PDA

View Full Version : Those who Nui...Can't get past green splash screen.

Lorana
10-24-2014, 02:56 PM
I am going to post this topic both in Technical Support and in the Ezi server threads just to see if I can't get some help on this. I have been playing Archeage now for the better part of a month without any problems getting into the game whatsoever. Suddenly last night I started to have problems getting into the game.

The problem is when I go to start Archeage I get to the little green splash screen where it has the whole "Auroria, birthplace of magic." bit and the words will light up all the way to "Those who Nui" and then the last two words "once united" just never light up so needless to say I cannot get into the game.

According to Windows Task Manager the Glyph and Archeage programs are still responding so it didn't freeze. Here is a list of things I have tried that did not solve the issue:

-Opening Glyph and/or Archeage as Administrator

-Temporarily turning off AVG Virus protection and firewall (I use AVG instead of Windows Defender).

-Restarting the computer

-Deleting the UDF folder in the users\archeage folder.

None of these seemed to work and I can't find any other viable solutions to this issue listed online. Would love to get back into the game to finish getting my first toon to lvl 50 but this issue is keeping me from doing so. Please if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this issue I would love to hear your response.

Gestahl VonSchlichten
10-24-2014, 03:03 PM
How does the CPU and Disk use % look like?

I was having the same problem but my disk usage would skyrocket. Windows Defender alone would be hogging 80-90% when launching AA.
I disabled active scanning in WD, there may be a similar setting in AVG.

Getting the stats on what your computer is doing during that green loading bit will help out.

Edit: I did run into it once more afterward, I just let it sit for 10 minutes and never had the issue again.

Lorana
10-24-2014, 03:08 PM
At the point after Those who Nui... appears the CPU Usage tops out at 27% and memory is about 5.49 GB according to Windows Task Manager.

As far as I can tell there is nothing in AVG holding back Archeage and it has always run fine in the past few weeks while AVG was also running and I have not changed any settings in AVG. Did a check of my AVG firewall and it already allowed Archeage and Glyph.

Will try letting it sit for about 30 minutes or so and see if the issue does not resolve itself.

Edit: I did managed to find AVG's add exception feature and I added practically all the files and folders related to Glyph or Archeage to the exceptions list for AVG and this did not seem to make any difference. The issue remains.

Gestahl VonSchlichten
10-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Hmn
Yeah that spike in memory is suspect...
Is that coming from AA or AVG?

Lorana
10-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Most of the CPU is from Archeage. And its not really a spike, its about the same from the point where I click "play" in Glyph.