PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Savings Come to ArcheAge!

Kiwibird
11-26-2014, 12:28 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/11/blackfriday_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/11/26/black-friday-sale/)

Black Friday savings are coming to ArcheAge with many of the Marketplace items available at 20% off for a limited time!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/11/26/black-friday-sale/)

luk4433
11-26-2014, 12:42 PM
Trion please we are laughing at you! Your game is dying, bugs everywhere, sieges broken, bots rampant and you are more focused on forcing update after update on your damn apex BECASUE YOU WANT TO OFFER US A SALE?!?! Fix these issues and stop changing things from Korea (talking about sieges) and maybe you will have enough of a customer base you don't HAVE to scrape the bottom of the cash grab bowl.

Trion Archeage is the BEST game I have ever played but the execution and implementation strategy is so far off put the player as your priority and the money will come pouring in we are a loyal consumer market that when we find a game that is good and a company that is trying you will have people pick up their shields and defend you but when you stab those people in their wallet as their back is turned you get fewer and fewer people picking up that shield and they guard their wallets a lot more making it harder for you to make momey

bigzz
11-26-2014, 12:49 PM
none of the useful items are on sale....figures...

kaoti
11-26-2014, 12:52 PM
cntrl+f "worker's compensation" - not found. Why am I not surprised.
Was thinking of starting a bear farm but it looks like I dodged that bullet. So diefiance gets a holiday event for thanksgiving and we get a 20% black friday discount on... wait A MINUTE. YOU SAID YOU COULDN'T DO DISCOUNTS.

Musei
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/11/blackfriday_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/11/26/black-friday-sale/)

Black Friday savings are coming to ArcheAge with many of the Marketplace items available at 20% off for a limited time!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/11/26/black-friday-sale/)

Wait, so you can do 20% off for Black Friday but you can't figure out how to give 10% off to patrons?

Schnee
srsly?
a 20% would be worth buying credits, but 20% discount on those items? Nah.

Bojangles
11-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Holy ♥♥♥♥ a bear mount...well there goes farming polar bears.

Smiley Hehe
11-26-2014, 12:59 PM
lol... so you can code in 20% sale but can't do it 10% for patrons nice.....

Zappalot
11-26-2014, 12:59 PM
I guess its a general 20% discount even for those without Patron. So basically just new price tags applied

Sessia
11-26-2014, 01:03 PM
I do not look forward to the backlash on forums about the mount. I hope the in game breedable mount is much more awesome than it because I know there are people who only breed bears for their gold.

I've seen a full section of a housing district dedicated to breeding bears. I hope those farms haven't become useless.

Fiesta
11-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Of course, workers comp not on sale.... Why am I not surprise!?!?

Trino pls fix.

Aros
11-26-2014, 01:13 PM
lol...

MARKETPLACE ABOVE All - Trion law

keona
11-26-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't see why everything in the market place wasn't 20% off. kind of a worthless sale :/ I suppose its was kind of them to put a new mount and battle pet directly in the shop rather than stuffing them in a rng box :p

shaqlol
11-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Is this a joke? Put useful items on sale. Terrible.

kaoti
I suppose its was kind of them to put a new mount and battle pet directly in the shop rather than stuffing them in a rng box :p
You realize that the only purpose for living in a subarctic zone, literally the only thing that gains a perk for living in that environment, are polar bears, right? And the main reason people grow them in mass is to breed them. To get the bear mount. Which is now for sale. Because trino.

Bunnyleptic
Why not the Mirage Bjorn Bear? :(
I was looking forword to the orange bear with stars on his back, would love to have that one :(

I am disappointed...

Wuwu
Is this sea turtle pet the reason you nerfed the world boss pets abilities without any disclosure in the patch notes?

Gary1986
11-26-2014, 01:22 PM

Can you give us the speed of the bear mount? And maybe let us know what the battle turtle does?

Kuina
11-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Trion is the biggest scammer in Archeage.
WHEN WILL WE GET RID OF THESE ♥♥♥♥ING RUMBLING TREES ?
When will you stop ruining this game ? I had never ever regret so much my money spent on a video game. I will never come on a Trion's game again.

Toy Fuzion
11-26-2014, 01:23 PM
This is awesome, thank you! I was fixing to buy lots of UCC items for decorations, and so nice to see them on sale. And the turtle will be a perfect battlepet for my sea captain. xD

I love fluff and sales! Keep it coming. :)

Venidicio
11-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Wow, almost every previous reply express dissatisfaction with Trion.
Looks like Trion really need to find a way to restore their reputation.
Start planning a good customer appreciation for Christmas Trion. :)

Silowyi
11-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Until APEX is fixed so that people don't leave, my money is staying in my purse.

