PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge to Launch with XLGames' Patch 1.2

Pages : [1] 2

Scapes
06-18-2014, 08:03 PM
If you've been following ArcheAge, you may have heard about a game update simply called Patch 1.0.

Initially released in Korea, this update has been the source of no small amount of concern from our ArcheAge community since we announced the game was coming to North America and Europe. Upon seeing the behavior of the patch's changes in the wild, the game's developer, XLGames, agreed that ArcheAge's balance and feel had shifted in an unintentional direction. Behind the scenes, we've been carefully following public feedback over the past few months, and had a chance to exhaustively test out the update on our own internal servers. While there are a number of gameplay improvements, we agree with their conclusion.

Both Trion Worlds and XLGames are eager to maintain the game's sandbox nature. Our mutual, overriding goal has always been to release the best quality, most fun experience possible. Toward that end, members of our ArcheAge Team visited XLGames this past week to discuss Patch 1.0. Together, we've forged the best possible path to launch for Trion Worlds' version of ArcheAge.

We're thrilled to announce that both Trion Worlds and XLGames have agreed that it's best for us go live with Patch 1.2's amazing improvements when we launch with English, French, and German languages in 2014. Launching with Patch 1.2 is a challenge as it adds over 70,000 words to translate. Since we want a complete English translation before introducing a larger audience to the game, this does mean that our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks. That means that we can't announce a specific date for the first Beta right now, but we wanted to get the great news about the game itself out as early as possible.

Patch 1.2 also introduces a host of exciting improvements on its own, including increased experience per Labor Point spent, a searchable crafting folio that works with recipe or ingredient names, significantly reduced (from Patch 1.0) glider turbulence on the high sea, and the ability to earn experience from crafting with maxed-out professions and participating in PvP during a war. Additionally, the Marketplace (in-game store) will be available before Beta begins and we'll grant testers sufficient currency to test it out. It's important to note that our previously announced game improvements such as international trade routes granting Gilda Stars, storyline quests earning experience, and trade packs dividing turn-in rewards 80/20 between pack holder and pack owner will persist through this update.

We're actively working with XLGames to bring our first build featuring Patch 1.2 changes to our Alpha server for gameplay testing and feedback. Since time is of the essence, we will not be holding this build back while waiting on complete translation, meaning that our Alpha testers will see partially translated content and will be asked to focus their feedback purely on how the gameplay feels. Rest assured, we do not anticipate the need to wipe the Alpha server for this update.

With this new game plan announced, the team is very interested to hear your thoughts and to be able to answer your questions. Our weekly livestream will be all about our visit with XLGames and the news revealed in this announcement. Ask your questions in this forum thread and then join us tomorrow afternoon on Twitch where we'll field as many as possible.

Our sincere thanks to each and every one of you for being a member of ArcheAge's pre-launch community. We're glad you're on this adventure with us!

The ArcheAge Team

Krogger
06-18-2014, 08:15 PM
yay finally !! now we just need to know when we are getting the build on alpha server x.x

The Rayne Man
06-18-2014, 08:16 PM
ty based trion

Scapes
06-18-2014, 08:17 PM
yay finally !! now we just need to know when we getting the build on alpha server x.x

Few weeks. Aiming for very few.

Lawshow
06-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Was worth the wait, thanks <3

Krogger
06-18-2014, 08:18 PM

well this is promising

Ashai
06-18-2014, 08:19 PM
>.> *puts a record player out for scapes*

Poppaea
06-18-2014, 08:20 PM
good news. thanks for the update

Qova
06-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Oh man I can't wait for this balanced pvp! :D

Soutalgon
06-18-2014, 08:25 PM
100%/0% or riot

SaltyPirate
06-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Game needs to come out 6 months of alpha isnt cool.

rocdog
06-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Game needs to come out 6 months of alpha isnt cool.

I'm having fun.

Asunah
06-18-2014, 08:29 PM
100%/0% or riot

ValorLotD
06-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Will you be able to put up patch notes before or after 1.2?

Brutus
06-18-2014, 08:32 PM
what about 1.0 patch with Dev tools to ban the bots and gold spam ? it's RU all over again ..

Scapes
06-18-2014, 08:33 PM
100%/0% or riot

100%/0% or riot

Copypasta is fruitless. If you want to see a change to the game, communicate your opinion constructively and back it up with gameplay experiences and rational reasoning.

Scapes

Near to when it is made available on the Alpha server.

rocdog
what about 1.0 patch with Dev tools to ban the bots and gold spam ? it's RU all over again ..

That would be a waste of resources, which are obviously already stretched pretty thin.

iwearsuits
06-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Does this mean the level cap at release will be 55?

Scapes

Or the sky is not falling and we're aware of the need for improved spam countermeasures.

Scapes

No, not at this time.

Zend
06-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Looking forward to it. Don't feel pressured to rush things Trion. Take your time and get it right. You may lose some of the people with A.D.D. but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Kutsus
06-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Scapes, I like your attitude. The real testers know the meaning of "It's not done until it's done."

Lazzor
06-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Scapes, I like your attitude. The real testers know the meaning of "It's not done until it's done."

Been playing archeage for years, the games been done for quite a while bud.

Masamune
06-18-2014, 08:40 PM
With all that new info, When will we see the change in Ping dependant skills?

iwearsuits
06-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Scapes, since you are answering so forthright, will the memory crashes and arena/mirage disconnects be resolved with this patch?

Scapes
06-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Scapes, since you are answering so forthright, will the memory crashes and arena/mirage disconnects be resolved with this patch?

With all that new info, When will we see the change in Ping dependant skills?

Too soon for specific patch changes to be confirmed tonight. We'll have full details in the notes before the patch goes live on Alpha.

FrostYMug
06-18-2014, 08:44 PM
So when the game gets patches after release will there be more of a faster turnaround then it takes now? Right now you get a patch from XLGames and it almost takes Trion the same amount of time to translate and patch as it does the developer to come up with the patch. Either Trion needs to hire more translation staff or they need more efficient people doing it. This months of time spent translating is ridiculous.

Astrinaar
06-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Scapes is the hero we need <3

Really looking forward to this patch. I love how you're saving this game, go Trion :D

KyleM
06-18-2014, 08:47 PM
`This is very exciting to see, one of this games downfalls is the leveling. The PvE system is very boring tbh, the questing blah blah...
And when you do get to 50, and don't like your build or want to change, you got to spend weeks of using all your daily labor to level it.

I would like to see a ingame cash shop with cosmetic items like costumes for men since you'd have to spend sooo much time farming just to get a good looking one in game.

If you've been following ArcheAge, you may have heard about a game update simply called Patch 1.0.

Initially released in Korea, this update has been the source of no small amount of concern from our ArcheAge community since we announced the game was coming to North America and Europe. Upon seeing the behavior of the patch's changes in the wild, the game's developer, XLGames, agreed that ArcheAge's balance and feel had shifted in an unintentional direction. Behind the scenes, we've been carefully following public feedback over the past few months, and had a chance to exhaustively test out the update on our own internal servers. While there are a number of gameplay improvements, we agree with their conclusion.

Both Trion Worlds and XLGames are eager to maintain the game's sandbox nature. Our mutual, overriding goal has always been to release the best quality, most fun experience possible. Toward that end, members of our ArcheAge Team visited XLGames this past week to discuss Patch 1.0. Together, we've forged the best possible path to launch for Trion Worlds' version of ArcheAge.

We're thrilled to announce that both Trion Worlds and XLGames have agreed that it's best for us go live with Patch 1.2's amazing improvements when we launch with English, French, and German languages in 2014. Launching with Patch 1.2 is a challenge as it adds over 70,000 words to translate. Since we want a complete English translation before introducing a larger audience to the game, this does mean that our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks. That means that we can't announce a specific date for the first Beta right now, but we wanted to get the great news about the game itself out as early as possible.

Patch 1.2 also introduces a host of exciting improvements on its own, including increased experience per Labor Point spent, a searchable crafting folio that works with recipe or ingredient names, significantly reduced (from Patch 1.0) glider turbulence on the high sea, and the ability to earn experience from crafting with maxed-out professions and participating in PvP during a war. Additionally, the Marketplace (in-game store) will be available before Beta begins and we'll grant testers sufficient currency to test it out. It's important to note that our previously announced game improvements such as international trade routes granting Gilda Stars, storyline quests earning experience, and trade packs dividing turn-in rewards 80/20 between pack holder and pack owner will persist through this update.

We're actively working with XLGames to bring our first build featuring Patch 1.2 changes to our Alpha server for gameplay testing and feedback. Since time is of the essence, we will not be holding this build back while waiting on complete translation, meaning that our Alpha testers will see partially translated content and will be asked to focus their feedback purely on how the gameplay feels. Rest assured, we do not anticipate the need to wipe the Alpha server for this update.

With this new game plan announced, the team is very interested to hear your thoughts and to be able to answer your questions. Our weekly livestream will be all about our visit with XLGames and the news revealed in this announcement. Ask your questions in this forum thread and then join us tomorrow afternoon on Twitch where we'll field as many as possible.

Our sincere thanks to each and every one of you for being a member of ArcheAge's pre-launch community. We're glad you're on this adventure with us!

The ArcheAge Team

Scapes
06-18-2014, 08:50 PM
So when the game gets patches after release will there be more of a faster turnaround then it takes now?

Time is linear. We can't begin translating content into English, French, and German until it's available to be translated from XLGames. Similarly, even if a build is functional in one region, testing on our end will be necessary to make certain our systems are hooked up to the client properly. The speed of turnaround will largely depend on the scope of the update. As the OP states, the delta between Patch 1.0 and Patch 1.2 is over 70,000 words.

iwearsuits
06-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Time is linear. We can't begin translating content into English, French, and German until it's available to be translated from XLGames. Similarly, even if a build is functional in one region, testing on our end will be necessary to make certain our systems are hooked up to the client properly. The speed of turnaround will largely depend on the scope of the update. As the OP states, the delta between Patch 1.0 and Patch 1.2 is over 70,000 words.
Will we get the finished voice-overs in the next patch, or will they be pushed till the additional translations are done?

FrostYMug
06-18-2014, 08:52 PM

Thank you for the answers we really needed this. One more though if you will. When will Trion have the 1.2 patch in hand to start translation?

Jangbi
06-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Does the 1.2 patch introduce changes to latency-dependent skills such as mana stars? Also, will Trion be outwardly committing themselves to not introducing other latency-dependent skills in future builds of the game?

I ask because there's a big shift in MMOs away from tab-target, GCD-driven mechanics to more action based gameplay which is unfortunately very latency dependent. Currently, the combo system is somewhat workable in my region (SEA) using a tunneling system but some skills and classes remain unusable. It would be nice if SEA players could get a word on whether we are part of Trion's design plans moving forward.

Really happy we're getting 1.2, keep up the great work Scapes. Also your hat is cool.

Scapes
06-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Will we get the finished voice-overs in the next patch, or will they be pushed till the additional translations are done?

We're focusing on gameplay rather than localization for patches coming to Alpha.

When will Trion have the 1.2 patch in hand to start translation?

Translation of Patch 1.2 is already underway.

Does the 1.2 patch introduce changes to latency-dependent skills such as mana stars? Also, will Trion be outwardly committing themselves to not introducing other latency-dependent skills in future builds of the game?

These skills will be addressed but a timeframe has not been established yet. I don't know if our next build changes them offhand.

iwearsuits
06-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Okay, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, looking forward to the livestreams and the patch notes, have a good night!

Theghost
06-18-2014, 08:58 PM
cant wait to see the difference between this 1.2 and KRs :D ! Also btw do you guys know or have plans for when lvl 55 will be implemented?

Scapes
06-18-2014, 09:00 PM
do you guys know or have plans for when lvl 55 will be implemented?

We're focusing on launching the game before introducing a new level cap.

Alakuu
MUCH LOVE.
SUPER HAPPY.
VERY GREAT
MUCH WOW!!!!

Thanks Scapes for the 11pm (my time not sure at yours) post!
Few more weeks of gold spam! And then BAM you guys can smack these gold spammer and botters right out of this world!

Thanks again Trion, you guys have weathered the storm of people upset about beta, and slapped back with amazing news!

Seviryn

I'm actually extremely interested in this question, and would appreciate any information pertaining to this.

