PDA

View Full Version : ~ The Crime System ~ The Pirates Guide to Glory!

Blue
04-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Hey everyone, Blue here and here's my attempt to cover the Prison System that is within the game!

- Disclaimer -
If there is any information that isn't exactly correct, please let me know as my own translations from currently released clients may be off somewhat.
The images provided are of my own or a fellow guild member!
I will be updating it with more information on the Crime System each step at a time!

So! The Archeage Prison System is pretty good, and from my own experience with MMORPG's it's one of the most well thought out system's to date.
Let's start on the mechanics of this System.
Each time you commit some sort of Crime, you gain Crime Points which once rose to a certain amount will net you a trip to court or if you've been a bad little player, Piracy!

To get sent to prison, you will need to obtain 50 Crime Points.
To get a life of Piracy and plunder, you will need to obtain 3,000 Crime Points!
There is a way however, to slowly yet surely ( unless you go on another rampage ) to lose you're crime points. These are a form of daily quests that lower you're Crime Points by 30 each time you get one!

There are ( to my knowledge ) three separate ways to gain Crime Points:

Assault - Simply put, the act of attacking a fellow friendly Faction player in a PvP-Enabled Warzone. ( 1 Crime Point )
Murder - As it sounds, to murder someone of you're own Faction in cold blood. ( 10 Crime Points )
Theft - To steal crops that are not you're own from somebody of the same faction. ( 3 Crime Points )

As said above, 2/3 of these actions can only take place in a PvP-Enabled Warzone or more efficiently out at sea, so it's up to you to decide what would be the fastest way for you to obtain these points if Piracy is you're goal. Yaar! Just a little tip, you can actually kill Friendly Faction pets and mounts and it will still count as Murder!

So, how/when do you get these Crime Points after the crime has been done you ask? Depending on where you are and what Crime you commit, you leave a little mark on the land/ocean for all to see and if they wish, report it! Of course, being in an area where there is a steady flow of players coming back and forth would increase you're chances of that mark being found and reported!

As shown below, if you Assault or Murder a fellow friendly Faction player, you will leave a bloodstain on the ground where you carried out the deed. This is what others will use to report you for you're crime and increasing you're Crime Points as they do. Take notice of the Purple name bar, as when you attack a Friendly Faction player, it warns all others that you have toggled PvP against all!

http://i.imgur.com/MnYq5Wa.png

If you decide stealing crops is you're thing, this crime leaves a separate mark on the floor, a footprint as shown below!

http://i.imgur.com/zGjzcyN.png

The Crime Points that you collect can be tracked within the Character Sheet menu, as the image shows below that I have 54 Crime Points at that current time, which then gives me an instant De-Buff also shown below! What this does, is shows other players that I am a Criminal and once killed, I will be given the option to be sent straight to prison, or take my chances with the Juror's present!

http://i.imgur.com/oqGROCF.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/wxzpRA1.png

After finally be murdered, you get the option to battle it out in Court, or to be sent straight to prison and wait out you're time.
The prison for the Western Faction is located within ( loose translation ) Merianhold, the screenshot below shows the specific location! The Prison is not instanced, as in right within the a main city!

http://i.imgur.com/msqDDvE.jpg

Opting for the straight to Prison route will get you being teleported straight to a cell where you may or may not share with other evil-doers!
You also get a De-buff as shown below which prevents you from using any of you're skills or items that you previously had before entering prison!
So, what is there to do in Prison you ask? Nothing much.
After being released out of my cell, ( which occurs once every 10 minutes ) I set out to break some boxes and obtain some swanky prison gear!

http://i.imgur.com/QrE9pJX.jpg

In the courtyard of prison, you can do a few things, from playing football, ( it even has a score board! ) to digging up a shovel which can be used to dig you're way out of prison! If you do decide to escape prison, the drawback is that the de-buff that doesn't allow you to use skills within prison is still active, and will stay there until the timer is up!

http://i.imgur.com/pRcOQLk.png

Joraiem
04-05-2014, 09:00 AM
So, what I've always wondered is, what happens when you go to prison? Are you temporarily stuck in an instanced prison region? If so how long? Or does something else entirely happen? And how many crime points do you have to get before you become a pirate? And when you do does the debuff go away? Any help would appreciated.

KeksX
04-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Joraiem get rid of the idea of everything instanced. Only specific instance dungeons are instanced, everything else is in an open world!

