PDA

View Full Version : Producers Update #5: Into the Holidays and Beyond!

Pages : [1] 2

FireCait
11-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Greetings Adventurers!

As we approach the Holiday season, we thought that it would be good to see what we have accomplished so far and to give you a preview of what we have coming up!

Earlier this month, we released the Auroria continent, and with it sieges. The early phases of the first sieges are now underway! Siege tokens went on the Auction House on Wednesday and guilds from all over the game get to bid for the right to siege castles in Heedmar and Nuimari and it's up to the owners of the castles to defend their territory with their best players and gear. It's exciting to watch the play-by-play and the potential power shifts in Auroria.

With the launch of Auroria, and shortly after, we have had some challenges. We worked closely with XLGAMES to resolve these bugs and connection issues; and we are happy to say that these bugs are almost behind us. An update is going out tonight and tomorrow morning that will resolve the last of the issues and APEX will be turned back on as soon as those are live.

With everything that has been going on, it's very exciting to see over two million players interacting with each other - trading, selling, cooperating, stealing and killing! In recent weeks we’ve seen more trade, more crafting, more ocean combat and more creative ways to help and hurt your fellow adventurers. We're looking forward to everyone enjoying the content that we have live now - and are planning on adding in weeks to come.

Speaking of content to come, we've got great updates coming in November and December. We also have a few more updates for the Marketplace in November - including the Farm Hauler upgrade ticket and a new mount that does somersaults.

In Early December, we’ll be rolling out our new Public Test Server (PTS) where you can check out all of the upcoming content before it launches on live. On PTS you’ll have the opportunity to auto-level up if you choose, try out the new content, and check out the new items on the Marketplace (with a special PTS-only pool of credits). We want you to let us know what you think! Your feedback on what you see on PTS – both positive and negative – will be incredibly helpful for both us and XLGAMES as we share new content with you.

With the PTS launch, you’ll get a preview of our December update. With that update, we'll bring out the Red Dragon world boss and open the Sea of Drowned Love Dungeon. We'll also turn on a couple of holiday-themed events and goodies that will be available to players - including reindeer ears, holiday themed skins for your Farm Wagons and candy cane weapons! Keep an eye on the forums and on the website (http://www.archeagegame.com) for more details on the upcoming content.

Looking past the holidays, we are targeting early next year to bring you a level cap increase. This update will allow you to level up to level 55 and gain access to all of the new skills. This update will also include a new zone with housing areas, the Library dungeon and, of course, all of the associated crafting!

There’s so much to do today and some awesome additions coming! Thank you all for your incredible passion for ArcheAge! We look forward to seeing what you do with the new content to come!

- Victoria

Preacher
11-20-2014, 05:34 PM
The game is dieing and Trion tries to get as much cash of it as possible before its dead and rush the stuff knowing it`ll have low lifespan. Library and lvl 55 are WAY to early litterally less than 3 month after release. But it seems Trion is content with it, and max estimated lifespan of the game for them is 5-6 months.

Also nice how the post completely awoided the actual reason the game is dieing - blatant exploiting, screwed up economy and absolute loss of Faith in Trion.

emeraldscar
11-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Any news on the submarine and timber coupe designs?

ImmortalPie
11-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Awesome, I can almost finally go back home :D

Looking foward to the changes, just hope this seasonal event involves something actually event like, unlike hallowtide.

Now, I must prepare, to return to the Anayad Library!

just4me
11-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Any news on the submarine and timber coupe designs?

they are in talks with XLgames...thank you for your patience... O.O

Pollux of Ollo
11-20-2014, 05:50 PM
The game is dieing and Trion tries to get as much cash of it as possible before its dead and rush the stuff knowing it`ll have low lifespan. Library and lvl 55 are WAY to early litterally less than 3 month after release. But it seems Trion is content with it, and max estimated lifespan of the game for them is 5-6 months.

Also nice how the post completely awoided the actual reason the game is dieing - blatant exploiting, screwed up economy and absolute loss of Faith in Trion.

Do not be negative. Just leave the game. We know all of these and we choose to play it and enjoy as much as possible.

Goethe
11-20-2014, 05:52 PM
What you have accomplished is a lot of rage, frustration and tears for the awesome, but deeply flawed game, I seriously doubt that they actually have 2M users, those are the same numbers they advertised when they launched.

Preacher
11-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Bots and chat spam accounts maybe.

helosie
11-20-2014, 05:56 PM
So your adding in the stuff that requires level 55 and it's skills, but without level 55.
*sigh*

Yuari
11-20-2014, 05:59 PM
a new mount that does somersaults.

NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS MOUNT.

D:
apart from the fact that it'll be on the cash shop. (or an RNG Box)
What is its model D:

Rickthorian
11-20-2014, 06:03 PM
interesting, things are going to be moving quick.

Arialun
11-20-2014, 06:04 PM
So next year we'll be getting 55 cap and content.

For some people it seems too soon or rushed, but to me it looks like Trion trying to catch up with other AA servers in terms of content updates.

As for December goodies and stuff, I do hope you don't make it too dull (I'm talking about town decorations) and too money-oriented (the best costumes only in RNG boxes) just like what you did with Hallow-tide content.

Eliandal
11-20-2014, 06:11 PM
^

Pretty much this. The sooner we're caught up with other versions, the better!

ninioautista
11-20-2014, 06:12 PM
no... the sooner you catch up the sooner you kill the content.

FireCait
11-20-2014, 06:16 PM
The Submarine and Timber Coupe are still undergoing re-balancing. We are expecting to have the Comet Speedster designs available on Mirage Island for Gilda Stars with the December update.

Stonelotus
11-20-2014, 06:20 PM
"two million players"? LOL, no.

IamMo
11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
It is getting harder and harder to keep a passion with the game. every month there is a patron issue my wife lost her status yet our card was charged. Random crashes. Cheaters not at least getting a suspension. There is a lot to enjoy still but the frustration level keep raising have seen friends that left because of the crashing issues. While 55 content might be neat shouldnt some of those issues be worked at more so there will be people left in the game to get to 55?

Arialun
11-20-2014, 06:24 PM
The Submarine and Timber Coupe are still undergoing re-balancing. We are expecting to have the Comet Speedster designs available on Mirage Island for Gilda Stars with the December update.

Hi, in your post earlier you mentioned this:

"We also have a few more updates for the Marketplace in November - including the Farm Hauler upgrade ticket and a new mount that does somersaults."

So I take it that next week is the time where the Farm Hauler will be available?

jimmy94
11-20-2014, 06:26 PM
I like how they sound like nothing serious happened and keep moving on.
Do they really think they handled the crisis well? what kind of morons are these people? what kind of moron would hire these bunch of morons?

Xollo
11-20-2014, 06:26 PM
The PTS will do nothing to help the game unless Trion/XLgames fundamentally change the way they handle feedback.

Player feedback has been ignored since alpha, see: gliders, rumbling trees, halsa, etc. etc. Trion launched the Auroria update knowing that there was a bug with hackshield under the assumption it wouldn't end up being a big deal. The bugs over the last week had all been known about for some time.

The PTS will do nothing to fix these issues without fundamental changes in the way this game is managed.

Scapes
11-20-2014, 06:28 PM
every month there is a patron issue my wife lost her status yet our card was charged. Random crashes. Cheaters not at least getting a suspension.

The Patron Time issue from this week was resolved yesterday and egregious exploiters are being removed from the game.

Crashes are often highly situational and require individual help, be sure to contact our Support Team for help: http://support.trionworlds.com

Acruxio
11-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Do not be negative. Just leave the game. We know all of these and we choose to play it and enjoy as much as possible.

As @Pollux said, just leave d game mate. If u dont like it just dont post negative comments. Every game has bugs,exploits,bots, many ppl said "plz fix all d bugs and remove all these bots" but after trion did it. as @FireCait or @Scapes said they have done many fixes but ppl just dont notice cause they all crying about a refund....all these posts about ppl asking trion fix d bugs but not even one about saying thank you trion for all ur efforts...is a game after all if u dont enjoy it so just quit and look for something else~ http://kotaku.com/decades-later-someones-discovered-a-new-super-mario-br-1591884544 yeah even this game after 30 years had bugs ^^

FireCait
11-20-2014, 06:34 PM
So I take it that next week is the time where the Farm Hauler will be available?

It'll actually be available this weekend.

IamMo
11-20-2014, 06:36 PM
The Patron Time issue from this week was resolved yesterday and egregious exploiters are being removed from the game.

Crashes are often highly situational and require individual help, be sure to contact our Support Team for help: http://support.trionworlds.com

My wife still have no patron would've contacted live chat but too late for that..

Scapes
11-20-2014, 06:40 PM
My wife still have no patron would've contacted live chat but too late for that..

If she hasn't yet, be sure to send in a help ticket to our Support Team. They'll make it right.

bwuki
11-20-2014, 06:41 PM
still less content than alpha - maybe you should open alpha forums again for people that actually know about the game to give you feedback instead of the people who take pictures of land clippers 24/7.

Xuxu
11-20-2014, 06:44 PM
it's very exciting to see over two million players interacting with each other - blaming, insulting and cheating

Speaking of content to come, we've got great updates coming in November and December. We also have a few more updates for the Marketplace in November - including more possible exploits for our beloved cheaters

Your feedback on what you see on PTS – both positive and negative – will be ignored as usual.

Keep an eye on the forums and on the website (http://www.archeagegame.com) for more details while the game is dying.

Looking past the holidays, we are targeting early next year to bring you a level cap increase. This update will allow you to level up to level 55 and gain access to all of the new skills. This update will also include a new zone with housing areas, the Library dungeon and, of course, tons of brainless grinding!

There’s so much to do today and so much we will ignore furthermore! Thank you all for your money we get for this broken game with name ArcheAge! We look forward to seeing what kind of exploits you do with the new content to come!

- Victoria

fixed it for you

jimmy94
11-20-2014, 06:46 PM
If she hasn't yet, be sure to send in a help ticket to our Support Team. They'll make it right.

you only care about whether players subscribing patron or buy credits. All your replies were towards these 'patron' 'credit purchase'. All other issues, exploiters get unbanned with tons of gold, land grabbing hack etc. - no explanation from trion, no reply like it is not a big issue but cannot purchase patron is like super important? And you guys just release more contents so that players would forget about the mistakes you have made? what a rubbish.

Preacher
11-20-2014, 06:49 PM
You are clueless. I pity you. Mail.ru AA release was failed as disaster, but its nothing compared to severity of what we expirienced with Trion here. The game IS dead, since cheating and exploiting and bots already ruined an economy and at this point there is no way to ever fix it. Just past week 3 major guilds quit my server (with their farewell topics being deleted from the forums and guild leaders posting it banned from forums) and online overall (one of most active EU servers) seems dead drop. Others asking why they should continue playing the game since there is no good prospects for the future whatsoever. The last card in the sleeve Trion had was lvl55 and they use it now asap trying to keep people playing not understanding that at this moment it will only further ruin the game.

Sure, i can stop whining and quit, so can my guild - and you`d have one less of major pvp guilds on server created for pvp with many others already quite and others quiting since no competition and anything to do.

People were excited for this game, prepared through KR, played at RU AA, beta tested and wished to remain here for years. All futile. I love the game and i`d love it to be main game for YEARS as was stated, but so far its been disaster through disaster. The game could be renamed to betting sim of "Trions Next ♥♥♥♥ Up 2014".

And this Dev update, in face of most major AA crisis so far (which is just an icing on a cake of every previous one really), is but an insult. And to top that, releasing lvl55 update 3-4 months after release and 1-2 months after Auroria opening indicates they have absolutely no clue about the game they publish and will continue doing same mistakes over and over, same as with hasla T3.

If you are casual player that just logs into AA to plant some things and sail around for 10 minutes for fun on F2P account, sure you`ll might have some fun. For all other purposes - the game is dead. Let alone the disaster of headstart, auroria failures at NA, botting, blatant 3rd party hacking and worst than all regions Marketplace policies and game support - the revelation of the gamebreaking economy exploits existing for MONTHS, nominal suspending people with not nearly (but it`s already impossible at this point) fixing impact on economy, rumbling tree, hasla t3 release, resulting population drop because of all above and other stuff i could list for pages - makes the game dead as what it was designed to be and attracted most people and guilds for: competitive sandbox with good economy, pvp and warfare.

At this point no effort they`ll make will really "save" the game, but least they could have tried to save face somehow, but it seems the only thing to expect is what will be the next ♥♥♥♥ up (also its pretty clear after this letter).

The only way to somewhat salvage this wreck would be doing like Final Fantasy XIV - taking it down and relaunching.

kaoti
11-20-2014, 06:50 PM
So you guys are still staying the course with your 2 month inbetween meaningful content patch schedule even though you are bleeding players are at ridiculously large rate due primarily to your poor decision making skills? Red dragon, forbidden love, and lvl 55 are things that should have been in the game 3 months ago. We are now over a year behind the korean version. Just how much patience do you think people have? So that means, what exactly? 1.7 next july? Are you kidding me?

jeffbenefiel
11-20-2014, 06:51 PM
(sigh) Still no Submarine? I'd take the nerfed version at this point, it's the one toy I wanted to play with :(

Isakura
11-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Any news on when land expansion certs will be available? And please return the Blue Salt alchemy quests. I do miss the outfit from alpha. ;_;

Larcen
11-20-2014, 06:58 PM
What about those who have been wrongfully banned this week still waiting to hear from anyone on a resolution? I didn't see an update on that...

[Incident: Ticket 141119-000365]

Delrakin
11-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Any news on when land expansion certs will be available? And please return the Blue Salt alchemy quests. I do miss the outfit from alpha. ;_;

I second this request....please keep quoting this to get a reply. If it is not coming in, please put it in :) (Too late, I know)

Kaosfury
11-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Nice to hear some upcomming holiday cheer

Arialun
11-20-2014, 07:07 PM

I see. Thanks for the info.

NuncaGanoElQuini6
11-20-2014, 07:09 PM
I wonder how many exploit will be there in patch 1.7!!!. New boss exploitables dungeons, and off course, more p2w items in marketplace!!!. Enjoooyyyyyyy

Schnee

So, is it correct to say that Submarine is not coming in December? I'm saving mats for it, just wanted to know if I need to hurry or not

Preacher
So you guys are still staying the course with your 2 month inbetween meaningful content patch schedule even though you are bleeding players are at ridiculously large rate due primarily to your poor decision making skills? Red dragon, forbidden love, and lvl 55 are things that should have been in the game 3 months ago. We are now over a year behind the korean version. Just how much patience do you think people have? So that means, what exactly? 1.7 next july? Are you kidding me?
Maximum facepalm. The game is not intended, not designed, should not be korean version of the game, since it does not exist here for 2 years. Anyone demanding 1.7 content now really has no idea.

The best Archeage playing expirience was pre 1.0. Trion Already launched with worse version, so you could not expirience how game used to be, but even that aside - lots of major problems so far were caused by the fact that the content introduced was NOT designed for young state of the game. You cant just release AA with all content, auroria, lvl 55 and stuff open on day one.

The game is designed as sandbox where servers gradually mature and develop and content is added when servers reach specific level of maturity (in Korea changes were made over long period overtime, in other releases added as server population gears up, gets used to existing content and progression).

For instance the horrible archeum drop rate was bad thing from 1.2 patch that made sense in Korea, but did not here (still was not fixed properly by Trion). Similarly Rumbling Archeum trees were added in Korea to let people catch up and covere the demand for new recipes. Hasla weapons are means for people to catch up with old players that already had their high tier crafted gear. Fishing at state added to the game, was a negative factor too not for the state of economy at that point. And list goes on.

They did right decision (adapted in all AA release) to have Auroria release after period of time so that servers mature. They ♥♥♥♥ed up with hasla, fishing, handling bots and exploits, marketplace etc.

Jake Songs vision for AA is gradual development of the world. In future with more addes territories in Auroria, new races, new sandbox content etc. The keyworld "sandbox" and "gradual". You cant just "patch world to the latest state". It has to "grow" to it.

Now with Auroria added, starts period of sieging. Sieges being pretty much once a month and majority of servers population still running in GHA/quest/illustrous gear, introducing Library (which with lvl55 DRASTICALLY changes economy, class mechanics, pvp and itemization) where there`ll be 2-3 Siege since Auroria max is the definition of "rushing it". But seems they dont learn. Last time community pointed them obvious mistake with releasing Hasla T3, it was ignored totally (despite earlier promises they`ll not do it).

The game is designed to be a developing worlds progressing for years. Their current plan, they`ll probably start merging or shut down servers mid spring or something.

If you want "content", ask them to hire actual stuff and do some proper regular events like other AA publishers do. But guess thats too much for Trion too.

kaoti
11-20-2014, 07:12 PM
tldr.

you need this.