EDIT: Disregard, didn't realize this thread was moving so fast. But game is probably going to have a Lv. 50 cap at launch, good to know. :D

Scapes
06-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Few more weeks of gold spam!

The Support Team is hard at work chasing down all spamming reports we receive. To date, we've banned a very large number of fraudulent accounts. We'll have a proper announcement on that topic later on.

Strakt
Are we getting 1 v 1 arenas?

Greggy
Thanks for the late night updates Scapes. I'm sure it must be a late days work for you :P. Looking forward to the updates!

P.S.: I'll love you forever if you can send me a pompadour horseface mask in the mail XD. Been farming them for weeks, but RNGesus hates my guts

Soutalgon
06-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Copypasta is fruitless. If you want to see a change to the game, communicate your opinion constructively and back it up with gameplay experiences and rational reasoning.

I don't want to see a change in the game when it comes to trade packs. It makes no sense to give the victim 20% when they weren't careful enough to begin with. Everyone takes a risk when it comes to pirating. I would argue you should penalize heavier pirates/faction PK instead of nerfing the freedom to jack packs. Longer jail times, actively required to serve jail time, etc. Pirates also do need a penalty since they just bind rush on Freedich and the north continent. Bounty hunters, jurors, etc NEED more incentive to stay good. Jurors should be paid to do jury. Bounty hunter cloaks should work on bots, wanted criminals and Pirates. Pirates need to have a much higher base penalty because 48 minutes max and sometimes innocent verdicts is pretty lame especially given how strong the pirates are on Alpha. Pirates should only not be penalized in open waters, every land mass should have a negative aspect for them. I already forsee people dismissing pack losses because even 50 silver profit for no real work is better then nothing. People are already planning on mass pack being left on shores.

So is this more constructive for you? Not being ♥♥♥♥ty, just really passionate about Archeage. I wish there was a way to show my actively played game time and I would bet I am one of the most active testers.

TL:DR Don't nerf packs, buff aspects of being an outstanding citizen.

KyleM
06-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Scrapes, what kind of items will be available in the future cash shop?

Scapes
06-18-2014, 09:08 PM
So is this more constructive for you?

Yes! This is the sort of feedback that is communicable to the team.

bwuki
06-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Will we have the crafting update where you only need to unseal/unwrap level 50 weapons, and not level 44/46 (1h/2h). Also where you can combined 3 failed weapons into another unsealed (base level is green) ex. 3 desert swords combine into one unsealed/unwrapped sword, so I have a chance to have it come out as summer again.

-Nya

Scapes
06-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Scrapes, what kind of items will be available in the future cash shop?

From the FAQ (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/):

How does Trion Worlds select what’s on the in-game cash store?
We work closely with XL Games to understand the impacts of the different items that are on the store in Korea so we can ensure that we keep store items optional and fitting our “No Tricks, No Traps” vision of free-to-play. As the game is new, there will not be catch-up gear in the store at launch, as is seen in our other free-to-play games. It’s important to us that items sold on the store are not required to enjoy the game.

Scapes
06-18-2014, 09:11 PM
Will we have the crafting update where you only need to unseal/unwrap level 50 weapons, and not level 44/46 (1h/2h). Also where you can combined 3 failed weapons into another unsealed (base level is green) ex. 3 desert swords combine into one unsealed/unwrapped sword, so I have a chance to have it come out as summer again.

-Nya

Again, we'll have more specifics on the update in the patch notes.

Jangbi
06-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Any news on whether the map will be fixed in any upcoming patches? i.e. the map boundaries are just plain wrong especially at sea. An easy fix would be to remove the instantly losing your trade packs debuff

edit: I realize we're peppering you with questions but we're greedy

Cik
06-18-2014, 09:18 PM
. . .our Alpha testers will see partially translated content . . .[/B]

Most of what was written was gross generalizations; no offense. But that's what it was. Most responses to this thread are sheepish 'yays'.

So where is the detailed 1.2 NA patch notes?

Most Alpha testers dont care about whether they see partially translated content, seriously. . .they dont, as most sandboxy enthusiasts dont care about some pre-defined story, but one in which they craft craft, write, execute and play-out on their terms or that of their guild.

I just want to adsorb the NA detailed patch notes, so where are they?

Poppaea
06-18-2014, 09:21 PM
I just want to adsorb the NA detailed patch notes, so where are they?

he has said about three times now that they will come out later.

afro
06-18-2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks Scapes & Trion for working on this. Looking forward to seeing the new patch content and store.

Ahrien
06-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Spaces, i've been wondering if there's a chance to enable the beta accounts to test all this new patchs, its pretty important to keep in mind that most of the gold account buyers bought the game under the promise of play in early june, and I think this last announcement is a little disrespectful for all the gold and silver buyers, even if I have alpha friends, I also have many friends waiting for the closed beta.

Scapes
06-18-2014, 09:24 PM
So where is the detailed 1.2 NA patch notes?

Asked and answered.

Near to when it is made available on the Alpha server.

Poppaea
06-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Spaces, i've been wondering if there's a chance to enable the beta accounts to test all this new patchs, its pretty important to keep in mind that most of the gold account buyers bought the game under the promise of play in early june, and I think this last announcement is a little disrespectful for all the gold and silver buyers, even if I have alpha friends, I also have many friends waiting for the closed beta.

It's nothing to do with respect or disrespect. Game needs this update and things take time. I'm sure beta isn't that far away so you'll have to wait another few weeks.

Scapes
06-18-2014, 09:27 PM

Our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks as the following passage details:

Launching with Patch 1.2 is a challenge as it adds over 70,000 words to translate. Since we want a complete English translation before introducing a larger audience to the game, this does mean that our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks. That means that we can't announce a specific date for the first Beta right now, but we wanted to get the great news about the game itself out as early as possible.

"Early June" was a goal, not a promise.

Xenon
06-18-2014, 09:32 PM
What does the company do with big problem on alpha server " No place for 16x16 Plot " Many players buying archeum founder packs and they cant test craft in nice lvl because they have only lite farm, baaaa there is even no place for small farm and we talking about big. I think Trion allow to enter Alpha server to many people than have place. This problem is on West and East Conntent

Many players suggest trion to dont upgrade alpha server and open new European server than use this EU server on Beta.
Think about your costumers who cant test game normlany and getting angry because no place for farm to test and get exp in game.

Thx

Luxeraph
06-18-2014, 09:36 PM
I love that we'll be getting a "better" version on launch(myself always thought that it would be harmful to release stuff like the pre 1.0 skills just to change it a couple months later) but with all these delays(iirc it's the second time, the first being patch 1.0 and its dreadful 40k words) are you sure we're getting full launch this year and not after we get, I don't know patch 2.0 next year or who knows when?

KyleM
06-18-2014, 09:36 PM
I think you're not looking then... I can go to winscour and find 10 free plots opening within days if I want, there are always farms expiring in days you just have to take the time to look.

What does the company do with big problem on alpha server " No place for 16x16 Plot " Many players buying archeum founder packs and they cant test craft in nice lvl because they have only lite farm, baaaa there is even no place for small farm and we talking about big. I think Trion allow to enter Alpha server to many people than have place. This problem is on West and East Conntent

Many players suggest trion to dont upgrade alpha server and open new European server than use this EU server on Beta.
Think about your costumers who cant test game normlany and getting angry because no place for farm to test and get exp in game.

Thx

Jingle Jims
06-18-2014, 09:38 PM
I'd like to see a skill set more specific to a version of a dark warrior. Yes I know you could combine a few skill sets to make something close to one, but it's not the same. See WoW Death knights or Everquest Shadow knights for example. Maybe even a version of [Trion's] Rift's dark knight. I forget that one's name. Void knight may have been one of them.

Possibly a hybrid (mag/phys) skill set...

Apologies if this is in the wrong area, but this thread seems to be read frequently and I wanted to get this suggestion out there if not already. I can't be the only one.

Xenon
06-18-2014, 09:38 PM
I think you're not looking then... I can go to winscour and find 10 free plots opening within days if I want, there are always farms expiring in days you just have to take the time to look.

Yes ? Tell players with scripts who placing farms :D

KyleM
06-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Darkrunners are already BS and OP... If one stealth and jumps on you, there is literately nothing at all you can do to save yourself or fight back. They knock you down, stun you, trip whatever and you're dead. Their damage is BS To, 3900 instant casts , thats half my health in two hits , by the time I 'untrip' I'm dead. They need a serious nerf, someone being able to run around and two hit kill anyone without them being able to fight back seems broken.

I'd like to see a skill set more specific to a version of a dark warrior. Yes I know you could combine a few skill sets to make something close to one, but it's not the same. See WoW Death knights or Everquest Shadow knights for example. Maybe even a version of [Trion's] Rift's dark knight. I forget that one's name. Void knight may have been one of them.

Possibly a hybrid (mag/phys) skill set...

Apologies if this is in the wrong area, but this thread seems to be read frequently and I wanted to get this suggestion out there if not already. I can't be the only one.

Lirash
06-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks as the following passage details:

Excuse me, I don't want to sound rude or anything like that, but I have several guildmates who bought the gold and silver packages and now they fell a bit insecured about when they will obtain what they paid for. About the open beta, do we have the possibility of seeing in the summer? Hopefully the latest open beta will start in July and Closed Beta is scheduled for June with Open Beta to follow.

So according to you Scapes, trion have 10 days to have closed beta running, because u know people who actually bought the gold and silver had in mind what the community manager said
"Closed Beta is scheduled for June with Open Beta to follow."

orginal topic:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?5730-Open-Beta

I am just presenting a general concern because we have more than 50 players waiting for the open beta.

Astrinaar
06-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Excuse me, I don't want to sound rude or anything like that, but I have several guildmates who bought the gold and silver packages and now they fell a bit insecured about when they will obtain what they paid for. About the open beta, do we have the possibility of seeing in the summer? Hopefully the latest open beta will start in July and Closed Beta is scheduled for June with Open Beta to follow.

So according to you Scapes, trion have 10 days to have closed beta running, because u know people who actually bought the gold and silver had in mind what the community manager said

orginal topic:

I am just presenting a general concern because we have more than 50 players waiting for the open beta.

To follow does not mean next month. It means that open beta is scheduled at some point before release. They still get what they paid for, all the extra perks and beta access.
They did not pay for access in june, so if beta has to be delayed, then that's how it is, they still get exactly what they paid for.

Scapes
06-18-2014, 09:57 PM
I have several guildmates who bought the gold and silver packages and now they fell a bit insecured about when they will obtain what they paid for.

As the OP states, our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks as a result of needing to translate Patch 1.2 to English.

zefs
06-18-2014, 09:59 PM
About the translation, why don't we use an open translation system where people can contribute? This way your translators can save time and only see if the words added by your playerbase need corrections and probably save a bit of time.
It could work for the English to rest of languages and while you translate the words from Korean to English the database could be updated daily so people can translate to rest of the languages.

I know that this could interfere with your own work though and your team wouldn't be able to wait for players to translate the content since you are on a tight schedule, but maybe it would work for future patches after the release.

Ilfri
06-18-2014, 10:03 PM
Very excited for Beta... Thanks for the updates. :)

Silva
06-18-2014, 10:04 PM
As the OP states, our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks as a result of needing to translate Patch 1.2 to English.
so what u are saying is, we didn't do our work so all the closed beta players had to pay for that, i simply don't accept that, and say its because of the translation COME ON...
If the only problem is the translation i don't see why the closed beta cant respect the date u as community manger gave us a couple of weeks ago.

Tarx
06-18-2014, 10:04 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the FAQ to give an estimate to the beta date. http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/ As right now most sites say beta will be in June quoting interviews and livestream as proof. As these forums do not appear anywhere in the first few pages when searching about archeage in google, it would be nice if this was officially stated elsewhere, even if it did just say, Beta Expected June/July may be subject to change. Or something like that. We've already passed the early June mark anyway. The most searched google terms from Canada about archeage are release date, beta and classes, and even if it were just estimates, people would most likely appreciate it posted outside of forums, on the actual website, like the aforementioned FAQ.

Gilgamesh
06-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Glad to be able to finally hear some new and confirmed information. Thank you Scapes!