Hanthos
11-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Just some feedback Scapes, the list of discounted items is not very encouraging and does not entice me to purchase credits. Even Walmart uses better loss-leaders for it's promotions.

Toffin
11-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Yea this is a complete joke of a Black Friday Sale... Everything that is useful is not discounted. GET WITH THE PROGRAM TRION...

Hell I bet if you added the following items to the list, I bet people would be all over it: Both Kits, Worker's Comp, Vocation Tonic, Regrade Charms, Spec Snowflake, Tax Certs, and Appraisal Cert. Oh but wait, this is Trion they wont make things that actually useful in the game for a Black Friday Sale... GG...

squidgod2000
11-26-2014, 01:36 PM

A final, desperate grab.

Agobi
11-26-2014, 01:41 PM
O.O

Let me get out my creditcard quick!!!! Spendage....

Or not...Think I have given you all the cash I'm going to give....less marketplace,more gamefixes maybe?

Riggsville
11-26-2014, 01:41 PM
this is too frikkin hilarious
actually chuckled out loud here at work - i was questioned :)

Jaguar
11-26-2014, 01:42 PM

Hey, does this mean that the sea turtle and bear are limited time only - or are they permanent additions?

drongo
11-26-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure why everyone expects the most useful items to be on sale, you people act as if you're surprised. It's a business they need to make money, and they know people will buy those items anyways so they put the discounts on the crap items that they hope others will be more willing to purchase now that they're cheaper. You can be disappointed, but no one goes into a store and complains to the manger, why the item you want is not on sale, and why the items you don't want, are on sale.

I understand there are problems with this game, but honestly the worst part of this game for me is the incessant whiners on these forums, and in the sub reddits, and the in game chat. People are whining everywhere, at work, in families, on the news. I'd like to just log on and have a bit of peace, but I know that's a ridiculous fantasy.

bigcracker
11-26-2014, 01:54 PM
A few months ago when we first discussed the ArcheAge Patron Program, a 10% discount on Marketplace purchases was mentioned as a perk of being a Patron. While an "after launch" caveat was included in this perk, both XLGAMES and Trion Worlds have determined that the time to develop this perk would be significant

Guess having a % off in the store wouldnt be that significant.

Lanfear
11-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Guess they've finally received the patch to be able to make conditional discount on the marketplace and that it's in "testing" phase.

inb4 to see the real patron perk truly implemented as promised so that they can finally (after months) keep up with their promise and what we paid for.

Elektra
11-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Way to go Trion - so now you decide to put things on sale that some of us have purchased at regular pricing....i.e. all the mounts. Thumbs up to your fabulous ability to add fuel to fire to an existing upset player base!!!

I am sure someone really though this out and had the brain child moment that this would be the best way to loose even the last paying player base that tried to give you the benefit of the doubt that your intentions are good - its now all about the last money you can milk out of the game. Thanks for bringing a game with great potential and managing to completely ruin the game experience after release within 3 months.

XxX
11-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Great, more useless ♥♥♥♥. While doing a black Friday respond to my ticket, 141121-000499.

Sessia
11-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Is this sea turtle pet the reason you nerfed the world boss pets abilities without any disclosure in the patch notes?

I saw a reddit post about this. Someone replied saying the skills are RNG and some pets get one set and other pets get another set of skills. Can anyone confirm that their world boss pet skills have changed at all? Before a crazy new rumor is spread.

Angaels
11-26-2014, 02:09 PM
It seems kind of a slap in the face in that the whole time Trion is saying it cant be done.. Then all of a sudden pow 20% off.. For those who were on the fence about playing Archeage with all the news about no 10% and now they are giving seasonal 20%, it does not make Trion look good...

kaoti
11-26-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure why everyone expects the most useful items to be on sale, you people act as if you're surprised. It's a business they need to make money, and they know people will buy those items anyways so they put the discounts on the crap items that they hope others will be more willing to purchase now that they're cheaper.

The in game economy has been a mess for this entire month of November because of changes and errors created by trion. Apex and by extension worker's compensation potions drive our supposed player driven economy since everything is tied to labor. Trion could have easily reversed inflation and temporarily 'fixed' apex's out of control prices by issuing the discount to the more commonly bought items like worker's compensation. Instead of people spending their credits on bears and picture frames, there would have been a community push to stock up on worker comps, slowly bringing the prices down while keeping the supply high. This would have, in the long run, made trion more money by stabilizing the in game economy and keeping people healthy and happy.