AnnihilNATE
11-20-2014, 07:12 PM
still less content than alpha - maybe you should open alpha forums again for people that actually know about the game to give you feedback instead of the people who take pictures of land clippers 24/7.

10 charcaters

jimmy94
11-20-2014, 07:15 PM
you need this.

and thats why you are ignorant

kaoti
11-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Give us all of 1.2's content so at the very least the core of the game isn't broken. Stop stringing us along.

kaoti
11-20-2014, 07:16 PM
and thats why you are ignorant
I don't think he needs an internet white knight to defend him. Or are you sock puppeting?

Pomponella
11-20-2014, 07:21 PM
producer: With everything that has been going on, it's very exciting to see over two million players interacting with each other - trading, selling, cooperating, stealing and killing!

lol ^^

FaireCait, common, we are all cool and like to play this game, mayeb try join us without marketing rubbish;) anyhow gl :)

jimmy94
11-20-2014, 07:22 PM
I don't think he needs an internet white knight to defend him. Or are you sock puppeting?

i don't have to. you clearly don't understand the game development. catch up with korean version? Having ignorant players like you, I see now why Trion never worries about the game will be dead.

edit: read more please.

FireCait
So, is it correct to say that Submarine is not coming in December? I'm saving mats for it, just wanted to know if I need to hurry or not

The Submarine is not on the list of things that we currently are expecting for December. That said .. we don't have the update finalized yet. We're expecting to get the final details in early December.

squidgod2000

How about the Land Expansion Certificate?

Kerpal
11-20-2014, 07:29 PM
This Producer Update must be a Joke.

As we approach the Holiday season, we thought that it would be good to see what we have accomplished so far and to give you a preview of what we have coming up!

What you guys accomplished are two things destorying a game after only 2 Months and destoying your reputation as a Publisher.

And we all know what is coming up.... updates with half of the content that is normaly in and more milking customers in the marketplace.

And lvl 55 Cap already early next year hahahahahahhaa

Rhime
11-20-2014, 07:30 PM

Oh great "Wise One"..please show us your reasoning and proof on why the game is dieing...We can't wait.

Dean98
11-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Jesus, they're acting like nothing is wrong - what the ♥♥♥♥ is wrong with the people at Trion? Seriously. They must know that avoiding issues and barely acknowledging it is just pissing everyone off; no company can be this ******ed unless there's an ulterior motive afoot.

Edit: So, "♥♥♥♥", is ok to not be censored, but me saying the word beginning with "r" for a mentally challenged person is bad and needs censored - wut?

Vulcan1
11-20-2014, 07:33 PM
to see over two million players interacting with each other

LMAO you guys f***in wish! two million accounts maybe but if there is 200k people playing this game I would be surprised.

Aros
11-20-2014, 07:34 PM
TL;DR

"We are adding more ♥♥♥♥ in the marketplace, please buy"

-What about the game?

"Derp"

TheChoi
11-20-2014, 07:35 PM
The Comet Speedster is also a gilda car now.. Please tell me this is a joke, because now I'm almost certain I won't get the gilda or the gold required to buy a car design from someone. I've been farming all my mats and saving my vocation so I had the 150k... Now I don't need the 150k vocation I've put back? I seriously hope you guys plan on putting the design for a car (same mats and equally as great) on the marketplace if you're not going to do vocation. Two gilda cars is kinda upsetting.

squidgod2000
11-20-2014, 07:35 PM
And lvl 55 Cap already early next year hahahahahahhaa

They're trying to get the game in line with the other regions as quickly as they can.

Kerpal
11-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Fishing Bug still not gets fixed i bet.

catzilla
11-20-2014, 07:36 PM
well at lease all the hate and fuss, she translated into PASSION,Which is true there is a lot of passion for this game is why everyone got so MAD
I really hope I can get my passion back :(

Delrakin
11-20-2014, 07:37 PM
How about the Land Expansion Certificate?

Can we please have this? I see no reason not to have it.

Tardacus
11-20-2014, 07:39 PM
LMAO you guys f***in wish! two million accounts maybe but if there is 200k people playing this game I would be surprised.

i know, right..it`s rather insulting to ones intelligence when they say things like that, they truly must believe that we are complete idiots.

Grailer
11-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Jesus, they're acting like nothing is wrong - what the ♥♥♥♥ is wrong with the people at Trion? Seriously. They must know that avoiding issues and barely acknowledging it is just pissing everyone off; no company can be this ******ed unless there's an ulterior motive afoot.

Edit: So, "♥♥♥♥", is ok to not be censored, but me saying the word beginning with "r" for a mentally challenged person is bad and needs censored - wut?

No they are ignoring negative trolls like yourself
you bring nothing positive to forums .

kaoti
11-20-2014, 07:44 PM

why does it take 4 months to rebalanced 1 item?

Pomponella
11-20-2014, 07:45 PM

well your comment isnt positive neither, try again with a bit more effort pls ;)

jimmy94
11-20-2014, 07:45 PM
I have never seen a producer's update can be so ♥♥♥♥ed up with almost everyone teasing at you and the most amazing part is that they act like nothing ever happened. With staffs like these, I don't know who else could beat EA Games for the worst company except Trion. Well done!

NuncaGanoElQuini6
11-20-2014, 07:47 PM
I have never seen a producer's update can be so ♥♥♥♥ed up with almost everyone teasing at you and the most amazing part is that they act like nothing ever happened. With staffs like these, I don't know who else could beat EA Games for the worst company except Trion. Well done!

what do u want??, they have a product to sell!.....like an used car.

Hartsia
11-20-2014, 07:47 PM
nothing else to say., that when i started on janudar the same day it launched, with 6 of my irl friends, it was soo fun, i finally found a new mmorg thats worth playin, and we got tons of good memories,and good times toghter playing. now 2 months after, im the only one left, and it makes me feel sick and sad logging in. whats to keep me in game anymore...

Tardacus
11-20-2014, 07:48 PM

submarines are very complicated, they have torpedos, ICBM`s, and cruise missiles, all those things need to be properly balanced.
Will their be a LCS class anti submarine surface vessel introduced to counter the submarine?
How about a F-117 stealth glider!
Heck lets just go full call of duty and give everyone a machine gun, some grenades and a tank! SWEEEEET!

Jahosefat
11-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Biggest bunch of BS I have ever seen. keep acting like everything is OK. You have Founders and people who purchased credits who you obviously bait ans switched, you have exploits, pay to win market boxes with TS trees that just ruin the game. Now you want to talk like you have been doing so much and you have 2 million players playing and happy. Hate to break it to you but at least half of those are bots.

this game is going down the tubes and you talk about how exciting the future is?

Orth
11-20-2014, 07:53 PM
I was going to write a long reply! Bottom line is I have a great time in this game, I see it will have a long future. It does need a few things fixed that will come. Dont like it Leave I hear WOW just launched a new expansion go play it!

WestCoaster
11-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Someone should re-post that Archeage in a nutshell thread in here as to "what we accomplished so far" because that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell

Malpherian
11-20-2014, 07:56 PM
~ Victoria. I am curious if Trion plans of fixing the real issue. Land.. theres not enough of it, we need 10x what is currently available. Patrons sub specifically to own land. When we find we can't own it because there is none available. We unsub. It's as simple as that.

Level 55 and new dungeons are nice, but how about fixing the real issue which directly effects your companies wallet first?

~Mal

kaoti
11-20-2014, 07:58 PM
They're trying to get the game in line with the other regions as quickly as they can.
your sarcasm is not appreciated.

Soronir
11-20-2014, 08:00 PM
I've been working hard to get a car and I have all of the materials I need except the design. I should have 150,000 vocation badges within a week. The wait on the Timber Coupe has me concerned, I wonder how long it will really take. Can you guys not just release it and then tweak them later? I don't see why they have to be removed. Any idea on how long I'd have to wait for the coupe?

drunkpunk
11-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Game is boring, there is only 2 instances for endgamers in few months of playing i was in howling abyss few times, impossible to find party, all i do is dailies and shouting to find party and bashing dummy afk when bored to shout :D, im not peasant so no clue what to do here except dailies and dungeons,trade runs not for me, boredom, fishing is neverending shouting for group also, faction ballance is unplayable in shatigon server, nuian faction there is like 10 vs 1 so its a waste of time to fight them ,in this server should have restriction , so ppl can join only faction with less ppl, difference is huge, no one like to play monkeys and asians thats why, auroria sux, was once there and not going anymore i not enjoy pvp without profit and reason ,sieges are for few guilds only so its not for everyone, fail again, farms are for those who want 2nd job, boring and repetetive, its like web farming games settlers online and facebook farmville ,helloween was joke event, i not believe cristmas event will be better :D, waiting when other mmorpgs coming, i not feel any changes here, staff is very bad, crowds of bots, spammers, russian scammers/cheaters,beggars, paradise for criminals.

P.S.
Servers should be named like ENG,FR,GER , i waiting patch when we can change server, hard to play with analphabets and game should have translator for stupid people.

137mb update without patch notes, countless fails.

squidgod2000
11-20-2014, 08:06 PM
nothing else to say., that when i started on janudar the same day it launched, with 6 of my irl friends, it was soo fun, i finally found a new mmorg thats worth playin, and we got tons of good memories,and good times toghter playing. now 2 months after, im the only one left, and it makes me feel sick and sad logging in. whats to keep me in game anymore...

To be fair, you could say that about most MMOs these days--especially F2P ones.

Personally, I plan to renew my ESO sub tomorrow. It may not be the greatest MMO I've ever played, but it's sub-based, has (essentially) no cash shop and it's getting regular, sizable content updates.

Daucus
11-20-2014, 08:08 PM
We also have a few more updates for the Marketplace in November - including the Farm Hauler upgrade ticket and a new mount that does somersaults.
Oh man, more P2W?
That's just what I wanted, thanks Trion!

Pomponella
11-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Game is boring ..... russian scammers/cheaters, paradise for criminals

try read a good book, will help alot to evolve yourselve :/

kaoti
11-20-2014, 08:11 PM
To be fair, you could say that about most MMOs these days--especially F2P ones.

Personally, I plan to renew my ESO sub tomorrow. It may not be the greatest MMO I've ever played, but it's sub-based, has (essentially) no cash shop and it's getting regular, sizable content updates.

No, you can't. I came from a chinese f2p game, and theres nonstop content all day long. 10 different dungeons, multiple world bosses and raids, daily/weekly/monthly tourneyments.

Its clear archeage is suppose to be a 'make your own content' game but we dont get any tools to do so. Trion sitting on content for half a year isnt helping.

Trion removed chucks of gameplay and is reintroducing them as if they were independtly developed content/expansions. It's dishonest and insufficient for what most people desire.

MystiqueAngel
11-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Greetings Adventurers!

Earlier this month, we released the Auroria continent, and with it sieges. The early phases of the first sieges are now underway! Siege tokens went on the Auction House on Wednesday and guilds from all over the game get to bid for the right to siege castles in Heedmar and Nuimari and it's up to the owners of the castles to defend their territory with their best players and gear. It's exciting to watch the play-by-play and the potential power shifts in Auroria.

With the launch of Auroria, and shortly after, we have had some challenges. We worked closely with XLGAMES to resolve these bugs and connection issues; and we are happy to say that these bugs are almost behind us. An update is going out tonight and tomorrow morning that will resolve the last of the issues and APEX will be turned back on as soon as those are live.

With everything that has been going on, it's very exciting to see over two million players interacting with each other - trading, selling, cooperating, stealing and killing! In recent weeks we’ve seen more trade, more crafting, more ocean combat and more creative ways to help and hurt your fellow adventurers. We're looking forward to everyone enjoying the content that we have live now - and are planning on adding in weeks to come.

Speaking of content to come, we've got great updates coming in November and December. We also have a few more updates for the Marketplace in November - including the Farm Hauler upgrade ticket and a new mount that does somersaults.

In Early December, we’ll be rolling out our new Public Test Server (PTS) where you can check out all of the upcoming content before it launches on live. On PTS you’ll have the opportunity to auto-level up if you choose, try out the new content, and check out the new items on the Marketplace (with a special PTS-only pool of credits). We want you to let us know what you think! Your feedback on what you see on PTS – both positive and negative – will be incredibly helpful for both us and XLGAMES as we share new content with you.

With the PTS launch, you’ll get a preview of our December update. With that update, we'll bring out the Red Dragon world boss and open the Sea of Drowned Love Dungeon. We'll also turn on a couple of holiday-themed events and goodies that will be available to players - including reindeer ears, holiday themed skins for your Farm Wagons and candy cane weapons! Keep an eye on the forums and on the website (http://www.archeagegame.com) for more details on the upcoming content.

Looking past the holidays, we are targeting early next year to bring you a level cap increase. This update will allow you to level up to level 55 and gain access to all of the new skills. This update will also include a new zone with housing areas, the Library dungeon and, of course, all of the associated crafting!

There’s so much to do today and some awesome additions coming! Thank you all for your incredible passion for ArcheAge! We look forward to seeing what you do with the new content to come!

- Victoria

Victoria... a part caught my attention <3 Farm Hauler upgrade...Does this mean you'll include the vehicle upgrade as well?!?

drunkpunk
11-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Servers up!

Schnee
11-20-2014, 08:22 PM
The Submarine is not on the list of things that we currently are expecting for December. That said .. we don't have the update finalized yet. We're expecting to get the final details in early December.

Alright, thanks and looking forward to it :)

Rhime
11-20-2014, 08:28 PM

They can't bring anything positive..most of them have already been banned or quit.

Rhime
11-20-2014, 08:32 PM
submarines are very complicated, they have torpedos, ICBM`s, and cruise missiles, all those things need to be properly balanced.
Will their be a LCS class anti submarine surface vessel introduced to counter the submarine?
How about a F-117 stealth glider!
Heck lets just go full call of duty and give everyone a machine gun, some grenades and a tank! SWEEEEET!

LOL..you peeps are so ♥♥♥♥ed up! In another thread regarding incoming skateboards, there was so much gimme, gimme and here you are making fun of those exact things..go figure.

Motokosworld
11-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Do it like the GW2 updates. Let the "Patch notes" direct to the last big update and add a new post with the small changes from the last patch. Thats an easy system.

I postet something about landplace here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?125504-House-placing-system&p=1178767#post1178767

Update my thoughts about the lack of land now:
Easy to make but big improvement!!!
A garden each player and a house as limit, would help and stop that stupid land selling.
Or maybe each account on each server one land and one house as limit.

Whirlwind
11-20-2014, 08:38 PM

- Victoria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Kirby
11-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Why are you removing the ability to obtain a car design with honor? I assume the timber coupe will also not be available for vocation but a 3rd gilda car instead?

Rhime
11-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Game is boring, there is only 2 instances for endgamers in few months of playing i was in howling abyss few times, impossible to find party, all i do is dailies and shouting to find party and bashing dummy afk when bored to shout :D, im not peasant so no clue what to do here except dailies and dungeons,trade runs not for me, boredom, fishing is neverending shouting for group also, faction ballance is unplayable in shatigon server, nuian faction there is like 10 vs 1 so its a waste of time to fight them ,in this server should have restriction , so ppl can join only faction with less ppl, difference is huge, no one like to play monkeys and asians thats why, auroria sux, was once there and not going anymore i not enjoy pvp without profit and reason ,sieges are for few guilds only so its not for everyone, fail again, farms are for those who want 2nd job, boring and repetetive, its like web farming games settlers online and facebook farmville ,helloween was joke event, i not believe cristmas event will be better :D, waiting when other mmorpgs coming, i not feel any changes here, staff is very bad, crowds of bots, spammers, russian scammers/cheaters,beggars, paradise for criminals.

P.S.
Servers should be named like ENG,FR,GER , i waiting patch when we can change server, hard to play with analphabets and game should have translator for stupid people.

137mb update without patch notes, countless fails.

Omg, you really are drunk.

Vocals
11-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Greetings Adventurers!

- Victoria

YES!!! I still have faith!! Lets go!! Fighting!
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/GIFs/SNSD/a37e7255.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/bekkiglittz/media/GIFs/SNSD/a37e7255.gif.html)

jeffbenefiel
11-20-2014, 08:50 PM
~ Victoria. I am curious if Trion plans of fixing the real issue. Land.. theres not enough of it, we need 10x what is currently available. Patrons sub specifically to own land. When we find we can't own it because there is none available. We unsub. It's as simple as that.

Level 55 and new dungeons are nice, but how about fixing the real issue which directly effects your companies wallet first?