For all the other questions, check here:
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1032-the-pirate-way-arrgh/

ButteredToast
04-05-2014, 09:12 AM
So, what I've always wondered is, what happens when you go to prison? Are you temporarily stuck in an instanced prison region? If so how long? Or does something else entirely happen? And how many crime points do you have to get before you become a pirate? And when you do does the debuff go away? Any help would appreciated.

When you're in prison there isn't much to do except look around and break boxes for prison outfits, you can also play soccer outside or dig dirt for spoons to break out :D but it's kind of useless to break out atm since you keep the debuff.
The amount of time you're in prison depends on how many crime points you have (50 points usually means around 10-15 minutes)

Elfyos
04-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Blue... ITS YOU?! SAME BLUE FROM L2MEDIA?! If u are, I heared u left my clan after I left L2media server and joined, forgot their name... :D Oh and if you are, what happened with audriana or somthing? :o

Blue
04-05-2014, 09:34 AM
D:
Sorry to disappoint Elfyos, but it appears you are talking about somebody else! ^_^
On a side note, I'm just updating the post with being in Prison and the kind of things you can do within!

Elfyos
04-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Sorry for fast reply:D You are the third Blue I saw in MMOs :D

Damon
04-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Prison is basically a time out for being bad. If you accumulate enough criminal points (3000), however, you become a pirate which is hostile to the east and west factions. You go to pirate island where the NPCs become friendly and give you quests. You can also get daily quests in the main city which act as community service to reduce your crime points.

Aelos
04-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Question, let's say you do some sort of crime in side your crime. I've heard there is a court system as well from your faction? Or is that when they decide if they will kick you out of the faction?

Blue
04-05-2014, 10:01 AM
There is a court system!
Although it's not used to to kick a player from the faction, it just gives 5 players the option to decide how long the said criminal would have to spend within jail!
There are Jury Points that you can obtain for each time you participate on the Jury, as part of the Jury.
From my knowledge, there are some rewards for obtaining these points too, an example would be at 10 Jury Points, you get the Judge Mallet in the mail! ^_^
Once I lower my crime points back down.. >.> I'll add another section of the Court system and what it entails!

Peter
04-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Question, let's say you do some sort of crime in side your crime. I've heard there is a court system as well from your faction? Or is that when they decide if they will kick you out of the faction?

Yeah the court system determines whether you are guilty, and how long you will spend in jail if convicted. You will plead your case in front of a jury of players who can see the crimes you committed that were witnessed. They can then choose whether to let you go free (unlikely), or how long you should spend in jail. The time is determined by the amount and severity of your crimes. By kicked out of faction, I imagine you mean becoming a pirate? I believe that requires you to accumulate enough criminal points.

Darth Futuza
04-05-2014, 03:58 PM
How high can you get your crime points? Is there a cap?

VMBarbosa
04-05-2014, 04:21 PM
How high can you get your crime points? Is there a cap?

I've seen people with Crime Points well over 3k (The pirate mark). Not sure about a cap.

Darth Futuza
04-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Maybe its an achievement: Have the most Crime Points on the server/game.

Rinera
04-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Maybe its an achievement: Have the most Crime Points on the server/game.

Probably not an achievement but a leaderboard, if it actually exists.

PaPanurgle
04-05-2014, 08:15 PM
So.. i haven't played the game yet but if anyone here knows the game WAKFU i usually enjoyed playing the "bad guy" in a game with a political system. Could someone with a little more knowledge of the pirate faction and being bad in general explain any benefits or entertaining things to do as a pirate?

KeksX
04-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Try to get into the normal faction again :D

PaCO
04-06-2014, 01:46 AM
Wow players just dont understand what open world means.... god that game ruined mmos soo many carebearsssss grrrr

Venge
04-06-2014, 03:59 PM
If it's red it's dead. Time to bring back kos, and real pking. WOW? What a joke . UO had true pvp, well see if archeage can bring back the life. Oh and people stop saying archeage is doing it new or wow did it first. AAs system of blue red and grey is the same as UO with some variances . Not the other way around.......
Sigh, newbie MMO amateurs

Peter
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Sigh, newbie MMO amateurs

It's times like these I wish we had a way to vote members out of the community.

Fr33
04-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I have been wondering about exactly how the whole jailing system would work.

Now I have a pretty good understanding.

I look forward to making a Pirate char one day... Though not my main

Again, Thankyou!

Joraiem
04-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Does the debuff go away while you're logged out? Or does the timer only tick while you're logged in?

Peter
04-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Does the debuff go away while you're logged out? Or does the timer only tick while you're logged in?

If you are talking about the prison debuff, you can log out to wait it out.