Keep in mind, that trion doesn't loose money if we buy worker comps over picture frames. These are virtual goods. They dont expire, they have no production or storage cost. But the idiot in charge is pretending that the imaginary goods in their cash shop are 'real', and is using 'real' life business 'sense' in his or her decision to exclude them from the sale. They have it in their mind that people will continue to buy worker comps to sell at inflated prices even though the ingame systems expressly forbid that from happening. Apex can be 300 gold a pop but players are not ever going to pay 75g+ for a potion since there is very little you can make with 1000 labor to get that money back.

Trion just can't stop hitting itself.

Xardas83
11-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Yea this is a complete joke of a Black Friday Sale... Everything that is useful is not discounted. GET WITH THE PROGRAM TRION...

Hell I bet if you added the following items to the list, I bet people would be all over it: Both Kits, Worker's Comp, Vocation Tonic, Regrade Charms, Spec Snowflake, Tax Certs, and Appraisal Cert. Oh but wait, this is Trion they wont make things that actually useful in the game for a Black Friday Sale... GG...

Duuuuh, why would they discount those? Those sell themselves anyway! If you wanna stay in the game, competitive, you gotta buy them.
Don't go into sales my friend, you are clueless.

Hopefully they'll also put some thanksgiving items like turkeys or something. If they could only intervene in the game's code and add a "shoot the turkey" in-game game mode, where someone would buy this thing, put it on his land and invite his friend to shoot some lose turkeys. Think about it, you have the basic duck/goose animations and models (just needs some modified texture/model) and you got that gunpowder already in-game. All you need is guns.

Speaking of guns, how about suggesting to XL Games to add guns in-game. It would revigorate the market, make one cool item to have and cost quite a lot to keep the gunpowder and ammunition going (a rather good gold-sink if ammunition bought from NPC).

Guns wouldn't be far from ranged archer/mages in terms of game mechanics. Classic Flint guns:

http://www.damonmills.com/PS%20Pages/PS%2019/1763_French_Flint_Pistol_Right_2.jpg

http://www.gunthorp.com/images/Napoleon%20double%20flint%20pistol.jpg

A note to the raging trolls: Learn to write correctly in english first, then read all of the previous posts before raging like idiots. You embarrass yourselves. Most of you haven't realized they just edited the prices manually, not some selective feature in which there's a price for some (non-subscribers) and another for others (patrons/founders/etc). You guys don't know the first thing about common sense, logical reasoning ... the entire community will be better off with you gone. Honestly, do us all a favor and leave. And don't just say you left and keep lurking the forums like cockroaches, raging and denigrating a game you no longer play. You're not doing anything constructive.

Khelra
11-26-2014, 02:47 PM
wow...I totally wanted to have the value of the Polaris Cub RUINED by the cash shop.

polar bears are now completely worthless.

Noyimo
11-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Wait, so you can do 20% off for Black Friday but you can't figure out how to give 10% off to patrons?

They stated that XL would not do the patron discount because it would deviate from other releases of AA. Trion found a way around it by giving patrons an extra 10% when they purchase credits...the end of the chain THEY had control over. I also bet that it's XL that's giving the 20% discount and they do the same for other countries around their specific holidays.

Gall
11-26-2014, 02:59 PM
That's cute.

Pitty no payment methods work. >_>

Silowyi
11-26-2014, 03:16 PM
That's cute.

Pitty no payment methods work. >_>

Actually "no payment" works great... you don't get shafted that way!

Eaos
11-26-2014, 03:40 PM
It seems nearly your entire customer base doesn't like you trion, and you seem to have no clue how to handle a game with a player driven economy, now I realize why the masses feel the way they do.

princess
11-26-2014, 04:28 PM
I do not look forward to the backlash on forums about the mount. I hope the in game breedable mount is much more awesome than it because I know there are people who only breed bears for their gold.

I've seen a full section of a housing district dedicated to breeding bears. I hope those farms haven't become useless.

I have seen both up close and personal today, and for whatever it's worth, I think the white bear (the one you breed) is way cuter. No comparison.

fleabite
11-26-2014, 04:53 PM
So, the people that hacked the apex to gain thousands of credits not only missed out on a ban, but they get to buy the latest items on Black Friday whilst innocent players have to put their hands in their pockets again?!?

When will you realise that any advertisement for things that cost RL money in this game is throwing a bone to those that hacked. At the same time, you're trying to rake in more cash from those people who chose not to hack.

Dreamz Dreamzie
11-26-2014, 05:06 PM
the bear looks adorable :3

kaoti
11-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Most of you haven't realized they just edited the prices manually, not some selective feature in which there's a price for some (non-subscribers) and another for others (patrons/founders/etc). You guys don't know the first thing about common sense, logical reasoning ... the entire community will be better off with you gone. Honestly, do us all a favor and leave. And don't just say you left and keep lurking the forums like cockroaches, raging and denigrating a game you no longer play. You're not doing anything constructive.