~Mal

Yup, there should have been a land ownership cap per Server. The labor potions mitigate having to spend all that labor/money on taxes, but apparently not enough. There's a simple solution to the land problem, double the tax rate, I bet you see plenty of land open up then and all the land hacks become worthless expenditures ;)

Alderez
11-20-2014, 08:55 PM
While the community is still toxic, I'll post something positive ("Witch! Kill it!").

The public test server should be a great bridge between developer and player, and gives a solid platform for player feedback and encourages constructive criticism unlike the forums. I look forward to this, and hopefully the community comes together and starts enjoying the game. I know I am.

jeffbenefiel
11-20-2014, 09:08 PM

A very good question indeed. I'm sure the line from XL to Trion is something like "this isn't our top priority for our development team, we'll let you know when it's done", which could be never, or maybe December.

daddy1986
11-20-2014, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

thank you for making me lol i needed that after reading that official statement

AfroJimbo
11-20-2014, 09:52 PM
How are you qualifying players to include in your two million total? What is the criteria for that amount?

daddy1986
11-20-2014, 10:04 PM
i know you don't reply to anything basicly remotly negative in this forum or anywhere for that matter but i know you do read and even though i am boiling with anger about not just this announcement but all the problems this game allready has had and still has since launch ill try to be as civil as i possibly can in my state!

i haven't played alpha and maybe that is a good thing because i heard it was quite nice back then. i enjoyed the start of this game, it was busy as with every launch, this game was hyped alot by youtubers etc and not a single one of those is still bringing out videos for this game and their last video always had the title 'why i quit AA'.
Back then it wasnt about your screw-ups it was about you turning into a moneygrabbing no effort donedeal company and they all said that in one way or another.

The thing that brings out the worst in this AAcommunity is not the exploits, or the goldspammers, or content or anything gamerelated its your HUGE disrespect for the player community itself and the serious lack of transperency and blatent lying you do to us! Things add up and now every misstep you make no matter how small is put under a microscope!

The 2 million accounts you are talking about are not actual players and you know it! and i don't have to explain how you got that number in the first place! my server, Melisera (EU) goes more quiet every week, alot of people came back when auroria came out but the delay and major screw-up on your part cost you more players then that came back.
Auroria is boring, owning land there is worthless atm since there is not alot over there in order to make it worthwile to have land there in the first place.

And don't even get me started about your banwave that you did and still do where you ban players who have done absolutly nothing wrong but yet you don't care and always send them a link that leads to a customer support which is way undermanned and doesn't seem to have the time to really investigate a case!!!!@!

The open sea used to be exiting and fun, now they are dull and empty, every school of fish has 10+ fishing boats because of your rumbling tree cashgrab and lets not forget about the 500+ people that exploited like hell to regrade their weapons and apex and more! This was reported to you shortly after the game launched and you did nothing with it until the small group that knew about it leaked a post+ video about it and more people started using it and you realised you were losing money.
My problem with this isn't the fact you didn't respond in time, my problem is that you didnt respond to it until you realised you were missing out on extra money!!!

It was said rumbling trees were introduced to make up for the lack of archeum on the market so why was this made a market item instead of a grind item? or a gilda item? Didnt you say that nothing gamebreaking would be in the marketplace that a free player could not obtain or do you defend that by saying it can be bought on the AH from other players?!

You have a great game here, and this is my first experience with your company and i can say it is the worst one so far and you are making SOE look like a charity organisation!
I think the only reason people are still here and logging in is because of the people they play with and the quality and potential of the game itself but the only content you seem to be interested in is the one that makes money, and the content that is free like auroria is so skinny and lean that after being there just a few times i dont like it anymore, other players think the same so they leave it too making it an empty wasteland with just a few grinders trying to get gear, mineral water is pointless apart for the burning trees since the archeum drops are just a blatent insult to us players!

There have been alot of people in this community suggesting you a great deal of good ideas on what to do and how to do it and imo you are ignoring it because it will not make you enough money or because you would actually have to get of your chair to get it to work!
I understand that reading this forum can't be fun for you eighter and it always brings me down reading these forums, even the good games with decent companies have alot of raging kids screaming for candy but in this game i actually agree with them on alot of things!

So here we are 3 months after launch, faith in your company destroyed, a dwindling playerbase and then you make a post of how amazing everything is!
I have only touched the very top of the problems in this post because if i would elaborate further i would hurt the readers eyes! (i probaply allready am)

If ONLY you would be more transperent about your decision or explaining the LACK OF! it would appease alot of us but you refuse or simply ignore as always!
Even your server announcements today on our server of scheduled maintenance didnt arrive until 17 MINUTES before and so did the forumpost in regards to the downtime!
I MEAN WTF!

I will stop writing now because the urge to use the F word in every sentence is becoming to tempting.

I am a very patient man but every man has its limit and you are getting very very close to mine which is impressive!

regards,

a soon to resign if nothing changes PLAYER!

Odic
11-20-2014, 11:18 PM
Oh nice aleast updates is coming at corner, but i want know something... you guys will add some gear with SPIRIT and weapon with HEALING POWER in thise updates?

Odic
11-20-2014, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=kaoti;1183178]No, you can't. I came from a chinese f2p game, and theres nonstop content all day long. 10 different dungeons, multiple world bosses and raids, daily/weekly/monthly tourneyments.

really? tell me name from those dungeons or post some video because i think AA will be lack in PVE always..

Neoxide
11-21-2014, 12:52 AM
All I really care about is the level 55 cap and content that comes with it. more than 50% of my guild has quit because of Auroria and the many other blunders so new dungeons including Serpentis aren't an option anymore when we can't even muster 10 players for what used to be a 40 player guild raid. I've never seen such a mass exodus from a sinking ship of a video game as this one. You really screwed up big time Trion, and I, including dozens of my semi-active guildmates won't be paying you a dime until you show some competency in managing what should have been a great game. You can cash grab all you like but it won't amount to much when your core is literally boycotting your marketplace.

To start with, you must buff the droprates of archeum trees to make Auroria at least slightly important. Also a suggestion is to enable war in the zone for honor accumulation to make it worth PvPing at. All I do now is gank people in Ynestere and play vanilla content because Auroria is such a disappointment.

jimmy94
11-21-2014, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=kaoti;1183178]No, you can't. I came from a chinese f2p game, and theres nonstop content all day long. 10 different dungeons, multiple world bosses and raids, daily/weekly/monthly tourneyments.

really? tell me name from those dungeons or post some video because i think AA will be lack in PVE always..

there is never a real f2p chinese mmo. You'd have to purchase all those enhancements from cash store in order to gear up/pot to do dungeons, world bosses etc. And some chinese players they don't even care about the gameplay, P2W is always their motto. The frequent content releases = not enough money, we need more. do you want that in AA? lol we are already in a pretty bad situation.

Trippyme
11-21-2014, 01:18 AM
How are you qualifying players to include in your two million total? What is the criteria for that amount?

I think they included Mr qrrxxzz, Mr asssasssaaxx and Mrs zzzxxxzzzq

Lanfear
11-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Hello FireCait,

including the Farm Hauler upgrade ticket and a new mount that does somersaults.

Could you please say us when will the Gazeboo farm ticket be available ? I've been booking a 24x24 plot with my 16x16 since launch and it's kinda annoying now to be still waiting for it. Just add the ticket to the cash shop already :/ ... I have to regularly decline requests asking me to move my land and so it makes bad relationship with my neighbors...

Regards,
- Lanfear.

Secundus
11-21-2014, 02:10 AM
No, you can't. I came from a chinese f2p game, and theres nonstop content all day long. 10 different dungeons, multiple world bosses and raids, daily/weekly/monthly tourneyments.

Its clear archeage is suppose to be a 'make your own content' game but we dont get any tools to do so. Trion sitting on content for half a year isnt helping.

Trion removed chucks of gameplay and is reintroducing them as if they were independtly developed content/expansions. It's dishonest and insufficient for what most people desire.

Here's why your chinese F2P gets so much stuff. Granted it's a bit long-ish and from 2012 but still relevant for chinese market I think.

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016417/-100-000-Whales-An

Knife
11-21-2014, 02:10 AM

It's hard for me to reply to not sound like a white knight or carebear or w/e.

I have a simple point: Sure, the game was out in Korea for years now, so it should have less bugs. Seeing that we had that Apex exploit the Koreans either ignored it or didn't realize it (unlikely).
I am Austrian, and we Austrians are kinda: meh, whatever, do what you want and i don't care. This surely is one of the reasons I still enjoy the game.
The 55 cap is something I really am looking forward to. If a student like me could reach 50 in 1 1/2 months, it's not impossible. Simply said, the 55 cap will get me back into a bit of questing and away from the crafting, so I can finally get some labor back.

Tbh, if I would be a publisher, I would do it like Trion (regarding updates). A lot of players are leaving the game, so let's give the game a new update with new mobs, a new cap, etc. Maybe the ones that left come back again and begin to enjoy the game once more.

ieJkee
11-21-2014, 02:39 AM
nice nice. who dont understand we should wait for ayanad 2 months more.

RIP archeage

kiukiu
11-21-2014, 03:13 AM
funny, they introduce stuff that was supposed to come with 1.2, while 1.7 is purely cosmetical patch...

greed always wins:

1: normalizing mounts - make all mounts same speed, basically "dont grind 50k honor for best possible pet, we will nerf it, buy mirage snowlion for ~1400 credits".
2: normalizing costumes - make all costumes worthless "dont craft 50k proficiency costumes that have an impact on your character, we remove the starts, buy cosmetical costumes that we offer for credits"
3: normalizing gliders - nerfing them "dont craft best skill/stat gliders that require 100 glowing prisms, we nerf gliders, buy the ones we offer in cash shop"

We never asked for these changes, you decided it for "our own good" on your own.
greed always wins.

dieTechnik
11-21-2014, 03:28 AM
What about Pirate-content FireCait. Can you please say some words about us.

-Do we get a fish-stand on growlgate? Yes/No. When?
-Do we get a gold-traider on growlgate? Yes/No. When?
-A short statement maybe about your plans with us in the future?

minipirtex2
11-21-2014, 03:53 AM

Yeah archeage is just about to die and they are goan flood the stores with as much pay to win things as they can just watch soon you will have to waste $100 to get 1 set of armor

Joykiller
11-21-2014, 04:04 AM
Here to spoil your fun: http://mmomounts.com/archeage-mounts - INC Dolphin Cash shop, marketplace box chance like Racing zebra!

NiburuSUN
11-21-2014, 04:17 AM
50% of this developer update was about marketplace updates. the other 20% about past major issues and the other 30% about content that is coming which is already 1 year old or older in other regions.

You cant fool anyone with your missmangement.

Btw how is Boarderless Windwed mode and interted mouse doing that should come short after release, as a marketplace item maybe ?

Geno
11-21-2014, 04:27 AM

This is wrong. The webpage tells my I have 30 days but I have no patron ingame. Unable to pay taxes now, and even worse labor out the window....

kinggottkaiser
11-21-2014, 04:36 AM
People QQing about everything...content comes late ppl QQ ..content come soon people QQ. Hell, people even QQ if patches happen because they lose tradepacks (lol 100gold) ..would you honestly prefer no patches and leave the game like it is?
Maybe a little more "play the game" and less QQ.
There is not a single mmo without problems in the first year. Even wow after 10 years has not enough server capacity to let everyone in and ppl QQ because 7hrs queue.
Tbh i think AA had a very good launch compared to other mmo.
Nothing that happened impacted my game at all..
But it will be always like that..ppl QQ even if they get something awesome for free. (AA is for free...youre not forced to pay anything).

Whiners make me sick and i hope you all leave the game so i can play with people who are actually awesome and not such crybabies.

Koga
11-21-2014, 05:12 AM
Will the Obsidian weapons be coming with the next update this December, or will it be with the 1.7 Lv55 update?

nito99
11-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Will the Obsidian weapons be coming with the next update this December, or will it be with the 1.7 Lv55 update?

probably with the 55 update... no love for hybrids... aww....

Klertahn
11-21-2014, 06:25 AM
I think by now we are all familiar with the general difficulties encountered by the majority through the course of this game. If you are here reading this, chances are that those frustrations were not enough to send you packing. So why should you leave now? There is always an opportunity for betterment in anything.

That said, I do recognize that perhaps Trion went about the process a bit incorrectly. First, Beta and Alpha were open at the same time, functioned much like EU and NA do now, instead of being separate versions of the game. Second, there was no in-game bug reporting system. The main reason for an Alpha and Beta version is so that the players can report bugs, but if there is no way for them to easily do that then what point is there in that? There should also be a quick way to post a support ticket from within the game, but that is neither here nor there.

First version of the game should have just stuck with Alpha, and had a very small community of players. Perhaps just the Dev staff and a few other trusted employees. Then, once they ironed out the major bugs that impacted gameplay the most, and perhaps the most obvious and prevalent ones as well, then it would have been time to head into Closed Beta with a larger player base. These players would have been invitees, like they actually did, and their job would be to play and report any bugs they saw via the in-game bug report option. Then the devs would try to fix the bugs as they occur. Only after they had fixed all the bugs the player base had discovered, without creating new ones, would they head into Open Beta. The purpose of Open Beta would be to see if their servers would hold up under the increased load, and if further bugs may in fact appear due to the increased number of users. If more fixes are necessary due to the increased number of players, they could then make the necessary changes before the game ever launched.

My understanding is that Alpha generally lasts a few months, since devs tend to work rather quickly, and Closed Beta tends to last a couple of years. Open Beta, on the other hand, only tends to last a couple of weeks to a month, since by then all they really need to do is iron out a few things, and make sure the servers can handle the load.

Now, for launch. I don't know how other games do it, since I don't pay attention to test servers. I just know that typically games tend to have them. However, the way I would do it is release the test server first, before launching the game at head start, to make sure everything was actually working the way I expected it to. If so, then, and only then, would I go through to launch, and Head Start. I would then put forth all future planned updates on the test server first before going live with them, to make sure they don't create more problems than they fix. However, if a server crashed or something like that, I'd have to fix it somehow either way.

Botters, scammers, language and languages. First, botters which bot by breaking the eula. I would have cracked down on both them, and the gold scammers and spammers from the beginning. I would have made it possible to report a person via an option in the mail they sent to someone, or by right clicking them or their name in chat. That way, if someone sees someone botting or gold scamming/spamming, they can easily and immediately report it. That would help Trion keep track of all such people. And when banning these people, I wouldn't do it on an account by account basis. I'd do it by IP address, email address, and any other information they used to register their account to make sure they can't create a new account. By language I am referring to the filter and the way it seems to filter out the wrong words, as well as the fact that throughout the game I still spot a few misspelled words. Trion should allow for easy reporting of the misspelled words, and fix the profanity filter so that it actually filters out the profanity instead of just every word containing the consecutive letters 'ing'! As for languages, I agree with what some people have said about making different chat channels for different languages. I turned off Nation chat relatively early in my AA lifetime due to it being almost completely French. Later I turned off Faction because I wanted to farm in peace, but that is not really relevant. I think if there were different channels for the more commonly used languages, it might help reduce use of the main channels to those who actually need to use them for something.

As for the game dying, I don't think it is. I agree that a lot of people are leaving. But that does not necessarily mean the game is dying. It does, however, mean that land will be opening up. Trion can still make changes that repair the bugs, get rid of the majority of botters and scammers, and help repair the economy. I agree that no update will immediately repair the economy all at once. Something that broke a little over time has to be fixed a little over time, and the issues with this one were perpetuated by everyone who uses the AH. So it will take a long time before the economy stabilizes, and it is mostly up to us, the players, to see that it actually does so. All Trion can really do to help things is remove botters and scammers, and make sure no unauthorized monies are left anywhere in the game.

Well, that is my two cents/pence. I hope you at least read the first paragraph before deciding to tl;dr! Lol

Coldshadow
11-21-2014, 06:39 AM
So trion, will you have actual EVENTS this time and not some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ cashgrab marketplace hoax again like you did with halloween event?

Since KR and RU had a proper event and quests that gave you all the things you put on the marketplace or in those painfully obvious P2W chests.

Stop being cash hungry derps please and just let us have fun during events.

Viilaa
11-21-2014, 06:47 AM
I find it funny that a lot of people are saying the game is dying and people are leaving in droves. I am not really seeing that in game. Sure a lot of housing / land is expiring so people can get some land finally, but last night my guild (I am not the guild leader) and I camped some 'stinking elves' in hellswamp and halcyon and ended up liberating a nice fat merchant ship that the reds obviously stole :) There was all sorts of activity on the coast and seas last night - most I've seen in a while. While I am not a PVPer by nature, I find the change of pace from playing farmville (where I spend the bulk of my labor) and attacking the enemy and liberating trade packs very fun. We get on our TS server and chat and kill reds.

