PDA

View Full Version : Now that ArcheAge RU is fully non English, ESO is looking better by the minute.

Shemploo
04-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I must say, even the Google translated version of RU client was really fun to play, despite the latency being high...

This game is truly fun, and i found myself loving it the more I played, can't honestly say that for any other recent MMO out there.

Now that the Russian version is pretty difficult to play, are you, like me, more open to maybe jumping into Elder Scrolls Online while we wait patiently for the Trion version?

aphelion
04-02-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't have any interest in ESO, so no. It will be a nice distraction, like Wildstar, for those who want a game to play before ArcheAge launches.

Mavol
04-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Nah, ESO just not for me. Im going to pour my time back into EVE or other builder games on steam

Shemploo
04-02-2014, 04:30 PM
wow, over 500 posts already?

Palinore
04-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I will not be playing ESO. I have been in the Beta and it just isn't for me.. I will still be playing AA Ru until the NA release.

Shemploo
04-02-2014, 04:36 PM
I tried playing about an hour ago, everything is in Russian, the stats, the quests, the mobs, the items, I mean everything, I could not figure out what to do for quests, where to go, how to get there, you can't hardly craft from what I'm told, it's pretty difficult to play

rawfox
04-02-2014, 04:41 PM
I played SWTOR for some months and i dont expect something else, now that i played a TESO beta weekend a month ago.
Same souce, same faith.

I uninstalled the russians from my computer and totally impatiently waiting for Trion now, to say the word :D

Shemploo
04-02-2014, 04:47 PM
We gamers are so spoiled, we want everything the before it's ready, no wonder lots of games are not finished on launch, and we even pay top dollar for virtual crap, ahhaha.

Entitlement comes to mind.

Vilemouse
04-02-2014, 05:32 PM
They pretty much just gave there community a slap in the face and said F you

Shemploo
04-02-2014, 06:01 PM
you mean the Russian developers?

Vilemouse
04-02-2014, 06:18 PM
you mean the Russian developers?
XL Games pretty much did yeh

Phyro
04-02-2014, 06:29 PM
I still dont think that ESO is a solution, imho

Shemploo
04-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I just got done watching some guy at lvl 43 out of 50 ESO, it all looked kinda mediocre.

Tohkairis
04-02-2014, 07:34 PM
They messed up the patch, not like it was on purpose. Anyways it will be patched for English again soon, so until it arrives here, i'll be enjoying it there. ll the other games seem so boring the last few months... If not longer.

Shemploo
04-02-2014, 07:47 PM
From what I understand from reading the subreddit it's not mess up on the patch, it's more of the case where they did not protect the game files before, so they could be edited (hacks, etc.) - now apparently they do check the files and there goes the language swap.

Piko
04-02-2014, 08:59 PM
I played a bit of ESO and ehh, it's a fine game but nothing out of the ordinary.

KeksX
04-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Do we really need multiple threads telling people how you want to play ESO? Sounds like you're trying to justify this. I can assure you: No one cares if you're gonna play ESO.

And I don't mean this to be rude, but it's just how it is. Go have fun with whatever dude.

Darkedone02
04-03-2014, 03:36 AM
I tried ESO and it's just not that great for me, I don't like the pay-gate where you have to spend 80 bucks to get access to the imperial race or be able to choose any race for any factions. I also dislike the feel of the game, as I perfer Elder Scrolls to stay Single-Player so I don't have to deal with the multiple problems related to internet and getting disconnected after an unknown error has occured. I also dislike the game currenty due to the amount of bugs that are in the game, I also really find the game more fusterating and difficult as respecing is only available for tier 3 lands and respecing cost 150 per skill point, which is very expansive. I have a hard time finding the right build to be OP and blaze though content like it was nothing but sadly everything feels broken and I failed to make my own build very feasible. The game brings nothing innovative and different, while everything was pretty much borrowed from other mmo's such as Guild Wars 2 WvWvW. I give this game 6 months before it goes F2P over how... generic it is and how overhyped it becomes.

Ryuna
04-03-2014, 07:29 AM
They pretty much just gave there community a slap in the face and said F you

They banned all the english players or something? O_O

Also from what people keep saying about ESO, is that the PVE is stupid and the only thing good about it is PVP. So I don't think I'll be trying it. I'll just continue waiting for ArcheAge. :)

MissOwlet
04-03-2014, 10:49 AM
I played the ESO beta and the only thing I really liked was crafting.

I hated the character models. They were hideous.

Ryuna
04-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I played the ESO beta and the only thing I really liked was crafting.

I hated the character models. They were hideous.

I've always felt they butcher females and give them the ugliest hairstyles ever.

AeonAuron
04-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Hahah lol. I would never prefer ESO over ArcheAge even with the worst (most complicated) language!

Imperius
04-03-2014, 01:23 PM
What?! sorry im on vacation cant play RU atm. A week ago i just patched my AA english translation to the newest version and it worked... whats going on?

xDrac
04-03-2014, 01:28 PM
I did it... I was weak and bought myself ESO. It'll hold me over til I can play ArcheAge in english :) Hopefully!

AeonAuron
04-03-2014, 01:54 PM
What?! sorry im on vacation cant play RU atm. A week ago i just patched my AA english translation to the newest version and it worked... whats going on?

Seems like they blocked the EN patch permanently and some of ENG patch users got banned.

rawfox
04-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Yeah, that is, because the english patch was a violation of their EULA, not to change the gamefiles.
When that reached me, i uninstalled my RU ArcheAge and now im OUT OF ARCHEAGE .... AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh ... SCAAAAAAPES

Now you got me here, playing teh forumz :|

04-05-2014, 09:59 AM
I just got done watching some guy at lvl 43 out of 50 ESO, it all looked kinda mediocre.

Yeah. It's appalling. ESO is the equivalent of the waffle taco from Taco Bell. "OH a waffle taco!!? I'll go drive 100 miles to a store that just started selling it!" Lol.. NO.

Zawr
04-05-2014, 10:20 AM

Best... Game... Ever!!!

Ryuna
04-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah, that is, because the english patch was a violation of their EULA, not to change the gamefiles.
When that reached me, i uninstalled my RU ArcheAge and now im OUT OF ARCHEAGE .... AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh ... SCAAAAAAPES

Oh so that is what happened. So everyone who played the RU version with the english patch is not playing ArcheAge anymore or is still playing it without the english patch?

ZiggaWaTT
04-05-2014, 10:43 AM
ESO is meh, not bad but not good enough to interest me. Just downloaded rift again to see if that can hold my interest for a little. Also i havent played WoW since wrath so maybeeee ill check it out again since a couple of my friends are thinking of playing it again as well. Or ill continue to stay away from MMOs for a while longer and stick to D3 or smite or something.

shadole
04-09-2014, 01:11 AM
ESO just doesnt seem like its worth it. its just, i dont know. it feels like they copyed to much from just skyrim, and didnt really think about the rest of elder scrolls games. sure the places are there, but it just feels like you are still in skyrim.