PDA

View Full Version : Best build For PVP!

Bakemono
04-03-2014, 12:34 PM
I've talked to a few players (RU players) about best build for pvp, and the general consensus I got was, Archer. Yes, Archer! I was shocked to hear it at first; I didn't want to believe; however, Archer as the best build for pvp is putative on RU. I just want to get a take on what people on here think.

Archer (Spend the 4 points in will however you see fit): Cookie Cutter (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=511111100101100117011011101100001030000110 101000000)

1.) Do you think the cookie cutters of another region will be as prevalent in NA version?

2.) What mechanics do you think should be changed for pvp for NA, or perhaps none should be changed at all? (i.e safe zones, pvp server, pve server)

3.) Do you think after the game launches, everyone will have a cookie cutter build they will generally follow?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
1.) I personally don't think what another region plays will have much prevalence in this region, cause even if you switch to a diff server, another build will be more esteemed than another, etc.

2.) I personally like the idea of all the servers being equal, I don't think their needs to be a pvp or pve server, because the way AA was created, allows for RP'ers and PvP'ers to play on the same server and get the best of both worlds, ya know?

3.) I do believe after the game launches, everyone will have a particular build they will follow, and after a few months or so, everyone will have a prevalent cookie-cutter they follow; ya know, them elitist.

Peter
04-03-2014, 12:46 PM
I think the issue is that you don't see a ton of tanks in PvP. If you did you'd see the trouble they'd have against them. My first character was Will/Death/Devotion and I wore heavy armor and I could take on archers no problem. This character was mainly a utility tank to work with my duo partner so I'm sure someone who focused a little more on damage would do even better. If you play a mage you're going to have a problem with archers since they out range you, but a mage could easily take on melee and armored players. But since everyone is playing either an archer or a mage of course archers seem over powered.

VMBarbosa
04-03-2014, 01:52 PM
1) Seeing as how a lot of NA, ect people play on servers from other regions I think we'll see a lot of that merge into the NA servers.
2) I don't like the fact people can run into shrines to avoid taking damage even after they've been engaged in a PvP fight.
3) I think some people will run cookie cutter specs but seeing as how there are over a 100 class combinations I think we'll see a lot of diversity among players although you will have your hardcore players who enjoy playing the "best" current spec.

SilverCrest
04-03-2014, 02:40 PM
in this game there is no best pvp class combo in 1vs1 (everything depends from skill, situation, combos, ping, equip, brain, hands, ...=)
and in mass pvp yes range classes are superior than melee, but with right tactics you can make them usefull too

Mustafonte
04-03-2014, 03:55 PM
i dont like anky and shaparedarrow

Mustafonte
04-03-2014, 03:56 PM
in this game there is no best pvp class combo in 1vs1 (everything depends from skill, situation, combos, ping, equip, brain, hands, ...=)
and in mass pvp yes range classes are superior than melee, but with right tactics you can make them usefull too

this is a open world, u can walk in the map, flank then, and take the healers/rangers from behind

Sekkusu
04-03-2014, 04:52 PM
RU like Archer is because they like zerging. KR thinks Clown is the best build because they like to ambush and they believe that 1 hitting people must be the best build in the game.

With that said, Archer isn't the best class simply for that fact that 99% of them can't play the class to it's maximum potential. Archers are extremely squishy and can pop in a blink of an eye if they're caught off guard.

Clowns is just a 1 trick pony build. Anyone with decent gears and decent knowledge of the build can turn it on it's head. The only thing Clown has is a meteor, the rest of the build does not synergize at all.

Sorry if this sounds generic but there's no best build in this game. Although, there are quite a few builds that are very good at what they do so the best build for you is the one that suits your talent and enhances the way you like to play the game.

Brutus
04-03-2014, 05:04 PM
if you are talking about 1v1 pvp, any build with healing is superior .

Sekkusu
04-03-2014, 05:26 PM
if you are talking about 1v1 pvp, any build with healing is superior .

Not true, you can't out heal heavy dmg dealers before they kill you.

ButteredToast
04-03-2014, 05:29 PM
RU like Archer is because they like zerging. KR thinks Clown is the best build because they like to ambush and they believe that 1 hitting people must be the best build in the game.

With that said, Archer isn't the best class simply for that fact that 99% of them can't play the class to it's maximum potential. Archers are extremely squishy and can pop in a blink of an eye if they're caught off guard.

Clowns is just a 1 trick pony build. Anyone with decent gears and decent knowledge of the build can turn it on it's head. The only thing Clown has is a meteor, the rest of the build does not synergize at all.

Sorry if this sounds generic but there's no best build in this game. Although, there are quite a few builds that are very good at what they do so the best build for you is the one that suits your talent and enhances the way you like to play the game.

Stealth > Meteor > Chain Lightning > Plunge > Ice Field > Backflip > Fireball guarantee kills

Jonneh
04-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Mechanics + outplay your opponent ( 1v1 to small scale pvp)

Medium + large scale is a whole different level of pvp. :P

Sekkusu
04-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Stealth > Meteor > Chain Lightning > Plunge > Ice Field > Backflip > Fireball guarantee kills

That's a standard mage combo, not a Clown combo and it doesn't always guarantee a kill. With some quick reaction time and a bit of mobility you can easily avoid Meteor, this is another reason why I don't like build without mobility. On top of that, all Mages have their weaknesses. All you need is a decent build which has some form of anti meta abilities. For examples Will, Conjury, and Devotion are a few trees that are good for outplaying and countering 1 trick pony builds. Usually new players tend to go for the build that they think is the most OP without realizing the glaring weaknesses that can be exploited.

