PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Australia, Plus Some Questions About the Game!

DeathSticks
06-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Hey!

I'm very excited to jump into the beta once it's out, unfortunately i can't really justify $150 for an alpha to the lady she'd probably burn me at a stake!

The thing probably appealing to me most right now is the caravan and cross seas trading aspects, I used to play a MMO by the name of Silkroad Online back in the day (before it even had the european expansion and was only chinas end of the road) and one thing that i absolutely loved was running my camels back and forth between citys with the risk of bandits. (that grind though really killed it for me 1000 chakjis srsly)

What's the trading experience currently like in arch age?

How early on will i be able to enjoy shipping goods between towns? (and eventually i assume oceans being the ultimate form?)

what's the systems like? do i buy goods from a merchant vendor and sell for profits? or do I have to craft everything i wish to sell and try and market it to players?

Is there trade only goods (like spices etc) or do traders usually ship gear such as weapons and armor?

How enjoyable is trading as a mechanic by itself? can i level up just trading and are their dedicated trading guilds?

What about pirates/bandits? is there any thresholds or anything for risk free trading? (silkroad had a star system based on the value of goods)

Cant wait to play !

Rivenism
06-18-2014, 02:12 AM
!. Trading, is enjoyable.
2. Around level 10 is teaches you how, but you could technically anytime.
3. You can gather, craft, or loot, fish, there is a lot of ways to make profits than i listed.
4. Lot of trade goods. From spices, to stone, to specific things like Rice. It's all based in certain zones have like 4.
5. there is trading guilds, i don't think you can level from only trading.
6. Pirates can steal your tradepacks there is big risk across sea. Value is based on distance and based on how many people are doing that specifc trade route.

DeathSticks
06-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Awesome thanks for the response :)

XxAlucardxX
06-19-2014, 09:57 AM
hello and welcome to the community and forum !!