Scapes
06-18-2014, 10:08 PM
so what u are saying is

Actually, if you read the OP, you'll see that the scope of the translation has increased significantly, causing the shift in Beta schedule.

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the FAQ to give an estimate to the beta date.

When we have a new Beta schedule to announce, absolutely yes.

SaltyPirate
06-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Make it so you have to be atleast level 5-10 to use faction chat that will slow down gold sellers by so much. You can ban accounts all day but their just gonna steal more credit cards and make more accounts.

Silva
06-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Silva View Post
so what u are saying is
Actually, if you read the OP, you'll see that the scope of the translation has increased significantly, causing the shift in Beta schedule.
i buy my gold account and i think is FALSE ADVERTISING, and i think you as community manager are just removing what you said before, absolutely disrespectful.
and the reason of this false advertising is : the traduction is not ready come on be serious
sry about the Spanglish i spell check and by mistake change a part to Spanish my native language

Hiddenfee
06-18-2014, 10:24 PM
It's nothing to do with respect or disrespect. Game needs this update and things take time. I'm sure beta isn't that far away so you'll have to wait another few weeks.

Today June 19th.
Beta Pushed back a few weeks.
1.2 won't be in Alpha for a few weeks. (Let's give it 3 weeks)
July 10th.
Alpha gets to test 1.2. (Let's say 2 weeks of testing)
July 24th.
Beta opens that weekend for whatever many days.
End of July.
August will see maybe another 2 to 3 more Betas which usually have a bye week in between but lets say they don't and have beta every weekend.
We are now somewhere near the end of August.
Going off my speculation, Live would start the first or second week of September.

Lirash
06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
i buy my gold account and i think is FALSE ADVERTISING, and i think you as community manager are just retirando lo que has dicho antes, absolutely disrespectful.
and the reason of this false advertising is : the traduction is not ready come on be serious

Well, he said what was I was thinking...

http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10r8q4g&s=8#.U6J2C_l5PTo

Panthruka
06-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Well, he said what was I was thinking...

http://postimg.org/image/zbd83v70n/

Well, +1.

It's been a long time in Alpha.

Xenon
06-18-2014, 10:30 PM
Me to i think buying Archeum was bad decysion still BETA and start go far far and far away.

START BETA ! AND START GAME PATCH 1.2 CAN WAIT LET GIVE PLAYERS GAME NOT STILL WAITING!

ALWAYS YOU FIND ANY TRICK TO FAR BETA AND START USE YOUR BRAIN IF YOU DO LIKE THIS YOU WILL LOST SO MNAY PLAYERS. EVERY NEXT PSOT WHICH YOU INFO WITH LONNGER TIME BETA TEST MANY PLAYERS LEAVING.

GJ DO MORE LIKE THIS AND YOU WILL SEE HOW MUCH CHARAGEBACK WILL STARTED.

Alakuu
06-18-2014, 10:36 PM
The Support Team is hard at work chasing down all spamming reports we receive. To date, we've banned a very large number of fraudulent accounts. We'll have a proper announcement on that topic later on.

This makes many people happy. Its a unseen job, but many of us are very happy to hear you guys are trying even without the server back end tools that will helps with this. I hope they keep up the good work!

Gilgamesh
06-18-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't know about the community, but I would much rather have a finished game upon release. Getting upset with Trion isn't going to speed the process up so be a little patient. For us Beta testers, our time will come. Thanks again for the news flash Scapes!

Poppaea
Seriously guys. They finally give us some information about what is taking so long. They let us know that we are going to skip 1.0 altogether and shoot for 1.2. Which is good stuff.

Then we pretend no video game ever released has been delayed. This is the norm for this industry. So this delay isn't even news...

Deathshades
Thanks for info Scapes glad to here whats going on.

on another note stop the cry babying guys/girls more they fix better game will be and You are in ALPHA it not fully finshed game its still be changed and worked on so let man do his job please..

Trion has done great geting it out and able to buy packs to gain testers and mind your selfs TESTERS what you are not PLAYERS so test it report it and wait tell it comes out to cry

again Thank you Scapes

Zyglrox
06-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Please please do not listen to these posts of people complaining about why is beta not here yet.. and this silly false advertisement nonsense. Do this correctly.. Test things. Polish it up. Release a true finished product like most game companies ever so fail to do these days. I am very excited to see an update, my only wish is to see more interaction with the community and let us know whats going on at a more frequent basis.

So thank you Scapes, you guys seem to be trying to get things done the right way. Keep at it and keep us informed.

WNxArcticwolf
06-18-2014, 10:44 PM
I am glad that we will get all of the latest updates before release it will make people happy and will most likely stop the whinging hopefully.

Aluv
06-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Yes, just wanted to add my voice as a sane and reasonable paid alpha player. Schedules change, especially ones noted to be tentative. Thanks for the information, Scapes! (though you should have gone with Spaces heh)

Jangbi
06-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Very excited for Beta... Thanks for the updates. :)

Your signature makes no sense, it hurts my brain :(

Jilliebeans
06-18-2014, 11:02 PM
please tell me u guys are adding new skills >.<

lostinspace
06-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Honestly, the reason you're getting a lot of 'Beta Now!' posts is because people are excited about the game. The decision to wait for 1.2 is probably a solid one, given the reception to changes for 1.0.

That said, I do think communication with the playerbase hasn't been ideal so far. People have been waiting on baited breath for the 'early June' beta events. If communication was more regular, they wouldn't do things like treat your twitch streams as occasions to press you on your release schedule and instead enjoy the episodes for their content.

A few weeks is a long wait for people who have already been checking for news regularly since the start of June. If the communication was more regular, they might not be so frustrated and paranoid on the forums.

Gilgamesh
06-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Yes, just wanted to add my voice as a sane and reasonable paid alpha player. Schedules change, especially ones noted to be tentative. Thanks for the information, Scapes! (though you should have gone with Spaces heh)

That would make for a much for entertaining username;)

lostinspace
06-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Anyhow, back to practicing my Russian.

Scapes
06-18-2014, 11:05 PM
A few weeks is a long wait for people who have already been checking for news regularly since the start of June. If the communication was more regular, they might not be so frustrated and paranoid on the forums.

Three weeks since the start of June. Away team shipped out to Korea first week of the month. They returned Monday and we made our announcement within 72 hours.

We couldn't announce what was still being actively discussed and said that much earlier this month during the meeting.

mattswtmn
06-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the updates, Scapes! Keep up the good work. :)

Trippyme
06-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the update

meaning
06-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Three weeks since the start of June. Away team shipped out to Korea first week of the month. They returned Monday and we made our announcement within 72 hours.

We couldn't announce what was still being actively discussed and said that much earlier this month during the meeting.

sup scapes, really appreciate your and all of trions' teams work.

though if you made an announcement early in june that the team is going to korea to discuss further alpha/beta/release actions and that this MIGHT shift the schedule (even if it wasnt sure that it does, but the possibility was there) lots of people - myself included - wouldnt wait foir every thursday for the server restart hoping for the 1.0 patch to hit and be dissappointed again every week.

i like that you let us know everything thats going on now and hope that you will keep up communication like this (although i wonder if you will every go to sleep today :P) in the future and stop being quiet for such a long time.

best regards meaning

p.s. sorry for my bad english. its not my first language and im a excited because i just read the news and the whole thread

JMag
06-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Are we going to get the new races at launch? Also I'm not entirely sure but as of this moment I'm not liking the trade pack 80/20 split.

ScannaTheMage
06-18-2014, 11:12 PM
If I may...

AWWWWW YIS! Scapes mah new BFF.

Snowman
06-18-2014, 11:13 PM
scapes few questions:::

reading the KR1.2 patch hurts my brain... so let me pick yours..
1. will our mobs drop gear still? per kr patch mobs now drop items that are used to make unique gear. IE no more armor from the north island
2. is trion worried about the stagnant state of the game since we all are aware of the incoming game changing patch? we cannot really learn much more about the game since a lot of the mechanics are changing
3.will there be a gfx update/polish? the KR build looks and feels much better than what we are running even with the cryengine mods that are on the forums.
4. are the glider and other "new detailed textures" being added?
5. 1.2 patch but without lvl 55? does this mean our tress will show the lvl 55 skills and the 8 9 10 passives? can we then use the 8 9 10 passives even tho we do not have the lvl 55 skills?
6. borderless fullscreen!!!!!!
7. will the two counties in the north be "unbugged" to allow for more claimable land?
8. how many servers are we in na going to launch with? KR is doing a server merge so obviously 12 is too many, and the head ache of giving everyone their claimed housing space must be horrible.
9. with this 1.2 patch are we to assume that all dungeons besides the library, will be accessable and functioning with non broken bosses?
10. is the tax certificate system being implemented in NA? with current KR costs its about 1200 labor to pay for small farm, large farm and a house. a week
11. assume the eco fuel is now going to be used for speed boosts on all vehicles..yaaahh my cows poops has only been used for trolling those i kill now i can make gold with it!

lostinspace
06-18-2014, 11:14 PM

The schedule of events is understandable. But a heads-up probably would've avoided a lot of the ugliness on the forums. The conspiracy theories were too many to tally.

Once the team shipped out, a short notice along the lines of:

Hello everyone,

While we announced that 'early June' would be the goal for Beta, we feel that there are some important aspects of the ArcheAge experience that can be improved upon. This will require direct coordination with XL Games, and some of our dedicated team members have left for Korea to discuss matters such as the Beta Events, live release dates, and more. We expect them to be back in late June, so expect a further announcement then!

A lot of the community simply felt out of the loop. They saw a 'goal' come and go without an explanation why. I mean, there were about a dozen 'When's Beta?' threads in the intervening period. Just a bit of communication keeps people from being crazy, really.

Edit: Also, if you were keeping track of the Facebook Page, about every day for the past week there was someone different posting along the lines of 'no Beta news yet?'

Jilliebeans
06-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Why would they released 51+ mobs and map without the new skills >.< it make no sense!!

Lovelocke
06-18-2014, 11:21 PM
This is absolutely fantastic news! Trust in Trion. Thanks for keeping us updated!

lostinspace
06-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Why would they released 51+ mobs and map without the new skills >.< it make no sense!!

Hardmode.

/10c

Gilgamesh
06-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Hardmode.

/10c

Next step: permadeath.

ScannaTheMage
06-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Next step: permadeath.

And then after that, taking any damage permabans your account and uninstalls windows!

lostinspace
06-18-2014, 11:32 PM
And then after that, taking any damage permabans your account and uninstalls windows!

Linux users OP.

Jilliebeans
06-18-2014, 11:33 PM
soooooooooo... new skills? :D

Papp263
06-18-2014, 11:41 PM
First of all; Hi everyone I'm new to this community :)
I only found out about this game a short time ago (only days), since then I have done quite a bit of reading on these forums, and watched many a YouTube vid on this... I feel I still know very little towards the scale of what this game is capable of being. But I certainly cant wait for more info on it and will eagerly be watching the Twitch live stream tomorrow to learn more! I do apologize for not having a question for the live stream.

Cheers!

DaktonPrime
06-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Scapes just curious about optimizations for windows 8? will there be an improvement in 1.2?

Myomist
06-18-2014, 11:52 PM
For those that don't know ... 70,000 words is the same as a typical mystery novel that will need to be translated to English, French and German :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_count

:)

PsychoTaz
06-19-2014, 12:05 AM
You know, honestly this is my opinion on this game so far.

1) Letting people livestream the alpha builds hype, but will eventually make people feel like they have experienced it all by just watching, You are for sure going to lose interest this way. In fact I can't tell you how many message boards I have seen where people are no longer looking forward to the game because of how much livestream content is available. You should have waited until closed beta to begin this.

2) I feel as if people are too needy. Too many people want a game that is fast to level but then complains when there isn't enough content or content coming out fast enough to keep them entertained because they are hitting end game way to fast. This is something that is killing the mmo world, both financially, and statistically. Don't give in to these type of crowds. If people want instant gratification, tell em to go play a console game. that is what they were intended for.

3) Though I am only just beginning to use my account to communicate here, it doesn't mean I have not been following this game very closely. In fact, I have already played Korean, Chinese, AND Japanese versions of this game. I feel as though the world, as stunning as it may be visually, takes away from the immersion experience for a few reasons. this game has a ton of clipping issue's, and things feel a tad slow at times. I strongly hope you guys have future plans to address a lot of this, it doesn't feel as though this game was designed for the generation of mmo's hitting the market, but rather a late title that has more emphasis on travel and character creation then actual quality.

