PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Producer Update #4: Auroria, Land, Sieges, and looking forward

Pages : [1] 2

FireCait
11-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Hi, everyone – We wanted to get you an update on all that’s important before the week was out.

Auroria’s Release

We know how much many of you prepared for, and were looking forward to, Auroria this week. Like you, we do wish it would have gone more smoothly. For those who aren’t aware, there was a communications bug in our build that included the Auroria release. This bug was causing disconnections in the North America release. We caught and fixed it before Europe saw it.

For those of you who were affected by it: You deserve better, plain and simple. We share your disappointment. We’re working hard to make sure something like that can’t happen ever again.

Unfortunately, it was a bug that only shows up at full, live scale. We test builds over multiple days internally, and this one never reared its ugly head. We wish as much as you do that it would have, so we could have caught it early.

As a result, by the time Auroria shipped in North America, the servers were steadily around 80% of the population we would have expected. The game was playable; it just wasn’t at all the smooth experience it was supposed to be. For that we apologize, and we promise to do better.

The disconnection bug initially presented as if it was a problem with the systems that are used to patch files to your computer, systems which are under our management. Like most developers, we immediately assumed the problem was on our side, and not a problem in the game itself. At the time, we were confident that that was where the problem lay, because the game tested out perfectly well in prior days. That was our error. Words don’t exist to describe how sorry we are for missing that diagnosis.

By the time the bug was properly diagnosed, people had already made significant progress. The Auroria build itself was so complex that there was no reasonable way to go backwards to give everyone a second try. Even pausing the action by suspending the servers would not have changed the outcome at that point.

Among the things that we’re doing to avoid this in the future, we have accelerated our plans for a Public Test Server. It will be in place before the next major build is released. While we can’t guarantee that it would have caught this issue, we know that it would have had a higher chance of happening there, and as such, getting that new Test Server out there is among our highest priorities. Stay tuned over the next couple weeks for updates on the new Test Server.

Auroria’s Land

During the release we were supervising the land claims using both modern and old-school methods - watching data in real time, as well as monitoring activities on servers ourselves and investigating as people were being called out on servers. It was important to us to make sure that our recent protections against people using 3rd party software have been working. We’re happy to report that, by and large, they have been.

I won’t link to the hacker forums here, but those of you who read them have seen that the two biggest 3rd party programs were taken offline with the release of Auroria. We apologize for not being able to announce that ahead of time. We’re happy to say that now, instead of solely being reactive to them and banning them after the fact, we’re also able to protect against them before they can do any harm.

How did the land work out? There are tens of thousands of new, legitimate land owners in ArcheAge.

There were under 20 people, out of everyone online that day, globally, who ended up with more land claims than would have been reasonable. The overwhelming majority of land was claimed by to people just like you, who play the game legitimately and are here to be great members of the ArcheAge community. We were able to verify many as being guilds who coordinated extremely well. We are continuing to investigate the rest, and will action and remove their gains as necessary.

While this was an important positive step, the fight continues. There will be more tools built in to the client over the coming days and weeks to handle illicit modding as well as protect against future potential hacks. Keep in mind that we generally are only able to talk about them once they’ve launched and have proven effective, as giving bad actors a heads up as to what’s coming specifically often reduces the effectiveness of the things we do. Stay tuned for those releases!

In general, we do ask that you keep in mind that bad actors remain a minuscule fraction of the entire Archeage population. The majority of what we investigated as reports of “hacks” or “illegal land grabs” were people playing legitimately and coordinating well by maximizing their use of in-game classes, strategies, and tools available - which is much of what a winning strategy in ArcheAge is.

As ArcheAge is a competitive game, we know that missing out hurts more than in a typical PvE game, but very few of what people report or perceive as “hacks” actually turn out to be that. More people understanding that will only help the game’s community in the long term.

What Worked Well

On a more positive note, we’ve heard from many of you that the play was exactly what you had been hoping for, and that you did get to experience some of the best gameplay that ArcheAge has to offer.

We saw rival guilds work together to hold chokepoints against hundreds of people. We saw honor guards sacrifice themselves to protect their miners in the race to mine the Anya veins. We saw massive player-driven politics and team-based PvP exactly as it’s supposed to play out. We saw pirates band together to help out “the little guy” guild in the face of what would otherwise have been overwhelming opposition.

The best part about that, is this kind of play has only just begun.

The Era of the Siege Dawns

We know some guilds feel like they missed out on the chance to get their castle. But the whole point of ArcheAge’s siege system is that castles can be taken.

Soon the Siege Declarations for every claimed zone will appear on the auction house. Those guilds powerful enough (and wealthy enough) to bid on them will compete for the right to lay siege to whichever castle they choose. And then the real fun begins.

This is the high-level pvp we’ve been waiting for. There is no zerg strategy in siege. You think your crew is worth a dozen of theirs? This is your chance to prove it. To sweeten the deal, you’ll be fighting for the most important prize of all: land, and all the benefits that come from its ownership.

Surrounding each guild’s Archeum Lodestone is a special housing area, known as a castle area. It is reserved for the ruling guild to place their houses and construct their fortifications. If you take the lodestone in a siege, the castle zone is yours… along with all the land inside. The Lord of each castle gains the right to destroy unwanted houses in that area, making room for his or her loyal guildmates, and forcing the defeated army out into the cold.

This means that a large housing area in each claimable zone is ALWAYS there for the taking—assuming you have the strength to do so.
Keep stockpiling your stone and lumber. Keep those Anya ingots handy. And prepare for the best that ArcheAge has to offer.
The real fight is just beginning.

Two Other Updates

We also have updates for you on a couple other topics that we know you care about – Spam and Patron Discounts.

In additional good news, Trion’s learning spam filter also arrived in this build of ArcheAge. You can report spammers in game, as you always should have been able to, and the system will learn how to smartly block them over time. Many of you have noticed this and have been reporting away, and we definitely appreciate it. Keep feeding that filter – it’s hungry for your clicks! It takes a week or so to learn, and we look forward to being that much closer to a spam-free future. This was the last big step to getting there.

And lastly, the 10% patron discount will take effect in the form of a 10% bonus to Credit Pack purchases beginning later today. In addition, the 10% bonus credits from any Credit Packs purchases made after Head Start while you were a patron will be granted later today. This is something we’re able to roll out independently, without adding more workload on the game’s developer. As such, we’ve agreed that this is the best way to get a great benefit into your hands as rapidly as possible. Details on how this will work and the reasoning around it will be elsewhere in the forums soon.

Thank you very much, and we really appreciate your patronage in ArcheAge!

- Victoria

Thojorkill
11-07-2014, 01:58 PM
My patronage is done - you guys basically ♥♥♥♥ed 25% of your playerbase with the auroria fiasco. Trion and XL are incompetent - spin it any way you want. I also want my 10% discount on store purchases refunded to me via cold hard cash...

Update: I've since contacted my CC company and successfully disputed every charge made to Trion for this trainwreck of a game - founders pack - credit purchases - and patron charges. Bite my ♥♥♥... There should be land soon available in Lilyut right off the river next to the crafting area squashed in-between dewstone and lilyut hills 2 16x16's and 2 8x8's!

Keri
11-07-2014, 02:01 PM
This game will be dead in 1-2 Months good job Trion.

reese
11-07-2014, 02:02 PM
80% of what you expected? cue south park, really? <high squeeky voice> REALLY? any further comment probably get me banded, but usually I prefer dinner and wine before getting....

Barb
11-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Nice to know there will be a 10% bonus on future purchase. But what about the 10% bonus on past purchases? Just curious.

Cathgar666
11-07-2014, 02:05 PM
You may be sorry it happened but that does not help the players/patrons that were screwed over and could not log in for 12 hours+.
And we were more or less told that what you will be doing with the 10% bonus was not possible, if it was as it seems why has it taken so long and why no mention of the retroactive credits owing to patrons whom have previously bought credit packs.

nutterbird
11-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks for taking the time and effort to write the wall of text. Unfortunately I no longer have faith in XLGAMES and especially TRION WORLDS and am on my way to getting a refund. You cannot keep a happy client base by just apologizing over and over and over and making the same mistakes.

I'm done, peace.

Cydonius
11-07-2014, 02:07 PM
"The Auroria build itself was so complex that there was no reasonable way to go backwards to give everyone a second try. Even pausing the action by suspending the servers would not have changed the outcome at that point."

You had a backup when you took down the server prior to Auroria patch, you should have reverted to that and avoided all the complexity of auroria. That was the only option that would have helped everyone. Im sure the big guilds could have re-organised themselves to retake the castles just as quickly while those that were left outside the game for 24 hours could have actually been ingame also to do whatever they wanted to do.

Also, as to the 80% figure ingame .. that is unbelievable. Just from the amount of people posting on the forums and from the wide sample of people talking about it in my server (and not posting on forum) there was much more, I'd say closer to 50%.

Ember1017
11-07-2014, 02:08 PM
And lastly, the 10% patron discount will take effect in the form of a 10% bonus to Credit Pack purchases beginning later today. This is something we’re able to roll out independently, without adding more workload on the game’s developer. As such, we’ve agreed that this is the best way to get a great benefit into your hands as rapidly as possible. Details on how this will work and the reasoning around it will be elsewhere in the forums soon.

- Victoria

No mention of it being retroactive, like was promised numerous times. Only, "purchases beginning later today". We got royally hosed on this.

FireCait
11-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Nice to know there will be a 10% bonus on future purchase. But what about the 10% bonus on past purchases? Just curious.

We'll be posting more details on the 10% bonus shortly. If you purchased a credit pack while you were a patron any time after Headstart, you'll get the bonus applied to those purchases too.

Riggsville
11-07-2014, 02:09 PM
nevermind
maybe

Chlebo
No no wait dont believe in ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ i dont care about auroria.... and losing this land to hakers who actualy selling all this...
today i tried to claim land in solz but haker 1 level took it from our 40 people group.. i was in raid of 10 people this dude went offline literaly after he claimed it....
I dont search anymore for demolished lands because still hakers claim it.... THIS HAPPEND TODAY 3 hours AGO. CAPITO?

Do u understand problem is not fixed FireCait???

Make freaking limitation of 1 land/week. Make requirement of 50lvl to claim land other then 8x8. Third if u want claim second land and so on u need to spent 200 hours in game. FIX IT NOOBS! NOW

Keeegs
What about the fact land on Kyrios was literally gone in 2 seconds? There simply isn't enough land and the process to get land is obviously easily cheatable, all you need is an autoclicker or to change game files to remove the confirmation build button!

Chlebo
FireCait ur post is bullcrap either u fix problem or not! Time is tiking
I want see those restrictions in game or better... i want also see keeping track on people that even with 50lvl and 200hours claim each 1 week new land. THIS IS 100% win resolution to problem i dont care if u would have to go china and b*ow some small D*ck do it!

Ember1017
11-07-2014, 02:10 PM

The producer stated:
a 10% bonus to Credit Pack purchases beginning later today.

BilBoBongins
11-07-2014, 02:10 PM
nobody gives a ♥♥♥♥. too late. Nothing short of a full rollback + putting off auroria till you can handle it will save your ♥♥♥♥♥.

I know you are seeing massive drop offs in population. Good job idiots.

rocdog
11-07-2014, 02:11 PM
I don't know about other servers, but our guild claimed a keep and we weren't the ones who did most, or even a large part, of the land claiming.

Nomi
11-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Since the Trion World production teams seems to be out of touch with the player base and reality in general, you may want to take a few moments to read: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/07/lost-continent-its-getting-harder-to-like-archeage/#continued

Key notes:

"Except, whoops, large portions of the playerbase weren't able to get in game during this Auroria land rush. In an inexplicable return to the woes of launch week, ArcheAge's servers served up random "the gods have disconnected you" messages, character screen crashes, and Hackshield errors that conspired to keep a significant number of players offline during Auroria's debut. Those problems were largely solved by the following morning, and it says here that the server techs and various IT people who likely stayed up all night dealing with those thankless tasks should in fact be thanked.

But Trion's decision-makers, notably whoever thought it was acceptable to leave the servers online during a competitive launch event that was plagued with connectivity issues, should be taken to task."

"XL isn't blameless, either, though its hard to discern exactly where Trion's buffoonery ends and XL's begins due to the former's PR smokescreen and the latter's lack of visibility outside of Korea."

Sandria
11-07-2014, 02:13 PM
We'll be posting more details on the 10% bonus shortly. If you purchased a credit pack while you were a patron any time after Headstart, you'll get the bonus applied to those purchases too.

So those of us who had "purchased" credits as a result of the founder and start packs are left out in the cold? Good to know.

FireCait
11-07-2014, 02:14 PM
I just updated the original post to clarify the patron benefit.

In addition, the 10% bonus credits from any Credit Packs purchases made after Head Start while you were a patron will be granted later today.

Ember1017
11-07-2014, 02:15 PM
So those of us who had "purchased" credits as a result of the founder and start packs are left out in the cold? Good to know.
Yup, we now know what they think of us that supported them with dollars.

Keeegs
11-07-2014, 02:16 PM

When will you guys fix the land claiming system so it can't be so easily cheated.

Also why don't you guys at least acknowledge in Bug reports? We have a 17 page bug report where FPS drops to 1-5 because of Fishing boats without a single post from trion!

NiburuSUN
11-07-2014, 02:17 PM

Whats with the 11k from my Archeum Founders Pack ?

DOITNASTY
11-07-2014, 02:18 PM
What about the farm wagon upgrade ticket any plans to add it?

Necrotic Clam
You know what, ive been reading all these threads and replies and just sitting back in disgust. I am a patron paying monthly. I wasn't stupid or wealthy enough to dump 150+ bucks into this game at once so I have no sympathy for people who did and are complaining about their expenditure and disappointments. I was indeed upset with the auroria release mainly because I just wasn't able to play. I have a little 8x8 in arcum on Tahyang. its good enough for me. I don't care for pixilated houses its a waste of time imo. But some people do and I get that. But what in God's name do you think you will achieve by hootin' n' hollerin' in these threads??? Apparently nothing. I agree the service was terrible with that release. But maybe put yourself in their shoes? they most likely did test the patch and so when this did happen they were probably running around like chickens with their heads cut off freaking out wondering why they didn't catch this. Cursing at them over an online thread and bashing them only makes yourself look immature.

Having vented now, I for one appreciate the time Trion took to write this post. Obviously it only takes a minute to type a few words but that's besides the point. This is an awesome game with incredibly features. As long as Trion learns from their mistakes and work out all the kinks, this will continue to be an amazing game. I fully intend to continue playing through the next major patch, and if this same thing occurs then it would be time to hang it up. But ranting and raving is just immature and annoying. Thanks :)

Atlas

Just for clarification. The people who purchased founder packs, the same people you advertised the 10% discount on all purchases, get nothing?