The game is dying ??? Not sure either way, but on my server people are still very active and fighting. And more importantly - having fun.. which I believe is why we play these games. I don't play to be the best - I play to have fun. When I stop having fun with my online friends I will find another game like I have before. But with new content coming and more reds to kill and trade packs to liberate I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And for the trolls - I was one of the many who was 'locked out' during the Aurora blitz and missed the entire release. Sure I was mad, but I got over it and am back to having fun. AA isn't perfect but hell, no game is perfect.

TheDoctor89
11-21-2014, 07:01 AM

It's good to know that re-balancing means, change it in to a Gilda Star design :^) Here I thought you were going to change some of the "skills" or other properties of the vehicle. How foolish of me!

Just stop making it look so hard. We all know that "undergoing re-balancing" == make 800 Gilda Star design out of it.

But you just want to narrow down the options people have to two 800 Gilda Star designs and have others keep their hopes up that you won't screw them over by changing the Timber Coupe design from requiring 150000 vocation badges to requiring 800 Gilda Stars.
But you and I both know that you will screw them over and you'll screw them over hard. Whomever has been grinding 150000 vocation badges can now go buy bait with them because Timber Coupe will just be changed to require 800 Gilda Stars and for you, that's balancing.

Trino strikes again!

Oh and

blabla...over two million players...blabla
- Victoria

Is as hilarious and hollow as EA claiming Origin has 30 million registered users (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/31/eas-origin-has-30-million-registered-users-4-4-million-paying/). I bet your peak around launch reached 2 million, but it has declined drastically since then but you need to keep up appearances.
Don't want to have your game look like it's dying just yet :^)

felixius
11-21-2014, 07:14 AM
It's good to know that re-balancing means, change it in to a Gilda Star design :^) Here I thought you were going to change some of the "skills" or other properties of the vehicle. How foolish of me!

Just stop making it look so hard. We all know that "undergoing re-balancing" == make 800 Gilda Star design out of it.

But you just want to narrow down the options people have to two 800 Gilda Star designs and have others keep their hopes up that you won't screw them over by changing the Timber Coupe design from requiring 150000 vocation badges to requiring 800 Gilda Stars.
But you and I both know that you will screw them over and you'll screw them over hard. Whomever has been grinding 150000 vocation badges can now go buy bait with them because Timber Coupe will just be changed to require 800 Gilda Stars and for you, that's balancing.

Trino strikes again!

Oh and

Is as hilarious and hollow as EA claiming Origin has 30 million registered users (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/31/eas-origin-has-30-million-registered-users-4-4-million-paying/). I bet your peak around launch reached 2 million, but it has declined drastically since then but you need to keep up appearances.
Don't want to have your game look like it's dying just yet :^)

I had 150,000 vocation the day after Auroria launch. I'm sitting on almost 170,000k now, and have everything else built for the timber coupe. If Trion removes the timber coupe from the vocation vendor, I simply can't play this game anymore.

Scarran
11-21-2014, 07:40 AM

Can you let us know if we are ever to expect submarines soon?

As right now it pretty much looks like there is little to no chance of seeing them anytime soon and by that I mean within the next 6 months. I would rather be told now not to expect them rather than continue to keep my mats and discover that a year from now we are still asking the same question.

I have been there and done that in other games that have removed items for rebalancing only to find they are never seen again because of time constraints.

Klertahn
11-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Can you let us know if we are ever to expect submarines soon?

As right now it pretty much looks like there is little to no chance of seeing them anytime soon and by that I mean within the next 6 months. I would rather be told now not to expect them rather than continue to keep my mats and discover that a year from now we are still asking the same question.

I have been there and done that in other games that have removed items for rebalancing only to find they are never seen again because of time constraints.

The safe thing to do, really, is err on the side of non-release. If it does not exist in the game, then, even if they can tell you that they plan to introduce it at some point in the future, they cannot realistically tell you when; and there's always the chance that all of their best laid plans to introduce it will fall through and it will never exist at all. So just sticking with and to things that are already available is a good way to prevent such a frustration as you indicated within your statement as having witnessed in other games. If you feel the need to make some kind of preparation for it, then just collect the base materials or funds, and save actually building the items for when you are sure they will be needed. That way, if it never gets released, the base materials and/or funds can always be put towards something else.

kaoti
11-21-2014, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=Odic;1183930]

there is never a real f2p chinese mmo. You'd have to purchase all those enhancements from cash store in order to gear up/pot to do dungeons, world bosses etc. And some chinese players they don't even care about the gameplay, P2W is always their motto. The frequent content releases = not enough money, we need more. do you want that in AA? lol we are already in a pretty bad situation.

the chinese game i came from has substaintial 1g+ updates every 2-3 months. You're all just a bunch of complacent racists. What's trion give us? Content they cut from launch every 2 months. This is inexcusable, like day 1 on disk dlc. Actually, that's literally what these 'updates' are. It's all on disk. It has been this entire time. It's translated and ready to go. But trion thinks it's 2001 and they need to keep people around and waste A YEAR OF THEIR TIME in order to milk subscription fees even though subscription fees arent what's making them money! How incompetent can you be to not even appeal to main money making demographic? Just keep shooting yourself, trion. Are you guys unionzed or some nonsense, I don't see how any of you still have your jobs. The success of this game so far has been entirely because of it's niche, almost monopoly like status in the subgenre of sandbox mmo that came after a long dry spell of ♥♥♥♥ty wow clones. It has nothing to do with you or your little normalization changes that a 3 year old can see through. It has nothing to do with you sitting on content and slowly releasing it. You think thats an effective strategy? Is that what you tell your investors when you show them all the money we gave you for believing in this game? You have been the problem since day 1, yet you take all the credit. 2 million people? Not this month. Why? Because every single week in novemeber, every single week, you seriously screwed something up.

I'm sure this post will be the one that finally goes over the line and get moderated but you people are nuts. You have absolutely no idea what you are doing. You think you do, and anyone who's played a mmo before can see your exact train of thought, but it's completely off base for this product. You aren't going to milk this game for 8 more months. You are going to blow your final load on the wagon tickets and then the money is gonna stop. You'll tell the investors that profits are down because people left because of standard holiday quitting bs, but that will be a lie too. They left a long time ago, you simply ran out of hot items to pimp.

Swear
11-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Well guys. If you wanted to publish Arch Age then you would've published Arch Age. Running a game isn't easy, You guys spit out demands and complaints like they are your babysitters. They don't take orders like this is fastfood. You complain yet still are playing the game I just don't understand. Don't give me that rage of I love arch age core gameplay and bs like that. Let them develop the game or you take your complaints of there and develop the content you are screaming about don't put down these hard working people for giving you a game you've been waiting for play for awhile now then give them bs about it not coming out perfect. Nothing in life is ever perfect so give Trion time to do some magic to the game, half of you are screaming P2W ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ the game is F2P hell if I published the game it would of not been free to play. You guys are lucky to get to play some High quality game like this and not have to pay up from the start. I understand the ones that paid for the game to be a founder or whatever in all reality you could of waited but instead you paid for what was listed in the founders pack not for supreme control over the game. There are Dos and Donts when running a game but none of us will ever know because none of us are apart of any of these publishers staff these go on, things happen get over it. Hell you don't know if one of the staff members had a dying family member for jesus sake and they had to take a break which maybe made things slow you never know they have lives too. Not up all night on the computer, hell I know they wanted to get alittle something from their loved ones sometime give them a break.

ADDON: Go out and grab a drink and complain to the bartender or to the kitchen and complain to your mom. Better yet keep the complaints to yourself.

Tammuz
11-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Sea of drowned love 10 player raid or the 5 player weekend dungeon only?

Goros
11-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Hey at least you can now DO something with all the Serpentis stuff...never should have had Serpentis in game without SoDL to complete it.

Valdamere
11-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Greetings Adventurers!

- Victoria

Ok Victoria, here is the thing.

I love that your post is positive, I really do. It would be foolish to spout off gloom-and-doom for a game you are the producer of. Also, there are aspects of this game that ALL of you should feel very proud of.

There are a couple issues though:

1. Apologize damnit! Seriously! It wouldn't kill you OR Scapes to admit there have been some REAL issues that "could" have been avoided had you handled things differently. Then apologize for it...both of you. I, personally, don't give a crap about you making it up to me...but show us the respect to not blow smoke up our ♥♥♥♥♥ and just, for once, accept some responsibility and show us you are human, not just a bunch of money grubbers who could care less about your player-base.

2. Motivate your community team! Scapes is definitely doing better, and I am seeing some action on the forums, but honestly....overall most "Dev" posts are a bunch of copies/pastes, and often in the same thread. There are a million issues being brought up...do I expect him/them to respond to them all? No way. But when I look at the Dev posts and see the Community Manager often making 3-5 posts a day...that is dissapointing as a player to say the least. When most of those are cut and paste, just referring to the Apex issue, even more dissapointing. When he makes a flat out promise to do something, then deletes threads that call him out about it and never even responds or acknowledges "why" he did not follow through....that's a problem. It was a simple request for a forum. He said he'd have it today, and swore to it. Followed up with him doing nothing, threads being made about it where he never once responded, and he has completely ignored us over and over and over time and time again. If he is overworked and should be delegating stuff more, then damnit, delegate! You don't have to respond to 90% of the ♥♥♥♥♥/moan threads, but at least be part of the community, at least "act" like you want this job, even if you hate it with a passion. Although Trion doesn't see it this way, we actually still are the customers (especially the paying ones).

I have many more things I could bring up, but this is already a book. Like many posts in the past it will be looked over and not acknowledged or responded to. Hell, I'd be happy with a PM...just to show that you guys read this and do care.

I'm not quitting, I don't hate this game, I think it is the best damn game on the market. I'm a realist...it needs to improve a lot, but it is still an awesome idea that is fun as heck to play. My only issue is with the way "You all" have sugar-coated everything, ignored so much, and communicated so little. "That" is something I've never seen in any other MMO I've played...and it isn't meant as a compliment.

KoolAid the RED
11-21-2014, 09:11 AM
If you remove the timber coupe off the vocation vendor I will quit, and take my whale ♥♥♥ with me. I've spent FAR too much money on this game and its getting really sickening to be repaid with crap like this.

there was no reason to take out the car designs other than making those of us who had the designs and mats already wait.

PeZzy
11-21-2014, 09:14 AM
How about making Christmas about Christmas and less pay-to-win like Halloween was.

Halloween was ruined by the pay-to-win system.

MCBOB
11-21-2014, 09:14 AM

What a joke...why not just use the same function as the other cars for the time being. Then, when you get your "rebalancing" done you can update. All cars should have been added into the Auroria update as a normalized unit, and then rebalancing could have been done over time.

Esbat
11-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Please give us the info on the LAND EXPANSION SCROLLS! Gazebo farm pattern has been in since launch and the only thing stopping us from making it is these scrolls.

At least let us know if they are going to be in the game in the next few months?????? FireCait, Scapes. A response would be greatly appreciated!

KoolAid the RED
11-21-2014, 09:18 AM

WTH changing things to gilda stars is utter crap, you can't let people save up whats needed for something then take it and change it to a completely different friggin resource, I'm so mad I can't see straight.

MCBOB
11-21-2014, 09:26 AM
WTH changing things to gilda stars is utter crap, you can't let people save up whats needed for something then take it and change it to a completely different friggin resource, I'm so mad I can't see straight.

I agree what a joke. You take an item that people have been saving for two months and then completely change what is needed. They better offer some sort of exchange for a certain time period where people can purchase them with the old requirements

Galiden
11-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Updates look great, looking forward to it. Any word on the mirage horse fix? It's still gliding all over the place, and it is my favorite mount.

AlchemistRa1n
11-21-2014, 09:56 AM

This game has been out for over two years now. These patch updates aren't new content it's just catching our servers up to Korea. If they wanted to they could have included all of it at launch.

Edea
11-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Now Trion destroyed those dream who collected Honor Point just for car design. And next what? Timber Coupe for 1371743471364 Gilda? Trion please, keep everything on place. Please please please make Timber Coupe at least uses Vocation Badge instead of gilda craps.

AlchemistRa1n
11-21-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure about your server, but on mine gilda and gold are 1:1 per tradepack. For example, a fishing boat design is 400 Gilda. It's on AH for 2k gold. Either way that's roughly equivalent to turning in 400 packs if you take the safe route on every turn in. My point being, wait for someone else to spend the Gilda, and then buy the design off of them with the equivalent amount of gold.

computertrucker
11-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Any chance of an Open world Community dungeon in the future!? Something that is contested, and possibly has Boss mobs that are itemized.

Think this would be an awesome addition... and keep up the good work Trion. Glad to see you guys are addressing the issues at hand. I know I am enjoying the game. As A patron.

MCBOB
11-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Now Trion destroyed those dream who collected Honor Point just for car design. And next what? Timber Coupe for 1371743471364 Gilda? Trion please, keep everything on place. Please please please make Timber Coupe at least uses Vocation Badge instead of gilda craps.

If they cared even one iota about the players they would at least make a grace period (say two weeks) where the design could be bought with the old currency. Its not like the design wasn't in the game, and we were all taking a big risk. The design was there the entire time and we devoted alot of time to that currency.

AlchemistRa1n
11-21-2014, 10:05 AM
If they cared even one iota about the players they would at least make a grace period (say two weeks) where the design could be bought with the old currency. Its not like the design wasn't in the game, and we were all taking a big risk. The design was there the entire time and we devoted alot of time to that currency.

Games get balanced, adjustments are made. That's life. It's no different then maxing a class because it's OP, and then it gets a nerf 3 months later and no one wants to play it.

grimdomination
11-21-2014, 10:22 AM
lmao so many crybabies. complaining about gilda stars for cars when gilda is so fricking easy to get. i have 1200+ of them and don't know what to do with it.
these are premium items and should be made difficult to get. make them 1500 gilda or so. i suspect majority of them are the carebears who stay in safe zone and avoid friedich at all cost.

it's similar to other post where people complain about hasla t3 when it's virtually free epherium weapon. i swear some people are so lazy they want everything handed down to them on a silver platter. work hard for your gear, stop being lazy and grind. if you don't want to work hard for your gear, then go use your credit card.

grimdomination
11-21-2014, 10:23 AM
lmao so many crybabies. complaining about gilda stars for cars when gilda is so fricking easy to get. i have 1200+ of them and don't know what to do with it.
these are premium items and should be made difficult to get. make them 1500 gilda or so. i suspect majority of them are the carebears who stay in safe zone and avoid friedich at all cost.

it's similar to other post where people complain about hasla t3 when it's virtually free epherium weapon. i swear some people are so lazy they want everything handed down to them on a silver platter. work hard for your gear, stop being lazy and grind. if you don't want to work hard for your gear, then go use your credit card.

Asperoth
11-21-2014, 11:13 AM
I was going to write a long reply! Bottom line is I have a great time in this game, I see it will have a long future. It does need a few things fixed that will come. Dont like it Leave I hear WOW just launched a new expansion go play it!

Great advice. People have been leaving in droves since the Aurora launch debacle and every time the flow begins to ebb, a new disaster opens up the flood gates again. In looking at the numbers of people that I see active in game and in my guild, I'd estimate that only about 50 to 60% of the players are still active that were here the day before the Aurora launch and the fallout and mass exodus from the Apex fiasco is still ongoing.

I'm glad you still like the game and don't mind the rampant unpunished hacks/exploits and bad decisions made at every level by the game's management. I hope your server is one of the ones that survives when they begin consolidating them in a few months. It would suck to have to start over and try to get land on a new one.

Asperoth
11-21-2014, 11:29 AM
By the by, I still have an open ticket from November 1 that hasn't been worked yet. It would be really super awesome if Trion actually hired enough customer service representatives so that players aren't waiting a month or more to have their in game issues fixed.

Getting my level 40 mount back would be nice. It disappeared when Aranzeb crashed on November 1 and was subsequently taken down for a few hours of unscheduled maintenance.

felixius
11-21-2014, 11:35 AM

Please please do not change timber coupe design to gilda stars. It will ruin the game for me. :/

Voluntaris
11-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Thanks so much for the update. I can't freakin' wait for the Farm Hauler Upgrade as well as the raised Level 55 cap!!!

My guildies are super stoked for the Dragon World Boss.

Btw...as I'm sure you're aware, the game is not "dying" in the slightest. We're just shedding the chaff, with the awesome core gamers that will make this game even more amazing continuing to enjoy this awesome game for many months/years to come!

Zaqi
11-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks so much for the update. I can't freakin' wait for the Farm Hauler Upgrade as well as the raised Level 55 cap!!!

Btw...as I'm sure you're aware, the game is not "dying" in the slightest. We're just shedding the chaff, with the awesome core gamers that will make this game even more amazing continuing to enjoy this awesome game for many months/years to come!