4) I wish you guys would stop giving alpha keys to any random joe shmoe who has no interest in actually TESTING the game and reporting findings. Too many people are on the alpha to just stream and play the game. They don't care if they find a bug, a missing text, something missing in the game. They care more about their viewers, and this can really hurt the game with not enough feedback. I think you guys should be a lot more strict and selective and save the hype for the pre closed beta / get people testing that actually want to see the game shaped to an even greater game. (and before anyone flames realize that even American opinions are sent to the developers).

Other then that, keep up the great work!

ichi
06-19-2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the info Scapes, help me wrap my brain around this schedule please.

You said that Trion has 1.2 in hand and is translating, so we can expect to see 1.2 on NA/EU Alpha in the next few weeks (I think you said 'very few' in one post). Its Thursday June 19 so late June/early July is reasonable for Alpha 1.2, with the standard caveat that anything can change?

The purpose of alpha 1.2 is to test the build and allow time for the full translation, since you've said you don't want to release 1.2 to a larger audience until its translated. So late July/early August should be time enough for Alpha to test the build and Trion to translate into American and European, so beta 1.2 in Late July/early August, with the standard caveats?

Usually beta is to stress test servers and expand the community past alpha; will there be a closed beta for gold/silver founders followed by an open beta before launch? Seems like founder beta wouldn't need to last more than 1-2 months, maybe 3 months at most. Can you enlighten us on what Trion thinks beta purpose will be?

All that speculation about schedule amounts to late June/early July Alpha 1.2, beta in late July/early August, then live in Sept/Oct? Remembering of course that anything could happen and nothing you say is a promise, just a goal.

Care to comment?

garfield
06-19-2014, 12:13 AM
In average, translaters do 1000 words/day, taking in account application testing, and context analysis.
70000 words = 70 days = 14 working weeks. Now supposing a team of 4 translaters, it would give 3-4 weeks before beta.
you confirming Scapes ? ;P

Disco
06-19-2014, 12:31 AM

Ok, but you volunteered that information, no one forced you to say the words june and beta in the same sentence. No one cares if you were "aiming" for june or "planning" for june or "praying" for june. You are not new to this, so don't be surprised that people were counting on the time line you set. Three weeks of avoiding questions and playing word games didn't help your cause. You obviously knew weeks ago that you would not make that june timeline and what the reason was, so to wait until now to come out and say it makes people feel like they are being "handled" with PR nonsense. I don't fault you guys for the delay, but your lack of transparency is disappointing to say the least.

All you had to say is that you were discussing some adjustments to the release version and that it could possibly delay the schedule. Obviously it is late june and with no patch even on alpha we all know it's being delayed. Less "managing" and more straight talk will get you less rage and more respect.

Legion
06-19-2014, 12:58 AM
Gj guys, CBT with 1.2 is awesome =]

Metatron
06-19-2014, 01:09 AM
1. Thanks for the news! Some of us are still enjoying the game, and not in any hurry to see a CBT that is not yet ready... Quality FIRST! That being said, I am still extremely excited to see what changes are coming and how it will affect the gameplay (eg more experience when crafting to faster level our other skill trees etc) ...
2. Of course any more timely future information updates are always welcome.

AeonAuron
06-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Thank you for the good news.

Since this one is going to be the most important livestream ever, can you please do it a little bit earlier? Personally, it will end at 02:00 AM for me and i will have to wake up at 07:00 for the work :rolleyes:

Hexagar
06-19-2014, 01:13 AM
Why ppl congratulate this? Tommorow Trion may decide to launch the game with the 2 patch and after that they may delay it more to launch with the 2.1.. that's nonsense. How will they release with 1.2 but without the extra lvls and without the extra skills? When I bought the founder pack I did so cause I clearly read that the beta would be avaliable in JUNE. In my opinion they delay the game for other reasons than the nonsense they communicate.. either they are completely lost or there is more into the delay than that. The game is live already and the only thing needed was the translation. Instead they are selling the alpha and beta access and now all of a sudden they decided to push back the release even more.. I cant express how disappointed I feel. . Its like the same bad movie again and again..

Atomsk
06-19-2014, 01:18 AM
I am a supporter of the Anti- 80/20 Trade packs. Also a supporter of increasing the activity of Jail and Jury Duty. Also making being a Pirate more desirable and more undesirable at the same time, due to the fact that being a pirate leaves you so little room to work with, but also gives you a PvP advantage. Jury duty can be easily done in 3 clicks, while ignoring trial chat. Dont put me on a pedestal please, i dont have some great idea to make all these systems work flawlessly, they are all complicated systems that can be highly abused. Jail is generally just leaving your computer on and being AFK.

And trade packs, 80/20 also ruins the ability to have One person turn in all the trade packs for the guild run and distributing the loot equally. I like the 80/20 because it at least gives Traders reason to not lose hope. 20% is nothing from a trade pack, specially for the Originally owner, they will still be at a loss, but there should be an ability to turn off a 80/20 pack so you can share it with friends or give it to others if you so desire. We can also have options such as making a "High Risk" Pack, where the 80/20 is not applied but the rewards are 10% greater. To cause a want to group up and have a bigger pay out.

Legion
06-19-2014, 01:19 AM
I got a few questions:

Library and 50+ locations will be open?
We will see changes in classes? whats we see in KOR? v1.0 update, change few spells that's important for high dmg burst, like 6th passive in songcraft tree, also will amount of heal scale from healing damage tham magic dmg, and more?

Majeer
06-19-2014, 01:21 AM
Why ppl congratulate this? Tommorow Trion may decide to launch the game with the 2 patch and after that they may delay it more to launch with the 2.1.. that's nonsense. How will they release with 1.2 but without the extra lvls and without the extra skills? When I bought the founder pack I did so cause I clearly read that the beta would be avaliable in JUNE. In my opinion they delay the game for other reasons than the nonsense they communicate.. either they are completely lost or there is more into the delay than that. The game is live already and the only thing needed was the translation. Instead they are selling the alpha and beta access and now all of a sudden they decided to push back the release even more.. I cant express how disappointed I feel. . Its like the same bad movie again and again..

Jesus the sky really is falling for you.

1.2 is the latest patch in KOREA, there is no other patches to delay for. 1.0 was widely regarded as terrible so thank your lucky stars Trion is skipping over it for us. And they said they're aiming for late june, they never said "Beta will be before june ends",try reading the announcements properly.

Releasing a polished game is a HUGE plus, sure they could release a poorly translated game 2 months early, but would you like trying to do quests where you don't even know where you're going or what you are looking for? Chances are that'd make you want to stop playing.

Everyone really needs to just relax a little. Think of it this way, a few weeks of wait for an entirely new patch which reverts bad changes introduced in 1.0. Is that so bad?

Metatron
06-19-2014, 01:30 AM
I am a supporter of the Anti- 80/20 Trade packs. Also a supporter of increasing the activity of Jail and Jury Duty. Also making being a Pirate more desirable and more undesirable at the same time, due to the fact that being a pirate leaves you so little room to work with, but also gives you a PvP advantage. Jury duty can be easily done in 3 clicks, while ignoring trial chat. Dont put me on a pedestal please, i dont have some great idea to make all these systems work flawlessly, they are all complicated systems that can be highly abused. Jail is generally just leaving your computer on and being AFK.

And trade packs, 80/20 also ruins the ability to have One person turn in all the trade packs for the guild run and distributing the loot equally. I like the 80/20 because it at least gives Traders reason to not lose hope. 20% is nothing from a trade pack, specially for the Originally owner, they will still be at a loss, but there should be an ability to turn off a 80/20 pack so you can share it with friends or give it to others if you so desire. We can also have options such as making a "High Risk" Pack, where the 80/20 is not applied but the rewards are 10% greater. To cause a want to group up and have a bigger pay out.

Great suggestion! Things like this can only add more dynamism into the game!
I want to become an Enforcer or Bounty Hunter so more power/incentives to them is appreciated!

TaintedBushido
06-19-2014, 01:35 AM

I've been waiting for this game since last May. Been told by a variety of people when the game goes into CBT.

"Oh, probably around fall at best."
"Maybe during the spring."

Alpha comes out.
"Probably 1 or 2 months."

Even if it is frustrating to wait, I'm okay with this. If it means a good product will come out to the CBT Testers eventually.
The last thing people need to do is whine and jump to conclusions, because that doesn't help the current state of the game at all and Scapes is probably tired of reading useless comments. We need to do better.

Kenshinh
06-19-2014, 01:41 AM
I have bought a gold pack and I dont care about when the beta starts....
After more than a year waiting for this game it is still for me an unfounded promise

See you in Heroes of Strom and lol, I have had time to change my hype for boredom

Very bad marketing strategy, you should have thought that releasing an early alpha access you would be changing easy money for potential players in the future

In business it is called "die of success", you have created and huge demand and hype and you canīt fullfill their ambitions.

Best Wishes

PumpkinD
06-19-2014, 01:44 AM
My questions is does it mean that we - the nonUS/great ping players - still have to wait for anything to be done about the ping dependancy whatsoever? (worth adding that again we will be waiting unspecified amounts of time as few weeks basically stretches anything from 1-9 weeks)
Also, it was said that during beta EU Amsterdam servers will go up. Can we expect them to support the Altpha players when the beta is off as well?
Also will the TTK be increased - the different calculations for Health and Mana implemented?
What happened with the patch you have received before, will we not see that one at all?
Also how much did you have to say about what needs to be done? Can we expect you to push through our suggestions : eg. special events and whatnot?

I can answer one of the questions from before - they are not adding the lvl 50+ mobs + maps, because it would just disappoint you. 50->55 is basically grinding one instance in one of the locked zones in Auroria, there is no follow up questline whatsoever. (and it's awfully boring)

I feel disappointed that lvl 55 cap will not be there, since it is one of the main points of patch 1.2 in KR. This is the actual new content , the new pvp options, the rebalancing, if we don't have it and leave out just cosmetic and economic tweaks, it's not that good.

KeksX
06-19-2014, 02:01 AM
[QUOTE=PumpkinD;150731
I feel disappointed that lvl 55 cap will not be there, since it is one of the main points of patch 1.2 in KR. This is the actual new content , the new pvp options, the rebalancing, if we don't have it and leave out just cosmetic and economic tweaks, it's not that good.[/QUOTE]

You just said yourself that 55 is utterly boring. So stop talking nonsense, apart from a huge level difference between 50 and 55 it doesnt actually add any depth. Lv55 can stay away untils its actually fun to get there.

PumpkinD
06-19-2014, 02:16 AM
what I said is getting to 55 is a drag, the new Skillsets/skills/passives are not however.

Since I know how storyline/quests look in the 50+ content is why I say the skills and new class possibilities are the true NEW CONTENT that 1.2 brings.

I can support this by example to better demonstrate what I have in mind - think about Archers - now whoever is trying an archers without shadowplay is doing it wrong (at least most people will tell you that), with the 1.2 / lvl 55 skilltrees ENDLESS ARROWS/Rapid fire - is moved to Archery tree. It basically means, that Shadowplay is no longer a prerequisite and lets you choose any of the other 7 classes.

Also this game is pvp oriented, and you say 5 new skills to take, and 3 new skills to choose from in every tree is nothing. Good luck to you sir, for me that is exactly the DEPTH I am looking for.

also the lvl 55 skillsets bring the class balance eliminating the 2shot combos from what I know - am not sure about this part though. I hope it will be implemented despite the long way to 55.

WNxArcticwolf
06-19-2014, 02:27 AM
the once the testing is all done and fixed the level 55 could come then.

KeksX
06-19-2014, 02:34 AM
what I said is getting to 55 is a drag, the new Skillsets/skills/passives are not however.

Since I know how storyline/quests look in the 50+ content is why I say the skills and new class possibilities are the true NEW CONTENT that 1.2 brings.

I can support this by example to better demonstrate what I have in mind - think about Archers - now whoever is trying an archers without shadowplay is doing it wrong (at least most people will tell you that), with the 1.2 / lvl 55 skilltrees ENDLESS ARROWS/Rapid fire - is moved to Archery tree. It basically means, that Shadowplay is no longer a prerequisite and lets you choose any of the other 7 classes.

