PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get banned trying to place a house?

Idontknowwhotoemail
11-28-2014, 04:51 PM
I was buying a 16x16 from a guy and waiting on him to demolish it. While waiting I was spamming my house on his splot. At the last second he backed out of the trade so I continued looking for another 16x16. Found another guy. Again, spammed my house on his plot while he demolished it.

Got my house built and then went to Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and came back to my account being banned for third party program.

Anyone else get banned this way? I'm assuming they think I was using a landgrabber with all the spam clicks I did.

DrZoidberg
11-28-2014, 05:12 PM
id say wright Trion and ask they investigate why hacksheild flagged you for hacking. had nothing to do with # of clicks it was hacksheild that ruined your day their

Edit Added info
In essence their was a background program that hacksheild flagged as potentially manipulating the game client. you most likely have a program probably for a completly diffrent game running in the back ground (which you may not even realize is their) that got flagged by hacksheild.

KaptainKabul
11-28-2014, 05:13 PM
I was buying a 16x16 from a guy and waiting on him to demolish it. While waiting I was spamming my house on his splot. At the last second he backed out of the trade so I continued looking for another 16x16. Found another guy. Again, spammed my house on his plot while he demolished it.

Got my house built and then went to Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and came back to my account being banned for third party program.

Anyone else get banned this way? I'm assuming they think I was using a landgrabber with all the spam clicks I did.

Citizen,

may i ask you a simple question.
Do you own a gaming mouse or keyboard?

Irrlicht
11-28-2014, 05:27 PM
There really is no need for a cover story like "While waiting I was spamming my house on his splot." They will unban you even after you admit to cheating.

This is the only game I know of where cheating is not only acceptable, but supported.

Firesparkz Lavawalker
11-28-2014, 06:10 PM

Why was spamming mouse clicks to get a plot needed ?

I have bought a lot of plots from others, demolished and never had an issue, over 40 plots traded thus far back and forward.

You do know how Hackshield works ?

If not, please read the links I have provided.

Easpecially this one on mouse-click-spamming. *sigh* And you believed that spamming was your solution. I have only ever used 2 clicks and usually take the time to align the plot to how I want it after checking no one is in the immediate area. To give you a better idea, I am in Australia, in the coastal country region and my ping can range from 150-250ms. Spamming is so not necessary, your not competing with 30+ others to get the plot your paying for. Click once to lock down (red), click again once house is demolished (Once white, roughly 10 seconds after demolish routine finishes).

Spamming stuff will get you banned as your emulating the exact way a scripting host performs the action.

Hello OP,

Hackshield works like every real time monitoring program out there, including your Anti-Virus & Internet Security software. (eg. Nortons 360)
These (Including your AV/ISsecurity) programs are commonly known as a rootkit since it operates in the lowest (or highest depends on how you want to look at it) software layer closest to the hardware BIOS layer (Basic Input Output System).

Hackshield has been around for a good many years as has its main rival punkbuster.

Hackshield website/Operational Overview (Pictorial form) >
http://hackshield.ahnlab.com/hs/site/en/AboutHS/feature.do

The features are patented, here is a quick list >
http://hackshield.ahnlab.com/hs/site/en/AboutHS/patentBased.do

PunkBuster, Hackshields main rival in the market (Or used to be in the early days) >
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=info.php

I won't bother with warden that WoW used as that is quite a simple signature detection engine only.

Many have tried to hack/bypass/emulate responses/kill of hackshield process in the past, even using very unconventional means. These have all lead to failure due to the way Hackshield works, Trion are teamed up with XL games who are teamed up with Hackshield for live monitoring of the game publishers game clients (You). You can see how this works in this picture .... http://hackshield.ahnlab.com/hs/site/en/TheProduct/performance.do

Ok, since people are wondering more on how it works, it works very much like your AV/Internet security based products, these are all rootkits as well, eg. Symantec, McAfee, ZoneAlarm etc and all operate in the highest (or lowest if you want to look at it that way) tier of software kernel base-run code which have the highest permissions to execute tasks/code.

Here is an analysis of Hackshield by a hacker hobbyist some years ago, bare with him his english is not the best, but it gives you a brief basic pictorial of how it works > http://www.progamercity.net/anti-cheats/371-hackshield-analysis.html

People complaining about Hackshield who run an anti-virus or internet security based software suite should be shot and rightly so as these software packages are the same as Hackshield being a worldwide respected hacker/exploiter detection and live monitoring program to ban cheaters (3rd party program users and those who afk and do unattended botting using mechanical methods, eg. Coins jammed in keyboard or toothpicks etc)

Never the less, fear not, it is unwarranted, see above pic ( http://hackshield.ahnlab.com/hs/site/en/TheProduct/performance.do ) on hackshield on how they monitor any cheating activity (Including Hueristic methods ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic ) to detect possibe newly developed cheat/exploits (Can result in false positives as nothing is perfect, this feature is necessary to combat the build a better wall then the hacker/exploiting attacker builds a better weapon to destroy that wall modus operandi).

I would not tamper with the software launching (preventing it to launch) as the game client also does its reporting with having that driver installed and not detecting it via a hash check can result in a permaban for client software modification (ie. Hackshield is an integrated part of the game client, not something that "entirely" runs seperately that is not check on by the game client also.)

Here is another good overview on GameForge's implementation of Hackshield. The 3rd stage relating to what I posted above .... http://liquiron.com/8553-Gameforge_Begins_Implementing_HackShield_s_Final_S tage.html

" ... malicious players could simply "roll their own" clients that do not have HackShield attached, and play without issue.

This is where HackShield's 3rd stage comes into play. HackShield stage 3 has server-side elements that ensure validation. Players who failed any HackShield checks won't be able to connect. Players who have modified their clients will not be able to play. Players who try to connect with a custom, non-protected client now shouldn't be able to connect or play. And while connected, players attempting to inject malicious code into the client, modify its memory, send illegitimate packets or multiple other methods of attacking, should be caught by frequent server client communication and validation."

Take Care,
Sparkz

http://raptr.com/viperstrike2611/about

Moral, do not believe the 10,000 sheep all saying BAH! Spam mouse BAH! Be your own person and research things out properly.

Now put in your appeal, and explain what you did. You will be unbanned if no unauthorised programs were used. Lesson learned for the next time.

US holiday time right now, so your appeal may take some time, be patient.

Evilsix
11-28-2014, 06:34 PM

You were using a macro to spam clicks for you I assume?

plzkthxx
11-28-2014, 06:36 PM
You were using a macro to spam clicks for you I assume?

That would be my guess...

Amasis
11-28-2014, 08:09 PM

Did you setup any mouse macros with Logitech gaming software or Razor synapse?

xydros
11-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Would mapping your left click to your middle wheel be ok? Not a program. I don't think they are banning or even catching the land hackers.