PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Server Connectivity Issues

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Scapes
12-01-2014, 03:17 PM
12:27 AM PST/ 8:28 AM GMT: Nebe, Nui, and Janudar are once again open, and all servers are now available. Discussion about what will be granted to players will occur later today, and we will update you when we have news on that topic.

10:25 PM PST/6:25 AM GMT: The team has been hard at work to bring the remaining EU servers back online, but unfortunately these are moving slower than expected. We intend to bring up these servers as soon as possible and we will keep you updated on our progress.

10:05 PM PST/6:05 AM GMT: Inoch (NA) and Calleil (NA) are now available.

9:50 PM PST/5:50 AM GMT: We've begun validation for Inoch (NA) and Calleil (NA). Our team is still hard at work on Nui (EU), Nebe (EU), and Janudar (EU).

5:45 PM PST/1:45 AM GMT: We're glad to announce that we have a target ETA for the two North American and three European servers that require additional work before they're brought online. The Operations Team will be working through the night to get Nui, Nebe, Janudar, Inoch, and Calleil live as quickly as possible. We're aiming for the servers to be live by tomorrow morning but they may be available as early as late tonight (Pacific time). We'll keep updating this rough ETA as work progresses.

4:00 PM PST/12:00 AM GMT: Our Operations Team continues to work on fixing the five offline servers and will be working late into the night. The servers may disappear from the server list as maintenance is carried out on them, but rest assured that all of the character data is intact and unaffected.

Our focus is to restore normal service to all of our servers as quickly as possible. Additionally, the generous compensation packages for Patrons and non-Patrons is scaling to match the total duration of this outage (we'll announce specifics once service is restored). The Community Team will continue updating this thread as new developments happen.

1:00 PM PST/9:00 PM GMT: The sixteen live servers have successfully had their capacities increased, removing most if not all queues. As mentioned in the FAQ, our Operations Team found that some servers were more impacted by this weekend's connectivity issues, causing five servers (Nui, Janudar, Nebe, Inoch, and Calleil) to still be unavailable. Much like how we brought the sixteen servers up by starting with Enla, our engineers are working to first resolve the issues on one server. When the issue is resolved on that server, the fix will be repeated onto the other four.

In parallel, the ArcheAge Team is planning the compensation package for both Patrons and non-Patrons which we'll detail in full when it's finalized and all servers are restored to normal operation. Additionally, a login issue on our live European servers has now been resolved. We'll continue providing regular updates here on the forums and on Twitter throughout the day.

11:00 AM PST/7:00 PM GMT: We've been monitoring the live servers overnight and will be increasing the maximum population of each to reduce queue times. Our Operations Team continues to work on bringing Nui, Janudar, Nebe in Europe and Inoch and Calleil in North America back online. We'll post the latest on those five servers in two hours.

3:50 AM PST/11:50 AM GMT: The restart took less time than anticipated to complete. You can log into the following EU servers: Shatigon, Kyprosa, Eanna, Dahuta, Aier, Orchidna & Melisara. We continue to work on Nui, Janudar and Nebe.

In North America, you can log into Aranzeb, Naima, Kyrios, Ollo, Tahyang, Salphira, Enla, Ezi and Lucius. Inoch and Calleil continue to be offline as we work to resolve the issues on those servers.

Please note that the servers that are being worked on will show up on the server selection, and vanish from the server selection screen, as they are being worked on. Their visibility is not an indication of their status until we indicate that they are fully online.

We expect to have another update for you in the mid-late morning (Pacific time).

3:00 AM PST/11:00 AM GMT: All EU servers are now offline for the restart.

2:45 AM PST/10:45 AM GMT: To improve the connectivity of the EU servers, all of them will be coming offline at 3:00 AM PST/11:00 AM GMT for a full restart. The minimum duration we are expecting is 90 minutes for the servers that were previously online. There will be several outliers, such as Nui, Janudar, and Nebe, as we are still in the process of working on bring those servers back in a good state.

2:20 AM PST/10:20 AM GMT: The team is currently working on the EU connectivity issues affecting all EU shards.

In addition to that, I just wanted to confirm that it is expected behavior that Nui, Janudar, and Nebe will be intermittently missing from the server selection screen as we work on them.

1:50 AM PST/9:50 AM GMT: Apologies for the confusion; now the EU authentication is fully back online, and should no longer display the offline button, instead of the play button. We also noticed an issue with Kyprosa, and it is in the process of restarting.

1:35 AM PST/9:35 AM GMT: The EU authentication server is now back online, meaning that new players can log in to Glyph once more. Our work on bringing Janudar and Nebe back online continues.

1:05 AM PST/9:05 AM GMT: We will be restarting the auth servers for the European servers shortly. This is part of our work process to get the affected servers back online. It also means that players will not be able to log in to Glyph until after it has concluded. As soon as it's over, we'll let you guys know.

12:20 AM PST/8:20 AM GMT: Now that we know more about Calleil and Inoch, we realize that it will likely be tomorrow before those servers are up. We have been dealing with a combination of database and network issues and they seem to be affecting these two servers differently than the other servers, so it's taking longer to resolve their issues.

Tuesday, December 2

11:45 PM PST/7:45 AM GMT: NA servers Inoch and Calleil have special issues and our teams are continuing to work on them. I appreciate the passion for Inoch, and wish I did have magic powers to bring the servers all up!

Our operations folks believe that they have a potential fix for the EU servers Nui, Janudar, and Nebe. We're testing out the fix on Janudar and Nebe - you'll see those servers starting to come online in a bit. Make sure to keep an eye on the first post in this thread for updates on when they are online!

9:40 PM PST/5:50 AM GMT: Our team is going to dig into why Inoch (NA), Calleil (NA), Nui (EU), Janudar (EU), and Nebe (EU) are still not in line with the other servers. Tahyang (NA) and Salphira (NA) will remain available until we've confirmed. We will have another update in 2-3 hours or less.

9:30 PM PST/5:30 AM GMT: Kyrios (NA) and Ollo (NA) are now available.

8:59 PM PST/5:59 AM GMT: We will need to bring Tahyang (NA) and Salphira (NA) down soon to resolve the latency issues there. Full details here. (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?134477-ArcheAge-Server-Connectivity-Issues&p=1271062&viewfull=1#post1271062)

8:59 PM PST/4:59 AM GMT: Aranzeb (NA) and Naima (NA) are now available. We will be continuing with Kyrios (NA) and Ollo (NA) next.

8:40 PM PST/4:40 AM GMT: Aranzeb (NA) and Naima (NA) are starting validation now.

7:55 PM PST/3:55 AM GMT: Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA) are now available. We will be continuing with Aranzeb (NA) and Naima (NA) next.

7:40 PM PST/3:40 AM GMT: Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA) are starting validation now.

7:00 PM PST/3:00 AM GMT: Enla (NA) is now available. We'll be continuing by bringing Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA) online next.

5:50 PM PST/1:50 AM GMT: Our Operations Team is continuing to investigate the cause of the server instability through the night. We will be bringing up Enla (NA) as a server stability test within an hour.

Monday, December 1

ORIGINAL:

Adventurers,

First and foremost, our apologies for the server connectivity issues we've been experiencing since yesterday. Like you, the Trion Worlds staff were eager to spend Sunday playing ArcheAge and watching siege livestreams. This new thread combines the two separate ones (NA (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?132439) and EU (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?132442)) from last night and brings both up to speed.

Members of our Network and Operations Teams have been working through the night to address the network latency and stability issues that players began reporting this weekend. We're determining the cause of the problem and are continuing to work around the clock to restore normal service. With XLGAMES' help, we're also determining the best ways to resolve the secondary issues the latency caused such as excess item redemption or overlapping property construction. Additionally, we'll detail our plans for the compensation we will be issuing due to this extended outage.

