PDA

View Full Version : Special Livestream: ArcheAge Patch 1.2

Scapes
06-18-2014, 10:41 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ArcheAge_blog_header_4_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/special-livestream-archeage-patch-1-2/)

Join Lead Producer Victoria "FireCait" Voss, Associate Producer Amanda "Amary" Fry, and Senior Community Relations Manager Evan "Scapes" Berman on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds) for a special livestream. The team will be sharing details on meeting with XLGames in Korea last week and our announced plan to launch with Patch 1.2 later this year. Be sure to read our announcement (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?12109-ArcheAge-to-Launch-with-XLGames-Patch-1.2) on the topic and prepare your questions for the livestream.

Special Livestream: ArcheAge Patch 1.2
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: Thursday, June 19 at 3:00 PM Pacific
Duration: 45 minutes

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/special-livestream-archeage-patch-1-2/)

Liberator48
06-19-2014, 04:02 AM
WHO CARES!?!?!?! Just release the game already DAMN!

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 04:21 AM
A lot of us would prefer they launch the game properly, and patching us to 1.2 makes good sense. There is no logic in launching game as it is now. Nuia tears anyone? Why launch when you know dramatic changes are around the corner?

Tiberrs
06-19-2014, 04:40 AM
Awesome thanks

dragonmi0
06-19-2014, 04:43 AM
Hoping for some decent info about beta, since the meeting in korea will be discussed...

RadiantShocker
06-19-2014, 06:02 AM
Well can't wait to hear about the future of ArcheAge.

xsarinx
06-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Glad to hear the game will be patched with a much better player experience. Keep up the good work and take the time you need.

Tronus
06-19-2014, 06:05 AM
The Tronus will be there! All reds must run or die...

Ursador
06-19-2014, 06:44 AM
Will this stream be archived on Twitch's site?

Some of us gamers have full-time day jobs.

AeonAuron
06-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Looks like i will have to wake up with pure red eyes tomorrow :'(

Thank you for the good news.

Since this one is going to be the most important livestream ever, can you please do it a little bit earlier? Personally, it will end at 02:00 AM for me and i will have to wake up at 07:00 for the work :rolleyes:

---

Do you really wanna play a garbage right now, or a good game in few months?

Palinore
06-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Looking forward to hearing more details.

Don Corleone
06-19-2014, 08:12 AM
anyone have a summary of the patch? I keep hearing bad things... taking out aurora gear, no more nui tears, no more guilda stars for same continent trades....quests dont have choosable rewards only RNG drop boxes which means you may or may not get the gear you need/want from quest. I mean i understand wanting to make crafting the best option, really I do. I do however realize your run of the mill player will hate that system and move on to another game rather than invest the amount of time it takes to get their own armor crafting up to snuff. Not only that but with the wanky crafting post level 40 (yeah 7 sets and its random as to what you get?) it makes it all the more reasonable that players will hate that system much like they hate it in korea.

Sofaism
06-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Make auction house let you put in your highest bid and go up gradually as others bid

Quang
06-19-2014, 08:38 AM
This is probably the first useful livestream.

JerryBoyle
06-19-2014, 08:42 AM
anyone have a summary of the patch?
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?11353-A-Compilation-of-What-We-Know-About-Trion-s-1.0-Approximation-Patch

This thread summarized it pretty well, not sure if it covers 1.2 though. Definitely did 1.0 though.

Itsumade
06-19-2014, 08:49 AM
This is really great guys. Make us proud, with a fine and polished release so the F2P players can stick around and enjoy this game how it is meant to be to.

Puremallace
06-19-2014, 08:50 AM

NO. Fix the gold spam, bot, and hack issues first. Take your sweet time fixing these. The economy is far too sensitive in this game to not micro manage this stuff.

Poppaea
06-19-2014, 09:53 AM
anyone have a summary of the patch? I keep hearing bad things... taking out aurora gear, no more nui tears, no more guilda stars for same continent trades....quests dont have choosable rewards only RNG drop boxes which means you may or may not get the gear you need/want from quest. I mean i understand wanting to make crafting the best option, really I do. I do however realize your run of the mill player will hate that system and move on to another game rather than invest the amount of time it takes to get their own armor crafting up to snuff. Not only that but with the wanky crafting post level 40 (yeah 7 sets and its random as to what you get?) it makes it all the more reasonable that players will hate that system much like they hate it in korea.

They said formal patch notes will come closer to release. But Scapes did chime in on the 1.0 approximation patch notes thread so you can at least see what was going on there.

As much as I hate the RNG crafting, nothing on that has been mentioned so I don't expect changes myself.

Shyraven
06-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Are the livestreams going to be on youtube (like earlier livestreams) for playback?

