PDA

View Full Version : How to fix the land issue. Must see.

Filmoret
11-05-2014, 05:34 AM
Simple just make it so each paid account can only own 3 maybe 4 plots. Right now you got 10% of the players owning 90% of the land. This is very very bad for business. Your losing soo much money. I know it would bring out the crazies who cry about all their land they are gonna lose, but hey this is business and you need to make money and this is a way to do it and make your players happy at the same time.

Boymonkey74
11-05-2014, 05:35 AM
Like the real world isn't it...
I agree 5 slots per server each.

Filmoret
11-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Each bot or player with land hacks would have to get patron on their character's instead of just 1 character.

Sieghart
11-05-2014, 05:41 AM
I think this is the best solution, after all, people are always saying they don't need land, so they won't care if they can't take more than 3 or 4 :)

But, truth be told, I don't think Trino will do it, dunno why, it's just a hunch.

Taiphoz
11-05-2014, 05:42 AM
I think 5 plots per account is fine, another change I would like to see is that plots that are about to Expire, the date and time should not be visible to players or bots, only the server should know internally when a plot is about to expire, the server and the owner, no one else should be able to see it, lets put an end to 15-20 real players around a house all spamming plant building with 1 guy hacking and getting it all of the time.

Remove their ability to scan for property, and players will simply discover land plots by chance which has to be way more fair than anything else in game at the moment.

I also think that plots in higher level zones should require those levels before you can place a house there, level 15's owning land in SandDeep makes no sense at all, to own a house in any zone you should need to meet that zones level requirements, this will also prevent a very large majority of land grabbers.

Alara
11-05-2014, 05:42 AM
1% of the players would create 10+ paid accounts and still own 40+ plots each.

The same 1% of the players would rather spend $ at the hack provider and use hacks Trion seemingly is unable to detect.

Hajou
11-05-2014, 05:44 AM
Totally agree with this.

One account shouldn't be able to control literally dozens of properties.

BTW for the dear lord's sake, it's TRION, not Trino, lol.

Filmoret
11-05-2014, 05:45 AM
What they would have to do is make anyone who currently owns more then 4 plots to select them for protection and the rest is up for grabs within a week or so. They really need to fix this. I would also suggest that the guild owned land in Auroria not count towards the 4 plots because that land is only temporary anyways. Most people don't know but a guild can remove any plot near their castle.

Archaegeo
11-05-2014, 05:45 AM
You know you can pay for patron for each account each month for free using loyalty points and AH on US and EU.

This would solve nothing but making a lot of extra accounts.

Taiphoz
11-05-2014, 05:46 AM
In addition I think houses should be the same as Dry Docks, a house planted should be attackable after 3 days if its not complete, the bigger the house the longer the build period, anyone building a house and taking longer than 3 days are not intending to do anything with it other than profit. make the ♥♥♥♥ers build the house and use packs, force them to buy stuff from the AH and force them to spend some money on for sale signs rather than just letting them protect the land until they find a buyer.

Koukos
11-05-2014, 05:48 AM
agree 100%..but im sure they are aware of the problem and dont give a rats hat..

BluntedJ
11-05-2014, 05:51 AM
Simple just make it so each paid account can only own 3 maybe 4 plots. Right now you got 10% of the players owning 90% of the land. This is very very bad for business. Your losing soo much money. I know it would bring out the crazies who cry about all their land they are gonna lose, but hey this is business and you need to make money and this is a way to do it and make your players happy at the same time.

Honestly, this shat is academic. Consider that this game is out for several years in other countries and everything is "known". Plus the whole alpha/beta thing, so, yeah, EVERYTHING is known.

What maybe should have could have would have been done is this: change where everything is for launch. Why? Because it would have been fun to watch everyone that did know where things were to run around and say, "hey, I thought it was here."

Morghaid
11-05-2014, 05:55 AM
I agree Increase the investment by making them have to build to keep the land

name
11-05-2014, 05:57 AM
will only make apex worse than it is.
hackers use apex on accounts sell land for a lot more, still profit while it affects the normal players.