Also this game is pvp oriented, and you say 5 new skills to take, and 3 new skills to choose from in every tree is nothing. Good luck to you sir, for me that is exactly the DEPTH I am looking for.

also the lvl 55 skillsets bring the class balance eliminating the 2shot combos from what I know - am not sure about this part though. I hope it will be implemented despite the long way to 55.
That is all valid and good and I agree, but it doesnz change the fact that Lv55 is a PITA. I would love to have the OP Sorcery skill but I can wait a little more if that means that I wont have to grind that ♥♥♥♥ty instance.
But as I said in another thread, I agree that we need the class balance. But 2-3 leveling zones with Pvp enabled should be in to get to 55.

Disco
06-19-2014, 02:44 AM
All the people that keep asking about the ping situation, I'm going to just tell you what Trion doesn't want to. Suck it up and deal because the game is not going to be redesigned and rebalanced just so the 6 people playing from far far away land can play it with no lag or disadvantage. Sorry but anything they do won't be sufficient and they can't get around the speed of light.

PumpkinD
06-19-2014, 02:49 AM
All the people that keep asking about the ping situation, I'm going to just tell you what Trion doesn't want to. Suck it up and deal because the game is not going to be redesigned and rebalanced just so the 6 people playing from far far away land can play it with no lag or disadvantage. Sorry but anything they do won't be sufficient and they can't get around the speed of light.

You obviously did not understand what I was reffering to. Ping dependant spammable skills that is. Besides, this Alpha was sold both in EU and in US, hence the urgency to get European servers. I would make a great deal of people happy.

rocdog
06-19-2014, 03:04 AM
In business it is called "die of success", you have created and huge demand and hype and you canīt fullfill their ambitions.

Their ambitions would certainly have been left unfulfilled by 1.0, and it is awesome that it was skipped.

tazafane
06-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Above all as a player from Europe want to let know when the skills depend on our ping will be corrected, it is now impossible to play an archer or other classes of this type. Do you really dont care about EU players? It may still not be European servers AA at the start of the game? Sorry for English.

Dromwald
06-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the update Scapes. I'm excited for beta and I'm sure it will be worth waiting for. Good luck and keep up the good work

WeslleyDarks
06-19-2014, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the updates Scapes :)

thejoda
06-19-2014, 04:03 AM
.....So we all knew there was a patch that sucked "1.0" it tookTrion months to figure it out, than talk to XL about it.. Now they announce it will be " weeks" before we see a version of it and all the time tables are up in the air and we are all happy with this lackluster announcement. Am I missing something here?

thejoda
06-19-2014, 04:07 AM
Will the class balancing and stat changes be in 1.2???

Killadrix
06-19-2014, 04:10 AM
Darkrunners are already BS and OP... If one stealth and jumps on you, there is literately nothing at all you can do to save yourself or fight back. They knock you down, stun you, trip whatever and you're dead. Their damage is BS To, 3900 instant casts , thats half my health in two hits , by the time I 'untrip' I'm dead. They need a serious nerf, someone being able to run around and two hit kill anyone without them being able to fight back seems broken.

If only there were items or skillsets that gave you the ability to break stuns, trips, restrains, etc.

Oh wait, there is.

Killadrix
06-19-2014, 04:12 AM

orginal topic:

"Scheduled for June" does not equal "Promised for June".

Audax
06-19-2014, 04:12 AM
Intresting, now i have just to wait and hope to be one the lucky who gets a beta invitation.:cool:

BlooDEvil
06-19-2014, 04:16 AM
Got some questions:

1- With Patch 1.2, this mean we gonna have the new itens and gliders?

2- Since lvl cap is 50, what gonna happen to new 55 gear? Level cap reduced or not implemented?

And keep up w/ Good Job, great news we starting w/ Patch 1.2, no other region is even close to 1.0! That alone is GREAT news.

ps: I think alpha players didnt read the "wipe" , havent seen nobody crying yet! lol

Killadrix
06-19-2014, 04:16 AM
i buy my gold account and i think is FALSE ADVERTISING, and i think you as community manager are just removing what you said before, absolutely disrespectful.
sry about the Spanglish i spell check and by mistake change a part to Spanish my native language

And people like this are EXACT reason why many companies won't give out timelines: because you are too immature to handle it.

You are the EXACT reason why Trion does not give a date for beta release: because you are too immature to handle it.

Nothing was ever promised to you. You got it in your head that "June" was a promise, and it wasn't.

Let them finish the damn game and release the best possible product so the rest of us can enjoy it.

If you don't like it, quit. Or just go play something else in the meantime.

Either way, just relax pumpkin.

Zero Kelvin
06-19-2014, 04:18 AM
SCAPES:

Will the UI be fixed in the next build? As you should be aware, it doesn't save the position of some of the elements on the screen and we must lock down our UI files as READ ONLY.

PLUS, will the WINDOWED FULL SCREEN be out in the upcoming release, at least?

IIA7XII
06-19-2014, 04:27 AM
ps: I think alpha players didnt read the "wipe" , havent seen nobody crying yet! lol

Thats because it says this: read closely: "Rest assured, we do not anticipate the need to wipe the Alpha server for this update."

no wipe for alpha servers.....

Choops
06-19-2014, 04:52 AM

Then don't play here then? seeing as you have so much experience with the game, go back to playing on the versions where you gathered all this knowledge from. It is not healthy for a game to be released with the same depth and level of content as a game 1-2 years older than it. I gurantee Trion stand to retain more players releasing increased level caps and new skills gradually instead of all at once. I want longevity in ArchAge and I would have been very happy to read about these aditions in 12 months time, instead of having you telling us what we should be getting and spoiling the experience for us.

frankenstein
06-19-2014, 04:54 AM
hell yeah now gonna wait for it to come :D

Isengard
06-19-2014, 05:14 AM
HOLY FAK!!! Some of you ppl are REALLY thick! Stop pestering the man for details on the patch jeebuz he said the notes will be out closer to the drop of 1.2 , nit picking the man to death ran him off. He can only answer what was approved and he has more than opened up and expressed what was available. If he could answer more don't you think, even in your small brains, he'd have put it all out there? Save these detailed questions for AFTER the bloody patch notes for clarification IF you damn question isn't covered. Breathe ppl only a few more weeks, breathe .... breathe .... good!

Moine
06-19-2014, 05:17 AM
damn. people kind of blew up on this thread.

my expectations for this game are high and because of that I am completely fine with having to wait longer for it to be fine tuned.

the only reservations I have about any of this is that we may not see the 55 level cap at launch. It'll be fine if it is introduced shortly after launch, but from my experience in MMOs; raising the level cap far into a game's life results in quite a lot of chaos and a reduction in relevant content.

Ideally, I would love for Trion to implement the level 55 cap for launch and I would even be willing to wait for an additional 6 months of development.

Tsetsu
06-19-2014, 05:23 AM
scapes , i'm not smart and can't comprehend most things, but how will gilda stars affect the prices of mirage island stuff, like an estimate of what can be done to gain gilda and how much you get per quest, also how much for a house etc. (sorry im not smart and can't comprehend much)

EraChanZ
06-19-2014, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the update Scapes! I am very excited to see the new patch hit in a few weeks!
Keep up the good work ^^

P.S. Are you guys further with implementing your own 'management' system yet? to handle botters etc? They seem to be more of a nuisance as time progresses.

Tsetsu
06-19-2014, 05:25 AM
HOLY FAK!!! Some of you ppl are REALLY thick! Stop pestering the man for details on the patch jeebuz he said the notes will be out closer to the drop of 1.2 , nit picking the man to death ran him off. He can only answer what was approved and he has more than opened up and expressed what was available. If he could answer more don't you think, even in your small brains, he'd have put it all out there? Save these detailed questions for AFTER the bloody patch notes for clarification IF you damn question isn't covered. Breathe ppl only a few more weeks, breathe .... breathe .... good!
i think he enjoys interacting with the community rather than staying on the sidelines reading harshful comments on "why hasn't trion or scapes said anything about this and that", he's just trying to aquire the info to share it with us, it is right for the community to ask answers.

ehxdi
06-19-2014, 05:32 AM
I haven't payed for the beta access founder pack, and I was considering it... But now it seems you're just pushing this game to go through alpha to release without any in-between process, rendering the beta-acess completely useless. It seems like a good game, but pushing out players wanting to get into the game eaerlier (and paying for it) seems rather...tasteless. Either way, I can see you guys are hard at work, but the "community" is not entirely based on the alpha servers, ok ?

Do us "poor folk" some service.

Cyndir
06-19-2014, 05:33 AM
Thank you for the information. One of the concerns I had was the discontinuation of Gilda stars from trade runs done on the same continent. Only reason I say this is for the lower level toons wanting to get started. Hard to make a run to the other continent in a row boat, or a trade ship if you're in a guild, and get the packs turned in w/o being preyed upon by people just waiting to on/near the docks to kill you (and yes, they do look for the lower level players.).

Maybe implement a level cap where you don't get Gilda stars when turning in trade packs on the same continent as well as increasing the rewards for a low level actually getting to turn in on the opposite continent.

I do have a question on the 80/20 pack turn in. If I understand the mechanic correctly: Someone in your guild crafts a pack for you to turn in, for your profit, you would only get 80% of that profit? I understand the meaning behind the mechanic in wanting to return something to the crafter if in fact the pack is "stolen". But if someone is crafting packs for the guild and the members' profit how is that delineated?

Also, taking away the Nui Tears, in my opinion, takes away from some of the fun of exploration. It's fun to get friends together and explore areas of the game and try to get the tears. Maybe offer different rewards if taking away the ability to purchase the mounts, boats, etc.

Tanks again for the info. Been enjoying the game so far. Looking forward to live so my entire guild can finally play together.

xsarinx

When you purchased your founder pack at this link .... http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/ .... you tell me WHERE in the world it promises a beta in June? I personally have never seen or followed a game that updates it's fan base nearly as much as Trion has with this game. It's actually amazing and suprising. It's posts and players like this that make these companies button up and not say anything. I have not seen any post or comments guranteeing beta will be in June. I know they have said numerous times they were aiming for June but was also subject to change. You entitled little cry babies are the reason we probably won't get nearly as much information moving forward from Trion. Just stop.

VanBlaze
I cant understood this frustration. Alpha and beta testers are for test. Like changes or no they beneficts of play game before it gets out is paid with test of the errors. They did changes in this patch maybe they keep till game launch or no but still the objective is test them. And about beta launch, is simple it only will be beta when devs thinks is the moment there isnt a contract or nothing which marks the date.

I am waiting for beta but while i cant test nothing or play nothing. I am in another trion game. Happens what happens is just a testing normal way. Alpha--->(when sure for beta)---> Closed Beta ---> (Some stress test and some bugs repair after) ---> Open Beta ---> (Some stress test and some bugs repair after) ---> F2P Launch. But while this happens test and test and test also if they put batman drinking beer in a isle inside archeage.

Ekhamin
06-19-2014, 05:36 AM
1) Letting people livestream the alpha builds hype, but will eventually make people feel like they have experienced it all by just watching, You are for sure going to lose interest this way. In fact I can't tell you how many message boards I have seen where people are no longer looking forward to the game because of how much livestream content is available. You should have waited until closed beta to begin this.

I have seen alot of video's of the game from players, and from Trions livestreams, and the more i have seen the more i wanted to try out the game my self and experience the stuff on my own, and i have some guild members who bought the Founders pack just out of my thread on our forum telling them about the game, and they are enjoying it.

@ Scapes thanks for the info, can't wait for the launch, altho a founders pack might be bought soon :D

Gank4Fun
06-19-2014, 05:38 AM
Thanks a lot.
1.2 is the most ganker-friendly of all the patches before.
Some safezone changes.
Less Karma for PK!

Love it!

PurelySavage
06-19-2014, 05:43 AM
Im hoping refunds are still available. I will pay when I hear of an actual date.

xsarinx
06-19-2014, 05:46 AM
Im hoping refunds are still available. I will pay when I hear of an actual date.

You should of done that from the beginning you self entitled little cry baby. And honestly you don't even need to pay for the game at all. It's free to play when it's ready for release.

