PDA

View Full Version : Exploring ArcheAge Livestream: Justice for All

Scapes
05-28-2014, 09:04 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/AA_HEADER_JusticeLivestream_Prisoner.bmp (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/05/exploring-archeage-livestream-justice-for-all)

Join Producer Victoria "FireCait" Voss and Senior Community Relations Manager Evan "Scapes" Berman on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds) for the ninth installment of our Exploring ArcheAge livestream series. In this episode, Justice for All, we’re exploring crime and punishment in ArcheAge and will be demonstrating the game’s trial and jail features from a first-hand point of view. Experience the full cycle of ArcheAge’s criminal system, from breaking the law to breaking out of the lock-up!

Exploring ArcheAge: Justice for All
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: Thursday, May 29 at 3:00 PM Pacific
Duration: 45 minutes

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/05/exploring-archeage-livestream-justice-for-all)

dragonmi0
05-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Hopefully this time some info about the Beta as well, since June is right around the corner and we don't even have a date yet...

Sam Hatake
05-29-2014, 02:29 AM
I want beta info, and when the game will be officially released, loads of people that I told about Archeage, they were all like "Yeah, they have no date, so ........it will probably come out next year" , I couldn't care if lets say the date was I dunno 2 maybe 3 months, but I JUST WANT TO KNOW, its like waiting for your birthday , but not knowing when it is...

Pectora
05-29-2014, 02:47 AM
This is so nice. even tho i dont win the keys i love this. And just the you have a chance to win its nice :D

feobroken
05-29-2014, 02:55 AM
hope there's an emote that allows you to sing nobody knows whilst jinking a cup up and down the bars of your cell :)

As for beta i suspect they don't want to announce a date until they have the new build up and running and had a chance to test it in alpha for a week to iron out any major bugs that creep in, Xl games may also be taking there time sending the build to them which is causing a delay.

I wouldn't expect to hear about a launch date until closer to open beta as unlike some companies(NCSOFT being a notable offender) Trion don't tend to push games out until they're ready.

Sufferance
05-29-2014, 05:22 AM
Could you give an idea of what factors determine the sentence a player gets after a trial? Are there any benefits for jurors? Are there any benefits for the individuals that report the crimes? Aside from the warm fuzzy feeling of being an honest and just individual. Is there a way to determine an escaped criminal from any other player? What happens to an escaped criminal if they are killed while they are fleeing their sentence? What determines who is offered jury duty other than signing up for it? Are the items you acquire while in prison permanent? Are the items from prison able to be traded, and if so do you think that some people will try to create a market out of them? Is there a way to break into the prison? Are you able to visit imprisoned friends or enemies? Are you worried that time in prison may cause some individuals to become more hardened criminals? Are there any thoughts on rehabilitation for those that do serve their sentence and are deemed safe to return to society?

Kashim
05-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Is there a way to break into the prison? Are you able to visit imprisoned friends or enemies? Are you worried that time in prison may cause some individuals to become more hardened criminals? Are there any thoughts on rehabilitation for those that do serve their sentence and are deemed safe to return to society?

Considering that you can fly out of the prison to escape, I would assume that there is a possibility of flying in with a good enough glider and proper timing of skills. I'm unaware of anything high and or close enough to make the jump though.

A proper iron spanking from fellow players could certainly put a person on the straight and narrow if we hit hard enough.

just4me
05-29-2014, 08:19 AM
The justice system is a joke. most people get out within 3 mins of going.

dragonmi0
05-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Considering that you can fly out of the prison to escape, I would assume that there is a possibility of flying in with a good enough glider and proper timing of skills. I'm unaware of anything high and or close enough to make the jump though.

A proper iron spanking from fellow players could certainly put a person on the straight and narrow if we hit hard enough.