Bishop The Dirt
11-05-2014, 05:57 AM
I'm so glad this dude came up with an original idea. I have no idea what we'd have done otherwise.

Filmoret
11-05-2014, 06:16 AM
I'm so glad this dude came up with an original idea. I have no idea what we'd have done otherwise.

Its a hell of a lot better then everyone crying for a reroll so the same 20 players can claim the land again. Man some of you people are soo stupid you deserve to get your land grabbed.

Waldo
11-05-2014, 06:17 AM
It will not change the status quo. Nothing will change.
Botmaster will start making more accounts, and you'll be here back in a minute.

Priboo
11-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Simple just make it so each paid account can only own 3 maybe 4 plots. Right now you got 10% of the players owning 90% of the land. This is very very bad for business. Your losing soo much money. I know it would bring out the crazies who cry about all their land they are gonna lose, but hey this is business and you need to make money and this is a way to do it and make your players happy at the same time.Its very very good for business! You must buy APEX and after can buy land fom hackers ...

Lechiro
11-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Maybe add a 1 week temporary 1 week land for 16x16?
I see most temp 8x8 are empty. not more than 25-30% of the space is used.

theNerdGoddess
11-05-2014, 06:42 AM
People owning land doesn't bother me. Land hackers and gold sellers owning land bothers me. Massive land grabs at once bothers me.

My suggestion is make dropping the house cost labor. Like 2.5k labor. That way, you can place 1-2 properties and then you will have to wait. That makes the issue with land hackers obsolete.

We have one limitation in game by design - labor. Use that game mechanic to make things more fare for people when land comes up for grabs, especially en masse, such as Auroria.

jahlon
11-05-2014, 06:44 AM
1) a guild can only remove the property in the sphere of influence, but you also have to be in the guild to place there, so Auroria should be factored in.

2) the biggest problem is that you can land grab with unbuilt property. The settings should be changed so that as long as you have 1 unbuilt property on your ACCOUNT then you cant place anything else new.

3) telling people that they would be property capped at this point would be as unfair as it is to the people who have none. If they were going to set limits, they needed to do it earlier.

HelzBelz
11-05-2014, 06:44 AM
1% of the players would create 10+ paid accounts and still own 40+ plots each.

The same 1% of the players would rather spend $ at the hack provider and use hacks Trion seemingly is unable to detect.

Alara,

While I agreed with you on this at a point I did more thinking on this issue last night. I was one against having land caps for the longest time. Now I have changed my mind. If Trion had more subscriptions they could justify more servers which equal more land for more players. Trion cannot count on the Market place making them money to support servers, that is what subscriptions are for. So at this point I have changed my mind and think Tax certs need to be taken off the Market place and Land Cap needs to be in place.

Filmoret
11-05-2014, 06:53 AM
People owning land doesn't bother me. Land hackers and gold sellers owning land bothers me. Massive land grabs at once bothers me.

My suggestion is make dropping the house cost labor. Like 2.5k labor. That way, you can place 1-2 properties and then you will have to wait. That makes the issue with land hackers obsolete.

We have one limitation in game by design - labor. Use that game mechanic to make things more fare for people when land comes up for grabs, especially en masse, such as Auroria.

This is a good viable option. Too many people don't know there is more then one way to skin a cat. And yes every way has its ups and downs. Just have to figure out which one has minimal damage and easiest to implement. With the best long term success.

Mulawin
11-05-2014, 06:57 AM
They should put a land cap. Even if some people are willing to make new accounts and make those patrons to grab more land, they still need to log in to those accounts to put a plot in giving time for other players to get land.

Vrin
11-05-2014, 07:05 AM
As was said land grabbers are already financing multiple accounts with the proceeds of their land grabs as it is, presumably to make their taxes more reasonable. A better solution would probably be to pay attention to IP addresses that puppeteer several accounts all holding lots of lands, but the land grabbers would just use proxies or something. It's like an arms race, and Trion is losing, in large part because, from what I understand, in Korea XL doesn't really care about this sort of thing and it's largely tolerated so there aren't any robust built-in tools to combat it.

