PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Games With Glyph!

Scapes
06-03-2014, 06:30 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/glyph_logo_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/get-your-games-with-glyph)

We are excited to announce the launch of Glyph (http://glyph.net/download), a new digital client for PC games! As a player, Glyph unifies all of Trion's games into a single client and introduces new features and conveniences:
Remembers you between sessions; no more logging in and out multiple times
Shows the latest blogs, news stories, and patch notes
Shows you the size of the download before you begin downloading
Downtime integration; you’ll know if a server is down from the main screen
And more great features on the way!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/get-your-games-with-glyph)

Krogger
06-03-2014, 06:50 PM
yay finally out of beta, guess things are progressing smoothly

Thejoda
06-03-2014, 06:53 PM
maybe AA will be out before the year since this is done now =/

Guisouro
06-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Just downloaded the Glyph software and it indeed looks sleek and smooth! Good work guys!

Arix
06-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Been wondering for awhile now.. Do we have to use Glyph? Lol. I dont really mind it.. But unless i need it to play AA.. Not gonna bother downloading. Still dont need to use it for RIFT.

Misa
06-03-2014, 10:13 PM
mine still says Beta?

kiukiu
06-04-2014, 08:49 AM
hope they send AA codes before closed beta starts, so players would be able to download clients first, not losing first hours.

Blazzin
06-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Glyph installed, now waiting for AA

Veetus
06-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Does this mean no hopes for AA coming to Steam?

Alara
06-05-2014, 12:00 AM
LOL.. Glyph was in beta?

I've been using it since I started playing AA alpha and never gave it a second thought that it was in beta or something. It has been working flawlessly for me and it remembering me between sessions is a godsent!

BigMac
06-05-2014, 02:30 AM
Been wondering for awhile now.. Do we have to use Glyph? Lol. I dont really mind it.. But unless i need it to play AA.. Not gonna bother downloading. Still dont need to use it for RIFT.
At least for Alpha, I can't run AA without Glyph. Glyph, among other things, checks to see if patching is needed since the last time you logged in. No company is going to want some playing at different patch levels so it's quite likely that Glyph will be the only OFFICIALLY approved way to launch the game.

rawfox
06-05-2014, 02:51 AM
Since last Glyph patch yesterday, i dont have the other games available for download.
Only ArcheAge shows up.

OnizukaZA
06-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Why does the "Discuss this article on the forums" go to some random post on Defiance forums :confused:
forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?10823-Get-Your-Games-With-Glyph!&p=135802

SunnyFox
06-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Okay so everyone is probably going to laugh at me for this but I have a MacBook Pro and well it doesn't seem to like Glyph because every time I go to download it it just won't open the file to download. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this that will be great because I tried to look up things on the internet on how to do it for Mac and well there seems to be nothing of the sort... please help? If I don't need Glyph to play the game then that would be great to know as well and might just help me avoid this issue.

Strykerx88
06-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Do we really need another Steam? There's already three other Steam copies that don't need to exist (Origin, Uplay, Gamefly...), now this?

Katif
06-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Ok... i am getting really tired of Glyph.. every other log in I have to delete Glyph / run as admin / or uninstall the game completely. I've tried all the "fixes" and it'll work for a log in and the next day I have to do it all over again... Personally I dislike Glyph and Steam and other launcher programs.. very frustrated.

Arix
06-07-2014, 08:09 AM
At least for Alpha, I can't run AA without Glyph. Glyph, among other things, checks to see if patching is needed since the last time you logged in. No company is going to want some playing at different patch levels so it's quite likely that Glyph will be the only OFFICIALLY approved way to launch the game.

Well damn. Can you close Glyph after AA Launchs, Like Mail.ru's Launcher?

DropZoneCannon
06-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Well damn. Can you close Glyph after AA Launchs, Like Mail.ru's Launcher?
Had the same question in mind.

karontekami
06-09-2014, 01:49 AM
u can!! i can do it with Defiance and rift with no problems
it works for patching mostly i think

Arix
06-09-2014, 02:58 AM
u can!! i can do it with Defiance and rift with no problems
it works for patching mostly i think

Thanks. I dont mind it so much now if i can kill it after launch lol.

Boo7a
06-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Hello,
I got a weird problem with Glyph. I downloaded and installed with no problems, I can login and see game list but the problem happens whenever i click on any game to view I get this error. Running win 8.1 but I don't think that is the problem, any ideas what's causing this??