Good luck with the refund, I surely hope they honor you the refund and we never see you here again, my opinion of course.

PurelySavage
06-19-2014, 05:49 AM
You should of done that from the beginning you self entitled little cry baby. And honestly you don't even need to pay for the game at all. It's free to play when it's ready for release.

Good luck with the refund, I surely hope they honor you the refund and we never see you here again, my opinion of course.

Oh no my wittle feelings were hurt :(

attacking people won't help. :)

xsarinx
06-19-2014, 06:00 AM
Oh no my wittle feelings were hurt :(

attacking people won't help. :)

I am not attacking anyone ... I am telling it like it is.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/

Visit this link where you purchased your pack. It doesn't promise you any dates. You purchased something that you feel should be set on "your" terms and what you think should be the timeline, which none is promised on the purchase page, or anywhere on the forums was there a date given, and now you want to threaten them with a refund to only purchase it at a later date when they give a concerete date???? Ya, your threat to them will make them release the beta on your terms /rolls eyes

Loopygood
06-19-2014, 06:02 AM
but there should be an ability to turn off a 80/20 pack so you can share it with friends or give it to others if you so desire.We can also have options such as making a "High Risk" Pack, where the 80/20 is not applied but the rewards are 10% greater. To cause a want to group up and have a bigger pay out.

I like this idea. Perhaps after a pack is created, you can buy another reagent, right-click it and it puts a stamp of ownership on the pack, changes the flag color or something, and makes it give the 80/20 split. That way you only pay for protected packs if you want them. There could also be a stamp for guild ownership, so if the pack is stolen, 20% goes to the guild leader.

ehxdi
06-19-2014, 06:02 AM
Heaven forbid they're late on something, the world is ending!

Some of you are the epitome of self-entitled babies.

You do realize some people payed 90/50 euros for this content? or are you just some sort of troll and/or an entitled alpha **** ?

PurelySavage
06-19-2014, 06:03 AM
I am not attacking anyone ... I am telling it like it is.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/

Visit this link where you purchased your pack. It doesn't promise you any dates. You purchased something that you feel should be set on "your" terms and what you think should be the timeline, which none is promised on the purchase page, or anywhere on the forums was there a date given, and now you want to threaten them with a refund to only purchase it at a later date when they give a concerete date???? Ya, your threat to them will make them release the beta on your terms /rolls eyes

I agree it won't change anything, but i'd rather not spend my money on a game that i will play for what, 2-3 weekends before people my age go back to school and then I have no time to play... so then what was the point. That's how I see it. They can't change that people are in school, but I can choose what I do?

xsarinx
06-19-2014, 06:05 AM
You do realize some people payed 90/50 euros for this content? or are you just some sort of troll and/or an entitled alpha **** ?

You realize they still get what they paid for just a few weeks later right? Or you seriously that unintelligent?

xsarinx
06-19-2014, 06:09 AM
I agree it won't change anything, but i'd rather not spend my money on a game that i will play for what, 2-3 weekends before people my age go back to school and then I have no time to play... so then what was the point. That's how I see it. They can't change that people are in school, but I can choose what I do?

Hey I agree that summer time is a great time for players of that age to get immersed in a game. The thing is, the player experience right now and patch 1.0 is not a good one for the US/Eu player base. I think a few week delay is much better than releasing the game in it's current state. I imagine that release will be pushed back as much as the beta, so in the end the time will be the same, just the roll out is delayed.

It's futile for us to argue over it, I am in a similar situation as you, although mine is my wife and I will have a baby just born about the time they will release the beta. But we can't change the fact trion needs to take some more time to make this right for all of us in the end.

PurelySavage
06-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Hey I agree that summer time is a great time for players of that age to get immersed in a game. The thing is, the player experience right now and patch 1.0 is not a good one for the US/Eu player base. I think a few week delay is much better than releasing the game in it's current state. I imagine that release will be pushed back as much as the beta, so in the end the time will be the same, just the roll out is delayed.

It's futile for us to argue over it, I am in a similar situation as you, although mine is my wife and I will have a baby just born about the time they will release the beta. But we can't change the fact trion needs to take some more time to make this right for all of us in the end.

While I agree with that, Beta accounts should in some way still be able to test these changes and not just alpha. I don't see how that is fair, alpha has been going on for a long time. The content is way past Alpha.

ehxdi
06-19-2014, 06:17 AM
You realize they still get what they paid for just a few weeks later right? Or you seriously that unintelligent?

Ohoh, big boy calling people unintelligent. You know they've been postponing beta for a LOOOOONG time now, right ? Are you seriously waiting for people to sit there quietly and nod when they payed for early access to incomplete content? They know it's not done, they still want to play it, and they payed for it

Also, beta is not a full release. Beta in itself is incomplete by definition.
Edit: I've been reading your posts a while ago, I need to ask, why the rage at people wanting what they payed for (E.Q. early access to incomplete material) ? Why does it make you go completely bonkers and offend any one calling out Trion on this BS when they posted dates on twitter and can't keep them ?

Yes people are impatient, people want to play it, people also payed for this and are indeed entitled to this early content. Was it that you payed for Alpha and want the game solely for yerself? I don't get it. Really I don't.

xsarinx
06-19-2014, 06:24 AM
Ohoh, big boy calling people unintelligent. You know they've been postponing beta for a LOOOOONG time now, right ? Are you seriously waiting for people to sit there quietly and nod when they payed for early access to incomplete content? They know it's not done, they still want to play it, and they payed for it

Also, beta is not a full release. Beta in itself is incomplete by definition.

If you are that impatient you should of purchased the pack that allowed you the alpha access as well. And yes I do expect mature players to sit here silently accepting the announcement becuase NO DATE of beta was promised or given yet. They told us a timeline they were shooting and hoping for, which obviously with this update from scapes has changed by a few weeks.

One a side note, I wasn't calling you unintelligent, I asked if you where. Slight difference :)

Puremallace
06-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Or the sky is not falling and we're aware of the need for improved spam countermeasures.

Look to the Rift team to solve this problem. Any gold spam in Rift is literally not able to be read. The logic is so smart it has completely shut down gold spam in Rift. Great news also btw. Thanks for delaying BETA until the game is ready.

VanBlaze
06-19-2014, 06:33 AM
Lets see you want a good game or a bad game? You want bugless game or game with bugs everywhere? You want a fun game or boring game? If you press them if you make them move fast you will have the next wow pandaria in this game. I prefer they be sure in their steps before see bugs in each thing i do in game.

Puremallace
06-19-2014, 06:36 AM
Also add in another Founders pack for Trion from a Silver pack. This kind of news gives me hope they are taking XLGames to task on the hacks and spam to control it and make this launch about the games features and the not the games shortcomings.

Disco
06-19-2014, 06:43 AM
You obviously did not understand what I was reffering to. Ping dependant spammable skills that is. Besides, this Alpha was sold both in EU and in US, hence the urgency to get European servers. I would make a great deal of people happy.

They have said 20 times there will be EU servers for BETA and RELEASE. It will not happen in Alpha, ever, at all, not even a little bit. So if not having an EU server is all you are concerned about, just sit down and wait like everyone else. My other comment was more directed to the people that have some delusional idea that they will change skills so that no matter what your ping is, they will all work the same. It will not happen. It doesn't matter how many times they say we will consider possibly, maybe thinking about asking someone to please think about saying we might do something about it, maybe, at some point. Not going to happen, ever. Thank you.

ehxdi
06-19-2014, 06:45 AM
If you are that impatient you should of purchased the pack that allowed you the alpha access as well. And yes I do expect mature players to sit here silently accepting the announcement becuase NO DATE of beta was promised or given yet. They told us a timeline they were shooting and hoping for, which obviously with this update from scapes has changed by a few weeks.

One a side note, I wasn't calling you unintelligent, I asked if you where. Slight difference :)

Asking people to be mature players while insulting everyone else clearly denotes you as a "Mature player" even "intelligent" might I add. Maybe people didn't pay 135 dollars/euros because they didn't have the cash for it, or reckoned beta would be around the corner, as they earlier said "2 months or so of alpha". Regardless, a date was promised, this would be early June, and you could see it a previous post ago "http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10r8q4g&s=8#.U6LoIbEuKCd"

Please tell me this is neither a date nor a promise. I don't see any "We're hoping to release this in June", what I do see is "Beta coming in june".
This is not up to interpretation.

Either way, going as far to ask me if I'm unintelligent is an insult in itself, how could you possibly assume you have a moral high ground going around insulting everyone else? Then claiming you're just calling it out like it is ? I'm left wondering if you were patient yourself, or did you just shell out 130+ bucks. Keep up the "good cause" Xsarinx o/ trion needs a white knight indeed (Shame they got a troll who insults every one and then claims moral high ground).

Morrigan
06-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Thank you for the update it is appreciated
It is a good move to delay beta until it is ready.

btw all you people qq- ing about it- nowhere when you buy a beta pack does it state when beta will be, only that you will have access, so stop throwing a tantrum like a toddler.

Taldonus
06-19-2014, 07:04 AM
Outstanding news! I only wish we had further details on the changes for 1.2 in regards to class changes and balancing.

Thanks!

thejoda
06-19-2014, 07:06 AM
^ This +100.........Trion? Scapes?

Phy
06-19-2014, 07:27 AM
I think it's very useful and really cool that the game is in alpha longer. Losing or keeping progress doesn't matter since it's an alpha. But Trion actually doing their best to test everything and make sure the game is ready to go to beta is the best thing ever. Slow and steady wins the race

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 07:30 AM
EDIT: I thought I quoted someone so my comment is out of place. Edited for clarity.

Beta is delayed, its not removed from the process. People who paid to play beta, will still get to play beta. People who paid to play alpha will play alpah and beta. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Dates have shifted, but that is to be expected and has always been warned that time-frames were tentative...

lostinspace
06-19-2014, 07:31 AM
For those that don't know ... 70,000 words is the same as a typical mystery novel that will need to be translated to English, French and German :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_count

:)

To be fair, much of that novel will consist of dialogue along the lines of 'Bring me back five rat tails.'

DemiGoth
06-19-2014, 07:32 AM
yay finally !! now we just need to know when we are getting the build on alpha server x.x

Cool. That gvies me enough time to get those last 25 Nui Tears and build myself a marina house. I also hope this patch allows the GMs (are there any in-game BTW?) to insta ban those annoying goldsellers.

just4me
06-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Please I've seen this asked a lot or talked about in game, but no one mentioned it here that I see.

Will we be able to preview armor and clothes before buying, or selecting which we want on a quest ? I can foresee many unhappy customers from the gift shop if this is not available. the same armor piece looks different on different races and sex.

Also Please...please ...please add white dye ....my outfit is all white except for my skirt....I am a slave to fashion and need more colors than currently available.

EDIT: Also, you know from Rift, how popular it is to change hair styles, will we ever see that in Archeage?

thanks, hope this makes it in time for show to answer. (or...you could answer it here :) )

Palinore
06-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Thank you for the update Scapes.

Wolfhammer
06-19-2014, 07:41 AM
The pure entitlement and baby tears is strong in this thread...

Such pain and misery over a few weeks delay of a game... Go watch the news people, there are places right now where people are being murdered en-mass !!!

Get some perspective for ♥♥♥♥s sake !!

Ravven
06-19-2014, 07:49 AM
To be fair, much of that novel will consist of dialogue along the lines of 'Bring me back five rat tails.'

This really made me laugh, thank you. :)

One of the things that I was hoping for was an emphasis on story and lore rather than just translating text. Perhaps the original game does have interesting lore, I have no idea (since the NA version doesn't have cutscene/storyline dialogue translated and re-voiced yet). The world is so gorgeous and immersive, and it feels like a real world...I would love to have a great storyline to go along with that.

For those not in alpha, this isn't really the type of alpha where bugs are being tested. The game has been out for a couple of years now and basically it's just balancing and localization for our market. It runs well and looks gorgeous and I don't think I've encountered any bugs since the start of NA alpha. Yes, there are problems with several trees/classes which are adversely affected by ping (I play one of those, damn it!). Some of the upcoming changes will make it tougher on the PvE side of things, which is a shame. But for the most part? It's a smooth, solid game and I am having a enormously good time playing it.