Coggage
11-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Simple just make it so each paid account can only own 3 maybe 4 plots.

Oh look, another pointless solution proposed despite the fact it will never even be looked at by XL Games, never mind acted on.

We need more of these.

Filmoret
11-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Oh look, another pointless solution proposed despite the fact it will never even be looked at by XL Games, never mind acted on.

We need more of these.

Oh look another 10 year old with a sassy mouth who needs a good spanking. Does your mommy know you are acting like a troll on the internet again?

TakaraBG
11-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Guys.. they cant start up an server for 20h.. and u want that?! how.. ;(((

Proteaus
11-05-2014, 07:13 AM
I found best way to fix issue of me not being able to get any land , canceled my patron acct . If I play it will be f2p as a pirate , they haven't left me any other occupation . Should all go red and become the pirate faction and camp the new area and keep camping it .

Filmoret
11-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Bumping this Thread because it solves a MAJOR problem this game is having.

Moosegun
11-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Filmoret (and others on this thread) - does claiming that everyone who has a lot of properties HAS to be a cheat / hacker make you feel better about the fact you have failed to get any? I know several players with 5+ land spots, I have 12, none of us have cheated to get them.

If you look at the land owned poll, it shows over 35% of players own more than 4 plots.

Filmoret
11-06-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm not claiming that everyone who has more then 5 land is hacking. I'm claiming that people who have more then 5 land is taking away from the gaming experience of everyone else. That's fairly simply. Even if it is making their gaming experience a lot better it is making the gaming experience of others a lot worse and makes them leave the game which results in less money for Trion and less players to compete against.

Traciatim
11-06-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm not claiming that everyone who has more then 5 land is hacking. I'm claiming that people who have more then 5 land is taking away from the gaming experience of everyone else. That's fairly simply. Even if it is making their gaming experience a lot better it is making the gaming experience of others a lot worse and makes them leave the game which results in less money for Trion and less players to compete against.

Direct competition for land is a feature of the game. It's a PVP game and some people are winning. To win there must be losers.

Daemonic
11-06-2014, 10:58 AM
In addition I think houses should be the same as Dry Docks, a house planted should be attackable after 3 days if its not complete, the bigger the house the longer the build period, anyone building a house and taking longer than 3 days are not intending to do anything with it other than profit. make the ♥♥♥♥ers build the house and use packs, force them to buy stuff from the AH and force them to spend some money on for sale signs rather than just letting them protect the land until they find a buyer.

Why aren't more people making suggestions like this? I don't personally care if people own tons of land. What bugs me is the fact that it takes so long for unused land to become available again. People just place random designs down to hold land, then 75%+ of the time you see it end up being demolished because they didn't build it up in time(or sell it off).

I would like to see a required progress...every day or two you have to get a pack in towards completing it or it goes to demolition in 24 hours....for up to 24x24's. Give a little more time for the larger ones of course as they require more.

Another thought, why go to demolition, why not bring in an auction system. If you go past time with taxes it goes up for auction, all materials put into building it stay. All decor items get mailed back to the original owner. All games end up with gold sinks to help even the economy, why not have that be one.

Seraphelle
11-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Totally agree with this.

One account shouldn't be able to control literally dozens of properties.

BTW for the dear lord's sake, it's TRION, not Trino, lol.

The "Trino" misspelling is often intentional. It is an homage to "Rito pls" rather than Riot, the producer of League of Legends.

Filmoret
11-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Even though there has been many good ideas. Chances are this is the way it will always be so GG.

Seraphelle
11-06-2014, 11:44 AM
To win there must be losers.

Actually, that's not true. We just accept it as truth too often.

Traciatim
11-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Actually, that's not true. We just accept it as truth too often.

It's a competitive PVP game, not everyone gets a trophy for showing up here.

Filmoret
11-06-2014, 04:48 PM
It's a competitive PVP game, not everyone gets a trophy for showing up here.

