PDA

View Full Version : Major Issue Needs To Be Fixed!!!

DFMcleod
10-25-2014, 12:20 AM
"The gods have disconnected you..." seems to be a huge issue for many users from at least October 21st onward. I have tried ALL day to connect to the game and stay connected without any success whatsoever. I've already posted about this but I hope to make this more visible for Trion so that they fix this quickly.

I've taken many steps to try to rectify the issue on my end including flushing my DNS resolver cache, releasing and renewing my IP, making sure archeage.exe and all Glyph exes are allowed to go inbound and outbound, reinstalled the game, restarted my computer, checked my Windows updates, disabled firewall and MSE, run successful ping and tracert tests and tried deleting my ucf folders. None of this resolved the issue.

Trion needs to be aware that while this may be affecting a small number of players/customers it is a MAJOR issue that needs to be fixed immediately. It seems to be a server-side issue and has happened most notably after the October 24th Glyph update/maintenance and whatever they may have stealth patched to the server.

Please, as a paying customer and supporter of this game, fix this issue immediately Trion. Don't let XLGames push you around or send you "test" patches that break our servers.

Fasti
10-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Go back into your antivirus and firewall applications and add the full folders for Glyph and ArcheAge to the exceptions, not just the executable files. If you still have them disabled, enable them again, then do those steps. Once that is done go ahead and restart your PC.

After it reboots, launch your security software and check for any quarantined files. If any are related to ArcheAge go ahead and release them and try the game again.

Thanks!

DFMcleod
10-25-2014, 12:48 AM
That did not fix the issue. Also as far as I know you cannot add folders to the exceptions list with Windows firewall. I guess I should have mentioned in the OP that I've been able to play the game mostly without issue for over a month prior to the 24th. Whatever you guys did has made the game completely unplayable and inaccessible to a select few people (not including the wrongfully banned people).

Zackreaver
10-25-2014, 01:02 AM
I am also going through similar issues that DFMcleod is having. However my problem started on 10/21/2014, and I've been having the issue for 5 days straight.

I've tried everything listed in this opening thread, the thing is I've managed to hit the servers a couple times, I end up getting disconnected at most 3 seconds after connecting.

If I'm lucky I can walk two steps before I get a disconnection message from either the gods or the gamemaster.

But the point is I connect, it's just only for a very short time, something is kicking me after I connect.

I have done everything to make sure nothing is blocking archeage, from adding it to the exception list to disabling everything that would block it or interfere with it. I've been running the game with task manager dry, practically no process's are running aside from the ones that windows requires to function.

DFMcleod
10-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Yep it's pretty much the same for me. I managed to get in for maybe a minute not too long ago and the game was super laggy and then BAM disconnected by the gods. I've got a good rig and a very stable internet connection and nothing else is having issues. Just Archeage.

Zackreaver
10-25-2014, 01:15 AM
Yep it's pretty much the same for me. I managed to get in for maybe a minute not too long ago and the game was super laggy and then BAM disconnected by the gods. I've got a good rig and a very stable internet connection and nothing else is having issues. Just Archeage.

See thats the thing, I ran this game perfectly on my desktop back in connecticut, but when I moved to california I got a laptop to kill time until my desktop arrives in the mail.

The laptop isn't perfect, but it meets the requirements for the game. I even managed to play the game perfectly fine on wednesday (multithread rendering is awesome for my quad core)

But seriously, this issue kept having me second guessing myself, if this problem were happening on my desktop I would immediately know it's not my fault because my desktop ran the alpha without issues. But with my laptop my first guess's were the computer myself.

But if the game ran perfectly on wednesday for a single session, why can't it run that way all the time? It really feels like something server side is kicking me when I connect.

DFMcleod
10-25-2014, 01:10 PM
I just tried to log in hoping it was just a hiccup from yesterday and got disconnected within a couple minutes. So they haven't fixed it yet.

Zackreaver
10-25-2014, 01:24 PM
I've been at this for 5 days now.

But hey, while your here, what error's do your logs give in the
\Documents\ArcheAge\LogBackups\ArcheAge folder?

if were having similar errors our problems might be identical.

DFMcleod
10-25-2014, 01:32 PM
There's nothing in that folder at all for me. I do have some logs and crash dumps in the main ArcheAge folder in documents though. I'd just deleted the entire folder then restarted and tried the game so that's why there's no log backups.

Wolvegang
10-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Are you by chance on WIFI? Not that it should make any difference but here is something I noticed. If you're on WIFI try switching from Short or Long Preamble. ArcheAge does not like sharing the network connection. Also it does not like "nosey" or "dirty" connections. Being I live in the booneys and have crappy DSL it can be an issue at times. I don't know why however. Would this be some sort of data encryption issue? The slightest interruption seems to cause a disconnect.

Anyone noticed this?

DFMcleod
10-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Are you by chance on WIFI? Not that it should make any difference but here is something I noticed. If you're on WIFI try switching from Short or Long Preamble. ArcheAge does not like sharing the network connection. Also it does not like "nosey" or "dirty" connections. Being I live in the booneys and have crappy DSL it can be an issue at times. I don't know why however. Would this be some sort of data encryption issue? The slightest interruption seems to cause a disconnect.