Spark
04-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Juicy info, keep it coming, can't wait for this game to come out <3. From melee side which stands the most chance of being overpowered?

omgrawr56@yahoo.com
04-03-2014, 05:43 PM
is this a good build http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#9.10.4/JJxv0PCKUD

Sekkusu
04-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Juicy info, keep it coming, can't wait for this game to come out <3. From melee side which stands the most chance of being overpowered?

Fighter (http://arche-base.com/builds/view/531-Fighter)

Really good for solo killing and ganking. It does decently well in grp PVP with Force Field, Lasso and good disengages in Backflip and Shadowstep. It requires you to use Sword/Shield for a lot of tankiness while still be able to deal respectable dmg.

Dark Knight (http://arche-base.com/builds/view/532-Dark_Knight)

This build is a little less mobile than Fighter but it has more aoe crowd controls and a bit more dmg. It's more for group pvp but can do decently well in solo situations with it's high burst and good CC potentials. One of the few hybrid classes that can actually work due to Necromancy high base dmg and poor scaling. You'll want to use a 2 hander for this class because it favors manmoding and less tankiness.

Jonneh
04-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Fighter (http://arche-base.com/builds/view/531-Fighter)

Really good for solo killing and ganking. It does decently well in grp PVP with Force Field, Lasso and good disengages in Backflip and Shadowstep. It requires you to use Sword/Shield for a lot of tankiness while still be able to deal respectable dmg.

This is what I intend on playing in NA. Was thinking of going Medium armor + 1 Hand Spear and Shield. Then wear the attack speed cloak to kind of make up for the 1h Spears 2.0 aspeed. Any food for thought?

Sekkusu
04-03-2014, 07:05 PM
This is what I intend on playing in NA. Was thinking of going Medium armor + 1 Hand Spear and Shield. Then wear the attack speed cloak to kind of make up for the 1h Spears 2.0 aspeed. Any food for thought?

I think you'll have to hold a 1 handed Sword instead since there aren't many end game Spears. But why a 1h Spear, may I ask?

Jonneh
04-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I think you'll have to hold a 1 handed Sword instead since there aren't many end game Spears. But why a 1h Spear, may I ask?

The proc chance of piercing armor I think it was XD

Bakemono
04-03-2014, 07:10 PM
I don't suggest anyone ever mix magic and melee, cause you'll have a hard time explaining your reason.

Build: Tank (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110011011100112111011101000001130010000 110000000) (Don't ever take 1 second cast time Pull-over, over Bolt (i.e instant cast and 18 second c/d)

Build: Politician (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110011111000117111001001110001030010100 101000000)(Possibly highest burst *Melee* in-game. Note: I didn't say ranged melee!)

Build:Archer (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=701101110110000105111111001011001131000110 100000000) (inhibition for melee, mage easy to drop as archer)

These are the best melee and ranged melee builds I can personally come up with, and i will be using all of them in-game. Straight Dps! I wish you try these build, as i will try some of the build i've been seeing by other players. I tried to make all my builds straight forward and easy to use. I hope it helps!

Peter
04-03-2014, 07:19 PM

How would you get off meteor without being interrupted or having the enemy move out of your path? My friend has a mage (I think it's a clown), he goes charm>chain>chord>lightning strike and backflip into 2 fireballs if needed. That usually works for him, unless it's an archer.

Sekkusu
04-03-2014, 07:36 PM
I don't suggest anyone ever mix magic and melee, cause you'll have a hard time explaining your reason.

Build: Tank (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110011011100112111011101000001130010000 110000000) (Don't ever take 1 second cast time Pull-over, over Bolt (i.e instant cast and 18 second c/d)

Build: Politician (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110011111000117111001001110001030010100 101000000)(Possibly highest burst *Melee* in-game. Note: I didn't say ranged melee!)

Build:Archer (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=701101110110000105111111001011001131000110 100000000) (inhibition for melee, mage easy to drop as archer)

These are the best melee and ranged melee builds I can personally come up with, and i will be using all of them in-game. Straight Dps! I wish you try these build, as i will try some of the build i've been seeing by other players. I tried to make all my builds straight forward and easy to use. I hope it helps!

Good Hybrid classes due exist and I explained my reasonings.

Lasso is a great skill in many situations.

Politician is countered by a lot of popular classes and they get destroyed by anything with Protection, Conjury, or Necromancy.

Damon
04-03-2014, 07:38 PM

I can't see how this is viable except in very specific situations. The cast time on meteor is quite long even with decent cast speed gear AND it's ground targeted. If you gank someone who isn't moving, perhaps afk or shopping this is fine ... as are a bunch of other skills. The one time I find meteor useful is to gank large guilds delivering trade packs. They are SLOW and moving in a clump. If you can be somewhere vaguely out of sight, you can pull off some serious initiation. For 1v1 pvp, people tend to be moving around too much to land a meteor even from stealth. It's much better to lead with an insta cast into cc into a channel into more cc if you have it.

Bakemono
04-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Good Hybrid classes due exist and I explained my reasonings.

Lasso is a great skill in many situations.

Politician is countered by a lot of popular classes and they get destroyed by anything with Protection, Conjury, or Necromancy.

I understand how lasso can be good for pvp and large-scale pvp, but at small-group pvp; I see it as a nuisance and unnecessary. Yes, I know good hybrid classes exist, but those don't mix melee and magic (damage) trees, I hope. I was laughed at when i first linked my dark knight build to some players, so I'm not saying it's bad; it's just not viable in many cases. Sorry, it's just my opinion.

Also, Politician is meant for stealth (rogue) gameplay. You attack them first, that's how it should be and that's how the build is set-up.

I also prefer that angel of death build over any magic build, cause it involves stealth type gameplay. See where i'm going? I want to attack my target from the shadows. It's also the one build that you can mix with melee and I wouldn't say anything about it, hehe.