You didn't pvp for your land you just showed up and tossed down a farm plot. You don't have to pvp in order to keep the land. Don't give me that pvp crap.

tdm
11-06-2014, 04:57 PM
This is stupid. You want to limit the amount of land someone has because you are not savvy enough to get some. Listen here, most of my land I have acquired by making gold and spending that gold to buy land from other players selling it. Land is not rare, everyday I see many people selling land. So the real problem here is you are too lazy to find a way to make money in the game to buy yourself some land.

What your saying is, "give me free land" because I cant figure out how to make gold.

Should we limit the number of gold people can have because it make it unfair for someone to have 1000s of gold while someone else doesn't. In real life do they just give stuff away? No....This is an aspect of the game's economy. Land is just another item. So if you were not smart enough to play headstart and get some free land, then good luck to you.

You will have to buy it. Otherwise stop complaining on the forms how everyone should only be able to have limited land. Trust me, land is way over rated. Go fish. Go play the AH. Go plant illegal farms. But please stop this nonsense about land. Besides if you limit the land per account, all that means is people would get more accounts. Patron is only 200g per months. That's easy to come by in this game.

Bunch of babies, complaining how its not fair. Life is not fair get used to it.

Filmoret
11-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Get use to owning your land and being alone.

Filmoret
12-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Come on already this is common sense and Trion isn't getting it. Why waste time playing a game with developers this dull?

Traciatim
12-14-2014, 03:02 PM
You didn't pvp for your land you just showed up and tossed down a farm plot. You don't have to pvp in order to keep the land. Don't give me that pvp crap.

Maybe you should read the FAQ. PVP doesn't always mean fighting directly.

orangecrush
12-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I was going to forbid myself from posting on these forums permanently, but I feel as I need to respond to a land thread.

A: I don't believe land was never meant to be mass hoarded, or sold in mass quantities, and limits should of been in place for North American/European Union servers.

Evidence to support this theory:
1: In south korea, you get one account. So that's one free* 16x16 farm, and one free 8x8 garden per character.

1a: These will be the only land designs that you get for free*.

*free- The 16x16 farm design is not free, we've all done the quest. It cost time, resources, labor and usually the trade pack itself due to dock campers.

2: Cottages used to cost 50 Gilda stars. Now they cost 15, all it takes for a person to get three small house designs is running an alt through the main quests over and over again, there also dirt cheap on the auction house. So it's very easy to hoard land via these design's.

3: In south korea, you get one account. There's no circumventing the tax system over multiple accounts. You can't go over your labor limits.

4: In the south Korean version, and probably our future version there are house designs for sale in the cash shop. One valued at 200 USD apparently, are you going to tell this person to work for his or her land too? No, he or she is going to tell you off then demand a refund from trion because he or she can't place there 200 usd design.

5: The only way to safely sell and buy land is from the cash shop, blatant cash grab or convenience item? While most people say its blatant cash grab, I say its a convenience item to sell desirable land. Land selling should definitely exist, but the only area's that I see that should be bought and sold are the luxury housing areas and the nice unmarked spots. Maybe beachfront properties to but general housing area's, no.

B: Land grabbers do a small fraction of the work a buyer does per plot. Now let me make this clear, I'm talking about one single plot, not how they look for multiple plots all day. Just one. And lets say this plot, is worth about... 1200 gold.

Legitimate Land grabber workload for one plot:

1: Find plot that shows signs of going down in the near future: Seconds to minutes, you can hardly go through a zone without bumping into at least one dieing plot these days.
2: Couple of seconds to write down.
3: buy cheap 16x16 house design, seconds.
4: Logging in a few minutes before the plot drops. A few minutes.
5: Standing there and clicking. A few minutes.

Total work load for again, one plot. Less then an hour.

Workload for person using a land grabber program.
1: No work at all.

Workload for the land buyer, in this case will say someone that specializes in trade packs. We'll use safe zone prices, so an average of 6 gold per trade packing doing safe zone good trade run's.

1200 gold = at least 28 farm hauler runs.
28 farm hauler runs using an average of 2-3 eco friendly fuels at 8 minutes per fuel = 7.5 hours - 11.2 hours.