Either you work for Trion or have no clue as to what you speak about.

Last I checked, server population was in severe decline which stagnates the economy and equates to little trade movement. That means, people are not playing or quitting the game.

F2P cannot support this game, they must get money from microtransacitons and when you see an influx of marketplace changes, then you know their focus is on money and not the game.

Keep being excited, you are in the minority, unless they start fixing bugs and adding content that enhances game play which will equate to higher conversion (F2P to P2P) and attach rates (recurring patron status payments) then the game will decline.

Sayura
11-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Will the new decor items only be for wagons or will there be any for the new hauler?

Southernstar71
11-21-2014, 02:56 PM

How will it be available? Will it require another "maintenance"?

Eldur
11-21-2014, 03:01 PM

After this update, it is impossible to drive ships, constantly getting dismouted:

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141121/lrdxel29.jpg

And as opposed to the message, my pack is gone!

http://i.imgur.com/eGucfsw.jpg

kaoti
11-21-2014, 03:14 PM

150k vocational points essentially means you spent 120-150k labor gathering. That is hardly "easy".

n0xi0us
11-21-2014, 03:23 PM

When? I am seriously curious about this, as I logged in to check it out, and nada

Yil
11-21-2014, 03:24 PM
We worked closely with XLGAMES to resolve these bugs and connection issues; and we are happy to say that these bugs are almost behind us.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Total, and complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Yil
11-21-2014, 03:25 PM

- Victoria

Do you even play your game, or bother to talk to people who do? You have a mount that does that.

Dreadnut
11-21-2014, 03:26 PM

Scapes , your the coolest but , by egregious exploiters will be removed do you mean all those people my whole server knew were exploiting (because they were braging about it in Faction chat) and we celebrated when they were banned just to be kicked in the sack upon their return 24hr later? Because if they are going to banned again for good this time that would be great!! but if that was them being removed it saddens me.

The best part was after they had their 24hr ban they proceeded to use regrade scrolls all afternoon not sure how much they had but enough to proc 10 greater sucesses within mins of each other. Proving none of there stuff was even taken away.. I really like this game but man we really need to enforce these bans.. otherwise why would they stop? Integrity, Morals..?? yeah we both know that if they had those they wouldn't be cheating in the first place.

On a side note you really have to fix that Land hack before releasing new land. especially since you unbanned those people in that guild who blatently use it who also exploited the APex and chest.. you see a pattern here?

Yil
11-21-2014, 03:35 PM

Because XLGames and Trion.

Qova
11-21-2014, 03:35 PM
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS MOUNT.

D:
apart from the fact that it'll be on the cash shop. (or an RNG Box)
What is its model D:
It's a Dolphin.

Dreadnut
11-21-2014, 03:45 PM
yeah flipper

Franc Kaos
11-21-2014, 04:10 PM
I will stop writing now because the urge to use the F word in every sentence is becoming too tempting.
I am a very patient man but every man has his limit and you are getting very very close to mine which is impressive!

Amen brother!

BTW how is Borderless Windowed mode and inverted mouse coming along, supposedly shortly after release - as a marketplace item maybe?

aco
11-21-2014, 07:31 PM

http://puu.sh/d0qNy/37a46565b4.png

Yeah.. seems about right, "Active Time Remaining: 30 Days", no patron in-game.

Supermoep
11-21-2014, 07:49 PM
It would be awesome if we could get the lv55 patch even before holidays :-/ ^^ (well, would have been great if we had it with the castle patch ;-] )
Also I hope XLGames are developing new content for this game already, too much grey on Korean AA map :-/

Franc Kaos
11-22-2014, 03:28 AM
http://puu.sh/d0qNy/37a46565b4.png

Yeah.. seems about right, "Active Time Remaining: 30 Days", no patron in-game.

And when they do correct their mistake, please don't expect them to reimburse any labour points they stole from you.

XanadoX
11-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Scapes , your the coolest but , by egregious exploiters will be removed do you mean all those people my whole server knew were exploiting (because they were braging about it in Faction chat) and we celebrated when they were banned just to be kicked in the sack upon their return 24hr later? Because if they are going to banned again for good this time that would be great!! but if that was them being removed it saddens me.

The best part was after they had their 24hr ban they proceeded to use regrade scrolls all afternoon not sure how much they had but enough to proc 10 greater sucesses within mins of each other. Proving none of there stuff was even taken away.. I really like this game but man we really need to enforce these bans.. otherwise why would they stop? Integrity, Morals..?? yeah we both know that if they had those they wouldn't be cheating in the first place.

On a side note you really have to fix that Land hack before releasing new land. especially since you unbanned those people in that guild who blatently use it who also exploited the APex and chest.. you see a pattern here?

THEY BANNED THE OFFENDERS, as many as 12 of them and .................................................. .............(can't stop laughing)
I agree with Dreadnut,it's meaningless spend money in a broken game.

Jinxs
11-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Who are we kidding they made promises and yes people complain and yes people say if we don't like the game then quit. But some people have invested alot of time and money believing this game would be better then the beta. The beta was amazing and fun and exciting. They promised diamond shores and didn't come through, they want to stop bots when it's to late. My family played together all were patrons and the we went weeks losing patron status and it was until a huge amount of people complained they did something. Now all the weeks it took saving up people now can get the same results with no effort. Firecait and scapes why is it when trouble hits you finally want to do something about it? you would have learned like everyone else during beta but you ignored the players and now this game has turned to pay to win. I am sorry I can't fork out 50.00 everytime you put out something new but a lot of players and families are not like me. We waited for patch day to put a house down and funny how one person now sells 6 of those homes I don't believe in that much luck. Waters are now covered with fishing boats counted 60 boats today when fishing. Yes to alot I am complaining but seeing how we won't introduce new content to the new year leaves one answer to this game. You took a good game and didn't think before your actions now a great deal of good guilds and friends are gone and now we are not patrons because it is not worth the time when someone can hack and take it and minutes later sell it for triple the price. You complain about botters and hackers when you are just the same. You added ts trees which now are so random, you expect seiges to keep people here. Like kost we are here waiting for the next new game to come out but stop bsing people and telling them things just to make a dollar. This game has made mistake after mistakes and you have done nothing about it or you have waited to long. Check out all gaming magazines out there and 2 million players? please we all know its not true try owning up to your mistakes instead of leading false advertising and adding stuff so people will buy. This isnt a game for fun and excitement it is a game where you have your hands out all the time. Other games coming out have mentioned in many details how they will not follow archeage mistakes so i wish to thank you on that. Yes I may hate the game but i do log in do my dailies and speak to friends that is one thing I like about this is speaking everyday with people i like. But the hope and hype is gone and frankly anything you say to change many peoples minds is to late. Such a shame this game was amazing and exciting in beta and you turned it into such a let down.

Jinxs
11-22-2014, 07:34 PM

(is it me or do I sense alot of butt kissing here) that or your new to the game. I can list 5 top guilds with over 50 players that all have left so no offense your speaking out your bum. This game doesn't have months or years it will become dead and die and the makers have no one else to blame but themselves. But I appreciate the laugh because I have never seen anyone kiss as much butt as you have and not just kiss but but talk out of their butt. Trion screwed up made mistakes and can't fix them and if they could they wouldn't they are to busy thinking of themselves and not the players.Look forward to see more butt kissing... i need another laugh for tonight.(eats popcorn)

Bunnyleptic
11-22-2014, 11:42 PM
Firecait,

Can you give us more information about the Mount please?? I am very excited, please let it be Mirage Björn Bear, I am waiting for it like forever.. I love mounts in this game, they are all amazing.

But my favourite ones are still Yata's <3
But I think I would love the Mirage Björn Bear too I am sure.. Cannot wait ^.^

Whirlwind
11-23-2014, 12:14 AM

Because... they can.

Franc Kaos
11-23-2014, 01:39 AM
Who are we kidding, they made promises, and yes, people complain, and yes, people say if we don't like the game then quit - but some people have invested a lot of time and money believing this game would be better then the beta.
The beta was amazing, fun and exciting. They promised diamond shores, and didn't come through, they want to stop bots when it's to late. My family played together, all were patrons and then we went weeks, losing patron status and it wasn't until a huge amount of people complained that they did something.

Now all the weeks it took saving up, people now can get the same results with no effort. Firecait and Scapes, why is it when trouble hits you finally want to do something about it? you would have learned like everyone else during beta, but you ignored the players and now this game has turned into pay to win.

I am sorry, I can't fork out 50.00 everytime you put out something new but a lot of players and families are not like me. We waited for patch day to put a house down and funny how one person now sells 6 of those homes - I don't believe in that much luck. Waters are now covered with fishing boats, counted 60 boats today when fishing. Yes to a lot I am complaining, but seeing how you won't introduce new content until the new year leaves one answer to this game.

You took a good game and didn't think before your actions, now a great deal of good guilds and friends are gone, and now we are not patrons because it is not worth the time when someone can hack and take it and minutes later sell it for triple the price. You complain about botters and hackers when you are just the same. You added ts trees which now are so random, you expect sieges to keep people here.

Like kost we are here waiting for the next new game to come out but stop bsing people and telling them things just to make a dollar. This game has made mistake after mistakes and you have done nothing about it or you have waited to long.

Check out all gaming magazines out there, and 2 million players? Please! We all know its not true. Try owning up to your mistakes instead of leading false advertising and adding stuff so people will buy. This isn't a game for fun and excitement it is a game where you have your hands out all the time. Other games coming out have mentioned in many details how they will not follow Archeage's mistakes so I wish to thank you for that.

Yes I may hate the game, but I do log in to do my dailies and speak to friends - that is one thing I like about this, is speaking everyday with people I like. But the hope and hype is gone and frankly anything you say to change many peoples minds is too late.

Such a shame this game was amazing and exciting in beta and you turned it into such a let down.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself, but wall of text dude. You made some good points but no one will read it without at least an attempt at punctuation and paragraphs. 7/10

KoolAid the RED
11-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Ugh, I've seen 5 apex squalls on my server now, I think I figured out what they mean by rebalancing. Let every ♥♥♥♥er on my server get 800 gilda stars, and get an apex squall first (and others get to the 150k vocation mark) making my extreme effort to be one of the first to 150k vocation badges (and get the insane amount of mats for this car) completely worthless.

♥♥♥♥ you trion, I'm off to go play Farcry 4

ArrowHead1236
11-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Can't wait for the Updates for Dec. Almost there to level 50 with Arrowfirst. So, can't wait for all the new stuff and skills. :)

Rhime
11-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Jinxs View Post

Who are we kidding, they made promises, and yes, people complain, and yes, people say if we don't like the game then quit - but some people have invested a lot of time and money believing this game would be better then the beta.
The beta was amazing, fun and exciting. They promised diamond shores, and didn't come through, they want to stop bots when it's to late. My family played together, all were patrons and then we went weeks, losing patron status and it wasn't until a huge amount of people complained that they did something.

Now all the weeks it took saving up, people now can get the same results with no effort. Firecait and Scapes, why is it when trouble hits you finally want to do something about it? you would have learned like everyone else during beta, but you ignored the players and now this game has turned into pay to win.

I am sorry, I can't fork out 50.00 everytime you put out something new but a lot of players and families are not like me. We waited for patch day to put a house down and funny how one person now sells 6 of those homes - I don't believe in that much luck. Waters are now covered with fishing boats, counted 60 boats today when fishing. Yes to a lot I am complaining, but seeing how you won't introduce new content until the new year leaves one answer to this game.

You took a good game and didn't think before your actions, now a great deal of good guilds and friends are gone, and now we are not patrons because it is not worth the time when someone can hack and take it and minutes later sell it for triple the price. You complain about botters and hackers when you are just the same. You added ts trees which now are so random, you expect sieges to keep people here.

Like kost we are here waiting for the next new game to come out but stop bsing people and telling them things just to make a dollar. This game has made mistake after mistakes and you have done nothing about it or you have waited to long.

Check out all gaming magazines out there, and 2 million players? Please! We all know its not true. Try owning up to your mistakes instead of leading false advertising and adding stuff so people will buy. This isn't a game for fun and excitement it is a game where you have your hands out all the time. Other games coming out have mentioned in many details how they will not follow Archeage's mistakes so I wish to thank you for that.

Yes I may hate the game, but I do log in to do my dailies and speak to friends - that is one thing I like about this, is speaking everyday with people I like. But the hope and hype is gone and frankly anything you say to change many peoples minds is too late.

Such a shame this game was amazing and exciting in beta and you turned it into such a let down. 7/10

So, you hate the game, but still log in to do dailies and speak to friends? You can do that via whatever voip you're using without wasting space on server and since you haven't listed any thoughts on game improvements, I have no choice but to disregard your post.
Most of your points also note how much time and money you spent along with your family so I'm going have to add you to the list of "sense of entitlement" players too.

Societal
11-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Games get balanced, adjustments are made. That's life. It's no different then maxing a class because it's OP, and then it gets a nerf 3 months later and no one wants to play it.
Could you please explain where you were going with that analogy? If I picked an overpowered class I would fully expect it to receive a balancing pass weakening it or improving other classes. How does that apply here? Why would anyone expect that the currency type used for car designs would change? Pricing differences within that same currency would be totally acceptable whereas giving players the incentive to save up over such a long time only to switch the source of the design is not.

Chryos
11-23-2014, 12:04 PM
could be the dolphin mount....

Bunnyleptic
11-24-2014, 03:13 AM
could be the dolphin mount....

Noooo, don't crush my dreams :(

Hehehe, joking. Still I would Prefer the Mirage Björn Bear though.

Izune
11-24-2014, 03:50 AM
Ofc its the bjorn and i hate that they are releasing every fudgeing mount in cashshop. Why cant they let us have something to work for?

No point in breeding polar bears anymore i guess.
Also dolphin is a drop from the new instance in december and if they release these mounts in cashshop aswell it will be 1 more step closer for me to quit this game.

Fudge cash shops srsly:(

Verma
11-24-2014, 04:09 AM
what is the deal with the cars anyway?
whats there to normalise
if you change the skills then the your ♥♥♥♥ing up the cars that people want CAUSE of the skills
if your changing how to obtain the recipy's then your making it harder for other people to get the Actual Car they want
i mean im a FARMER/CRAFTER
i want the timber coupe so i can do inland trade runs more often with a noticable speed increase
and use its ability's to jump over rivers or gaps
i dont do massive GIANT gilda star trade runs on a PIRATE INFESTED world
its impossible for me to get the recipe trough gilda stars
thats why ive been saving up for the car recipe with my Vocation points
so far i have 50k vocation points
and still need a 100k points to be able to purchace the car in its ORIGINAL store location(the recipe)
some pvpers only wanted to get 50k honor points to get the red car
now your telling them Sorry youl have to go do Gilda Trade runs to get that car?????
whats wrong here?
the reason they were in ther designated locations of purchace
was that you had somehting to WORK FOR
getting that comet speedster
was supposed to be a perk to Arenapvp/worldpvp
and hte timber coupe a perk for FARMERS
and the blue car we can already get was a perk for TRADERS

what are you changing that you needed to remove it from the game SO BADLY
tell me? id like to know
cause im getting more and more Pissed off at how you so call NORMALISE everything
when all your doing is making any ingame perk we are trying to EARN
oboslete
cause a CHEAPER
or EASYER to obtain item is on par or better then those perk items

same deal with the gliders
the 4 gliders that you create AFTER the ultimate glider were not just meant FOR LOOKS
they made game play different
and before you respond with but then players will only use a specific glider cause its better?
THATS THE WHOLE POINT
they can still get the image design on the market and Fuse it with their glider when it comes to looks
BUT WHY IN GODS NAME change the stats on an item to match a LOWER LEVEL ITEM

you done ♥♥♥♥ED up trion

and before you state that your in talks with XLgames about this
they are not the one ASKING for normalised items
YOU ARE (trion)

WBC
11-24-2014, 04:28 AM
When are the founders going to get their 10% discount on marketplace purchases?

ILLSPAWN
11-24-2014, 04:32 AM
When are the founders going to get their 10% discount on marketplace purchases?

I would like to know that as well. We cannot get the support team to answer the question.

zyander
11-24-2014, 06:35 AM
I would like to know that as well. We cannot get the support team to answer the question.

When did they hire a support team??

Victa
11-24-2014, 06:38 AM
The game needs a smarter community.

mistergristle
11-24-2014, 08:10 AM
When can i place a gazebo?

Memerto
11-24-2014, 08:24 AM

Archeage still in Beta Confirmed

Thx Victoria

Nefar
11-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Greetings Adventurers!

it's very exciting to see over two million players interacting with each other

- Victoria

2 million players my ♥♥♥

Your Mother
11-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Any updates on fixing your broken game that gets exploited in new ways daily and banning all the exploiters? No? Then we don't care.