Acoa
11-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure that I expected anything but this rubbish. Sad to see such a promising game being run into the ground like this.

10% bonus on future purchases....what about all those thousands, if not millions, players spent in the store prior? Your subscription package states that they should have been given their discount......You spun this like you're doing us a favor.

Expected or not, many thousands of players could not actively participate. You think that 20% of your playerbase not being able to participate is acceptable? Shocking.

Arrowny
11-07-2014, 02:21 PM
First of all @FireCait thank you for a response on the issue. Many of us would have been much happier if the new build was tested on a test server well before the release date. As a large community we, just as much as you, want the game to work for us. Take Eve Online for example... the devs use the test server to test things for months in advanced well before it is realesed onto the Tranquility server. This helps the player base and hardcore players expose faults and bugs, identify crash issues, and so much more. It allows all of you to not stress as much as we have for each relase of the game. I am happy to see that you are planning a test server for the game as this will help us help you and for you to deliver the product you want. People may hate the fact players still support you... but I wonder how many people gave death threats and wanted to sue Bioware for the ending of Mass Effect 3. From what I recall between 84-90 million people signed a facebook petition demanding Bioware fix the ending of that game... put it this way folks the game here is still on going. Mass effect 3 was an amazing game then the last five minuts ou just needed to turn of your computer, xbox, etc.

We are still waiting for over 80% of the available land for property. Now before anyone yells at me for being a land barron let me tell you that I have one property. I own the guild hall for my guild... I don't use it for my own farming I instead give it freely to the guild so that they may grow things they need for their professions. Do I wish I had 30 properties? Hell yes I do... In eve online do I wish I woned every M64 moon in the game? Hell yes I do. Will it happen? Maybe. Keep in mind though you will never see a 3,000 vs 3000 person battle in archeage it has a strong purpose. You can always fight your way to destroy a castle and then provide land for your guild. Those who have the best pvp squds will prevail and those who cannot will fall. Though the game is not a true sandbox [ IE Eve Online, UO, etc ] it does have some nice features about it. Many people look the game as a cash grab... but look at other games as well. Any free to play game wants to make money off people... hello... that is why the majority of games are going free to play. Micro transactions are lucrative and get money fast.

Now to side with the flammers... yes the customer service team does need help and it does need to improve response times. @Scapre @FireCait if you need help there are those in the community who would gladly assist you to keep a game that has so much potential going. I want to make it clear that I was unable to get on during the new update... and to be fair I didn't really care that much. Though for those guild leaders of large guilds that couldn't get on... it does suck. More castles do need to be opened up soon. That is however how you keep us on our toes.

Dakotah
11-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Hmm. Really looking forward to hearing about this 10% bonus.
Because from the way you are wording it here, once again we aren't getting what we were promised.

10% off the marketplace. APEX credits should count.
Founders credits should count.
If they don't you are just proving our distrust in you more.

Thojorkill
11-07-2014, 02:24 PM
First of all @FireCait thank you for a response on the issue. Many of us would have been much happier if the new build was tested on a test server well before the release date. As a large community we, just as much as you, want the game to work for us. Take Eve Online for example... the devs use the test server to test things for months in advanced well before it is realesed onto the Tranquility server. This helps the player base and hardcore players expose faults and bugs, identify crash issues, and so much more. It allows all of you to not stress as much as we have for each relase of the game. I am happy to see that you are planning a test server for the game as this will help us help you and for you to deliver the product you want. People may hate the fact players still support you... but I wonder how many people gave death threats and wanted to sue Bioware for the ending of Mass Effect 3. From what I recall between 84-90 million people signed a facebook petition demanding Bioware fix the ending of that game... put it this way folks the game here is still on going. Mass effect 3 was an amazing game then the last five minuts ou just needed to turn of your computer, xbox, etc.

We are still waiting for over 80% of the available land for property. Now before anyone yells at me for being a land barron let me tell you that I have one property. I own the guild hall for my guild... I don't use it for my own farming I instead give it freely to the guild so that they may grow things they need for their professions. Do I wish I had 30 properties? Hell yes I do... In eve online do I wish I woned every M64 moon in the game? Hell yes I do. Will it happen? Maybe. Keep in mind though you will never see a 3,000 vs 3000 person battle in archeage it has a strong purpose. You can always fight your way to destroy a castle and then provide land for your guild. Those who have the best pvp squds will prevail and those who cannot will fall. Though the game is not a true sandbox [ IE Eve Online, UO, etc ] it does have some nice features about it. Many people look the game as a cash grab... but look at other games as well. Any free to play game wants to make money off people... hello... that is why the majority of games are going free to play. Micro transactions are lucrative and get money fast.

Now to side with the flammers... yes the customer service team does need help and it does need to improve response times. @Scapre @FireCait if you need help there are those in the community who would gladly assist you to keep a game that has so much potential going. I want to make it clear that I was unable to get on during the new update... and to be fair I didn't really care that much. Though for those guild leaders of large guilds that couldn't get on... it does suck. More castles do need to be opened up soon. That is however how you keep us on our toes.

Oh you poor clueless fool. It doesn't work like that. Also, *ONE* only *ONE* siege in the history of the game since its inception in ALL MARKETS has ever been successfully done. Good luck folks.

Branwulf
11-07-2014, 02:26 PM
I think there's some bigger underlying problems that are slowly draining my enthusiasm as at this point, a fairly long time ArcheAge fan. Call me cynical but time after time changes have been made that push people into using microtransactions. You've 'normalised' mounts taking away any sense of achievement for getting something like Black Arrow, Thunder Dash or rarer bred mounts. Now you've done the same to gliders and for what? So that people can buy something the same from the cash shop instead of being rewarded for efforts in game.

Here's a reality check for Trion, ArcheAge is not a balanced game, it never has been and probably never will be, don't try and make things more 'fair' by forcing fundamental changes on core parts of the game without either asking the community, testing it publicly or even warning people.

It's nice that you're admitting that mistakes have been made but that doesn't cover business decisions that have or will negatively impact the game in the long run. You are taking away goals for people by making them fell redundant while providing easy and RMT based alternatives, it's not exactly subtle. This is a bad road you are going down and eventually you are going to go a step too far.

masamune
11-07-2014, 02:33 PM
No no wait dont believe in ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ i dont care about auroria.... and losing this land to hakers who actualy selling all this...
today i tried to claim land in solz but haker 1 level took it from our 40 people group.. i was in raid of 10 people this dude went offline literaly after he claimed it....
I dont search anymore for demolished lands because still hakers claim it.... THIS HAPPEND TODAY 3 hours AGO. CAPITO?

Do u understand problem is not fixed FireCait???

Make freaking limitation of 1 land/week. Make requirement of 50lvl to claim land other then 8x8. Third if u want claim second land and so on u need to spent 200 hours in game. FIX IT NOOBS! NOW

very poorly written and point doesnt get across. but limitation of 1 land/week. Make requirement of 50lvl to claim land other then 8x8. Third if u want claim second land and so on u need to spent 200 hours in game. would be some decent fix ideas. specially the one per week idea imho. but dude forreal talk calm your ♥♥♥♥ bro/sis and the point would be more well taken.

WBC
11-07-2014, 02:33 PM
In short, normal patron are covered but founder patron are screwed.

ironicsilence
11-07-2014, 02:37 PM

this. I guess the process for giving out 10% of the credits bought since go live must be drastically different then whatever process is needed to give out 10% of the credits I got from my alpha founders

bigzz
11-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Ok so i bought the $150 founder pack which comes with 18,500 credits, I also purchased 8,500 credits, and then another 18,500 credits. So in total I should recieve an additional 4,550 credits, correct?

Synthetic CK
11-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Other than the credits thing (which sounds like it leaves us founders in the cold), none of this is useful information. "Don't forget to spend more money for that discount!"

This is something we’re able to roll out independently, without adding more workload on the game’s developer.
Heaven forbid.

SuperDuper
11-07-2014, 02:41 PM
It's too late, no roll back? Everything we prep is worthless now.

Jdubz
11-07-2014, 02:44 PM
I will never pay any real money for this game again.

Sandria
11-07-2014, 02:45 PM

You've misread. What I'm assuming is that those who purchased the founder and starter packs, which included credits in the packages, get nothing and are left high and dry because those credits were not an independent purchase.

Snit
And lastly, the 10% patron discount will take effect in the form of a 10% bonus to Credit Pack purchases beginning later today. In addition, the 10% bonus credits from any Credit Packs purchases made after Head Start while you were a patron will be granted later today.

Thank you for getting this done. It is meaningful.

As for the Auroria launch, the apology is a good start. I wish you had the technology to grant serverwide bonuses, too. Various other games have become so good at 'apologizing' in this matter, that players actually *like* some of the screw-ups ;)

DragonAlex

And whats with the purchased credits bevore the Headstart from Founders packs?
How often you want to fool the Founders?!?

Auss
11-07-2014, 02:47 PM
How shortly do you assume !?

klaern
11-07-2014, 02:49 PM
That was so overly word-smithed that it comes across as evil villain type propaganda... Like Panem addressing the citizens of the various districts... reassuring us they're on our side.

siit
11-07-2014, 02:51 PM
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/07/lost-continent-its-getting-harder-to-like-archeage/?hubRefSrc=permalink#lf-content=100309860:233491929

Valor got screwed, no excuses. Unacceptable. TRION owes Valor a Public Apology

Object
11-07-2014, 02:53 PM
What about credit pack purchases made before headstart?

Ember1017

Yup, unless the decided to do yet another edit. I would like to think they would show those that bought Founders the same support those people showed the game by buying the Founders packs.

Reapor
Ur all so butthurt i had a migraine patch day so i slept it off came back and did my farm the next morning, its just a game >_>

Xym
So basically.... We screw up badly, we have screwed up continually since release, but don't worry it will be all better. Just keep giving us money and we will figure it out sooner or later?

But for those we screwed..... have a nice day.

ironicsilence
11-07-2014, 02:56 PM
at what point does server traffic was higher then we expected stop being a valid excuse for a ♥♥♥♥ show? This isnt the first game trion has been apart of, nor is it the first MMO. Server lag is not acceptable. The auroria launch was more a slideshow then anything else.

olek
11-07-2014, 02:56 PM
FireCait thank you for great informative post. Please continue. I am very happy now. I knew you work hard but first time get the details. I always was very curious how Trion will handle different hard moments and must say you always succeded. What you have done to hackers is very impressive. Please continue good work.

klaern
11-07-2014, 02:57 PM
So basically.... We screw up badly, we have screwed up continually since release, but don't worry it will be all better. Just keep giving us money and we will figure it out sooner or later?

But for those we screwed..... have a nice day.That is basically what I read too, yup.

Cydonius
11-07-2014, 02:58 PM
FireCait thank you for great informative post. Please continue. I am very happy now. I knew you work hard but first time get the details. I always was very curious how Trion will handle different hard moments and must say you always succeded. What you have done to hackers is very impressive. Please continue good work.

What's that brown spot on your nose? Better wipe it off before people notice ....

klaern
11-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Ur all so butthurt i had a migraine patch day so i slept it off came back and did my farm the next morning, its just a game >_>Ya, it's no big deal for a company to treat its customers like crap. We should all be totally accepting of that.

I like how the post didn't address the extreme customer service waits at all. No one cares about that... nope...

sSaSs
11-07-2014, 02:59 PM
whene will the 1.7 patch come out ? it's the only way to save archeage at this point ...

taramjwi
11-07-2014, 03:00 PM
" And lastly, the 10% patron discount will take effect in the form of a 10% bonus to Credit Pack purchases beginning later today. In addition, the 10% bonus credits from any Credit Packs purchases made after Head Start while you were a patron will be granted later today. This is something we’re able to roll out independently, without adding more workload on the game’s developer. As such, we’ve agreed that this is the best way to get a great benefit into your hands as rapidly as possible. Details on how this will work and the reasoning around it will be elsewhere in the forums soon. "
that is not an acceptable solution. the original founders packs include a 10% discount on market purchase. not just discounts on credit packs.. really underhanded thing to do.

Thrakhath
11-07-2014, 03:01 PM
And lastly, the 10% patron discount will take effect in the form of a 10% bonus to Credit Pack purchases beginning later today. In addition, the 10% bonus credits from any Credit Packs purchases made after Head Start while you were a patron will be granted later today. This is something we’re able to roll out independently, without adding more workload on the game’s developer. As such, we’ve agreed that this is the best way to get a great benefit into your hands as rapidly as possible. Details on how this will work and the reasoning around it will be elsewhere in the forums soon.

- Victoria

A lot of folks have already asked the question about founders packs many of which were probably purchased prior to headstart and seem to not be covered. I dunno if ya'll plan to address that when you relase more information regarding the 10% discounts, but I also want to point out that for a while during Alpha (also before Head Start, of course), folks were encourage to purchase credits to help test the marketplaces functionality. Of course the credits (the default values) were refunded (if they were spent during Alpha) and they WERE made available once Head Start hit. But I also want to make sure those purchases aren't being over looked and these folks aren't being screwed over.

TL;DR

Folks are looking for a statement regarding if credit purchases made prior to Head Start, and founder pack credits will also be figured in when ya'll (Trion) start doling out these credits. And if you're for whatever unable to cover those pre-Head Star periods, you can expect folks to be upset. Putting off telling us won't change that either.

Another thing occurred to me as I continued to read posts on this thread. This solution currently does nothing for folks that use Apex. Will folks be receiving a 10% bonus as well to all APEX they've consumed? If so, then that's another hole that's not being covered and should probably be addressed?

ieJkee
when ayanad will be availiable. Auroria - useless

Thojorkill
firecait thank you for great informative post. Please continue. I am very happy now. I knew you work hard but first time get the details. I always was very curious how trion will handle different hard moments and must say you always succeded. What you have done to hackers is very impressive. Please continue good work.

w
t
f
?

Ember1017
11-07-2014, 03:03 PM
A lot of folks have already asked the question about founders packs many of which were probably purchased prior to headstart and seem to not be covered. I dunno if ya'll plan to address that when you relase more information regarding the 10% discounts, but I also want to point out that for a while during Alpha (also before Head Start, of course), folks were encourage to purchase credits to help test the marketplaces functionality. Of course the credits (the default values) were refunded (if they were spent during Alpha) and they WERE made available once Head Start hit. But I also want to make sure those purchases aren't being over looked and these folks aren't being screwed over.

TL;DR

Folks are looking for a statement regarding if credit purchases made prior to Head Start, and founder pack credits will also be figured in when ya'll (Trion) start doling out these credits. And if you're for whatever unable to cover those pre-Head Star periods, you can expect folks to be upset. Putting off telling us won't change that either.

I totally agree that we need clarification on this. I am not a Founder, but holy heck are they getting hosed hard by the producer's letter as it is written now.