Making 196 trade packs to do 28 farm hauler run's: Depending how resources are acquired by the person you can probably tack on on another 10-20 hours onto there at least if the person grows some or all there mats, if not more. For me, I'd say.. at least another 12 hours. Because I "illegally" farm all the easy to get mats, then I buy the hard to get mats.

Total work for for one plot: 11.2 - 30.2 hours, maybe more depending on the person.

So in my eyes, the land grabbers themselves, that are so fond of words like entitled, whiny and care bear, are the whiny entitled care bears. Because there basically expecting to be handed 11.2-30.2 or more hours of our work for more for less then an hour of there work. There also the only ones that really whine whenever someone complains about the system, because were not whining, were complaining about a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ system. Again, because land grabbers like to pick specific part of posts to attack, I'm talking about one single plot, not there daily routine of grabbing and looking for multiple plots.

Now back to my "crazy" theory, based on the original south Korean version of Archeage.

Work your supposed to do for land.

16x16 with farmer's station: Quest and resources.
Any other types of designs: Gilda stars and resources, or the cashshop. Plane and simple. You get one 16x16 farm for "free". If you want anything larger, you have to go get those Gilda stars or use the credit card open ability. People weren't meant to have multiple 16x16 farms, if people wanted bigger farms there supposed get the bigger designs, EI: thatched farm houses, gazebos etc etc.

-Random notes: I believe there is more land for sale now that there's people willing to buy it, housing areas are slowly filling up with completely empty 16x16 housing waiting to be sold. Prices are dropping everyday.

-The land problem is probably one of the biggest nails in this games coffin, the problem immediately drove many many many people away from patron status and the game itself. It's not because there care bears, but it's because they deemed "the chance to own land" not worth a subscription fee. Specially when the land is one of the biggest, if not the biggest draw to this game. Open world pvp is a dime a dozen, while the other features like naval combat are indeed very cool, BUT They require people to be fun though. People that are getting driven off everyday due to this problem, and other problems. Pvp area's hardly ever go to war anymore, the sea is lifeless. Therefore, these cool features are suddenly boring and not so cool anymore.

-I don't think there's enough people on some of these servers to even justify every single piece of land being filled at this point.

-I don't think land is supposed to, or should ever be a competition. Have you ever wondered why its ping based? I have, I originally thought it was just a bad design flaw, but it seems like the reason its ping based is because it wasn't meant to be a competition to begin with.

-Land hackers are the bigger part of this problem, but even if they are dealt with, the low ping legit land grabbers will just take over.

In closing: I don't believe the land system is at all working as intended by the original Korean developers. We don't have to follow the one account per person rule they have. The system should of been "Americanized". Aka: Hard land caps per account. We have exploited the land system in every single way possible, completely invalidating "working as intended" unless trion/xl games did very well intend to have there system pushed to the breaking point by greed, driving off many many many paying customers, then it is definitely working as intended.

Ragz
12-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Maybe if the whiny ♥♥♥ OP would take some time and go on the Test server and check the new land placement situation, he would shut the ♥♥♥♥ up

I'm not going to give up my land because you're a lazy ♥♥♥ that doesn't want to farm gold to get land

Hell I buy scarecrow farms at 200-300G each APPRAISED and I easily make that in 1 hour.

Filmoret
12-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Maybe if the whiny ♥♥♥ OP would take some time and go on the Test server and check the new land placement situation, he would shut the ♥♥♥♥ up

I'm not going to give up my land because you're a lazy ♥♥♥ that doesn't want to farm gold to get land

Hell I buy scarecrow farms at 200-300G each APPRAISED and I easily make that in 1 hour.

Personally I don't give a crap about the land and I never wanted to own any. I'm not a build my house and look pretty player. I just look at the game from a neutral ground and say this is ******ed because you are basically ripping off 90% of your players. Lets say I own 10 land and can make enough in a day to buy another piece of land. So tomorrow I own 11 then the next day its 12 then after 8 more days I'm able to buy 2 plots a day. Eventually I will own all of the land and there will be no one else. Yes its called capitalism and is more realistic, however because the land is limited it makes the ball drop easier and harder. It's called being smart this game needs more players and people who own land tend to stick around. Well if you don't let them have any land then they just go play another game. So you can shove your gold and money up your entitled ♥♥♥ and play this game with 200 other people and never see new players.

