PDA

View Full Version : Any favorite enemy faction fights

Ashrahm
10-27-2014, 10:37 AM
So in good spirits of competition anyone got some guilds you enjoyed having a fight with?

Had some good fights so far but did want to give a shout out to Dragons of Eternal Flame and Meowcenaries.

I myself and some of my guild have enjoyed some of the fights we had with you guys.

Look forward to seeing you in game again ;)

PS Meowcenaries your guild name does make me chuckle

Volucrin
10-27-2014, 10:43 AM
I've personally had some good fights with ADK, Incursion, Meowcenaries, DoEF, and a few with Sinister and have had a few good fights with OT(lets pls not start an OT flame war though, its just extra recruiting for them).

But yeah good fights all ^^

Ashrahm
10-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Yeah hoping it doesn't get derailed as both sides have good and bad peoples just want to give shout outs for good competition

Brandoid
10-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Asian express, bro squad, and a few others visit us in sanddeep just about everyday.

Thanks for keeping it interesting.

Arenthas
10-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Bro Squad, Asian Express, Incursion, Sinister, DOEF, Meowcenaries, ADK, Wandering Tribe.

And yes, i'm going to say it.

OT when in manageable numbers around 10-20

Teroh
10-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Incursion, Sleepers, Meowcenaries.

Cav
10-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I can't let this thread go unnoticed and we need some eastern responses!

So..Thanks for the fun times on Freedich TED and AG.

-Meowcenaries

Codad
10-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Bro Squad, Asian Express, Incursion, Sinister, DOEF, Meowcenaries, ADK, Wandering Tribe.

And yes, i'm going to say it.

OT when in manageable numbers around 10-20

Brosquad officer rep'n the East here. We love fighting TED, Stormrune, and Co(Sorry if I missed any other guild tags) at Sanddeep. We always have fun fights over there.

Colbyn
10-27-2014, 04:03 PM
I never go looking for open world fights, but I think this thread is awesome. Glad to see all kinds of guilds enjoying fighting each other.

I'll see you all in 5s.

Lunaus
10-27-2014, 06:29 PM
IRON seems to have it out for my small guild, mostly camping our single house in Yny with my poor gay friend who just wants to RP an old lady baking with her shutters open for everyone to get a nice whiff! AND THEN THIS HAPPENED!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_gyDxZ_37A

Hauster
10-27-2014, 06:57 PM
I enjoy a good fight against Meocenaries, Incursion, or Sleepers

IRON seems to have it out for my small guild, mostly camping our single house in Yny with my poor gay friend who just wants to RP an old lady baking with her shutters open for everyone to get a nice whiff! AND THEN THIS HAPPENED!!!

Props to your healer.
Can I come visit your place in Ynystere for cookies?

Lunaus
10-27-2014, 07:00 PM
I enjoy a good fight against Meocenaries, Incursion, or Sleepers

Props to your healer.
Can I come visit your place in Ynystere for cookies?

His cooking is actually terrible, but I can show you it. We actually like the fights, makes for a good stream show.

Teabag
10-27-2014, 08:10 PM

IRON should of Shadowstep/aoefear, mark/Overwhelm, Overwhelm/Shadow, Bubble, Focal, bonecage, imprison or basically any form of CC(@1:25 mark) and the driver(No Fear/sleep/Stun/Trip break that i can see) would lose control of the boat due to it being so close to peace which then create two outcomes:
1. Driver owner mark before falling off which then IRON can focus the driver and kill her. Then they have all the time in the world to destroy everyone on the tradeship.
2. Driver dont owner mark the boat which then give the clipper room to gap close to climb over and drive away.
It was a good fight but in the heat of the momment mistakes were made by IRON and you got away safely :)

As for enemy guilds, i enjoy fighting AG randoms in Halcy when they just sneak around the border and i suprise them :)

Drahkain
10-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Brief political break...

Honestly, I love all the fights, Sleepers, Meowcenaries, illuminaughty, Horizon, DPS, ADK, Incursion and when its not zergs I love fighting OT, Sinister. I love PVP and you guys make it interesting. Especially the guys who pay regular visits to Sandeep xD

Now back to Politics...

