PDA

View Full Version : Honour Points - Let's Talk

NYS
04-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Hi!

So I've been seeing/hearing a lot about Honour Points, and vague things about how you can earn them (from PKing? PVEing? Both?) and purchase items with them like mounts and such.

But I have no concrete idea of the breakdown of what they are, how they're earned, how you use them, or what you can get using them! Also, the scale of how much are earned; for example, how many are a lot? How easy/difficult are they to earn?

To get a better idea of how my ArcheAge journey will play out, I would like to know everything about this currency/point system. Thanks to everyone in advance!

AeonAuron
04-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Hey, i don't know how this system working in KR but i will share my experience of Russian version here, tbh i don't think that is a lot different int KR anyway.

Main source of gaining honor points is killing enemies in pvp time. (If you are on one of the southern continents, not the first 5 phase when you can fight with your enemies. I am talking about the latest pvp time which lasts for 1h 20min. If you are on open sea or on Liberty Island, you will always get honor for kills. No honor in Northern Continent 'Auroria' except if there is a special war time ongoing.) If you kill an enemy by yourself, you will get 20 honor points. If you do the last hit, you will get 16 and if you hurt your enemy but someone else kills him/her, you will get 1-4 honor points.

Another way to earn honor is grinding. There are some 40 level elite mobs in special areas which will give you 1 Honor Points each kill (more, ~3 points if you are alone).

There are also some quests which will give you reasonable amount of honor points.

With honor points, you can purchase special enchants for your weapon and armors. Also you can sell them for good amount of money. And there is a special PvP mount which costs 50k honor in Russia and 50k honor is pretty much hard number to reach.

I hope that helped :)

KeksX
04-03-2014, 11:13 AM
There are also Assists in ArcheAge. If you heal a significant amount of the killer or buff a lot, you'll receive some of his Honor points as well. So healers aren't left out.

Krogger
04-03-2014, 11:26 AM
There are also Assists in ArcheAge. If you heal a significant amount of the killer or buff a lot, you'll receive some of his Honor points as well. So healers aren't left out.

Also need to mention when u die in PVP u LOSE some honor points per death ;). u can also buy the 20k honor pvp mount , can also buy some weapons(they arnt all that great but good for lvling)

AeonAuron
04-03-2014, 11:33 AM

Yeah. Poor tanks... :(

Also need to mention when u die in PVP u LOSE some honor points per death ;). u can also buy the 20k honor pvp mount , can also buy some weapons(they arnt all that great but good for lvling)

Yeah that is right, you lose 5 points. Also the equipments you can buy with honor points are time limited. I don't really remember but i think it was 14 days?

NYS
04-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Awesome! All of that helps a lot. A few questions...

- PVP "time"? There are only certain times for pvp activities? how does that work?
- Can people buy honour points with real-world money? sounds like it might be a little disadvantage there..
- How much of the armor and other equipment has time limits? I didnt realize some stuff had that in this game.
- Do guilds get any special situations when it comes to honour points?

(sorry if you guys don't know all these answers - I'm just really curious ^_^)

NYS
04-03-2014, 11:41 AM
cool, because I usually avoid making healer-classes in games because it seems they have few advantages. glad healers aren't forgotten!

AeonAuron
04-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Awesome! All of that helps a lot. A few questions...

- PVP "time"? There are only certain times for pvp activities? how does that work?
- Can people buy honour points with real-world money? sounds like it might be a little disadvantage there..
- How much of the armor and other equipment has time limits? I didnt realize some stuff had that in this game.
- Do guilds get any special situations when it comes to honour points?

(sorry if you guys don't know all these answers - I'm just really curious ^_^)

- Level 30+ maps in both southern continents has the pvp times and peace times. Peace lasts for 2h or 4h depending on the map. PvP time lasts for X hours, depending on how many blood split on that map.
- Nope, you cant buy honor points with real money.
- Hmm i didn't get this one :(
- Technically nope. But if you bring your guild into a mass pvp, you will definitely earn more points :)

NYS
04-03-2014, 12:07 PM
In regards to my third question:
I noticed that you said honour points equipment was limited to 14 days. I was wondering how much equipment in-game has time limits like that?

AeonAuron
04-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Well i haven't seen many other equipments with time limitations. However, best equipment is crafted equipment in ArcheAge and it has no time limits, don't worry :)

NYS
04-03-2014, 12:13 PM
*sigh of relief* Ok. Thank you again for the info. :D

Yshera
07-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Another way to earn honor is grinding. There are some 40 level elite mobs in special areas which will give you 1 Honor Points each kill (more, ~3 points if you are alone).

Can you give a location? :)

Zephirisz
09-16-2014, 05:28 AM
What about healers who are purely healing specced. They hardly deal any damage, do they get honorpoints too?
A friend of mine who is a healer doesn't get honorpoints alot of the times. It seems to be really discouraging.