Mustafonte
04-03-2014, 07:56 PM
i will use politician in high lv, but for lvling i going use inquisitor www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=701110101111000010111100111011000190110000 011000000

another build i love is elementalist www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=411101101101010011011000101110110090110100 011000000

Tresaure hunter www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=511010100101101117001011000110000030110110 110000101

Angel of death www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=411101101100010117011001001010000061001100 110101001

Dark knight and white knight should be interesting

Sekkusu
04-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I understand how lasso can be good for pvp and large-scale pvp, but at small-group pvp; I see it as a nuisance and unnecessary. Yes, I know good hybrid classes exist, but those don't mix melee and magic (damage) trees, I hope. I was laughed at when i first linked my dark knight build to some players, so I'm not saying it's bad; it's just not viable in many cases. Sorry, it's just my opinion.

Also, Politician is meant for stealth (rogue) gameplay. You attack them first, that's how it should be and that's how the build is set-up.

I also prefer that angel of death build over any magic build, cause it involves stealth type gameplay. See where i'm going? I want to attack my target from the shadows. It's also the one build that you can mix with melee and I wouldn't say anything about it, hehe.

Lasso is used as a gap closer against all type of range classes. Most of them only have 1-2 mobility skills so having Lasso will give you the extra ability to stay on them to put your chain of CCs down. It's a counter to Backflip since so many classes have it. Backflip take roughly a second to finish it's animation and Lasso is perfect pulling them back in. If you gank someone and put up Force Field preventing them from escaping but they glide out, what do you do? Lasso.

Politician is countered by anything that can break their chain of CC. For example Protection with high Block %, getting one of your skills blocked basically nullify your killing potential to zero because all they have to do is turn on Blockade. Same with Conjury, if there's any opening in your combo or you can't get your Phantom Blow to proc a crit then you'll get Feared, Bubble, and bursted. Necromancy can simply use Hell Spear when you dash in and pretty much break your combo. I'm not even mentioning how bad the build is late game when ppl get decent gears.

The reason why Dark Knight work is because Necromancy has really high base dmg and a lot of aoe CCs. Grip of Death gives you 2k base dmg and horrible 100% spellpower scalling so the difference between a staff and a sword is around 100 dmg. Samething with Raven and Hell Spear. This is one of the cases where you can mix both magic and physical dmg and not loose as much. Necromancy already has poor scaling, but you rely on Warfare and a 2hander for it's good scaling to compensate. There's also the good synergy in Scream of Pain and Grip of Death. If you stack up to 3k anger stacks and use Scream of Pain into a Grip of Death, you can deal up to 3k~ dmg from an instant cast combo.

Angel of Death isn't a hybrid class becoz you don't use the skills in Finesse for dmg but for their utility. It's also not an effective assassination class. It's a standard versatile Mage class. It has fallen out of favor awhile ago due to the lack of synergy between Magic and Necromancy. It is favored for grp pvp and aoe farming. Hermit and Clown are assassination mages.

Mustafonte
04-04-2014, 05:49 AM
base dmg of grip is instant or for the all channeling?

Mustafonte
04-04-2014, 05:56 AM
this is correct build in dark knight ? www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=211110010000001100111100111011000141010110 110000000

Sekkusu
04-04-2014, 06:19 AM
base dmg of grip is instant or for the all channeling?

For the whole channel, Scream of Pain is 1.5k dmg + 2k dmg from Grip of Death. They are stunned for the entire channel.

Mustafonte
04-04-2014, 01:38 PM
For the whole channel, Scream of Pain is 1.5k dmg + 2k dmg from Grip of Death. They are stunned for the entire channel.

Only in theory, the target can be immune of stun, in my mind "all" class is nice, all have counter, and everyone has their roles. I dont have exp in Dark knight, in your experience, what is the roles off the class ? tank+cc and a pretty dmg?

Sekkusu
04-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Only in theory, the target can be immune of stun, in my mind "all" class is nice, all have counter, and everyone has their roles. I dont have exp in Dark knight, in your experience, what is the roles off the class ? tank+cc and a pretty dmg?

Only Will tree has an immunity to Stun and the combo is used as a finisher therefore you have to wait out the 7 secs of immunity then use it. Dark Knight is a dmg dealer who can 1v1 most classes because it has both physical and magical dmg. It has high base defense but not a tank.

SilverCrest
04-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Only Will tree has an immunity to Stun and the combo is used as a finisher therefore you have to wait out the 7 secs of immunity then use it. Dark Knight is a dmg dealer who can 1v1 most classes because it has both physical and magical dmg. It has high base defense but not a tank.

no it cant pvp most op classes dont give false hopes because this build is hard to play

ButteredToast
04-04-2014, 06:43 PM
I can't see how this is viable except in very specific situations. The cast time on meteor is quite long even with decent cast speed gear AND it's ground targeted. If you gank someone who isn't moving, perhaps afk or shopping this is fine ... as are a bunch of other skills. The one time I find meteor useful is to gank large guilds delivering trade packs. They are SLOW and moving in a clump. If you can be somewhere vaguely out of sight, you can pull off some serious initiation. For 1v1 pvp, people tend to be moving around too much to land a meteor even from stealth. It's much better to lead with an insta cast into cc into a channel into more cc if you have it.

I'm sorry that combo was in my opinion mainly meant for big groups of people that are trading :P

Sekkusu
04-04-2014, 07:39 PM
no it cant pvp most op classes dont give false hopes because this build is hard to play

Name an OP class.

SilverCrest
04-05-2014, 01:58 PM
wait gona quote your post

they get destroyed by anything with Protection, Conjury, or Necromancy. + will

Sekkusu
04-05-2014, 03:03 PM
wait gona quote your post

+ will

Dark Knight offers more tankiness for a melee than Politician with the Protection tree. If you silence them they can still use melee skills and if you disarm them they can still use spells. Spells cannot be blocked or parried, so Protection can't defend against them. They don't get countered by any of those trees since they can survive the bursts and can get around most defenses because they have 2 types of dmg. They can spar around unlike a Politician who is like an Archer without the range. They also scale with tankiness a whole lot better than Politician.