FITEME IRL I SWARE ON ME MUM M8 ILL REK U.

See you on the beach boys and girls.

Lunaus
10-28-2014, 10:02 AM
YO FITE MI @ STARBUCKS
Just lemme finish using my laptop in public while sipping my crappuccino. And don't pull on my plugs they are VERY expensive and come from Africa - they were crafted by one of the indigenous tribes men while I was staying there to get away from modern society and their trifles.

Drahkain
10-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Yo bro, what you got against trifles?

I love the jelly and custard and biscuity fingers... You on thin ice.

Lunaus
10-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Don't make me get on Tumblr and make a VERY opinionated post about you then send hate mail to MYSELF making it sound like you! I'LL DO IT!!!

Drahkain
10-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Don't make me get on Tumblr and make a VERY opinionated post about you then send hate mail to MYSELF making it sound like you! I'LL DO IT!!!

Carry on, I'm logging into Reddit, bebo, myspace and /b. Watch as I SC everything you say and then copy it to several forums declaring a win.

Inganni
10-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Can we count all three factions? Because some pirates on Growlgate are kick ♥♥♥ at pvp.

Aside from that, TED is always a good fight, IRON (except they refuse to dance back once it turns to peace time :C much sad there), and I think Crimson Sails was the name of a few that gave us a good tussle last night.

Lunaus
10-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Carry on, I'm logging into Reddit, bebo, myspace and /b. Watch as I SC everything you say and then copy it to several forums declaring a win.

That's my trigger!!! STAHP!! I am a forum warrior kin!!

Drahkain
10-28-2014, 11:06 AM
That's my trigger!!! STAHP!! I am a forum warrior kin!!

WIN...

I out forumed you and with the internet cos itz srs bsns.

Lunaus
10-28-2014, 11:14 AM
:'( i go cri nao

PopeUrban
10-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Sinister, largely because they seem to be the only ones who actually understand how to defend a fishing boat from Terror From The Deep tm

OT because they make things interesting. Literally every time you blow up a few OT boats it's a race against the clock to find packs and whatnot before one fleet or another shows up.

Ashrahm
10-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Can we count all three factions? Because some pirates on Growlgate are kick ♥♥♥ at pvp.

Aside from that, TED is always a good fight, IRON (except they refuse to dance back once it turns to peace time :C much sad there), and I think Crimson Sails was the name of a few that gave us a good tussle last night.

Sorry been busy with work but all factions can be included

UsernameIsActuallyOp
10-28-2014, 12:57 PM
I really had some fun when I visited the Romanticorp house in Hellswamp, Yavi is also pretty good and he can speak Harani (until he gets all the buffs in arena ;.;.) It eventually turns into a zerg, but the fun can't last forever :3

Victa
10-28-2014, 01:17 PM
When I was leveling in the west I was always fighting a Romanticorp, I like fighting AG and TED, SCG has brought much tension to my PvP encounters. and fighting Bushi when they tried to green gank me.

Vladimir Zsadist
10-28-2014, 03:37 PM
I always enjoy TED to show up whenever Zsadist comes calling in sandeep.

As for the rest of the West? They're pretty good about not zerging on 15-20 guys running through and they seem to understand skirmishing is fun as hell.

Drahkain
10-28-2014, 05:55 PM
I always enjoy TED to show up whenever Zsadist comes calling in sandeep.

As for the rest of the West? They're pretty good about not zerging on 15-20 guys running through and they seem to understand skirmishing is fun as hell.

Skirmishing or one on one is the IMO the best PvP - If the servers could handle it I'd even say large scale wars could be fun. But the way it plays I like small scale skirmishes.

One thing I hate is AFK killers - I mean lets be honest bumping up hostile kills by killing bots and afk people is a bit of a cheat (Yeah I got afkilled and im qq'ing).

Brandoid
10-28-2014, 10:24 PM
Shout out to <Sleepers> for not de-summoning their cutter when they harassed Sanddeep in retaliation! Much fun. A good TWA run too.