The fact that the cash shop has already coded special text features which trion is utilizing to highlight cash shop items as being on sale for an event completely blow your unsourced theory out of the water.

Hobgoblyn
11-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Ooer, was just about to buy another character slot so I'm one of the few happy folk :)

Wouldn't it be easier and please most people if you simply put the credits on sale for a week?

Squealdn
11-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Q: How long is this "Sale Event" ? are the bear mount and turtle only available during the said event ?

Amasis
11-26-2014, 06:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3KZtq2Y.jpg

Amasis
11-26-2014, 07:20 PM
HOLD THE ♥♥♥♥ING PHONE HERE...
Your telling me that it was soooo hard to program 10% discount for founders off marketplace, and then are going to program 20% off for a limited time?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Give me my $150 back you THEIFS!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/QrBxY2W.jpg

A community manager who just locked another thread about this, stated that the
- ingame credits we use are controlled by trino
- the store is part of the game code and not under their control, changes needs to be actioned by XL

Which means, Trino would have had to submit a request to XL to have the % reduced on certain marketplace items. It's much easier to just reduce the price of a database item by a certain % for everyone.

jaydefire
11-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Wow, almost every previous reply express dissatisfaction with Trion.
Looks like Trion really need to find a way to restore their reputation.
Start planning a good customer appreciation for Christmas Trion. :)

You may have to pay for you appreciation.

Anela
11-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Trion is the biggest scammer in Archeage.
WHEN WILL WE GET RID OF THESE ♥♥♥♥ING RUMBLING TREES ?

I hope they never do. Getting rid of the endless thunderstruck tree farms is the best thing the game has ever done. The price of things like olives and poop is way down, because people are actually using their farmland for farming.

Niennor
11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
The most disappointing part about all of this is that is clearly a tortoise not a turtle. Really...

AjuntaPall316
11-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Always awesome to know that not only are you wasting your time... but you are COMPLETELY wasting your time. First the Thunderstruck situation completely screws me over... now my 4 bear farms are worth exactly how much?... Thanks Trion...

Step 1) Pull down pants.
Step 2) Bend over.
Step 3) ...
Step 4) PROFIT!

NiburuSUN
11-26-2014, 11:56 PM
cntrl+f "worker's compensation" - not found. Why am I not surprised.
Was thinking of starting a bear farm but it looks like I dodged that bullet. So diefiance gets a holiday event for thanksgiving and we get a 20% black friday discount on... wait A MINUTE. YOU SAID YOU COULDN'T DO DISCOUNTS.

muahauahuah this, trion cash grab game

Verma
11-27-2014, 02:52 AM
your all idiots
the rumbling tree's?
they belong in this game as kr and RU got them too in the exact same location
hell i would bet that the same amount of people now whining it should be removed
would whine about it if they werent implemented

and the brown bear?
gee another store item that was INTENDED same for KR and RU
your forgetting tho that the Polar bear mount is the ONLY mount that can be traded for a Black bear mount with increased speed and ability's
(black bear is like the Black arrow)
(tho no flames)

i understand the hate about nerfing stuff tho
that i DO NOT like

normalising gliders/cars/pets/matts/ or even increasing the value on Housing on mirage island

(those marine houses worth 800 gilda?
gues what those were suposed to be 300 and the larger version was suposed to be 800)
the blue car? few updates ago *before the red and yellow car were removed for normalising(AGAIN WHAT HTE ♥♥♥♥ TRION)
they costed 600 gilda
now they suddenly cost 800 gilda
and theyr planning to make the red and yellow car cost gilda too
instead of honor or vocation
HOW IS THAT FAIR

my point is
stop whining about content that was suposed to come our way
instead start making a problem about them degrading the game with their normalisations
making unfair advantages to Noobs that did nothing to earn such items

CrazyDan
11-27-2014, 03:03 AM
your all idiots
the rumbling tree's?
hell i would bet that the same amount of people now whining it should be removed

and the brown bear?
your forgetting tho that the Polar bear mount is the ONLY mount that can be traded for a Black bear mount with increased speed and ability's
(tho no flames)

that i DO NOT like

normalising gliders/cars/pets/matts/ or even increasing the value on Housing on mirage island

gues what those were suposed to be 300 and the larger version was suposed to be 800)
the blue car? few updates ago *before the red and yellow car were removed for normalising(AGAIN WHAT HTE ♥♥♥♥ TRION)
they costed 600 gilda
HOW IS THAT FAIR

my point is
instead start making a problem about them degrading the game with their normalisations

You can upgrade the brown bear to the black version. As I went into mirage and the NPC by the mirage horses gives you the quest for it. All you need is 500 honey, the certificate and the mount has to be level 50. I'm guessing once upgraded it will bring to base speed of the mount to 10ms along with the other skills the bred bear has.

ieJkee
11-27-2014, 03:17 AM
better to introduce ayanad, not your *** sale

Herpicus
11-27-2014, 03:32 AM
Hey give them a break Coding is hard...Wait...so 20% is easy enough to do for a cash grab but 10% for patron isnt. INST PATRON AS GOOD AS CASH THEORITICALLY! http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/09/trion-responds-to-archeages-10-percent-patron-discount-controve/

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/3012205/Swiper/ first thing that came to mind when i read the 20%.