SilverCrest
04-05-2014, 03:49 PM
lol what if you silence them what...

whats about stun, paralyze, sleep, fear, root (know back if you dont have shield and use blockade) =?

this build laking of everything no gap closer or you see 12m is gap closer ?
you gona do less dmg with necromancy than every normal magic user because you equip is not magic focused =? ah ofc the high necromacy dmg is enough
every hide class gona attack you first because you dont have finesse tree or magic shield, so in most times you gona be dead first =? ah no you hope that you gona catch them with hell spears

Sekkusu
04-05-2014, 04:25 PM
lol what if you silence them what...

whats about stun, paralyze, sleep, fear, root (know back if you dont have shield and use blockade) =?

this build laking of everything no gap closer or you see 12m is gap closer ?
you gona do less dmg with necromancy than every normal magic user because you equip is not magic focused =? ah ofc the high necromacy dmg is enough
every hide class gona attack you first because you dont have finesse tree or magic shield, so in most times you gona be dead first =? ah no you hope that you gona catch them with hell spears

Dark Knight is a bruiser, they survive much longer than other classes that don't have Will. By your standard any build without Will is a bad build? Even Will is vulnerable to Fear, Root, and Bubble. There's no build that has an answer for everything. Lasso is a gap closer, Rush is still a gap closer even if it's just 12m. Energy Arrow can exhaust to slow. I did mention that the build lacks mobility but most builds do not have more than 2 escapes.

Necromancy dps does not scale well, so even if you focus on spellpower your dmg will not increase substantially. Normal magic users can only do more dmg with Energy Arrow. This is why Necromancy isn't a late game tree.

In the early game, anyone who gets on the other first usually wins. When Dark Knight gets on someone they can burst them down as well. In the late game, Dark Knight scale well with tankiness to survive the bursts. Protection isn't a useless tree, you don't have it just to be useless. Force Field and Invincibility can shut down ganks. Stealth nor Magic Shield can't save you from a gank.

Blockade wasn't included in the build.

SilverCrest
04-05-2014, 04:35 PM
By your standard any build without Will is a bad build?
no, it isnt.

im agreeing with you that its not bad build, but we started this discussion with you sentence

Dark Knight is a dmg dealer who can 1v1 most classes because it has both physical and magical dmg. and this is simply not true, it can pvp some classes but MOST is just to overstated

Sekkusu
04-05-2014, 04:47 PM
no, it isnt.

im agreeing with you that its not bad build, but we started this discussion with you sentence

and this is simply not true, it can pvp some classes but MOST is just to overstated

It can 1v1 most classes. Rage is very underrated and it boosts both your spellpower and your attack power by 300 at full stacks so you can put out very respectable amount of dmg. It also reduces spell dmg by 21% and add the Protection passives into that will help prevent you from being bursted. The only class that gives Dark Knight a lot of trouble is a well played Archer but Force Field can make it a stalemate or shut down their kite abilities if they ever get caught.

SilverCrest
04-05-2014, 04:55 PM
good that you see that you are not godly: archers YES,
next one pls burst mages =?
clown hermit =

Sekkusu
04-05-2014, 05:09 PM
good that you see that you are not godly: archers YES,
next one pls burst mages =?
clown hermit =

I already explained how to counter Archers. They can't shoot through Force Field, so they can't kill Dark Knight. If they get caught in Force Field, they're probably dead.

Clown is a joke for 1v1. They loose to a lot of match ups. The only thing they're good for is for ganking out of Stealth with Meteor.

Hermit is very problematic to a lot of classes. They are considered by most as the god of duels. But Dark Knight can do well against them with if you can survive the burst with Rage and Protection passives. They don't have anything after their burst combo is blown. You can lock them down with Silence and CCs.

Dark Knight isn't a godly build. No build is, but it is a versatile and capable duelist. When you reach around 10k HP or more you can beat most classes.

PaPanurgle
04-05-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm amazed how much theorycrafting this game has already for pvp... this just makes me wanna play more.. Can't wait to get into the game and fiddle with my character when i can create one. CHEERS for all the info about pvp!

FueledbyChrist
04-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Why is White knight not getting ANY love!? it's what I plan on running in NA anyone else?

krallang
04-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Soldier (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011001001101100012010111010100001131001010 100010110)

He's the current build I'm theorycrafting with. Relying on health and a bit of damage mitigation. Zero shield abilities as this will be a twohanded build. It seems for any melee focused build Warfare and Protection are required and the third skill comes down to personal preference. I've toyed with white knight, dark knight and a combination of the others.

Not having a chance to actually chain together combos myself yet I'm just playing things out in my head from the pvp videos i've watched.

I can understand how melee might be considered hard for some but with gap closers, stuns and slows I think a skilled player will be able to eat the burst then nom nom the squishies.

I have questions about the individual abilities in warfare and there are a few skills that are currently interchangeable but I'll be happy to take any criticism from players in the know.

I could see dropping willpower to 5 points and spending the other two in warfare for another slow and or immunity.

Possibly dropping the lvl 6 willpower passive and getting theft for an extra cc just incase idk. theorycrafting is so taunting sometimes lol.

Thanks

SilverCrest
04-06-2014, 06:23 AM
i would change it in 1h+shield

www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011111011110000112101000100110011130010100 110000000

Sekkusu
04-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Soldier (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011001001101100012010111010100001131001010 100010110)

He's the current build I'm theorycrafting with. Relying on health and a bit of damage mitigation. Zero shield abilities as this will be a twohanded build. It seems for any melee focused build Warfare and Protection are required and the third skill comes down to personal preference. I've toyed with white knight, dark knight and a combination of the others.

