PDA

View Full Version : Is this as intended? No house but can still port to my farm?

sobrien
11-24-2014, 07:12 AM
This was an accident on my behalf because I hesitated in removing my house for weeks as I enjoyed the port function that house provides, but I finally bit the bullet and removed my house and laid down a farm and was resigned to the short run to get there in future.
The next day I actually forgot the change and still had the location in my book so I ported and wow it took me straight to my farm!
I played Alpha, beta and hadn't heard of this so it came as surprise. I'm not sure if this is working as intended but wanted to share it with all as I hadn't seen this discussed on the forums before.
Now I'm off to delete my other house, enjoy!

Josef
11-24-2014, 07:13 AM
yes, if you save the port location then remove the house, you will still have the port location saved :)

Magetroll
11-24-2014, 07:16 AM
"Emergent game play"

cl2azy
11-24-2014, 07:21 AM
The Flexibility of this game is real! So real, did you know about the flexibility of the apex plox? or the land grab plox or the etc....????

Amasis
11-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Yes this is possible. If you also have an properties that you have sold to your own faction or the opposite faction, you still have the ability to teleport to that location regardless of whether a structure exists there or not. As long as it is recorded in your teleport book.

Just imagine post 1.7 when houses on Freedich are removed and we see an official announcement from Trion how much they have improved the game by removing the houses so people cannot teleport there. Imagine what is going to happen? yes the locations will still be recorded in their teleport books.

Doonot
11-24-2014, 07:40 AM
I seem to be unable to teleport to houses I have recorded in the past :/ Something to do with permissions perhaps?

Gobblepuff
11-24-2014, 08:12 AM
This is working as intended, stop complaining about it. Or do you idiots really want to sucker Trion into "fixing" it?

jahlon
11-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Yes this is possible. If you also have an properties that you have sold to your own faction or the opposite faction, you still have the ability to teleport to that location regardless of whether a structure exists there or not. As long as it is recorded in your teleport book.

Just imagine post 1.7 when houses on Freedich are removed and we see an official announcement from Trion how much they have improved the game by removing the houses so people cannot teleport there. Imagine what is going to happen? yes the locations will still be recorded in their teleport books.

Yup. Major reason why I have a port there.

Amasis
11-25-2014, 03:18 AM
I seem to be unable to teleport to houses I have recorded in the past :/ Something to do with permissions perhaps?

Well I sold a house to the opposite faction, and have often teleported to it cross continent. Just make sure you have enough hereafter stones.

fleabite
11-25-2014, 06:17 AM
Be careful as it is possible to teleport into a tree / plant that wasn't there when you set the location up from your house. If this happens, you sometimes get stuck and have to reload / unstick your character

Zheo
11-25-2014, 06:31 AM

I have recorded a spot in someones house who is pirate and it seems i cannot use the recorded spot while not in same family. There is some kind of permission system that exists for sure.

sassoonss
11-25-2014, 06:34 AM
happened to me in alpha

Proton
11-25-2014, 06:43 AM

They changed it so that you can't port to a location you don't have permissions. It was in the patch no....hahahahahahaha