PDA

View Full Version : Settings not saving and no custom cloak designs

blasphemish
10-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Since the last patch I am not able to save settings and the custom designed cloaks and sail logos does not appear anymore either.

This is so far what I have been trying:
-when in game I change settings then go to character screen and then exit game.
-I have tried this advise from GM http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?27958-unable-to-see-crests&p=301266#post301266 Did not work either.
- So basicaly now I cant change settings cause for some of them the game needs to be restarted but when I do that everything is back the way it was before I changed it

This is really pissing me off and I dont want to wait 2+ days for my support ticket to be answered so I did not even made one and live chat,well you guys know the queue time...

So what the ♥♥♥♥ is wrong here? I thought the game was not in beta anymore and this kind of issues only happen in beta. Please someone come up with a solution cause this is really frustrating:mad:

Dannyevilguy
10-25-2014, 05:32 PM
I have the same problem. My mask is just a blank slate and all my custom chat tabs are gone. Any changes I make in settings are reset when I log off.

blasphemish
10-25-2014, 05:36 PM
I have the same problem. My mask is just a blank slate and all my custom chat tabs are gone. Any changes I make in settings are reset when I log off.

aah yeah good you pointed that out, Cant even have my custom chat settings either after restart. FIX THESE ISSUES PLEASE!

Kawasaki
10-26-2014, 08:28 AM
same here i play the game on LOWEST and i mean lowest and when i enter sound is on max,shadows are on and my chat tabs that i created are gone.

blasphemish
10-27-2014, 01:36 PM
any help regarding this issue? I thought this was the technical support part of the forums... GMs are you still here? please help me out with this

jello
10-27-2014, 01:48 PM
same here. also bluescreening since patch. nothing is saving, tried all different stuff, nothing works. tickets dont get answered, support is non existent here. im really pissed atm.

blasphemish
10-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Gonna BUMP this, issues still here -_-

blasphemish
10-30-2014, 06:29 PM
still no word from a GM, I thought this was the technical support part of the forums....

blasphemish
11-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Come on, This is getting really ridiculous now.. No GM around who can help me with this?

Makujo
11-03-2014, 06:38 AM
you guys are closing the game normally correct? not alt f4ing or task managering?? if you close it normally it should save the settings. if thats not working you can edit the settings manually inside your documents\archeage folder, Jello if your blue screening get the error code and google it, if its only happening when ur running archeage its probably a overheating issue or else bad memory issue on the top end of your memory. can also try running the game in administrator will help it save the config after you change the settings in game.

edit: as a side note, blank masks and blank capes and crests and all that are 100% on your side, everyone else should be able to see the correct crest/mask, but on your side it doesn't load the .png due to lag/ect/ect. at times.

blasphemish
11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Yes Makujo, I shutdown everything the usal way without ALT+F4 or Task manager , I have tried everything nothing and still those custom designs won`t show up, I paid for patron to play the game but I cant play normally without FPS and teh fact that I bought stuff for designing my cloaks etc which dont show up ,so kinda wasted my money here and no response from GM and now that I am reading the new patch notes,it seems there is no fix for this :S

Ophyrs
11-03-2014, 06:28 PM
this happens to me as well, i'm worried it might be an issue with my account itself, as for info, play the game on ultra everyhing maxed, however my internet uses a dynamic ip each time i restart it.
anyway, I CANNOT save any chat/in game actionbar settings

things I've tried.
*deleting the my documents thing
*applying settings then logging right after
*applying settings then waiting for hours and logging
*applying settings minutes away from maintenance and letting maintenance disconnect me
*applying settings and disconecting my net
*applying settings and alt f4ing.

it's real dumb and I'd appreciate a response as well

blasphemish
11-03-2014, 06:32 PM
gonna keep bumping this till a GM replies

Playbahnosh
11-03-2014, 06:51 PM
I only started playing a few days ago, but this same thing is happening to me as well. I can't save any settings, game options, graphics options, even the in-game hotbar and chat settings are gone EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The game keeps crashing because my VGA has a problem with CryEngine 3 and DX11, so I NEED to switch to DX9 mode, but I simply can't. I start the game, change the settings on the character screen, exit the game normally, start it up again, and everything is back as it was, nothing is saved.