Pops123
11-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Gee now you can do it? You don't want to bother XL? Then what was all the other ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ statements about being unable?

Media blasts you and suddenly you can do it?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Vorender
11-07-2014, 03:07 PM
My patron status has been cancelled. You guys are dead to me.

Synthetic CK
11-07-2014, 03:08 PM
w
t
f
?
Dat Trion alt account. Scapes r teh funneh.

olek
11-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Cydinius Go do what you do means gank łow levels, cheat on AH or whatever. you are just nothing to me no honor and no brain. Typical ArcheAge dirt.

DancingShade
11-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Too little, too late and too many lies.

Trion this is the last MMO you'll ever sell to anyone.

direpath
11-07-2014, 03:10 PM
This is not good enough Trion.

You promised 10% discount on market purchases, not 10% bonus on cash purchases of credits. It's not just a simple "Well you still get 10% more!" to solve this. If I buy apex in game and cash it to buy patron status or purchase marketplace items, then I do not get a 10% discount (nor do I get a 10% bonus).

What this tells me is in order to get the 10% discount (that I already am entitled to through my purchase of your Archeum Founder's pack) I need to spend MORE money?

Another cash grab by Trion...

xDarrick
11-07-2014, 03:13 PM
i am very disappointed about the 10% discount...

it was advertised that we pay 10% less credits for items... not that we would get 10% more.... do you guys rly think it is ok to tell people that they have to spend more money to get it?

wow how blatantly money hungry could you guys be? the guy or girl with that amazing idea should be fired to the moon and all who approved with him/her since they gave no thought at all

Reapor
11-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Ya, it's no big deal for a company to treat its customers like crap. We should all be totally accepting of that.

I like how the post didn't address the extreme customer service waits at all. No one cares about that... nope...

I had a few points to make but i wont cause no matter what i say it wont change your opinion so ok i will just quietly sit and watch what happens

teppic
11-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Hi Trion

Every credit purchase made, whether it's via founder's packs, starter packs, or apex, needs to include a 10% bonus retroactively, or this is still screwing people in your favour.

sauna
11-07-2014, 03:15 PM
As ArcheAge is a competitive game, we know that missing out hurts more than in a typical PvE game, but very few of what people report or perceive as “hacks” actually turn out to be that. More people understanding that will only help the game’s community in the long term.

Exactly how is ArcheAge a competitive game?

On a more positive note, we’ve heard from many of you that the play was exactly what you had been hoping for, and that you did get to experience some of the best gameplay that ArcheAge has to offer.

Is this the best gameplay ArcheAge has to offer? Zerg fighting zerg. No honor for open world pvp which results in NOONE caring about killing eachother. No objective to fight over. Every six weeks, TWO zerg guilds per zone can fight eachother. Is this the BEST this game can offer? Really?

We saw rival guilds work together to hold chokepoints against hundreds of people. We saw honor guards sacrifice themselves to protect their miners in the race to mine the Anya veins. We saw massive player-driven politics and team-based PvP exactly as it’s supposed to play out. We saw pirates band together to help out “the little guy” guild in the face of what would otherwise have been overwhelming opposition.

You like mindless zerging at Trion? How about letting "the little guy" have a chance by REMOVING THE AoE LIMIT. In Dark Age of Camelot, 1 group could do a lot of damage to a zerg if they were skilled enough. In ArcheAge zerg is be all end all. Why? Is this fun for anyone?

This is the high-level pvp we’ve been waiting for. There is no zerg strategy in siege. You think your crew is worth a dozen of theirs? This is your chance to prove it. To sweeten the deal, you’ll be fighting for the most important prize of all: land, and all the benefits that come from its ownership.

Excuse me, but you are incredibly out of touch with reality here.
Having a guild with 500+ members or be in an alliance with just as many is everything. There is no place for smaller guilds in ArcheAge.
Why even force the numbers on defense/attack on castles? If, let's say, our guild with 20 guys could take a lodestone and build a castle, why should we be forced to do a 70vs70 - 100vs100 fight? WHY?

Tell me when it begins, please. Tell me when zergs don't rule everything just because they invited a tenth of the server to their guild/alliance.

klaern
11-07-2014, 03:16 PM
I am going to go ahead and voice my agreement with my fellow gamers that the 10% discount on credit purchases isn't the same thing as a 10% marketplace discount. This does feel like a bait and switch, and you must see how this isn't equal.

Baddiez
Do purchases from credits aquired via apex after headstart get the 10% bonus added also?

Poppaea
what about credit packs we brought during alpha? The only credit pack i got was during alpha, not head start :(

Krustydog
11-07-2014, 03:17 PM

I feel bad for you. Your just trying to do your job but your in the lions den and the cats are hungry.

ironicsilence
Trion needs to call up perfect world for advice, perfect world has "milking its player base dry in the pay to win model while still keeping its players happy" down to a science

FlawlessRuby
Too little, too late... People including myself left. Only hunting the forum at work out of pure boredom. The fact that the server wasn't taken down during that issue is amazing.

SlowZ
11-07-2014, 03:18 PM
During the release we were supervising the land claims using both modern and old-school methods - watching data in real time, as well as monitoring activities on servers ourselves and investigating as people were being called out on servers. It was important to us to make sure that our recent protections against people using 3rd party software have been working. We’re happy to report that, by and large, they have been.
that is a joke right? lmao because i see like 10k of bots with lands on auroria i know a people that have 28 lands in auroria....

Keeegs
11-07-2014, 03:21 PM
that is a joke right? lmao because i see like 10k of bots with lands on auroria i know a people that have 28 lands in auroria....

Yeah this is definitely a lie plenty of landgrabbers still on Kyrios.

Poppaea
11-07-2014, 03:21 PM
I don't agree the 10% solution proposed. For one, the point many have brought up is valid. I used many apex to buy things, I should have saved 10% on all of those purchases.

Secondly I purchased a credit pack during alpha! That should get any bonus credits, not just packs purchased after headstart.

Arele
11-07-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure what's worse; the fact you went through the trouble of typing all those paragraphs of complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ or that myself and others wasted time reading it.

rawfox
Cudos, FireCait, at least you have the balls to admit youre humans.
Not bad for a girl :) (the balls i mean, lol)

Now, let talk about software stability.
You could promise some new Katana's to the XL-bodies.
The game is crashing and freezing and makes bluescreens and other oddies for nearly the half of the playerbase.

Can you tell us please, is XL already in the known and when is a new patch incoming to fix some bugs ?
I made apoll here:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?114264-curious-How-does-the-game-work-for-you-technically

Its still young but i aint expected such a high amount of users having problems with the game since Auroria launched and still after the disco-fix was applied.

Are you aware of it at all ?

Adeezha
Connection problems were reported in the downtime thread almost immediately after the servers went up. You seemed to assume that it was the problem with crapshield that required a PC restart. Not reacting quickly or dropping the servers was unforgivable. I wasn't going for land or castles in Auroria but I won't support such bad decisions with any more money or playtime. This 12 years old whiny baby (apparently) is signing out. Laters.

HeartyVegan
11-07-2014, 03:23 PM
I have never seen such a self serving ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ response from company. I hope this game tanks.

Kaosfury
11-07-2014, 03:23 PM
I just want to have fun.

There has been a ton of feedback from players.

Ill keep being a patron as long as im having fun.

Please, less pay 2 win....more rewards fkr investing time into this virtual world.....

My life is not miserable, but some of my best me.kries have been sieging and playing with lofe long friends in different games.

Help us do that here.

I do appreciate the statement....im willing to start over....clean slate from here out.

Lets move forward. ....

Im really excited to see less cheaters more real players.

We all just want to have fun....and obviously we like the fundamentals of the game....lets make it epic.

Kaos

Poppaea
11-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Did anyone else buy credit packs during alpha and agree those packs should also get the 10% rebate/bonus? :/

ArcheKnight
11-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Everybody! I found a fix for this 10% discount fiasco! It is SO simple! Call your bank or go to paypal (or whoever you purchased this stuff from) and tell them that the company has failed on promises and has deliberately mislead you for weeks, if not months, about the services that they would be rendering. And voila, you get your money back and Trion can co die in a corner where nobody likes them anymore.

Honestly, if you count NOTHING else... Trion's statements have been that this fix would be retroactive... I guess they were just trying to mislead us founders to think that we would still be refunded the extra points. Now they refuse to fix this issue for founders and even worse this isn't what was advertised. The patron discount was to credits spent, not credits bought. This is a huge difference because now Apex isn't counted even though we are still patrons. I do see where this is a fix that Trion can implement without the help of XLGames, but I'm so tired of this system where Trion has no power and XLGames CLEARLY doesn't care about this game (or at least us). Sadly, Trion is responsible for all of this so they get the flak. I tried to get a refund yesterday, but Trion said that it had been too long and company policy forbade it. Well, guess what, your company policy means NOTHING to me or U.S. law. I asked them to escalate the issue and if it isn't fixed then I will get a chargeback.

Trion is being blacklisted by banks. This means that some people won't be able to use their credit cards to purchase things from Trion because of the numerous chargebacks and complaints. This is to protect the bank from issues related to chargebacks and to minimize the issues. This hurts Trion a great deal. If you get a chargeback though, your account will be permanently banned, but I don't see the issue with this as I can't imagine this rapidly plummeting game being worth losing an ounce of my ethical sense. This company is rotten.

Roamer
11-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Oh you poor clueless fool. It doesn't work like that. Also, *ONE* only *ONE* siege in the history of the game since its inception in ALL MARKETS has ever been successfully done. Good luck folks.

This is just not true. Castles changed hands in alpha several times. In russia and korea it happens constantly. It is easier to capture a castle than to defend it - as many will learn.

HadesR
11-07-2014, 03:30 PM

We know some guilds feel like they missed out on the chance to get their castle. But the whole point of ArcheAge’s siege system is that castles can be taken.

Soon the Siege Declarations for every claimed zone will appear on the auction house. Those guilds powerful enough (and wealthy enough) to bid on them will compete for the right to lay siege to whichever castle they choose. And then the real fun begins.

Surrounding each guild’s Archeum Lodestone is a special housing area, known as a castle area. It is reserved for the ruling guild to place their houses and construct their fortifications. If you take the lodestone in a siege, the castle zone is yours… along with all the land inside. The Lord of each castle gains the right to destroy unwanted houses in that area, making room for his or her loyal guildmates, and forcing the defeated army out into the cold.

This means that a large housing area in each claimable zone is ALWAYS there for the taking—assuming you have the strength to do so.
Keep stockpiling your stone and lumber. Keep those Anya ingots handy. And prepare for the best that ArcheAge has to offer.

Unless the bidding is changed so that a siege is ALWAYS guaranteed to take place on each Territory .. Then the above is pretty much just " If's " and " Maybe's "

"This is the high-level pvp we’ve been waiting for" Will be nothing more than the land holding faction buying their own scroll ....

Artos
11-07-2014, 03:31 PM

I'll just point out that a 10% bonus purchase credit is actually a slightly lesser reward than a 10% reduction to the cost of an item.

I.e.
110/100 = 1.1
100/90 = 1.11111111 . . .

Not going to fret over a 1.1% lower benefit, but you should have been thinking about making it a 12% or even 15% credit to compensate people. Besides, as you well know, the more people get used to using your Marketplace the more likely they are to convert again

Poppaea
11-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Much of what I purchased came from apex i got via gold. Those purchases should also have saved 10%...

And the credits i purchased during alpha should also count towards the rebate we are getting. The way it is worded the credit pack I purchased during alpha will NOT get any credits back, which is shameful because I know a lot of us bought credits during alpha...

Careby
11-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the update - it is appreciated.

It's good to hear that a public test server is coming. It should benefit both players and Trion.

Also good to hear that the 10% discount is being addressed, and I look forward to spending my retroactive credits!

Hopefully we'll see positive results in the fight against spammers and hackers. They are the worst of the game's problems, in my opinion.

Now, when will my new submarine be available, and what improvements will it have?

klaern
11-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Much of what I purchased came from apex i got via gold. Those purchases should also have saved 10%...

And the credits i purchased during alpha should also count towards the rebate we are getting. The way it is worded the credit pack I purchased during alpha will NOT get any credits back, which is shameful because I know a lot of us bought credits during alpha...
Based on the advertised 10% Marketplace discount, I agree that this should be the case, and that the 10% discount (and retroactive refund of extra credits) via the website is not the same thing.

sploitinAA
11-07-2014, 03:37 PM
For those of you who were affected by it: You deserve better, plain and simple. We share your disappointment. We’re working hard to make sure something like that can’t happen ever again.

- Victoria

"We share your disappointment." ..... Really? I don't think you do. Do any of you actually play
ArcheAge on a live server?? Not the private server you have for your Twitch streams....an actual
LIVE server?
"We’re working hard to make sure something like that can’t happen ever again." ..... I'm
thinking it might be just a bit late for that. How many 1000s of people hoping on hope for a 2nd
chance at land..... and what they get is a fraking REPLAY of your bungled Headstart???

One would think that after the fiasco that was called Headstart (which by the way you stole our
4 days from us, but I digress) that you would have smartened up and fired up the Test Servers,
THEN, not now, but no.....let's fraking screw it up just one more time for old time's sake. *facepalm*

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

Ember1017
11-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Did anyone else buy credit packs during alpha and agree those packs should also get the 10% rebate/bonus? :/
Lots did, but Trion says only those that bought after headstart get the 10%. Good to know your support of the game before launch means that much to them huh? I really feel for you guys. You spent money on the game before launch and get treated like this in return.

Hyrik
11-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Let's see, summary:

1) Sorry
2) You Simply don't understand ArcheAge.
3) Keep Paying Us with Subs.

I am actually impressed with the message, if Putin is looking for a new PR person, be sure to apply.

GoldenGreed
11-07-2014, 03:43 PM
This was literally the saddest excuse of an apology I have ever read. What a ♥♥♥♥ing joke. I'm so done.

thisisname
11-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Can you tell me if the race cars will expire in 24 hours after crafting? Because that's what the scroll says.

Philanthropist
11-07-2014, 03:45 PM
The concept of land is just so poorly implemented I have no further interest in this game at all. Land ownership is a crucial thing to be able to craft, make money and advance -- and when it's gone it's gone. So every few months we get to try to acquire some in a zerg-filled, laggy expansion? Where's the impetus to maintain patron status? Why should new players who want land even start playing? The castle land can come and go as the castle falls, it's not a solution. In theory the land and farming concept is awesome, but the way it's been implemented is trash.

Thojorkill
11-07-2014, 03:47 PM
This is just not true. Castles changed hands in alpha several times. In russia and korea it happens constantly. It is easier to capture a castle than to defend it - as many will learn.

Its called win trading in live. And a castle traded hands ONE time in alpha that we are aware of, and it was due to a mechanics problem - not a skill inclusion.