Journeysent
12-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Have you guys read the upcoming patch notes, they are changing the way land is placed and it only can be clicked in 5 second intervals. Should make it a little more fair. :cool:

Morpayne
12-14-2014, 07:02 PM
What they would have to do is make anyone who currently owns more then 4 plots to select them for protection and the rest is up for grabs within a week or so. They really need to fix this. I would also suggest that the guild owned land in Auroria not count towards the 4 plots because that land is only temporary anyways. Most people don't know but a guild can remove any plot near their castle.

It's a sandbox, so no. This is not some themepark game where everyone gets a trophy for participating. what you want is limitations on land ownership so more people can own land and I understand that but what you need to understand is that undermines the concept of sandboxes. If you want guaranteed land you play wow garrisons.

Sucuri
12-14-2014, 07:20 PM
GENERAL
* Property placement now has a five-second delay between attempts in order to disrupt rapid spam-placement attempt tools. Please adjust your strategy for property grabs accordingly!

Stop crying already, they are fixing the people with rapid fire mice.

Full read here.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?141424-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.16-Patch-Notes&p=1325915#post1325915

Viria15
12-14-2014, 07:56 PM
I like the unbuilt property timer just like dry docks although it hasn't been instigated from day one so may not help heaps. I also like the idea of the 24hr cool down on placing a property but then that doesn't stop mulitple accounts.

What i want is that the double plots that happened during the lag is sorted and compensation (repayment of tax certs, plans etc) happens. its been almost 3 weeks and you get charged not only tax on the plot but extra on all others. just make a decision and start helping people....i can't pull up my farm as the screen doesn't show for mine, just the other two on top. I could let it demo but then i miss all chance for getting the placement certs paid back. ticket has been in since the servers came back up and i could see that it wasn't fixed.

Morpayne
12-14-2014, 08:10 PM
I was going to forbid myself from posting on these forums permanently, but I feel as I need to respond to a land thread.

A: I don't believe land was never meant to be mass hoarded, or sold in mass quantities, and limits should of been in place for North American/European Union servers.

Evidence to support this theory:
1: In south korea, you get one account. So that's one free* 16x16 farm, and one free 8x8 garden per character.

1a: These will be the only land designs that you get for free*.

*free- The 16x16 farm design is not free, we've all done the quest. It cost time, resources, labor and usually the trade pack itself due to dock campers.

2: Cottages used to cost 50 Gilda stars. Now they cost 15, all it takes for a person to get three small house designs is running an alt through the main quests over and over again, there also dirt cheap on the auction house. So it's very easy to hoard land via these design's.

3: In south korea, you get one account. There's no circumventing the tax system over multiple accounts. You can't go over your labor limits.

4: In the south Korean version, and probably our future version there are house designs for sale in the cash shop. One valued at 200 USD apparently, are you going to tell this person to work for his or her land too? No, he or she is going to tell you off then demand a refund from trion because he or she can't place there 200 usd design.

5: The only way to safely sell and buy land is from the cash shop, blatant cash grab or convenience item? While most people say its blatant cash grab, I say its a convenience item to sell desirable land. Land selling should definitely exist, but the only area's that I see that should be bought and sold are the luxury housing areas and the nice unmarked spots. Maybe beachfront properties to but general housing area's, no.

B: Land grabbers do a small fraction of the work a buyer does per plot. Now let me make this clear, I'm talking about one single plot, not how they look for multiple plots all day. Just one. And lets say this plot, is worth about... 1200 gold.

Legitimate Land grabber workload for one plot:

1: Find plot that shows signs of going down in the near future: Seconds to minutes, you can hardly go through a zone without bumping into at least one dieing plot these days.
2: Couple of seconds to write down.
3: buy cheap 16x16 house design, seconds.
4: Logging in a few minutes before the plot drops. A few minutes.
5: Standing there and clicking. A few minutes.