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Hello Victoria / Firecait,

If you wish to honestly offer the PTS, be aware that it will be noted as being unacceptable if reported bugs and exploits are committed to the live server builds. This will further damage the already crippled company image for both Trion and XL, inclusive of their offerings, present and future, ie. Trove for Trion & Civ Online for XL. (Check the internet for what I speak of, Trion and XL are being hacked to bits at present in postings and reviews flowing in, in droves on major gaming sites).

Never the less this is a good starting point.

In lieu of the PTS, can you check what I have mentioned in this thread linked - Page 19, post # 184 (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?127784-New-exploit/page19)

Alternate link incase a mod deletes thread.
http://web.archive.org/web/20141125022505/http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?127784-New-exploit/page19

It is in reference to other exploits of a similar nature to the already presently working ones at the time of this posting.

I am not willing to test if it works other than on a PTS where it will be for the purpose of exposing and rectifying such flaws in system design & workflow process routine coding etc.

TLDR - To check purple bolded.

Makes the whole only 12 people used it claim by Scott on MMORPG on the apex exploit a joke doesn't it ? Vague enough to be correct if your debating strictly based on semantics when in reality, there are several ways to achieve the same opening process of apex/rng chest etc over and over. Whether it be the same item or a duplicated entry into the database of an item. (Using the same or altered unique identifier)

Portal method is just one of them, the mail system update is just another (sending via the mail subsystem before the transaction server is able to complete its process routine and update the required subsystems and expire the opened item on completion), the mail system duplication of items, another again ... and the list goes on.

Should I mention that Trion should check to see if the same is true of unwrapping handicrafted jewelery items to give earth based items for next craftable level tier item ... or other stuff similar to this. ie. Unwrapping item, sending via mail, and once unwrapped get a dupped jewelery item, repeat and decon all those that are not earth based to reforge at a reforging station ?

^^ Don't know if this works, just thought of it now as another possible loophole.

Point being, Trion/XL needs to start thinking on a concept design level rather than at the result level of what has come to pass for other "potential" loopholes.

Either way, it is something both Scott and Jake need to team up and get onto fixing these issues, recoding the required workflow processes at a design level, etc. Trion has a lot of saying power in the contract they have between Trion & XL, so it is not all Trions fault, nor XLs. It is a combined partnership effort between the two organisations.

http://web.archive.org/web/20141125025225/http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?127784-New-exploit/page19

Ciao,
Your friendly gaming killer whale,
Sparkz/Viper

http://raptr.com/viperstrike2611/about
http://raptr.com/badge/viperstrike2611/fs_overall.png (http://raptr.com/viperstrike2611/about?src=em_all)

Thankyou and I look forward to testing on the PTS and bashing out dents in the game that is currently known as WreckAge to bring it back into its intended design ArcheAge.

As a stretch goal to releasing the PTS > Would yourself (Firecait), Scapes and any other relevant members of the ArcheAge team consider doing something along these lines to establish a stronger link between US/EU Trion/ArcheAge and its community (http://www.twitch.tv/landmarkgame/c/5399891). It is working out extremely well for SOE your competition.

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Hopefully in time, with the introduction of the PTS and with a bit of forward thinking and honesty on all side included into the mix we together as a community can bring Trion/ArcheAge's image to being something more along these lines;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQvsjs7-J0U

That is without laying blame on to others (Outward blaming) whos fault what is, instead taking ownership of the issues to affect change (Taking responsibility) we can all together achieve this image again for Trion/ArcheAge instead of the present day Tri 'n/Wreckage image we have now.

~ Sparkz.

Note: Hoping to see Update 1.7 on PTS before live deployment,
Please consider doing this to avoid another screwup that will only lead to disaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CLxqN0jfb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYx_pdeDRFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWuPCYLtefQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJ6LT8DDlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jxCnbk9WTI

Including the Delphic Star items. (3000 house / 300 marine house or whatever Trion chooses to set them at for US/EU)

Example:
http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/78/6b/9def2311726f37cb9bc97f7e11cbae0a/theme/262c37b201b5a70ebf39c5ac191cc48a555.jpg

Also refinements that will be needed for the esculating tax system upto 5 weeks paid in advance;

Along with Trion's single glyph account policy to match the intended escualtive tax certificate placement & costing design of ArcheAge as to not give one player a huge cashshop and/or gold used to purchase tax certificates advantage by needing a lot less due to multi-accounts over another who plays as intended, 1 glyph account used per participant (Multi from the same household locked until verified);

A fair and balanced system that all use (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?121720-Land-Grabbing-Stereotyping&p=1146415&viewfull=1#post1146415) - Equality!

http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/78/6b/9def2311726f37cb9bc97f7e11cbae0a/theme/e439e14a14ad15d2d86279010bbcf055867.jpg

And please do not forget the "Land/Building Expansion Certificates" for building your 16x16 crow designs into 24x24 gazebo farms.

http://www.midgard-kontaktkreis.de/files/archeage/bigcrow.jpg

I would hope that the decision makers at Trion eg. Scott put the value of their company's reputation before the short term money grab that releasing such items can produce whilst damaging and crippling further both the ArcheAge game design concept along with Trion's and XL's organisation's reputation further on how they have provisioned for the release of ArcheAge.

May the release of the PTS be the first step to providing for the intended game design of ArcheAge and leave the exploiters ... Thunderstruck!

<Up ♥♥♥♥ creek without a paddle>

http://i.imgur.com/ycM66Fc.jpg

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?128570-Community-suggested-game-improvement-operations&p=1203963#post1203963

Cheers,
Sparkz/Viper

A message to those who wouldn't know what gaming was if it hit them in the back of the head like a tonne of bricks that participate on forums such as these (http://web.archive.org/web/20141124210504/http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?128615-Where-i-can-find-hacks-and-xploits-the-compedium-of-forums), just remember there are those of us who also participate on such forums as doubles who work at resolving the flawed mechanics being exploited as well as detection methods for exposing those who are using such exploits;

You would never guess who they are ... (http://www.ipvanish.com/) ... (http://www.expressvpn.com/) ... (http://www.purevpn.com/) ... (http://www.hidemyass.com/) ... (http://www.expressvpn.com/) ... (http://airvpn.org/) so good luck to the non-gaming cheats out there. I look forward to your BanAge! and ArcheRage! shortly thereafter in time to come.

http://web.archive.org/web/20141125060702/http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?125775-Producers-Update-5-Into-the-Holidays-and-Beyond!/page19

Franc Kaos
11-25-2014, 12:54 AM
Would yourself (Firecait), Scapes and any other relevant members of the ArcheAge team consider doing something along these lines to establish a stronger link between US/EU Trion/ArcheAge and its community.
The five stages of grief: Denial / Anger / Bargaining / Depression / Acceptance.
I personally am just leaving the fourth part (the worst), and beginning to accept the truth - Archeage will never get better. Good luck.
:(

Amasis
11-25-2014, 01:10 AM
Really looking forward to seeing the Timber Coupe design in Mirage Isle for 800 gilda stars. It means all those vocation badges I saved for the car can now be used on chum... Kappa

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-25-2014, 02:02 AM
The five stages of grief: Denial / Anger / Bargaining / Depression / Acceptance.
I personally am just leaving the fourth part (the worst), and beginning to accept the truth - Archeage will never get better. Good luck.
:(

Well I appreciate "your situation" in knowing where "your limits" are in relation to where "you draw the line", give up and walk away, accepting whatever truth in your belief system's structure that helps you sleep better at night and gives you the ability to free yourself, let go and move on;

So with that I say thankyou for the good luck, even though it is not required. Luck is a fools errand.

Perserverance and being systematic in what you are doing is what gets things done, not luck.

Requesting consideration is not bargaining even though you may perceive it to be this way from your viewpoint. Bargaing from my viewpoint is when one compromises on something eventually agreeing on an outcome and not making a request for something to be considered.

Now that we have defined this, your ....

Do not come into play for myself.

I am not in grief, I am disappointed though understand why things have gone wrong whilst factoring in all elements from design flaws on XL's part, through to provisioning and mnagement of policies and procedures on Trions part through to the biggest factor which outstrips both the prior mentioned exponentially, us the players, both legit and the exploiters amongst us cheating their fellow participants in ArcheAge. (And not missing taking into consideration the lateral legit item trader RMT communities that have been around since UO and also the lateral RMT gold seller sweatshops from Asia through to Romania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_farming))

Never the less, do not try to tag me with your values, I am happy for you to express your opinion of how you feel about your situation and how you will be handling your affairs from here on in in relation to the such.

I differ in that tomorrow my birthday at 38yrs and this will be my 25th year of proper online gaming. How do I know this? It is when I got my first real PC for my 13th. Prior I had small PCs, eg. Atari-xx00s, BBC Micro, VIC20, Commodore64, Amiga, XT with CGA graphics.

So I have seen a lot way before WoW and the UO era of online games;

I am also a supporter of to be released titles, as stated here previously (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?124275-EZI-Server-%28Offering-under-consideration-Feedback-please%29-Marketplace-items-for-gold-service.&p=1182045#post1182045).

My tolerance is low in relation to how middle & upper management @ Trion handles their affairs (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?124275-EZI-Server-%28Offering-under-consideration-Feedback-please%29-Marketplace-items-for-gold-service.&p=1189732&viewfull=1#post1189732);

However wiht that being said, I also have seen such rough launches before and how things can improve.

Some examples, even for games which are not MMOs.

Released as Dino Beatdown Originally - Great concept, failed miserably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GIDBdhFD50

Developers and small community that worked to improving the design and resolving the flaws ...
Now released and as a major hit too, quite a fun game to play in comparison to the original release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rNx9xQAgQA

And still going strong with constant updates and improvements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oAQfhyLkGI

The latest is Orion - Dino: Prelude, which includes a cashshop ;)

Second Example, a sandbox game with tutorial themepark questlines to teach you what can be done:
Egosoft X-Rebirth, seen as a failure by the mass market upon release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRwj_Vu80m0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bb_jCP1mJo

Reviews here > http://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/reviews/

Again, Egosoft and a small community saw the flaws and have perservered to improving the game. How things are shaping up for 3.0 release in early December. Many have done the backflip on how things are going and are quite enjoying the game now > http://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/discussions/0/613941122593288671/

My point being is that even though you may feel this way about something and lack the confidence, faith and will power to contribute constructively towards positive progress forward in improving what is on offer (Even with the potential option that "may" still under consideration between Trion & XL for US/EU re-release);

It does not mean others must wear that same evaluation/critical stance on where things may lead with ArcheAge.

With that being said, each person is an individual with differing life experiences and skill sets. Try to be considerate of this in your attempt to pigeonhole & impress your definition of where others are at. (Re - Quoting part of my post and offering the 5 steps of grief).

I could do the same in relation to crushing/deflating ones own ego, deconstructing ones own belief system and then the unravelling process which follows in becoming real, eventually resurfacing and starting to from there on in live conciously and in the moment, taking responsibility for ones own actions and ownership for any consequences those actions may produce along with their knock on effects that are usually not foreseen by most as they are too busy with their ownselves (seeing past their own ego and/or circumstances) to be considerate of others around them;

This is something very powerful and also something that most can not handle, hence will not like looking into that mirror of reflection, into you see me, into me see you.

Or as stated where, what one person sees and dislikes in another is something that they dislike about themselves. If this were not the case it would not bother them as they would have let go of this already within themselves.

Personally I do not give up so easily on a concept that has true potential attached, whether others can see it or not. I do however know where to draw the line on things, yet i have not reached this point.

Ref > http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?10392-I-heard-this-game-failed-in-korea-can-anyone-confirm&p=1206790&viewfull=1#post1206790

Thanks though, "your position/stance" is noted.

Cheers,
Sparkz

Strongwang
11-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Lots of cool videos, hopefully this will all be out soon

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-25-2014, 03:28 AM
Lots of cool videos, hopefully this will all be out soon

Aye, hopefully PTS first.

Some other things in the works too and some ready for release soon.

Pegasus Mount (Flying):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDpc_4H4Euc

Dolphin mount (Water):

I post this one as it uses Lindsey's music "Stars Align" (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?7464-Feedback-AA-West-will-fail.&p=1143449&viewfull=1#post1143449), the legend that she has become ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA9PA1tO-q0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ZjOnwXlXU

Also some other upcoming things in the works, mountable world bosses and more (including a rework on submarine, vehicles, props etc) ;)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=628710553883614&set=vb.263689420385731&type=2&theater

Franc Kaos
11-25-2014, 09:05 AM
A lot of stuff... Cheers, Sparkz
Wow! A very nice post, thank you (not being sarcastic). I pray the game does get better, I still have patron until Xmas and seeing this has been my favourite MMO (apart from Star Trek Online which I love), ever! I'm keeping an eye on it, your positivity is fairly infectious (almost wished you work for Trion).
My MMO history is very brief, compared to yours, I 'came out' for Elder Scrolls Online' hated it, and saw immediately what theme park meant and knew it wasn't for me. Have since played SWTOR, The Secret World & Rift, enjoying the stories but pretty much playing solo. Archeage is the first MMO where I got to level 50, met a great social guild and started seeing what the excitement was in online games - but the freedom in AA! Gliding across the landscape, going fishing and just chatting over Teamspeak, crafting things for guild members, getting help building my first cart, but then the exploits, the hacks (I'm learning that bots seem to be par for the course in online games), the terrible customer service, random crashes, the cash shop debacle...
Unrelated note, X Rebirth looks good, kind'a waiting for Elite: Dangerous tho'. Peace.

Kitsunami
11-25-2014, 11:15 AM
see over two million players interacting with each other -

Ridiculous. Evidence to back up your stats. Two million ACTIVE players? Not a chance. My server (Tahyang) is severely lacking people. Of my 72 members, only about 10 still play actively and we've moved them to another guild to merge for their benefit. I only play once a week now just to pay taxes for my land.

We'll also turn on a couple of holiday-themed events and goodies that will be available to players

Selling boxes is not an event. You keep using that word, do you even know what it means? How can your team on this game be so foolish! Event's in Trove and Rift are player interaction based, not cash shop. What's wrong with you people?
event
ɪˈvɛnt/Submit
noun

a thing that happens or takes place, especially one of importance.
"the momentous political events of the late 1980s"

a planned public or social occasion.
"staff have been holding a number of events to raise money for charity"
synonyms: occurrence, happening, proceeding, episode, incident, affair, circumstance, occasion, business, matter, experience, eventuality, phenomenon; More
each of several particular contests making up a sports competition.
;

What's the point here? You didn't even acknowledge the exploits and abuse that you have refused to roll-back on or fix.

You have managed to push away some incredibly dedicated fans already. I love this game, but i do not love what you are doing with it. Honestly, as press and as a designer i have seen some incredible mess ups and mishandling but Trion's handling of ArcheAge is reminiscent of the way Vanguard saga of heroes was handled by sony.

Very disappointing.

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Wow! A very nice post, thank you (not being sarcastic). I pray the game does get better, I still have patron until Xmas and seeing this has been my favourite MMO (apart from Star Trek Online which I love), ever! I'm keeping an eye on it, your positivity is fairly infectious (almost wished you work for Trion).
My MMO history is very brief, compared to yours, I 'came out' for Elder Scrolls Online' hated it, and saw immediately what theme park meant and knew it wasn't for me. Have since played SWTOR, The Secret World & Rift, enjoying the stories but pretty much playing solo. Archeage is the first MMO where I got to level 50, met a great social guild and started seeing what the excitement was in online games - but the freedom in AA! Gliding across the landscape, going fishing and just chatting over Teamspeak, crafting things for guild members, getting help building my first cart, but then the exploits, the hacks (I'm learning that bots seem to be par for the course in online games), the terrible customer service, random crashes, the cash shop debacle...
Unrelated note, X Rebirth looks good, kind'a waiting for Elite: Dangerous tho'. Peace.

Hey Franc Kaos,

Thanks for the kind words and appreciate the feedback.

Yes, XR has its issues, amongst the constant excessive negativity across forums, we kept pushing on forward with ideas and suggestions to improve gameplay and various mechanics and elements in XR. I too am a backer of ED on kickstarter, 1k usd pledge of support, however I am concerned with various elements in ED being very big and open however big is not always better, it lacks a lot of substance too. This of course will improve over time.

Ref > http://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/discussions/0/613937306855356535/?tscn=1412902232#c613938693095338341

I also use various designs on a conceptual level to demonstrate how it could potentially be better done as you can see from the above linked information (Warning wall-o-text with relevant videos for reading breaks). In this case taking ED concepts and demonstrating how things can be improved in XR's gameplay to provide for a greater level of immersive & emergent gameplay in the sandbox environment. Mostly through demonstration of concepts offering a greater level of suspension of dis-belief bringing it a "touch closer to reality" of what one can expect in real space.