Tsarkon
11-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Holy ♥♥♥♥, @FireCait, you guys just don't get it.

It's no longer about the land hacks or spam or the gold or the 10% discount issue for patrons.

You guys have shown time and time again that you either are incapable of listening to your playerbase or you simply do not care what we have to say. You give off the vibe that you care more about the cash shop working properly than the rest of the game. I posted earlier today that there were exactly two threads in the first give pages of the General Discussion forums that had an official Trion reply. This is completely unacceptable.

To be blunt, Trion's communication sucks.

Scapes should change his name to Scapegoat, cuz that poor ♥♥♥♥er has to deal with all the ♥♥♥♥ we (rightfully) complain about that his higher-ups conveniently ignore. How he hasn't killed himself due to stress is beyond me.

But even still it goes far beyond that. Trion has effectively dug their own grave. You have taken the exact same path that the developers of Warhammer Online took. You took a great game with massive potential and irreparably broke it. The worst part is that you have zero control over the game. You're XL's lapdogs and it's ruined your image. Never again will many of us play a Trion game, myself included. The amount of backlash across the internet has virtually doomed Trion's future.

Archeage cannot and will not survive in its current state. You had the chance to change it and fix it for the better, but you refused to make the hard decisions and upset a small fraction of your playerbase. In return, you ultimately upset a much larger (and MUCH more vocal) fraction that's going to cost you a massive amount of money and what remains of your reputation.

It's a shame, really.

talizzar
11-07-2014, 03:49 PM
While the land grab might have been ok. Lets look at it from the side of the East where the population is significantly gimped. It took almost all the East to claim any lodestones, which left hordes upon hordes of Westerners standing around in housing zones just waiting for a placement. Great job with population balance so the side that starter with the most and has the most people sucked up all the land while the East was busy fighting. The only side that should have gotten land in a zone is the side that claimed the stone. End of story. Sadly there are areas just outside the keep circle that the Guild leader cannot destroy. So of course we either have alts claiming land around keeps or enemies trolling us.

All land on Naima was claimed in a matter of seconds. I guess all these legitimate players were all stealthed for the duration of these battles?

The game place were terrible. If you believe a slide show battle is acceptable then it is really time to move on.

GladiusAltra
11-07-2014, 03:50 PM
There is no possible way it was 80%. If you didn't log on in the first 30 minutes of auroria or got logged out you didn't get in. At 80% of the second most important day of Archeage the servers would at least be high pop.

Benthon
11-07-2014, 03:51 PM
No Tricks. No Traps.

Thanks Hartsman. /s

Yed
11-07-2014, 03:53 PM
I don't get why people are so complaining about not getting a castle now. It's not the end. In fact, it's only the beginning. I was part of the Auroria EU, and everything went quite smooth (except for the insane lag, but was acceptable), I was part of a (70 man active)guild and an alliance and we had been planning for weeks for a castle. We succesfully had one mine under control, and we succesfully won battles on land and on sea, but in the end we were to late, a red guild was a little bit faster than us. We didn't get our castle that day, but that is not the end. We are preparing for the first siege in 6 weeks, and we shall have our castle.

klaern
11-07-2014, 03:55 PM
No Tricks. No Traps.

Thanks Hartsman. /s"Craftable" 80 slot container, just need you to buy these 2 cash shop items to make it with 0 skill required, ok? ~$11, no tricks, no traps... just craftable.

Roamer
Its called win trading in live. And a castle traded hands ONE time in alpha that we are aware of, and it was due to a mechanics problem - not a skill inclusion.

I think I am not the one who is a dolt - Sieges were won and lost - at the end of alpha, Forestcrow seiged and won all four castles (they were using hacks but that is beside the point). Oran Thul lost their castle to Bloodlust or Bust - due to a better strategy. I was there at the time. There are videos of korean and russian castle sieges being won and lost all over the net. Do some research before you make such stupid statements.

DancingShade
None of the servers are high pop any more.

Game already died.

GoldenGreed
11-07-2014, 03:58 PM
How he hasn't killed himself due to stress is beyond me.

Literally laughed out loud.

Kreek
I'm usually not a stabilizing force on these forums. It's because I know that when things go badly, a supportive and understanding community is the last thing a developer needs.

Please let me explain.

In any development or publishing house there are creative people, and there are business people.

The creative people do not need to be pressured. They want things to be right, they want things to go right, and they want you to enjoy what they create.

The business people could give two ♥♥♥♥s about you, or the product. Their job is to make money. Not products. There job is to convince you to pay, your enjoyment of the product or it's integrity may as well exist in another universe to them. The concepts are completely foreign.

There was a time in the western world where the creative people, the problem solvers and innovators where leaders in business. From game development to micro computing. From engineering firms to car companies.

This is getting a little long winded, so i'll get to the point.

Creative people are now the business people's ♥♥♥♥♥es. Because the investors care only for the dividend. Problem solvers can't be proactive. A bean counter comes to your door and says "Yaaaa, we can't cut into our profits for a test server at this time mmmmkay?"

Archeum drop rate reductions, labor issues, land certificates, staggered gutted launches, monitization of everything.

These things come from the business people. As does the free to play model. There is nothing the creative people can do about it.

They are as much a prisoner as you are, and for the most part it drives them mad.

The only thing we can do to give those creative people power, is riot.

RIOT.

Because when we riot. When we cancel our subs, and charge back transactions and spew holy hell on every games media site on the internet, all of a sudden it's...

"Yaaaaa hey james, um, we're having some profit and marketing issues because of the last patch... think you could set up a test server? that would be great mmmkaayyy?"

This last line is the most important part of this post, so im going to be very clear.

Rage against the machine. Not the cogs that want to turn in right direction but cant.

Rage against the business people. The creative people are your friends.

Rmyr
"There were under 20 people, out of everyone online that day, globally, who ended up with more land claims than would have been reasonable."

What is the "reasonable" amount of land? One guy on my server has 5 spots in Auroria right next to each other, im sure he got land on release too.

GoldenGreed
11-07-2014, 04:00 PM
There were under 20 people, out of everyone online that day, globally, who ended up with more land claims than would have been reasonable.

What the ♥♥♥♥ does this even mean?

JMac
11-07-2014, 04:02 PM
I can not begin to tell you how disappointed I am with you Trion. I personally will not spend another dime in this game. From the poor handling of the patches to this weak PR statement which tries to convince us only a small portion of the population was affected. You have lost me as a customer for now and most likely in the future. There is a reason most game forums are ablaze with frustration over this and there is a reason you are losing a portion of the population.

Shwangus
11-07-2014, 04:02 PM
@FireCait

Where was this "apology" three days ago? Why does there seem to be a constant lack of communication from Trion? Lets put aside the fact that the whole Auroria patch was quite possibly the biggest misstep I've ever seen in an online game. Lets put aside all of the missteps with this game in general. The communication from Trion is the worst. You guys need to go take a good hard look at the Marvel Heroes development team and what they're doing. They are in CONSTANT COMMUNICATION with their community. Playing this sorry excuse for a game just makes me realize how much I miss that. Now take a guess as to what I'm going to do right now? That's correct, cancel my account and go back to Marvel Heroes.

ArcheKnight
11-07-2014, 04:03 PM
What the ♥♥♥♥ does this even mean?

It probably means:
1: they are lying or using misleading information
2: those 20 or fewer people got SO much more land than is "reasonable" that it more than makes up for the fact that it was only 20 people

Merax
11-07-2014, 04:03 PM

What about the credits that were purchased as part of the Patron Packs? From Trion's advertisment and everything they have said since, the 10% count on ALL purchases in the in-game store.

Sirenia
11-07-2014, 04:05 PM
What about the credits that were purchased as part of the Patron Packs? From Trion's advertisment and everything they have said since, the 10% count on ALL purchases in the in-game store.

What about those extra credits we bought during alpha? I can say I largely purchased my extra credit pack because i figured i was going to save 10% on those purchases as well. I did not buy any credits after head start because i bought too many during alpha.

thisisname
11-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Race car answers! We demand them! 24 hours what does that mean!

Elektra
11-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Firecait -

While you are working on the 10% implementation (that I by the way just like many others feel should also be applied to the founders packs as advertised), can we please get an official statement what on earth is going on with

---> Hellswamp
South side of Hellswamp lost all monsters and NPCs.....are you working on this? Can we get a statement as to why this occurred and seeing that the game clearly now has severe glitches, what other ripple effects has this?

---> Auroria
While I know that the drop rates were changed even on Alpha to a lower setting, what on earth has now been done to Auroria?
What happened to the honor points you would get for kills on that continent?
Why is the drop rate now even worse than ever - have gear drops pretty much been completely disabled?
Why is the mob at the far end of Exeloch that goes into the Forbidden Sea area not even dropping one thing even when you kill them repeatedly?
What happened to the exp values of the monsters - why is their hp so nerfed and subsequently also the exp you would gain?
Where are some of the Elite monsters that used to be there - why have they been taken out of the game?
The Auroria disaster not only from a server access standpoint continues with whatever changes you implemented without even so much as letting us know why things were so substantially nerfed. Yes, new players would not know, but some of us can see clearly that changes were made that affect that game play in that area in a more than not satisfiable way. What are you doing to make Auroria better again? You clearly must have requested for certain changes to that specific area in the game and it has made Auroria worthless aside from the Castles. This is supposed to be one of the end game zones? What on earth happened to this area that so many of us looked forward to?

PS
I scrolled through the posts for about 1 hour to find official answers on these topics - if they are somewhere and I missed them, I would appreciate if someone could point me to the correct threads. Otherwise, Trion, can we please get a statement on these issues rather sooner than later?????

Bellatryx
11-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Have you never thought of running a test server? Perhaps not leaving the servers on when you notice something has gone royally ♥♥♥♥ up? Such a joke, how you ever managed to retain customers with this level of incompetence if beyond me tbh.

Kreek
11-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Firecait -

While you are working on the 10% implementation (that I by the way just like many others feel should also be applied to the founders packs as advertised), can we please get an official statement what on earth is going on with

---> Hellswamp
South side of Hellswamp lost all monsters and NPCs.....are you working on this? Can we get a statement as to why this occurred and seeing that the game clearly now has severe glitches, what other ripple effects has this?

---> Auroria
While I know that the drop rates were changed even on Alpha to a lower setting, what on earth has now been done to Auroria?
What happened to the honor points you would get for kills on that continent?
Why is the drop rate now even worse than ever - have gear drops pretty much been completely disabled?
Why is the mob at the far end of Exeloch that goes into the Forbidden Sea area not even dropping one thing even when you kill them repeatedly?
What happened to the exp values of the monsters - why is their hp so nerfed and subsequently also the exp you would gain?
Where are some of the Elite monsters that used to be there - why have they been taken out of the game?
The Auroria disaster not only from a server access standpoint continues with whatever changes you implemented without even so much as letting us know why things were so substantially nerfed. Yes, new players would not know, but some of us can see clearly that changes were made that affect that game play in that area in a more than not satisfiable way. What are you doing to make Auroria better again? You clearly must have requested for certain changes to that specific area in the game and it has made Auroria worthless aside from the Castles. This is supposed to be one of the end game zones? What on earth happened to this area that so many of us looked forward to?

PS
I scrolled through the posts for about 1 hour to find official answers on these topics - if they are somewhere and I missed them, I would appreciate if someone could point me to the correct threads. Otherwise, Trion, can we please get a statement on these issues rather sooner than later?????

If you left auroira the way it was designed there is a chance it would reduce cash shop sales.

You're surprised?

FireCait
11-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Race car answers! We demand them! 24 hours what does that mean!

The reference to 24hrs is a text bug. The cars work just like the other summoned transportation - you can summon & de-summon them as much as you'd like, and whenever you'd like.

squidgod2000
11-07-2014, 04:16 PM
We also have updates for you on a couple other topics that we know you care about – Spam and Patron Discounts.

In additional good news, Trion’s learning spam filter also arrived in this build of ArcheAge. You can report spammers in game, as you always should have been able to, and the system will learn how to smartly block them over time. Many of you have noticed this and have been reporting away, and we definitely appreciate it. Keep feeding that filter – it’s hungry for your clicks! It takes a week or so to learn, and we look forward to being that much closer to a spam-free future. This was the last big step to getting there.

Not going to wade through the posts, so apologies if someone else has already mentioned this.

Your "Report Spam" function is missing two important features. First off, it should also block the person being reported. That's a no-brainer. Second, there needs to be some feedback in the chat window that confirms the report. A simple "Soandso has been reported" will suffice.

Piratejack
11-07-2014, 04:17 PM
The majority of what we investigated as reports of “hacks” or “illegal land grabs” were people playing legitimately and coordinating well by maximizing their use of in-game classes, strategies, and tools available - which is much of what a winning strategy in ArcheAge is.

1. In game classes? How does this help you besides stealth? And that doesn't help you get multiple pieces of land.
2.Strategies? Okay, you have strategies fine.
3.Tools available? What tools? You mean the mods that are hacks?

There were under 20 people, out of everyone online that day, globally, who ended up with more land claims than would have been reasonable.

Define this for me, what is reasonable amounts of land and unreasonable please.

Ember1017
11-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Scapes already said here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?114300-Introducing-10-Bonus-Credits-for-Patrons) that Founders & Starter packs don't get the 10%

Today, all Patrons who purchased Credit Packs after Head Start began (September 12) will get a 10% bonus of those sums granted to their accounts. This bonus will only apply to accounts that purchased Credit Packs after their Patron Time was purchased, are in good standing (not banned, no chargebacks), and have not had their Patron Time or Credit Pack purchase refunded. It does not apply to the Credits from the Founder's Pack and Starter Pack packages. The 10% bonus Credits will apply on future Credit Pack purchases by Patrons.

The team has been eager to get this Patron bonus rolled out, thanks for your patience while we made it happen.

GoldenGreed
11-07-2014, 04:18 PM
The reference to 24hrs is a text bug. The cars work just like the other summoned transportation - you can summon & de-summon them as much as you'd like, and whenever you'd like.

Thank you for dodging the important ♥♥♥♥, Nice to see you are still here though.

Don't bother posting such ♥♥♥♥ty damage control if you can't even ♥♥♥♥ing follow up with it.

You GMs always seem to ignore the hard hitting question eh?

ArcheKnight
11-07-2014, 04:20 PM
There was damage control? I just saw Trion with a flamethrower torching all of their players... I suppose EVENTUALLY they will all have got their money back and left... then some of the damage will be gone... I guess...

FireCait
11-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Not going to wade through the posts, so apologies if someone else has already mentioned this.

Your "Report Spam" function is missing two important features. First off, it should also block the person being reported. That's a no-brainer. Second, there needs to be some feedback in the chat window that confirms the report. A simple "Soandso has been reported" will suffice.

Those are definitely needed features, and we are already working with XLGAMES to get them both implemented as soon as possible.