Total work load for again, one plot. Less then an hour.

Workload for person using a land grabber program.
1: No work at all.

Workload for the land buyer, in this case will say someone that specializes in trade packs. We'll use safe zone prices, so an average of 6 gold per trade packing doing safe zone good trade run's.

1200 gold = at least 28 farm hauler runs.
28 farm hauler runs using an average of 2-3 eco friendly fuels at 8 minutes per fuel = 7.5 hours - 11.2 hours.

Making 196 trade packs to do 28 farm hauler run's: Depending how resources are acquired by the person you can probably tack on on another 10-20 hours onto there at least if the person grows some or all there mats, if not more. For me, I'd say.. at least another 12 hours. Because I "illegally" farm all the easy to get mats, then I buy the hard to get mats.

Total work for for one plot: 11.2 - 30.2 hours, maybe more depending on the person.

So in my eyes, the land grabbers themselves, that are so fond of words like entitled, whiny and care bear, are the whiny entitled care bears. Because there basically expecting to be handed 11.2-30.2 or more hours of our work for more for less then an hour of there work. There also the only ones that really whine whenever someone complains about the system, because were not whining, were complaining about a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ system. Again, because land grabbers like to pick specific part of posts to attack, I'm talking about one single plot, not there daily routine of grabbing and looking for multiple plots.

Now back to my "crazy" theory, based on the original south Korean version of Archeage.

Work your supposed to do for land.

16x16 with farmer's station: Quest and resources.
Any other types of designs: Gilda stars and resources, or the cashshop. Plane and simple. You get one 16x16 farm for "free". If you want anything larger, you have to go get those Gilda stars or use the credit card open ability. People weren't meant to have multiple 16x16 farms, if people wanted bigger farms there supposed get the bigger designs, EI: thatched farm houses, gazebos etc etc.

-Random notes: I believe there is more land for sale now that there's people willing to buy it, housing areas are slowly filling up with completely empty 16x16 housing waiting to be sold. Prices are dropping everyday.

-The land problem is probably one of the biggest nails in this games coffin, the problem immediately drove many many many people away from patron status and the game itself. It's not because there care bears, but it's because they deemed "the chance to own land" not worth a subscription fee. Specially when the land is one of the biggest, if not the biggest draw to this game. Open world pvp is a dime a dozen, while the other features like naval combat are indeed very cool, BUT They require people to be fun though. People that are getting driven off everyday due to this problem, and other problems. Pvp area's hardly ever go to war anymore, the sea is lifeless. Therefore, these cool features are suddenly boring and not so cool anymore.

-I don't think there's enough people on some of these servers to even justify every single piece of land being filled at this point.

-I don't think land is supposed to, or should ever be a competition. Have you ever wondered why its ping based? I have, I originally thought it was just a bad design flaw, but it seems like the reason its ping based is because it wasn't meant to be a competition to begin with.

-Land hackers are the bigger part of this problem, but even if they are dealt with, the low ping legit land grabbers will just take over.

In closing: I don't believe the land system is at all working as intended by the original Korean developers. We don't have to follow the one account per person rule they have. The system should of been "Americanized". Aka: Hard land caps per account. We have exploited the land system in every single way possible, completely invalidating "working as intended" unless trion/xl games did very well intend to have there system pushed to the breaking point by greed, driving off many many many paying customers, then it is definitely working as intended.

Agreed on every point. They should have taken american greed into account when deciding what to do with land. I know that's extrmemly ugly to say but you have to face reality as a developer.

Kayah
12-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Agreed on every point. They should have taken american greed into account when deciding what to do with land. I know that's extrmemly ugly to say but you have to face reality as a developer.