As we work to restore normal service, we'll update this forum thread and our Twitter with the latest developments and Frequently Asked Questions. The ArcheAge Team knows this is a frustrating time and is working to get everyone back into the game as quickly as possible.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is my server in "Maintenance" status or not in the server list?

Some servers have been impacted by the connectivity issues more than others with some temporarily not listed. Any characters and their progress on these servers are not affected. We're working to restore access to them.

How long will the remaining servers be offline?

We're glad to announce that we have a target ETA for the two North American and three European servers that require additional work before they're brought online. The Operations Team will be working through the night to get Nui, Nebe, Janudar, Inoch, and Calleil live as quickly as possible. We're aiming for the servers to be live by tomorrow morning but they may be available as early as late tonight (Pacific time). We'll keep updating this rough ETA as work progresses.

What about my ban that resulted from the latency issues?

We're aware that the latency players have been experiencing has caused some erroneous bans in the last day. Our Support Team will be taking this into consideration for any appeals.

Will we be getting compensated for this downtime?

We plan on issuing a generous compensation for this extended outage. Details will be announced when we restore normal service.

Are the timers on my crops and taxes still ticking down?

Like when we restart servers, these timers do continue to tick down. Property taxes are due every two weeks and we're working to bring the servers back up as quickly as possible. The ArcheAge Team is definitely aware this is an issue for players with taxes due and is talking with XLGAMES about the best way to resolve it while the servers are offline.

Will there be a server rollback?

No, a server rollback is not planned.

Is the outage being caused by a DDoS?

No, this is not being caused by a DDoS.

fckirbz
12-01-2014, 03:19 PM
good to hear on compensation

Edit .. since this is at the top. i can copy/paste some questions for you ppl.

Time
1.) Has the server time been suspended?
- Patron status
- mail
- crop timers
- vehicle summons (carts, wagons, haulers, trade ships etc.)

Housing specific
2.) Are taxes being generated on the normal schedule?
3.) What about late fees?
4.) Are housing demos still occurring even though the servers are unavailable?

(from @Trixologist making it on first post so hopefully they get answered)

@scapes reply (post 200)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
Like when we restart servers, these timers do continue to tick down. Property taxes are due every two weeks and we're working to bring the servers back up as quickly as possible. The ArcheAge Team is definitely aware this is an issue for players with taxes due and is talking with XLGAMES about the best way to resolve it while the servers are offline.

Originally Posted by Xeden View Post
Scapes: I think the community would be much more understanding if we could obtain better details about the root of the issue. Is it a code issue with the server? When I read connection/latency issue, I think ISP issue, or peer issue, but doesn't seem to be the case. Is there any information that can be spared, even if it's just comment about the server code being looked for possible causes of latency, etc.

scapes reply:
The latency is symptomatic, we haven't determined an absolute cause yet. The moment we have an update about this, it will be shared here.

Quote Originally Posted by fckirbz View Post
can you clear up the validity of claims of a overheating server or fires in your data center. etc
There has not been an overheating issue nor fire in the data center.

Skrufftw
12-01-2014, 03:20 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/QZlPf47w8WJIQ/giphy.gif

Magua
12-01-2014, 03:21 PM
You honestly don't know the cause of the latency issues after 24+ hours? Just throw in the towel already would ya?

Zeromask
12-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Cheedars...that is all..

Time to change>>>

https://www.change.org/p/trion-worlds-reset-the-labor-points-to-the-maximum-amount-and-give-out-100-gilda-stars-in-to-all-players-in-archeage-due-to-frequent-scheduled-maintenance?recruiter=190310616&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Trixologist
12-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Update 6:30PM EST - Scapes is keeping track now.

Questions for FAQ:

Coming directly from forumers...

Time
a. Patron status - has the timer been stopped on Patron?
b. Are free to play Patron timers being temporarily suspended due to the fact they cannot get Patron (no game access)
c. Mail - Are mail timers being stopped to prevent expiration of items hitting their limits?
d. Crop timers - Are crops going still going on the normal cycle? Will we all reenter the game to wilted crops and vanished trees?
e. Vehicle summons (carts, wagons, haulers, trade ships etc.)...Owners mark and the 10 minute window are long gone by now, what about people caught in mid transport when the servers went down?

Housing specific

Siege

5) Are the Sieges from Sunday being rescheduled AND refunded or just rescheduled?

UPDATE current response:

Bravix
This really flew under the radar. Might want to update the other thread.

spozner
I'm just glad this happened during finals week, I'm actually getting some work done!

Viizion
Oh wow Thanks... hint sarcasm

patemma
Scapes, good on ya mate but seriously, you need to give an ETA...or at least an "No chance in hell before xxx hours"...that's what folks are waiting for...

Karlier
compensation - 10% drop rate candy for all, that will be.

Niexist
So basically this is a post to tell us that you will be answering everyone's questions real soon now(tm)?

Addemar
4th !!!!!!!

Euroradar
12-01-2014, 03:23 PM
a update was needed thank you for getting with us

Haxly
[QUOTE=Scapes;1264241]
ue to this extended outage.

We're aware that the latency players have been experiencing has caused some erroneous bans in the last day. Our Support Team will be taking this into consideration for any appeals.

Should read
...Our Support Team will fix these bans as servers come online.... get this fail boat sailing w/o all the nonsense. Keep up to date. This has been in the dark for too long... way too long.

rawfox
FAQ:

Wtf happened to the servers ?

Jooga
Compensation better be something worthwhile man. Not just potions.

Nodoze
I respectfully recommend you lock all 3 of these threads and only allow moderators to post updates. All the QQ and other stuff are not helpful.

Addemar
4th !!!!!!!

damn :( I fail at this too, back to more gifs

LoginIsBroken
12-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Thank you Scapes. Thank you for understanding us.

Vicken
hahah xD just came back from work and its still broken...i really hope alot people quit this game just to teach them a lesson.

Un4GivN
I respectfully recommend you lock all 3 of these threads and only allow moderators to post updates. All the QQ and other stuff are not helpful.

I respectfully recommend you let a company make their own choices and you do your own job where ever you may be employed and stop worrying about what others do.

TheOuroborus
12-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Sorry Scapes, but I'm of a mind that your post is pretty much...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0GnF0x9kpS4/UWWknSxcbLI/AAAAAAAB41A/huCUMaajpZU/s1600/goldblum+poop.jpg

Whisp
Members of our Network and Operations Teams have been working through the night to address the network latency and stability issues that players began reporting this weekend.

Great acronym for Network and Operations Teams, NOT! NOT going to fix latency. NOT going to fix stability. I'm NOT going to play this game anymore. I played Rift from day one and Trion was a great developer at that time. Trion however has fired most of their staff and is a terrible publisher!

Rant over.

I'm out!

Golliathz
there is a service standardization forecast?

Pusher
12-01-2014, 03:26 PM
So it's help that you are looking for? Dont go past the dev post. STOP worrying about what others are doing below it.

You'll have your info, we wont have to hear you ♥♥♥♥♥. #winning

Mahlia
when in doubt file bankruptcy and sell the hardware to the Russians?

Rehsiloba
great job moderating the forums, keeping all that ♥♥♥♥ up really got me off quick!

Flusoya
How about ETA on when we might be able to play.... Hours, days?

Alacrity
12-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Bring on the gifs

AJ Big
Thank you for an update, finally. It is appreciated.
Even though there is no info about what has happened.

Seyrenyo
who cares about latency problems , our server has been down for like 2 days -.- i would prefer playing with lagg then not playing at all.

