PDA

View Full Version : GM help us please out of this misery - account hacked

Lomaxator
10-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Hello, we are waiting for help from Hacked Account Team.... My friend logged his incident 20 days ago and no response... I am worried if I have to wait month for the solution because if it yes I would rather give up playing archage and bet back to real life or another game... My incident number logged 5 days ago... Please GM's help us escalate our issues. Thanks!! my in. 141022-006017

Haxel0rd
10-27-2014, 08:02 AM
I am no GM, but good with computers and maybe i can give you some tips why this happened:

- weak password (use atleast uppercase, lowercase, special charackters and numbers in a combination that makes no real sense)
- you got tricked into account fishing (by getting linked to a site clone of trion and typing in your password)
- maybe someone social engeneered you into giving him the secret answer to your secret question
- security issue on server (in example: XSS, which is used for cookie stealing) <- not implying there is one ... ;) but it is a possibility
- you used public WLANS which also could reveal your password due to SSL POODLE Vulnerability

Also, for quick reaction choose the live chat - i have good experience with it.

Maybe this helps you for the future, good luck on your account.
Greets, Haxel0rd.

Neverlucky
10-27-2014, 09:37 AM
I have also been waiting 20 days for a response from the restoration team. Live chat cannot do anything. I have spoken to 3 different GMs over live chat, they all confirmed my account had been compromised and could see what items were stolen but GMs cannot restore items.

It's been 20 days and I have had ZERO communication from the "restoration team".... is this even a real department? Or is this Trion's equivalent of putting a customer on hold until closing Comcast style?

141008-000616
Updated
10/07/2014