Neva
06-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Looks like I missed this again. :(

Anyone have a link to the replay?

Bg22
06-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Did I miss it? And is there somewhere to watch the recording?

Zend
06-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Did I miss it? And is there somewhere to watch the recording?

Yeah you missed it, but here's the recording ... http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/540041582

Bg22
06-19-2014, 06:38 PM
I missed the livestream today (as I was helping my cat bring 4 new kittens into the world!), and I was really, really looking forward to getting to ask you all if there were any plans for further character customization. Specifically beards!

I can speak for a large population of ppl (everyone that I know that is playing the game), wants the option to add beards to their characters. As this is not common in Korean games, it is very common in Western games. So, that is something I would very, very much like to see!

Lelouch
06-20-2014, 03:37 AM
Umm I've watched it all tho I had some sound issue so I want to clear up some things which im not very sure I heard correctly.
so I bought my alpha access founder pack today along with tax it was omg 177 usd.

and I want to make sure of some things
1: .... so I understand there will be 1 wipe for accounts on alpha and 1 wipe between beta to launch ?
2: and I understood if I have founder pack I can freely spend my credits on beta to test things and all credits will be refunded once we get the 4 days ahead start ?
3: I understand that they are planning to come with and free all the skills/balance changes that came out on 1.0 -1.2 on korea but not to free the new lvl cap and new lvl 55 skills? nor to provide the extra 5 skill points? (wont this make balance issues? I mean they made the changes counting on the new skills to balance the trees)
4: will they post all skill sets changes/ after balance on site so people could know the builds/skill sets they want?
or is there a place where we can see the skills/skillsets we will have when game launch ? or will the balance changes be made already in alpha/beta before game launch? so we cant test them out ?

thanks for everyone who can help me with these questions

Xenon
06-20-2014, 04:19 AM
When this new Alpha server will be opened they told us Date ? or only infos that server will be opened?

Bg22
06-20-2014, 07:14 AM
When this new Alpha server will be opened they told us Date ? or only infos that server will be opened?

They gave us a few time references, so when you narrow it down, it seems like 3-4 weeks.

HappyZavulon
06-21-2014, 09:54 AM
They gave us a few time references, so when you narrow it down, it seems like 3-4 weeks.

Unless they open the CBT a week after that, it seems that the EU players won't get to play the game properly until early Fall.

Jimbostein
06-22-2014, 02:02 AM
I wanted to make some notes for my guildmates that couldn't watch the stream, so here's my "cliffnotes" about what was discussed.

1.2 changes/additions and new alpha server
The game will be launched with version 1.2 running on the servers. Trion is calling this their version 4.0. There's a huge amount of new translations so they're pushing back beta by a couple of weeks but won't delay launch. In the meantime, they'll let us play a partially-translated version on alpha.

1.2 adds a lot of very cool things (not all big things, there's a lot of quality of life stuff too). The reason why Trion is launching with 1.2 instead of 1.0 is that 1.0 didn't quite come out as good as Korea expected, and 1.2 tweaked a lot of the negative things from 1.0 while retaining a lot of great things.
Two examples of QOL changes: the crafting folio is searchable by ingredients/recipe names. Also, "Glider turbulence" from 1.0 (hopping from 1 ship to another in the ocean was made much more difficult with turbulence, but 1.2 doesn't make it so painful. Takes more skill to glide from boat to boat now) is less harsh.

1.2 will include a way to securely sell both houses and farms. You can either list your property as for sale for anyone who wants to buy, or you can specify a specific person to sell to and transfer ownership rights.

In 1.2 Refined Hereafter stones will convert to regular stones on a 3 to 1 (3 hereafter stones for every refined stone) ratio. All teleports will only use regular hereafter stones, and the cost for cross-ocean teleports will be 3 hereafter stones.

1.2 has a reforging system...so when you're crafting endgame stuff and going for a specific kind (water vs earth)
of item, you can take 3 of those "wrong" items (doesn't have to be the same kind of item) and combine them to essentially reroll.

The class changes that were in Korea patch 1.0 and 1.2 will be included in the 1.2 update, but the level cap will remain at 50. This will prevent us from getting the lvl 50+ skills but we still get the rest of the changes/balance. There are also new zones with 1.2 that we won't be seeing at launch, because they're mostly tied with 50+ content. Once our cap is raised to 55 they will become accessible.

Also, in 1.2 experience points can be earned in PVP through killing or healing other players (who earned xp from killing someone else).

In addition to the other changes, the trade window will now show what kind of reward you're getting depending on where you turn your tradepack in. The Persistent dye system will be added, as well as those custom crest reagents so you can make your crest.

1.2 will be put on the alpha server before beta starts, but when beta starts, it'll also be running on the 1.2 patch. No wipes are planned between the current build and 1.2. There will be a wipe between open beta and headstart (so head start is an actual start).