I've watched videos about the jailbreaking process (I'm huge fan, but don't have alpha, so unable to play yet...) and so far I've not seen any rock from which you can glide over the sea and the wall. It is quite a distance... But I have heard that there is a certain glider that allows you to stay at the same altitude for all the time, so perhaps with enough patience, it is possible (I think you got it from killing the kraken, tough I'm not really sure)

dragonmi0
05-29-2014, 08:27 AM
I've watched videos about the jailbreaking process (I'm huge fan, but don't have alpha, so unable to play yet...) and so far I've not seen any rock from which you can glide over the sea and the wall. It is quite a distance... But I have heard that there is a certain glider that allows you to stay at the same altitude for all the time, so perhaps with enough patience, it is possible (I think you got it from killing the kraken, tough I'm not really sure)

Just checked it on and the glider I meant, is the feather dragon glider (or somethimg like that). It was mentioned in one of the official streams anounced on the forum and it is obtained by killing the kraken... you need to hold down the "s-key" and you will stop losing altitude (their words, not mine)

Archeman
05-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Will there be a more serious punishment in the game? One way to improve it is consecutive sentences example:
1) one larceny crime can be 10mins, but 5 larceny 50mins
2) two larceny, two assault, and one murder is 1 hour 30 minutes consecutive sentences

Incarceration Times

Larceny = 10mins
Assault = 20mins
Murder = 30mins

Jury can still decide if a person is guilty or not and also if the defendant has not escaped jail in the past, early release is available for jurors to decide. Sentence is always been up to the judge.

dragonmi0
05-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Will there be a more serious punishment in the game? One way to improve it is consecutive sentences example:
1) one larceny crime can be 10mins, but 5 larceny 50mins
2) two larceny, two assault, and one murder is 1 hour 30 minutes consecutive sentences

Incarceration Times

Larceny = 10mins
Assault = 20mins
Murder = 30mins

Jury can still decide if a person is guilty or not and also if the defendant has not escaped jail in the past, early release is available for jurors to decide. Sentence is always been up to the judge.

Problem with that is that you don't get jail time for just 1 crime... I've seen people who got about 45 crimes before he died and sent to jail. So how would you judge them? And what to do with people who committed a couple of murders and some thievery... just add them like you suggested might lead up to being unable to play your character for a few days... And if you say that you can always break out of jail, your entire plan would fall apart, since there would be no use in changing the jail times.

Kashim
05-29-2014, 04:02 PM
since there would be no use in changing the jail times. It's not the actual jail players need to worry about, its the length of the criminal debuff that prevents the use of skills.

rare
05-29-2014, 04:05 PM
aww i missed the livestream... anything about the beta?

SatanSanta
05-29-2014, 04:07 PM
well... no beta info was said hopefully it enters beta soon. i just want in already but dont wana fork over $150 and im not a hardcore streamer having people who watch me play paying for it

Neva
05-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Here is the same question I ask every week. Anyone have a link for this?

Linni
05-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Here is the same question I ask every week. Anyone have a link for this?

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/533455286

I found it this time otherwise I'd be waiting with you lol

Jynn
05-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Awww,,, I guess I missed the livesteam... I'm assuming all the steams are going to be on the same day weekly?

dragonmi0
05-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Awww,,, I guess I missed the livesteam... I'm assuming all the steams are going to be on the same day weekly?

As far as I know, they'll always be at 3 pm pacific time every thursday. But just keep an eye out for the site/forum, it gets announced 24 hours up front of the stream

Black Demon
05-30-2014, 02:21 AM
I have couple of Question about Justice, first of all I do understand that when you become a criminal and die you send to court, but I have read that when you re-logs u send to it too, so I wanted to make sure if it is true or not and if it is why?

My second question: is there going to be a bounty system? I have searched and looked for people opinion some are looking for the idea while other say it is not fair, I mean what good I am going to have for hunting down a pirate? from my point of view bounty system will make game more interesting, being a pirate with high bounty on your head will make you famous one and more targeted which will make you more careful, or being a well known bounty hunter that can hunt down any pirate, for those who wants to be a bounty hunter, archeage can put a bounty on most dangerous pirate in it depending on their crimes, and bounty hunters can pick missions to hunt down those pirates.

As for my last question, if a criminal killed another criminal or pirate killed another pirate is he sent to court or not?

hope my explanation about bounty hunter was clear and you have got my idea, and if their is going to be a a bounty system can you explain more about it and if not why isn't there going to be one?

