PDA

View Full Version : AA & Factions - How will they work?

Inattentive
04-03-2014, 02:18 PM
"Gotta Pop A Question!"

First :
I know very little, lets say allmost nothing about AA besides the references i can make with other MMORPG's and AA-Source.
What i do understand is that AA will be a realy open and new expierence to most of us.

But i'm for the moment rather wondering how the faction system will work.(In the future, if?)
Will the power of the mightiest faction be felt within the lands throughout brute force,economic power(Controling market prices or such) and wealth?Making it less possible for a "newer" faction to rise up?

And will there be a political system intrigrated so when people "bound" to that faction will be able to help guiding the faction as an individual, a democracy/and on the other hand a dictatorship(if wanted) you can say.

I started wondering about this because there is the known court-system (player controled i assumed?)

If anybody could help me out with this one, i would appreciate it.

Grtz.

VMBarbosa
04-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Seeing as how guilds can become their own faction I would not be surprised if this would become an ingame factor.

AeonAuron
04-04-2014, 01:58 AM
There are 3 NPC factions in game: Western (Nuia), Eastern (Haranya) and Pirate Faction. When a guild gets strong enough, it can claim a zone on Northern Continent (Auroria) and call it a faction. Politics and strategic gameplay are really important when you got your own faction. You will have castle, even multiple castles on your faction to defend yourself, you might also want to conquer other castles and it goes on. Also economics plays role as well. To attack a castle, you need to buy related item (certificate?) from AH to be able to start a war against that guild who owns the castle. So you don't only need man power, you also need the money, a lot of money.

And that's all i know about factions. I don't think you got your answers very well but i hope that helped a bit :D

KeksX
04-04-2014, 02:14 AM
So far factions only control their respective castles and can put other factions, including the Nuian and Harani Alliance(Starting factions), on enemy/friend status. Other than that there are a few other perks but so far nothing big.

If you are interested in how to make a faction, I wrote a small guide about it:
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1947-player-factions-in-archeage-how-to-make/

Inattentive
04-04-2014, 03:44 AM
There are 3 NPC factions in game: Western (Nuia), Eastern (Haranya) and Pirate Faction. When a guild gets strong enough, it can claim a zone on Northern Continent (Auroria) and call it a faction. Politics and strategic gameplay are really important when you got your own faction. You will have castle, even multiple castles on your faction to defend yourself, you might also want to conquer other castles and it goes on. Also economics plays role as well. To attack a castle, you need to buy related item (certificate?) from AH to be able to start a war against that guild who owns the castle. So you don't only need man power, you also need the money, a lot of money.

And that's all i know about factions. I don't think you got your answers very well but i hope that helped a bit :D

At least you've made it clear to me NPC factions are not "safe haven". So you did help me out ;).

Inattentive
04-04-2014, 03:49 AM
So far factions only control their respective castles and can put other factions, including the Nuian and Harani Alliance(Starting factions), on enemy/friend status. Other than that there are a few other perks but so far nothing big.

If you are interested in how to make a faction, I wrote a small guide about it:
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1947-player-factions-in-archeage-how-to-make/

I've read it before i joined on this forum,like many other guides that is :).. Was helpfull on getting a small insight on how to create one (and the time you will be needing to spend in it).

But in general how factions can/will be controled is still a mystery to me.
Besides they can raise/lower taxes and stuff, i realy wonder in what amount a player who joined a certain faction can suggest his idea towards them.
When i look at xsyon, the factions there are more controled like a dictator ship(most of them).

Gues i will only know when the game is in OB. :P

KeksX
04-04-2014, 03:52 AM
Thats pretty much the case in AA as well, I believe they even official have a "King" ingame that cannot be put on trial etc.

Kit7ycat
04-04-2014, 05:32 AM
so you become King and you have the right to murder and steel without consequences? hmm there has to be something to stop this happening. No actual King or Queen is really above the law. I gonna guess there is something that stops this happening.

but does sound fun. :)

fearNuke
04-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Well if the king or queen murders and steals from there faction members they risk a splitter faction forming to take all there stuff. Like any game, the leader has to be honest or people wont follow them. There doesnt need to be more punishment than everyone leaving and killing you haha

Kurei
04-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Well if the king or queen murders and steals from there faction members they risk a splitter faction forming to take all there stuff. Like any game, the leader has to be honest or people wont follow them. There doesnt need to be more punishment than everyone leaving and killing you haha

Somehow I could see this happening, too.

I know in Rift, the guild I was in had a HUUUUGE political falling out. I can only imagine it getting worse in a game with open PvP and the ability to gather resources to build your own faction. Set them as an enemy, then take them down without hesitation. Ouchies.

shadole
04-09-2014, 12:18 PM
it will be interesting to see how the faction system will work ingame.

