PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Downtime Compensation – Details and Plans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ocho
12-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Hi, everyone - With all ArcheAge servers being back up and the world of Erenor fully accessible as of late Tuesday night, we want to take a moment to say thanks for your patience and let you know where we are on compensation.

We never take your loyalty for granted and any time we don’t meet the high standards we set for ourselves, it’s important to us to make it up to you as generously as possible.

We’re currently applying compensation packs to everyone’s account. This does take a while, and it’ll be running through the rest of today.

If you’ve ever been a Patron as of the time of the servers returning, you’ll be gaining the ability to claim a Patron pack on the Glyph account website. That Patron pack contains:
- 5 Bonus Days of Patron Time
- 15 Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
- 30 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice
- 3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate)
- 3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP)
- 3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed)

For those who have not been a patron, the standard compensation pack contains:
- 10 Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
- 15 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice

Once all of the packs are applied to everyone’s accounts, we’ll be following up with an email letting you know that you can head over to the Glyph account web pages to claim the pack and choose which character to assign it to.

(We’ll also be broadcasting in game as soon as they’re all applied, and posting instructions here so you don’t have to wait for that mail to land to get your packs!)

Thank you again so much for your patience, and we’ll see you soon in ArcheAge!

The ArcheAge Team

Edit: For those interested in Siege Scroll refunds, please see this post: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?137511-Refunds-for-Siege-Scrolls&p=1296972

Edit 2: The instructions are available to claim packs here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?137316-ArcheAge-Downtime-Compensation-%96-Details-and-Plans&p=1297263&viewfull=1#post1297263

Please note that the full grant has not been completed yet; we're working to get this done by late this evening. Thanks.

Edit 3: All accounts should now be credited. Go claim your packs!

panth
12-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Nice!

/10

Niexist
12-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Well this is rather disappointing.

squidgod2000
12-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Now, bring on the complaints!

http://i.imgur.com/Iwm7KzP.gif

Rahvin
12-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Finally! Thanks for the post. Be prepared for the inevitable onslaught, however, as nearly everybody and their uncle is going to QQ about this ;)

Triple
TenLetters

Eudae
My poor gilda starry stars.

NZ1
Well this is rather disappointing.

better than a kick in the teeth

Yunoharahime
well if you didnt lost land is quite nice to be honest, if you did well maybe disappointing

ZIKE
12-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks Trion! :D

detheler
Im pretty happy with this, nice job.

Yetskii
Well this is rather disappointing.Really....some people children.....

Amethus
12-04-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm also happy with the compensation. Thank you Trion.

Shootingstars
inb4 compensation exploit

jeezy
What about the people on the server's with extended downtime? Didn't you say they will get additional compensation?

Kainzo
Hi, everyone - With all ArcheAge servers being back up and the world of Erenor fully accessible as of late Tuesday night, we want to take a moment to say thanks for your patience and let you know where we are on compensation.

We never take your loyalty for granted and any time we don’t meet the high standards we set for ourselves, it’s important to us to make it up to you as generously as possible.

We’re currently applying compensation packs to everyone’s account. This does take a while, and it’ll be running through the rest of today.

If you’ve ever been a Patron as of the time of the servers returning, you’ll be gaining the ability to claim a Patron pack on the Glyph account website. That Patron pack contains:

Once all of the packs are applied to everyone’s accounts, we’ll be following up with an email letting you know that you can head over to the Glyph account web pages to claim the pack and choose which character to assign it to.

(We’ll also be broadcasting in game as soon as they’re all applied, and posting instructions here so you don’t have to wait for that mail to land to get your packs!)

The ArcheAge Team

I have to say this isnt good enough. People lost land, time, livestock, everything. 5 days? this barely covers the down time that Enla saw and the constant server interruptions.

Niexist
12-04-2014, 01:47 PM
How about you address the people who have 10 houses on 1 plot of land next Trion.

Riggsville
too funny
but not unexpected

dnastynice
good job i like

ayame
thats a great compensation trion well done :)

Sarat00ga
12-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Not the "Uber" compensation people were looking for....but I think it is fair for the most part so +1!

Amused Observer
well if you didnt lost land is quite nice to be honest, if you did well maybe disappointing

Agreed. the issue (in conjunction w/ the disabled apex) is the inability for players to retain their lands. The compensation is nice, but doesn't address players losing their land during the downtime. :/

Myoko
This is unclear. Will patrons be able to claim a patron pack IN ADDITION TO the regular, or is it one or the other?

The way it's worded, it sounds like Trion is planning on applying the basic package to all accounts, then patrons will be able to go to the website and claim the patron package.

Kobyshi
12-04-2014, 01:49 PM
- 3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate) - pretty useless
- 3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP) - Ok if you're leveling a new char I guess...
- 3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed) - extremely useless.

LianLi
12-04-2014, 01:50 PM
yeah very good thanks! :)

Effi says hi
12-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Thank you!

Deltastrike
I have to say this isnt good enough. People lost land, time, livestock, everything. 5 days? this barely covers the down time that Enla saw and the constant server interruptions.

So what is this everything? Were you waiting til the last minute to renew patron? Oh boo hoo I did not lose a single chicken in my farms so how did you lose yours? Time...what where you sitting on the screen all 3 days doing nothing else with your life? Pretty pathetic to complain when they are giving us something, they don't have to and people will still play.

LianLi
- 3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate) - pretty useless
- 3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP) - Ok if you're leveling a new char I guess...
- 3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed) - extremely useless.

- 3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate) - pretty useless - Stack Loot Candy for grinding mobs to get the rare cape on Auroria - Extremely useful.
- 3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP) - Ok if you're leveling a new char I guess... - Save till we can level to 55.

Careby
This is unclear. Will patrons be able to claim a patron pack IN ADDITION TO the regular, or is it one or the other?

The way it's worded, it sounds like Trion is planning on applying the basic package to all accounts, then patrons will be able to go to the website and claim the patron package.

A. If you have ever been a patron
B. If you have not been a patron

Do you somehow fit both criteria?

tbh its not good at all

Vein
Thanks Ocho for the update!

I did have a question about the US servers Calleil, and Inoch. Those servers were down for a additional day. Do they get the same compensation?

Tjlongshield
well i was really hoping for credits, at least 10k, that way i wouldnt have to fill my bag with useless items AND i could buy what i wanted.

Zhaitana
Thank you, i will be looking forward to that :o

Kaiu
12-04-2014, 01:52 PM
So wait, this means people who have 5 alt accounts now gets 5X more compensation pots than a person with only 1 main account?