Avahlynn
12-01-2014, 03:28 PM
And now back to our regularly scheduled 'say nothing of merit' policy.

Penngguin
I just would like to take a moment to appreciate how well you, as a company, are handling this mess.
Things could be a lot worse given the circumstances.

Best of luck, hope to be online soon.

Ariazelka
Its irrelevant, how much you give us as compensation, we dont forget you this, Trion...

Captkickass
No ETA? That means they have no idea what is causing the problem. SMH

TouchYou
Adventurers,

First and foremost, our apologies for the server connectivity issues we've been experiencing since yesterday. Like you, the Trion Worlds staff were eager to spend Sunday playing ArcheAge and watching siege livestreams. This new thread combines the two separate ones (NA (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?132439) and EU (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?132442)) from last night and brings both up to speed.

Members of our Network and Operations Teams have been working through the night to address the network latency and stability issues that players began reporting this weekend. We're determining the cause of the problem and are continuing to work around the clock to restore normal service. With XLGAMES' help, we're also determining the best ways to resolve the secondary issues the latency caused such as excess item redemption or overlapping property construction. Additionally, we'll detail our plans for the compensation we will be issuing due to this extended outage.

As we work to restore normal service, we'll update this forum thread and our Twitter with the latest developments and Frequently Asked Questions. The ArcheAge Team knows this is a frustrating time and is working to get everyone back into the game as quickly as possible.

Some servers have been impacted by the connectivity issues more than others with some temporarily not listed. Any characters and their progress on these servers are not affected. We're working to restore access to them.

We plan on issuing a generous compensation for this extended outage. Details will be announced when we restore normal service.

For players who haver larders on the end of their aging cycle, if this problem isnt solved soon, all those larders will disappear, even though they werent ready to harvest before servers first went down. Will everyone receive the same compensation for the downtime, or will you take into account the players that lost more during this downtime than others?

Just curious, please actually answer this post.

OGVersace
Good stuff, cant wait to play again!

I don't understand why people are STILL ♥♥♥♥♥ING since no ones life revolves around this game.
You will not die if you don't play AA. I promise. smh

Ismirim
Yeah.. still no info. After waiting for so long we should be told what the colossal mess-up was..

Pusher
12-01-2014, 03:29 PM
great job moderating the forums, keeping all that ♥♥♥♥ up really got me off quick!

Oneminuteman dot com again eh? Well, we all have been there once or twice. Some more than others...

Molagbal
Really so the main reason for the down time is latency. I smell bull ♥♥♥♥.
but finally thanks for the update.

ErenYaeger
This is just ridiculous.. Day two, and still no actual word on what is happening and when we're getting the servers back.

GG, Trion, GG.

icarusm
We plan on issuing a generous compensation for this extended outage.

I think your idea and my idea of "generous" maybe slightly different:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qt19NwlJjlg/TC6VriiFtLI/AAAAAAAANII/9m5qjwxAl8w/s1600/20100703_5309-simon-slab-of-butter-of-toast-scrambled-eggs.jpg.jpg

Squealdn
Thanks for the heads up, Scapes.

Thanks for keep trying to fix the server on the last two days, while receiving tremendous amount of flames.

*sigh* you guys really need a test server though. The lagging fish fiasco is really annoying.

Kainzo
Adventurers,

Appreciate the info

smiteless
scrubs, we all need a refund and we all will move on next game. thanks

Tajak
12-01-2014, 03:30 PM
page 5, not bad

aranimate
12-01-2014, 03:31 PM
So did he actually give any information?

Seyrenyo
problem with those informations are : we already knew it if you read the forum.

Un4GivN
Adventurers,

Someone tell me this... Was there really any information in this?

No ETA
No word on the rewards
Really just a bunch of filler and things we read hours ago on massively.

SageO
HERE COMES THE NEXT PORNOGRAPHIC THREAD FILLED WITH RAGE AND SPAM, looks like we didn't make it to 2k pages on the other one gays. Don't worry bros, this is our time :D
Spam spam spam those gifs and we will get to, 2k pages in no time :P

Begs02
I just have to repost this...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mptP7aqGjWw

Branquita
12-01-2014, 03:32 PM
""""""""""""""generous compensation""""""""""""

Ceibhfhionn
FAQ: what happens to the houses and farms with taxes due that none of us have been able to pay the last 2 days?

Kelindal
Just gotta have faith!

4jacks
http://cdn.newadnetwork.com/sites/prod/files/uploads/barbarap/GIF/prank_8.gif

Xym
Generous compensation... Hmm we will see. For some reason I am skeptical.

RookGamer
can we please ban those people who posted ♥♥♥♥ on the other thread?

Deathphoenix
Questions for FAQ:

Time
- Patron status
- mail
- crop timers

Housing specific

This would be nice and smart... but ya not going to happen, would be real nice but all we will get is a fk u here is 2-3 days of time

qualme
Why can't you just say the database was corrupted and you are rebuilding it?

Geminii
Thank you for the update, an estimation of when servers will resume would be helpful, even if it is only a best guess.

SenioritaBonita
12-01-2014, 03:33 PM

I hope it's more than just some free Marketplace stuffs...............................

o[]xxxxxxxx{{:::::::::::::::::::::sEnioRIta:::::::::: ::::::::::::::>>

Duirtree
Questions for FAQ:

Time
- Patron status
- mail
- crop timers

Housing specific

This, can there questions get an answer?

Dostarr
Maybe instead of everyone ♥♥♥♥♥ing (we've all, myself included, done plenty of that) we could propose legitimate ideas for recompense?

I'll start. Personally I wouldn't be satisfied with pots or anything worth less than "100g." It doesn't need to be monetary, or even tradeable, but it needs to feel worth at least that much. I say this because as was stated before aged larders disappearing, lost labor, lost time, lost land etc...100g in value roughly would be...more than many lost, but less than some loss without being overboard.

That being said, if the recompense comes in the form of "credit discount" "bonus xp" or some other promotion that nets the company money (obviously this is not modifying bonus xp) I will probably unsubscribe. For me that would be insulting.

I would like to see increased drop rates, or perhaps increased proficiency gains for at least a few days personally.

Say we lost two days?? so thats what.. 2-12 pots +2880*2 labor.. Regardless, at minimum two days of double labor proficiency/xp gain or something to that effect would be nice.

Any other ideas out there?

Bush
Feedback is appreciated and let me know if you are interested in this sweet spot on Salphira!!

9j8OvuMh46Q[/QUOTE]

4jacks
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/0713/funny-prank-gif-tape-face.gif

Rodric
Thanks for the update. Generous compensation is fine, but ongoing playability in a secure environment free from exploiters would be better. Good luck with the fix.

It would be nice to have SOME kind of ETA, btw.

Ragnister
Trionn you're ♥♥♥♥ing with this ♥♥♥♥ing game!!!

Dwafa
Thank you Scapes. I am new to this game (only a couple days in, although, paid for a 3 month patron status). I have enjoyed what I've seen so far and this is certainly not the first time i've played a game and had to endure server/latency/network/etc...issues. That said, can't wait to get back to some gaming!

Droxon
12-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Maybe instead of everyone ♥♥♥♥♥ing (we've all, myself included, done plenty of that) we could propose legitimate ideas for recompense?

I'll start. Personally I wouldn't be satisfied with pots or anything worth less than "100g." It doesn't need to be monetary, or even tradeable, but it needs to feel worth at least that much. I say this because as was stated before aged larders disappearing, lost labor, lost time, lost land etc...100g in value roughly would be...more than many lost, but less than some loss without being overboard.

