PDA

View Full Version : Tainek, why?

ApocaRUFF
10-28-2014, 11:59 PM
What made you think that taking your fishing boat full of trade packs to Freedich by yourself was anything close to a good idea? Or were there others in AG there that just weren't able to get to your ship? It's confusing. I'm honestly interested in what caused that to happen.

sparkledick
10-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Similar thing happened Sunday night I think, clipper with about six reds showed up, all with packs on backs, they despawned the boat, dropped packs in the shallow water after seeing about 10 of us on the beach, and recalled.

My guess is they just want the 1 gilda they get for crafting. Or they were tribute to us.

4jacks
10-29-2014, 09:12 AM
If you are a Western Player in a small guild and you want Gilda you have two choices:
1) Bring packs to the west, fight to make it to the Gilda trader and turn it in for 1 Gilda..... ONE Gilda ... Dead = ZERO Gilda, you can count that on no hands.
2) Bring packs to Freedich Island, fight to make it to the center for 4-6 Gilda...... Dead = One Gilda

Please check your "East Privilege"

*Edit - This is a general comment, I have no idea why the member of AG didn't group up.

Lunaus
10-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Actually you can just make packs on the West and take them to Ynystere for 2gilda during Peace time like a knowledgeable player, or one.. that researches at least. :P
Or just run packs that garner the most gold and buy the design itself if you can't get to Ynystere during peace.

Plagen
10-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Is this one of those epeen stroking threads?

Inganni
10-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Ynystere during peace.

Skrillex FPS that is

Lunaus
10-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Skrillex FPS that is

I always see Reds going to Yny in large quantities, they might as well sail (and lag) together if they can't get ahold of Freedich long enough. Things seemed to have been dying down since the first couple of "tied" wars, it right back to the West not caring enough to try.

4jacks
10-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Actually you can just make packs on the West and take them to Ynystere for 2gilda during Peace time like a knowledgeable player, or one.. that researches at least. :P
Or just run packs that garner the most gold and buy the design itself if you can't get to Ynystere during peace.

Oh.. You got me... Add #3 the list. I don't know all the break downs but don't some Packs still only get 1 Gild at Ynystere? I know Sanddeep packs get 2. But Still.... 2 Gilda? Might as well take your chances running to Freedich. You still have to cross the ocean, and the port at Ynystere during peace is a hot mess.

Looking at the post time of this thread, I suspect the AG guy was hoping he could sneak a Merchant ship into Freedich at 2am on a weekday. Guess it didn't work out.

Teabag
10-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Why don't you just run gold packs and buy the design? it's like 1k5-6 for 250 Gstars lately I think.
If you are having such a hard time getting gstars

Lunaus
10-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Oh.. You got me... Add #3 the list. I don't know all the break downs but don't some Packs still only get 1 Gild at Ynystere? I know Sanddeep packs get 2. But Still.... 2 Gilda? Might as well take your chances running to Freedich. You still have to cross the ocean, and the port at Ynystere during peace is a hot mess.

Looking at the post time of this thread, I suspect the AG guy was hoping he could sneak a Merchant ship into Freedich at 2am on a weekday. Guess it didn't work out.

It's 2 no matter what pack you take (even the fellowship as far as I know), so long as the percentage doesn't take a nose dive. And if you can't make it to Ynystere you can go from Ynystere to Cinderstone (I see a lot of AG/ED do this during Peace). And there's no point in risking a run to Freedich if you're going it alone even with a raid of people depending on their levels, gear, weapons, and skill/ping you can still get wiped.

So, like I said Ynystere/Cinder for 2gilda per or save money from the most expensive packs and buy it.

4jacks
10-29-2014, 10:53 AM
So, like I said Ynystere/Cinder for 2gilda per or save money from the most expensive packs and buy it.