Not having a chance to actually chain together combos myself yet I'm just playing things out in my head from the pvp videos i've watched.

I can understand how melee might be considered hard for some but with gap closers, stuns and slows I think a skilled player will be able to eat the burst then nom nom the squishies.

I have questions about the individual abilities in warfare and there are a few skills that are currently interchangeable but I'll be happy to take any criticism from players in the know.

I could see dropping willpower to 5 points and spending the other two in warfare for another slow and or immunity.

Possibly dropping the lvl 6 willpower passive and getting theft for an extra cc just incase idk. theorycrafting is so taunting sometimes lol.

Thanks

Your build falls more in line of a full tank but the fact of the matter is; it's not very tanky nor does it deal any dmg. You can fix this by either going more tanky with a shield or at least get Prestidigitation and Turning Blades for both offensive and defensive purposes. Earthquake and Whirlwind deals better consistent dmg than Phantom Blow or Bolt of Heaven. The main purpose of the Will tree is generally for it's Blink and Energy Shield. There's no reason why you should not pick up Blink.

Bakemono
04-06-2014, 08:49 AM
What type of armor is best for Politician and Treasure Hunter?

Sekkusu
04-06-2014, 08:53 AM
What type of armor is best for Politician and Treasure Hunter?

Leathers for the range increase on Archers. You can choose between Plate and Leather on Politicians.

Bakemono
04-06-2014, 10:06 AM
What do you suggest for 2-hand politician or Dual wield? And depending on if i choose to go with a 2-handed weapon or 2 single-hand weapons, does the armor choice have an large affect on the set-up?

Sekkusu
04-06-2014, 11:40 AM
What do you suggest for 2-hand politician or Dual wield? And depending on if i choose to go with a 2-handed weapon or 2 single-hand weapons, does the armor choice have an large affect on the set-up?

2handers have the best burst and raw dmg for a melee. Leathers give you more Agility for more Crit and Evasion. Plate gives more HP.

Bakemono
04-06-2014, 01:02 PM
2handers have the best burst and raw dmg for a melee. Leathers give you more Agility for more Crit and Evasion. Plate gives more HP.

Thanks for feedback. I'm starting to see why you say politician isn't so good vs someone who is geared. But i'll try to make it work, worse case scenario; I could easily take out finesse for protection and become a soldier, hehe. I hope I see you in-game, if we end up on same server.

Xenoth
04-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Isn't it all based on ping? From what I've hear that influences classes a lot, especially archer.

Sekkusu
04-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks for feedback. I'm starting to see why you say politician isn't so good vs someone who is geared. But i'll try to make it work, worse case scenario; I could easily take out finesse for protection and become a soldier, hehe. I hope I see you in-game, if we end up on same server.

Well that's the least of your worries though. The most glaring weakness that Politician has is how easy it is to die in a group fight which happens a lot in AA. If you want to be effective you'll need a healer to constantly babysit you.

Isn't it all based on ping? From what I've hear that influences classes a lot, especially archer.

It does affect better Archers a lot because they rely heavily on micro managing to win fights. But other then that, not so much.

shadole
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM
im not really sure what would be the best build, if ever there is one.

Science the Pony
04-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Watching a ton of pvp videos there are a lot of good 1v1 builds and quite a large range of them too. The best all around build I've seen in my personal opinion that works in group and 1v1 is Death/Fort/Will. But like I said personally I like the style of that buid, I also like Dev/Will/Fort, another interesting variation.

NA/EU/RU/KR will all have different meta builds, I saw it a lot in Aion and GW2 the builds and group set ups are different in each region. Expect this to be true for AA as well. And I'm looking forward to it :)

Damon
04-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Necro/Devotion/Will is very strong right now imo.

jsolo15
04-09-2014, 03:27 PM
What got my attention to this game was the Angel of Death build.

I love 1 on 1 ganking...

Bakemono
04-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Thinking of removing Detection of Vulnerabilities for Unbeatable. (don't worry about that armsman passive, politicians will be using 2h; won't miss it)

Politician (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110011111000113001010010100000071110010 011100010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCZyFR295so

jsolo15
04-09-2014, 04:57 PM
I already explained how to counter Archers. They can't shoot through Force Field, so they can't kill Dark Knight. If they get caught in Force Field, they're probably dead.

Clown is a joke for 1v1. They loose to a lot of match ups. The only thing they're good for is for ganking out of Stealth with Meteor.

Hermit is very problematic to a lot of classes. They are considered by most as the god of duels. But Dark Knight can do well against them with if you can survive the burst with Rage and Protection passives. They don't have anything after their burst combo is blown. You can lock them down with Silence and CCs.

Dark Knight isn't a godly build. No build is, but it is a versatile and capable duelist. When you reach around 10k HP or more you can beat most classes.

What build do you use and do you have the Hermit build?

Sekkusu
04-09-2014, 05:00 PM
What build do you use and do you have the Hermit build?

I have a lot of builds span across 10 characters, all of em is over lvl 35 with some lvl 50s. I don't actually have a main build.

This is my build for Hermit (http://arche-base.com/builds/view/543-Hermit_Assassin).

Sekkusu
04-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Thinking of removing Detection of Vulnerabilities for Unbeatable. (don't worry about that armsman passive, politicians will be using 2h; won't miss it)

Politician (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110011111000113001010010100000071110010 011100010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCZyFR295so

It's these kinds of videos on youtube that give ppl a false impression on a build.

Bakemono
04-09-2014, 05:11 PM
It's these kinds of videos on youtube that give ppl a false impression on a build.

I linked this as reference so people get the general idea of how to properly combo with this build. And there is a build of a clown, tramp, angel of death, fighter, soldier, treasure hunter on youtube also; so, please make a better point. Then saying the video itself giving false impressions, as if i haven't played it myself on russian client....

