PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sure there's no hope left for us.

Amset
10-24-2014, 02:03 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2k7jdn/dear_trion_we_the_legitimate_players_of_aa/

Trion and the players who didn't fall victim to this ban are completely and unequivocally sold on the concept that there are no innocents being banned, unless the account was compromised.

So unless somebody stole your account, it looks like you're completely screwed.

I did nothing wrong, never cheated, never botted, nothing. I even reported bots. Hell I began playing this game as a subject of study for my master's thesis. I'm a HUGE proponent of this game and its genre. I'm still screwed.

I'm certainly not leveling up another account after spending $400 on this game, so I suppose that means I'm done here.

Good luck to all of you out there that are still putting up a fight to get your characters back, but I have officially lost hope.

-Delita @ Ollo

lilpeg
10-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Correction, even if someone stole your account, your screwed.

PrettyLeila
10-24-2014, 02:08 PM
wait what?...
so that's it? we need to start over?

PrettyLeila
10-24-2014, 02:12 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2k7k3s/trion_please_dont_do_this/

just saw this.. what does he mean?.-.

CandyMad
10-24-2014, 02:22 PM
What the ♥♥♥♥ is "story telling". I'm trying to remain calm and patient but this is all just such utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. The way they're treating us is unbelievable!

PrettyLeila
10-24-2014, 02:23 PM
What the ♥♥♥♥ is "story telling". I'm trying to remain calm and patient but this is all just such utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. The way they're treating us is unbelievable!

ikr.. so pretty much this fgt calling us liars ?lol

bannedinnocent
10-24-2014, 02:24 PM
im giving them another 48 hours then im going to charge back all money paid to trion from my bank account

this is unacceptable

ValorLotD
10-24-2014, 02:36 PM
That statement was inaccurate or out of context. They are still reversing bans from email appeals, but as they probably received thousands of emails, it is going to take quite some time to get through them all.

I know there have been some success stories from appeals overturning the ban.

CandyMad
10-24-2014, 02:39 PM
That statement was inaccurate or out of context. They are still reversing bans from email appeals, but as they probably received thousands of emails, it is going to take quite some time to get through them all.

I've been spending a lot of time looking for such posts and any info about the banning, and I have not found one post of someone successfully unbanned since Oct 22. There were posts dated the 19th I found where a GM replied to a thread and helped a person or two, but since this latest wave they have stopped doing that.

MorlekA
10-24-2014, 02:40 PM

Thats good news, I'm not really sure whats going on, I got banned (from Ollo, hi LOTD) and did nothing wrong ever. Not scared of not getting UNBANNED if they look into my account, scared they never are going to look.

CandyMad
Maybe the posts you're thinking of, the person was banned prior to this 2nd ban wave.

lilpeg

I'm pretty sure you missed the entire point. First of all, your probably right there is success stories.

Who the ♥♥♥♥ are you to tell us instead of the company that took their money? There is a level of representation a company is responsible for and they are not doing it. You cannot say anything that will ever change the fact they are not treating people with the slightest bit of dignity, or respect.

As a customer service manager, representative, and trainer for 20 years, Trion has no excuse for these kinds of actions. I'm not even in the same boat as these folks in the 3rd party ban wave and it pisses me off. They are literally trying to take a page from how Guild Wars 2 responded to hackers and botters, and use a Sesame Street level of intelligence to reinforce it. Guild Wars 2 publically shamed people ONLY when there was proof. You have Scott Hartman out there posting people are legit hackers because they got teleported out of bounds. There is CLEARLY no communication between the actual people who do work towards fixing the false positives and the real ones, but you have a person with diarrhea of the mouth trying to represent falsehoods that they claim are facts.

I really don't expect most of the children here to understand responsibility, so I realize it will fall deaf on most ears. (This comment is for all the ♥♥♥ lickers that have been on about there short bus commentary)
For those of you who do understand that a customer is something that should be valued, I hope you see what I'm saying.

nekodanisupport
10-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Its sad watch all this.
Archeage is a nice game, but Trion........Well....*Facepalm*

PrettyLeila
10-24-2014, 02:48 PM
its ♥♥♥♥ed up 17k accounts got banned
100 - 200 people begging for their accounts..
they can't just find by IP people who was botting with a lot of accounts and banned their ip or something? and those who didn't do anything unban...

nekodanisupport
10-24-2014, 02:59 PM
I never seen something like this in any game...