That being said, if the recompense comes in the form of "credit discount" "bonus xp" or some other promotion that nets the company money (obviously this is not modifying bonus xp) I will probably unsubscribe. For me that would be insulting.

I would like to see increased drop rates, or perhaps increased proficiency gains for at least a few days personally.

Say we lost two days?? so thats what.. 2-12 pots +2880*2 labor.. Regardless, at minimum two days of double labor proficiency/xp gain or something to that effect would be nice.

handjobs all around

smiteless
We better get all the losses back.. all the people that lost their houses/farm
people that were middle of runs.. idk what the ♥♥♥♥ is taking yall really this long to do this? and yet yall had time to sleep and
repost 10fkr hours later? GG fkn scrubs yall really did a great ♥♥♥♥in job giving us no information at all AGAIN

Hashasin
Some ETA? or something that approximates an eta? come on. I am an addict, have some compassion.

Southernstar71
OP should be banned for a post w/o any REAL information in it..... js

Cydonius
a TS tree for everyone!!! oh wait they're freaking worthless thx to Trion

Donbeario
O.o how about a car + another free month of patron that be cool for the time i didnt get my DRUG!!!

GokouZWAR
So did he actually give any information?

Technically yes...the new info is that they'll compensate for the downtime generously....that's something but since it's not fixed there's no way to know what compensation we will get. I just hope I'm not banned cuz I got on during the latency times between the server restarts and so did all 3 of my kids. We may all be banned now...can't know for sure cuz the servers haven't come back up to know...

Jax
12-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the update.

Please assign a moderator to this thread and manage the significant ♥♥♥♥ posting problem.

Priceless
thx for finally giving a update on the status...

Pro
Thank you Scapes. I am new to this game (only a couple days in, although, paid for a 3 month patron status). I have enjoyed what I've seen so far and this is certainly not the first time i've played a game and had to endure server/latency/network/etc...issues. That said, can't wait to get back to some gaming!

*wonders if i ever started out that innocent*

Mezlo
Scapes since all this has happened,would now not be the perfect time to to fully update the game to bring us up to date with Korea. Then we would not have to get tiny patches and have alot more fun. I understand that translating the code takes time,though this is that time. Let us get what they have. :)

grav
Those of us that are addicted to Archeage, need our fix. /twitch

vajtswv
Give me APEX give me CREDITS give me extended PATRON Status

Rathiain
Can we assume that you will accommodate the time on taxes by adding the additional time to the dues dates/times so those people with due dates close by, don't get screwed over (not me fortunately).

Hopefully nothing that crashes the market ;)

prettygirlsassy

good job good to know that our patron isnt being abused we appreciate it very much NOW HURRY UP SO WE CAN PLAY DAMIT!!!

Remec
12-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Generous compensation... Hmm we will see. For some reason I am skeptical.

It better not be an extension on our patron status...

Un4GivN
thx for finally giving a update on the status...

What update? He didnt say anything we didnt already know... You guy get amused by fancy words easily. He said NOTHING PERTINENT.

Edoc
questions for faq:

time
1.) has the server time been suspended?
- patron status
- mail
- crop timers

housing specific
2.) are taxes being generated on the normal schedule?
3.) what about late fees?
4.) are housing demos still occurring even though the servers are unavailable?

all want answers!!!!

Flamez44
Thanks Trion for the update!

jdjdjd

This please!

denully
so in the other long thread people whine and cry about no updates or feedback and them wanting compensation, now you got an update, you'll get the compensation and yet you still cry and whine about it all....

cant make kids happy no matter what you do.

jueboy
Adventurers,

well thank you very much, this took away half my worrying about this situation entirely. now how hard was that? i mean really? couldnt as much have been said a long damn time ago and sated myself and the rest of this mob that has been starving for an update?

Seyrenyo
the compensation must be something great what we couldnt archive in the 2 days downtime...so yea...something imbalanced :D

Jadia
12-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Is it going to be another 2 hours? 5 hours? 12 hours? Or days? I understand an ETA might not be possible, but if it's going to be several hours or longer, it would be nice if you would let us know that. That way we can all go do something else instead of sitting here trying the game every few minutes, and posting on these forums.

QuebecGold
Scapes my Anchor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhL85gagtoQ

Shiny Of Mu

I completely agree. I know people are very frustrated and need to vent by chain posting. But we need one thread completely locked down, with only information related to the server outage. It's tough to read through all the posts to see what is going on.

RedXSpartan
Some 50% for the thunder struck tree will be good & a free month of patron? gildas?

Dostarr
Thanks for the update.

Please assign a moderator to this thread and manage the significant ♥♥♥♥ posting problem.

Trying to censor the internet is impossible. If you are personally offended by ♥♥♥♥ I recommend you stick to twitter for your status updates. Or just...don't read everything. You can't have your cake an eat it to. It's either a polymorphic generative engine or appliancized data transfer....You want the benefits of the former with all the benefits of the latter where they're mutually exclusive. So quit being illogical, and if you need to make modifications to YOUR habits to prevent your children or otherwise from seeing the ♥♥♥♥ then do so.

Yukinon
12-01-2014, 03:38 PM
The compensation better not be "20% off when you buy credits".

Duirtree

I want credits. Anything less will be a limp-wristed handjob from someone who'd rather be somewhere else.

Seriously though, anything other than credits and I'll be going out the door marked 'whiners and quitters'

KamikazeRainb0wz
http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/129533-Is-This-Real-Life-Or-Is-This-Just-Fantasy.gif?1

IDK how it's even possible for the servers to still be down :confused: I got back from holiday and logged on to be able to play for 10 min, I didn't even get a chance to get to my 2nd cheese farm and I'm sure the cheese has disappeared by now.. I love this game but goodness the lack of control of the servers and bugs/exploits is getting ridiculous! Can you guys maybe hire a few people that know what they're doing? :( Pretty please?

Honcho
Hmmm....

http://trionworlds.com/en/careers/redwood-shores/?cjobid=EB719862107

:p:confused:

Nechao
Late but done.... I hope to see good news or new message before two days. Do you know how much money cost one day in your game ?

Troubles
The compensation better not be "20% off when you buy credits".

lol I see that coming

Saltybuns
Hire more sys admins...

Dostarr
12-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I want credits. Anything less will be a limp-wristed handjob from someone who'd rather be somewhere else.

Seriously though, anything other than credits and I'll be going out the door marked 'whiners and quitters'

The problem I see with that is A: it loses Trion money (though they did bring it on themselves in some sense) and B: If everyone has credits, credits won't be worth anything.

Nyusszy
Questions for FAQ:

Time
- Patron status
- mail
- crop timers

Housing specific

THIS!!! I want to know too.....
But if I have to make a guess: whose house/garden should have been demolished today/yesterday - they will be gone :(
No rollback, no extra patron days... BUT!! here you are some healing potions and a pet XP boost...

plaYer2k
I certainly am interested in said "compensation" aswell, especially because patrons are running out as we speak without having a chance to use it (couldnt connect to both EU and NA within the last 2 days).
As this game is hugely economy driven, each day means a loss in money and loyalty token, unspend labor, no proficiency gain.

So what Trixogolist asked for (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?134477-ArcheAge-Server-Connectivity-Issues&p=1264379&viewfull=1#post1264379) should be answered or at least dealt with afterwards.

As a modest patron, i personally am happy enough about additional patron time for what happened. But that is just my opinion.
For many others it is too late already and they did leave this game and dont care about any compensation other than paying them back real money anymore, i daresay.

So far, i enjoy the game and plan on continuing it ... if the "gods" let us.

Aodra
Well, I'm just going to say thanks for an actual post about it. I mean, LONG overdue but hell... whatever. Y'know.

