PDA

View Full Version : <Defenseless Old Ladies> GP SYSTEM GUIDE

Samsta
10-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey guys!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Samsta the guild leader of DOL. You might know me by my more commonly known aliases such as:
"♥♥♥♥♥"
"Coward who hinds behind his guild in Rookborn"
"Liar and Terrible Guild Leader"
"Troll"

Traditionally, guilds all just listen to the Guild Master, sure some are democratic and "vote" on what they want to do. But I have yet to see a guild successfully have a system that essentially runs itself. With this system that we have made (which by no means is perfect), we hopefully are on the right track towards a fully autonomous guild which would be a dream come true for me.

With that being said, today I am here to discuss my guilds "Guild Point" System, or GP for short. This is an original idea that I came up with (yet another server first), and the point of this post is to share with you all what we do in my guild since I think the more guilds that run a system like this, the better off their guild can be. This system is used to REWARD members of the guild who actively come out and participate in guild events/trade runs. We all know Gilda is hard to come by, but it is in my opinion that Bob the guild member, should still get an item if he does equally as many runs as me, the guild leader.

Long story short, when I made DOL, I wanted a guild that would
1. Make an absurd amount of money
2. Run itself

My solution to these problems? The GP System.

If you've ever played other MMO's you most likely know what DKP is so you'll easily figure out the GP system. This is more or less an edited version built off of the structure that DKP set up, then applied to ArcheAge.

So how does it work?

What we do is we have myself, the Guild leader, OR my officers make an announcement in guild saying "We will be doing a GP run to Freedich/wherever".

Anyone who attends said GP run, gets 1 GP for coming along and DROPPING a pack for whoever the run is for.

My officers or myself will then mark down on a shared Google Doc that only myself and the officers have permission to edit, +1 GP to the member who dropped the pack for us.

Whenever a member reaches a cap that we set for GP, that member is then moved into "the queue". When in the queue, ALL subsequent GP runs will be for that person. Whoever is at the top of the queue, gets their item, be it a Galleon, Merchant ship, fishing ship, or even mansion.

For example, Lets say Bob the guild member loves to come out to trade runs with the guild. Bob does as he's told for 10 trade runs. And bam, he finally has 10 GP, the amount required for a Galleon. He would then message the Guild Leader or an Officer saying he would like to redeem is acquired GP for a galleon. The officers would then go and RESET HIS GP TO 0, and put his name in Queue. From then on, the ENTIRE GUILD would go out on GP runs, to help Bob get his galleon, which most likely would take 1 day.

So the biggest thing Officers/Guild Leader has to do is KEEP TRACK OF ALL MEMBERS GP. This is the hardest part of the whole process, but even in itself it's not that bad if you have eyes.

If you're kinda confused, check out my guilds GP Sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LmTONQ-89ySvCHdJJZ4_kmmlJTZRkNQntN289hOZWs0/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see, we have a Queue list, and we keep track of all members that have GP. Ignore the politcs stuff haha.

A big thing in order to have this type of "Guild System" work, is you need to have good officers, who like to lead raids. If the guild leader is the only one who sets up "GP Runs", there isn't really a point in switching to this system. In my guild I have 9 officers in multiple timezones who constantly just do these runs. Every 3~ hours we have GP run going on at any time giving our members multiple times a day to acquire GP and get what item they want.

TL;DR
1. Have an officer make GP run
2. Mark down who drops packs
3. When members reaches 10 GP or whatever GP amount, give them something they want.

***This guide is being updated over time. This is just a rough draft, feel free to check back over time.

Mindfreak
10-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Hey a friendly heads up your vent info and password is on that spread sheet.

Awesome sread sheet.

Nodoze
10-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Creative loyalty reward program.

feckyou
10-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Pretty damn simple, looks like a good system for large guilds.

MFGrady
10-28-2014, 05:53 PM
You left your creds on your dox

That's a 50 GP minus

Samsta
10-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Hey all, thanks to all the people who messaged me in game to let me know I left all that stuff in the google doc. And yeah its totally fine, we left it all on there, no one has access except my officers so its all good.