Or will these compensation items be BOUND ONLY?

Feral
12-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Thats not bad I'll take it.

Shadock
Thank you Trion... this is very decent.

sentinelx
So wait, this means people who have 5 alt accounts now gets 5X more compensation pots than a person with only 1 main account?

untradeable items i think but yes.. can farm alot withs this workers!

Firesparkz Lavawalker

The ArcheAge Team

Cheers Ocho & Team,

Thanks for the update.

~ Sparkz.

squidgod2000

Only idiots lost land.

(not counting people who got double-housed)

Deltastrike
Agreed. the issue (in conjunction w/ the disabled apex) is the inability for players to retain their lands. The compensation is nice, but doesn't address players losing their land during the downtime. :/

How did you lose the land in 3 days? I was perfectly able to pay my taxes as soon as the servers came up. Or did you let them get to the demo dates?

Majikfreak
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
What about extra compensation for those who waited an extra day?

Marten06
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
The compensation is very good, we are getting much more than what we lost, except the ppl that lost lands, and it is still fine, because it is their fault if they wait till the last day to pay the taxes. What happend if there is a blackout? Are you going to blame to the company cause you lost your lands??

Ocho
12-04-2014, 01:55 PM

Good questions.

If you have been a Patron you will receive the Patron pack, and if you have not been a Patron you will receive the Free pack. Everyone will need to log in the website to indicate which character will receive the pack regardless of what sort of pack you have been granted.

who represents
Hey, thanks a bunch for the reply regarding the compensation packages, as noted previously by one of you there would be special compensations, or overly generous compensations for the servers that were down for twice the amount of time. Is there a seperate thread for us or should we just expect something a little more than the items noted in the first post?

<3

jeezy
Good questions.

If you have been a Patron you will receive the Patron pack, and if you have not been a Patron you will receive the Free pack. Everyone will need to log in the website to indicate which character will receive the pack regardless of what sort of pack you have been granted.

What about the people on the server's with extended downtime? Didn't you say they will get additional compensation?

Voluntaris
Fair compensation.

Much thanks Trion/XL Games.

[ now time to plan out my crafting binge this weekend :) ]

Minji
12-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Quick question to any GM, what about the people that were wrongfully banned when the servers crashed? When you guys fix our bans will we also be compensated? 'Cause it would suck if we don't :P

Character Name: Minji
Server Name: Inoch

Error #2003

Question Reference # 141130-001395

Date Created: 11/30/2014 09:41 AM
Date Last Updated: 11/30/2014 09:41 AM

Beere
Sorry i am not really happy with that. Nui and the other 2 Servers were down MUCH longer. We should get a little more out of that.

I lost nearly a fortune because of that serverdown. And you give us candy? Sorry thats very lame.
The AP Pots and day extension is nice but the candy? Its useless. People already throw them away because they just take up inventory space.
Think about it.

Whatever i am NOT happy with this. Terrible enough that there are so many people blind enough to just accept that bad excuse of a compensation.

Deltastrike
Hey, thanks a bunch for the reply regarding the compensation packages, as noted previously by one of you there would be special compensations, or overly generous compensations for the servers that were down for twice the amount of time. Is there a seperate thread for us or should we just expect something a little more than the items noted in the first post?

<3

Ok tbh I found this to be somewhat sad....you want more?

Triontard
that is fking amazing, ty trion

MCBOB
12-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Hmmm. Not too bad and more than I expected from Trion. I do think at least 5 gilda per day should have been added for the generic dailies. Overall I do find this to be acceptable. As for those who lost land, pay those taxes as soon as the mail is sent.

HappyHeathen
As a brand new player who was lucky enough to buy Patron after a few hours of gametime, I'm happy with the compensation. Imagine just starting a game, liking it so much, then it being down for so long. I bode my time watching YT Videos and reading as much as I could.

This will actually give me a nice boost to my new player experience.

Thanks!

Marinia
It's fair, but a bit lackluster. You guys just took a massive hit to already low consumer confidence. This won't convince anyone to "stay" that was thinking of leaving. That was 54 gilda (for some it might have been more?) that weren't achievable.

Ysaf
so what about inoch? we had the longest down time over other servers by an entire day... and you guys did say we would get extra compensation.

Firesparkz Lavawalker

Or will these compensation items be BOUND ONLY?

Hi Kaiu,

On bound items from later in the thread:

Items in these packages are untradable.

On the single-account glyph policy to keep it fair and balanced for all who play;

That will be one of the top priority for Trion to rectify inhouse (XL not required on this issue) that will be pushed as step one before we can expect anything from XL to bother lifting a finger about rectifying exploitable and/or flawed machanics. It would be an insult to Jake & the crew at XL if Trion asked them to do so before Trion provisioned properly for ArcheAge to match its intended design.

You know the saying, one must look after their own backyard before looking after anothers, partnership or not. This applies to everything in life, all the way through to being able to respect, love, trust, etc oneself before being able to respect, love, trust, etc another.

Also refinements that will be needed for the esculating tax system upto 5 weeks paid in advance;

Along with Trion's single glyph account policy to match the intended escualtive tax certificate placement & costing design of ArcheAge as to not give one player a huge cashshop and/or gold used to purchase tax certificates advantage by needing a lot less due to multi-accounts over another who plays as intended, 1 glyph account used per participant (Multi from the same household locked until verified);

A fair and balanced system that all use (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?121720-Land-Grabbing-Stereotyping&p=1146415&viewfull=1#post1146415) - Equality!

http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/78/6b/9def2311726f37cb9bc97f7e11cbae0a/theme/e439e14a14ad15d2d86279010bbcf055867.jpg

All in good time though as we will work it out on PTS down the track; For now those with several accounts free or paid patron access will allocated the reward packs. So yes to answer your question, these players will have X number of accounts times the adavtage over you with only a single account to do such task as refining, harvesting raw materials, farms/estates spread over accounts to reduce tax certificate weekly rental costs etc ...

In simple terms/the facts in directly answering your concerns, Yes these players with multi-accounts have exploited the Trion provisioned loophole (That Trion also allows for at present) that does not match ArcheAge's intended design for not only current workings of LP based or tax based tasks, but also for any applied compensation such as offered in this thread.

Sorry to leave a bad taste in your mouth on this issue. Maybe in time it will be resolved.
We shall see how Trion operates in terms of encouraging such exploitation of a provisioned game's intended design at a later time.