Herpicus
11-27-2014, 03:36 AM

Yeah they are sneaky...didnt realize they did it until a few days later.

Demrocks
11-27-2014, 04:24 AM
Ah now the truth shows.
So you have coders in place to do this for a yearly event ? but not for the deal you made with selling us founder packs ?

Consider me speechless Trion.......

GimpCent
11-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Where is my 10% discount, what the hell

You can do this but cant give founders what they paid for, sad

guelle2410
11-27-2014, 07:59 AM
your all idiots
the rumbling tree's?

and the brown bear?
(tho no flames)

that i DO NOT like

they costed 600 gilda
HOW IS THAT FAIR

my point is

What marine houses are you talking about?

Zannia
11-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Ah now the truth shows.
So you have coders in place to do this for a yearly event ? but not for the deal you made with selling us founder packs ?

Consider me speechless Trion.......

Let me help you get your words back:

Awarding a discount exclusively to accounts marked as patrons, requires different coding from offering a discount to any account.

Simple.
Not really worth going speechless over.

Zannia
11-27-2014, 08:45 AM

Founders get nothing. It's already been explained that the few credits you got in the founder's packs weren't intended to have any discount attached to them.

Credits bought as a patron are. And as of right now, you get 10% extra when you purchase credits as a patron AND you can contact support to get 10% extra credits on all credit purchases made as a patron after early access started, that you didn't get the 10% extra on.

dramabelicoff
11-27-2014, 11:09 AM
this is not a pay to win game guys, you guys need to understand that, this is the reason why no worker compensation is sold on a reduced price, we should at least thank that we at least got a sale even if it is on useless items, they could easily not give us a sale for ♥♥♥♥ and just continue charging same prices...

Bunnyleptic
11-27-2014, 12:02 PM
I want the Mirage Bear. I would happily buy it for both my characters ^.^

I hope we'll get it with Christmas :P
I really want it, it's so cute and very funny mount. It makes me smile from ear to ear hehehe xD

Vawdka
11-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Let me help you get your words back:

Awarding a discount exclusively to accounts marked as patrons, requires different coding from offering a discount to any account.

Simple.
Not really worth going speechless over.

If patron = true
Market.price=baseprice-(baseprice*.1)
Endif

Someone is lying. Code isn't hard. There is a flag that defines patron status they use to figure out of you can place property... Use same flag before displaying prices, do math. Ever since the Auroria, I walked away. No desire to play when a farm wagon upgrade worth 1300+ gold can be bought for really money and realizing that even a patron needs to constantly buy labor potions to stay competitive if I could even find land for my farm. No. Done. I just like to check in once in a while to see the uproars from the people who are finally realizing how horrible the game is being handled and read the comments. Once in a while I comment on something like above where people just don't get how silly the lies they are believing really are.

31K4L
11-27-2014, 03:24 PM
HAHAHAHA are you kidding me guys.. I was AT LEAST expecting those cool/funny animations with the Bear mount.. You dont get ♥♥♥♥! all the same as any other mount.. Definitely not worth buying.. ugh...

Zengiar
11-27-2014, 06:19 PM
If patron = true
Endif

Someone is lying. Code isn't hard. There is a flag that defines patron status they use to figure out of you can place property... Use same flag before displaying prices, do math.

It must be cool having learnt Visual Basic and think you have any understanding how the systems for actual products are made.

Go work for Trion or XLGames, go tell them to implement those 3 lines of code and let us know how badly you get laughed at.

Etanox
11-28-2014, 04:31 AM
How Long can we buy the Bear and the Turtle from the Shop?

ivanakamarkus
11-28-2014, 04:50 AM
is this bear limited offer or???

Lillyx
11-28-2014, 05:53 AM

Who said they can't ? the fact is they don't WANT to give the discount. Its just a matter of organized scam. A lie, as many lies before and after.
They are able to give discount with several exceptions and new rules. That means, they can give the 10% discount easily but imlemented rules to AVOID giving it to the founders, but just to those who spend more money on the shop. That is a change on purpose. The 10% discount was already there, they changed it to NOT APPLY to all founders.