Here is a video explaining how suspension of disbelief works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHrTTgmB_3w

Lately though I have been going a bit crazy with investment into Star Citizen (Also using Cry3Engine), it has not outstripped the recent input into Shroud of the Avatar (http://steamcommunity.com/app/326160) yet though getting closer, now at 4k worth of ships and other goodies, including the battlepack set as my intial pledge (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/Battle-Pack).

Hmmm which reminds me of an amusing bug relating to the chairman/CEO :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=419rL2h5vCk

Never the less, I believe Star Citizen will offer a lot more than ED long term, however ED will be out long before SC in terms of gold release.

Here is some of the lastest developments from SC ..

Initially in its pre-alpha test phase ... Ground based lighting etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaFSd-ezQc

And of course, Chris demonstrating what will come to pass in relation to ground based life in SC's persistent AI driven universe.
(Yes there are planets to explore, 41 mil usd pledged stretch goal achieved earlier this year (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13783-Letter-From-The-Chairman-41-Million))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGLE3USB2U

Aanyway, thanks for the vote of confidence, I am using the above to demonstrate that developments and improvements will take time to implement, test and deploy. XL can not do everything at once so must prioritise, along with other commitments made to publishers, for example - Civ Online proposed release date etc.

As far as ArcheAge/Trion & XL US/EU offering is concerned. It is not time to hang up our hats yet!

I noticed this morning, yay! I am 1 year older at 38 today, no grey hairs so all good, that APEX has been disabled from the market again.

This demonstrates that Trion are concerned and are working to eliminate other potential and/or discovered loopholes.

Take Care,
Sparkz/Viper

PS. I may see you in ED or SC one day ;)

Silarwen
11-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Hopefully in time, with the introduction of the PTS and with a bit of forward thinking and honesty on all side included into the mix we together as a community can bring Trion/ArcheAge's image to being something more along these lines;

That is without laying blame on to others (Outward blaming) whos fault what is, instead taking ownership of the issues to affect change (Taking responsibility) we can all together achieve this image again for Trion/ArcheAge instead of the present day Tri 'n/Wreckage image we have now

Also refinements that will be needed for the esculating tax system upto 5 weeks paid in advance;

Along with Trion's single glyph account policy to match the intended escualtive tax certificate placement & costing design of ArcheAge as to not give one player a huge cashshop and/or gold used to purchase tax certificates advantage by needing a lot less due to multi-accounts over another who plays as intended, 1 glyph account used per participant (Multi from the same household locked until verified);

A fair and balanced system that all use (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?121720-Land-Grabbing-Stereotyping&p=1146415&viewfull=1#post1146415) - Equality!

http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/78/6b/9def2311726f37cb9bc97f7e11cbae0a/theme/e439e14a14ad15d2d86279010bbcf055867.jpg

And please do not forget the "Land/Building Expansion Certificates" for building your 16x16 crow designs into 24x24 gazebo farms.

http://www.midgard-kontaktkreis.de/files/archeage/bigcrow.jpg

I would hope that the decision makers at Trion eg. Scott put the value of their company's reputation before the short term money grab that releasing such items can produce whilst damaging and crippling further both the ArcheAge game design concept along with Trion's and XL's organisation's reputation further on how they have provisioned for the release of ArcheAge.

May the release of the PTS be the first step to providing for the intended game design of ArcheAge and leave the exploiters ... Thunderstruck!

<Up ♥♥♥♥ creek without a paddle>

http://i.imgur.com/ycM66Fc.jpg

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?128570-Community-suggested-game-improvement-operations&p=1203963#post1203963

Cheers,
Sparkz/Viper

A message to those who wouldn't know what gaming was if it hit them in the back of the head like a tonne of bricks that participate on forums such as these (http://web.archive.org/web/20141124210504/http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?128615-Where-i-can-find-hacks-and-xploits-the-compedium-of-forums), just remember there are those of us who also participate on such forums as doubles who work at resolving the flawed mechanics being exploited as well as detection methods for exposing those who are using such exploits;

You would never guess who they are ... (http://www.ipvanish.com/) ... (http://www.expressvpn.com/) ... (http://www.purevpn.com/) ... (http://www.hidemyass.com/) ... (http://www.expressvpn.com/) ... (http://airvpn.org/) so good luck to the non-gaming cheats out there. I look forward to your BanAge! and ArcheRage! shortly thereafter in time to come.

http://web.archive.org/web/20141125060702/http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?125775-Producers-Update-5-Into-the-Holidays-and-Beyond!/page19

I support and second that. Finally someone who is in some way quite like emotional invested in this game like me.
You wrote this because you care, because ArcheAge means something to you - and I hope they will get their things together in the future. Lack of communication with the community and especially the obvious lack of communication between developer and publisher. Fix it please Trion. You were known as a trustworthy company. Keep this going. Or regain some trust back.

And please, please hire staff, moderators for the forums - or at least some community officers.

I love ArcheAge so far, but thats why I am a person that define fun in a game I play not because of other peoples cheated or exploited stuff or some items which I had not achieved or was able to get yet.

Instead I am focussing on my own business and be proud of my efforts and working on my future goals ingame.

Set sail - to "not fail" this time. I am really looking forward to this.

And Trion: Please listen to people like him.

Have fun everybody. It is just a game :)

PS: English is not my native language. Apologies for...you know :)

Franc Kaos
11-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Hey Franc Kaos,
Thanks for the kind words and appreciate the feedback.
PS. I may see you in ED or SC one day ;)
Happy birthday Sparkz/Viper...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw9oTZgwDc4
I am also interested in Shroud of the Avatar (old Ultima lover - from 6 onwards), signed up and perusing the forums, but not made a commitment yet. But my handle is generally Franc Kaos, wherever I am.

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Happy birthday Sparkz/Viper...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw9oTZgwDc4
I am also interested in Shroud of the Avatar (old Ultima lover - from 6 onwards), signed up and perusing the forums, but not made a commitment yet. But my handle is generally Franc Kaos, wherever I am.

Hey good to know, once in I will contact you. My backing name is different from my forum/steam/raptr nicks.
Somewhat more private so I will not post it here. :)

Thanks for the BD wishes - Cool video. 8am here, so thinking of what I should do with myself today.
Hot though overcast, which is making it difficult to decide heh.

On SotA, it is a little different to UO, though will have many elements of the original UO intertwined as well which will be good.

Ferin
11-25-2014, 02:54 PM
So... about that PTS-only credit pool. Do you have to actually buy credits on the test server, similar to live, or are they given to us in order to test new items? Is it available for F2Ps or patrons only?

I foresee a few outcomes:
1. Either you can't purchase items from the marketplace with money, and it soon becomes a populated server - insinuating that it becomes more popular than live servers, I mean - to get away from the "P2W" mentality and player/guild whales;
Or,
2. You have to spend real money on a test server to test the game for Trino. You're not playing with your credits anymore, you're now more of a guinea pig than you already are.

Pagan
11-25-2014, 04:07 PM
So... about that PTS-only credit pool. Do you have to actually buy credits on the test server, similar to live, or are they given to us in order to test new items? Is it available for F2Ps or patrons only?

1. Either you can't purchase items from the marketplace with money, and it soon becomes a populated server - insinuating that it becomes more popular than live servers, I mean - to get away from the "P2W" mentality and player/guild whales;
Or,
2. You have to spend real money on a test server to test the game for Trino. You're not playing with your credits anymore, you're now more of a guinea pig than you already are.

BBM You mean like people did for Alpha/Beta(both in the Founder packs and separate credit pack purchases pre-launch) under the auspices of not only getting them back at launch, but also getting that 10% Discount for them?

Ferin
11-25-2014, 04:17 PM
BBM You mean like people did for Alpha/Beta(both in the Founder packs and separate credit pack purchases pre-launch) under the auspices of not only getting them back at launch, but also getting that 10% Discount for them?

Ding ding ding~~

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-25-2014, 05:30 PM

Or,

Recap on PTS deployment ... And to answer your question about market credits.

That is why we're pushing so hard on a Public Test Server for you right now and look forward to working with you there in the near future, even if it means updates may need a little more time to bake as we evaluate future deliveries there together.

so my question now is.
whats the E.T.A on a public test server. as trust me you need one. every decent game these days has one.

As mentioned, we're bringing the PTS online internally today. Once it passes muster and we establish a method for bringing player characters over to it (or simply buffing new ones to max level), we'll announce it broadly.

Will it work similar to World of Tanks test server where users have a certain amount of credits to test cash shop items ? Because otherwise it would be a futile attempt and if you expect people to use their actual credits on a test server then you're mad

Currently, Credits are shared across the live servers and PTS. This is not ideal functionality as part of the purpose of a PTS is to test the Marketplace (though we do perform functionality tests on it internally). The goal is for Credit balances to be separated, one of the hurdles to getting the PTS live.

Search is your friend,
Cheers,
Sparkz.

Jaguar
11-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Any word on when the other 2 cars will come back in? :x Waiting patiently for that Timber Coupe to come back in because I've got all the materials together to assemble it.

PunchNinja
11-25-2014, 06:16 PM
I am not concerned with everything being pushed to us quickly. The game is years old in other regions and I am glad to catch up to the rest.

Besides, there isn't a thing worth doing in Auroria without Level 55, Diamond Shores, and the Library. Serpentis is the obvious exception but limited to 5 times before going on cooldown. Since they ♥♥♥♥♥ the loot tables of local mobs, it's pointless to spend time there.

GmailTest
11-26-2014, 12:17 AM
What you have accomplished is a lot of rage, frustration and tears for the awesome, but deeply flawed game, I seriously doubt that they actually have 2M users, those are the same numbers they advertised when they launched.

companies count all of their accounts

that doesnt necessarily mean they are active players this also includes banned accounts and alts

VivaLaKitty
11-26-2014, 12:26 AM
yea.. new mount that does tricks. is this gonna be just like the new battle pet that was SUPPOSED to be in boxes to replace the ursun bear "more sinister and seasonal" ... like you said ???
Come'on Trion ! stop blowing smoke up our ♥♥♥♥♥ !!

Candy
11-26-2014, 01:48 AM
You seem like a cool guy sparks and happy birthday. I hope Trion does turn this game around for better... mostly because there's nothing else I want to play right now. Pssshhhh. But really this is a great game with a lot of potential.

Demrocks
11-26-2014, 02:18 AM
You are clueless. I pity you. Mail.ru AA release was failed as disaster, but its nothing compared to severity of what we expirienced with Trion here. The game IS dead, since cheating and exploiting and bots already ruined an economy and at this point there is no way to ever fix it. Just past week 3 major guilds quit my server (with their farewell topics being deleted from the forums and guild leaders posting it banned from forums) and online overall (one of most active EU servers) seems dead drop. Others asking why they should continue playing the game since there is no good prospects for the future whatsoever. The last card in the sleeve Trion had was lvl55 and they use it now asap trying to keep people playing not understanding that at this moment it will only further ruin the game.

Sure, i can stop whining and quit, so can my guild - and you`d have one less of major pvp guilds on server created for pvp with many others already quite and others quiting since no competition and anything to do.

People were excited for this game, prepared through KR, played at RU AA, beta tested and wished to remain here for years. All futile. I love the game and i`d love it to be main game for YEARS as was stated, but so far its been disaster through disaster. The game could be renamed to betting sim of "Trions Next ♥♥♥♥ Up 2014".

And this Dev update, in face of most major AA crisis so far (which is just an icing on a cake of every previous one really), is but an insult. And to top that, releasing lvl55 update 3-4 months after release and 1-2 months after Auroria opening indicates they have absolutely no clue about the game they publish and will continue doing same mistakes over and over, same as with hasla T3.

If you are casual player that just logs into AA to plant some things and sail around for 10 minutes for fun on F2P account, sure you`ll might have some fun. For all other purposes - the game is dead. Let alone the disaster of headstart, auroria failures at NA, botting, blatant 3rd party hacking and worst than all regions Marketplace policies and game support - the revelation of the gamebreaking economy exploits existing for MONTHS, nominal suspending people with not nearly (but it`s already impossible at this point) fixing impact on economy, rumbling tree, hasla t3 release, resulting population drop because of all above and other stuff i could list for pages - makes the game dead as what it was designed to be and attracted most people and guilds for: competitive sandbox with good economy, pvp and warfare.

At this point no effort they`ll make will really "save" the game, but least they could have tried to save face somehow, but it seems the only thing to expect is what will be the next ♥♥♥♥ up (also its pretty clear after this letter).

The only way to somewhat salvage this wreck would be doing like Final Fantasy XIV - taking it down and relaunching.

This man speaks to truth and nothing but the truth.
I was looking forward to play Archeage for years to come.
But the way Trion is handling this mmo is a disgrace......

They needed to pace this mmo and starting with pre 1.0 Archeage and let it mature.
They rushed in every patch and mixed patches ontop of each other that did tons of damage.
The exploiters caused serious economic damage beyond repair and got away with it.

High end PVP guilds left disapointed, that was our competition. our contend.
I dont play this mmo to play Farmville, i play this mmo for pvp and what is left when all pvp guilds quit ?

Trion could have prevented tons of ♥♥♥♥ups if they would have tested this on the ALPHA SERVER <------ Where people payed 150 EURO TO TEST PATCHES <-----
Yet they used LIVE servers as a facking TEST SERVER and ruined the whole mmo into a trainwreck beyond repair.

I still play this game untill our guild runs out of pvp contend, but man i will never forget how Trion made an Abomination from this mmo that could have been the best mmo release in a decade.
Greed and incompetence ruined this mmo, nothing else.

Well spoken preacher <3 ^^

dracolife
11-26-2014, 02:57 AM
stop guilde big people used bots, cheat, hack, exploit bug
you kill the game

Frintezza
11-26-2014, 03:38 AM
It is sad to see, how fast can ruin the the most versatile game concept of the year. I think total amateur leaders manage the ArcheAge subsidiary.

Kalebx
11-26-2014, 06:44 AM

Why the hell are you releasing the Comet Speedster design for Gilda stars in Mirage. It is supposed to be attainable through HONOR. The whole point of having different cars attainable in different ways was to allow people to have some originality and make people have to deliberately choose which one they wanted to farm for. I spent a very very long time grinding out 150k vocation and now that I see you are releasing the honor car via Gilda stars am I to assume that you are going to do the same with the vocation badge one? All my time is wasted now?

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-26-2014, 09:20 AM
The KR version doesn't have that many hacks or bots for one simple reason. You have to register with your real life ID in KR.
Yes! With your ID. You can't do many shenningans when you can be identified in person.
When someone in KR gets caught cheating he can't play the game anymore, when he is not stealing someones ID, which gets you jailtime.
Also when he gets caught in KR you are banned from all other games. They have a blacklist.
See thats why you can program a ♥♥♥♥ty client in KR and get away with it.

Thats also the reason why russia is such a hack and botfest. The client is ♥♥♥♥ty in its core.

Credit where credit is due.

This is the exact thing I wanted to point out to Scott in a detailed letter I was going to write to his company. This won't be happening now since I have decided to ride things out till end of Jan before making a reassessment.

However for all those who missed this. This is exactly 100% the reason the coding in this game is LAX (https://www.google.com/#q=lax+meaning) with reference to the workflow process routine coding (coding principles) in the way the transaction server handles communicating with all the subsystems and updates to relevant databases are pretty much backwards.

See it as opening your door to leave your house to go to work and not closing that door after you have left and then being rest assured that your house is secured.

This is the way ArcheAge is coded right down to the core. There is no need to lock your front door, there is no need to even close it for that matter until you return home from work again. Why ? read again ...

The KR version doesn't have that many hacks or bots for one simple reason. You have to register with your real life ID in KR.
Yes! With your ID. You can't do many shenningans when you can be identified in person.
When someone in KR gets caught cheating he can't play the game anymore, when he is not stealing someones ID, which gets you jailtime.
Also when he gets caught in KR you are banned from all other games. They have a blacklist.

Hackshield is not an added layer of defense, it is the only defense and a very weak one at that, 3rd party bypass drivers are updated daily (several of them). You can see the Hackshield service, which I wrote about here - http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?74680-An-open-letter-to-Trion-Worlds-and-the-Archeage-gaming-community-concerning-Hack-Shield&p=1143744&viewfull=1#post1143744 as the security company guy who drives around the neighbourhood and occassional shines a light on an open door house to see if any perps may have entered, occassionally walking in and having a look around every dozen or so houses in the hope of statistically catching a bad guy, remember "some of the bad guys are using bypass drivers", their own or the several 3rd party ones updated daily that are available for Hackshield.