Saifa
11-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Elektra-Firecait

---> Auroria
[I][COLOR="red"]While I know that the drop rates were changed even on Alpha to a lower setting, what on earth has now been done to Auroria?

Saifa to Firecait,

I can't stress enough [B]HOW BAD the drop rates are in Auroria, when you spend 12 hours just getting jester packs for mobs that are harder and have more chance with level 40 mobs in Sanddeep that seeps poor game design, there's literally no reason to be farming in Auroria with how broken drop rates are.

Sirenia
11-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Scapes already said here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?114300-Introducing-10-Bonus-Credits-for-Patrons) that Founders & Starter packs don't get the 10%

You are missing what that was about actually. That was talking about bonuses you get for purchasing larger quanty of credits at a time. The marketplace savings was supposed to apply to the credits you got from founders packs as well.

TrueNoir
11-07-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the amount of people on the server at the time and during when no one could login was close to about 100-200 people since none of the servers where "high" in population. If you go back and look at the topic's on the forums there was about 1 post every 30 seconds by someone new and unique. And I know reality wise they want to make themselves look good or cover there ♥♥♥ for the poor mistakes by trying to say that hackers didn't get the land but most of these hackers use VPN's with accounts that look unique on the system they pay for patrons even the bots and hackers do cause when you think that 1 peice of land sells for 1k gold or atleast thats what they are trying to sell them for they make out like bandits selling that gold to people stupid enough to buy it. And yes the community is partially to blame for buying gold but at the same time. Trying to play it off like all the hacks are fixed and yet during auroria on Naima server there was nearly 30 - 40 peices of land which came up for people to get and yet teleport land hackers came in under 5 character names and took all of the properties which you can see indicated by houses being unfinished and unbuilt for very long periods of time when you try to make up numbers it only makes you look even more stupid.

I would say about 20% of the people online where most likely legit but keep in mind many of these "big guilds" that everyones talking about getting land they use land hacks too cause that's the only way people can compete now. I sat infront of 2 16x16's in windscour in Naima just the other day someone placed a house infront of 40 of us when he wasn't anywhere near by cause i was standing in the middle of the property with insulating lens up to see if anyone was near the middle stealthed after he placed it before we had any chance it was in 0.001 seconds after getting destroyed a 16x16 farm appeared with the guy who appeared teleported next to the middle of the scarecrow like OH look at this and took it from everyone of course it was too late and then it happened again shortly after by another well known land hacker Shear who wasnt even near the property. And yet "all the hacks have been fixed and no hacking took place in auroria" When land is going to sit for months unbuilt and unfinished because the same motherfk's who have been doing it for months to make gold keep doing it. But trions making a fortune off the people who land hack because all of the taxes and patron that these people have to buy.

So at the end of the day the game won't be nearly as popular as it should be and the peek user base was back during alpha when most of the hacks and land hacks didnt exist and it wasn't so frustrating and a waste of time trying to get land. But as it stands from this post i can see trion doesn't really give a damn cause whats 10% discount since you can't legitly own land without hacking. And to all those hackers what are you gonna do when all the real players quit and you cant unload your 30 or 40 properties for 1k gold anymore cause I'll tell you right now I told everyone in my guild not to buy land from anyone cause to be honest its a huge scam to even buy land from anyone cause your basicly supporting land hackers everytime you buy land from them. They won't land hack if land is worthless but everyone wouldnt stop buying land. And trion wants to push selling land and deals since they make money. But you cant even remove your own 16x16 off when people are online cause they will snipe it from a rock in the mountains like a green beret soldier from 400 meters away. That happened to a guildie no one was around near by they checked to make sure and as soon as the 16x16 house came up to do a switch to a farm the land was stolen from them with the person teleporting near them telling them he was cloked the whole time and both of them had insulating lens and saw him no where in the area.

But GG trion you might have fooled 10% of the population that things are fixed but for all the people who canceled subscriptions or won't be spending money on cash shop again you could have made alot more money but buy helping the hackers succeed and screwing your player base you'll gain 20% income from hackers and as the real population slowly dies even the hackers won't dump money in cause they wont be able to sell as much gold. Eventually there will be tons of land everyone for everyone to get but no one to get it because the game got destroyed by mistakes that could have been fixed or looked into. I like how no logs have been made to see how fast people are placing properties down or gms arent sitting watching land get taken to check if people are out of range and teleporting across the map or placing from 3000 meters away from the property.

Dannek
11-07-2014, 04:29 PM
This is BS I bought credits before release as well. Screw this you guys bent us over and didn't use lube. Thanks

Elektra
11-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Firecait - why are you answering questions immediately before and after my post, but not my post that sits right in the middle of those two you answered previously??????

Bedivere
11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
What a crock of ♥♥♥♥. You guys flipped my opinion of this game. I hope your company crashes and burns.

Trisha
11-07-2014, 04:32 PM
So pretty much, no compensation whatsoever for those who lost a chance at land in Auroria because of the connection issues.

GoldenGreed
11-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Firecait - why are you answering questions immediately before and after my post, but not my post that sits right in the middle of those two you answered previously??????

Yes Firecait, why is that?

Slayer40
11-07-2014, 04:34 PM

Are you serious? they feed you another line of Bull and you eat it like candy.

sSaSs
11-07-2014, 04:35 PM
just to tell if that wasn't told early, the APEX will not let you have the 10% since you don't buy credits ...

GoldenGreed
11-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Firecait, Deliberately ignoring the hoard of people who are VERY upset with Trion is not ♥♥♥♥ing helping your case.

Infact it's just pissing them off even more.

Ember1017
11-07-2014, 04:38 PM
You are missing what that was about actually. That was talking about bonuses you get for purchasing larger quanty of credits at a time. The marketplace savings was supposed to apply to the credits you got from founders packs as well.
I know that. It was sold that way on the Founders packs- 10% of market place purchases. They have taken that out for everyone, and changed it to a 10% bonus to credit packages purchased after headstart, meaning that Founder packs & Starter packs purchased before headstart ended, don't even get the bonus they are offering now.

Fedj
11-07-2014, 04:38 PM
one word! "♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!" what a total heap of lies when it comes to the land ownership and land hacks.. i am done..

yall just ♥♥♥♥ed up royally and the idea that pulling the plug on the servers wouldn't of helped is a flat out lie and anyone in the field knows it and even those who have simply played mmo's for a decade + know it..

BEYOND disappointed, and looking at my options for refunds from paypal at this point..

Taldonus
11-07-2014, 04:42 PM
This is a terrible response towards those of us that were very loyal to this game throughout Alpha, Beta, and then through release.

I am no longer subbing to the game, nor will I support Trion again in the future as a result.

taramjwi
11-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Yes Firecait, why is that?

yeah she skirted more than a few.. esp the 10% discount issue.. their solution is nothing more than a bait$switch. i didn't pay 150$ for a "bonus" i paid for a discount on all market purchases. the discount was clearly stated to apply to all market purchases. i've filed with paypal... probably to late to get a resolution. i'll contact my bank monday. the attorney generals office in california & texas are on my list. as well as the bbb for what thats worth. trion has already said in a ticket that they would refund me... but i have zero faith in anything they say at this point.

TrueNoir
11-07-2014, 04:44 PM

That's because any legit posts which ask about the data from where they got numbers for the land hacking they don't have responses for because they just pulled it out of space in an effort to calm people down. You won't legitly get responses for them it's a waste of effort to try. Cause so far all they've done is the following:

SORRY SORRY SORRY
But the bright side is no one really got ♥♥♥ed it just looks like it you did cause most of you couldnt login...
SORRY SORRY SORRY
We give 10% for future credits so when you buy more of the crap from the shop house to compensate for your loss you won't hate us as much...
SORRY SORRY SORRY
Land hacks have been fixed when people steal your stuff they using tools and ingame stratagies that instant house place from 400 meters is your imagination...
SORRY SORRY SORRY
We will respond to any questions about the content bugs but not about actual data from the server.

That's pretty much what i got out of the wall of text pretty much. And also why they are not responding about the server. The amount of people in was probly only 200 or so of the hackers people who had to spend a ton of money buying taxes so because of that they are automaticly considered LEGIT now if you bought taxes with stolen credit card you would be counted as not LEGIT. So basicly if you want land you have to go buy the bot and tool for land hacking buy a VPN pay with real money to buy patrons and enough taxes and you would be counted as the following:

The majority of what we investigated as reports of “hacks” or “illegal land grabs” were people playing legitimately and coordinating well by maximizing their use of in-game classes, strategies, and tools available - which is much of what a winning strategy in ArcheAge is.

FireCait
11-07-2014, 04:48 PM

I'm not ignoring you, there are some questions that I have answers for and some that I don't.

We are not aware of any changes to drop rates in Auroria, and we will take the feedback to XLGAMES.

The mobs should also be back in Hellswamp.

boredmuse
11-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Way to #$@% over your founders "FireCait". You know your career is over right? Trion is done.

JMac
11-07-2014, 04:50 PM
So, I put what Firecat said in Google Translate and this is what came out...

"Hey everyone. Things went badly this week, we wish it hadn't, but we're not actually going to apologise, just make you think we are. We didn't bother having a test server, so we just threw the patch onto the live server and hoped for the best, but we're not going to do that again (we hope lol!). We're also not fixing anything NA users, sucks to be you. At least EU people are ok. As for hacks, most of you are wrong. ArcheAge is great, by the way.

Oh, and that 10% discount - you can't have it, but if you spend more on us we'll give you 10% extra, assuming that all works - who knows? We'll just blame XL Games.

Kisses, Trion"

(Actually someone else posted this over at MMORPG.com but it is rather accurate.)

Kreek
11-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm not ignoring you, there are some questions that I have answers for and some that I don't.

We are not aware of any changes to drop rates in Auroria, and we will take the feedback to XLGAMES.

Auroria is basically gutted. We're better off killing level 35 elites in solzreed than bothering with any mob in auroria.

Nothing drops.

Hopefully now you're aware.

byjones9
11-07-2014, 04:51 PM
2 servers down now whats up with that

boredmuse
11-07-2014, 04:52 PM

You most certainly are ignoring the majority of the posts here. The ones regarding the fact that is "equitable solution" to the 10% discount is nothing of the sort.

Its ok though. #@$% us on a Friday so you can go home and enjoy your weekend. Youve shown everybody in the gaming community that you have 0 ethics and care nothing about your players.

tab531
11-07-2014, 04:52 PM
They made a mistake.. it happens... im still loving archeage!! please keep working real hard to keep my guild subbing!! thanks for update trion!!! keep working hard! and my guild will still sub.. INDEED ! I love archeage! ty TRION!

TrueNoir
11-07-2014, 04:53 PM

Yeah but you posted ^ this in your orignal topic can we get a link on what tools are available for legit players to use then cause if you can make the statement about tools being available to make land obtaining easier then it should be posted for the whole community to know what is allowed in terms of addons tools and such then. If you can't comment on them then you should not be posting things which you cannot tell your community about. Cause if land hacking tools are allowed by the administrator's and that's the real reason you've been ignoring commenting on such things then why not sell your player base the tools then?

Elektra
11-07-2014, 04:54 PM

Thank you - if you could please update us on the progress you are making with XL Games in regards to what happened to Auroria, it would be greatly appreciated.

Saifa
11-07-2014, 04:54 PM

Wether it's changes or not Firecait, it's simply not worth being in Auroria mob grinding when you can just go to Sanddeep AOE grind and get more worth "jesters". If level 50 content is worse than level 40 mobs, what's the point in being in Auroria?.

Sirenia
11-07-2014, 04:55 PM

you deliberately phrased the 10% rebate to exclude those who bought credit packs during alpha. That needs to be fixed. Otherwise you just scammed us and have yet to offer any reasonable remedy to what was advertised. That needs to be looked into.

GoldenGreed
11-07-2014, 04:55 PM
They made a mistake.. it happens... im still loving archeage!! please keep working real hard to keep my guild subbing!! thanks for update trion!!! keep working hard! and my guild will still sub.. INDEED ! I love archeage! ty TRION!

You have something on your nose.

movatheraiur
11-07-2014, 04:56 PM
nobody gives a ♥♥♥♥. too late. Nothing short of a full rollback + putting off auroria till you can handle it will save your ♥♥♥♥♥.

I know you are seeing massive drop offs in population. Good job idiots.

Words out of my mouth.

Pantsukime
11-07-2014, 04:56 PM
It seems like it that you guys "Trion" are trying out how much p2w we people can stand and i have to say you shouldnt overdo it since you already ♥♥♥♥ed up the playerbase. Why do you add p2w items to the marketplace that give you a "little" advantage over f2per, are you testing out how well it goes and then add the items which give you 50% more dmg for 15mins?`If yes please stop it and dont ♥♥♥♥ with your customers. To all the people who say it's just a little ... ♥♥♥♥ you it wont be a little in 2 months.

Tsarkon
11-07-2014, 04:58 PM

THEN SAY THAT!

If you've learned nothing else, please learn that your silence is what's damning you the most.

If you cannot answer a question at that time, state as such so we know you're not ignoring us.

Right now, you need to respond to EVERYTHING even if it's a token response. A good majority of us are unbelievably upset at the lack of response to a LOT of hot-topic issues.

If you truly want to restore your already-tarnished image, take the time and respond to every single issue brought to you. It's gonna suck and it's gonna be time consuming, but it's what you get paid for -- so kindly do your job.

Thojorkill
11-07-2014, 05:00 PM

I love it when the gold sellers and xl employees come over here and brown nose...

Ember1017
11-07-2014, 05:01 PM
you deliberately phrased the 10% rebate to exclude those who bought credit packs during alpha. That needs to be fixed. Otherwise you just scammed us and have yet to offer any reasonable remedy to what was advertised. That needs to be looked into.
Scapes posted this HERE (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?114300-Introducing-10-Bonus-Credits-for-Patrons)

Today, all Patrons who purchased Credit Packs after Head Start began (September 12) will get a 10% bonus of those sums granted to their accounts. This bonus will only apply to accounts that purchased Credit Packs after their Patron Time was purchased, are in good standing (not banned, no chargebacks), and have not had their Patron Time or Credit Pack purchase refunded. It does not apply to the Credits from the Founder's Pack and Starter Pack packages. The 10% bonus Credits will apply on future Credit Pack purchases by Patrons.

The team has been eager to get this Patron bonus rolled out, thanks for your patience while we made it happen.

GoldenGreed
11-07-2014, 05:01 PM
THEN SAY THAT!

If you've learned nothing else, please learn that your silence is what's damning you the most.

If you cannot answer a question at that time, state as such so we know you're not ignoring us.

Right now, you need to respond to EVERYTHING even if it's a token response. A good majority of us are unbelievably upset at the lack of response to a LOT of hot-topic issues.