GomiChan
11-28-2014, 06:33 AM
If patron = true
Endif

It must be cool having learnt Visual Basic and think you have any understanding how the systems for actual products are made.

Go work for Trion or XLGames, go tell them to implement those 3 lines of code and let us know how badly you get laughed at.

I have over 10 years of commercial codign expirience, and that's basically how you do it (like in VBScript), if it's substentially harder then that, then language you write in is ♥♥♥♥, but even then it'd just take maybe ~30 mins longer.

They must have a "patron flag" exactly so they can check if you can place land, it also displays it when you log in into game.
The only challenging part would be adding a discount processing code, BUT they aparently have that for black friday.

So seriously the change to make 10% discount based on patron flag should be ~2h of designing a solution, 30 min adding code, 2h for writing unit test. Shipped with next update. Done.

So yes, Trion/XLGames do not want to make this change, if they did it'd be done already.

Kaios
11-28-2014, 06:46 AM
This thread hurts my heart

neisserian
11-28-2014, 06:57 AM
The game is great, the publisher in Europe is killing the game.

Trion focus in to fixing the game, STOP trying to make MONEY whiel you are doing a completly P2WIN Game, because you'll lose your player base and you will start losing ur loved money.

I hope Black Desert in EU have a better publisher.

Best MMORPG WORLD Game ATM, WORST Publisher WORLD ATM.

tobi1449
11-28-2014, 05:08 PM
For the 10% for patrons, they should be able to notice if a purchase with credits has been made by a patron. And they should be able to differentiate between an ingame purchase and a purchase of patron time through the website. And with this all they would have to do is give you back 10% of every purchase you do ingame and it would effectively be a 10% discount on all purchases made by patrons.

Nuvix
11-28-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure why everyone expects the most useful items to be on sale, you people act as if you're surprised. It's a business they need to make money, and they know people will buy those items anyways so they put the discounts on the crap items that they hope others will be more willing to purchase now that they're cheaper. You can be disappointed, but no one goes into a store and complains to the manger, why the item you want is not on sale, and why the items you don't want, are on sale.

I understand there are problems with this game, but honestly the worst part of this game for me is the incessant whiners on these forums, and in the sub reddits, and the in game chat. People are whining everywhere, at work, in families, on the news. I'd like to just log on and have a bit of peace, but I know that's a ridiculous fantasy.

People are getting upset because when a business makes a big deal out of a sale, it is a sale on items that people actually want to buy and probably would have, anyway. Think soda, milk, meat, etc. Sometimes, especially on holidays, there are massive sales on these items because--hey hey--people want them! So it is actually a benefit to the customer, not just a giant deception. And those stores actually pay for what they are selling... Trion conjures it out of thin air! Impressive sentiment, no?

People are also upset because Trion has a history of almost exclusively doing exactly this sort of thing. They frame themselves as nice, cool, caring, and everything they do as customer oriented, but it is very difficult to find a MMO company that is LESS of all those things. That makes them one of them most dishonest and hypocritical MMO companies out there.

You seem to believe that running a business is about ♥♥♥♥♥♥ the customer, but that is not it at all. Business is about providing value to the customer so they will choose you over the very abundant competition, because your customer keeps you alive and pays all of your bills. Your son and daughter? They eat because of the customer. Great businesses who do this--think Walmart who allows you to return pretty much ANYTHING without a receipt, or Amazon that also treats the customer like the second coming of Christ, rise to the top above all others no matter how slim their profit margin is. That means that Trion is stupid, evil, or some combination of both, despite claiming quite vocally to be none of the above.

So, upset? Yeah, I can understand it. I am not angry, but everything they do is a pretty massive disappointment. Especially when they completely ruin incredibly huge portions of the in-game economy (and associated activities) with stupid cash shop additions. Considering the gameplay, which they are demolishing, is what keeps people paying... these are straight forward cash grabs. Crap all over the game's long term prospects for some short term gain... and once you're done, move on to the next mechanic. Very, very, very disappointing. Sooner or later, they will run out of things to exploit and destroy, but they will probably run out of customers long before then.

They should really just accept that the initial rush was an initial rush, and they will never make that much money again without totally destroying their game in the process. Sad. :(

DraKan
11-28-2014, 07:52 PM
is a joke? pls stop kill this game.

rare
11-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Duuuuh, why would they discount those? Those sell themselves anyway! If you wanna stay in the game, competitive, you gotta buy them.
Don't go into sales my friend, you are clueless.

Hopefully they'll also put some thanksgiving items like turkeys or something. If they could only intervene in the game's code and add a "shoot the turkey" in-game game mode, where someone would buy this thing, put it on his land and invite his friend to shoot some lose turkeys. Think about it, you have the basic duck/goose animations and models (just needs some modified texture/model) and you got that gunpowder already in-game. All you need is guns.