<3 you. (Like a bad boyfriend)

KarmaComa
I have spent more time than I wanted laughing at all of these memes.

http://i.imgur.com/8R60vCcl.jpg

Droxon
Hmmm....

"Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills"....

Tiramisu
Ragonk?
10char

smiteless
lol I see that coming

lol ^ it better not be rly...

Southernstar71
12-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Hmmm....

I don't play Moba's, but you can be damn sure I won't play Trion Moba...

denully
so in the other long thread people whine and cry about no updates or feedback and them wanting compensation, now you got an update, you'll get the compensation and yet you still cry and whine about it all....

AiCerAirus
< Smiled on the compensate part lolol

TheMorrigan
Can you give us any ETA on resolution?

Lauro
12-01-2014, 03:41 PM
So not saying WHAT caused the problem ?

Mclaren
Thank you for the update, albeit late.

We're determining the cause of the problem and are continuing to work around the clock to restore normal service

We can only assume with this, is that you still have no idea who or what is causing the problem?

mossside
Trying to censor the internet is impossible. If you are personally offended by ♥♥♥♥ I recommend you stick to twitter for your status updates. Or just...don't read everything. You can't have your cake an eat it to. It's either a polymorphic generative engine or appliancized data transfer....You want the benefits of the former with all the benefits of the latter where they're mutually exclusive. So quit being illogical, and if you need to make modifications to YOUR habits to prevent your children or otherwise from seeing the ♥♥♥♥ then do so.

I think he just wants a mod?

Ragnister
i heard ragnarok?

LoginIsBroken
Don't worry, you'll get 5000 labor, and in exchange you'll lose your land. Good deal?

Vaelarius
12-01-2014, 03:42 PM
if the free player's aren't compensated the same as patrons i quit, if the compensation is a cash grab or gain for trino i quit. gg wp.

kaoti
>we are still working to figure out what happened
>we will be doing these things, just not now

neat.

dubznow
So, this concludes.... absolutely nothing! :D

Pusher
We should note Scraps has not ruled out the following causes for server latency:

1. Ferguson
2. Ebola
3. The 2012 TERRORIST attack on the US embassy in Benghazi (Think about it)
4. IRS Targeting (Servers are in Texas and we know how the regime feels about TX!)
5. Failed foreign policies
6. Failed economic policies
7. Fast and Furious (You can run Holder but you cannot hide) #timeisonourside
8. Complications from the ever changing Affordable Care Act
9. NSA spying on Foreign citizens
10. NSA spying on domestic citizens (F2P and Patron both!)
11. Bad RAM from Frys
12. Climate change

NIAMA SERVER HOLDIN IT DOWN! #TCOT #TCOAA

Pirate Dexter
Adventurers,

Someone plugged in too many christmas lights didn't they?

Toonz

An update infers that new information was provided. What Scapes offered was more of the same (only 10 hours later) plus the mention of compensation which is nothing more than a reach around.

Rolandz
Generous compensation sounds very good right now. Very happy to hear it. And it's nice to hear the network team has been working to resolve the issue!

Afrojack
Guys, it's gonna be okay. The new WoW expansion is really fun. I've been playing it during all this downtime. The best part, their servers only go down for a couple hours, and on a regularly scheduled, once-per-week basis.

Just sayin.

Dracone

U sound like a communist .... lets sensor everything

Mcushing
ty scapes as ever i will wait for the servers to come back up and good on yalls team to get this done as fast as you can

Xollo
12-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the update

Aaei
Thanks Scapes for trying really hard to keep us updated. I know it takes time and it's difficult to post the proper information for people, especially when there's so many upset people. It's like you're stepping on tacts with neverending pain.

patemma

While I do feel your anti-rage rage, i think there is a legit criticism of this update in that it basically says nothing of any consequence...No ETA, not even an "Hey, it's going to be no less than xxx hours" no cause, no nothing...so yeah, it was a pretty awful non-update of an update...but the rage thing is getting tiring...

F0xtr0t369
Thanks for the update scapes. The housing question is the same one I would ask. Are taxes running as normal you think and do you think property scheduled for demo during this time will in fact be demoed?

Begs02
Our compensation is some free savory soup...and all of the entertainment the forums have provided us with these last couple of days. LOL

xxdarkxwarxx
Scapes, good on ya mate but seriously, you need to give an ETA...or at least an "No chance in hell before xxx hours"...that's what folks are waiting for...

what he said

Aodra
Don't worry, you'll get 5000 labor, and in exchange you'll lose your land. Good deal?

I have an 8x8 because I can't find anything else. I'll take it!

Fuzdip
Thanks for posting this, poor Issu is forum banned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6HUHyQteIso

Dostarr

An update without new 'news' isn't an update at all. It's a restatement of prior news. A re-post. "We are analyzing the situation" "we have analyzed the situation"

If I ran a company I would be like, "Alright folks, sorry about the delays to the server. Apparently our server cooling unit went down, we were understaffed to the holiday week and we failed to notice it in time. While we have backups to the data we are currently investigating how much damage was done. Unfortunately at this time it is impossible to give an ETA until we get into the units and determine how much damage was done. Sorry."

It's not that hard to be sincere, it's not hard to be honest. You do not have to lie and feed ♥♥♥♥ to have good PR contrary to popular belief if you just level with people and are wholehearted most will understand. Those that don't ♥♥♥♥ em.

LoginIsBroken
Compensation would be at least extended Patron status + 10 worker pots

kaoti
Generous compensation sounds very good right now. Very happy to hear it. And it's nice to hear the network team has been working to resolve the issue!

I have a feeling that 5 seconds after they announce what the compensation actually is, someone will start a thread titled "generous" compensation!?

Terabyte
http://i.minus.com/iGFA8eQQVijUX.gif

Next time servers go down i'll have my gifs ready.

Duirtree
The problem I see with that is A: it loses Trion money (though they did bring it on themselves in some sense) and B: If everyone has credits, credits won't be worth anything.

That's the point though - so far, the only thing they've shown real concern about is the Ca$h $hop.
APEX exploits - "panic! freeze the servers!"

Auroria launch - "at least the cash shop is okay"
Dancing people off their carts - "now you can get exploited off a bigger cart - visit the cash shop!"

Villainouz
12-01-2014, 03:44 PM
if the free player's aren't compensated the same as patrons i quit, if the compensation is a cash grab or gain for trino i quit. gg wp.

Free players are not the ones hurt. Patrons are the ones PAYING for the game. If patrons are not compensated more so, then I see no reason to keep subscribed to an unplayable game.

dash
We open a new thread, it runs some lollipops and 50% of people lick the ground and say thank you, that's great.

minipirtex2
GG
Avoid most of the questions for there ♥♥♥♥ty quality of work i have a feeling that like 20% of the community thats left will start to leave now as well

#Not happy trion

Taz1985
12-01-2014, 03:45 PM
can we please get an update to what is going on

KyRo
China hates Trion for some reason.. and They arn't letting up since 8am CST yesturday

vajtswv
who cares about compensation we all just want to play

farm them t3 hasla, glitch gha bosses, watch bots run galore, afk ingame for labor

Malakus
"Members of our Network and Operations Teams..." NOT

Pro
lets be honest, Trion is going to want to give out 1 month of patron. we the community think this is a load os ♥♥♥♥. to satisfy both sides AND help the extremely overpriced economy they should give every person 2 Apex. this is equivalent to 1 month patron and at the same time would allow everyone to spend credits if they didnt want patron. it would ALSO lower the price of almost everything cash shop related in the game. this would practically help you so much Trion! do this!

plaYer2k
Especially because that isnt even "♥♥♥♥". It is simple nudity and pretty legit.
It is just the issue of a few oddly minded that naked people are worse than publically accepted violence.

