PDA

View Full Version : Glyph using high CPU

Relictor
10-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Since Gylph updated earlier it now is reading as 90%+ CPU usage, rendering my game//computer unusable with it up. I have tried reinstalling it and deleting the local app data ect ect to no avail. It was fine last night, just happened after it updated when I launched it earlier today. Help would be appreciated.

-update-
When minimized it goes back to using like nothing, but as soon as I bring it back up it shoots to 90%+. Any ideas?

Muzy
10-24-2014, 06:20 PM
In the launcher options, set When starting game: close glyph

There is no need to have it run in the background.

Krazymagic
10-24-2014, 06:46 PM
I can confirm this as well. Im wondering now if this is why the game has been running extra crappy tonight.....Its been almost unplayable. The game has enough stuttering, lag, and crashing without this problem. My glyph right now as I type this is toggling between 49 and 50% CPU usage, and its not patching a game or doing anything but just sitting there.

Relictor
10-24-2014, 11:39 PM
If I close Glyph once Archeage is running it disconnects me from the game. I also tried running it in Administrator and it sent me to this website http://archeage.xlgames.com/faq?id=1161 that I can not read. Game went from fine to unplayable for me this update. I have an AMD chipset if that helps.