PDA

View Full Version : Remove respawn statues

xReorks
04-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Respawn should happen only in major towns.
Not at 2 mins away from where you died,and what for? to die again? since there's no way in hell that in 2 mins the majority of common players will improve themself to a point at which they will successfully prevent the same death they faced before.
Be it lack of organisation,of gear or numbers,if you die you should face a penalty that should hint you something "hey should i stop to die like a fly and improve myself a bit?" instead of "oh,i just died,whatever,lets run back to the enemies that just have killed me once".

This leads to a meaningless concept of pvp,without winners,without losers,but into an endless duck shooting that kill both parts from boredom.

Why this,and where this leads?

Imagine a world boss fight , the problem is that actually if there's two side one has to completely smash the other to an extent in which one of the two completely give up the fight,stopping to respawn and rush over and over.
Even if they stand no chance at all.
They'll keep wasting time of those that are actually winning the fight,preventing them from claiming their prize of success.

A fight that is decided after 30 mins lasts an hour,or more,due to an horde of handless 1shot characters popping back once every few minutes just to get one shotted again.
And again.
And again.
Please stop.
And they respawn this near that makes their presence even more annoying for how useless it is,the PvP is fun as long as it is challenging and rewarding,if become duckshooting due to broken mechanics there's no point for it.
The game should reward the winners not slow them down to please those that can't win in any way.

The respawn could eventually turn to be a matter of the single guilds that should place something like flags or outposts like Lineage 2 ones,under certain conditions and with higher costs if they wish to put up a longer fight that they can handle at least they do it paying from their own pocket.

KeksX
04-04-2014, 08:14 AM
I support this, even though it will most likely never happen.

Peter
04-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Respawn should happen only in major towns.
Not at 2 mins away from where you died,and what for? to die again? since there's no way in hell that in 2 mins the majority of common players will improve themself to a point at which they will successfully prevent the same death they faced before.
Be it lack of organisation,of gear or numbers,if you die you should face a penalty that should hint you something "hey should i stop to die like a fly and improve myself a bit?" instead of "oh,i just died,whatever,lets run back to the enemies that just have killed me once".

This leads to a meaningless concept of pvp,without winners,without losers,but into an endless duck shooting that kill both parts from boredom.

Why this,and where this leads?

Imagine a world boss fight , the problem is that actually if there's two side one has to completely smash the other to an extent in which one of the two completely give up the fight,stopping to respawn and rush over and over.
Even if they stand no chance at all.
They'll keep wasting time of those that are actually winning the fight,preventing them from claiming their prize of success.

A fight that is decided after 30 mins lasts an hour,or more,due to an horde of handless 1shot characters popping back once every few minutes just to get one shotted again.
And again.
And again.
Please stop.
And they respawn this near that makes their presence even more annoying for how useless it is,the PvP is fun as long as it is challenging and rewarding,if become duckshooting due to broken mechanics there's no point for it.
The game should reward the winners not slow them down to please those that can't win in any way.

The respawn could eventually turn to be a matter of the single guilds that should place something like flags or outposts like Lineage 2 ones,under certain conditions and with higher costs if they wish to put up a longer fight that they can handle at least they do it paying from their own pocket.

One thing, if you have the death debuff on you, you can't attack or use skills when you get in range of a boss. So if two teams are contesting a boss, death pretty much kicks you out of the fight.

xReorks
04-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Yea i know that but imho isn't as decisive as it should be,at least from a time perspective.
To completely kill of an horde of,lets say,100 players you need to ensure they are done off for a time window larger than the respawn-debuff one actually has in place.

Fook
04-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Re spawning across the map when doing quests just because I was killed was kind of annoying; im not quite sure how the re spawning works to be honest. I am pretty sure re spawning works quite differently when a zone is at war, or different times during the war.

ButteredToast
04-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I Agree with this, but instead of major towns maybe just the town closest to you?

ax3man
04-04-2014, 09:29 AM
looks like children are crying again for useless things :)
first thing is as someone mentioned, u get a debuff. while you have that debuff, you get longer respawn times every time you die.
other thing, i have been in many fights where respawn locations became strategic points to delay some action while waiting for friends to come or force enemies to teleport away from safe zone of respawn.
third thing is that it helps newbs to exp in both: safe and pvp zones.
fourth - since this game is kind of "wins the one who starts the fight", people can have a chance at revenge to their evildoers.

so how can pvp last more than one hour if at the 3rd death character must wait 2 minutes (if i am not mistaken), after fourth maybe 5 or more (3 is most deaths in a row i had :> ) ?

you, mister, are just complaining for no reason at all...

P.S.: we should be more concerned about spam bots... they even started to spam in PM! ;/

KeksX
04-04-2014, 09:33 AM

See, I don't even know what your post is about, but this sentence right here shows me that you're not qualified for a discussion.