It's no secret who we work with and what we do. We're not a "secret" club. But still thanks for all messages and heads up guys! :)

Be sure to tell your guild leaders/friends about the system everyone! ;)

TalosLC
10-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Thats a really good system. Nice idea.

minusthedrifter
10-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Very nice system, that whole spreadsheet, in fact, is very attractive. Well organized, good work with it :)

TalonEzi
10-29-2014, 11:04 AM
Or you can recruit members who want to work together and don't scoff at the idea of being part of a community. #SuperSimpleStuff

Fadin
10-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Oh I though being in a guild was to get the officers everything "they" want :p

Very cool Idea, how long has this been running for?

Samsta
10-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Oh I though being in a guild was to get the officers everything "they" want :p

Very cool Idea, how long has this been running for?

We've been using the system for around 2 weeks now. We've gained around 150~ members in the time that we've been using the system and most if not all love what we're doing. Hence why I'm showing all of you this as well. If you have any suggestions please don't hesitate to let me know in this thread or in game! :)

minusthedrifter
10-29-2014, 04:16 PM
When someone redeems their GP is it their responsibility to provide the materials for 100% of all the turned in packs? Or is pack creation also a guild effort?

Say Bob is both broke and landless but has earned enough GP for his galleon; because he has no money and no land he's not exactly in a position to provide all of the packs that are required to actually achieve his galleon. Does the guild, when someone redeems GP, also pitch in this way as well knowing that when it's their turn to redeem their GP pack making assistance will be provided if they need it. Is extra GP perhaps awarded for pack creation assistance?

Samsta
10-29-2014, 05:32 PM
When someone redeems their GP is it their responsibility to provide the materials for 100% of all the turned in packs? Or is pack creation also a guild effort?

Say Bob is both broke and landless but has earned enough GP for his galleon; because he has no money and no land he's not exactly in a position to provide all of the packs that are required to actually achieve his galleon. Does the guild, when someone redeems GP, also pitch in this way as well knowing that when it's their turn to redeem their GP pack making assistance will be provided if they need it. Is extra GP perhaps awarded for pack creation assistance?

Ah that is a very good question. Currently in my guild we let the person who is getting the item make the pack. Generally the members of my guild have a fair amount of money because of what we do as a merchant guild, but I can understand if you were to use this system in say a PVP guild, it might not be exactly feasible for Bob the member.

I guess to that extent you may have to alter the system to where maybe all the guild members make packs for Bob to hand in? Or even just an officer or guild leader could make it.

It's totally up to you and what the guild would like to do at that point :)

But I do however definitely suggest that the person getting the item make the pack. That 1 extra gilda star you get for a turn in at freedich makes a huge difference in my personal experience.

CalireEzi
10-30-2014, 12:01 AM
i feel like this system makes things so much easier, just wait you're turn, then get your gilda in a few runs instead of those infamous YOLO freedich runs witch take a lot of time, and drain your soul, i just switched back to east, but i farmed a Galleon by myself on my west toon that is now stripped down and sold everything to use as start up for my east toon lol, and that took me probably 10+ hours a day of running packs to freedich for a few days, witch i refuse to ever do again, i'll hope to find a spot in you're guild someday, or one that uses a system like this, id rather not sell my soul to AA for 10 Hours a day for 250 gilda =D

Robtje
10-30-2014, 04:20 AM
Wow, nice spreadsheet you got going on there. Well done, keep up that nice organised work

Szi
10-30-2014, 07:46 AM
You know... as a firm believer that you're an ♥♥♥♥♥♥, I'll admit this looks like a pretty good system and I'm rather impressed. Good job.

Even the spreadsheet looks like it had quite a bit of work put into it.

Kokopelli
10-30-2014, 07:54 AM
You know... as a firm believer that you're an ♥♥♥♥♥♥, I'll admit this looks like a pretty good system and I'm rather impressed. Good job.

Even the spreadsheet looks like it had quite a bit of work put into it.

Agreed. Thumbs up Samsta and thanks for sharing. This is good stuff (though lol that you're wearing the titles that haters have given you proudly, kudos).

Marika Tachibana
10-30-2014, 11:18 AM
We were doing feed runs to freedich too but we didn't had this sort of system.. Thanks for sharing Samsta!

Samsta
10-30-2014, 01:49 PM
We were doing feed runs to freedich too but we didn't had this sort of system.. Thanks for sharing Samsta!

Thank you for viewing Tachibana! See you on our next trade run ;]

Samsta
11-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Keeping this bumped up.

Szi
11-03-2014, 09:12 AM
beep boop bump