SO, I tried editing the config file (Documents>ArcheAge>system.cfg) and set the display to "DX9", saved it, started up the game, and setting was back to DX11. When I checked, the file reverted back DX11 too. So I edited the config file again and made it READ ONLY. I even forced my VGA to DX9 mode in the driver settings. BUT, I started the game, and it was STILL DX11 mode, despite the config file and vga settings saying DX9!! WHAT THE HELL? This is ridiculous!

It's one thing all my hotbar, chat and game settings are gone when I log out, but I simply can't handle the fact I can't change even the friggin graphics settings...

Playbahnosh
11-04-2014, 05:44 AM
I FOUND A SOLUTION!

Okay, for those who can't seem to save their game settings (I don't know about custom designs, sorry), here is a workaround I found:

*Now, change your game settings, graphics, hotbars, whatever to the way you want it and save it. At this point DO NOT exit game with the "Exit Game" button, this is important!
*Use the "Select Character" button to log out and go back to the character selection screen.
*Use the "Exit Game" button there to quit to desktop.

If you done it right, when you start the game again, your settings should have changed and everything you set should still be the way you set it. It worked for me (I was finally able to set the game to DX9 mode), but try it yourself and report back if it works or not. I know this is only a workaround but it'll do for the time being.

blasphemish
11-08-2014, 05:40 PM
I FOUND A SOLUTION!

Okay, for those who can't seem to save their game settings (I don't know about custom designs, sorry), here is a workaround I found:

*Now, change your game settings, graphics, hotbars, whatever to the way you want it and save it. At this point DO NOT exit game with the "Exit Game" button, this is important!
*Use the "Select Character" button to log out and go back to the character selection screen.
*Use the "Exit Game" button there to quit to desktop.

If you done it right, when you start the game again, your settings should have changed and everything you set should still be the way you set it. It worked for me (I was finally able to set the game to DX9 mode), but try it yourself and report back if it works or not. I know this is only a workaround but it'll do for the time being.

This is NOT a solution, Have you even read my starter post?

Any GMs or someone from Trion capable of helping me out on this or is Trion clueless too why the game is not saving changes and not showing cloak/sail designs of others and mine?

Come on Trion, what kind of "technical" people do you have there?

blasphemish
11-08-2014, 05:58 PM
@Morgana please read this -_-

blasphemish
11-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Bumping this again

blasphemish
11-09-2014, 07:15 PM
sorry guys but I will keep bumping this issue till some GM responds to this issue, I did a search on forums and this problem supposed to be solved,will its not, I even did a reinstall of the game but still none of the settings get saved.

blasphemish
11-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Looking at the activity of GMs,it seems they care more about patrons who cant spend money on the game and help them out instead of helping Patrons who already paid for the game but are unable to play the game decently due to the fact that the game won`t let you save graphical options.... for me the game is unplayable with the current settings and I want to change it so I can play the game without being afraid fps drops ( all I can do atm is stay away from too many people or my fps drops ) . Game settings are there for a reason and not being able to save the settings is something which was supposed to be solved in ALPHA and not this so called "finished" product

blasphemish
11-12-2014, 06:18 PM
still nothing....... technical support they call it....

blasphemish
11-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Bumping it again to get some GM attention or someone who knows how to solve this

Banned
11-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Bump
I want a solution. :p

Discodin
11-17-2014, 01:37 AM
I'd like a response to this too. In addition to all the custom crests not loading and UI saving issues, I can't see any titles of songs on the sheet music in my bags. The names just do not load in and everything is displayed only as "Sheet music."

Discodin
11-18-2014, 05:08 PM
So, I have a potential fix for this problem. Exit out of Glyph and go to your 'My Documents' folder and rename the ArchAge folder to "ArchAge1." After doing this all your options will be set to default but you should notice custom crests loading in. Just set up your UI and exit normally to save. Hope this helps :)