Lets not make that mistake to accept decapitated people, gore and violent death but shun something that is as normal and harmless as simple nudity.
Overall the question is, what society do you want to be in, one that kills each other (even children (school shootings *hint hint*)) or ... yeah i guess everyone sees where that is going to :-)

Gormoo
Maybe they'll give us donuts if we cry some more!!!

Apoc
12-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Questions for FAQ:

Time
- Patron status
- mail
- crop timers

Housing specific

Very interested in knowing whats going to happen to land as a result of this "downtime" I know i had taxes i needed to pay. cant remember how long i had but would like to know what the facts of demo times and taxes due while severs are in the state they are in are.

Dostarr
Free players are not the ones hurt. Patrons are the ones PAYING for the game. If patrons are not compensated more so, then I see no reason to keep subscribed to an unplayable game.

You pay for the benefits of patron. The microtransaction people that buy the apex and items from the cash shop are the ones who pay for the free guys. Not you. Patron (sub) is the status quo of MMORPG. Though that's quickly changing.

Dracone
I don't think latency is the cause of the downtime I think a larger problem caused the latency.. the game was unplayable when it was online
mount took 5-15 min to spawn
mail 5-15 min to open
gathering 5-15 min to receive(labor and xp gained rite away)
and u had to do all of this with a msg from the GM saying if the problomes continue the game will reset the servers

CROVETA
Just call to someone from blizz to teach u how to solve this kind of problems... 200 usd wasted on this.... WHAT A SHAME!

Necromonicon
The big question now is: When they finally do get the servers back up and I believe they will without a doubt. Will there be anyone left to play on them??

kaoti
"Members of our Network and Operations Teams..." NOT
Scapesgoat sure loves his word play.

Bulgingpockets
Punch and pie!

Thank you for the update. I'm preparing to play on Wednesday, but it will be a pleasant surprise if it happens sooner!

All your farm are belong to Rick James...

Optimas
Where's my Compensation!
Where's my Compensation!
Where's my Compensation!
Where's my Compensation!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WAAAAAAAAA

Zreks
China hates Trion for some reason.. and They arn't letting up since 8am CST yesturday

are you really this damn stupid? those DDOS attacks have nothing to do with this ♥♥♥♥ and thats been going for weeks

Apoc
12-01-2014, 03:47 PM
AWWWW =( the other forum with all the pron in it is gone. sad day

Jordison
lets be honest, Trion is going to want to give out 1 month of patron. we the community think this is a load os ♥♥♥♥. to satisfy both sides AND help the extremely overpriced economy they should give every person 2 Apex. this is equivalent to 1 month patron and at the same time would allow everyone to spend credits if they didnt want patron. it would ALSO lower the price of almost everything cash shop related in the game. this would practically help you so much Trion! do this!

u're right, but on the other hand, they can give us 100 racing kits for each one of us :) :) :)

Hashasin
I don't think latency is the cause of the downtime I think a larger problem caused the latency.. the game was unplayable when it was online
mount took 5-15 min to spawn
mail 5-15 min to open
gathering 5-15 min to receive(labor and xp gained rite away)
and u had to do all of this with a msg from the GM saying if the problomes continue the game will reset the servers

Nebe was fine, really fine... then the gods have disco you. gg

kalzaeth
How about every take a freaking chill pill. Drink some booze, some some stuff whatever you want. These kinds of things happen. Yes I agree it is really frustrating not being able to play etc. However get a freaking life, go for a walk, watch tv, read a book. I personally think you all are whiny little Biches. If you are so butthurt over this then leave. At least we will have more land when you quit the game.

I am not going to lie I am annoyed with this as yesterday and today were my days off, but I do have a life oustide of gaming. Maybe you all should as well.

Thanks for making a great/fun game I look forward to all the fun content and extras in the future

KingReptar
Probably for impersonation but none the less it is completely correct xD That is all we ever get from them. Sorry.... doesn't solve our problems with the game.

Irrlicht
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/done.png

Pesttlience
did somehthing happen that I missed. The thread get closed on NA server/ ?

ArchAgeUser
Hmmm....

I have zero experience, applied and was already offered a position in less than 10 minutes.

Vaelarius
12-01-2014, 03:48 PM

There goes another patron on his high horse thinking his time and effort is worth more then another person's.

Disconnection
Hey on the bright side you just lost enough players/paying customers that you wont have to worry about the Servers overheating :rolleyes:

ZeroSumPhase
http://gallery.kg4cyx.net/var/albums/Macros-and-such/cat%20-%20i%20love%20this%20thread%20so%20much-2.jpg?m=1307639941

I'm just sayin'.

Centurian
Wow. An adult has broken into this thread! Well said Dostarr.

Droxon
You pay for the benefits of patron. The microtransaction people that buy the apex and items from the cash shop are the ones who pay for the free guys. Not you. Patron (sub) is the status quo of MMORPG. Though that's quickly changing.

I am a patron though someone else "paid" for it. I deserve everything anyone who pays gets, as I worked for my status in game. Free players working for gold makes the game better for everyone.

Pusher
REPARATIONS FOR ALL!

#ServerProblems #Ferguson

Thepervertone
i think house demolition still occured, when inoch was on, i checked all houses that was scheduled to be demolished during maintenance, and sadly hacker already got all of them

Xeden
12-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Scapes: I think the community would be much more understanding if we could obtain better details about the root of the issue. Is it a code issue with the server? When I read connection/latency issue, I think ISP issue, or peer issue, but doesn't seem to be the case. Is there any information that can be spared, even if it's just comment about the server code being looked for possible causes of latency, etc.

Dostarr
Wow. An adult has broken into this thread! Well said Dostarr.

We're a dangerous and rare breed my friend. We might even go extinct o.0.

AnglerWitch
hahah xD just came back from work and its still broken...i really hope alot people quit this game just to teach them a lesson.

Dunno about others but I subscribed just 3 weeks ago and I've already seen too many server fubars to renew my subscription. I'll be F2P until I see them get their ♥♥♥♥ together and not have a server problem in at least 4 consecutive months.

vajtswv
1000 1k 1k 1000 COMPENSATION We Can DO IT!!!

KingReptar
Adventurers,

Should read "Updates.... We barely give any information to our community. Why should we do this regularly???"

Gamora
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPAZJvbH1s

Darkworth
Scapes, just a suggestion... lock this thread so the lemmings cannot post to it and just use it to post your updates, otherwise this is going to turn into another 1300+ page rant from the basement virgins and it will be next to impossible for you to get pertinent information out to the players.

Pusher
12-01-2014, 03:50 PM
I have zero experience, applied and was already offered a position in less than 10 minutes.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Duirtree
1000 1k 1k 1000 COMPENSATION We Can DO IT!!!

1000 what?

dubznow
Will this one make it to 1k pages as well before things are fixed? lol

Bandito
Just a simple question...

Has anyone at Trion recently been fired? Only ask since this seems to be a inside job. If its not a DDOS and Trion rules out all the outside influences, we are left with a inside job..

If its software, then how is it that some servers are up and some down... is each NA server really so diff than the other?

I know... slam me community if you want but I am only trying to bring some ideas to the table since 99% of the forum warriors are only here to slam each other and Trion. One thing is very clear, most of the community are decent folks, but the hate and crap talkers clearly don't have a life.

GL Trion I hope you find w/e it is. Still love the game.

Surry
This video kinda sums up the communication here I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG7m56rbDQQ

Creeface

As a free player what have you lost.. you arent paying monthly so stfu. Go rage at some other game. Greedy people always wanting something when you havent paid to earn compensation.

