PDA

View Full Version : War System by Zone

Fook
04-04-2014, 09:09 AM
Hi everyone, some time ago I made a post on Reddit detailing the war system as I currently know it:

Each phase generally lasts between 1-2 hours. Truce time I have noticed always lasts 2 hours. There are in total 3 phases along with sub-phases. In the Russian client; the sub-phases are referred to as "Levels of threat". Here is a quick outline detailing what I know:

Emerging Conflict

Level 1 - Low threat
Level 2 - Low/Moderate threat
Level 3 - Moderate threat
Level 4 - Moderate/High threat
Level 5 - High threat

War

'Level 6' - War time (1-2 hours)

After a sustained amount of high threat and lots of fighting, war breaks out. At this time, any kills earn a total of 20 honor (broken up if multiple people support your killing blow depending on how much damage was done)

Truce

Temporary truce/ceasefire (2 hours) No PvP can occur during a truce, whether it would be same faction or opposing faction
I do not believe that there is any schedule to any of the zones, as the war time and levels of conflict can last a various amount of time.

I am also not sure if each zone can skip over a level of conflict or not, however I think that depending on the amount of PvP that is currently occurring in that specific zone, you can go through a level of conflict in a matter of minutes.

Do you guys think that the system that is currently had is OK? Do you have any suggestions for future improvements? I personally think that sometimes you can wait a whole day for a zone to go into peace time, so that you can safely create trade goods and transfer them to your home/land. I don't have a problem with this, but I would like more truce time or for there to be more meaning to different level's of conflict.

For example; when it is just level 1 'emerging conflict' then perhaps you get only 1 honor per enemy kill; and it scales up all the way to war time where you get 20 honor per enemy faction kill.

Dotti
04-04-2014, 03:01 PM
You only get honor when the zone is at war. All other phases there is no honor.

KrayPanda
04-04-2014, 07:01 PM
You only get honor when the zone is at war. All other phases there is no honor.

I believe he was asking your opinion as well on whether it should stay that way or not. Personally I think that all PvP kills should earn honor regardless of level of threat.

Aelos
04-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Useful Info, thanks ^^

Vray
04-06-2014, 08:47 AM
In my opinion it's better if the pvp or war only can be done in the north continent. So it will be a zone of war whenever it is..

KeksX
04-06-2014, 08:50 AM
In my opinion it's better if the pvp or war only can be done in the north continent. So it will be a zone of war whenever it is..

Why would that be better? That would mean there's even less PvP in ArcheAge.

King
04-06-2014, 09:07 AM

Plus from what I was hearing War on the other continents does some interesting stuff with trading. Right?

KeksX
04-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Plus from what I was hearing War on the other continents does some interesting stuff with trading. Right?

Yeah it allows you to actually fight back when getting attacked during a trade - stupid safezones - -'

Legion
04-06-2014, 09:08 AM
No, you just can steal packs, in peace you cant attack anyone with packs.

Sekkusu
04-06-2014, 09:11 AM
When you're in an enemy safe zone you cannot attack them but they can attack you. If they do attack you then you can attack back. The only change I would make for it is if they attack you, your party should be allowed to help you rather then just watch you die.

Legion
04-06-2014, 09:23 AM
When you're in an enemy safe zone you cannot attack them but they can attack you. If they do attack you then you can attack back. The only change I would make for it is if they attack you, your party should be allowed to help you rather then just watch you die.
Yap, there was a funny situation, once I planted 800 yew in non safe area in first location and when there was a time harvest them came 5 elf (West), I was Chinese (Eeast side), They cant attack me, but I can, and I asked friend to come, and we together killed 5 elfs, first we killed 2x1 first, then 2nd ...

Vray
04-06-2014, 10:07 AM

lol, i'm not a fan of pvp though >.<
Oh yeah, would you mind to tell me where are the safe zone and where are the war zone?

PaPanurgle
04-06-2014, 06:09 PM
I saw information on sieges and stuff as far as pvp in archage goes. Is it anything similar to World vs World in Guildwars 2 or am i just blowing stuff outa my butt because i don't know much about the game..