In other words, very LAX and poor coding principles have been used, the game uses cry3engine and runs extremely well due to XL's ability to optimise code which is coded in such a way that can run fast due to very little in terms of checks and measures being in place to stop security flaws that can be easily exploited.

And to make it clear again ...

You have to register with your real life ID in KR. (Jailtime if using someone elses)
Also when he gets caught in KR you are banned from all other games (No matter who the developer/publisher is). They have a blacklist.

Originally posted here > http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?129974-ATTN-FIRECAIT-SCAPES-please-tell-me-you-are-not-serious&p=1215511&viewfull=1#post1215511

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-26-2014, 09:35 AM
stop guilde big people used bots, cheat, hack, exploit bug
you kill the game

We will when we get onto the PTS to outline all the issues. It will take time however to have things reworked and recoded.

Do not expect the first PTS build to go live for at least 3 months and that is if your very lucky with XL rediverting the required development resources needed to make the required changes. Rest assured if Trion wants to save face and not look like complete arses in the long run, they will make sure this process occurs properly and in line with their company's "Duty of Care" policy.

Scott may seem pretty cool and laid back, he has had a lot of experience in the industry. However I guarantee you this IS the first time he has run into this situation as mentioned in my post above; So mind his cockiness in his replies here further down >

Scott's replies on Reddit earlier today > http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2neh6y/my_take_on_trions_banning_policy/

PS. I use the word cockiness to mean this (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cockiness&defid=1967453), it has no relation to the childishness on this forum earlier in relation to genitals >

Cockiness
A word people use to describe in others what they are lacking in themselves; which is an extreme confidence and comfort in any surround. To be cocky.
Person 1: Man that guy has some cockiness about him.
Person 2: Yea but he just walked in and everyone already loves him.

Nautilus
11-26-2014, 11:59 AM

^^ What this guy said. Total joke the way Trion and XL have handled this. It has almost felt like they were trying to kill this game on purpose. I'm positive there are a ton of people over at Trion literally ♥♥♥♥ting themselves right now. This has to be like a million miles past worst case scenario. Watching how other fail MMOs have done it suggests that right after the first of the year they will lay off about 60% of their staff, key members of the dev team will leave citing a need to spend more time with their families, but in reality they will have taken the jobs they are looking for as we speak and they will start working on ways to merge servers without calling it a merge. No idea how that's gonna work.

Trion this is bad, really bad. The sad thing is you were actually an OK and well liked MMO house. Rift gave you a good rep and Defiance didn't really hurt you too bad. Trove actually looks kind of neat and people actually have good things to say about it. ArcheAge though... in the end no one is going to hate XL. No one is even going to hate Archeage. In fact, what everyone is saying is, "Archeage is actually a really cool game. Too bad Trion is the worst company ever." Trion you let XL tempt you with a cash cow and you used that thing to strip the company of every last shred of good will the the gaming community had toward you. Not only have you failed in this Archeage endeavor, but you have pretty much tainted any games you want to foist on us in the future. "Trion" is very rapidly becoming synonymous with "Failure" in the minds of most of your potential customers.

This is such a shame. You were doing so well too. RIP Trion.

Verma
11-27-2014, 03:18 AM
about the pts people are claiming that that is where all players will migrate too seeing as you get free credits
but id like to point out that only those that Bought Patron with real money (not apex)
will be able to go on said PTS
(this would be the best case scenario)
bad case scenario its only for those that had Alpha Acces

trion please make sure that everyone knows Fully who or when others can join the PTS server

Noobzor
11-27-2014, 11:04 AM

yah 2m users 80% were all bots +

NiburuSUN
11-27-2014, 11:10 AM
As we approach the Holiday season, we thought that it would be good to see what we have accomplished so far

Ruined a promising Trippel A sandpark in order for a heavy pay to progress goal.

Adellain
12-04-2014, 03:58 AM

Many folks have/are/will be prophesizing the end of mmo's shortly after launch and yet so many survive and become stable (if low market share) games. Heard it all before. Not buying it.

Adellain
12-04-2014, 04:01 AM
It is sad to see, how fast can ruin the the most versatile game concept of the year. I think total amateur leaders manage the ArcheAge subsidiary.

What is sad imo, is the speed & efficiency at which pessimism and negativity spread...

Adellain
12-04-2014, 04:07 AM
I find it funny that a lot of people are saying the game is dying and people are leaving in droves. I am not really seeing that in game. Sure a lot of housing / land is expiring so people can get some land finally, but last night my guild (I am not the guild leader) and I camped some 'stinking elves' in hellswamp and halcyon and ended up liberating a nice fat merchant ship that the reds obviously stole :) There was all sorts of activity on the coast and seas last night - most I've seen in a while. While I am not a PVPer by nature, I find the change of pace from playing farmville (where I spend the bulk of my labor) and attacking the enemy and liberating trade packs very fun. We get on our TS server and chat and kill reds.

The game is dying ??? Not sure either way, but on my server people are still very active and fighting. And more importantly - having fun.. which I believe is why we play these games. I don't play to be the best - I play to have fun. When I stop having fun with my online friends I will find another game like I have before. But with new content coming and more reds to kill and trade packs to liberate I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And for the trolls - I was one of the many who was 'locked out' during the Aurora blitz and missed the entire release. Sure I was mad, but I got over it and am back to having fun. AA isn't perfect but hell, no game is perfect.

Completely agree. I also think that those who keep 'spewing' that the game is dying, are disappointed players, who come from organized guilds/groups who had specific expectations coming into this game, which have not been met. That's fair enough. However there are many new folk registering and beginning their journey daily. A player flow/turnover is not necessarily an unhealthy thing (opens up land abit to newbies/solo players). The player base is clearly divided and not all can be appeased at the same time imo. Nowadays MMO's do not focus solely on the 'hardcore' minority (with a few exceptions such as EvE etc).
Lets not forget the titles who have turned it around despite 'dying' straight after release... swtor & sto for example. FF is also an example, although that method used is unlikely to happen here.

BADEVIL
12-04-2014, 05:13 AM
After what I read in this announcement I think now is the time to consider quitting this game.

This is a good Time to back Real Life

Someone said that decision made by Publisher is not killing this game please tell this 250 PPL from my guild who left GAME already.

I stay with Tou trion till January 10 2015 on that day ends my ARCHEUM Patron status, I think you need to prepare for a big Crisis lots of players ends his big ADVENTURE WITH TRION for good.

But till that day I wait for some good decisions from your side.

Adellain
12-04-2014, 07:16 AM
After what I read in this announcement I think now is the time to consider quitting this game.

This is a good Time to back Real Life

Someone said that decision made by Publisher is not killing this game please tell this 250 PPL from my guild who left GAME already.

I stay with Tou trion till January 10 2015 on that day ends my ARCHEUM Patron status, I think you need to prepare for a big Crisis lots of players ends his big ADVENTURE WITH TRION for good.

But till that day I wait for some good decisions from your side.

Guess that's one way to free up the land a little and reduce queues at peak times. Too bad though that so many of 'your' guildies have left :(

Stickyfinger
12-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Just waiting to hear about this compensation for all the down time, but nope, they keep going with items to be bought...

http://i.imgur.com/EP3uIlY.gif

unitypixie
12-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Just waiting to hear about this compensation for all the down time, but nope, they keep going with items to be bought...

http://i.imgur.com/EP3uIlY.gif

^^^^^ this

Drephin
12-04-2014, 08:56 AM
so i guess its safe to assume we can look forward to another server breaking update right around the holiday time when everyone is off work and school with nothing planned except vegging out on AA. more disappointment....

On the bright side , a lvl cap increase coming in the next few weeks means i dont have to worry too much about wasting time farming hasla for t2 or t3 weapons. most likely they will be replaced with something better at lvl 55. thoughts?

Danathar
12-04-2014, 08:56 AM
I dont give a crap about what's coming next! Show me the so call compensation for the losses for 3 days downtime!!

Jellywash
12-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Is this what is going to be the compensation, something that already has hit a storyboard in some conference office or conference call and was approved by the team members for development. What generous compensation is coming? That was promised by your staff.

Voluntaris
12-04-2014, 09:31 AM
I continue to enjoy playing ArcheAge daily, as it is incredibly fun/interesting, and plan on continuing to play for many months (if not years) to come.

As with any new MMO release, there are going to be technical issues (new to this region), and while some of the issues have been irritating, they have not negatively impacting me all that much.

ArcheAge is awesome and I can't wait for the lvl 55 cap to be released. It's going to make so many more interesting builds viable resulting in even more fun/excitement.

I guess this makes me a so called "white knight" for actually enjoying the game and not having the same exact preferences as all the griefers that feel the need to constantly remind everyone on the forums that they're quitting. So be it.

Malicent
12-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Greetings Adventurers!

Preview of what we have coming up!

We also have a few more updates for the Marketplace in November - including the Farm Hauler upgrade ticket and a new mount that does somersaults.

We'll turn on a couple of holiday-themed events and goodies that will be available to players - including reindeer ears, holiday themed skins for your Farm Wagons and candy cane weapons!

- Victoria

OMG, I CAN'T WAIT!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

yeah

Stickyfinger
12-04-2014, 10:15 AM
OMG, I CAN'T WAIT!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

yeah

http://i.imgur.com/E1uNvCj.gif

Kitario
12-04-2014, 10:21 AM
You guys do realize that this is a thread that was posted before this past weekend, right? They didn't post it after, like some of your posts seem to be implying. Don't get me wrong, I'm upset and waiting to see what type of compensation they are going to be offering as well. And am also debating whether to stay or move on.. Just saying you all should breathe and look at the dates of original posts before getting your feathers ruffled more than they already are... :p

princess
12-04-2014, 10:43 AM
You guys do realize that this is a thread that was posted before this past weekend, right? They didn't post it after, like some of your posts seem to be implying. Don't get me wrong, I'm upset and waiting to see what type of compensation they are going to be offering as well. And am also debating whether to stay or move on.. Just saying you all should breathe and look at the dates of original posts before getting your feathers ruffled more than they already are... :p

Add me to the list of people who are considering moving on. Just tired of the constant stream of exploits which are ignored by XL. In retrospect, I should have paid much greater attention to whoever mentioned early on, that the developers of AA had already started work on a new game. That should have told me that they had no intention of finishing or supporting their game. Lesson learned...

I won't be burned again though... this is the first and last time I bother throwing money (several hundred dollars worth) at a multi-player online game.

Fritzinger
12-04-2014, 10:50 AM
I am a long time gamer like many of us. I have seen games I loveda dearly in decline and they all share one thing in common in my limited experience... there are few, if any, concrete plans for the future. I see this game growing, not shrinking. The company is allocating more resources to it, not less. I see them actively planning and implementing new content. I am encouraged by this activity and look forward to a long life for AA.

Trolls will be trolls. We're still waaay to early in the life cycle of this game to be writing obituaries yet.

daita
12-04-2014, 11:16 AM
more resources or more items in the cash shop !?

Anachronox
12-04-2014, 11:18 AM
...So you are trying to justify some of the positive things that happened since launch and gloat about them while ignoring all the issues ?

You guys messed this great game up so bad from what it was in alpha 1.0 . Thanks for teaching me not to buy anything else from your failed company, I would suggest for everyone there to look for new jobs also since your company won't last long they way you treat your customers....they are not mushrooms.

Loonloon
12-04-2014, 11:35 AM
This is awesome news,
I really look forward to improve my healer build and get some amazing mounts, hopefuly able to marry in game too.

Hope the Pegasus will come on soon and the Dolphin mount that was presented on other servers on youtube

Also Candy weapons were the best thing happening in the times of Guild wars - i can't wait ! :) Thanks for the update and the great work Firecat, i know you're having hard time to get it all together just please don't listen to the kids.

Your faithful community will stay here for a long long time until archeage will totaly fade away and if any game can or will ever be able to replace it.

I look forward to check everything :)

stamgast
12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
well al this crap and nice talk wont help you a bit.
i love the game . but i wont be playing it any more becouse of your crappy Customer service. i have never been insulted like that before by a gaming company and i am 36. so i dealth with a fair few.
this also had nothing to do with being banned. and i wont go into it.
lie i sad im very disapointed. and if this games Publisher . had better customer support. that new what they were doing. then this prob would be a great game. anywayz. bye AA. h ope you will still be tehre in a couple moths. im just afraid you aint.

P.s if anybody is interested. my Farms(s) run out soon.
Lilith hill. have fun ya all. It was a rush for a wile

Cyno
12-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Wow... you guys are really finally going to release a Public Test Server? I have to say I'm impressed. You guys might turn things around for once. The community is kind of butt-hurt. But guys they are releasing a PTS, this can be the chance to really have them listen to us and change updates to how the community sees it! If not wth would they release a pts in the first place??

Rubber
12-04-2014, 12:23 PM
what happen with the generous compensation?

GeneralDiscontent
12-04-2014, 12:36 PM
what happen with the generous compensation?

They are generously allowing us to sit and wait on their bread crumbs.

RazvanNicu
12-04-2014, 12:37 PM
this game is awesome and i love it ... stop saying that u gonna leave this game u know that's not true

GeneralDiscontent
12-04-2014, 12:38 PM
this game is awesome and i love it ... stop saying that u gonna leave this game u know that's not true

LOL. You do realize that at least half the server populations have left in the last month right?

Rubber
12-04-2014, 12:51 PM
LOL. You do realize that at least half the server populations have left in the last month right?

Last 3 days

Rubber
12-04-2014, 12:53 PM
and if they honor quickly the promise of compensation maybe they will stop the leak

Solanthus
12-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Wow... you guys are really finally going to release a Public Test Server? I have to say I'm impressed. You guys might turn things around for once. The community is kind of butt-hurt. But guys they are releasing a PTS, this can be the chance to really have them listen to us and change updates to how the community sees it! If not wth would they release a pts in the first place??

PTS is likely going to be 100% for bug fixes, not for player suggestions on game balance/ new features.

You really think this game will ever be anything but a pay to win cash shop game?

just4me
12-04-2014, 07:47 PM
yea, maybe you're right. this game is never gonna get better, no sense in trying to change that. I'll just continue to speak with my purse and not purchase from the cash shop.

I had hoped things would change. but with the white knights and people accepting everything Trion does as wonderful, it wont. ... so back to sitting on courthouse pews waiting for labor to acumulate, while actually playing another game, or playing forum AA.

post edited

primuspilus
12-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Fixed it for ya

Yet you're still here....looks like is not so bad then.

Rha3gar
12-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Yet you're still here....looks like is not so bad then.

It is bad. People enduring with AA doesn't mean trion is doing good. Have you ever seen another company releasing more content in a beta, just to take it off at the release and then give you back that same content " damaged " ? Koreans to reach the slaughter of population amount on their servers took 2 years, while we took 2 months.

Sulivan
12-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Hello everyone and FireCait,

Like a fair amount of you guys, I took advantage of the actual thunderstruck market and I decided to build myself a car.
I have chosen the red one : Comet Speedster which the design was originally available at the Honor vendor for 50k honor points.
I have almost everything ready in my warehouse but the design and I started to farm the honor required for it.
But I found this post from you, FireCait, after doing some research on the forum.

So I just wanted to make sure if this statement, about the currency changes for the blueprints, was real or just misinformation (sorry don't hate me but it already happened in the past several time).

50k honor or 800 gilda stars, doesn't matter to me to farm one or the other. But farm both just to make sure I get the plan right away after the update would just overburn me.
That's why a little word from FireCait or anyone who has access to official sources about the matter would be really appreciate.

I would love to just wait the next update, download it, log in, buy the design and then just make my way to the closest carpentry workbench to build the car instead of waiting longer because I didn't farm the right currency for the design.

And I'm sure that a bunch of people want to know if it's the same deal with the Timber Coupe design which was usually available for 150k vocation points at the Blue Salt vendor.

Thank you in advance FireCait.

Adellain
12-06-2014, 05:15 AM

Simple to claim without proof of official numbers to back it up imo.
Still, more land cant be a bad thing...

Adellain
12-06-2014, 05:17 AM
Trolls will be trolls. We're still waaay to early in the life cycle of this game to be writing obituaries yet.

Well said +1 :)

kaoti
12-06-2014, 12:13 PM

when worker compensation potions are 30g+ and taxes are 1g per cert, land isnt worth using or owning.

Adellain
12-06-2014, 06:46 PM
when worker compensation potions are 30g+ and taxes are 1g per cert, land isnt worth using or owning.

For recent arrivals wanting to experience the 'homestead' part, land is an important part of the game imo.

Auss
12-07-2014, 07:53 PM
I can't wait so excited !

jnicholas
12-07-2014, 09:26 PM

There will be no more land. Unless you have the ability to "grab" land. So, have a nice day