Here's hoping that launch comes soon! :)

NYS
06-19-2014, 07:49 AM
Thank you Trion staff, for being so transparent! I appreciate being kept in the know. :)

EumaeosXoO
06-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Thanx Scapes.

Pushing back the beta is the right move. I'm not going to jump on the people upset about it, but I will say that rushing through testing to release is a sure-fire way to fail at launch. See Guild Wars 2. Don't do what they did. That game release in a state similar to where I expect this one to be in the August-September time frame. Yes, the game has been available overseas for some time, but if it released here in that state it would die very quickly. It seems to me that they learned something from launching too early in other markets and they are trying not to make the same mistake here.

Well played sirs. Get the launch right. Don't give in to the impatient customers and rush to market. When its ready its ready. Until then, just keep testing.

amaruk_corvus
06-19-2014, 08:07 AM
So.. feedback:
1. Dont do trade-pack reward splitting, he/she who turns it in gets the full rewards is what I want to see.
2. Dont limit the ammount of guilda stars one can earn/time interval. If I want to earn 100000 guilda stars in a day, let me do it.
3. Waiting for patch notes to see if 1&2 are a relevant concern.
4. Gold selling spammers in Alpha... How in heavens did they get in?
5. Increasing the ammount of time it takes to kill some1 in pvp is ok, increasing the time to kill a mob is not, pve is boring enough as it is.

Gotou
06-19-2014, 08:08 AM
One question Scapes. I'm guessing this means we will be getting future patches at the same time as Koreans?

If that's the case, will we be given a slight buffer to tweak the patches to western standards? As we all know, the last few patches in Korea have been destructive.

theeasyrider
06-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Regarding the 80/20 split of trade pack rewards. How do you split rewards, that give "odd numbers". I think it will be rarely 5 or 10 gildas which is easily split in 4/1 or 8/2. but what about rewards like 3 gildas. Rewards that are not so easy to split in whole gilda stars. Some cases will even give 0,x gilda stars.

theeasyrider
06-19-2014, 08:16 AM
One question Scapes. I'm guessing this means we will be getting future patches at the same time as Koreans?

If that's the case, will we be given a slight buffer to tweak the patches to western standards? As we all know, the last few patches in Korea have been destructive.

Korea has its 1.2 Patch already, and we will get it translated and slightly change in late 2014, so Korea will be still ahead like 9 months i think.

BiksuTong
06-19-2014, 08:17 AM
where's the patch note?

amaruk_corvus
06-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Regarding the 80/20 split of trade pack rewards. How do you split rewards, that give "odd numbers". I think it will be rarely 5 or 10 gildas which is easily split in 4/1 or 8/2. but what about rewards like 3 gildas. Rewards that are not so easy to split in whole gilda stars. Some cases will even give 0,x gilda stars.
As far as I remember it was stated that a stolen/found trade pack can only be traded in for gold...

theeasyrider
06-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Is there any info about raise on lvl cap ? I heard about Lvl cap of 55 with Patch 1.2, that would rather destroy all actual gameplay and content through Lvl 50 as we know....any info ?

Cur
06-19-2014, 08:23 AM
I can't see the harm in releasing the patch notes pre patch in Alpha. I think most players would rest easier knowing the changes in advance even if it takes time to translate the new content.

Meowsiku
06-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Is it possible to buy an alpha and beta key with none of the bonuses and get in for cheaper? All I really want from the packs are they Alpha&Beta keys, and about 25$ of the in game currency, it'd be amazing if you did something like that for a lot cheaper...like $75 maybe...I was guna wait till CBT but this news kinda made me a bit worried that it'll take another few months.

Rav
06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
To all you guys complaining about purchasing because of a June promise for beta, you can request a refund if you haven't logged into the game yet, which you obviously haven't. So if you have an issue with the date if beta being pushed back, get a refund and be done with it.

theeasyrider
06-19-2014, 08:25 AM
As far as I remember it was stated that a stolen/found trade pack can only be traded in for gold...

Ok, that makes sense....in terms of splitting the reward^^ Thanks for the info

Hanthos
06-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Scapes, thank you for the update. As one who is against the idea of completely removing the continental trade runs for Gilda, I'm curious to know if beta will only be for technical testing or if feedback and possible tweaks will still be possible, if warranted, before launch?

Nastisha
06-19-2014, 08:28 AM
Looking forward to it. Don't feel pressured to rush things Trion. Take your time and get it right. You may lose some of the people with A.D.D. but it'll be worth it in the long run.

That is exactly how I feel. Take your time and a great thing will only get better. And thank you for going one step beyond to keep us all informed as much as possible. Your efforts and much appreciated!

VikingGamer
06-19-2014, 08:35 AM
I approve of this plan. Carry on.

Scapes
06-19-2014, 08:46 AM
But now it seems you're just pushing this game to go through alpha to release without any in-between process, rendering the beta-acess completely useless.

Hardly. Be sure to read the OP in which we clearly state that the Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks, not been "render[ed] completely useless".

Garthonea
06-19-2014, 08:47 AM

100%/0% or riot
it flows very well. But backing it up..
Well Im not sure if it just comes from an "American Standpoint" or logical thinking but competition keeps games like this alive. If it is all or nothing people fight harder, get more friends (for protection) involved and are more ruthless (or kind) than when it is all or some. If it is like that trade runs wont really matter because you will still get something pretty much no matter what.
Also competition leads to innovation. People will develop ways to move trade packs more stealthily. Discover new less used routes or develop full on warfare techniques to be able to keep their pack.
Competition also shakes off complacency. Which in the long run could make the game have a life span of much longer.

Garth

Burne
06-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Well.. Thanks for the update.

I'm having fun in alpha so no worries. Best Alpha I've been in for quite awhile.

Does next patch include a server downtime notice? that'd be awesome heh..

Tropical
06-19-2014, 08:53 AM
All sounds good and fairly reasonable, but the tradepack change is a slippery slope, 80/20 will shift the traderuns over to something less dangerous, and less interesting for both pirates and traders, if you lose a ship with goods, meh, you still get 20%, which pretty much covers the cost of making them, evidently making it only a timesink restarting the traderun.

All or nothing gives a sense of adventure, something to be excited about, something to really fight for, find a solution to the problems instead of having the devs figure out how to not make you think for yourselves.

If this continues, in the end, pvp will probably grant exp and honor for both parties regardless of who lives or dies.

These sort of changes create an atmosphere of not really caring whether you live or die, lose your stuff or even log in because itīs pointless since everyone wins.

I would rather die 100 times because im a crappy player and be forced to practice to participate on a fair level instead of getting everything handed to me, if we can just sit on our hands and progress, thereīs no point playing or improving at all, all we get is a grind machine where you can hoard virtual property you canīt really use nor lose.

Up the ante and go for a pvp server where you can actually drop an item if you die in a fair fight.

tannim78
06-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Better to have it done right so that there wont be a major cluster upon NA release.

Fieran
06-19-2014, 08:55 AM
100%/0% or riot
it flows very well. But backing it up..
Well Im not sure if it just comes from an "American Standpoint" or logical thinking but competition keeps games like this alive. If it is all or nothing people fight harder, get more friends (for protection) involved and are more ruthless (or kind) than when it is all or some. If it is like that trade runs wont really matter because you will still get something pretty much no matter what.
Also competition leads to innovation. People will develop ways to move trade packs more stealthily. Discover new less used routes or develop full on warfare techniques to be able to keep their pack.

I actually disagree with this a bit. As things currently stand, the only risk is on the side of the traders. Those who attack the traders risk nothing at all except for a couple of minutes of running back from a resurrection point if they die. What needs to be done is to have some kind of real penalties implemented if someone attacks a trader and fails. The advantage needs to not be so heavily favored towards the aggressors, who lose absolutely nothing.

capoeiratr
06-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Oh my god. russian server comes a new update
Arena 1v1;
increase the maximum level to 55 th;
new skills;
instance "Ernarda Library";
ability to change the appearance of the character;
painting armor system;
more monsters;
new territory on the northern continent;
and much more.

Nathyribeiro
06-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Please Make a PVE server upon release
I hate pvp server and people waiting to kill u and get your stuff... Follow Black Desert step and put PVE server for those that hate pvp...

BiksuTong
06-19-2014, 09:10 AM

few weeks, how many?

52 weeks?

Chaplain
06-19-2014, 09:12 AM
1) Hire a temporary employee and have them watch faction, trade, nation chat, etc...

2) Allow them to right click on the character "asdriajsdh" or "KatnissxXx" who is spamming gold sales, and select "suspend this account indefinitely" (account, not character). Any suspension could be overturned, but the gold spam message would be saved to a file when the "suspend this account indefinitely" option is selected.

At $150 a founders pack right now, the gold spammers would either go broke buying founders packs, or stop spamming in order to preserve their accounts. You could use the $150 per suspended account that has to be replaced by the spammers to easily pay for the temp employee.

If any further explanation is required I'm available via message on these forums. Have a nice day.

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Please Make a PVE server upon release
I hate pvp server and people waiting to kill u and get your stuff... Follow Black Desert step and put PVE server for those that hate pvp...

Never going to happen. Its a PVP game and they have said it dozens of times. If you don't like PVP then don't go into PVP zones...

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 09:13 AM
said stuff

They don't have this technology at the time. Thats the problem. They are waiting to get the next patch on Alpha so they will have tools to more easily address gold spammers.

Nathyribeiro
06-19-2014, 09:15 AM
:(
I love AA and will play for sure even if still PVP... but would love PVE server.. oh well :(

Chaplain
06-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Poppaea,

A sophisticated piece of software that searches keywords in certain phrases, analyzes patterns of behavior in game such as continual gold trading for nothing in return with new characters etc... is the type of software they don't have. This is also the type of software employed by other companies to combat gold sales.

What I recommended (right click on a name to suspend account, temp employee paid by proceeds of suspensions) is not really a piece of software, but a simple function. If you HAD to, you could have them have an admin screen open right next to the game, and manually type "asdriansai" or "KatnissISKSI" or the other random names they have into a browser. No software required.

This would actually be a VERY simple problem to fix, and as it stands now, having to hit "block" everytime a new one pops up, in order to save my ability to see other messages, is becoming increasingly frustrating. I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling, in this community.

Zankorel
06-19-2014, 09:31 AM

Does this mean the level 55 zone will not be in our 1.2 release?

WNxArcticwolf
06-19-2014, 09:35 AM
sounds like it zank they want to launch the game BEFORE getting a new level cap.

Southernstar71
06-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Why can't the 1.2 be released for Alpha AND Beta at the same time?

How about turning the Beta into a 24/7 Beta since the Silver and Gold packs have had their value reduced by the Beta not starting when everyone thought it would?

Hadin
06-19-2014, 10:02 AM

How about turning the Beta into a 24/7 Beta since the Silver and Gold packs have had their value reduced by the Beta not starting when everyone thought it would?

Seems like they plan on milking this alpha for all its worth. Sucks too because I watched one of the streams and they said they would have a beta release announcement when some of their team got back from a meeting with XL Games. I was pretty hyped for this game but a 150 dollar entrance fee is way too much to ask for imo.

Taniya
06-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Thanx Scapes.

Pushing back the beta is the right move. I'm not going to jump on the people upset about it, but I will say that rushing through testing to release is a sure-fire way to fail at launch. See Guild Wars 2. Don't do what they did. That game release in a state similar to where I expect this one to be in the August-September time frame. Yes, the game has been available overseas for some time, but if it released here in that state it would die very quickly. It seems to me that they learned something from launching too early in other markets and they are trying not to make the same mistake here.

Well played sirs. Get the launch right. Don't give in to the impatient customers and rush to market. When its ready its ready. Until then, just keep testing.

^^ +1

/10chars

CrashedmyHarley
06-19-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty bummed that the beta's being pushed back. On the one hand, I understand. Have the alpha testers test it out while there are still things untranslated. But on the other hand, betas are meant for testing too. Though I suppose the point of these betas will be testing server strength. I'm wondering if maybe the point in having everything translated for the beta is because the beta isn't being wiped?

Southernstar71
06-19-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty bummed that the beta's being pushed back. On the one hand, I understand. Have the alpha testers test it out while there are still things untranslated. But on the other hand, betas are meant for testing too. Though I suppose the point of these betas will be testing server strength. I'm wondering if maybe the point in having everything translated for the beta is because the beta isn't being wiped?