This is what we will be looking to change as a policy change directive at Trion >

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/947/~/multi-boxing-in-archeage

Multi-Boxing in ArcheAge
Published 04/16/2011 10:54 AM | Updated 08/01/2014 03:30 PM

What is Trion's stance on multi-boxing in ArcheAge?

Having multiple accounts logged in from a single IP address or registered user is allowed. However, each account must be able to act independently of one another and be controlled without the use of any 3rd party software. You may have multiple accounts following a specified character and you may take action with each of these characters provided that it is being done manually by using the keyboard or mouse assigned to that character. Any program or set-up which will allow you to manipulate multiple characters with a single click or press of the button is prohibited and can lead to negative actions being taken against your account.

I expect Jake @ XL to refuse of which his company is well within its contractual rights to do so on commercial grounds any admendments/changes to problematic/exploitable issues within ArcheAge until such time that Trion Worlds can get their own side, the provisioning side, sorted out correctly first to match the game's intended design. Before this occurs I hold little hope for changes when PTS arrives. It will be a mostly talk and little (fluff/cosmetic) remedy action road-show, nothing more until Trion delivers good on their own side first.

As a footnote:

The above Trion policy also deminishes the value and financial input being made into their service for other projects such as this:
Project FIRE! > http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?136736-Project-Fire-Fooling-the-fools-The-scamming-hunters-become-the-hunted

Especially since by Trion Worlds own policy they allow and encourage any person to scam the system (compenstion packs awarded & advantages over other participants) while not being inline with the intended ArcheAge game design.

The knock on effects are wide-reaching .... Probably more than the CEO at Trion even realises (is aware of - Foresight) in the damage being done to Trion Worlds bottomline by lossing part of the silent majorityof the ArcheAge NA/EU playerbase as active paying participants over such issues.

Heavenscreed
12-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Awesome! I'm glad to hear all of this but i still have one question:

@Ocho it was mentioned somewhere (ill try to find the actual post) that since some of the servers were down longer than others that those servers would receive additional compensation. Is this still the plan or are these servers getting the same as the rest?

Externita
Hi,

We on Nebe were the first down and last to be able to log in. Nothing special for us? That would be disappointing.

Kaus
While the gummies are fluffy filler the choice to overpay in non CD labor and double loyalty was clever.
this is indeed reasonable but not overly generious. Fair play.

Sarat00ga
12-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks Ocho for the update!

I did have a question about the US servers Calleil, and Inoch. Those servers were down for a additional day. Do they get the same compensation?

this is true... How about some free Christmas or holiday decorations or something like that which will not mess with the economy?

Mierta
12-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Give some pop corn too. ♥♥♥♥ is about to go down with the "generous compentation" :rolleyes:

Marinia
12-04-2014, 02:00 PM

Hopefully this only applies to F2P accounts that existed prior to the downtime? I know quite a few people who mass-created F2P accounts after it started to take advantage of any compensation package that would come out.

BigCountry
+1

this will work. good news trion. thanks.

Teelow

@Ocho it was mentioned somewhere (ill try to find the actual post) that since some of the servers were down longer than others that those servers would receive additional compensation. Is this still the plan or are these servers getting the same as the rest?

PLEASE ADDRESS THIS! My server was down 24 hours longer then all of the rest.

Cainsmoker
Not good enough?????

Wow....I disagree. I'd say this is really decent of them. I for one, thank them for it. They didn't really HAVE to do anything at all. Not to mention I'm sure some laundry got done, maybe some houses got cleaned and you got to spend some quality time with your significant other/kids/family in the 3 days of downtime....

Win/Win.

Edit: Server was down for 3 days, you get 5 bonus days.
Your labor (might have been) capped out at 5k, so you likely spent a great deal of it and they give you 7500 extra. BONUS.
Little candies for extra goodness? Yes please.

This is a good package guys.

monsters2343
Ok I am curious but if you play on both a north America and a Europe server which makes 2 different labor pools do you get 2 of these pack or since it is 1 account only one. As I was affected onboth sides during this outage.

Geminii
12-04-2014, 02:01 PM
I was sad, now I am happy

Beckett151
I like it. I like it a lot.

Soly
Siegeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???????? ????????????????????????? We payed money!!! Give us scrolls back u ************************!!!!!!!!!!

SandPirate
My poor gilda starry stars.

This mostly. Glad you gave labor pots and the loyalty tokens.

CashforCookies
12-04-2014, 02:02 PM
why the hell are they called superior workers compensation if they only give 500lp? lol...

this is a ok-ish compensation for people that played on servers with almost no downtime

but players on nui/nebe/janudar? first servers down, last ones online. crappy compensation.

and for people that lost land or missed the chance to get some, etc.
...well crappy doesn't even cut it.

also...it appears this is per account? so if i had 20 free accs i would have gotten it 20x? right.

yeah, tell us when that "generous" compensation hits, instead of this one that barely makes up for the normal losses.

SandPirate
Ok I am curious but if you play on both a north America and a Europe server which makes 2 different labor pools do you get 2 of these pack or since it is 1 account only one. As I was affected onboth sides during this outage.

Um eu was taken down like once..

MCBOB
this is true...

Trion Originally said they would make a compensation package that they felt was fair for the EU servers down for 4 days, and then just apply it to everyone, even if your server was only down 2 days. As much as I dislike trion, it isn't reasonable to have them create and apply 2 day, 3 day, and 4 day comp packages depending on the server. Also, what happens if you had a character on a server down 2 days, and one on a serer down 4 days? What would be the compensation then? Much more realistic to make it the same across the board.

SLiNG186
Glad to hear this, but i too have to say, please don't give this compensation to ALL f2p. There are way too many people who mass created accounts to take advantage of this. Make it a requirement the account must be 2 weeks old or something to receive it.

Anyway, thanks for the update and getting everything up and running again!

MCBOB
12-04-2014, 02:03 PM
why the hell are they called superior workers compensation if they only give 500lp? lol...

this is a ok-ish compensation for people that played on servers with almost no downtime

but players on nui/nebe/janudar? first servers down, last ones online. crappy compensation.

and for people that lost land or missed the chance to get some, etc.
...well crappy doesn't even cut it.

also...it appears this is per account? so if i had 20 free accs i would have gotten it 20x? right.

no cooldown....

BeerPut
12-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Thank you!
I have 68 accounts, thanks for the many Superior Worker's Compensation Potions ;)

Sedilis
12-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Not bad. Better than I expected. Thanks Trion.