Steven
05-30-2014, 09:34 AM
There's something many people didn't understand before this live steam and I'm glad they explained it. For those who missed it, even if you break out, you are still very limited on what you can do during your sentence. For example, you can't fight or craft. So you are still being punished, but you can at least find your friends and talk. I think the justice system looks good.

I think another nice feature would be if we could report other players for offensive language. It should copy their words for the jury to review. That way if someone is repeatedly harassing other players, the community can put them in timeout :)

smartkid23
05-31-2014, 10:45 AM
Is there a way to break into the prison? Are you able to visit imprisoned friends or enemies?

Yes there are ways to break into prisons and visit your friend and one way would be getting teleported into there but there is a risk of getting yourself 30mins in jail if you do so.

Vossler
06-01-2014, 12:26 PM
i like the fact that they have a justice system but it really a lot of needs work...

TL;DR ===> I was innocent and got told i'm a liar because they cant see all the attacks he did to me... or him stealing from my cargo... or killing my ship either... so i get jail time while he steals 2 trade packs ,i lose my ship and have to then turn myself in and wait 13 minutes. some real justice right there :mad: ...

so many situations that jury members just hit guilty cause of not enough scenario evidence... and yes im talking about if someone (a criminal) first assaulted someone else on his own ship... took his ship ran off with it... then got hunted down and killed by the innocent guy trying to save his own belongings... the fact that he can take it near a rezz spot with all the trade packs on the floor means he can just keep "PEACEFULLY" trying to steal your cargo. but you touch him its seen as murder and assault...

then the innocent guy goes to jail and gets guilty cause on the report logs all they see is :
A: you attacked him while he wasn't even in blood lust about 5 times? why?
B: "he was stealing my cargo after already destroying my ship, we were near a rezz spot and he kept re-rezzing and reattempting to steal my cargo..."
A: no proof, as far as i know you're just a pirate that was camping some random player...

followed by the other 4 members telling me i'm guilty... i even willing said in trail and in faction that i was looking for a bounty hunter to turn myself in after i was told i cant do crime reduction quests till i'm level 50...

over all i really do encourage the idea +1... its rough... really rough but has a lot of potential if its not neglected. they need a full run down on who was filling out the report and their profiles ETC... things like when he was murdered by the defendant, was he carrying a STOLEN trade pack... and the fact he recently blew up someones ship >_> and maybe if the guy filling out the report is a Dbag to begin with (by checking his profile) his word really wouldn't mean next to ♥♥♥♥... maybe even a trial rating based on how many people think you casually lie / steal / kill and so on... just to know right on the spot if this report means something or nothing...

Blazzin
06-03-2014, 11:56 AM
if u think it's unfair then maby u can find "nice" people that for reasonal price make justice for u - on the jury and the one that stole your goods

Xaadus Creed
06-04-2014, 09:05 PM
This jail system by itself made me want to steal peoples stuff lol

feobroken
06-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Have they announced what this weeks stream will be about yet?

zefs
06-05-2014, 08:17 AM
I think you guys forgot to upload the latest live-streams on your youtube channel? Please do :p

dragonmi0
06-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Guys will there be a stream today? since there hasn't been any update yet...

Euphorical
06-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Anyone have a link for the video, as I have missed the livestream.

dragonmi0
06-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Anyone have a link for the video, as I have missed the livestream.

Look to what has been said earlier, the link is somewhere there.

JewlzMea
06-05-2014, 10:22 AM
no more livestreams? :( i like thoes just never get to watch them live. i always get the leftovers LOL

Black Demon
06-07-2014, 12:54 AM
Hi guys I just got a question about justice system, when you murder or steal how long the evidence (Blood and foot steps) remain on the ground? I mean how much time it need to disappear before someone notice it?

Poppaea
06-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi guys I just got a question about justice system, when you murder or steal how long the evidence (Blood and foot steps) remain on the ground? I mean how much time it need to disappear before someone notice it?

I believe it is 24hours.

Hassasin
06-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Yes you can glide into Prison with any Glider above Ultimate ive done it several times my objective at the start was to land on the tower cause you get nui coins for landing on high places. missed the tower couple times but did finally land on it, the strange thing about landing in the prison is no one seems to notice you. Oh almost forgot you have to use recall to get out of there..