PDA

View Full Version : Strange Account Activity Oct. 19th

Ansom
10-24-2014, 07:11 PM
So I was looking through my emails, and it appears that on October 19th, I had to verify my IP address four times throughout the day. I should have paid more attention to this at the time, but I must have just passed it off as nothing major.

I assumed this wasn't a problem at first, but now that I keep seeing these posts about "Accounts compromised." I have to question whether my account wasn't tampered with and I was completely unaware of it.

I don't remember seeing anything new or strange on my account, but on the same token, that's the only day in my email history that I had to verify IP four distinct times.

Could a GM please verify this information for me?

Question Reference # 141024-000887

Edit: So the first IP verification is at 7:52PM, and the last is after 10PM.

So that's four times in less than 3 hours.

Luvideralo
10-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Got the same 5 times and didnt notice it for the 18th of september and got banned on 16th october. Thats almost a month later. I dont think that it has something to do with it.

Jorganson
10-24-2014, 07:50 PM
If you have rebooted your modem for any reason, each time your ISP will allocate you a new IP address, this is enough of a reason to get that message popup, the game obviously uses your IP address, when it changes, it'thinks you are somewhere else.

I had to reboot my modem a number of times last week because I had internet issues after a storm, every time I had to insert the emailed code.

Zenitram
10-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Ive had to verify mine randomly while tethering through my phone but I went a week without having to then randomly had to do it again.