If you truly want to restore your already-tarnished image, take the time and respond to every single issue brought to you. It's gonna suck and it's gonna be time consuming, but it's what you get paid for -- so kindly do your job.

As true as your post is it's far... FAR to ♥♥♥♥ing late to even attempt that.

Is everyone at Trion a bunch of Introverts or something, Speak up, idiots.

Yil
11-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Ah, so us founders who were stupid enough to support you, before we realised how incompetent you can be, get screwed? And now you want us to give you more money? The arrogance is strong in your company.

Philanthropist
11-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Again, the fact that castles can be taken is absolutely not a solution to land problems. Four zones with three areas each, that's 12 areas. The only areas that can change hands are the areas around the castles that were built. So 66% or the new land is claimed and cannot be impacted by castles changing hands, even assuming they do change hands. And the only people that get land when the castles change hands are those that are members of the guild that takes the castle.

movatheraiur
11-07-2014, 05:05 PM
I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ who or what would have lost money. Who was to blame for the bugs. What terms per contract with XL would have been broken. Who lost their job. How many days/weeks the game would have been offline.The ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ North American servers should have been rolled back.

This Is by far the worst service of a gaming online I have ever experienced. If you are saying your infrastructure is in capable of mass rollback then holy ♥♥♥♥. I may just as well run an MMO out of a moving van through Nevada.

Sirenia
11-07-2014, 05:05 PM
I am not talking about founder packs. I am talking about credit packs. You were able to buy credit packs during alpha. The point was you would still get 10% off market purchases if you got those. Now they are removing that benefit. Its a ripoff.

Kreek
11-07-2014, 05:06 PM
post edited because information was inaccurate.

taramjwi
11-07-2014, 05:09 PM

why don't you answer to the fact that the 10% discount from the original archeum founders pack was supposed to apply to all market purchases? and now it's been bait $ switched.... i did not spend 150$ for a "bonus" for if i just purchased credits... i spent that 150$ with the understanding that a 10% discount would be applied to all market purchases.... this decision is beyond low... it's sad that trion cares so little for it's reputation. i'm not sure what happened, i had a great time in rift and thought trion did a great job. archeage itself is a great game. trions management and customer service of the game has been some of the worst i have experienced in 15+ years of mmo gaming.

Poppaea
11-07-2014, 05:09 PM
so basically i am not getting ANYTHING from the 10% marketplace discount as advertised. NOTHING.

I spent my founders credits and never received any discount on those purchases. I purchased at least $100 in additional credits before headstart. I acquired dozens of apex and purchased in game goodies with those. I never got a discount.

This is not equal to what was advertised. You need to come up with another solution because what you have done is shameful and false advertising. It's one thing to mess up my game time, its another thing to %$%^ with my money.

TrueNoir
11-07-2014, 05:11 PM
so basically i am not getting ANYTHING from the 10% marketplace discount as advertised. NOTHING.

I purchased at least $100 in credits before headstart. I spent my founders credits and never recieved any discount on those purchases. I acquired dozens of apex and purchased in game goodies with those. I never got a discount.

This is not equal to what was advertised. You need to come up with another solution because what you have done is shameful and false advertising. It's one thing to mess up my game time, its another thing to %$%^ with my money.

You want land? here take a 10% bonus to buying more money in compensation for the fact the servers couldnt let you in and the fact they keep crashing into maintaince every 3 hours that should be enough <3

Avaritia
11-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Screwing over Founders like this on the 10% is very bad for business. AA is my second Trion game and my last Trion game. Don't think I've ever felt so screwed over by a publisher as I have with Trion's Defiance and AA. $300 to a scam....sad

Iptai
11-07-2014, 05:13 PM
As true as your post is it's far... FAR to ♥♥♥♥ing late to even attempt that.

Is everyone at Trion a bunch of Introverts or something, Speak up, idiots.

Except they did speak up and with in minutes they they got 5 pages of WHHHHAHAHAHA BS BS BS You trion are self serving BS posting Blah blah you get the point. the over the next hour or so got 10 more pages of the same and totall misinterpritation of what was said your retroactivly getting 10% of all cash shop items you purchaced in credits after day 1.

there are obviously quite a few buthurt but seriously if after every post they make you just go BS your <insert derogitory explitive here>. you really think thats gonna to encourage them to post more.

Badman
11-07-2014, 05:15 PM
FireCait, you responded earlier to someone regarding loot drop rates in Auroria, saying you're not aware of it being different and will bring it up with XL GAMES. I can't seem to find this response anymore, so maybe you deleted it, but with any testing you guys would see that the drop rates are abysmal. Was there any testing?

Yil
11-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Except they did speak up and with in minutes they they got 5 pages of WHHHHAHAHAHA BS BS BS You trion are self serving BS posting Blah blah you get the point. the over the next hour or so got 10 more pages of the same and totall misinterpritation of what was said your retroactivly getting 10% of all cash shop items you purchaced in credits after day 1.

there are obviously quite a few buthurt but seriously if after every post they make you just go BS your <insert derogitory explitive here>. you really think thats gonna to encourage them to post more.

Oh boo hoo. They screw up, and somehow that's our fault? Nope.

Brackstone
11-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Considering that both of my friends have now quit because it's impossible to claim practically anything.

The only reason I plunked $150 down on this game is because during the beta it was reasonably difficult to find land but not IMPOSSIBLE. I played on inoch which wasn't even a release server and it was still impossible to find land. My friends and I planned on sharing one farm house and one large farm plot. As of now we have one 8x8 one place, another somewhere else, our house is on the other corner of the planet, etc. etc. etc.

It's not "Difficult" to get land all it requires is having no life or joining a zerg guild with leaders that do nothing else but devote their time to this game.

Early Access was a Joke, Auroria is a joke, you are a joke.

Good Luck with getting people like me to bankroll your game.

Bye.

Sincerely,
A Whale

GlowingGreed
11-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Getting a refund done now, Thanks for nothing Trion.

taramjwi
11-07-2014, 05:27 PM

I spent my founders credits and never received any discount on those purchases. I purchased at least $100 in additional credits before headstart. I acquired dozens of apex and purchased in game goodies with those. I never got a discount.

yeah.. the apex i've bought... mounts... costumes... potions...expansions... boat load of other things... running into the $$$... and according to my original founders purchase.. a clear 10% discount... now i had some faith.. until a few weeks ago that is.. that based on my passed xp with trion things would work out. but this response to the community from THIS producer is a real slap in the face.. a total ♥♥♥♥ you in the ♥♥♥... we got your money... they may think a eula protects them and allows them to just screw over people at will. the internet is a small world and it will cost more in the long run.and the real world is even a smaller place and the cost can be significantly higher.

Ambrosia
11-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Wow this thread only has 1 star.

taramjwi
11-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Wow this thread only has 1 star.

it would be lower... if that option was avail...

Onchas
11-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your post. I haven't had the pleasure of reading any other posts in this thread. I will presume ahead of time that they are not supportive. Some of that will just be people having a go at screaming their frustrations into the internet, but some of it will also be completely sensible and the sources of the frustration completely valid.

I joined Archeage at the urging of some friends from another game. This is not typically my sort of thing, I prefer simulations and strategy games, but I figured I'd give this a try. I have played other MMOs over the last 15 years, hard core by predominately for short periods of time.

This game suffers from several key design issues that ought to be rectified.

1) Hasla is a terrible mechanic. It makes sense to me as a catch-up mechanic, brought in after the release of the game to give land-less and brand new players a chance to grind up competitive gear. In a game world where every player is not motivated to, pretty much concurrently, grind those tokens, however, it is a disaster. If this was your decision, it is horrific. If it was XLGames', you need to be our advocate here. You need to make sure they understand the flaws in that system.

2) Crafting is in a terrible state. There is little demand for most of the products that people produce. Farm-produced goods return too little profit to players. I don't know if this is because between Hasla and GHA means fewer people are gearing up through crafting, so there just isn't the flow of materials required, but, regardless, I have done lots of spreadsheets and the reality is that there is nearly nothing I can do with my land that doesn't ultimately lose me money or results in barely breaking even. I've found ways to eek out money, and I've ended up doing quite well for myself, but it has nothing to do with my original intent which was crafting. The absence of permanent decay on items is going to be the death of crafting in this game. I can see no way of projecting the long-term success or value of crafting materials in this game as demand will only drop over time for raw resources from what is already a pitifully low level. If you want to address this, you need to dramatically increase the value of selling raw and crafted materials to AI vendors, giving people another way of returning profit off the things they grow.

3) Labour is a really interesting feature of the game, and I like it's potential to create a value chain but letting people specialize in crafting a part of the vertical. The price of labour potions, however, is just too high. It makes labour far too scarce a commodity for anyone who has land and is using it. Becoming a farmer or lumberjack just isn't viable in the game, because of the aforementioned crafting issues. Labour tick rate needs to increase, credit-cost of WCPs needs to drop substantially to increase the supply.

4) Motes - you got the drop rate on archeum motes wrong. Their cost is far too high, and this has contributed to the first and second issue. I hope Archeum trees will help out with this, but it was inexcusable to let them be this high to this point in time.

5) The accusations of a "money grab" keep knocking around, and it's hard to ignore them. As an example: It doesn't get enough comment, but the new Illustrious Storage Chest is complete and utter crap. Making the faucet for that item only be credits is the definition of a cash grab. It made sense to me when I though it took two Superior Storage chests, but taking the two craft shop items makes no game-play sense. Not when you have a free-to-play game and people can just freely make bank alts. This has no business being in a North American MMO.

Vyr
11-07-2014, 05:45 PM
How any of you have kept your jobs is beyond me.

Poppaea
11-07-2014, 05:49 PM
How any of you have kept your jobs is beyond me.

Because they only care about money. After thinking about it I realize they are saving themselves potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars by changing the terms. The millions they made selling founders packs are now excluded from the 10% discount or rebate. The additional money they made selling us founders credits during alpha will not get any additional discount.

They just stole a lot of money from their (former) customers.

heathkit
11-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Protip: Do phased deployments so you can catch at-scale issues without breaking everyone. Also, have a dead simple rollback plan. lurn2devops

Clandestino
11-07-2014, 06:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

nothing else to say and to all the peoples who thinks they dont play a p2w, well you certainly closer to monkeys than human race for being so stupid, in fact maybe you deserve to be stolen from trion.

but the bigger problem is what happend if monkeys are ready to p2w ? all the mmo market turn in a big p2w and people who know how to add 2+2 cant enjoy anygame.

so ♥♥♥♥ trion and ♥♥♥♥ monkeys

ArcheRage
11-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Software industry is the only industry where you can sell semi completed, even broken products to consumers and get away with it via an apology and offer promises which will eventually become as broken as the product being sold

Demonous
11-07-2014, 06:17 PM

i have purchased alot since then an was patron i should get more than what i have seen in my account

Poppaea
11-07-2014, 06:28 PM
i have purchased alot since then an was patron i should get more than what i have seen in my account

They worked the terms in such a way it excludes a very large dollar amount the community has spent at this point. It is a small percentage of what was originally advertised.

And it is not retroactive, it is selective.

TrueNoir
11-07-2014, 06:35 PM
They worked the terms in such a way it excludes a very large dollar amount the community has spent at this point. It is a small percentage of what was originally advertised.

And it is not retroactive, it is selective.

sad thing is its not even the compensation most people wanna see its more of a lets try and put a patch on our customers that dumped over 100k credits in the shop. Meanwhile the little guy who most likely hasn't spent more then 100 dollars on credits gets next to nothing. And meanwhile the patrons who bought, preordered and spent money before release get "tough titties said the kitty cause the milk tastes fine" meanwhile anything new which gets released will just have its price increased by 10% to compensate giving a discount to people so they wont lose any money on this little farce

DamageControl
11-07-2014, 06:39 PM

But for those we screwed..... have a nice day.

^this x1000

Trion must have had a significant number of people cancel their subs to send the producer on here to do damage control. I understand you guys are "sorry", but you have done NOTHING to rectify
the situation besides promising to do better after each screw up.

I had high hopes for this game but it is being run into the ground.

Preacher
11-07-2014, 07:00 PM
So, sorry if missed, when EXACTLY sieges start? And how the timing is handled. I hope its not all 4 sieges at same time and day, but a more sensible approach taken by RU AA where sieges are split on different days/time periods, so that if needed castle holders could siege each other too instead of just sitting in defence?

Chainers
11-07-2014, 07:01 PM
^this x1000

Trion must have had a significant number of people cancel their subs to send the producer on here to do damage control. I understand you guys are "sorry", but you have done NOTHING to rectify
the situation besides promising to do better after each screw up.

I had high hopes for this game but it is being run into the ground.

Funny, I cancelled my sub when I saw the OP and the new cash shop item.

This game did have potential, but way too many hacks/cash grabs to make it worth it. Also, a lot of the design was poorly implemented. Hasla itself really lends the game towards a couple of classes (most of them archer related) and makes for an uncreative game.

Shaynnas
11-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Alpha..... Learned nothing from the bugs/hacks/exploits.....
Beta......Learned nothing from the bugs/hacks/exploits.....
Launch......Learned nothing from the bugs/hacks/exploits.....
Auroria......Learned nothing from the bugs/hacks/exploits.....

This is laughable at best.

Zoltan6
11-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Trion why don't you guys get the problem with land and housing?! It's not specific to Auroria, its the fact that only 10% have land because they take so many plots themselves and still manage to pay their taxes. You have 90% of players with 1 8x8 and 10% with 3+ 16x16 ..at least. You need to put a cap on players accounts for land owned or increase the tax even more when multiple properties are owned.

This is the only solution to stopping players massive frustration. How can I play a game I get so frustrated out of!! This is why I have to stop.

Flylow
11-07-2014, 07:17 PM
GG Trion, game is gonna die soon. The new RNG boxes are just 1 step closer.

Dey
11-07-2014, 07:25 PM
The game was playable; it just wasn’t at all the smooth experience it was supposed to be.

Playable? The Anya mines were ridiculous.

And sorry I don't believe that 80% figure one bit.

The Auroria build itself was so complex that there was no reasonable way to go backwards to give everyone a second try.

Again, I don't believe that one bit. You are trying to tell us you don't have a back up of the information from when you took that servers down, to go back to? Seriously?

So you are saying if the servers crashed completely corrupting data you had no back up to restore to?

Riiiight. Sorry, but the only reason you aren't rolling back is because you don't want to, not because you can't.

A fiasco of a launch, and a fiasco of a response.

HellSeesYou
11-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Hi, everyone – We wanted to get you an update on all that’s important before the week was out.

Auroria’s Release

We know how much many of you prepared for, and were looking forward to, Auroria this week. Like you, we do wish it would have gone more smoothly. For those who aren’t aware, there was a communications bug in our build that included the Auroria release. This bug was causing disconnections in the North America release. We caught and fixed it before Europe saw it.