Just because you disagree makes people no "children crying for useless things".

xReorks
04-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Yea,KeksX,aside from his terrible argumentation start i wasted the time to read his meaningless post until the end and i regret to,the problem with that guy seems to be he's playing on some low tier guilds-server as a complete non factor that don't have the grap of whats happening when there are larger amount of players involved in the fight.
Which is exactly what i pointed out,duck shooting to a bunch of 1-2hit characters that hides in a middle of a zerg,good luck keeping perma down a whole zerg of 100+ players while they keep coming over and over,since they are loosing nothing with death.
Funny how he pretends to define the outcome of a pvp as "wins who start the fight",imho he hasn't even got his toon to 50 but talking like he's any factor or has any clue about how to win pvp's.

@butteredtoast
Yea,towns or whatever would just get fine,even second option is okay to me as long as it has a cost that require a descent effort before spend it.
But having over 9000 statues everywhere on top of an overwhelming amount of safezones just dumb down the game to a point most people won't even try to avoid death,see people running to death 3 or more times in <15 minutes so they pretend the respawn time to be shorter.... :D

PureRogue
04-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Do you know how long time you need to wait to reset respawn time?>

Peter
04-04-2014, 10:17 AM
10 minutes from your last death.

DeMordey
04-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Major towns and guild related places (houses, outpost etc)

Ezenkrul
04-04-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't think the system for re-spawning needs changed at all, not that I'd be opposed or horribly affected by re spawning in major towns only.

BlackCobalt
04-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Isn't re-spawns random.

Kegster
04-04-2014, 01:56 PM
No, when you die you get a 10min debuff. if you die again in those 10mins then the respawn time gets a little longer

xReorks
04-05-2014, 07:21 AM
No, when you die you get a 10min debuff. if you die again in those 10mins then the respawn time gets a little longer

Yea,and to me diyng twice in 10 minutes looks already as hell of a challenge.
Can't imagine how people can manage to die 3 or more times in 10 minutes.

In any case those guys could (should!!) spend the 10 minutes debuff moving from town and thanking about how they died,shortening the enemy zerg and making effective the combat swing between those that are winning and those that are loosing,which would realize a better and deeper pvp enjoyment.
Expecially for those that are feeding their organisation and healers,and not just a brainless rush of (terribles) dd's.
I think i've died 3 times in my whole AA playthrough so far.
Lets suppose i died once every 10 days. not minutes,does this differ anyhow from where i respawned? not,not at all.
It just does for those that dies alot and have clear problems at understand why they fail that much. :D

But since i'm conscient that the majority of players are nowadays totally neglected on a pvp aspect i'd prefer that those that die respawn from the closest/starting town and not keep giving them a reason to keep suiciding themself and wasting time from the people that are actually farming their dead bodies over and over again.

And i renew the suggestion for the players that mistakenly voted the third option to actually take part in a larger scale pvp,then tell me how much f--ked up this respawn system is.
I could forgive you and with my blessing you'll stand in the light proudly.

Xenoth
04-05-2014, 07:28 AM
PVP is nice guys... But this game isn't only about it. Going leveling and having to respawn in a ctiy because you died? Doesn't look good. Leave the game as it is. If you don't like it, you might try to play something else. You can't make people change everything so it suits you. That's how games get ruined.

xReorks
04-05-2014, 07:44 AM
No Xen,you're mistaken,if you read previous polls in which the carebears were asking for have shorter respawn time i hadn't read an answer from you saying "you can't change everything so it suits you".

And don't tell me that diyng in PvE is such a big issue that makes respawning a time wasting issue,is not,and avoiding death is enough to make up for it.
Cause diyng in Pve is an HILARIOUS argument,unless you're afk or caught in a lag spike descent players DO NOT DIE in pve.
Period.

ButteredToast
04-05-2014, 07:48 AM
No Xen,you're mistaken,if you read previous polls in which the carebears were asking for have shorter respawn time i hadn't read an answer from you saying "you can't change everything so it suits you".

And don't tell me that diyng in PvE is such a big issue that makes respawning a time wasting issue,is not,and avoiding death is enough to make up for it.
Cause diyng in Pve is an HILARIOUS argument,unless you're afk or caught in a lag spike descent players DO NOT DIE in pve.
Period.

If you die in PvE you should reconsider your life decisions..........unless you somehow manage to aggro like 8 mobs at once then yeah.

xReorks
04-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Once i find up some spare time id start with some memes 'bout some inspiration im gettin from such discussions axaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa :D

TrueHull
04-05-2014, 08:01 AM
i would settle for increased wait times to respawn and maybe more serve debuffs

"Respawn from guild-based flags, outposts or guild houses" - that doesn''t sound nice, a players base could be on the west continent and they are questing on the east and get surprised ganked i can't see many players being happy about that.

"Respawn allowed only in major towns" - they aren't many so the travel time to get back to where you were would be ridiculous, silver-lining you level up your mount.

