PDA

View Full Version : For experienced Auroria players - should I take the 4th off?

Bubbas
10-27-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm interested in grabbing as much land as possible for Auroria. I obviously will not grab the land that inside the castle, but all land that's available outside it's reach.

Do any of you guys know how likely we will be able to see land available on an average competitive server (i.e. no one-sided fights)?

Is it going to take 1 day? 2? I don't want to take a day off on the 4th if nothing will be available on that day.

Chryos
10-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Take the day off if you can, I'm sure land will be taken within hours. Hopefully they have live GMs standing by to keep the botters away so us honest players can grab land for our guildies who did not get a chance for land.

SourJuice
10-27-2014, 09:29 PM
It's war area land.. i don't think you can even get anything unless a guild claims a castle...

Toy Fuzion
10-27-2014, 11:07 PM
A guild has a bit of work before they can claim a castle, and land can't be claimed until the guilds get their claims in.

Splat
10-27-2014, 11:26 PM
its still going to be a pvp cluster ♥♥♥♥ in the mines and getting to the island

thats always fun

sadly im going to miss it :c

and with OBS no longer working with my PC i cant even record it nay more

4jacks
10-28-2014, 04:58 AM
I have the same question. I think it breaks down to two parts
1) What time will the Auroria Update roll out? And how much Downtime/server Maintenance is needed?
On the east coast I took off for Pre-launch, which was suppose to be 1pm Launch Time... but really I didn't need to take the day off, Couldn't play until 5pm anyway. (Different Issues I know)
2) How long will it take OT to do what they have to do in order to throw up a Castle?
Once a Castle is up, anyone can and will claim land. Being a westerner, I know it will be harder to get land under the OT banner, and less attractive to keep it, but its worth a shot and good times will be had by all.

So, do I need to bother starting at 8am EST? Will the patch roll out by 1pm? Will the Castle be around by 5pm?

Sorphius
10-28-2014, 05:57 AM
So, do I need to bother starting at 8am EST? Will the patch roll out by 1pm? Will the Castle be around by 5pm?

Trion seems to do everything on a PST schedule. If past maintenance is any indication, they'll bring the servers down at 8am PST for a "brief" update, have trouble getting them back up, go through a few reboot cycles, and finally let us back in around 2pm PST.

So long story short, probably not. It may be worth it to consider taking the afternoon, but based on past experience the servers probably won't come online until around 1pm EST at the earliest, and that's PROVIDED they don't run into any gremlins during the patching/update process.

Personally, I'm taking 11/5 (Wednesday) off and operating under the ASSumption that I won't miss much of Tuesday's action by getting home at my normal time (~3:30pm EST)

Mannis
10-28-2014, 05:58 AM
yesssssssssssss

4jacks
10-28-2014, 06:54 AM
Trion seems to do everything on a PST schedule. If past maintenance is any indication, they'll bring the servers down at 8am PST for a "brief" update, have trouble getting them back up, go through a few reboot cycles, and finally let us back in around 2pm PST.

So long story short, probably not. It may be worth it to consider taking the afternoon, but based on past experience the servers probably won't come online until around 1pm EST at the earliest, and that's PROVIDED they don't run into any gremlins during the patching/update process.

Personally, I'm taking 11/5 (Wednesday) off and operating under the ASSumption that I won't miss much of Tuesday's action by getting home at my normal time (~3:30pm EST)

Yeah, that sounds like a solid plan. Maybe I'll cut out of work two hours early to get home by 3pm. I'm already taking Friday off (Day trip w/ the Wife) so I think I'll avoid taking Wednesday off. oh well!

Yuari
10-28-2014, 09:44 AM
A guild has a bit of work before they can claim a castle, and land can't be claimed until the guilds get their claims in.

Also remember that the guild sets your taxes and can destroy your land.

Mannis
10-28-2014, 10:00 AM
as far as I know they can only destroy stuff within castle bounds, and tax rate is no more than 30%

4jacks
10-28-2014, 10:01 AM
as far as I know they can only destroy stuff within castle bounds, and tax rate is no more than 30%

^ This

10 chars

Yuari
10-28-2014, 10:02 AM
all the OT Haters gonna place farms on their borders.

Just to spite them.

Weebles
10-28-2014, 10:27 AM
all the OT Haters gonna place farms on their borders.

Just to spite them.

http://images.rapgenius.com/8cc8219efb68dcaab51a90815389a207.480x480x1.jpg