Anyone noticed this?

Nope I'm on a wired connection directly to the modem with no hardware firewall or anything blocking it. I've got a stable 30mbps connection.

Oddfin
10-25-2014, 01:54 PM
I have also been having this same exact issues since the recent patch, on top of the account related issues Trion has failed to resolve in the past month of mine, I don't expect to see any resolution or even general concern on their part for this issue either.

No connection issues prior to this patch, non wifi internet, firewalls disabled, antivirus disabled, every "turn it off and turn it back on" copy pasted suggestion from them has been attempted to fix this. With this many people having the same exact issue, are you really going to deny that it's on your end?

DFMcleod
10-25-2014, 02:06 PM
The funny thing is those fixes are just routine maintenance steps you take to troubleshoot things. They are almost never the culprit unless you're computer illiterate and the issue is usually more sinister. For me it's not a simple fix and I am 99.9% sure now that it's a server-side issue rather than client-side.

Just to be sure though I'm doing a full clean uninstall/reinstall of the game AGAIN to verify and going through all the routine troubleshooting steps before I am certain it's not a client-side issue.

Kreeture
10-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Having exactly the same issues since my last patch.....

MonsterFace
10-25-2014, 08:01 PM
I did the steps from the "Hackshield Troubleshooting" page,along with all the other things I found through Google and nothing worked.
So I went back through everything and while I was in my System and Security settings (after I already did the "Add Exception to Firewall/Anti-Virus" steps) I did these steps and it worked.

1. Got to Control Panel
2. Click on System and Security
3. Click on Windows Firewall
4.Click on feature through Windows Firewall
5.Click on Change Settings
6. Click on Allow another program
7. Click browse
8. Find the Glyph folder and open it
9. Open the games folder,open the ArcheAge folder,next open the Live folder,open the bin32 folder and Click on the ArcheAge icon and Click open.
10. Click the add button
11. Restart the computer

Sorry if everyone has already tried this but it worked for me so I thought I would share it.

Mitza1
10-25-2014, 09:05 PM
After days of playing, this is now happening to me... logged in and randomly after 5 mins or so. Disconnected, now I can't connect for more than 30s. I've done all the original post ideas and the comment above. 250Mbps "must be my connection" 4500 dollar gaming laptop "must be my computer or antivirus" such a joke. Fix your game.

DFMcleod
10-25-2014, 11:22 PM
I did the steps from the "Hackshield Troubleshooting" page,along with all the other things I found through Google and nothing worked.
So I went back through everything and while I was in my System and Security settings (after I already did the "Add Exception to Firewall/Anti-Virus" steps) I did these steps and it worked.

1. Got to Control Panel
2. Click on System and Security
3. Click on Windows Firewall
4.Click on feature through Windows Firewall
5.Click on Change Settings
6. Click on Allow another program
7. Click browse
8. Find the Glyph folder and open it
9. Open the games folder,open the ArcheAge folder,next open the Live folder,open the bin32 folder and Click on the ArcheAge icon and Click open.
10. Click the add button
11. Restart the computer

Sorry if everyone has already tried this but it worked for me so I thought I would share it.

I've already done all this. None of that worked. Still getting disconnected "by the gods" right after logging in. Barely any word from GMs thus far on this. Getting really angry now... Lost 2 days of patron thus far...

Lividdata
10-26-2014, 04:12 AM
Adding myself to the list of players having this issue. The problem did not start until the 24th/25th. Now I can not stay connected for longer then a minute. Have already done basic trouble shooting as well as call my ISP to make sure my connection wasn't the issue. Submitted a ticket less then 24 hours ago.

Reyven
10-26-2014, 05:11 AM
I've had the issue for two days now. I didn't have many issues before, my firewall is working fine with the correct exceptions. I've rebooted my computer numerous times since the issue, run a full virus scan and even memory test. Everything on my end is fine besides having slow internet, and since I've had this internet for 3 weeks now with no prior issues, I'm pretty sure it isn't that.
Submitted a ticket today so hopefully it'll be fixed soon...

Kreeture
10-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Would really appreciate some kind of response from the devs. Only post I have seen was a generic fix that is common sense. Those of us that are being shut out due to this are missing the event, losing out on housing opportunities aswell as losing our farms. Give us something ~

DFMcleod
10-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Would really appreciate some kind of response from the devs. Only post I have seen was a generic fix that is common sense. Those of us that are being shut out due to this are missing the event, losing out on housing opportunities aswell as losing our farms. Give us something ~

My thoughts exactly. Missing the event, losing patron time, losing progression time, and lots of other things. It's getting old really fast. No word from Trion yet on our issue and that is alarming.

Zackreaver
10-26-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm a little annoyed right now, I'm in line for a new live chat at the moment.

You see, I made an alternate account to check something. And I am able to start up my game just fine and I can play on my alternate account without issue.

Yet when I try to log into my main account, the one I PAID for, it keeps disconnecting me. I am currently right now, playing on my alternate account, on the same exact computer that has the issue with my main account.