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m138/Islam_Adel/glyph_zps34f90f12.jpg

Hassasin
06-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Revamp my last post everything has changed if you stay on the tower you can glide out but if you go down to the courtyard you actually become a prisoner and you have to escape theres a 10 minute clock after you escape that nothing works so you have to swim across. now I need to find out if its on your record since you where marked as a prisoner

SunnyFox
06-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Okay so everyone is probably going to laugh at me for this but I have a MacBook Pro and well it doesn't seem to like Glyph because every time I go to download it it just won't open the file to download, I have Wine on my computer as well to help download Windows files and well even that doesn't work for me! If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this that will be great because I tried to look up things on the internet on how to do it for Mac and well there seems to be nothing of the sort... please help? If I don't need Glyph to play the game then that would be great to know as well and might just help me avoid this issue.

Guess I'm out of luck for an answer on this one huh? :confused:

pezao
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Guys, i start the full download with 700~800 kb/s... and now its on 50 kb/s !!!!! omg !!!! why???

Lelouch
06-20-2014, 01:37 PM
I can not get in game... I bought the alpha access founder pack and I cant launch the game.. it get me into logo like big red TRION then another logo of XLGAMES then screen turns black make weird sound and crash few seconds later ..
ive tried everything .. but nothing fix it .. please! how can I fix this issue with launching the game?

Cheep
06-22-2014, 12:16 AM
mr scapes can i ask for help.? i all ready purchase and download alpha after when it finish i click play on it but the problem mr scapes is when i click play the HackProshield will appear after the Archeage name color green.then it will automatically closed and the game will not run anymore...:( then it will back to glyph.Please help me......:(

Arbra
06-22-2014, 02:05 AM
I have actually heard of a few people with windows 8.1 having problems I recommend looking at the forums as they have found an answer
It was in the pre beta forums
I don't remember any thing else

HMGKnightz
06-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Alright, I just downloaded Glyph... installed and all... but once i log in, Glyph does it's thing to authenticate but then dissappear.... Glyph doesn't load all way.... Tried uninstalling and installing it again but still the same. Any help or idea why?

Meander
07-14-2014, 12:23 PM
This is not mandatory correct? Just optional?

I do not want to use a unified client for One game nor do I wish to see a bunch of other advertisements for other games when logging into it no matter the "special offer".

Megadone
07-14-2014, 12:36 PM
I think it's mandatory, I believe Trion will be using Glyph for all of there games

as for rest of ppl who still have issues conntact support

https://support.trionworlds.com/

@SunnyFox

AA is only for PC is does not support MAC, as to solution I have no clue

Necro Zion
07-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Well that answered my question of, "What is Glyph?"

Meander
07-15-2014, 09:23 AM
So no moderators that can answer? I see nothing in the FAQ about this.

Bodeen
07-15-2014, 10:48 AM
I purchased Wasteland 2 via STEAM. There is no serial key. How can I add to GLYPH?

Thanks!

Meander
07-16-2014, 06:31 AM
Well, looking at the beta email it looks like Glyph is mandatory...guess I will keep playing the Japanese version.

Nehuy
07-16-2014, 06:35 AM
The Glyph client lacks of a "PAUSE" button, I can only cancel the download =S
at least when in archeage beta section.

III
07-16-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi,

I bought the silver founder pack online this morning and now I installed glyph.

But there is no Archage Beta download available. Is it normal ?

Nehuy
07-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Hi,

I bought the silver founder pack online this morning and now I installed glyph.

But there is no Archage Beta download available. Is it normal ?

You have to receive an email telling you that you are in CBT 1 and how to download it (if you dont have it).

When you log in to your glyph client, at the left you should have "Archeage" and at the upper right you may choose "NA/EU (beta)".
Then the option to download should pop.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/UNFN0YC.png

Brendon0424
07-16-2014, 03:37 PM
How do I download the game? I logged onto my Glyph Client and it says I was invited to beta ( I got a code from one of the giveaway sites ) and when I click on Download, it just redownloads the glyph client again...

Brendon0424
07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
I opened my glyph client and went to the AA tab, and this is what I see. http://i.imgur.com/70KFBXY.png When I click download, it downloads the client, which makes no sense because I already have the client

Megadone
07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
How do I download the game? I logged onto my Glyph Client and it says I was invited to beta ( I got a code from one of the giveaway sites ) and when I click on Download, it just redownloads the glyph client again...

you download the game via glyph aka start glyph... select archeage in your library then in upper right corner select region EU or NA and press install

Brendon0424
07-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Nvm solved the problem. Just had to restart the client.