M'eh... I politely disagree. I see your logic, but there is still risking getting ganked at sea, and when you win at Freedich the payoff is big. I don't even disagree with the AG guy the OP talked about. He potentially got 21 gilda for a boat ride (pretty safe at 2am) But the chances of unloading 21 packs to the center of Freedich = slim to none. I think he went there hoping to turn in one or two and planning on dumping the rest.

Everyone should be saving gold AND gilda, it's not an either/or situation. There is nothing wrong with trying to supplement your gilda w/ some Ninja Merchant tactics.

Kazuki
10-29-2014, 12:19 PM
I dunno, I saw the west run pretty deep yesterday, like 4 guilds(or more, I was to busy dying like a scrub to take much notice) showed up and just rolled over Freedich like it wasn't anything special(the only two I remember specifically was Phoenix fire or something like that and SCG) so I don't really think you "have" to take this risk. There are obviously guilds/groups/alliances that are powerful enough to roll freedich and as long as you follow them(even if your not a part of the group) you should be able to turn in. That is what small group/guilds on the east do all the time, we follow bigger guilds and hope they are to busy killing reds to kill us.

Fantasm
10-29-2014, 01:14 PM
As a heads up:

BELOW 80%, ALL packs turned in for gilda (exluding at freedich) are ONE gilda.

BELOW 80% ON FREEDICH, packs are worth 2.

In both cases, the crafter gets 0.

Unless you are part of the AG/TED alliance, or really lucky, or play really odd hours, its very difficult to hit freedich successfully. Not saying its impossible, but west controls freedich for only a few minutes a day.

That being said, I totally agree with the "run packs for gold, buy plan" sentiment. Even so, you can get 18 gilda a day from dailies. 1 (ground stuff), 1 (elk), 1 (horse), 1 (vases), 1 (gunpowder), 1 (purified archeum pack x2 to trebuchet in cinder), 3 x 4 for the mentor's (PC, SM, HF, BC), and once per week you can do the cinderstone quartermaster gilda quest for 1. This is not including the level 50 2star elite kill daily quest from quartermaster in cinderstone.

~fierin

ApocaRUFF
10-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Is this one of those epeen stroking threads?

No, I don't intend it for that. I had very little to do with his losing the boat and its destruction. It just doesn't make any sense to me and I'm trying to figure it out. Some of the comments made on the thread have helped clear it up, but I'm still a bit confused about it. As far as I know, AG is one of the few red guilds that is large enough to "control" Freedich, so I would have thought more would have come with Tainek on his run.

As far as I can tell, he was alone and was killed by Meowcenaries and they then blew up his fishing boat (which has packs in all three slots and he had a pack on his back).

I'm honestly wondering why he would do that, as I personally don't think the risk is worth the reward in that case. Usually, especially if you're part of a bigger guild like AG, you would bring a guildmate or two at a minimum. The probability for your ship being taken, even if only one red shows up, is to high for the risk to be worth.

Dekken
10-29-2014, 07:42 PM
As a heads up:

BELOW 80%, ALL packs turned in for gilda (exluding at freedich) are ONE gilda.

BELOW 80% ON FREEDICH, packs are worth 2.

In both cases, the crafter gets 0.

Unless you are part of the AG/TED alliance, or really lucky, or play really odd hours, its very difficult to hit freedich successfully. Not saying its impossible, but west controls freedich for only a few minutes a day.

That being said, I totally agree with the "run packs for gold, buy plan" sentiment. Even so, you can get 18 gilda a day from dailies. 1 (ground stuff), 1 (elk), 1 (horse), 1 (vases), 1 (gunpowder), 1 (purified archeum pack x2 to trebuchet in cinder), 3 x 4 for the mentor's (PC, SM, HF, BC), and once per week you can do the cinderstone quartermaster gilda quest for 1. This is not including the level 50 2star elite kill daily quest from quartermaster in cinderstone.

~fierin

Plus 3 from farmers workstation if you have it.

Xehara
10-29-2014, 09:02 PM

I hear the LAG Zerg is all over Ynystere in peace time and it's worse than any other zerg on the server.