I'd rather go for the closest or even the farthest town in that zone. Atleast that way you don't get spawned camp cause they would have to come to you and you would be in a town so you would be able to get all your excuses sorted out. whether that be gears fix, and help from your guildies.

xReorks
04-06-2014, 09:41 AM
i would settle for increased wait times to respawn and maybe more serve debuffs

"Respawn from guild-based flags, outposts or guild houses" - that doesn''t sound nice, a players base could be on the west continent and they are questing on the east and get surprised ganked i can't see many players being happy about that.

"Respawn allowed only in major towns" - they aren't many so the travel time to get back to where you were would be ridiculous, silver-lining you level up your mount.

Dunno whats the problem with deliberately going to the enemy continent and pretend that if you get killed you can just spawn back at 10 meters from where you've been killed? is an aspect,this respawn system,made for the easy moders that i'd remove all along to be honest.
In most of the MMO you used to respawn in the nearest towns and NOT where you've just died.
so just disable those damn statues in pvp zones and in the northern continent,it'd be a good start already,or keep them only until lv 30 areas. then blam,you do not need anymore.
Past level 30 if you die while questing or pve'ing you deserve to spend 5 minutes more running back,doesn't even look like is such an huge penalty imho.

Xenoth
04-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Period.

I'd say you are playing some boring pve right there if you never die... But my main argument was " you can't make people change everything so it suits you" You aren't the only one playing this game. You have a problem with it, you find something else to play. When developers decide to change games so that some 15 year old Mr. Smith will stay they ruin everything. The problem is he'll leave anyways and so will other players who won't like the change. And after all, is this respawn thing such a problem? You could go wine about daily Delphies, that seems to be more important.

shadole
04-09-2014, 08:22 AM
im not 100% how it works. but it would be really annoying if i where to die well questing. then i had to run all the way back just because people are jerks, and love ganking people who quest. theres always stuff like that, in every mmo.

Clavicula
04-09-2014, 08:44 AM

dude, realy, i leave ru server because of things like that, you can be nicer, please?

xReorks
04-09-2014, 01:50 PM
im not 100% how it works. but it would be really annoying if i where to die well questing. then i had to run all the way back just because people are jerks, and love ganking people who quest. theres always stuff like that, in every mmo.

....I had the proper answer to you,if i hadn't got alrdy 2 warnings for saying what i think.

So i try to put it as a question: can you go be dumb somewhere else,please?

Nilv
04-09-2014, 02:35 PM
I would like them to delete some respawn statues, because there is way too many at the moment. Maybe having like 2 per map for each faction.

ZydDragonbane
04-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Leave them the way they are, some players computers sometimes cannot handle big cities. It is a big world after all.

Simsu
04-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Part of killing a world boss in this game is defending it and your group from other people and there are very valid reasons for only wanting to slow down or delay a group from killing them (for example, giving someone else time to form a group and get them there to challenge the kill). My guild always dedicates at least one or two groups to fending off other players while most everyone else just tries to kill the boss. Would it be easier if we didn't have to deal with people coming back from the graveyard? Absolutely, but it's something anyone can do so it's not exactly unfair (or even a bad tactic in some cases).

I think there should be less statues in the world (maybe half as many), but otherwise I don't have a problem with the system.

As others have mentioned, the more times you die in a short period of time the longer you have to wait to respawn (never mind the debuffs and the boss abilities to negate combat around them).

jsolo15
04-10-2014, 09:03 AM
It look like there is a penalty so you are hinder. There other reason for dying other then the area you were in is to high. You could die because you were not paying attention or you got ganked, just a few example where you would want to come back quickly...

either way having to travel back to area just because you want a harsh penalty is not a good idea

Aurelius Luna
04-10-2014, 09:14 AM
i say leave them were they are.

Science the Pony
04-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Part of killing a world boss in this game is defending it and your group from other people and there are very valid reasons for only wanting to slow down or delay a group from killing them (for example, giving someone else time to form a group and get them there to challenge the kill). My guild always dedicates at least one or two groups to fending off other players while most everyone else just tries to kill the boss. Would it be easier if we didn't have to deal with people coming back from the graveyard? Absolutely, but it's something anyone can do so it's not exactly unfair (or even a bad tactic in some cases).

I think there should be less statues in the world (maybe half as many), but otherwise I don't have a problem with the system.

As others have mentioned, the more times you die in a short period of time the longer you have to wait to respawn (never mind the debuffs and the boss abilities to negate combat around them).

This person has a real solution and a logical answer to all the dumb ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed banter this thread has caused.
I thank you for being a sensible person and writing a message that is not "bla bla bla hue hue hue rant rant stupid stupid".

Binks
04-10-2014, 03:55 PM
I agree with butteredtoast (not a sentence I get to use often). The nearest town would be a reasonable alternative to the statues.