I was informed in a previous live chat that there was no ill marks on my account. This better be a misunderstanding, because I don't want to have been lied too.

in fact this is exactly what was said in my first live chat when this issue occured

[10:12:59 AM] GM Greyashe: I don't see any sort of compromise or bad notes on your account. For this situation, I'm going to have you try these two things:

Download/install any and all available Windows Updates
Disable Windows Security Essentials

Because if this is the case, why does my new account have no issues playing?

Zackreaver
10-26-2014, 05:42 PM
In-game spamming issue, gm's have no control over it. Problem has been escalated to the development crew.

Account isn't banned, but the automated system must be screwing up somewhere. Especially considering on the character I made, I haven't even said a word. (my friend and I just talk on skype)

Well at least I'm getting somewhere finally, still stuck on the waiting game however.

sadpriest
10-26-2014, 06:12 PM
Go back into your antivirus and firewall applications and add the full folders for Glyph and ArcheAge to the exceptions, not just the executable files. If you still have them disabled, enable them again, then do those steps. Once that is done go ahead and restart your PC.

After it reboots, launch your security software and check for any quarantined files. If any are related to ArcheAge go ahead and release them and try the game again.

Thanks!

Dude it is deeply offensive that you would suggest that its a firewall issue. Please reconsider your word choice.

SunDhex
10-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Fasti please take a look at my account. I have only found a glitch with a boat which teleports you to a limbo state in the game and was banned. If you could please just take a minute to look into it, that would be very much appreciated!

Question Reference # 141025-004033
Date Created: 10/25/2014 02:55 PM
Date Last Updated: 10/25/2014 02:55 PM

hammarus
10-26-2014, 06:41 PM
When one person has an issue its usually on there end, when two or more have a similar issue its 50/50 as to where the issue is. When DOZENS have an issue its server side. Trion, whatever you did from the 21st its turning the game into a slideshow for many and a no go for alot of others. Identify and fix this ASAFP

Reek
10-26-2014, 07:37 PM
I have been playing since Alpha and have never had an issue like this. It is now become unplayable as I can not even go out to kill a few mobs without the fear of locking up at any moment. I have already leveled one toon to 50 and have another at 43 and now I am confined to planting my farm as I can not do anything else productive loosing connection every 1 to 10 minutes. I have like all the others gone thru and opened up all the folders and files thru the firewall and antivirus programs plus reinstalled the entire game more than 3 times now and glyph a half dozen times. I have done everything to HS and resinstalled it as well. I am also a paying customer have even bought more crystals from the shop to help my cause. If things do not change quickly I will contest all my payments made to this game. I get lockups even at the character select screen, none of this happened until the patch last week and I have just about had it with the lack of trying on your part. Blaming everything else when it happened when your patch was introduced. It is something in the patch why can you guys not realize that.

Aedosis
10-26-2014, 10:37 PM
this issue just start to happend to me also, been playing just fine but today wow all started with some spike lags after that I got kick out the game all the time.

alyria80
10-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Add me to the list. Been playing since Alpha with no problem, but since the last update the game is completely unplayable. Freezing, crashing, objects not rendering. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it.

Kreeture
10-27-2014, 07:49 AM
cleaning my browser MAY have helped me get in, try it if you havnt

Elevar
10-27-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm joining to the party. Since yesterday the game is literally unplayable for me. And still no response from Trion? (EU player)

grrocker
10-27-2014, 01:59 PM
same here. Tried everything . Every solution and didnt work . After pressing play in Glyph launcher , i get the web page with the korean . Disabled every firewall - ms security - etc . FIX IT !!!!!!!

grrocker
10-27-2014, 02:27 PM
i just fixed with the way below. Dunno if will work for you as well. But i had to share with you .

If the game shuts down while Hackshield is running, you can perform the following steps to resolve the issue. Perform each step individually and then attempt to launch the client again.

Run the client as Administrator

Navigate to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph
Right-click on the file named "GlyphClient"
Click 'Properties.'
Click on the 'Compatibility' tab.
Click the check box for 'Run this program as an administrator.'
Click 'Apply' and then 'OK.'
Attempt to patch.

But generally , all these problems are unacceptable to me :/ the txaa problem still persists.....

far
10-30-2014, 06:28 AM
This hasn't been bumped in a few days so I'm going to post. One of my guildies is having this problem, but only since the last patch. He has a brand new computer, stable internet connection, has disabled anti-virus, firewalls etc. to no avail. Full reinstalls has not happen. He has tried all the stuff suggested by GM Fasti in the 2nd post of this thread.

far
10-31-2014, 07:27 AM
bumb again... i'm losing guildies to this (in that they are quitting archeage)

HailTavi
11-01-2014, 08:02 PM
I was able to play just fine last night. Everything was just fine until this morning. So far, I haven't been able to log in at all today seeing as I keep getting "Disconnected by the gods." I've tried several 'fixes' already and nothing. It's quite frustrating as well as disappointing how this keeps on happening to people.

Nethos
11-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Yep, no luck here either just started yesterday, the game is unplayable and not only that I cant even renew my subscription or buy more credits this game is completely falling apart please fix this Trion I love your game but like most other players I can only put up with so much before I change games.