A second alpha server will be opening up as soon as 1.2 is deployed. The two servers are called "Alpha" and "Omega". They tried real hard to get the 2nd server to be in Australia, but the infrastructure isn't there yet, so the 2nd server will also be located in the US. When beta begins, there will also be EU servers for that. They are not planning on allowing us to copy characters to the new alpha server.

All changes mentioned in the past few months (80/20 split, intercontinental trade routes for guilda stars, etc) will be included in 1.2. However, the first alpha build won't have the changes that Trion wants. That'll have to wait for the second 1.2 build. Ping-dependent skill changes will be in the SECOND 1.2 patch, because the first 1.2 patch won't include western-specific changes.

Reminder: After open beta starts, alpha servers will be brought down (and not brought up again), until they need them to test for the live game. The alpha server is a test server, not a live server.

As we've heard before, guilda stars and Nui Tears are going through very big changes.
When 1.0 came out a year ago in Korea, guilda stars were essentially removed from almost every activity because too many people had too many guilda stars. They had a huge inflation issue so they chose to severely limit how you could earn more stars. Trion has convinced XL Games to add the stars to a lot of the story quests (enough to get a boat and house, or a farmhouse) as well as other PvE-oriented methods. The dailies from Korea are also in our version, and they now guarantee a set number of guilda stars a day. And of course, cross-ocean trading will have them. Cross-ocean trades will give you the option of being rewarded guilda stars, or crafting reagents(stabilizers) that are required for higher level crafting. High level crafting can also use a component created from breaking down guilda stars (it breaks down into a dust that is tradable) that will keep the demand for guilda stars constant.

So to be clear, guilda stars are gained from story quests, dailies, and inter-continental traderoutes. They will no longer be gained from fishing lockboxes or intra-continental (same-continent) routes.

Nui Tears will be deprecated and phased out of the alpha, to consolidate the currency system. Although they will be available in 1.2, you can only sell the ones that you have, not earn more. They're not going to be used any further. The hidden Nui Tear locations will still be worth visiting, but Trion is still discussing what to replace the Nui Tear reward with at this time. The Nui Tear-to-gold ratio will be 20 silver per tear (of course, this is only for alpha, Nui Tears won't make it to live).
Instead of Nui Tears, items bought on Mirage Isle will be bought with gold or guilda stars.

In-game store
The store will include items like mounts, costumes, color variants of mounts, appearance changes, armor fuzing reagents, etc. The best items will not be store-exclusive. Vanity costumes will be there. They do have access to all the costumes available in Korea 1.2 but there is no timeline on when we'll see them.

The store is going live soon. It will definitely be in by beta but maybe earlier on alpha. Credits from founders packs will be available to use (during beta you're using the same pool of credits, not separated). Anyone who got an alpha/beta invite through promotions/contest also get a siphon of credits. Credits spent during alpha/beta will be reset for headstart.
For those who got in the alpha/beta from methods other than purchasing one of the founder packs, that siphon of credits will not be available for them at launch.

There IS a test labor potion available to purchase on the store. Trion is looking for feedback on how it's "useful/good vs overpowering/too much", and it does have a cooldown. They're testing the waters. Everyone on alpha/beta is really there for feedback. They're making tweaks to westernize various things in the game (inter-continental trade, LP potions on the store, etc) and may not reflect what will be available at launch. Currently in Korea's ingame store, they sell the Sloth glider, which is Korea's best-in-slot item for gliders. Trion doesn't want to sell BIS items in the store. They're looking to make sure we can also earn it in-game.

Update on beta
There will be a good mix of beta events, some during the week, some during weekend, 3-5 day periods. The current plan is that during beta events, alpha servers will be offline because they want us all to test the beta and bump the population up. However, they're taking feedback on this and are debating this in the office. They might keep alpha server up for first beta event, but if they don't get a high enough population on beta they reserve the right to shut them down for the other events.

Beta servers will retain your progress between beta events...essentially the servers will be frozen in time between events so stuff won't expire. The same thing will happen with the alpha servers. When beta events start, the alpha server is "frozen" and shut down so you don't lose crops and such while you're playing on beta.

Beta will be a separate download. They'll do pre-downloading before beta...but be warned, when Alpha gets the 1.2 build (or as they're calling it, the 4.0 build) it will be a complete re-download for alpha players. There will be a very extended downtime with this update, with a huge amount of changes to the client and servers. The patch will be up for download during this downtime.

Founders will be given their founder benefits in open beta, and again at headstart. Founder Pack gliders will be equippable at level 1. With the exception of the silver pack glider (already in the game), the founders pack items cannot be earned in-game.