The Beta is being wiped before Head-Start begins.

Valnyrac
06-19-2014, 10:25 AM
can i get my money back i spended on founder pack?

CrashedmyHarley
06-19-2014, 10:27 AM
The Beta is being wiped before Head-Start begins.

Yeah, that's what I thought. But if it is, then I'm not sure I see why the alpha would need to be extended for the translation. Beta is for testing too, like I said. Oh well. It's not being pushed back by months or anything, just a few weeks. Still a bit bummed though =(

Monica
06-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Me encanta esta noticia, estoy deseando que empiece la Beta para poder jugar sin ver a tanto ruso a mi alrededor ^^.
Lo de las traducciones me tienen bastante enfadada, no entiendo como lo vais a traducir al Farnces o Aleman y el idioma Espaņol no lo tenéis en cuenta , cuando entre Europeos y Latinoamericanos superamos con creces a los usuarios que jugaran de los antes mencionados.

WNxArcticwolf
06-19-2014, 10:36 AM
you can't get money back.

Mira Rift
06-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Question: I know that you have 70,000 more to translate, but have you finished the translations you were doing for what content we have now? Will we be getting a patch with those to be able to check them out in Alpha?

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 10:46 AM
What I recommended (right click on a name to suspend account, temp employee paid by proceeds of suspensions) is not really a piece of software, but a simple function..

I guess you missing the post where they said they won't have anything more to combat the issue until the next patch is rolled out to alpha. I'm not debating the merits of new functionality, I'm talking about what was already stated by Trion via Scapes.

As mentioned, banning takes longer than it should right now as it's a manual process. Our tools are more sophisticated in our next build.

Our tools to fight malicious behavior are coming in our next build which isn't ready for Alpha just yet, hence why we're slower than we will be to address compromised accounts. The team is actively investigating these accounts. As you probably suspected and others have mentioned, the URL being linked is being used to compromise more accounts which is why the spam appears to be increasing.

In the interim, the chat block function is a temporary if reactive fix. Thanks for the attentive reports of the spamming accounts.

Also it seems Trion is getting XL to do the tools for them as well, so it's not like Trion can just do it themselves. And it seems like use of said tools is tied to client releases. Which we haven't had a new update for a while. Seems like we will get an update when 1.2 is ready.

Apostle
06-19-2014, 10:48 AM

What about the lvl 50+ map in auroria? Items? Mobs dificulty? I'm not sure its a good idea... Everyone want to make good pvp builds and the 1.0+ will change everything... I've a 1.0 build basead in korea AA, because my currenctly build is going to change so much that I can't keep after 1.0... Also no one knows about the classes changes that trion are going to make, so I would like to test it before it goes live... That sux :c

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 10:49 AM

Not so. You test in alpha first, then go to beta. Having a 24/7 beta was not advertised. They will have multiple 3-5 day beta tests that beta users can participate in. They never stated that this changed. The schedule has shifted but people should have seen that coming. Video game launch dates shift regularly.

ZeroMGA
06-19-2014, 11:00 AM
People saying 20% covers the cost of a traderun clearly do not trade.

20% of what? Unless that ship was chock full of T3 packs (hint: they usually are not) they are probably only turning 2.5 - 3.5g per pack. 20% works out to be roughly 50-70 silver. That covers the cost of a cert, but does not cover the cost of seeds let alone harvesting time or the taxes on property.

What about the cost of your ship? Sandglasses aren't terribly hard to produce but they do cost money. 20% on packs won't cover a demolished tradeship. It barely covers the cost of the packs.

PurelySavage
06-19-2014, 11:06 AM
you can't get money back.

Yes you can, as long as you've never entered the game which we haven't since we aren't in alpha.

theeasyrider
06-19-2014, 11:17 AM
People saying 20% covers the cost of a traderun clearly do not trade.

20% of what? Unless that ship was chock full of T3 packs (hint: they usually are not) they are probably only turning 2.5 - 3.5g per pack. 20% works out to be roughly 50-70 silver. That covers the cost of a cert, but does not cover the cost of seeds let alone harvesting time or the taxes on property.

What about the cost of your ship? Sandglasses aren't terribly hard to produce but they do cost money. 20% on packs won't cover a demolished tradeship. It barely covers the cost of the packs.

That's right. Also take into account that most of the items have a sell value, if not used for Trade Pack, you could sell them to NPC or on Auction House.
In most cases there is only a very thin margin between item prices (certificate+Items) needed for a trade pack, and the turn in value. And you only get 20% of the turn in value, NOT of the possible profit. In most cases you'll have 75% loss wenn getting 20%. Whereas the pirate has a 100% win in ALL cases, as he has spent 0 LP, and 0 Gold, and not any time to transport the item from the other continent. So complaining by the pirates should lead the rate towards 50/50 rather than 80/20 if they continue complaining :-)

Puremallace
06-19-2014, 11:19 AM

nah Beta is being wiped that has not changed from what I heard, but releasing the same game in NA/EU that they released in RU would be a disaster.

BlooDEvil
06-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Some changes in 1.2

1. Open field monsters will now give much more experience points than before.

2. Open field player kill (PK) will now reward players with experience points, an increase from nothing previously.

3. Boss monsters now drop much better loot, while new crafting materials are also added.

4. New farm products. Farming will give much more experience than before since it will increase along with skill level.

5- New Sea Monsters

6- Some changes to safe/pvp zones

7- Ship Personalization

8- Search function for Mailbox

9- Pack price preview in each region

rocdog
06-19-2014, 11:28 AM
nah Beta is being wiped that has not changed from what I heard, but releasing the same game in NA/EU that they released in RU would be a disaster.

No kidding. Not only do Russians have different words for almost everything, but they use a different alphabet.

Paxxie
06-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Well it looks like our Alpha time / what we paid to get in just got ALOT better.

Coolenium
06-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi Scapes,

This is some great news, i just have a question, although im sure it has been asked before i cant find it.

Will the new build have the option to sell farmland? i knoticed i had the option on my aqua farm, but not on any of my farms.

As i see it a lot of people are being scammed on farmland, though that might be just people being stupid...

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Hi Scapes,

This is some great news, i just have a question, although im sure it has been asked before i cant find it.

Will the new build have the option to sell farmland? i knoticed i had the option on my aqua farm, but not on any of my farms.

As i see it a lot of people are being scammed on farmland, though that might be just people being stupid...

does any know what the sell option does? I think farms have it too but i have never tried it. I assumed there was no secure way to sell land in AA. In a livestream a while back they said the did request a secure method to sell land but there was no ETA.

If there is a secure way to sell land I would love to know about it.

Scapes
06-19-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm wondering if maybe the point in having everything translated for the beta is because the beta isn't being wiped?

Beta is absolutely being wiped before Head Start.

Siobhan
06-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Beta is absolutely being wiped before Head Start.

Yay!

While you're at it, can we have an Alpha wipe too? I think it would be great to see what the world is like "in the wild" with everybody and their brother trying for the same mobs/resources/farmland/quests/ad nauseum...

Pika
06-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Some solid information in this thread and its posts. Thank you.

People need to settle down regarding the beta (especially people on your guy's Facebook page)

Ashetharion
06-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. But if it is, then I'm not sure I see why the alpha would need to be extended for the translation. Beta is for testing too, like I said. Oh well. It's not being pushed back by months or anything, just a few weeks. Still a bit bummed though =(

Just a guess, the beta is kinda intended for a more finished model, to display for a play through for the masses, testing to make sure at a last check point, that its rdy for launch soon. As alphas tend to last longer, do more reporting on bugs, with a more closed in community, to make sure that the game mechanics are tested properly.

They dont really need to test the language so much. They need to test on this fake live community (alpha), who are treating the game as if its live, to see what they are exploiting every day, not just who exploits for the weekend beta before its wiped every weekend. But no one really gets that far into beta's b/c they are so time limited and made more so for stress testing servers and massing large amounts of people to see if they missed any tiny little holes they patched up. And if the masses are treating the game as they initially tested the alpha players were abusing it.

And TRUST me, you'll be thankful when you dont have to see what they ARE abusing. -_- In alpha and some things are pretty harsh. But its great! B/c thats what we are here for, to stop them from doing that when it goes live! Thankfuly, even after reading this im sure, most will continue to help the launch, unintended.

As a side note... weeks tend to make up month(s).

tinklepee
06-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Sounds great, except the 80/20.

Kenna Mustafar
06-19-2014, 12:40 PM
All your going to do is encourage pirating. The original pack creator should not receive anything if he fails to turn his pack in. If you go to something similar to the Korean model its going to slide into that and its going to make people be lazy and or just make packs in mass and drop them on a beach (even if it is just 20%) pirating is going to be the death of this game since all of the free players are going to almost certainly go pirate. I'm not saying remove pirating but maybe a simpler solution to keep it at an acceptable level. maybe 60/0 because if you make it an option to give the original pack creator ANYTHING after losing it, its going to encourage bad trading practices because there will be those that game the system is some way which will lead to the horrible Korean system. Those that can't make it pirating will either have to move on or play/make their way through the game by some other means.

A real trader will scout out before hand or have scouts out in front of his run. will hire guards or gather guildies to protect his trade. ** Not drop his trade on a beach **

(this has nothing to do with the intercontinental trading and I really don't believe it has much of an effect on my point)

This is my rant and I pray that this particular decision is removed. I can handle long coming release dates and beta releases as I can understand it takes time to get it right. I love this game and I don't want to see it circle the drain before it even releases. Thank you for your time.

-Concerned Alpha Tester

Tkeasy
06-19-2014, 12:46 PM
We're thrilled to announce that both Trion Worlds and XLGames have agreed that it's best for us go live with Patch 1.2's amazing improvements when we launch with English, French, and German languages in 2014. Launching with Patch 1.2 is a challenge as it adds over 70,000 words to translate. Since we want a complete English translation before introducing a larger audience to the game, this does mean that our Beta schedule has shifted by a few weeks.

The ArcheAge Team

SPANISH?

From Wikipedia:

Spanish
Native speakers
410 million

French:
Native speakers
75 million

German:
Native speakers
Standard German: 90 million (2010)[1]
all varieties of German: 120 million (1990–2005)[2]

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

Zankorel
06-19-2014, 12:58 PM
SPANISH?

From Wikipedia:

Spanish
Native speakers
410 million

French:
Native speakers
75 million

German:
Native speakers

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

Oviously those who natively speak Spanish and do not speak English, French, or German are not the target demographic.

TheGyno
06-19-2014, 01:00 PM
SPANISH?

From Wikipedia:

Spanish
Native speakers
410 million

French:
Native speakers
75 million

German:
Native speakers

Maybe they're after competant players?? Discuss

Academic
06-19-2014, 01:05 PM
I can't wait to see how these things change.

And I get to hold onto my character for a bit longer! >:M

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Its about money, not total populations. This isn't the first game that opted out of translating to Spanish but covered French and German. This is a business folks.

And ya can try to argue that those populations translate into money but you would be speculating (and wrong) :) Certain markets are more qualified than others for certain businesses. They aren't doing it to be mean, they are doing whats best for the company.

Of course I am only speculating that Trion being a business thought all this out and opted to choose languages that gave them the best return on their investment. I would think they know a thing or two about making sure they properly secure the EU market they are going to offer this service to(and of course NA).

Relient
06-19-2014, 01:20 PM
SPANISH?

From Wikipedia:

Spanish
Native speakers
410 million

French:
Native speakers
75 million

German:
Native speakers

Nothing in Scapes`post says that those are the only languages that are coming out. It just means those are the languages that are primary focus and was already planned out.

Cik
06-19-2014, 01:22 PM
he has said about three times now that they will come out later.

Later. They have them now, and you know it, Scapes...what are you escaping from...see the play on words there? Heh...yea, yea, writing and interacting in a 2-dimensional means, like a forum, doesn't convey the same level of tongue and cheek, but the thoughts remain. Just pull the baindaid off and get it over with. Not to mention, as someone else had brightly mentioned, the 1.2 can be released for Alpha AND Beta at the same time, and no one is going to challenge the time it takes to translate, nor do most have a big issue with it.