PDA

View Full Version : Is it all PvP?

Kariri
04-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Hi ArcheAge forum!
I'm longing for this game so bad, just like so many others. I have this question though: is the game completely PvP? Heard something about safezones and I get that, but are there no PvE servers? Not that PvP-only would make me NOT want to play this game, I will learn! But my question remains :o

See you all in open beta!

Vilemouse
04-02-2014, 09:32 AM
No theres alot of other things.. Farming, Crafting, Gathering, Fishing, etc etc there is also 5 man dungeons and 10 man raids with also 50 man open worlds raids

Mustafonte
04-02-2014, 09:57 AM
No theres alot of other things.. Farming, Crafting, Gathering, Fishing, etc etc there is also 5 man dungeons and 10 man raids with also 50 man open worlds raids

and so much pvp :D

AeonAuron
04-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Pretty much like what Vilemouse said but the game is mainly PvP based.

ButteredToast
04-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Every server is the same and has PvP zones and safe zones, level 1-30 zones are safe and 30+ zones are PvP zones but can go into peace time for an hour or so every now and then.
The Ocean is always in PvP and in the enemy continent anyone from there can PvP you if you step into it.

AeonAuron
04-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Also Scapes already confirmed that we are not going to have different server types like PvE - PvP - RP - Hardcore etc.

KeksX
04-02-2014, 10:21 AM
You CAN avoid PvP, but you will miss out on a lot of things if you do. It's definitel not ALL PvP, but a big part is.

Marin
04-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Well, you can go "pve" and never even leave your house and garden, gather flowers and milk cows on your farm and still get max lvl by doing this, maybe not so fast, but you will. You can totally skip doing any trade with NPC (bring in packs behind your back, fight or w/e), but still gather full battle ship alone simply by buying recipe from others. What you do is totally up to you. I cannot say that this game is turned to any side pvp or pve. Actually good family just like good clan will need many "pve" people, who will seat on farms and gather materials, while other family guys going out and fight. As we experience it on Russian servers good family must have one or two people responsible for whole family`s farm, works best this way. You can also completely skip any farm or housing part and go completely into killing mobs, lvl up every possible tree or skills and stay lonely walker like this, unlike many thought this game not only made for zerg clans, Myself I am one of this lonely walkers and so far I did everything by myself, made few ships, build few houses and farms, stole few ships, participated on some funny ffa pvp`s ect. But most fun I have from building houses and making whole village around it, decorate it nicely, and ect. I guess best role for me would be exactly farmer :)

Answer is: Yes, you can be PVE and you do not really miss the game, or big part of it, game itself will set you into role the way you will be useful to your family and clan, no matter what you do, and I like it.

Kariri
04-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Aha, thanks all of you for your response!
Marin, I learn't a lot from your answer so thank you! Really helpful :)

I will go PvP for sure if that gives me the "bigger picture". It will be a first time for me so it's both fun and scary. The only thing I am concerned about is that there will be high leveled folk waiting for newies like me to come by and then chopp us down. Hoping the community is more mature than so but that may be naive. Also, if I get land and house, can someone then take it from me while I am offline? Just by walking by and thinking "HAH! That house looks cosy... *rages on my door* ...NO MORE!!". Cause that would suck, I guess.

Voom
04-02-2014, 12:32 PM
I think part of the problem is the pre-conceived notion of "PVP" we have here in the west. Not eveyone is used to the open-world, sandbox style PVP that ArcheAge contains. So when we talk about PVP in ArcheAge, we aren't talking about WOW-style battlegrounds or Arenas.

Instead, the PVP itself is sort of a "raid" experience, except instead of fighting AI you are fighting other players.

Bremsen
04-02-2014, 05:34 PM
For those who played this game, is ganking a problem? I know all the hardcore pvpers love ganking but majority of players will be casuals who hate this sort of thing. *cough Aion cough*

ButteredToast
04-02-2014, 05:44 PM
For those who played this game, is ganking a problem? I know all the hardcore pvpers love ganking but majority of players will be casuals who hate this sort of thing. *cough Aion cough*

If you are in a area where it is possible to PvP then yes, People will gank almost all the time.
If you see someone with a red name then most likely they are going to try and kill you.

Bremsen
04-02-2014, 05:50 PM
If you are in a area where it is possible to PvP then yes, People will gank almost all the time.
If you see someone with a red name then most likely they are going to try and kill you.

Is there a reward system for killing as many people as possible or people just do it for fun? For example, Tera has open-world pvp but theres no reward or penalty..

ButteredToast
04-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Is there a reward system for killing as many people as possible or people just do it for fun? For example, Tera has open-world pvp but theres no reward or penalty..

If you kill people with red names you gain a little bit of Honor Points which you can use to buy special items at a Honor vendor, but otherwise killing people is mainly for fun but you leave behind bloodstains if you attack an innocent which others can report, and if someone reports it you gain Criminal Points which if they accumulate to 50 you become a "Criminal" in which if you get killed by another player you get sent to a cage where you choose if you want to go to court or jail for a set amount of time depending how many Criminal Points you have.

Kariri
04-03-2014, 03:27 AM
And how about the lots and houses, will people be able to take them from me ( or just destroy everything ) even if I am offline and defensless? Do I need to join a faction or guild to be able to household in some sort of peace?

ButteredToast
04-03-2014, 04:30 AM
And how about the lots and houses, will people be able to take them from me ( or just destroy everything ) even if I am offline and defensless? Do I need to join a faction or guild to be able to household in some sort of peace?

In your continent houses cannot be destroyed unless you fail to pay your taxes within the time limit which then people can destroy your house.

Kariri
04-04-2014, 01:13 AM
Ah, those are good news for me. I disapprove of meaningless destruction of things people have put bood and tears in creating. Now my soul can rest in peace ^^ Thanks ButteredToast! Much appreciated :3

shadole
04-09-2014, 08:41 AM
there are safe zones, kind of works like how world of warcraft. if you are on your land, they cant attack you, unless you attack them first. there are war bound places on both island's where it is free for all, and i mean free for all. even people from your own faction can kill you.