Housing/Taxes
Tax certificates will be in 1.2. Tax certificates are used to pay off the taxes on your property. For those that don't know, everything you own will be taxed. To own property you need to pay taxes, and you need patron status in order to be eligable to pay these taxes. Currently in the game, you pay this off with in-game gold through the mail, but that will change.

To pay off your taxes, you can craft tax certificates in 1.2 with labor, patron (subscriber) currency, or you can purchase for real money tradeable tax certificates. So...you can pay them through real money, in-game money, subscribing, or labor.

Patron status can be bought with in-game currency. Much like RIFT's currency, ArcheAge has APEX, an item bought with real money, that is worth credits. You can sell that item in-game on the AH, players can buy that and use it to gain credits, and use those credits to purchase patron status. You can also use the credits from the founders packs to buy the patron status item.

Other tidbits
The game will launch with the max level capped at 50 (not 55).

Headstart will have a variety of servers to select from, but be advised that there may be more servers open at launch.

No name reservation systems are being planned for launch, so the head start will be your best bet.

There are no planned restrictions on who can play on US servers, and no plans to block other regions by IP address.

The new races are not live in either the US build, or Korea for that matter. As updates go to Korea, they'll be looked over and made available for the US version ASAP.

Nations (custom factions) will not be live in our game at launch. They are causing a lot of challenges in Korea, and until they are adjusted/fixed/whatever the US won't deal with that. The revised system will be included once it is done right. This is also why Auroria isn't claimable, because it is tied to the nations system.

They're Working constantly to ban goldspammers, and have already banned many thousands. There will be a post about this later.

Borderless windowed mode is under development at XL Games, as well as darker skin color options. Trion has talked to XL Games about the draw distances, but no quick solutions are available; it's a problem with DX rendering.

That's about all I wrote down about the stream, hope some of you found it helpful!

HappyZavulon
06-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the summary Jim! Although I will say that I am still confused about the new tax system... so now instead of using gold, you have to craft a special item to pay with or what?

Kolgrim
06-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Take ur time and make it best game ever, all what i wish to know is when beta will be open, because i want bring to this game some fresh blood from Aion :-) propably most of my friends will join me, so a good time to kill some reds comming up :-people

Gonzothegreat198
06-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the summary Jim! Although I will say that I am still confused about the new tax system... so now instead of using gold, you have to craft a special item to pay with or what?

No, the tax certificates allow for an expanded way to pay your tax, they will be available for either in game gold, real money or labor

BlackPlague
06-25-2014, 05:29 AM
Can I get a link to the Official patch notes for 1.2, I want to know what is being fixed and what is being screwed up. Thanks

And what I mean by "screwed up" , nerfs to classes....

lightforce
06-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Can I get a link to the Official patch notes for 1.2, I want to know what is being fixed and what is being screwed up. Thanks

There are none for us to see yet.

ugurano
06-27-2014, 09:13 AM
i cant wait on this game, i hope its good mmo, im deletet most mmos on begin, most wow clone

Valamir
06-27-2014, 10:38 AM
a question abot the market

as i understand there will be 2 markets/coins: loyalty and standard coins... the first ones comes with sub the second you have to purchase them with real money or ingame from other players.

are the markets going to be the same with just 2 ways to purchase things with different coins or are 2 separate markets? if they are separate will the loyalty market receive updates as much as the normal cash market or it will have just some "premium items" at start and then is not going to change?.

what i will not like to see is the loyalty market with some custom item at start but then "abandoned" in favor of the normal cash shop that will receive costumes, mounts, pets and so on while the loyal market will get nothing

thejoda
06-27-2014, 10:41 AM

And what I mean by "screwed up" , nerfs to classes....

...hahahahahha you think they give us information? Your funny.

Poppaea
06-27-2014, 12:54 PM
...hahahahahha you think they give us information? Your funny.

They will give us the notes next week. Patience is a virtue grasshopper. Patience.

Sirbalin
06-27-2014, 07:32 PM
A lot of us would prefer they launch the game properly, and patching us to 1.2 makes good sense. There is no logic in launching game as it is now. Nuia tears anyone? Why launch when you know dramatic changes are around the corner?

No...the 1.2 patch is a need...not sure if im posting in the alpha forums or not...lol, but those in there know its a must.

Cabrens
07-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Is it a patch or do we need to download the 24 gB again?? (which would requiere one whole week in my case...)

Poppaea
07-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Is it a patch or do we need to download the 24 gB again?? (which would requiere one whole week in my case...)

Full download.

Megadone
07-02-2014, 07:47 AM
you guys need to start reading all post's in a thread, instead of just randomly saying stuff or asking something which was answered a gazilion times...

yes you will have to re-download the full client, welcome to Alpha