Nodoze
Lock the threads.

Pro
lets be honest, Trion is going to want to give out 1 month of patron. we the community think this is a load os ♥♥♥♥. to satisfy both sides AND help the extremely overpriced economy they should give every person 2 Apex. this is equivalent to 1 month patron and at the same time would allow everyone to spend credits if they didnt want patron. it would ALSO lower the price of almost everything cash shop related in the game. this would practically help you so much Trion! do this!@@@

Malakus
12-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Scapes, just a suggestion... lock this thread so the lemmings cannot post to it and just use it to post your updates, otherwise this is going to turn into another 1300+ page rant from the basement virgins and it will be next to impossible for you to get pertinent information out to the players.

White Knights to the rescue! Just FYI Mr. Darkworthless, Scapes can post his updates on the 1st page.

Scapes
Time
- Patron status
- mail
- crop timers

Housing specific

SINNsinn

that ♥♥♥♥ is already at like 15,000.... 1300 was within the first 5 mins :D

vajtswv

thats what DEV TRACKER is for, AIM FOR GLORU 1K 1K 1000

Dostarr
I am a patron though someone else "paid" for it. I deserve everything anyone who pays gets, as I worked for my status in game. Free players working for gold makes the game better for everyone.

I apologize, to elaborate fully would have required a walldump. I don't consider wonderful people like you to be f2p. Granted you don't pay for the game, but you create the demand that uses someone elses desire to pay for the game. IMO If you have patron, be it from gold or $$ you are not f2p. (I repeat, this is JUUUUST my OPINION.) So that's where I was coming from when I said that. Yes, you do make it better. Which is why I love the microtransaction + sub model that EQ2 started (I believe). :D

Bluerex
Is it me or did more servers go online (http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/archeage) in the last 6 hours?

kira22x1
thanx for the update

Vale
http://media1.giphy.com/media/wkpW3YxvI4000/200.gif

+1 for the most appropriate gif of the week

Kelindal
12-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Hey on the bright side you just lost enough players/paying customers that you wont have to worry about the Servers overheating :rolleyes:

Hah.

Hah.

Madhavoc
A lot of people do not know about this yet lol

Zreks
lets be honest, Trion is going to want to give out 1 month of patron. we the community think this is a load os ♥♥♥♥. to satisfy both sides AND help the extremely overpriced economy they should give every person 2 Apex. this is equivalent to 1 month patron and at the same time would allow everyone to spend credits if they didnt want patron. it would ALSO lower the price of almost everything cash shop related in the game. this would practically help you so much Trion! do this!@@@

oh yeah, and lower prices= more pay to win

Pusher
Just a simple question...

Has anyone at Trion recently been fired? Only ask since this seems to be a inside job. If its not a DDOS and Trion rules out all the outside influences, we are left with a inside job..

If its software, then how is it that some servers are up and some down... is each NA server really so diff than the other?

I know... slam me community if you want but I am only trying to bring some ideas to the table since 99% of the forum warriors are only here to slam each other and Trion. One thing is very clear, most of the community are decent folks, but the hate and crap talkers clearly don't have a life.

GL Trion I hope you find w/e it is. Still love the game.

Intriguing! Or maybe it was something like we saw from the hit film "Jumper"?

Jooga
Thanks for the updates Scapes. I hope we can be playing again sooooooon.

cadevan
Thankfully Tahyang was working today, if you're willing to sit in a 3 hour queue. I got to my farms and had literally 90 gold worth of livestock die-off and lost another few hundred in sick/hungry, not to mention my withered crops. If you aren't going to let people on stop time so we don't lose hundreds from farms going to waste.

kira22x1
Hah.

Hah.

+ there will be some land opening up pretty soon if we are lucky

Villainouz
12-01-2014, 03:53 PM

Ah, one of those who believe they know where all of their income goes? Go ahead and provide some links showing exactly where they spend each dollar and how that dollar was obtained. Patrons are still paying for a game on a monthly basis that they cannot log into. Their compensation should be higher. Next time the game comes up take a look at the thousands of homes built and add up all that. Don't act like the patron status is a minor income to them. Patrons also use the microtransactions as well as the sub. So in what logic does that make FTP players on equal footing in compensation for downtime?

Malakus
"these timers do continue to tick down. Property taxes are due every two weeks and we're working to bring the servers back up as quickly as possible."

This is scary...

Pomponella
page 19 again:*( we have had <1k pages already on the old NA solo thread, i want extra compensation for this ;)

ErenYaeger

I hope you realize some people do more than others, and what is considered a "generous" compensation for most, isn't even close for the rest of us who know how to utilize the game/market. I can make 2k gold in a single day.. and I can almost guarantee I won't be satisfied with the compensation.

Blackbeardies
Hmm. What is this ? Havnt been able to log on Nui server for over 2 days. Other servers is fine., What is going on ???

Moosestick
they think stoping on forum thread will stop us...... NEVER

TheArtisticFox
oh yeah like this is supposed to calm our ♥♥♥♥. we are about riot and pillage these forums, NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!

Eldur
For the ones who understand German... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWOmRZT8GEw

Terabyte

so you launched AA with no game plan for if things went bad?
http://i.imgur.com/huQFu.gif

Rehsiloba
12-01-2014, 03:54 PM

first time i have ever seen anyone at trion actually respond to a post. This is a good start, keep it up.

Droxon
As a free player what have you lost.. you arent paying monthly so stfu. Go rage at some other game. Greedy people always wanting something when you havent paid to earn compensation.

time is money. ive bought three months of patron in-gam. by all of us free players playing, the game is better. if you want to throw a couple $1000 to get the best armor go ahead, i have a real life i spend my real money on.

Pro
lets be honest, Trion is going to want to give out 1 month of patron. we the community think this is a load os ♥♥♥♥. to satisfy both sides AND help the extremely overpriced economy they should give every person 2 Apex. this is equivalent to 1 month patron and at the same time would allow everyone to spend credits if they didnt want patron. it would ALSO lower the price of almost everything cash shop related in the AUCTION HOUSE. this would practically help you so much Trion! do this!

RealMads
Server forecast update:
it seems like Trion's having difficulty Rising to the challenge in bringing the servers back Up so we can all stop Blowing off steam and return to our Big adventures.

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/10/weather_forecast_growing_innuendo-5419.gif

its being a Long day........

Talius

You rock scapesy. How about houses placed on top of other houses?

Jent
God you people are some seriously demanding, unreasonable bastards. Stop posting, find something else to do, quit if you're going to quit, start a movement to bring players to the next best game that will experience the same kind of ♥♥♥♥ within the first three months of launch, then rinse and repeat to your heart's content, you shampoo fanatics. I like the game, and I'm not interested in crucifying the distributor when they have to deal with Korea to get patches built and deployed.

Resolving issues takes time, confirmation, implementation and assurance the problem won't resurface. If I had to guess? Someone is DDoSing. They aren't speaking up about it, but I'd bet some butthurt ban hammer victim has decided to launch a little tantrum. Go for a walk, have that talk with your parents you've been putting off, do your homework.

Hinohara
Thank you for the update guys and we appriciate for ur hard works....i hope u guys can fix the issues as ssoon as possible so we can continue our journey in the world of archeage ^.^

Vale
You guys do realize that directing us to this thread was a conspiracy to stop us from getting 2000 pages on the other thread right?

Vaelarius

like people have already said, just because you didn't buy the patron yourself doesn't mean you didn't earn it in other means, and free players earning there own gold is not and never will be a bad thing. your the kind that's just too stupid to comprehend that.

vajtswv
I hope you realize some people do more than others, and what is considered a "generous" compensation for most, isn't even close for the rest of us who know how to utilize the game/market. I can make 2k gold in a single day.. and I can almost guarantee I won't be satisfied with the compensation.