Unfortunately, it was a bug that only shows up at full, live scale. We test builds over multiple days internally, and this one never reared its ugly head. We wish as much as you do that it would have, so we could have caught it early.

As a result, by the time Auroria shipped in North America, the servers were steadily around 80% of the population we would have expected. The game was playable; it just wasn’t at all the smooth experience it was supposed to be. For that we apologize, and we promise to do better.

The disconnection bug initially presented as if it was a problem with the systems that are used to patch files to your computer, systems which are under our management. Like most developers, we immediately assumed the problem was on our side, and not a problem in the game itself. At the time, we were confident that that was where the problem lay, because the game tested out perfectly well in prior days. That was our error. Words don’t exist to describe how sorry we are for missing that diagnosis.

By the time the bug was properly diagnosed, people had already made significant progress. The Auroria build itself was so complex that there was no reasonable way to go backwards to give everyone a second try. Even pausing the action by suspending the servers would not have changed the outcome at that point.

Among the things that we’re doing to avoid this in the future, we have accelerated our plans for a Public Test Server. It will be in place before the next major build is released. While we can’t guarantee that it would have caught this issue, we know that it would have had a higher chance of happening there, and as such, getting that new Test Server out there is among our highest priorities. Stay tuned over the next couple weeks for updates on the new Test Server.

Auroria’s Land

I won’t link to the hacker forums here, but those of you who read them have seen that the two biggest 3rd party programs were taken offline with the release of Auroria. We apologize for not being able to announce that ahead of time. We’re happy to say that now, instead of solely being reactive to them and banning them after the fact, we’re also able to protect against them before they can do any harm.

How did the land work out? There are tens of thousands of new, legitimate land owners in ArcheAge.

There were under 20 people, out of everyone online that day, globally, who ended up with more land claims than would have been reasonable. The overwhelming majority of land was claimed by to people just like you, who play the game legitimately and are here to be great members of the ArcheAge community. We were able to verify many as being guilds who coordinated extremely well. We are continuing to investigate the rest, and will action and remove their gains as necessary.

While this was an important positive step, the fight continues. There will be more tools built in to the client over the coming days and weeks to handle illicit modding as well as protect against future potential hacks. Keep in mind that we generally are only able to talk about them once they’ve launched and have proven effective, as giving bad actors a heads up as to what’s coming specifically often reduces the effectiveness of the things we do. Stay tuned for those releases!

In general, we do ask that you keep in mind that bad actors remain a minuscule fraction of the entire Archeage population. The majority of what we investigated as reports of “hacks” or “illegal land grabs” were people playing legitimately and coordinating well by maximizing their use of in-game classes, strategies, and tools available - which is much of what a winning strategy in ArcheAge is.

What Worked Well

Two Other Updates

- Victoria

DID U ALSO SAW THOSE FKIN MAJOR LAGS ON EU SERVER? 3 HOURS OF PURE SLIDESHOW FOR THOUSANDS OF PPL... but i bet u didnt see that :) and in 3 weeks where theres castles to attack/defend - u ll not see shjt again :)

Dey
11-07-2014, 07:30 PM

There is probably 1-3 land hackers per server with characters on both sides. Some likely with more land than they could handle and didn't grab any, or just reasonably grabbed some land not to call attention to themselves.

So you basically only are seeing the worst of the worst in that 20, and they still were able to land grab.

And you have the audacity to claim you are successfully combating them? From your own number there it looks like you basically haven't stopped anyone. Again the only ones you noticed are the greedy worst of the worst and they still got a bunch of land.

Dey
11-07-2014, 07:33 PM

The people that got castles and land, of course they'll say that, no matter how buggy and horrible it was.

If your servers can't handle large scale fights like in the Anya caves, how horrible do you think the sieges are going to be?

But again of course they are happy, they got theirs. And you are going by that and not the countless other threads with complaints? Seriously?

Pure PR propaganda.

Dey
11-07-2014, 07:34 PM
All this response has shown is not only is Trion completely out of touch, and incapable of running an MMO like this. But that they don't care, and will lie and cheat their players and don't care.

Pagan
11-07-2014, 07:36 PM

In addition, the 10% bonus credits from any Credit Packs purchases made after Head Start while you were a patron will be granted later today.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet so excuse me if this has been answered... but the initial selling point was:

•10% discount on Marketplace purchase

I don't see where it says anywhere there that the bonus only applied to items purchased from credit pack purchases made after headstart.

Sooo, my question is, are we getting that 10% discount rebate on items that we purchased with the credits that we had got with our Founder's packs or only on items bought from newly purchased credit packs?

Dey
11-07-2014, 07:36 PM
But the whole point of ArcheAge’s siege system is that castles can be taken.

Actually given the history on the Korean and Russia versions this isn't even true. There are hardly any castles that are taken.

You won't get a penny from me again.

Robvenom
11-07-2014, 07:50 PM
You are all so negative. Just go away already

taramjwi
11-07-2014, 07:52 PM
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet so excuse me if this has been answered... but the initial selling point was:

I don't see where it says anywhere there that the bonus only applied to items purchased from credit pack purchases made after headstart.

Sooo, my question is, are we getting that 10% discount rebate on items that we purchased with the credits that we had got with our Founder's packs or only on items bought from newly purchased credit packs?

booya... and actually it's about all purchases... nothing about credit packs... or credits you got with what ever... if you bought a ♥♥♥♥in lp potion... you should get a 10% discount... if you bought a mount you should get a 10% discount.... whatever the ♥♥♥♥ you buy... according to the way they coached it when you bought the original founders packs... anything you bought from the market you got the 10% discount... their current solution is basically a slap in the face & robbery...

Arialun
11-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Well, I can verify that I received those 10% bonus from buying credit pack few weeks back.

Thanks, Trion.

Pagan
11-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Well, I can verify that I received those 10% bonus from buying credit pack few weeks back.

Thanks, Trion.

Did you get your rebate from the credits, or the items you purchased "after launch" with those credits, that you had purchased as part of your founder's pack?

Ordos
11-07-2014, 08:05 PM
We (trion) want to make this right and by right ... we actually mean in a way that benefits us the most ... or causes the least amount of monetary damage to us (trion).

DamageControl
11-07-2014, 08:16 PM
I also don't understand the need to normalize the mounts and gliders? What is the purpose of obtaining the "better" mount/glider if they all are the same speed?

If a player has a faster/better glider, he DESERVES to be faster as it most surely was harder for him to acquire! It's THE REASON we all play mmo's. Did you not think this through?

also, you really should talk with XLGAMES to see if they can add a limit to the amount of houses/plots a single account can have. If you are looking to keep your paying subscribers happy, then you MUST make good on your selling point of offering everyone housing. You should limit each account to owning only one of
each plot type. You could run a script and remove plots from owners with duplicate plots/houses and refund their gilda stars/taxes/trees/ etc. It will be rough at first but IMO it will be one of the important steps to set this game backon a course for success

HellSeesYou
11-07-2014, 08:22 PM
funny thing is that my bank refused to accept my purchases with my cc cuz its TRion :D :D :D :D so i had to use rixty :D - now i know why :D

HellSeesYou
11-07-2014, 08:36 PM
@FireCait

Where was this "apology" three days ago? Why does there seem to be a constant lack of communication from Trion? Lets put aside the fact that the whole Auroria patch was quite possibly the biggest misstep I've ever seen in an online game. Lets put aside all of the missteps with this game in general. The communication from Trion is the worst. You guys need to go take a good hard look at the Marvel Heroes development team and what they're doing. They are in CONSTANT COMMUNICATION with their community. Playing this sorry excuse for a game just makes me realize how much I miss that. Now take a guess as to what I'm going to do right now? That's correct, cancel my account and go back to Marvel Heroes.

We are sorry bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkfomrFhlDE

Budeholly
11-07-2014, 08:55 PM
funny thing is that my bank refused to accept my purchases with my cc cuz its TRion :D :D :D :D so i had to use rixty :D - now i know why :D

Your bank was helping you out man.. Shoulda listened to them!

Arialun
11-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Did you get your rebate from the credits, or the items you purchased "after launch" with those credits, that you had purchased as part of your founder's pack?

From credits pack, I bought the $20 pack around last week.

jbrutal
11-07-2014, 09:04 PM
gj ruining a good game playing less and less each day

Anak Kecil
11-07-2014, 09:05 PM
I need the exact time when the Siege Castle is begin (Attacking time) for NA and EU, my guild until now is still confused, cause we need to know what time the war begin (not the scroll AH time), to execute our plan and organize the member who can join and who cant. I cant find anywhere for this very important info......

celta
11-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Exactly what reality are you guy living in?
EVERYONE that did get logged in on release day (and there weren't more than 10%) all complained about land instantly being grabbed in bulk when No ONE else was around. (so much for stopping that exploit) Also people that were monitoring your IP traffic clearly noted that your servers were blocking all but a few IP domains. Along with the land grab cheat there is now the instant grow exploit that every GM knows about but refuses to even ban people over it. This has trashed the marked for Thunder Struck Trees, hell it has trashed the entire games economy.

Once great job at ♥♥♥♥ing up by NOT rolling back the game and re-launching the expansion the next day EXACTLY like you screwed the Founders.

MaddSeazyn
11-07-2014, 10:27 PM
You will never, ever get another penny from me. You already got $150 too much but hindsight is 20/20.

If I were not an Officer of the guild I'm in at this point I would walk away faster than the Gods could disconnect me... Again.

jaaxx
11-07-2014, 11:37 PM
I've also cancelled my sub and requested a chargeback for every purchase made for a product that was never delivered. Good job ruining this game. I'll never play another Trion game - Ever.

Supermoep
11-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Hi there,

fight on EU servers was great, NA deserves a rollback (I assume you got a backup .. ;-] )

However, is there an ETA on the new Auroria content? It seems a lot of stuff ist still missing/was patched out of the game, as far as I have been told.

Wreckitralph
11-08-2014, 12:17 AM
We saw pirates band together to help out “the little guy” guild in the face of what would otherwise have been overwhelming opposition.

- Victoria

Yeah that's <Outcry> on Ollo! we helped two "little guy" guilds get two seige castles! Marcala and Calmlands. The calmlands is actually a pirate castle. It has been done!

Rekikyo
11-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Firecait, with due respect, I know quite vividly that hacks and macros were used to capture land. There are several problems with the criteria you are using to distinguish between hackers, and legitimate action:

1. In this care many of the hackers were indeed guilded, and were indeed 50, and were indeed active members of the community. Most were present at the event. That is undisputeable.

2. What we are calling hacks arent really hacks but rather client side patches and edits. I've used one in a previous game (after all I've been playing games since before Starcraft and Diablo became hacker playgrounds). I also know that for the most part, those edits are undetectable through simple screening.

People HAVE removed the confirm button from their land plant, and they've also been able to plant 4-5 houses at once. I saw it happen several times on my server, as I was at EVERY LODESTONE CAPTURE. The entire map went claimed within 3 -5 seconds in every instance even amidst 200 vs 200 pvp that should have everyone sweating detected, and in the fight. But I actually saw people who were pvping, claim 4 plots of land and actually went through to check and make sure. The biggest farm claims I saw, had 10 units in under 3 seconds. There is no humanly possible way that could have occurred with "just planning."

Now I'm not saying that real players couldn't claim, but they didnt even claim half of the land, and the proof is simply visual, if you look at the farm development in Auroria; nearly 90% of the farms or better, haven't even begun to be developed. The names are not of reputable players, but rather players no one seems to know.

Furthermore, Ollo is a prime example of a server that lacked any guild organization whatsoever, or room for large scale planning. Our tops guilds all developed alliances, and all of those alliances fell through and they spent a better part of the event PKing each other. Our Eastern Faction only got one castle, and it was by a guild everyone calls the "West Spies," because they seem to pvp with reds against own faction regularly, and have very strong intimate ties to some of the west guilds.

Furthermore, 2 of the West guilds who claimed castles, have less than 100 active members, and only had some 20 members present. When the lodestones popped on their region, the main area literally was covered with houses in 3 seconds, even with only 20 people, and a restriction on the Lodestone region that is Guild Only. In the other regions it was a virtual free for all, but still people got 5-6 properties. I had over 220% increased stealth detection, and I still didn't see anyone near by on some of the house claims. Furthermore, guild coordination doesnt explain why the houses were all situated in ways that blocked the most possible development. They fit like puzzle pieces, blocking off just enough land to prevent other planters. A guild coordination wouldnt be able to do that, simply because they would make mistakes, which mean 6-10 seconds would go by while they try to rearrange the land for an okay. This didn't happen at all.

Me personally? I didn't mind because I know once hackers sell to other players, those players become the owners, and the option for the hacker to get back land is slim. In the long run their impact is minimal. I do think Rumble Archeum trees are going to kill this game, as well as the Hasla weapons. You're effectively killing crafting by those two moves. Glider balance is something I also don't understand, because gliders dont play big pvp roles except escape. it was an area for not to worry-differentiation, and you took it away.

Rumble Archeum Tree has essentially destroyed the game's ONLY rare item that could be considered currency. And no offense, but we need an item like that to vault poor players into the middle class. Otherwise, there are the rich, and the poor, and a huge chasm in the middle. Not only did it destroy the currency, it also made inflation of gold supply accelerate, by making fishing boats and Farm wagons too easy to Acquire. Now, Trade runes will yield twice the gold, and there will be more Fishers spot fishing for a quick income. Furthermore, you eliminated Tree planting as a gold sink, because effectively Archeum is the only thing people will plant or see worth planting. It's a pure Pay to win move, and it's going to lose you most of your population (and I'm not someone who normally says that; I tend to understand your moves and play them off as temporary meddling; but nonconsequential. This move is consequential, and made your game effective the equivelant of a 3-4 year old game with imbalances. Nothing was imbalanced, except for someone's impulse to meddle with the mall, and offer over powered items very quickly. You also destroyed the Purse Market for Larceny.)

I really hope you'll consider rollbacking that item, and reimbursing players who got them. It's a game breaker pure and simple.

jpathomas
11-08-2014, 12:54 AM
I honestly can't tell you how tired I am of hearing "you deserved better and we're very sorry". Talk is cheep and there is no way you can spin 1/5 of your games population LOCKED OUT as if it was still fair for the other 4/5ths. All those people who didn't get disconnected and locked out got an instant 20% easier button, because they didn't have to compete against the rest of us. I'm sure there were some good fights, I'm sure there were some heroic moments, but those do not outweigh the fact that your failure to implement this once in a lifetime event fairly has screwed a significant part of your player base.

I'm sick of pretty words backed up by nothing. You admit you it was your responsibility, you admit you failed, you admit your paying customers were injured by this and your only response is to "try" and make sure it never happens again? When would that be possible? IT WAS A ONE TIME EVENT! You can not make this up to us with an apology backed by NOTHING.