Sekkusu
04-09-2014, 05:19 PM
I linked this as reference so people get the general idea of how to properly combo with this build. And there is a build of a clown, tramp, angel of death, fighter, soldier, treasure hunter on youtube also; so, please make a better point. Then saying the video itself giving false impressions, as if i haven't played it myself on russian client....

Most of the combos he did wasn't even combos. He could rarely locked one person down before they walked out of it. Most of the footages where flashy Blink into Shadowstep which requires no skill to do. All the kills were low lvl players and undergeared folks. He didn't take any dmg the entire video so it gives the impression that the build is tanky when it's one of the squishiest build. Any decent PVPer can pop him like a cherry.

Bakemono
04-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Most of the combos he did wasn't even combos. He could rarely locked one person down before they walked out of it. Most of the footages where flashy Blink into Shadowstep which requires no skill to do. All the kills were low lvl players and undergeared folks. He didn't take any dmg the entire video so it gives the impression that the build is tanky when it's one of the squishiest build. Any decent PVPer can pop him like a cherry.

You didn't watch the whole video, obviously. Everyone he attacked was lv50, and he was using combos. Stop showing so much bias against the class, and help people out with more constructive criticism. You seem like a hater.

Sekkusu
04-09-2014, 05:40 PM
You didn't watch the whole video, obviously. Everyone he attacked was lv50, and he was using combos. Stop showing so much bias against the class, and help people out with more constructive criticism. You seem like a hater.

That's clearly not the case. Anytime you see a Politician use Instantaneous Impact, it means that his combo is broken and he has done that mulitple time during his so-called combos. If you watch clearly a lot of them weren't lvl 50 and the most dmg he did was 4k and it took 2/3 of their HP which means they are undergeared. My Politician can do 7k to 1 hit ppl. I know what it's capable of. But in the entire video he did not face even one decent opponent. It shows only the kills where the situation was advantageous for him and so is the case for most of the youtube videos. Everyone who watches this will think that Politician is a good melee bruiser where they are not. They are assassins who's main purpose is to kill the squishy targets in 3 secs and if they can't they'll have to retreat or die. The video shows the contrary to this playstyle. It makes you believe that the class is actually tanky because he did not face even 1 good Tank, Archer or Mage. Remember there will be a lot of Archers in the game and they are the bane of Politicians. 2 Archers can kill you before you can Blink. Literally.

I don't like false infos. If I react in a way that make me look like a hater then so be it.

Bakemono
04-09-2014, 05:57 PM
That's clearly not the case. Anytime you see a Politician use Instantaneous Impact, it means that his combo is broken and he has done that mulitple time during his so-called combos. If you watch clearly a lot of them weren't lvl 50 and the most dmg he did was 4k and it took 2/3 of their HP which means they are undergeared. My Politician can do 7k to 1 hit ppl. I know what it's capable of. But in the entire video he did not face even one decent opponent. It shows only the kills where the situation was advantageous for him and so is the case for most of the youtube videos. Everyone who watches this will think that Politician is a good melee bruiser where they are not. They are assassins who's main purpose is to kill the squishy targets in 3 secs and if they can't they'll have to retreat or die. The video shows the contrary to this playstyle. It makes you believe that the class is actually tanky because he did not face even 1 good Tank, Archer or Mage. Remember there will be a lot of Archers in the game and they are the bane of Politicians. 2 Archers can kill you before you can Blink. Literally.

I don't like false infos. If I react in a way that make me look like a hater then so be it.

Oh, no doubt treasure hunter is better class than politician. I just think it's really bursty (I just think it's good melee dps) class. But looking at other players builds (not all); most of them are super terrible, cause they haven't played. I think the main bane of the politician is it's a great class, but will doesn't off enough support. Your point will be even more concrete in-game as energy shield is on c/d and a mage 2 shots me, hehe.

EDIT: I don't think this class specializes in anything besides burst and mobility. battlerage/shadowplay/defense could shut this class down. Especially once lv cap rises. I'd prefer battlerage/defense/auremancy for a legit tank, tho. take auremancy out for shadowplay for pvp build, i guess.

Sekkusu
04-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Oh, no doubt treasure hunter is better class than politician. I just think it's really bursty (I just think it's good melee dps) class. But looking at other players builds (not all); most of them are super terrible, cause they haven't played. I think the main bane of the politician is it's a great class, but will doesn't off enough support. Your point will be even more concrete in-game as energy shield is on c/d and a mage 2 shots me, hehe.

EDIT: I don't think this class specializes in anything besides burst and mobility. battlerage/shadowplay/defense could shut this class down. Especially once lv cap rises. I'd prefer battlerage/defense/auremancy for a legit tank, tho. take auremancy out for shadowplay for pvp build, i guess.

Oh yea, no doubt. If you want to have fun for the first 1-2 months of the server then go ahead and play Politician. After that it'll be a steady decline in power. Ppl will learn to play Archers and Tanks effectively. More ppl will reroll as Mages. That's when Politician become less and less useful.

Bakemono
04-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Oh yea, no doubt. If you want to have fun for the first 1-2 months of the server then go ahead and play Politician. After that it'll be a steady decline in power. Ppl will learn to play Archers and Tanks effectively. More ppl will reroll as Mages. That's when Politician become less and less useful.

First 2 months gonna be awesome, nothing like the being in an mmo right at release. Gonna see people running around like this...

http://notesfromthepeanutgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Colbert-kill-me.gif

Vray
04-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Which is better triple blow from Battlerage or Instantaneous Impact from Shadow play?

Bakemono
04-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Which is better triple blow from Battlerage or Instantaneous Impact from Shadow play?

Just get both.

Vray
04-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Just get both.