Just a heads up. I'm already as upset about this as I am going to get, a piss poor attempt at compensation won't further piss me off. I've got a date in mind and if the game is not back up and in full swing by then, I will be quitting the game, and you can expect a huge flux in chargebacks from people. Including this guy.

HAVE a nice date bye bye

Ndox
Questions for FAQ:

Time
- Patron status - has the timer been stopped on Patron?
- Are free to play Patron timers being temporarily suspended due to the fact they cannot get Patron (no game access)
- mail
- crop timers

Housing specific

Siege

5) Are the Sieges from Sunday being rescheduled AND refunded or just rescheduled?

THIS is all that matters. please aswer us scapes!

dubznow
12-01-2014, 03:55 PM
You guys do realize that directing us to this thread was a conspiracy to stop us from getting 2000 pages on the other thread right?

I knew it! Damn it all to hell!

bulldognu
trion with the black trunks on left,,, china on right

http://38.media.tumblr.com/7e6afc9a0e2e880be3cf1f52699ad9e8/tumblr_nfum6fPefp1s2yegdo1_400.gif

TingTangTong
what you make it - ok, so we've not been able to get in on our NA servers for over 30 hrs now but instead of crying about it, a few of our Guild from the NA servers went over to the EU servers and made char's there - levelling up has been goofy and fun - we even made a new guild and already in one day has over 100 members haha and it surely beats sitting around getting frustrated over the issues.

That said, i hope things get fixed soon. I miss my chickens :)

QuebecGold
i'm seen a reduction of the hate comment and post since we have a update ... wow impressive what some costumer service can accomplish when they inform the playerbase

fckirbz

ty for the reply. i'll try to add relevant questions to the front.

Dostarr
Ah, one of those who believe they know where all of their income goes? Go ahead and provide some links showing exactly where they spend each dollar and how that dollar was obtained. Patrons are still paying for a game on a monthly basis that they cannot log into. Their compensation should be higher. Next time the game comes up take a look at the thousands of homes built and add up all that. Don't act like the patron status is a minor income to them. Patrons also use the microtransactions as well as the sub. So in what logic does that make FTP players on equal footing in compensation for downtime?

You misunderstood my intentions or I worded it incorrectly mate. What I am trying to say is... The status quo for an MMO is $14.99/mo = full access.. No cash shop, no nada.. You either pay to play or you don't play. When you implement a microtransaction and f2p/patron system like Archeage has...anyone with Patron is paying for their own weight. Now if you go further and purchase credits or something else, THEN you are carrying someone elses burden as well. I have no ♥♥♥♥ing idea where Trion spends their money. My guess is they spend absolute minimal fees while they try to recoup royalty fees etc, but that's at most..conjecture.

Basically patron ($14.99 or paying gold for two apex) = paying for yourself, anything extra goes to cover the f2p.

dubznow
12-01-2014, 03:56 PM
what you make it - ok, so we've not been able to get in on our NA servers for over 30 hrs now but instead of crying about it, a few of our Guild from the NA servers went over to the EU servers and made char's there - levelling up has been goofy and fun - we even made a new guild and already in one day has over 100 members haha and it surely beats sitting around getting frustrated over the issues.

That said, i hope things get fixed soon. I miss my chickens :)

Which servers did you guys go to?

Sewayne
awww, maintenance. So long :(

Gamora
really after servers being down for about a day you have no ETA of when they will be back up even if it is a wild guess?

Jent
lets be honest, Trion is going to want to give out 1 month of patron. we the community think this is a load os ♥♥♥♥. to satisfy both sides AND help the extremely overpriced economy they should give every person 2 Apex. this is equivalent to 1 month patron and at the same time would allow everyone to spend credits if they didnt want patron. it would ALSO lower the price of almost everything cash shop related in the AUCTION HOUSE. this would practically help you so much Trion! do this!

Welp, you certainly don't speak for me.

KingReptar
lol it is Korean is it not? not chinese :P

dealzthehealz
time is money. ive bought three months of patron in-gam. by all of us free players playing, the game is better. if you want to throw a couple $1000 to get the best armor go ahead, i have a real life i spend my real money on.

No, your time is not money. You are not earning real money for playing AA. The game owes you nothing....

frankel
God you people are some seriously demanding, unreasonable bastards. Stop posting, find something else to do, quit if you're going to quit, start a movement to bring players to the next best game that will experience the same kind of ♥♥♥♥ within the first three months of launch, then rinse and repeat to your heart's content, you shampoo fanatics. I like the game, and I'm not interested in crucifying the distributor when they have to deal with Korea to get patches built and deployed.

Resolving issues takes time, confirmation, implementation and assurance the problem won't resurface. If I had to guess? Someone is DDoSing. They aren't speaking up about it, but I'd bet some butthurt ban hammer victim has decided to launch a little tantrum. Go for a walk, have that talk with your parents you've been putting off, do your homework.

Or... not.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?132439-ArcheAge-NA-Server-Connectivity-Issues-11-30-14-at-9-45-AM-PST-%28GMT-8%29&p=1250766#post1250766

Yazule
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mptP7aqGjWw&app=desktop

hah

BurningBush
12-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I have a suggestions. Kill the Free 2 Play. Monthly Subs only.

Kyrellia
Server forecast update:
it seems like Trion's having difficulty Rising to the challenge in bringing the servers back Up so we can all stop Blowing off steam and return to our Big adventures.

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/10/weather_forecast_growing_innuendo-5419.gif

its being a Long day........

lets help dem bunnys o/

cults
@Scapes can you at least tell us if there's even a possibility or remote chance the servers will be back up tonight so we can plan accordingly?

vajtswv

soooo just double post on both threads hit that

Laishlife
In short: We're working on it.

That's about all this tells us, really...

Terabyte
lol it is Korean is it not? not chinese :P

tomato potato. same thing.

Zreks
What the ♥♥♥♥ does "Soon" mean............. GIVE A ♥♥♥♥ING TIME 10 MINUTES 10 HOURS 10 DAYS ITS EASY

denully
While I do feel your anti-rage rage, i think there is a legit criticism of this update in that it basically says nothing of any consequence...No ETA, not even an "Hey, it's going to be no less than xxx hours" no cause, no nothing...so yeah, it was a pretty awful non-update of an update...but the rage thing is getting tiring...

my rage is a roller-coaster :) i hate the downtime cause i cant play and at times i hate how ignorant some players are :P
I have worked in IT support for years now, so i just feel for the poor community guys, they aren't the techs, they most likely run around trying to gather information and is just asked to wait by the Techs and operation guys.
They have to deal with the angry users and the threats against them, while they cant do anything. They know if they post the same updates, they get flamed, if they post nothing, they get flamed. They push their Tech/Ops guys and they get nothing. Basically no matter what they do, they get all the ♥♥♥♥. ;)

Despite how much people want to hate Trion and make it sound like they are the only mmorpg with downtime, its the same ♥♥♥♥ no matter what MMORPG you try and if you say otherwise, well your full of it ;)
WOW was down for a week, WAR was down for.... think its easier to say when it was actually up.... and it goes on.
Call me a trion ♥♥♥ kisser or ♥♥♥ licker or what ever childish things you can come up with ;) i really don't give a rats ♥♥♥ what you think, i just love to poke angry people hehe

ps. @Patemma my post got a bit off track as always, i say You a few times in here, thats not ment as YOU ( Patemma ) but ment as all the whiners out there. :)