Speaking of guns, how about suggesting to XL Games to add guns in-game. It would revigorate the market, make one cool item to have and cost quite a lot to keep the gunpowder and ammunition going (a rather good gold-sink if ammunition bought from NPC).

Guns wouldn't be far from ranged archer/mages in terms of game mechanics. Classic Flint guns:

http://www.damonmills.com/PS%20Pages/PS%2019/1763_French_Flint_Pistol_Right_2.jpg

http://www.gunthorp.com/images/Napoleon%20double%20flint%20pistol.jpg

A note to the raging trolls: Learn to write correctly in english first, then read all of the previous posts before raging like idiots. You embarrass yourselves. Most of you haven't realized they just edited the prices manually, not some selective feature in which there's a price for some (non-subscribers) and another for others (patrons/founders/etc). You guys don't know the first thing about common sense, logical reasoning ... the entire community will be better off with you gone. Honestly, do us all a favor and leave. And don't just say you left and keep lurking the forums like cockroaches, raging and denigrating a game you no longer play. You're not doing anything constructive.

I would love to see gunners out. It makes me think of Mabinogi and how they added guns to the world :D

imnotyoda
11-29-2014, 12:18 AM
tried to make a credit purchase today from you guys, but you were unable to seal the deal. then i wondered, i wonder how many other people have tried to spend money with trion and have not been able to. then i wondered how the hell you're going to keep a pay2win game afloat if you don't let us pay you. so many questions.

DarkKnight
11-29-2014, 10:22 AM
tried to make a credit purchase today from you guys, but you were unable to seal the deal. then i wondered, i wonder how many other people have tried to spend money with trion and have not been able to. then i wondered how the hell you're going to keep a pay2win game afloat if you don't let us pay you. so many questions.

Only comment I would say is this is NOT a pay2win game but cheat and bot to win game.
I have refused to use these cheats while these cheaters win everything!
CHEAT TO WIN is what this game has become!

kaoti
11-29-2014, 12:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QrBxY2W.jpg

A community manager who just locked another thread about this, stated that the
- ingame credits we use are controlled by trino
- the store is part of the game code and not under their control, changes needs to be actioned by XL

Which means, Trino would have had to submit a request to XL to have the % reduced on certain marketplace items. It's much easier to just reduce the price of a database item by a certain % for everyone.
a another day, a another story. except it's the same old story: "it's totally xlgame's fault". Problem is, I've played other korean and chinese games before. 99.9999% of the time, those games give special bonuses and discounts for paying a sub or playing from a pcbang. The idea that archeage doesnt natively support this is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

imnotyoda
11-29-2014, 03:17 PM
If only there were some way for Trino to contact XL.

Raxu Rangerking
11-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Here's what I see on this post:

WWAAAAHHHH UWWWAAAHHHH!!! People are getting good things and I dun like eet cuz I shud be teh only wun with good things!!! WWAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Locket
11-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Here's what I see on this post:

WWAAAAHHHH UWWWAAAHHHH!!! People are getting good things and I dun like eet cuz I shud be teh only wun with good things!!! WWAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

12 year old or whale...?

itsgucci
11-30-2014, 12:50 AM
12 year old or whale...?

im sure both.:D

carnificin
11-30-2014, 07:51 AM
worst black friday ever, thers nothing that i can buy with discount that help me in game, i just dont understand how can you talk about black friday, cause this is not black friday for sure, search on google what is black friday

Sigh
11-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Had a great BlackFriday deal on this Black Sunday: Just canceled my subscription for this game. Best deal ever!

Makoshiron
11-30-2014, 09:48 AM
im sure both.:D

I couldn't agree more haha

Slackjaw
11-30-2014, 05:06 PM
This is awesome, thank you! I was fixing to buy lots of UCC items for decorations, and so nice to see them on sale. And the turtle will be a perfect battlepet for my sea captain. xD

I love fluff and sales! Keep it coming. :)

^ the reason they keep doing stupid things...too many stupid people in mmos these days ..UO2 pls hurry ! :D

Only One Shinobi
11-30-2014, 05:57 PM
lol... so you can code in 20% sale but can't do it 10% for patrons nice.....

Did no one get the memo? They added a 10% rebate to all previous patron credit purchases. This was effective retroactively, and on all future purchases. Why are people still complaining about this?

Only One Shinobi
11-30-2014, 06:00 PM
worst black friday ever, thers nothing that i can buy with discount that help me in game, i just dont understand how can you talk about black friday, cause this is not black friday for sure, search on google what is black friday

This is exactly what makes it NOT P2WIN! That's the point. They aren't going to sell you items that will help you win. They are mostly for cosmetic purposes...

