PDA

View Full Version : Crash after server selection screen

Yancko
10-30-2014, 07:26 AM
If anyone had this problem, and managed to solve it, please share.
Thank you!

Yancko
10-30-2014, 12:21 PM
So, no solution for this?

I send ticket. How long for response?

jello
10-30-2014, 12:35 PM
2weeks+ hf

meanpanda
10-30-2014, 01:02 PM
If anyone had this problem, and managed to solve it, please share.
Thank you!

Im having this issue as well. If you get it fixed please share what you did!

meanpanda
10-30-2014, 01:39 PM
for some reason when i restart my computer and log in as fast as possible it lets me get in. I don't know if that tips anyone off to what the problem might be.

Yancko
11-02-2014, 01:30 AM
So at first there was problem with crash at server selection screen. Then I installed fresh copy of windows (Windows 7 ultimate x64) and also reinstalled the game. After clicking PLAY, I got message that d3dx9_42.dll is missing and game wont start. So I downloaded that file manually and copy/paste that file in game dir. Now I got game start and even past server selection screen, choose character screen (with some glitches on character there was only head, cape and sword visible) and even get in game also just with head, cape and sword. In game, I can see only trees, water, parts of human body, street light... no ground, no sky... there is like 30% of textures visible. Then its crash after few seconds\minutes.
I got response from ticket, after like 2 days. The ticket was about crash after server selection screen.
Now to wait for this solution. If anyone have some tips, please share.
Thank you!

Fasti
11-02-2014, 01:37 AM
So at first there was problem with crash at server selection screen. Then I installed fresh copy of windows (Windows 7 ultimate x64) and also reinstalled the game. After clicking PLAY, I got message that d3dx9_42.dll is missing and game wont start. So I downloaded that file manually and copy/paste that file in game dir. Now I got game start and even past server selection screen, choose character screen (with some glitches on character there was only head, cape and sword visible) and even get in game also just with head, cape and sword. In game, I can see only trees, water, parts of human body, street light... no ground, no sky... there is like 30% of textures visible. Then its crash after few seconds\minutes.
I got response from ticket, after like 2 days. The ticket was about crash after server selection screen.
Now to wait for this solution. If anyone have some tips, please share.
Thank you!

There could be a couple things going on here, so bear with me. First up is the new Windows 7 installation. Windows 7 doesn't come with the dll files associated with DirectX 9. If you set ArcheAge to run in DX9 mode, this will cause errors with graphics if those files aren't available. Go ahead and close out the game and make sure to install DirectX 9 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35) onto your PC (not just that individual dll file).

Once those files are installed on your PC, check for a graphics driver update (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1147) as well.

Finally, take a look at this article for general ArcheAge graphics issues (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1736) to see if those steps help.

I appreciate your patience!

Yancko
11-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Well it helps, second reinstall of directX 9. It works now just fine. So what i did:
Reinstall windows, reinstall game, copy d3dx9_42.dll in Archeage installation directory, install directX 9, install newest driver for graphic card, restart computer, reinstall directX 9.
Oh, and i dont know if it matters, raise paging file on system partition and on partition where is Archeage installed (D: in my case) - initial size 9000 MB , max size 12000 MB.
Hope this will help someone.
Cheers!