I never was banned in any game, only Archeage. The launch of this game, is awful...

Sammat
10-24-2014, 03:02 PM
its ♥♥♥♥ed up 17k accounts got banned
100 - 200 people begging for their accounts..
they can't just find by IP people who was botting with a lot of accounts and banned their ip or something? and those who didn't do anything unban...
I know of about 50 accounts banned only in their guild of 130 people. And every one speak of his innocence(as I know, none of them wrote on the forum). About 100-200 people are you talking about, by at least an order of magnitude more.

PrettyLeila
10-24-2014, 03:05 PM
I know of about 50 accounts banned only in their guild of 130 people. And every one speak of his innocence(as I know, none of them wrote on the forum). About 100-200 people are you talking about, by at least an order of magnitude more.

well I don't know the exact number xD

Sammat
10-24-2014, 03:10 PM
I never seen something like this in any game...

I never was banned in any game, only Archeage. The launch of this game, is awful...

Same. Playing MMOs for over 15 years and have never seen such a lawlessness.
For example, when Blizzard baned on 200 or 300 thousand accounts were not many posts on their forum.

Ansom
10-24-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry, I've been in customer service for the large chunk of my adult life, and this kind of behavior by a company is borderline ♥♥♥♥ing criminal.

First, I can understand that if Trion didn't take major steps, they could possibly lose reputation - but when you take major steps that crunch on the innocent, paying gamers that support your product, you are not fixing a problem. You are creating a new problem entirely.

If that wasn't bad enough, having the CEO of your company come out in public making brash statements that are absolutely, 100% false is such a horror story on a magnitude unfathomable by any company save for EXXON Oil. Calling every single person who was banned "A lying cheat" while welcoming them to start new accounts and continue putting money in your bank accounts is just ♥♥♥♥ing offensive, and should be punishable in some regard.

I didn't cheat, I don't know of any of the other players personally, but I for one know for a ♥♥♥♥ing fact that my game, my money, my guild, and my property are in check because of Trion and their ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ system of checking for bots, hacks, spam, weight watchers, whatever the hell it is they were looking for.

I think in all honesty, they ♥♥♥♥ed up so badly, there is no fixing it. I seriously hate this, I loved this game - ArcheAge has been the pipedream of gaming that I have been waiting for my entire life. I love this game, and I love my guild, and Trion is taking it away for no reason other than their confidence in a program that is obviously flawed.

Down with Trion. Boo at you Trion, boo.

lilpeg
10-24-2014, 03:32 PM
@Ansom

I was doing some digging around about Trion, Worlds Inc. (http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/general-merchandise-retail/trion-worlds-in-redwood-city-ca-373637#reasonrating) (click link for their BBB information).

I gotta say, Kelly Conway and Caroline Wong, (this is not private information) did an absolutely amazing job on making the ToS / EULA completely disregard/dismiss/discriminate any of Trion's userbase for any reason.

If you look at other major companies that run MMO's on the BBB site you'll notice that the majority of them all try to resolve the complaints by actually doing some customer service.
Instead you have Trion here COPY PASTING every single complaint response, never once trying to fix anyone, but completely disregarding the people that make the complaint as 'too bad you agreed to it so ♥♥♥♥ off'. Trion Worlds, Inc Complaints (http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/general-merchandise-retail/trion-worlds-in-redwood-city-ca-373637/complaints)

This company is a Buyer Beware.

BBB has a no rating on Trion Worlds, Inc currently, and that is based on two things, either there is insufficient data (usually how many years of data collected (complaints/reviews/etc) OR they are still under review for their practices.
BBB file opened: 03/07/2011 Business started: 01/09/2006 so the years of data are here, and theres certainly complaints.
BBB Ranking Explanation (http://www.bbb.org/council/overview-of-bbb-grade/)

So it would 'appear' (not 100% confirming) that the BBB is still trying to go through all of the complaints, look if they actively seeked to come to a resolution to please a customer, then provide the rating. What I found strange is that you cannot review this company at all. BBB has no feature to review Trion Worlds, Inc. Every other MMO company I looked up had a ranking, and a place to review it, go figure right?

Anyways I'm done for now.

Good luck folks.

chrisstidm
10-24-2014, 04:16 PM
I will pray for us all.

Shaylin
10-24-2014, 04:27 PM
I was also banned on wed on the ollo server, and just got back my email saying I was unbanned. So it is happening. I still have no idea why, but all they did was say for me to change my password.