Teelow
Trion Originally said they would make a compensation package that they felt was fair for the EU servers down for 4 days, and then just apply it to everyone, even if your server was only down 2 days. As much as I dislike trion, it isn't reasonable to have them create and apply 2 day, 3 day, and 4 day comp packages depending on the server. Also, what happens if you had a character on a server down 2 days, and one on a serer down 4 days? What would be the compensation then? Much more realistic to make it the same across the board.

Please tell that to those players on the 5 servers that had to sit and stare at the server select screen that COULD NOT play on any other server as ALL of there characters were on the downed servers. Your logic FAILS

Xyz
This is not generous. Mind you I am not complaining. I think it is "good" and "decent" and I am happy with it. But you over played our expectations by saying "generous" :P

Draxxx
Why have you guys not said anything about sieges yet? You are neglecting and leaving a huge population of your player base in the dark. When are we going to get answers and reconciliation for sieges? We want to siege!!!

Philsco
Wow! That's awesome, TY Trion!

Ocho

Please let me know if you can find that post. Our plan has always been to issue compensation equally to all players as far as I am aware.

AcidSLiM
12-04-2014, 02:05 PM
This is great.

happyhairy
What about the people who play on us servers and eu equally. Since labor and loyalty are different pools from us/eu will those players be compensated on both eu and us? I would think that they should be considering they lost on on both sides.

prihu
@Ocho I would like to know whether the servers which were down for more time than others will be getting extra compensation or not. I think @Scapes announced that they will be giving extra compensation for these servers.

Rolandz
This is a very nice compensation pack for the downtime. Thank you, Trion!

Sundr

Yeh, as a Calleil player, is it going to be the same as those that were only out for half a day?

Ocho

This is a fairly uncommon case, but I will inquire with our team on how this will impact you.

gollum
All the people ♥♥♥♥♥ing about losing land and whatnot is their issue. You waited 2-3 weeks before paying the taxes for a game that dosnt have that good of a rep. The other people ♥♥♥♥♥ing about that the comp isnt good enough are the same morons who thought they were going to give apex squalls. Granted that some servers were down longer than others so they should get more comp.

monsters2343

Yes but with server crowding and queue it made it hard to play. I chose to play on kryposa so that might be my fault there but hey it is a perfectly honest question nonetheless

Edit; woot I got a response from ocho

Loconia
12-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Ok tbh I found this to be somewhat sad....you want more?

Don't know why you would find it sad, Scapes said that compensation would scale with the downtime for those servers most effected... Some of us were out a day longer than the first servers that were brought up.

CashforCookies

uh no? 3 servers were down the whole time...lol...

Dandurin
Hmmm. Not too bad and more than I expected from Trion. I do think at least 5 gilda per day should have been added for the generic dailies. Overall I do find this to be acceptable. As for those who lost land, pay those taxes as soon as the mail is sent.
Gilda doesn't really make sense.
The game was basically on hold and we got 5 extra Patron days to replace that time. No reason for them to hit Fast-forward on gildas while the game is basically paused.
I don't think it's reasonable to expect people to pay taxes as soon as the mail is sent, since those resources my be needed for a more urgent purpose, but letting them go unpaid into the demolition week doesn't make sense, since the late penalties are harsh. So the only people who lost land were already mismanaging it to an extent.

Hoshi
12-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Trion, did you at least make the superior workers comp untradeable? There are tons of people who have made many free to play accounts to take advantage of these awards, as well as the many currently existing bot accounts. We don't need thousands of free tradeable workers comp to crash the market any further.

Sinus
thats not fair i was a patron when the server crached and i wanst any more when he come back i lost 2 day patron i dont understand why i cant get them back

Gorgatha
Thanks Trion, it look great.

You guys who lost your land over taxes... It's a shame really, sorry for your lose. But you do have a full week to pay up before it's demolished, the game wasn't down for a week.

Soly
12-04-2014, 02:08 PM
U didnt say a thing about sieges that we missed and bought scrolls. Money went poof? Give back scrolls to accounts that had it before server went off and make this sunday siege.

jeezy
Please let me know if you can find that post. Our plan has always been to issue compensation equally to all players as far as I am aware.

Sadly you deleted the original "NA servers connectivity issue" from the Server Status thread. Smart and clever move trion =]

BatPikachu
I play on both the NA and EU servers, will both my servers get compensated or only one account?

MCBOB

What the guy you quoted said is incorrect. I believe it was scapes who said the comp packages would be based off those who had the longest down time, and then they would be applied equally across the board. So this package should demonstrate what a person would get with 4 days downtime, however, for logistics, everyone gets the same package regardless of their downtime.

MrUbiquity
12-04-2014, 02:09 PM
- 5 Bonus Days of Patron Time meh
- 15 Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each)kinda nice
- 30 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choicemeh
- 3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate)meh
- 3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP)meh
- 3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed)meh

so out of everything, I'm probably only going to use the pots. I would've preferred an item exclusive to the event, rather than just random crap they had laying around (so to speak). I remember the dead hamster item UO gave out after their servers crashed. It did absolutely nothing, but I was happy with it because it acknowledged the event, rather than trying to sweep it under the rug with random bribery. I'll probably be going f2p soon.

Maireen
nice reward

Babaganush

The ArcheAge Team

This compensation means everybody is equal. I always pay my taxes with 24 hours before they go overdue but since server was down for about 40 hours I had late fees on 4 plots costing over 200gold in late fees. This compensation makes up for it but everyone that didn't have land got the same thing!

Euphorical
12-04-2014, 02:10 PM
better than a kick in the teeth

XD

/10chars

Kichirou
What about Sieges?

Teelow
Thanks Trion, it look great.

You guys who lost your land over taxes... It's a shame really, sorry for your lose. But you do have a full week to pay up before it's demolished, the game wasn't down for a week.

Trying to blame the victim for the server being down is completely ridiculous. Your tax bill gives a PAY BY DATE on it, therefore you are ENTITLED TO PAY UP TO THAT VERY MINUTE and not worry about having your land demo. To some how say "you should of" is so fking stupid its beyond stupid. The fact is: IF THE SERVER WAS NOT DOWN FOR 3 DAYS MANY PEOPLE WOULD STILL HAVE THEIR LAND. Get that through your thick scull.