WBC
11-30-2014, 06:24 PM
So you can code in 20% sale but can't do the 10% discount for founders and patrons.

WBC
11-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Did no one get the memo? They added a 10% rebate to all previous patron credit purchases. This was effective retroactively, and on all future purchases. Why are people still complaining about this?

Because I am a founder and a patron and I still haven't got mine. None of the founder got the 10% credits.

umibozu
11-30-2014, 06:55 PM

10%rebate on credit purchases =/= 10% discount

Also it didn't affect any credits outside of ones purchased so most got nothing for their founders credits...but hey keep on white knighting

Scary
11-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Hey, the servers been down pretty much all day, but you can still give us some money!

Only One Shinobi
11-30-2014, 08:10 PM
10%rebate on credit purchases =/= 10% discount

Also it didn't affect any credits outside of ones purchased so most got nothing for their founders credits...but hey keep on white knighting

10% rebate is pretty much the same as a discount. Only it's applied retroactively. I understand that founder's don't get discounts on founder's pack credits... But maybe people should reconsider dropping 150 dollars on a game that hasn't been finalized or officially released. Did you read the agreement before you paid?

Also.. nothing wrong with white knighting. I'll take the label. It's better than that scummy puss filled word vomit all you whiners are doing.

Socrates
11-30-2014, 08:36 PM
can I get 20% off on some TP to this crap up with. fix your game and stop doing a cash grab,,,, hmm just reinstated my EQ account and WoW. GG

kaoti
11-30-2014, 09:11 PM
except it wasnt so go wipe that brown off your face.

kaoti
11-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Also.. nothing wrong with white knighting. I'll take the label. It's better than that scummy puss filled word vomit all you whiners are doing.
trion pls stop sock puppeting.

Battlehawke
11-30-2014, 09:19 PM
The servers have been down for over 4 hours.....I would like to buy something before the deadline, but I can't.............

kaoti
12-01-2014, 07:48 AM
The servers have been down for over 4 hours.....I would like to buy something before the deadline, but I can't.............

the servers have been down for the na for almost 24 hours. Guess we are missing those savings Mr. Hartman was talking about!

Socrates
12-01-2014, 08:55 AM
no you only got one 10 percent rebate purchase so even though you might have bought 54k credits you only get the one transaction of the 18k and get 1800 credits. yes I know first hand.

Khosrau
12-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Would be nice if the discounts persisted for a day after the servers are back, since we lost Sunday.

Dogmatic
12-01-2014, 10:59 AM
How about you refund 20% of my credits because I can't play?

Ill spend them, if you do another refund.

Svyndari
12-01-2014, 11:39 AM
:) because trion has compensated it's player base for their screw ups in the past.

you made me smile a little bit

VVolfgang
12-01-2014, 11:42 AM
I would bet we are looking at a roll back. I don't mind them not saying much... I'd rather them be working on getting the servers back online. However in saying that, saying a few words on Twitter would help subside more people getting angry.

Lisa77
12-01-2014, 01:23 PM
To bad most of us missed this because of server issues!

Kayzek
12-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Trion please we are laughing at you! Your game is dying, bugs everywhere, sieges broken, bots rampant and you are more focused on forcing update after update on your damn apex BECASUE YOU WANT TO OFFER US A SALE?!?! Fix these issues and stop changing things from Korea (talking about sieges) and maybe you will have enough of a customer base you don't HAVE to scrape the bottom of the cash grab bowl.

Trion Archeage is the BEST game I have ever played but the execution and implementation strategy is so far off put the player as your priority and the money will come pouring in we are a loyal consumer market that when we find a game that is good and a company that is trying you will have people pick up their shields and defend you but when you stab those people in their wallet as their back is turned you get fewer and fewer people picking up that shield and they guard their wallets a lot more making it harder for you to make momey
"lets celebrate thanksgiving"
~trion

"WAHHHHHHHH [insert ungreatfulness]"
~this guy

Blink
12-01-2014, 06:12 PM
I want a bear, and i can't buy it :(
Plz trion, extend the sales.

Bunnyleptic
12-01-2014, 08:40 PM
I want a bear, and i can't buy it :(
Plz trion, extend the sales.

I want Mirage Bjorn Bear :(

Bunnyleptic
12-01-2014, 08:49 PM
I want Mirage Bjorn Bear :(

I hope we'll get it with Christmas. But please, don't put it in an RNG-box!!

calicartel
12-01-2014, 08:54 PM
buwahahahahhahahahahahhaahahahaayhahahahahahaha

tatafonaija
12-04-2014, 04:18 AM
Can you suggest me is this true fact, black Friday offering special discounts of up to 75% across collection of electronic products and electronics devices ?................