Pay for your own mistakes instead of making your paying customers pay for you.

Roll it back.

BetaCake
11-08-2014, 01:04 AM

Thanks for the hard work guys. 10% bonus sounds great, thanks for the incentive to buy credits.

Now please bring us Lv55, Library and Auroria weaps?

Oh and thanks for banning the land hackers' main accounts, that should give them a warning.

Overall, gj.

ArcheKnight
11-08-2014, 02:59 AM
Don't expect Trion/XLGames to change. They won't. Don't give them any more money. Get refunds. When that doesn't work file chargebacks. Don't let them steal your money with lies and bait and switch practices.

Tavock
11-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Smedley is that you??

DragonAlex
11-08-2014, 04:59 AM
Too little, too late and too many lies.

Trion this is the last MMO you'll ever sell to anyone.

Lol Founders don't even get something because only AFTER HEADSTART! You ♥♥♥♥ing liers!

Kraun
11-08-2014, 05:42 AM
ArcheAge Producer Update #4: Auroria, Land, Sieges, and looking forward

I suggest you start looking backwards, and fast, the way the company is going "forward" right now is going to one direction and one direction only, to their own demise. Milk em while you can would better fit the company slogan.

Viktor Xen
11-08-2014, 05:51 AM
My main objection is still that my patron time continued to tick away while I was unable to log in.
It's not like I was at work and the game was accessable- The patron time should not be used when
the servers are down, or during BS like the Aereola fiasco.

10% credit purchases? Get real. I tried to log in for 20 hours.... It is likely I would not have
gotten any land- I still don't have a 16x16-but at least would like to have been able to try.

But once again, my issue is that Patron time, that I paid for with real cash- is being deducted when
the game is not accessable. Sub cancelled. Furthermore, I'm insulted.

greyline
11-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Good job spreading the blame for this disaster. There's a whole lot of "we" in your original post, and not a single "I". Basically, no one is taking responsibility for the problems, mistakes, and shortfalls; instead, the nebulous "we" takes the blame. Who is "we"? It's everyone and no one. It doesn't matter. When nobody steps up and takes responsibility it just inspires resentment and anger, as anyone who read any of the replies in this post can clearly see.

So enough with the tropes "mistakes were made" and "we are sorry", find someone to step up to the plate and take full responsibility and then correct the problems that lead up to this event. Surely Trion is examining and knows what those problems are, right?

BigMac
11-08-2014, 07:25 AM
I need the exact time when the Siege Castle is begin (Attacking time) for NA and EU, my guild until now is still confused, cause we need to know what time the war begin (not the scroll AH time), to execute our plan and organize the member who can join and who cant. I cant find anywhere for this very important info......

The first siege can't begin for six more weeks. There's plenty of time to get that info out.

Imperium
11-08-2014, 07:33 AM

Well that was a short reprieve looks like hackers are back to me. On the Calliel server today I was witness for perceived land hacking. There was a 24x24 built thatched with attached 16x16 expiring about 4 minutes apart. Of course there was about a dozen people standing around waiting for it, we all roamed around looking at who was there and chatting about the new TS prices etc. Thatched time expires boom instant 16x16 and 8x8 pop in its place. We all look around call the new owner out nothing the new owner is not present. /s damn land hackers

Ok moving on to the next 16x16 as its up in 3 more minutes. Same thing happens with same guy who still isnt present. I guess the battle you claim you won the day of Auroria launch is now being lost.

I have submitted information on the support for this issue hopefully you catch the guy.

ohlendorf345
11-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Goodbye to this money grab, customer butt ♥♥♥♥ing company. "I'm sorry" or "We're sorry" doesn't mean much when it's coming from someone who already punched you in the mouth and took your lunch money.

Blaine
11-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Way to screw over the Founders. A perk clearly outlined for Founders is not being given. So much for the "no tricks no traps" thing huh?

Trion you've really screwed the pooch here - this game had some serious potential, but you've effectively ruined it in a few short months. You won't get another penny from me.

ArcheKnight
11-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Goodbye to this money grab, customer butt ♥♥♥♥ing company. "I'm sorry" or "We're sorry" doesn't mean much when it's coming from someone who already punched you in the mouth and took your lunch money.

Don't forget that they are also not going to give it back, but they really hope that you can forgive them anyways.

Kailani
11-08-2014, 10:15 AM
@FireCait

Questions;

When will the sieges beggin?
How long will the siege period last?
How many days of biddings we will have before sieges?
When will the bidding scroll be released?

=) Thanks for the hard work!

Investment
11-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Trion and producer flamecat:

You apologize for bad service? I apologize for "forgetting" where my wallet is.

How you like them apples?

UWSoulReaper
11-08-2014, 10:20 AM
I usually don't get in on these ranting posts but, I was there in Calliel on patch day when TBT took their castles. The land filled up in seconds without there being near enough people there to make it happen. I couldn't find anywhere to lay a cottage..

I think some of your software is failing you Trion.. you got it wrong here. You should listen too us.

Should we be searching for hack forums to find out ways of grabbing legally other than being there at the spot trying to lay the plan down at the right time? ( I would never do this even if you suggested it..) I'm kinda confused on this one.

Massivley Article hits the nail on the Head.. http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/07/lost-continent-its-getting-harder-to-like-archeage/

I'm not quitting Archeage as there is nothing else out there and I have A great group of folks to play with every night in my guild. It's just sad to see what's happening with it all.

bgo20
11-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Hey guys so do you feel like quitting the game?

Check out this MMO. I'm just a player in there but we desperately need more people and the developers aren't advertising this game enough. It's a great steampunk fantasy game with excellent graphics and lot of content. It's called Black Gold Online.

Little history from a veteran player's point of few...

The game used to be p2w in the beginning and that drove all people away but they've recently been making it less and less p2w. The upcoming patch is even more important in becoming f2p game and a new class & race coming with it. It's finally heading towards the right direction so new players need to know that. Some of the top ranked players in the game are completely f2p players and they're really good.

Game has a lot to offer. You'll be occupied with a lot of things to do daily especially dungeon raids and PvP. Open world PvP of course. Balanced arenas for any level also. Upgradeable end-game gear through level caps. Class balances are coming in the game. It's still in open beta and no wipe at release. Check it out below.

http://bg.snailgame.com/

UWSoulReaper
11-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Been there done that, it's just one of those almost good enough but no.. the engine is to clunky.

EntropicLynx
11-08-2014, 11:33 AM
OMG, finally the bloody forum website appears like it might let me post a reply!

Anyway, I have a question. And I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, I don't have the time to read through all 24 pages of this thread just to look for it. If it has already been *answered* by official Trion staff of some sort, please post a link to the correct post.

Here's my question: With the siege mechanics being based on a consumable item posted to the AH, is there anything in place to prevent guilds that have established their castles from buying the siege tokens to protect themselves? Hopefully it would be cost-prohibitive for a guild to buy more than one such token, but at the same time, tokens will need to be inexpensive enough that any guild purchasing one to actually use it would have at least some expectation of getting their money's worth if they successfully take the castle. That is, the value of production of the land once owned should be high enough to justify the cost of a siege token based on how long you expect to be able to hold the castle against future sieges. But if a guild owns a castle on Auroria already, they could find it worthwhile to purchase siege tokens, not for use, but to reduce the number of purchasable tokens available for use against them. So my question again is if there is anything to prevent them from doing that?

Because if there is no such prevention in place, then what you will end up with is guilds who already have control, purchasing tokens merely to help protect that control. Which will result in super-wealthy guilds being in a position where they are difficult to supplant. All this will do is drive up bid prices, making it so that only the super-wealthy even have a chance of getting a siege token. Eventually the price will be driven high enough that a successful bid for a siege token would hardly be worth it, because not only is there the risk of failure and being defeated by the defending guild, but the cost of the siege token would be so high that even if you are successful you would be hard-pressed to make enough production of wealth to break even, let alone profit. That will lead to stagnation, and eventually well-established and powerful guilds will have castles locked in that no one will even attempt to siege.

And that sort of eventual outcome may happen anyway, as people will scramble to try and join, and protect, guilds that have established castles, thus swelling the numbers for such guilds and weakening others. But if guilds that have castles can purchase siege tokens to protect themselves by reducing the chances of being sieged (one less token, one less possible siege against them), then that sort of stagnation will occur even more quickly.

Where's the play and counter-play required for good large-scale PvP at that point?

So again, is there a system in place to prevent or at least curtail that possible issue?

Thanks,
Entropic Lynx

Andurial
11-08-2014, 11:43 AM
WAKE UP! and unban all those innocent players!

Oliia
11-08-2014, 12:53 PM
My question is this Scapes even told us during the launch of Auroria while everyone was locked out of the game that he and you I would assume couldn't even get access to the game so how did you monitor all of this while it was going on if you couldn't even get into the game either?

Ripurxss
11-08-2014, 01:35 PM
OMG, finally the bloody forum website appears like it might let me post a reply!

Anyway, I have a question. And I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, I don't have the time to read through all 24 pages of this thread just to look for it. If it has already been *answered* by official Trion staff of some sort, please post a link to the correct post.

Here's my question: With the siege mechanics being based on a consumable item posted to the AH, is there anything in place to prevent guilds that have established their castles from buying the siege tokens to protect themselves? Hopefully it would be cost-prohibitive for a guild to buy more than one such token, but at the same time, tokens will need to be inexpensive enough that any guild purchasing one to actually use it would have at least some expectation of getting their money's worth if they successfully take the castle. That is, the value of production of the land once owned should be high enough to justify the cost of a siege token based on how long you expect to be able to hold the castle against future sieges. But if a guild owns a castle on Auroria already, they could find it worthwhile to purchase siege tokens, not for use, but to reduce the number of purchasable tokens available for use against them. So my question again is if there is anything to prevent them from doing that?

Because if there is no such prevention in place, then what you will end up with is guilds who already have control, purchasing tokens merely to help protect that control. Which will result in super-wealthy guilds being in a position where they are difficult to supplant. All this will do is drive up bid prices, making it so that only the super-wealthy even have a chance of getting a siege token. Eventually the price will be driven high enough that a successful bid for a siege token would hardly be worth it, because not only is there the risk of failure and being defeated by the defending guild, but the cost of the siege token would be so high that even if you are successful you would be hard-pressed to make enough production of wealth to break even, let alone profit. That will lead to stagnation, and eventually well-established and powerful guilds will have castles locked in that no one will even attempt to siege.

And that sort of eventual outcome may happen anyway, as people will scramble to try and join, and protect, guilds that have established castles, thus swelling the numbers for such guilds and weakening others. But if guilds that have castles can purchase siege tokens to protect themselves by reducing the chances of being sieged (one less token, one less possible siege against them), then that sort of stagnation will occur even more quickly.

Where's the play and counter-play required for good large-scale PvP at that point?

So again, is there a system in place to prevent or at least curtail that possible issue?

Thanks,
Entropic Lynx

I agreed on the control of tokens esp if the guild is rich enough to win majority of bids to protect its castle just like PWI bidding system for territory war which the defending guild use alternate guilds to win all the bids which prevent other actual guilds to attack them.

What I mean of alternate guilds is the defending guild create small guilds and use them to bid for attacking themselves. But I hope this won't happened in Archeage.

Mum
11-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Victoria "FireCait" Producer,

Really ? Is that all you have to say? What are you smoking or is this just a smoke bomb? Go google ARCHBUDDY. Pay a sum equivalent one month patron AND Tell me the CONTENT there are not true. You tackling outsiders. BUT do you know that your employees are playing on your head too? Good luck to a wonderful concept game. Ruin by bad publishers.

dagrin007
11-08-2014, 03:41 PM
FireCait,
Is there an update on server transfers? The last note that I had seen was from Scapes stating that it had been requested of XLGames and Trion was awaiting a response. I would dearly love to be able to transfer my character from Tahyang to Calleil. We were unable to login during the initial HeadStart land grab on Tahyang due to the server issues and the majority of the credits spent from my HeadStart package were spent on my Tahayng character. Any news on the status of character transfers would be most welcome.

Wintour
11-08-2014, 05:17 PM
=) Thanks for the hard work!

Yes, royally ♥♥♥♥ing up a potentially great game is hard work.

rawfox
11-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Fix the crashes please !

BigMac
11-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Thanks,
Entropic Lynx

Hi mate. There is no system in place to prevent a wealthy guild from buying their own token week after week to avoid having to defend. There was no such restriction in Korea or Russia nor did it exist here during Alpha.

[EDIT] Even if / when such restrictions are added, a large guild can simply form sub guilds with their ALTS and the sub guild buys the tokens IF they are looking to avoid a siege. My guild, Mostly Harmless on Kyrios, looks forward to defending our keep.

Here you can see the vid of the battles that night and preview all 4 keeps on Kyrios:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?115731

EntropicLynx
11-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Hi mate. There is no system in place to prevent a wealthy guild from buying their own token week after week to avoid having to defend. There was no such restriction in Korea or Russia nor did it exist here during Alpha.

Thanks for the info. I'm not in the habit of checking versions of games from other countries, as I can't read them when they aren't in English, so I don't get preview info that is sometimes available from earlier releases like that.

Thanks for letting me know. Everyone get ready to join mega guilds or never have any chance at anything in Auroria.

Later,
Entropic Lynx

Zachev
11-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm not in the habit of checking versions of games from other countries, as I can't read them when they aren't in English, so I don't get preview info that is sometimes available from earlier releases like that.

Thanks for letting me know. Everyone get ready to join mega guilds or never have any chance at anything in Auroria.

Later,
Entropic Lynx

The thing is, while that one super large guild may be able to buy it 2 or 3 times in a row, they are spending 100% of that gold every single time, and must make it all back every 3 weeks. This way, smaller guilds can compound their gold by bidding every time and forcing the price of not fighting up, while also saving their gold for the next time assuming they don't win the bid.

The system is fine.

Kioko
11-09-2014, 02:52 AM

- Victoria

So you did absolutely nothing.

I just want to add my voice as another person who quit and uninstalled due to this.

Atrak
11-09-2014, 04:48 AM
Please, can you tell us when the Tax system will be fixed?

You've mentioned before that it's broken (ie that all plots after 10 cost the exact same as the 10th plot), and that you are working on a fix, but It seems that fixing this rather massive issue before Auroria's land was released would have been pretty important.

PetereteP
11-09-2014, 10:32 AM
When are server mergers going to happen? Each server does not even make it to high status anymore since auroria and it is very obvious ingame. Will we be able to pay to switch to another merged server? Thanks

Tahlen
11-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Royally ♥♥♥♥ed up this time Trion. I will be reading about this company in a few years about what happened to cause this company to go bankrupt. I dont even want to say your company name anymore. Just disgusted. Uninstalled Rift and AA. So sad. You guys had a gem here and completely ruined it.

Very pissed off with this company