Summary of the question is.. is there a pvp system implemented similar to the castle assault system and such like in guildwars 2

Vray
04-07-2014, 01:06 AM
I saw information on sieges and stuff as far as pvp in archage goes. Is it anything similar to World vs World in Guildwars 2 or am i just blowing stuff outa my butt because i don't know much about the game..

Summary of the question is.. is there a pvp system implemented similar to the castle assault system and such like in guildwars 2

I think that wouldn't be a World vs World like GW2. But castle assault probably yes.

KeksX
04-07-2014, 01:16 AM
lol, i'm not a fan of pvp though >.<
Oh yeah, would you mind to tell me where are the safe zone and where are the war zone?

Check the maps I posted here under the PvP section:
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1804-56kphone-warning-personal-review-what-you-should-know-about-archeage/

The areas with orange/red circles around them are those PvP-Zones.

PvP is a HUGE part of the game and after level 30 you won't be able to avoid it. Get into a guild to protect you though and then it won't be half as bad for you :).

@PaPanurgle:
Sieges are not at all like WvW in terms of size and objectives. It mainly is a zergfest to kill the enemies' castle as quick as possible with tanks and constant fighting.

Vray
04-07-2014, 03:10 AM
Check the maps I posted here under the PvP section:
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1804-56kphone-warning-personal-review-what-you-should-know-about-archeage/

The areas with orange/red circles around them are those PvP-Zones.

PvP is a HUGE part of the game and after level 30 you won't be able to avoid it. Get into a guild to protect you though and then it won't be half as bad for you :).

@PaPanurgle:
Sieges are not at all like WvW in terms of size and objectives. It mainly is a zergfest to kill the enemies' castle as quick as possible with tanks and constant fighting.

Oh I see, Oh yea KeksX any differences between orange and red spot on the map?

Legion
04-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Oh I see, Oh yea KeksX any differences between orange and red spot on the map?
On red you'll get honor for PK, on orange not

PaCO
04-07-2014, 06:29 AM
I think there should not even be a war zone it should all be a war zone. You should able to get honor points anytime anywhere

Fook
04-07-2014, 11:10 AM
I think there should not even be a war zone it should all be a war zone. You should able to get honor points anytime anywhere

I semi-agree but perhaps there should be some kind of limiters for honor. For example, if you are on your home continent and kill an enemy player, you should get extra honor points as opposed to killing an enemy on their own continent.

I posted this on another thread but here is how I think it should work when it comes down to honor point values for killing in different states of conflict:

Stage 1 (1 honor point)
Stage 2 (3 honor points)
Stage 3 (5 honor points)
Stage 4 (7 honor points)
Stage 5 (10 honor points)
War (20 honor points)

The extra honor you can can be an extra 1-3 honor for killing an enemy on your home continent.

Senichiro
04-07-2014, 11:32 AM
thanks for the info !

Bee
04-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Five levels of the same thing is useless.

Make one stage instead of five Pre War and please put a timer on it.

Most of the time a zone is in the pre war stage no honor lost or won, needs to be much shorter instead of the majority of the time.

Simsu
04-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Given that the only difference between conflict (1-5) and war (6) is that you get honor (pvp currency) during war, I don't see any reason why the system needs to change.

Other than peace time and the safe zones you can attack and try to kill anyone you want whenever you want to (there are even tactics to do it near guards). Plus there are all the zones that are in constant war (oceans and the northern islands/continent). There's plenty of PvP to be had (not enough for some people I'll admit). If there's a substantial group of people who always want honor when they're PvP'ing all they need to do it stay in the areas that are always at war and there will be plenty of honor to be had.

Basically I'd like to avoid promoting "honor farming."

MacNicol1
04-08-2014, 07:43 PM
truce in golden plains is 4 hours

shadole
04-08-2014, 08:01 PM
the war system is vary waird, but its balanced. with a moment for no one to pvp, then after the peace is war time, gives time for the factions to breath and think things over before they fight.