Vladimir Zsadist
10-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Shout out to <Sleepers> for not de-summoning their cutter when they harassed Sanddeep in retaliation! Much fun. A good TWA run too.

We had a lot of fun with that.

Drahkain
10-28-2014, 11:09 PM
We had a lot of fun with that.

Some guilds could take a leaf out of your book.

Kudos

Vladimir Zsadist
10-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Some guilds could take a leaf out of your book.

Kudos
Too many guilds come from theme parks. Buncha tryhard sissy ♥♥♥♥♥es who don't understand tactics unless the Developer outlines it for them.

Varok89
10-29-2014, 01:27 AM
Killed some AG yesterday and stole their packs on freedich. Fun times.

Jiggawut
10-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Too many guilds bring a knife to a gunfight because they are e-thugs, get rekt and then cry on the forum because life isn't fair. VERY entertaining!

:>

Colbyn
10-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Too many guilds come from theme parks. Buncha tryhard sissy ♥♥♥♥♥es who don't understand tactics unless the Developer outlines it for them.

I bolded what is, perhaps, my favorite insult these days. We literally insult people for trying these days, just like we insult people who use proper grammar/"sound smart". What is basically happening is a trend towards "cool people" being those who are both lazy and stupid. The more success you find while being both lazy and stupid, the more coveted you will be for being in the position you are in while being both lazy and stupid.

I've been irritated by "tryhards" in the past in various games, namely DOTA 2. I had to stop myself and think about why I was mad, then I couldn't help but laugh. I personally put more weight into the enjoyment of a "beautiful game", one that is intense, close, and memorable. However, if someone cares about winning so much that they will do everything in their power to win, should I really knock that? Or should I just not play with that person and let them enjoy their method of play with others who share the sentiment?

Either way, I'm surprised the sissy ♥♥♥♥♥es are the ones who are tryhards, when they aren't even employing tactics, apparently. Wouldn't employing tactics be considered trying pretty hard to win?

Drahkain
10-29-2014, 06:06 PM
I bolded what is, perhaps, my favorite insult these days. We literally insult people for trying these days, just like we insult people who use proper grammar/"sound smart". What is basically happening is a trend towards "cool people" being those who are both lazy and stupid. The more success you find while being both lazy and stupid, the more coveted you will be for being in the position you are in while being both lazy and stupid.

I've been irritated by "tryhards" in the past in various games, namely DOTA 2. I had to stop myself and think about why I was mad, then I couldn't help but laugh. I personally put more weight into the enjoyment of a "beautiful game", one that is intense, close, and memorable. However, if someone cares about winning so much that they will do everything in their power to win, should I really knock that? Or should I just not play with that person and let them enjoy their method of play with others who share the sentiment?

Either way, I'm surprised the sissy ♥♥♥♥♥es are the ones who are tryhards, when they aren't even employing tactics, apparently. Wouldn't employing tactics be considered trying pretty hard to win?

Personally "tryhard" is an old trolling expression used to describe witless, uneducated idiots who would "tryhard" to make you look like an idiot while themselves crooning a "forum" win. Not so much in the literal sense of someone trying hard to be good at something.

Vladimir Zsadist
10-29-2014, 07:36 PM

You would think. No using tactics I cannot scoff at. Because that implies an enjoyment of the game and the combat. The absence of tactics and the application of the zerg makes pvp so boring. Woooo. Awesome. you won a fight because you outnumbered them 4 to 1. Wooo. Beat your chest there big boy. Meanwhile. I'll brag about my small skirmishes where TED fights me tooth and nail in sanddeep and I win because I got the better of their commander. Now that's a memory. That is something me and my guys remember for months, maybe even years. One day down the road when we learn each other languages and we are the bittervets of ArcheAge. We'll discuss memories just like that.

I'm all about the experience.

For example. Tonight I attacked some OT on freedrich to motivate them to come to Freed. They didn't come when reds were called. They didn't come when it was I was stealing packs from their allies. But when some OT showed up and I purpled. The zerg showed up and cleared the island of reds so all the Eastern ships can turn in their trade runs.