Razen74
12-04-2014, 02:11 PM
This is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.... What do we need x10 exp or loot when most of us are lvl 50? 30 loyalty token its fair and also the patron days. But people lost oportunity to get more gold, to get more gilda stars, to farm for hasla weapons, and for that where is the compensation?And the many lands people lost because of those 3 days??? Whatever Trion decides...whatever. This is crap

MCBOB
12-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Semantics, but the game wasn't on hold. The clock was ticking the entire time, we just weren't allowed on. As for the taxes, land is the most important thing. Yes, ideally, taxes should be paid the second they come in. I do however agree that you should never ever wait until the demo period to pay. Land is the biggest commodity in the game, and should be treated as such.

Euphorical
12-04-2014, 02:12 PM
SERIOUS QUESTION INC!:

Will the "Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each)" be tradeable?

(>^.^)> <(^.^<)

Torwin
To all the people who said "thanks". Good on you.

To all those who had negative responses. This seems more than fair and, in fact, quite generous. We were only really entitled to patronage, which we got and more. Be happy with what you get :)

Othaerfa
GJ Trion i Like it :D

shadyjane
Not good enough?????

Wow....I disagree. I'd say this is really decent of them. I for one, thank them for it. They didn't really HAVE to do anything at all. Not to mention I'm sure some laundry got done, maybe some houses got cleaned and you got to spend some quality time with your significant other/kids/family in the 3 days of downtime....

Win/Win.

Edit: Server was down for 3 days, you get 5 bonus days.
Your labor (might have been) capped out at 5k, so you likely spent a great deal of it and they give you 7500 extra. BONUS.
Little candies for extra goodness? Yes please.

This is a good package guys.No it's not...

Killroth
this is not like was promised. You said there would be a scaling reward based on how long servers were down. Nui Nebe and janudar were down almost 2 days longer than some of them. First down last up.

squidgod2000
12-04-2014, 02:13 PM

This is a fairly uncommon case, but I will inquire with our team on how this will impact you.

A lot of people play on both NA and EU to take advantage of the separate labor pools (and shared credit pools).

Ocho
12-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Trion, did you at least make the superior workers comp untradeable? There are tons of people who have made many free to play accounts to take advantage of these awards, as well as the many currently existing bot accounts. We don't need thousands of free tradeable workers comp to crash the market any further.

Items in these packages are untradable.

thats not fair i was a patron when the server crached and i wanst any more when he come back i lost 2 day patron i dont understand why i cant get them back

You'll receive the Patron pack and the 5 days Patron time that goes with it.

Marinia
This compensation means everybody is equal. I always pay my taxes with 24 hours before they go overdue but since server was down for about 40 hours I had late fees on 4 plots costing over 200gold in late fees. This compensation makes up for it but everyone that didn't have land got the same thing!

They aren't late fees, it includes the taxes for the next week that you would have received a new mail for, had you paid your taxes the first time. Instead of paying them every week, you're paying them every other week.

Heavenscreed
@Ocho

this was posted by Scapes on http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?134477-ArcheAge-Server-Connectivity-Issues

"4:00 PM PST/12:00 AM GMT: Our Operations Team continues to work on fixing the five offline servers and will be working late into the night. The servers may disappear from the server list as maintenance is carried out on them, but rest assured that all of the character data is intact and unaffected.

Our focus is to restore normal service to all of our servers as quickly as possible. Additionally, the generous compensation packages for Patrons and non-Patrons is scaling to match the total duration of this outage (we'll announce specifics once service is restored). The Community Team will continue updating this thread as new developments happen."

this message appeared after the initial post that announced the idea of generous compensation packages, so i believe that everyone took it as each server would have a package based on its total down time. was this the case or was this meant as a blanket term that it would match for the server with the longest down time and be applied to all servers?

Zaa
4:00 PM PST/12:00 AM GMT: Our Operations Team continues to work on fixing the five offline servers and will be working late into the night. The servers may disappear from the server list as maintenance is carried out on them, but rest assured that all of the character data is intact and unaffected.

Our focus is to restore normal service to all of our servers as quickly as possible. Additionally, the generous compensation packages for Patrons and non-Patrons is scaling to match the total duration of this outage (we'll announce specifics once service is restored). The Community Team will continue updating this thread as new developments happen.

for whoever was looking for when they said they would gauge compensation to downtime.........

Poppaea
[B]Trying to blame the victim for the server being down is completely ridiculous.

You were a week late paying taxes. The goverment got mad and kicked you out. Next time pay on time. The only way you can lose your property from 3 days of downtime, is if you were already 4 days LATE. 4 days in the red. 4 days of freeloading on property you dont even own. (technically you rent land from the Lord)

Be happy you got a grace period at all. They could change the system to pay in full, in advance or get kicked instantly!

Ocho
A lot of people play on both NA and EU to take advantage of the separate labor pools (and shared credit pools).

After talking to the team packs are claimable once. So these players will need to decide on which region to claim on.

Thanks,

Minji
Aksing this question again @Ocho: What about the people that were wrongfully banned when the servers crashed? When you guys fix our bans will we also be compensated? 'Cause it would suck if we don't :P

Character Name: Minji
Server Name: Inoch

Error #2003

Question Reference # 141130-001395

Date Created: 11/30/2014 09:41 AM
Date Last Updated: 11/30/2014 09:41 AM

Teelow
HERE IT IS @OCHO

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?134477-ArcheAge-Server-Connectivity-Issues

Our focus is to restore normal service to all of our servers as quickly as possible. Additionally, the generous compensation packages for Patrons and non-Patrons is scaling to match the total duration of this outage (we'll announce specifics once service is restored). The Community Team will continue updating this thread as new developments happen.

EvilTachi
12-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Uhhh....mfw: "Eh....meh?"

- 10 Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each): Uhhh....meh? I expected 1k...
- 15 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice: Uhhh...i guess the 3L items are...good?
- 3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate): Ehmmm....will never serve my purpose, drop rate for what i want is too low 10% will not do a difference
- 3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP): Not planning to make another char so...meh?
- 3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed): Uhhh....my inventory need space

Well i expected something else really more than stash, from 5, only 2 are really usefull so...thanks anyways for trying.

PS: is not beign an ungratefull b1tch but i don't have too many inventory space avaliable and uhhh....some items will be there for about a year

Thanks anyways

Sheoix
12-04-2014, 02:15 PM
As you guys at Trion said that you were gonna give a "generous" compensation i thought we were gonna get something wierd and unuseful but when i saw the list of items and the balance between patron- and f2p players just made my day, thank you Trion for your genrous compensation :)

RichWhale
12-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Oh Trino.. do you honestly think a few labor pots and some left-over Halloween candy is good enough compensation to stop people from leaving the game at this point? Me thinks not!

prihu
@Ocho here is the link for the thread on which Scapes said about extra compensation http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?134477
4:00 PM PST/12:00 AM GMT: Our Operations Team continues to work on fixing the five offline servers and will be working late into the night. The servers may disappear from the server list as maintenance is carried out on them, but rest assured that all of the character data is intact and unaffected.

hanyoo
where i can get this pack ? can i have link ?