Grey
04-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Thank you for posting this, it answered a lot of questions.

Targaryen
04-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks so much for this information! Was super helpful!

Voldrax
04-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks for this thread! I just have a few questions:

How long do the blood stains remain after a murder?
How long do footprints remain after a theft and does this timer start at the point of theft or the time of expected harvest?
If a member of your own faction attacks you, but you kill them in defense, is a blood stain left behind?
If you attack and kill someone in defense of your own crops, is a bloodstain left behind?

Euphorius
04-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks for this thread! I just have a few questions:

How long do the blood stains remain after a murder?
How long do footprints remain after a theft and does this timer start at the point of theft or the time of expected harvest?
If a member of your own faction attacks you, but you kill them in defense, is a blood stain left behind?
If you attack and kill someone in defense of your own crops, is a bloodstain left behind?

This. I'd like to know this as well.

xastur
04-08-2014, 02:03 PM
My main will be pirate sounds very cool... love teasing love killing my own faction or stealing.. too make people go.crazy. hope there will be an option to ignore people with ip block.and hope i can ignore whole guilds would be wonderful

Blue
04-08-2014, 02:12 PM
While I"m not 100% sure, I really dont think there is a time limit to the stains that are left after you do you're dirty deeds!
If a member of yoi're own faction attacks you first, you can destroy them without getting into any trouble! However, if you attack someone while they take you're crops, I still think you leave the bloodstain marks sadly. "/

iainatwar
04-09-2014, 08:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ3VaN3mIyI

Errn
05-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Noobie question here, if I find footprints, do I click to report? It asks what I witnessed but I didn't actually witness anything. Sooo I has confuse.

Hanthos
05-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Do not be confused! Report crime where ever you see it. Even if you did not see it, report it! You must do you civic duty to report all crime you come across. Especially tree thieves! Tree thieves are the worst criminals on Ark and MUST be held to account for their crimes!

Chriah
05-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Very nice guide! I am trying to discover as much about this game as possible and this guide really helped give a perspective on certain game mechanics.

Gothix
05-04-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm wondering: after you serve your time in prison, do your criminal points get reset back to 0?
And, is there anything permanent that sticks with your character after you server the time? (even after your points are back to 0)

CeilingSquid
05-05-2014, 12:30 PM
I have a few questions:

-Does evidence decay over time? If for some reason someone doesn't report a bloodstain or set of footprints, do they stay on the ground until someone reports them, or do they eventually disappear?

-If someone has the bounty debuff (over 50 crime points), can't they just log off to avoid being caught and sent to trial? Can they keep running from justice over multiple game sessions until someone catches them?

-Is there a list in-game where players can see who has a bounty? Or do you have to find out by word of mouth or seeing bounty-marked characters in-person?

Kegster
05-08-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm wondering: after you serve your time in prison, do your criminal points get reset back to 0?
And, is there anything permanent that sticks with your character after you server the time? (even after your points are back to 0)

Once you get to prison your crime points are reset to 0/50. While you're serving your time, you can actually begin to accumulate crime points again if people continue to report. If you've killed/stole enough you can become a criminal again before you get out of prison. The only part that sticks after you serve is your criminal glory, which essentially is just your total accumulated crime points.

I have a few questions:

-Does evidence decay over time? If for some reason someone doesn't report a bloodstain or set of footprints, do they stay on the ground until someone reports them, or do they eventually disappear?

-If someone has the bounty debuff (over 50 crime points), can't they just log off to avoid being caught and sent to trial? Can they keep running from justice over multiple game sessions until someone catches them?

-Is there a list in-game where players can see who has a bounty? Or do you have to find out by word of mouth or seeing bounty-marked characters in-person?

Evidence does decay over time, not really sure of the exact length but have seen my own blood from over 12 hours prior.
To be caught, you have to be killed by another player so eventually you will be caught. I almost always flag to kill criminals...unless something else is happening.

No list in game to show who is a criminal, pretty much just have to notice the debuff.

michael2mandy
11-08-2014, 05:02 PM
what is the difference between murder and killing faction in pvp areas? i cannot find the difference. I have tried to attack in friendly areas but it does not work.

lynnmass
02-24-2015, 10:26 AM
what is the difference between murder and killing faction in pvp areas? i cannot find the difference. I have tried to attack in friendly areas but it does not work.

Killing your own faction in PVP zones is murder. You cannot kill your own faction in your faction's safe zones. You can kill opposing faction or pirates in your faction's safe zones. You can be killed or defend yourself only against your attacker in opposite faction's safe zones.