So. All kudos to OT for saving the day. Due to my meta gaming. I made it happen. :) You're welcome Tahyang East that was at Freedrich tonight.

Vladimir Zsadist
10-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Personally "tryhard" is an old trolling expression used to describe witless, uneducated idiots who would "tryhard" to make you look like an idiot while themselves crooning a "forum" win. Not so much in the literal sense of someone trying hard to be good at something.

I remember those days.

Now it's a bunch of window licking illiterate morons chest beating while screaming "umad bro?" and "u wot m8?" Oh how trolling has fallen. Now you cannot beat people with intelligence. You must troll them with illiterate drivel.

Colbyn
10-29-2014, 08:08 PM
You would think. No using tactics I cannot scoff at. Because that implies an enjoyment of the game and the combat. The absence of tactics and the application of the zerg makes pvp so boring. Woooo. Awesome. you won a fight because you outnumbered them 4 to 1. Wooo. Beat your chest there big boy. Meanwhile. I'll brag about my small skirmishes where TED fights me tooth and nail in sanddeep and I win because I got the better of their commander. Now that's a memory. That is something me and my guys remember for months, maybe even years. One day down the road when we learn each other languages and we are the bittervets of ArcheAge. We'll discuss memories just like that.

I'm all about the experience.

For example. Tonight I attacked some OT on freedrich to motivate them to come to Freed. They didn't come when reds were called. They didn't come when it was I was stealing packs from their allies. But when some OT showed up and I purpled. The zerg showed up and cleared the island of reds so all the Eastern ships can turn in their trade runs.

So. All kudos to OT for saving the day. Due to my meta gaming. I made it happen. :) You're welcome Tahyang East that was at Freedrich tonight.

So in short, they aren't actually trying very hard. They are just zerging.

And I didn't question whether or not employing tactics was something to scoff at. I was just pointing out that running away at even numbers and only coming back with 4:1 odds isn't trying very hard, but they are "tryhards". Meanwhile, doing your best to overcome another commander and legitimately trying hard to win isn't actually being a "tryhard", it's making memories. We should call them "don'ttrys" or "runhards".

It's awesome that you have good fights with TED, speaking in the spirit of the thread. Hopefully that continues/more join the fun fights. In the meantime, I wonder if you truly enjoy trolling the "window licking illiterate morons" with "illiterate drivel". If so, I never personally enjoyed high-fiving friends for beating a 5 year old in basketball. If not, just ignore those terrible trolls and they'll starve on lack of attention.

Varok89
10-29-2014, 08:33 PM

You dieing is meta gaming? Only reason OT didn't show up earlier was because we were finishing up with a tree farm, thanks west for the TS btw, and the 500 honor I just got on freedich.

Vladimir Zsadist
10-29-2014, 08:34 PM
So in short, they aren't actually trying very hard. They are just zerging.

And I didn't question whether or not employing tactics was something to scoff at. I was just pointing out that running away at even numbers and only coming back with 4:1 odds isn't trying very hard, but they are "tryhards". Meanwhile, doing your best to overcome another commander and legitimately trying hard to win isn't actually being a "tryhard", it's making memories. We should call them "don'ttrys" or "runhards".

It's awesome that you have good fights with TED, speaking in the spirit of the thread. Hopefully that continues/more join the fun fights. In the meantime, I wonder if you truly enjoy trolling the "window licking illiterate morons" with "illiterate drivel". If so, I never personally enjoyed high-fiving friends for beating a 5 year old in basketball. If not, just ignore those terrible trolls and they'll starve on lack of attention.

Lol. "Don'ttrys" and "runhards" i like it.

Lunaus
10-29-2014, 09:04 PM
You dieing is meta gaming? Only reason OT didn't show up earlier was because we were finishing up with a tree farm, thanks west for the TS btw, and the 500 honor I just got on freedich.

I heard you guys lost 18 thunderstrucks though in your secret farm though. 0:

Drahkain
10-30-2014, 12:49 AM
I remember those days.