Seriously?? :)

krallang
04-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Okay I've edited my build, added spellshield and blink for willpower, switched some skills around to get pres, whirlwind and earthquake. After watching more pvp videos it seems these have more synergy. My only question is for a PVP build will it be better to have lasso and tripleblow this would require dropping painkiller and strongwill from the willpower tree. Also i could always replace strongwill with unbeatable.

Just trying to get a general build down before i begin playing

Soldier (www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=001110000111100112010111010100001130010110 100010100)

Any and all comments are appreciated, thankyou. Remember this is a twohanded build atm. I have another 1handed build planned that I am working out.

Sekkusu
04-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Triple Blow is required since you need it for the knockdown after Rush. Lasso is very useful in a lot of situations. Theft and Unbeatable is also very useful in PVP, I would take them over Absorption of Power.

krallang
04-10-2014, 01:17 AM
Ya I had theft in my first build, and had tripleblow in my first build aswell. For me Warfare and Protection will be my main builds with will as the afterthought. I could almost drop hammer for lasso aswell as I see reports that hammers dps isn't that impressive. It seems like just dropping my passive willpower skills will allow me to grab everything i need but 11 points in warfare seems a bit excessive. I think the 8 in prot can't be changed at all so its mainly just a give and take between what will have more synergy. Can't wait to get ingame and test this out. Where's my alpha key!!! RABBLE RABBLE

Sekkusu
04-10-2014, 01:32 AM
This is my personal Soldier build.

Soldier (http://arche-base.com/builds/view/699-Soldier_Main_Tank_Off_Melee)

krallang
04-10-2014, 01:40 AM
Ah cool its nice to know i theory crafted almost the same build. So the lvl 7 passive in warfare isn't worth it then for a soldier build? I can dig that. A few of the skills will be tweakable i guess depending on preference. I will be in groups most of the time so i try to keep that in consideration a bit with my build.

Thanks man.

Sekkusu
04-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Ah cool its nice to know i theory crafted almost the same build. So the lvl 7 passive in warfare isn't worth it then for a soldier build? I can dig that. A few of the skills will be tweakable i guess depending on preference. I will be in groups most of the time so i try to keep that in consideration a bit with my build.

Thanks man.

Yea the passive is great but you dont crit a lot so you can't really utilize it.

EunByuL
04-10-2014, 02:27 AM
It's pretty hard to pick a best build, because at time you won't be the one intitiating the fight and then combos like the Korean Clown build don't work as they usually do.

I like to believe a versatile (tanking/healing/damage) is the best option for world PvP. But of course the "go hard or go home" builds are gonna reign supreme because who doesn't want to finish off a guy in 1 series of combos?

Shamo
04-10-2014, 02:29 AM
Clown
Pathfinder
Grim Reaper
Polititian

Cucuna
04-10-2014, 03:39 AM
It greatly depends on what kind of PvP style you wanna play, also which class is more close to you.
If you prefer melee PvP you don't go for any Mage build only because you want to beat your opponent in 2 sec. That kills all the fun of the game.
This is probably one of the complex MMORPGs around, and being good at PvP will greatly depend on your as well as your opponents skill, usage of combos and timing.

For example I am running with Assasine build (http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.8.2/AAjv7PxK7AUK), because I like get in and get out PvP.
With this build even on lvl 33 (at that time skills were a bit different ofc), I was able to beat lvl 40 archer just because I initiated fight, and putted him under stun lock.
Damage output of this build is insane, defence is not that bad as well, specially against mages, when u pop up Rage which gives you 21% less magic damage taken, and Absorption (passive from Conjury tree) with 15% increase in magic def, add on this medium armor that has good magic as well as physical def, and u are nearly hard to kill if you are caught off-guard.

You have plenty of CC for every situation, last three skills in Conjury tree are more then enough to deal plenty of damage. If not my combo goes as follows, Broken Spirit -> Plunge (30% increased damage from broken spirit) -> Earthquake + Whirlwind (as whirlwind is instant cast and earthquake has cast time, they hit at the same time), opponent is knocked down, PLENTY time to get behind and use Phantom blow/Perforation. This should be enough to kill ANY mage, and take 80-90% HP from any medium of heavy armored opponent.
Don't forget that with Piercing (passive in Combat tree) after 1 critical hit you are ignoring 3000 armour of opponent, and thats huge.

Mustafonte
04-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Clown - Mage assassin,nice critical dmg, nice burst
Hermit - CC+burst dmg (OP in 1.0)
Angel of death - nice aoe, other mage assassin
Tresaure hunter- u can hit all ppl in 28 m ranger, u can stay away from all ppl, consistent dps
Dark knight - hybrid, sekkusu can talk better from this class
Politician- Melee assassin~burst dmg (i think 2h sword is better to this class)

Biesu
04-10-2014, 08:02 AM
It might be to early to tell trying to just copy paste from KR server usualy doesn't work all that well for EU. Completly different players mentality will create different class distribution and will affect playstyles. Tiron might also do some kind of in house balancing to the game making it different to KR or RU version. Soo i would consider all builds just a rough guideline what might work on EU.

jsolo15
04-10-2014, 08:23 AM
I have a lot of builds span across 10 characters, all of em is over lvl 35 with some lvl 50s. I don't actually have a main build.

This is my build for Hermit (http://arche-base.com/builds/view/543-Hermit_Assassin).

Do you have a preference, over the others. What kind of PvP are you into.

Me I love small group PvP; 6 on 6 or less
(Not a big fan of large zerg mentality, there really no skill in having the biggest group and killing everything in sight.)

