PDA

View Full Version : [Question] - Programs that help us do Rotations.

Domination
10-24-2014, 07:57 PM
I am old and my fingers do not move like they did 20 years ago. I use macros on my mice / keypad to do my rotations for me. I am also a programmer and have thought of making my own rotation program. I would figure that reading memory is probably a bit frowned upon, but key input from keyboard and mice should be legal. I want to clarify what is and what is not legal to have running while sitting at your keyboard.

Some automation should be allowed for those of us who are a little older and a bit slower. I figure as long as we are at our keyboard while those actions are performed we should be in the clear? If they are not allowed, I would like to make a suggestion to add that for your older gamers who can't quite keep up with the young bucks any more. I still like to play, but constantly losing because I can't run the fingers like I once did is slightly infuriating. Especially when I know that my wisdom in old age can make me a rotation platform that could keep me up with the best of them.

I would like an answer if I could get one!

Thank you for your time,
Some random old guy.

I posted this in general and did not get much of a response. I figured it should probably be in here instead.

lilpeg
10-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
Whether it's hardware or software, macros are not permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
Idling in the game should cause a disconnection from the server after a set period of time. XLGAMES is updating the AFK kick to detect evasion behaviors and disconnect those using them. Until then, using in-game mechanics to avoid the AFK kick is not permitted and could result in a permanent ban if the exploit is used repeatedly.

In today's gaming industry not being able to use a macro seems out of place, but well...it's Trion.

Domination
10-24-2014, 11:36 PM
I really need to know about this. I do not want to get banned for using macro's or other programs to help me with my rotation =(

Frimber
10-25-2014, 03:37 AM
I didnt know we didnt have a macro system in game, thats pretty busted. We should be able to bind several attacks to one key in a sequence. We still have to initiate it, but we have to press a plethora less buttons. On WoW I really liked that because I had so many skills and many of them were chained. Combos are the same thing here.
I replied yes on the poll because when I'm on a game that has them built in like WoW or PWI I use them. A lot. I hadn't tried looking for it in AA, I just assumed it had one. How outdated is that?

Domination
10-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Still looking for clarification please.

Domination
10-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Please answer. I can't play with out Macro's and I don't want to get banned.

lilpeg
10-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Just so you guys know I was putting a legitimate quote from Scapes up. He said "Whether it's hardware or software, macros are not permitted." Your all asking the wrong question here, first we need to get Trion to let us use macros. I have a Rykos MK Pro keyboard that I can't even begin to use because of those words Scapes has uttered.

Kaosfury
10-25-2014, 02:37 PM
You cannot macro.....

You press 1 button on 1 keyboard to execute 1 action on 1 toon.

Anything that automates kr circumvents should be bannable

My buddy is parapalegic....he slaps his ball mouse and keyboard like a pro....

Domination
10-25-2014, 08:02 PM
You cannot macro.....

You press 1 button on 1 keyboard to execute 1 action on 1 toon.

Anything that automates kr circumvents should be bannable

My buddy is parapalegic....he slaps his ball mouse and keyboard like a pro....

But that negates the 100's of dollars in peripherals that I have. It makes no sense that we can not macro keypads / keyboards / mice.

Muzy
10-25-2014, 08:40 PM
I agree that they could be a bit more clear about this.

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster-archeage-beta/

And having advertising partners like this does send a bit of a mixed signal.

Gaiinahat
10-25-2014, 11:13 PM
According to the Eula:

g. decrypt or modify any data transmitted between client and server and you may not use, post, host or distribute macros, cheats, automation software ("bots"), hacks modifications ("mods") or other programs which would allow unattended game play or which otherwise impact game play;

Remapping your keys is not the same thing as creating macros. In fact, remapping your keys is also allowed as a default in game. Remapping your keys does not allow for unattended game play, nor does it impact game play at all. The only thing remapping your keys does is make it more comfortable for you to actively play. For example, switching the mouse buttons allows for a left-handed person to use a right-handed mouse left-handedly.