Now it's a bunch of window licking illiterate morons chest beating while screaming "umad bro?" and "u wot m8?" Oh how trolling has fallen. Now you cannot beat people with intelligence. You must troll them with illiterate drivel.

There are still places deep in the internet were legitimate trolling works. The type of place were you take time to edge a conversation to the point of war, with a few amicably placed friendly comments so that no one knows why they are arguing or why they are even upset. But these are so far and few between it's as simple as stating "Free Ian Huntley" and you have 500 people "foaming" and sending personal death threats.

I miss the intelligence of society before memes became the way to reply to everything. I miss the days trolling was a hobby and not a title egotistical kids give themselves when they think threatening to ♥♥♥♥ someones mum is a massive trolling win. I miss the fact that you could screenshot a forum literally bursting at the seems with arguments and not once is there a post that read "Get rekt".

But most of all I hate myself for falling to the point where I will lower myself to calling someone a failtroll, Newfag or any other troll related insult.

That being said...

This thread gave me aids, I'll rek u all i sware on me mum. Uwot m8 ill rek u first etc etc.

Vladimir Zsadist
10-30-2014, 01:03 AM
I'd like to add The Brotherhood to my list of good fights. After this evening they've participated in making my evening PvP roams with Sleepers or East Arisea at my side interesting and fun.

Brandoid
11-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Great fighting Critical moment at freedich this evening.

The final battle on the sea was especially good with an exciting ending befitting the earlier pvp. You guys put up a hell of a fight against two manned and one under manned cutter alone.

Zojak
11-03-2014, 10:31 PM

The final battle on the sea was especially good with an exciting ending befitting the earlier pvp. You guys put up a hell of a fight against two manned and one under manned cutter alone.

Thanks! It was definitely one hell of a battle out there tonight! Definitely my favorite naval pvp night so far!

Smashie
11-03-2014, 10:35 PM
That naval fight was what Archeage is all about. great fight to all involved.

Fracr
11-03-2014, 10:36 PM

Yes It was a VERY FUN Naval Battle!! 3 Vs 1 Plus you guys also had like 5 or 6 clippers. We ALL enjoyed ourselves as much and had an awesome time in battle. Was like a 20-30 minute Naval Battle that we look forward to having again :):cool:

terrell
11-03-2014, 10:36 PM
it was a veeeery long battle at that and super intense, we should do it once a week :P

Scrivean
11-03-2014, 10:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX6csw2nCng&list=PLbND22z5ftVMaGmUTOm1u3GT8K80Px_dy&index=1

Had a great time, thank you to Fist Through Screen, Emperian Divide, Inquisition, From the Ashes, Alpha and Omega!

Aqui
11-03-2014, 10:50 PM
I think I can speak for both Alpha Omega and Fist Through Screens. Critical Moment you might have saved a lot of us from quitting this game because of what the patch is going to bring tomorrow. The Freedich Island PvP was amazing. The Naval battle before Freedich was amazing. The Epic Naval conclusion at the end was amazing. We recorded it all and I am already looking forward to watching it again. I however was the person in charge of carting all your trade packs you gave us back to the West. I hope you guys enjoy yours 100 free charcoal!

Aqui - Officer of Alpha Omega

Scrivean
11-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Was a Blast, but not our packs, we turned in 79 of 80. Looking forward to seeing you all out there again!

Fracr
11-03-2014, 11:40 PM
WE WILL RETURN it was a Blast Aqui look forward to more naval battles Also we only lost 1 pack of ours you got someone else's packs :)

sadpriest
11-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Honestly, I have had a chance to pick a rival.

It feels like alot of the pvp combat we do is pointless and is completely based on suprise attacks.

Nomi
11-04-2014, 09:36 AM
I would have to give a nod to Undead Legion, Incursion, and Sinister on the East. There are other good guilds, but these three have had some interesting battles with the members of TCO.

Tordivoire
11-06-2014, 01:20 PM
IRON took a sight-seeing tour of Auroria last night. We had two gudfites, winning one and losing one. Then we had a badfite that we also lost but it was pretty funny. xD

Thank you, Somali Coast Guard and Meowcenaries for bringing an appropriate amount of noise.