Soly
12-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Sieges trion Sieges??? Guilds lost money cuz scrolls timed out since servers were offline. Give us scrolls back and put sieges this sunday.

Phantomstrk
12-04-2014, 02:18 PM
If anyone complains remember this:

It's a free to play game, no one forced you to pay
Those that paid got compensated for the lost gametime for those days the game was down
TOS in all MMO's state that the server can and may be unavailable for any reason, you agree to this when you agree to the TOS to play the game.

at the end of the day, we are entitled to NOTHING regarding compensation, despite what people may feel they are entitled to, realistically we are entitled to nothing.

All the same, thanks Trion for atleast doing something to try and show your concern for the community during this disruption. And i agree with your approach for different reward for those that are F2P vs those that are subscribed. That's the way it works, you subscribe you get more benefits then those that F2P. At the end of the day, no matter what you do some won't be happy, so do the best you can and move on from there.

Loconia
12-04-2014, 02:19 PM

This is the post I believe people are referring too:

4:00 PM PST/12:00 AM GMT: Our Operations Team continues to work on fixing the five offline servers and will be working late into the night. They may disappear from the server list as maintenance is carried out on them, but rest assured that all of the character data is intact and unaffected.

That was posted once 16 servers were up and some of us were in a lurch for another 24 hours. The implication as it was understood is that we would see some additional compensation for our continued outage. Why would other servers get additional compensation as a result of Caliel's continued outage?

Kitchenbitch
12-04-2014, 02:20 PM

I remember also seeing this as Calliel was one of the ones that was down the longest, i've looked in my history to no avail.

XMoshe
12-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Oh Trino.. do you honestly think a few labor pots and some left-over Halloween candy is good enough compensation to stop people from leaving the game at this point? Me thinks not!

Funny how you call 7.5k labor 'a few pots'.

Ocho
12-04-2014, 02:22 PM
U didnt say a thing about sieges that we missed and bought scrolls. Money went poof? Give back scrolls to accounts that had it before server went off and make this sunday siege.

Initially we had wanted to reschedule sieges, however after discussion with XLGames we have found this is not technically feasible. Instead we will be refunding all purchases of siege scrolls in the impacted period. Please contact CS either through a ticket, or via Livechat if you want expedited service.

Yed
Thanks!

Question though
Do they have a cooldown?

Also do this apply to all servers for both regions?

Amithus
I know there seems to be a lot of ♥♥♥♥♥ing about this but wow, the labor and 5 free days is worth a lot of in-game resources. I don't know about anyone else but this seems very legit to me.

Thanks Trion.

Commence the flame of me on the forums of being a Trion employee or whatever, I don't care.

Avaritia
12-04-2014, 02:23 PM
IMHO that's not a very generous compensation package.

With that said I really don't think any compensation was needed beyond adding the lost Patron time back to the account.

Granted I couldn't AA for those days but I have other games installed which I could play. Hell I even played a Trion title, Trove during the down days. Would have played Defiance but a quick check of friends found all of them having left the game for Destiny.

Teelow
Thanks!

Question though
Do they have a cooldown?

Also do this apply to all servers for both regions?

No cooldown.

Magetroll

Bwuahahahaha!! :D

/10

Dandurin
You mean you play on one server and farm APEX on another. :D

Heavenscreed

Those that paid got compensated for the lost gametime for those days the game was down
TOS in all MMO's state that the server can and may be unavailable for any reason, you agree to this when you agree to the TOS to play the game.

at the end of the day, we are entitled to NOTHING regarding compensation, despite what people may feel they are entitled to, realistically we are entitled to nothing.

All the same, thanks Trion for atleast doing something to try and show your concern for the community during this disruption. And i agree with your approach for different reward for those that are F2P vs those that are subscribed. That's the way it works, you subscribe you get more benefits then those that F2P. At the end of the day, no matter what you do some won't be happy, so do the best you can and move on from there.

I think the only complaint that anyone should have is that compensation is the same for all servers. regardless of whether or not people find it fair, you have to admit that it is at least awkward that someone who couldn't play for 2.5 days is receiving just as much as someone who was down for almost twice as much.

Personally I'm glad we are receiving anything at all. but like i said, just awkward for me since i was in inoch

Ocho
12-04-2014, 02:24 PM
This is the post I believe people are referring too:

That was posted once 16 servers were up and some of us were in a lurch for another 24 hours. The implication as it was understood is that we would see some additional compensation for our continued outage. Why would other servers get additional compensation as a result of Caliel's continued outage?

All players are receiving the same reward. The rewards are based on the time taken for the longest server. Service was impacted in a variety of ways, and we'd rather give everyone more than not.

draciele
Don't know why you would find it sad, Scapes said that compensation would scale with the downtime for those servers most effected... Some of us were out a day longer than the first servers that were brought up.

Do you have a link showing us where he said that? I just spent 30 mins running the dev tracker history on everything scales posted over the last 3 days and couldn't find it anywhere

Dandurin
Initially we had wanted to reschedule sieges, however after discussion with XLGames we have found this is not technically feasible. Instead we will be refunding all purchases of siege scrolls in the impacted period. Please contact CS either through a ticket, or via Livechat if you want expedited service.

I wasn't involved in a siege, but I must say: well done!

Teelow
12-04-2014, 02:25 PM
All players are receiving the same reward. The rewards are based on the time taken for the longest server. Service was impacted in a variety of ways, and we'd rather give everyone more than not.

This is what we call in the business: Bait and Switch

Hellbinder
12-04-2014, 02:26 PM
looks pretty good.

wei9fhr78g2uf

The ArcheAge Team

Bit ♥♥♥♥, I don't use labor to start with so the potions are worthless to me, so are the 3 potions for loot,xp and speed, and 30 loyalty tokens, wtf am i meant to spend those on, every single bit of comp from you guys is absolutely worthless to me, and im a paying member, i expected a little better than this tbFh. Oh and 5 days of patron, now I feel blessed. Not.

Ocho
where i can get this pack ? can i have link ?

We're in process of making it happen, unfortunately it's not instantaneous. As soon as it is completed we'll release instructions.

Loconia

This.