When I'm alone, I like coming from stealth and ganking players out in the open world. Now not into killing newbie but anything from my level to about 10 level below me.
I was looking at it an the Angel of Death look great for it. (I prefer mage build)

Mustafonte
04-10-2014, 01:44 PM
if u wanna stealth and ganking, Hermit, Clown and Angel of death better choice in my opnion (mages builds) see some example builds here http://arche-base.com/builds/view/576-High_crict_burst_dmg_mage#7.9.8/msxvHkav3baK

Science the Pony
04-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Oo urh, this thread suddenly got bigger.

anyways if we posting videos, here are two videos with similar builds that I like running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG7c2M7OvWs Dev/Will/Frot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9DSBh0YmIU Death/Will/Fort

But I want to try something like this for EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTk1ds_33vA Dev/Death/Conjur

For me personally, its not burst damage that makes a good build, its being able to live through being ganked by 3+ people (and killing them) and also long fights, the last video displays this nicely with him killing I think 6 people with very little running away jumping back in type play.

Anyways I actually can't wait to see the builds that are going to pop up in EU during the first couple of months =P gonna be interesting and fun trying to think up of builds to counter them.

jsolo15
04-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Oo urh, this thread suddenly got bigger.

anyways if we posting videos, here are two videos with similar builds that I like running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG7c2M7OvWs Dev/Will/Frot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9DSBh0YmIU Death/Will/Fort

But I want to try something like this for EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTk1ds_33vA Dev/Death/Conjur

For me personally, its not burst damage that makes a good build, its being able to live through being ganked by 3+ people (and killing them) and also long fights, the last video displays this nicely with him killing I think 6 people with very little running away jumping back in type play.

Anyways I actually can't wait to see the builds that are going to pop up in EU during the first couple of months =P gonna be interesting and fun trying to think up of builds to counter them.

The Dev/Death/Conjur: look very interesting, to bad the guys doesn't link his build

LlexX
04-11-2014, 08:06 AM
I've talked to a few players (RU players) about best build for pvp, and the general consensus I got was, Archer. Yes, Archer! I was shocked to hear it at first; I didn't want to believe; however, Archer as the best build for pvp is putative on RU. I just want to get a take on what people on here think.
The players you talked to probably don't have much experience in PvP...

Archers are the best in big scale PvP fights.
Mages are the best in 1v1 and small scale PvP's. Because of this:

Bakemono
04-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Do you think it's okay for politician to wear leather for increased agility and crit, or is it mandatory we wear plate for increased survivability and HP?

Science the Pony
04-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Do you think it's okay for politician to wear leather for increased agility and crit, or is it mandatory we wear plate for increased survivability and HP?

I've seen both work just as well, so personal preference I say.

Leveling a Politician myself for giggles and stuff, and I'm going full plate, as I get more than enough MR from Will. Crit is the problem, need some pretty decent plate gear to get enough.

Daggmask
04-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have any experience in RU/KR in PVP with the Spy class? I've been lookng for a pure-melee assassin, and this one seems like it's about the only one. Obviously its not PURE melee, but it's basically the one "assassin" type class I've found that doesn't use magic.

How viable is Spy? I suppose it'd be really easy to get kited, but besides that? Any good?

Thanks!

Science the Pony
04-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Does anyone have any experience in RU/KR in PVP with the Spy class? I've been lookng for a pure-melee assassin, and this one seems like it's about the only one. Obviously its not PURE melee, but it's basically the one "assassin" type class I've found that doesn't use magic.

How viable is Spy? I suppose it'd be really easy to get kited, but besides that? Any good?

Thanks!

Their on par with Politician for damage, but lack the mobility from will, they make up for it with stronger ranged poking.

Youtubing it showed a cool video for the specc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f2tCOcX79I I laughed my balls off at the use of [Rise]!

Aurelius Luna
04-13-2014, 06:21 PM
nice post guys .

Daggmask
04-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Awesome. Thank you a ton! I'm actually just looking into Politician now, and it kinda seems more like my class, as there isn't really any casting involved, and the skills you get from Will would provide a lot of really nice mobility with blink, and the cc break.

Science the Pony
04-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Awesome. Thank you a ton! I'm actually just looking into Politician now, and it kinda seems more like my class, as there isn't really any casting involved, and the skills you get from Will would provide a lot of really nice mobility with blink, and the cc break.

:) Glad we could be of service! Also have a look at Inquisitor, in group combat its Politicians damage, but instead of will you get devotion for survability and support.

Also heres a Politician with end game gear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt4ENbWg74Y

Vibe
04-14-2014, 12:53 AM
Can't decide between Politician or Fighter for EU release. Will probably go for Fighter since everyone and their mothers will be Politicians.

iceman
04-14-2014, 02:42 AM
Their on par with Politician for damage

I can't agree with that. Pre 1.0 Spy (RU server) got hunters mark and bleed from archery tree which are increasing dmg (In 1.0 hunters mark is moved from archery to calling if im not wrong but still bleed comes from archery tree). Spy is a pure glass cannon. No extra mobility nor survivability, just highest possible melee dmg.

Lucifer
04-14-2014, 05:27 AM
http://arche-base.com/builds/view/818-Champion

Science the Pony
04-14-2014, 01:45 PM
I can't agree with that. Pre 1.0 Spy (RU server) got hunters mark and bleed from archery tree which are increasing dmg (In 1.0 hunters mark is moved from archery to calling if im not wrong but still bleed comes from archery tree). Spy is a pure glass cannon. No extra mobility nor survivability, just highest possible melee dmg.

Well the depends how you are geared, Spy's (mates who are still on KR) I talked to have less melee strength than most Politician's, due to giving up some force for more agility and vitality to balance out the ranged damage and survivability. And Arrow Bomb is the bee's knee's =P.
Also if you going 100% melee damage on spy, then you building for pve only.

I'm personally on RU now for better ping (Hunters mark is still in Wild), and have been leveling a Politician, but recent swapped Will out for Wild, just to see what its like and leveling it up a bit, and I've been enjoying it more.

Still as fun as these builds are, my main will still be Dev/Death/Conjur.