Here here. It's about time someone said it. It's not the point of whether or not I can "work harder and get more plots" I shouldn't have to. Do I expect a plot handed to me on a silver platter? Hell no. But there should never be one person owning literal fractions of the server's land. This whole thing has gotten out of control and something needs to be done about it before this game runs itself into the ground. It sucks that it would have to come to that, but it's true, westerners are greedy. They always want to have everything for themselves and anyone who doesn't do it is either a care bear or not working hard enough. I am planning to buy multiple plots in multiple locations. Why? Because I want to use the fellowship plazas that's why. Here's the catch though. I'm not hording this stuff all to myself. I only really need to use one or two plots. The rest will likely be open to public if I can figure out how this whole thing works. Wouldn't want F2Ps planting on my farm for safety only to have thieves come and steal it anyway. :\

MastaFlex
12-17-2014, 08:06 PM
Developers really need to address this...

Ej the maverick
12-17-2014, 08:28 PM

Do you have any idea how many labor points it costs just to erect a larger house? a town house has 30 packs, you would need another property to store those packs on or, a ton load of workers comps all ready consumed to be able to do it in no time.

I do agree there should be a limit to how long a property takes to be built, and lets say maybe 3 days after staking claim if construction not started then it becomes available again. or 1 week per 50 guilder stars, so a cottage 1 week, manor house 2 weeks and so on.

HandOfJustice
12-17-2014, 08:55 PM
On the ping issue, you do deluxe that everyone in south Korea is on t1 access, unlike the us that regulated the speed to keep it low. Ping is not an issue there because everyones has the same speed, thus the idea of players competing with different connect rates is not designed into the scope of the game. Also the game was not designed with the intent for land to be hoarded, they would never consider such a doushbag playstyle and thus would not design the game to prevent it.

Moonfire100
12-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Limits will do no good since bots and land grabbers have nearly unlimited gold revenue. They simply will just have more accounts bought with your gold via Apex. I do have some suggestions.

1) Publish a list of demos that everyone can see or eliminate the ability for hackers to scan for them.
2) Have players submit a request to be considered for the property then have the server choose at random who gets the demo'd property from that list.
3) Impose a three week time limit before you can sell the property after you purchase/acquire it.

I also agree with the people saying that there should be a restriction of some sort that will prohibit land from being unbuilt for long periods of time. Don't make it an account based limit though but a straight amount of time then it gets demo'd.

TheChoi
12-17-2014, 09:23 PM
What does it matter what people do with the land? This entitlement ♥♥♥♥ has to stop. Do trade runs, buy land. It's a commodity and a privilege, not a right.

And "hiding" the timer to public means hackers WILL be the only one who can get it. They SCAN THE SERVER INFO FOR THIS.

Moonfire100
12-17-2014, 09:27 PM
What does it matter what people do with the land? This entitlement ♥♥♥♥ has to stop. Do trade runs, buy land. It's a commodity and a privilege, not a right.

And "hiding" the timer to public means hackers WILL be the only one who can get it. They SCAN THE SERVER INFO FOR THIS.

I would be happy to buy land if there was a 100% guarantee that I wasn't being it from a cheater and thus supporting the problem in the first place.

Filmoret
12-23-2014, 01:43 PM
People who own land tend to stick around. Which is why your playerbase is very small because only a small amount of players actually own land.

Jadius
12-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Bumping this Thread because it solves a MAJOR problem this game is having.

Time to give up. It wont be fixed. Hasn't been fixed in over 2 years since the game launched in Korea.

Filmoret
12-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Time to give up. It wont be fixed. Hasn't been fixed in over 2 years since the game launched in Korea.

I think you're right. They should give me a job and give me 50k a year because With 2 suggestions I could have stopped 80% of their players from quitting the game. That's 80% of the people who quit playing.

DomENDemo
12-23-2014, 07:18 PM
3) telling people that they would be property capped at this point would be as unfair as it is to the people who have none. If they were going to set limits, they needed to do it earlier.

UO also got property cap. And it was not introduced in DAY 1. I know it is unfair if introducing property cap at this moment but this is way better than there's no property cap.

FTR
12-23-2014, 07:35 PM
As I was saying since launch - make it 1 propety type per player.

But Scapes response was "we want fair land competition". It was very funny statement especially after hackers (goldsellers) started grabbing 99% properties on all servers.