"Don't worry about the fact you're out 24 hours longer, it'll scale with your downtime" means... the people in your auction group are already reaping the rewards, you won't. Don't worry though, we'll reward them for your frustration.

Poorly handled.

Dandurin
After talking to the team packs are claimable once. So these players will need to decide on which region to claim on.

Thanks,

As they should be. Dividing time between regions is a choice. (Though feel free to reward my APEX mule :D )

Ulfnaor
Just shy of good enough, which is a lot better than what you've been giving us in the past month so I'll definitely take it.

Zippie
12-04-2014, 02:27 PM
HURRAY for those that made 50 lvl 1 accounts! 500 LABOR POTS! 15k gold WOOO WOOO!

ayame
12-04-2014, 02:27 PM
HURRAY for those that made 50 lvl 1 accounts! 500 LABOR POTS! 15k gold WOOO WOOO!

ofc not all items are bound

Merxion
12-04-2014, 02:28 PM
I complain when things are wrong but I also applaud when you did good. This is a pretty good compensation package.

Heavenscreed
Do you have a link showing us where he said that? I just spent 30 mins running the dev tracker history on everything scales posted over the last 3 days and couldn't find it anywhere

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?134477-ArcheAge-Server-Connectivity-Issues

read the 4PM post. although Ocho has stated that it was intended to mean that compensation was to be based on the server with the longest downtime

Dandurin
HERE IT IS @OCHO

Exactly: "Total duration". As in duration for the longest-affected server.
Folks complaining about identical treatment for different servers are essentially calling for the nerfing of the less affected servers, not the buffing of their own.

kaoti
12-04-2014, 02:29 PM
>giving you what you lost
>generous

eh. Thanks for the labor pots and leftover candy. Some of that is useless but I could at least share them with a f...
>not tradable
>1 region only

Well. That escalated quickly.

Varacolaci
12-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Comeon they already gave you 15 x5000 Labor and 5 more days if you have patron you get on the max 1 extra day of patro and you get plenty more labor than what you would get that without the loyalty wich can be redeem for somethign else to.

Skyrain
12-04-2014, 02:30 PM
I still have not got anything.......?

Dandurin

BOUND labor pots.

Waahhh wahhhhhhhhhhh <Sad trombone>

Beere
This is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.... What do we need x10 exp or loot when most of us are lvl 50? 30 loyalty token its fair and also the patron days. But people lost oportunity to get more gold, to get more gilda stars, to farm for hasla weapons, and for that where is the compensation?And the many lands people lost because of those 3 days??? Whatever Trion decides...whatever. This is crap

I lost 11 possibilities for a Bear Baby... thats like super frustrating aswell.

clover

Ha. It was almost as if they were like, "oh crap, we said that." and they ran over to another person on the team and they were like, "oh we'll just say it was based on the server with the longest outage time", rofl.

Teelow
12-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Exactly: "Total duration". As in duration for the longest-affected server.
Folks complaining about identical treatment for different servers are essentially calling for the nerfing of the less affected servers, not the buffing of their own.

Let me explain it to you a little clearer then since you obviously don't get it. What they are doing now is pulling the Bait and Switch routine.

Inoch, Naima and Kyrios are on the same AH group. Inoch was down 24 hours longer then those other 2. Therefore, players on Kyrios and Naima had 24 hours longer reaping the benefit of an inflated AH but get the same rewards as those down the longest. That clear enough for you or shall I use smaller words?

ccp619
12-04-2014, 02:31 PM

For me this is not about what we "deserve", but about Trion being customer focused. You're correct, no one forces me to play this game, but neither do I feel good about having the game down and not being reliable. There are a number of "issues" with the game that need to be addressed IMHO and what is at stake is my loyalty. Will I stay and continue to put my money into this game; Do I want to sink my time into a game where it problems begin to outweigh the pluses?
The compensation pack is just OK. I don't find it particularly generous, nor do I find it a slap in the face. It's just... well... meh. It shows no creativity and has no "pop". Add an item like a chest (or two) that has some rng to make it more than just a trade-off.
Nice effort, but well short of making the medal round.

imnotyoda
12-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Teelow, incorrect homie.

monsters2343
You mean you play on one server and farm APEX on another. :D

Actually no I don't farm apex on the European server. In fact I have never even bought a single apex on the European server. My main characters are on the NA server Enla which seems to like to crash as of late leaving me with no ability to play hence why I even made a character on the European servers. I want to be able to play and when my server goes down for who knows what reasons I can now do that with the European servers. I also get a separate labor pool so I can test out playing different crafting classes besides the ones I do in the NA servers.

draciele
Trion is quite known for making compensation equal to all. If they made it special for every server, that would entail making 21 different packs for both patron and non patron, then dealing with how to determine which one is received for users of multiple servers. Then people will choose without paying attention and have a thousand support tickets because people are dumb and don't pay attention. Then you have those that depend on other servers to get crafted gear. Maybe they were affected in a way there too. Easiest course of action is a blanket compensation

kaoti
Do the math for the down time we had. A patron who is online 24/7 would have gotten more labor than that. It is a few pots. It's not bad but it's not great and it certainly isn't "generous". If You owe me 5 dollars and you give me 4.50 back and say we are square, you are not being generous. I won't mind so much that you stiffed me 50 cents but you are not being generous. Generous implies, interest. It implies more than what is owed. As in "IM SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED, HERE'S A LITTLE EXTRA TO MAKE UP FOR YOUR LOSSES". You know, the thing actual businesses do in the real world which makes people happy and encourages them to stay loyal. We didn't voluntarily sign up for down time. Trion didn't take out a 3 day loan from us. They messed up. Big time. And their compensation falls short of the expectations they setup. Full 1k labor potions of a similar quanity would have been generous compensation. It would have shown that they care, that they know our time is valuable. But that would dig into their daily worker compensation sales so we get stiffed with these instead. Even when trion is trying to pretend they are sorry, they put their short term profits first. I can hadly wait for our nerfed christmas event. Every time you give trion a chance, they go out of their way to disappoint.

Dudeh
Once again you've lied to us... You said it would be scaled. And now for us that had the LONGEST downtime are getting the same as the people who had the shortest...

ChaosDewiL
Aksing this question again . What about the people that were wrongfully banned when the servers crashed? When you guys fix our bans will we also be compensated? 'Cause it would suck if we don't :P

Nick name:Rkrin
Server name:Nebe (EU) I bought patron before the crashed
Reference number: 141204-001798
141203-001913
141203-001744

imnotyoda
12-04-2014, 02:33 PM
if you're complaining about this package, you've been confirmed a toxic troll and should go back to runescape.

