PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] GLYPH : 100% CPU Usage.

Jooki
10-26-2014, 02:08 AM
As you can see on the right monitor on the task manager, Glyph uses 100% of CPU (yall see 50%+- due to it being a dual core cpu).

http://i.imgur.com/FO8xP5W.jpg

Happening since last Glyph update.

BONUS: http://i.imgur.com/0go6Kmz.jpg

theeasyrider
10-26-2014, 06:01 AM
no official statement on this yet ? I have the same PROBLEM, as i see NO reason why Glyph should kill so much cpu without any reason, without any information.
Any idea where to deactivate the Glyph CPU usage ?
On my daughter's computer AA is actually UNPLAYABLE with Glyph running at the same time. Well, we close it now, but this cannot be intended, as AA crashes every now and then and everytime starting Glyph again...is annoying, like ALL these problems with the client are.

Wolfrizger
10-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Good luck getting a response. Trion has no idea what they are doing with this game they've inherited. That's why theres no response to the 100 pages asking why so many people have no marketplace. Worst game launch ever.

Muzy
10-26-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm sure they're aware of the problem.

Right now it's best to just go into the launcher options and set glyph to close when you start the game. Even after they fix it there will be no reason to have it run in the background.

theeasyrider
10-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Well, the reason for me is simple. Game crashes for whatever reason regularly. So with Glyph started i simply have to click the "Play" Button and get inside the game a little bit sooner. Nothing more, nothing less. but ok, for the meantime its a workaround, but its annoying that they have talent to implement stuff like this instead of resolving problems they bring up ever more of them....

theeasyrider
10-27-2014, 01:36 AM
Well....well.....this option (close glyph when starting the game) results in NO GAME start, but opens a website in korean language with something about hackshield^^
Activating Glyph again and letting the game start normally has no problem, so i close Glyph manually now....*sigh*

Rados
10-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Switching Glyph to Store tab drops CPU usage to ~0% if you don't want to close Glyph.