SaraNeto
04-11-2014, 02:21 AM
I have a question as well: is there a quest or any other way for ou to be accepted as an ally of both(Eastern and Western) factions?

krallang
04-11-2014, 03:17 AM
If you become a pirate there is a quest for you to be able to rejoin your original faction once your criminal points decrease.

While its not possible to switch factions now, all it would take would be a quick change to the coding.

I think its something that could be implemented. I think the requirement of making you become a pirate first from your original faction before joining the other one would be a nice twist.

SaraNeto
04-11-2014, 03:25 AM
I have a question as well: is there a quest or any other way for ou to be accepted as an ally of both(Eastern and Western) factions?

If you become a pirate there is a quest for you to be able to rejoin your original faction once your criminal points decrease.

While its not possible to switch factions now, all it would take would be a quick change to the coding.

I think its something that could be implemented. I think the requirement of making you become a pirate first from your original faction before joining the other one would be a nice twist.

While I think, being able to be a hero for both factions will be a very cool feature for the personal story of your character, of course that quest/event/warever would probably be very long or at the least very hard. Yet I would love if something like that was possible.

Inattentive
04-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Well, what will happen if people start making their own factions? I think(hope) player made factions realy won't bother the quest-line in your original faction you've started...?

Maybe a system like in eve-online.
Big pve-corps "neutral" towards playermade-corps?
That people willing to do pve in a playermade faction still be able to do them?

krallang
04-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Well, what will happen if people start making their own factions? I think(hope) player made factions realy won't bother the quest-line in your original faction you've started...?

Maybe a system like in eve-online.
Big pve-corps "neutral" towards playermade-corps?
That people willing to do pve in a playermade faction still be able to do them?

I Think its a choice you have to make, one way or the other and I like it. Players will have to choose wisely.

Aelos
04-11-2014, 06:43 PM
I started wondering about this because there is the known court-system (player controled i assumed?)

Yeah, they pick random juries (players) and make a decision how long you serve in prison (There is ways to escape prison too)

Inattentive
04-18-2014, 06:49 AM
I Think its a choice you have to make, one way or the other and I like it. Players will have to choose wisely.

Yes,but to "choose wisely" you will be needing alot of background information :P.

Aurelius Luna
04-18-2014, 06:56 AM
very nice thread, it was of help.

jorwon
04-18-2014, 01:38 PM
interesting thoughts. if I led a guild powerful enough to have a castle I would create an alliance with 2-3other castle owning guilds to corner the market and stem anyone else from rising up..lol..until they all unite against the alliance and wage a server wide war. alliance vs coalition. dare I say legen....dairy

Inattentive
04-19-2014, 01:11 PM
very nice thread, it was of help.
Thats the main purpose of forums :P.
Got your own questiosn just make a post and see what other people think or have to say about it ;)

Inattentive
04-19-2014, 01:12 PM
interesting thoughts. if I led a guild powerful enough to have a castle I would create an alliance with 2-3other castle owning guilds to corner the market and stem anyone else from rising up..lol..until they all unite against the alliance and wage a server wide war. alliance vs coalition. dare I say legen....dairy

Lets hope people dont do that :P I like the idea but that would be tiranic :o

Scubast3v33
04-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I think if you can make a player made faction with eases then you deserve to run that faction in the game and change the PvP in game.

Eilios
04-19-2014, 07:55 PM
In my opinion this is one of the best aspects of the game. As a guild leader for the last ~13 years, I've waited sooooo looong for a game in this style to do this sort of thing. I can't wait to get a faction of Sovereign Legion X going, then possibly unite with other factions (if necessary per the world and such) to create "The Grand Alliance". It will be the most fun I've EVER had on a game. I hope I get to test this soon, so I can really start posting videos, pics, and info for my guildies and such.

SnowGod
04-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Creating a faction is a very extensive process, you need one member that has gotten all the vehicles in the game (or so I've heard from the AARU version) and you also need a extensive amount of materials to actually make the item to crate the faction. So in a way only the biggest and most successful guilds would even be able to achieve such a feat. That said creating a faction does not necessarily grant you any benefits other than you being able to ally with other guilds and being able to invite people from both continents.

As a faction you don't have any political control over anything but you can (or from what I've heard) make it so that your faction can kill anyone but those who you're allied to without gaining any Crime Points ( I'm not to sure about this as nobody in my server on AARU has actually achieved creating a faction).

Svyndari
04-20-2014, 10:30 AM
I have a feeling that we may not see such faction for quite a while considering the amount of time, money, and effort that goes into it. It would be interesting to see differently alliances between created factions (and of course the rival battles). I just hope that one faction doesn't become so dominant that you are forced into joining them in order to not become slaughtered instantaneously up entering open waters. Kind of curious as to how they plan on balancing that. I'm all for "if you work for it...you've earned it..", however there is such a thing as too much power.