Dandurin
Hopefully this only applies to F2P accounts that existed prior to the downtime? I know quite a few people who mass-created F2P accounts after it started to take advantage of any compensation package that would come out.
Pointless, as the items are all untradeable.

Grummor
Niiiiice, more than makes up for LP, and the 3k bonus LP equates about 150 bonus G's, which is also really nice, all things considered. Sucks for people with Land, but better than nothing. Lets hope next time they do this during the week.

PredatorX

What about the damn 20,000+ gold sitting in the Peace Fund... We had our own siege scroll for our alliance.. we don't care about the broken siege we want our peace fund.

K THANKS

Dandurin
12-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Thank you!
I have 68 accounts, thanks for the many Superior Worker's Compensation Potions ;)

Good luck draining your 68 independent labor pools. The potions are bound.

Hellbinder

The ArcheAge Team

most mmos would have something like this be account wide..

imnotyoda
Do the math for the down time we had.

Even if you were on the EU server Nui, you did not lose more than 7.5k in labor, even if you were logged in 24/7.

monsters2343
12-04-2014, 02:35 PM
As they should be. Dividing time between regions is a choice. (Though feel free to reward my APEX mule :D )
Not always a choice when the server you called home decides it wants to crash every few days.

Tenchry
12-04-2014, 02:36 PM

I think people mean the scapes post -

Mainly this part -
Additionally, the generous compensation packages for Patrons and non-Patrons is scaling to match the total duration of this outage

Okamihoro
12-04-2014, 02:38 PM
most mmos would have something like this be account wide..

Most MMO's dont have account wide labor pools.

Be grateful you got anything at all.

Dandurin

What you're really asking for is reduced compensation for those who waited less. Not gonna be a very popular request.

The compensation package was determined based on the servers with the worst outages.

Kamy
Thank you for the compensation! In my opinion it is a fair reward.

All things considered, I still believe the AA Team is the best community management team I have encountered in my extensive MMO experience.

Okamihoro
If you lost land during the downtime you are a window licker who should pay their taxes

This. If you lost land is was due to your own negligence.

Drephin

Most of the folks who lost land were land-grabbers who do not pay taxes and just hold land to sell quickly. The downfall of not keeping taxes paid up is losing the land during downtimes. I don't feel sorry for them at all. I'm personally happy with the compensation package plan.

clover
12-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Actually, now that I see Scapes post, I don't see anything in it that says that players on servers that were out longer would receive more than others.

"Scaling to match the total duration of this outage" just means they would give a compensation equal to total duration of the outage, period. Not individual servers, but until all issues were resolved.

Th3W0lf
I cant take this pack in site... =(

Ocho
Once again you've lied to us... You said it would be scaled. And now for us that had the LONGEST downtime are getting the same as the people who had the shortest...

Sorry it wasn't as clear as it could be initially. The compensation indeed scaled, it just scaled up for everyone.

kaoti
What you're really asking for is reduced compensation for those who waited less. Not gonna be a very popular request.

The compensation package was determined based on the servers with the worst outages.

Except it wasn't. Some servers were basically down for 4-5 days. Their issues started before it spread to all the other servers. 7500 labor is not 4-5 days worth of labor. I know some of you are really excited to get free stuff, and some of it is more than you think you could ever afford or deserve, but a lot of us know better. This is not trove. The player base is slightly smarter than your average f2p game yet trion still treats us like we are illiterate children. It wouldn't cost them a dime to actually compensate us 1:1 but once again, the pencil pushing bean counters have prevailed with their cost/anyalis and all of it based on labor. 10% exp and drop items are literally worthless. They do nothing. If trion wanted to help people catch up on time lost, they would have thrown in vocation tonics. But no, can't do that. That's a cash shop item. We just get leftover event trash. I wouldnt be suprised if this compensation was specifically designed to push cash shop sales for vocation tonics. Most people never have enough labor to justify their use anymore. Now they will. So 300 credit purchases for them. Trion wins, we lose when this is suppose to be a moment of humility for them, not another profit opportunity.

Dandurin
- 3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP) - Ok if you're leveling a new char I guess... - Save till we can level to 55.

Or you are leveling additional power sets like... most people at 50.

Killroth
i wouldnt call this generous at all...somewhat adequate maybe...double the labor and days and remove the candies no one gives a ♥♥♥♥ about candies.

Zan
12-04-2014, 02:40 PM
The candies are meh. I've got a ton of those and never use them.
The rest is adequate. It's not bad. It's not awesome.

To those who lost land: I hope you learned your lesson.
Pay when you get the mail. If you have to delay because you have to regen your LP or earn gold to pay your taxes, you're doing it wrong. You should always be one week ahead.

Teelow

So lets say: I have 30 days in my billing cycle for "electricity" and somebody only has 25 days. We should both pay the same? Goota lub meh some flawed logics ther!

Norman1
No gilda stars? We missed out on the daily quests.

Sedilis
If you lost land during the downtime you are a window licker who should pay their taxes

Best post in the tread :D

Rahvin
Posted this in a now locked thread in gen. disc. so going to repost here because I've been fairly quick to criticize them when they screw up and I'd like to give credit where credit is due...hopefully they can right this ship.

Copy/paste:

Better than I expected tbh...figured it'd either be like 3 days patron time...nearly useless...or too far in the other direction and gamebreaking...I'm pleasantly surprised, I honestly expected them to screw it up.

monsters2343
12-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Good luck draining your 68 independent labor pools. The potions are bound.
Even bound that is 340,000 lp not counting any lp they may already have and that is for non-patrons. plenty enough lp to more then rock the AH even if they only mine or grow things.

wei9fhr78g2uf
I actually lost an awesome bit of land, thanks trion for the xp candy even though the characters i play on are lvl 50, ♥♥♥♥ yeah.

Makoshiron
Trying to blame the victim for the server being down is completely ridiculous. Your tax bill gives a PAY BY DATE on it, therefore you are ENTITLED TO PAY UP TO THAT VERY MINUTE and not worry about having your land demo. To some how say "you should of" is so fking stupid its beyond stupid. The fact is: IF THE SERVER WAS NOT DOWN FOR 3 DAYS MANY PEOPLE WOULD STILL HAVE THEIR LAND. Get that through your thick scull.

You are given an ample grace period to pay your taxes (at least a week before demo). If you lost your land it's only by your own stupidity. Cry b/c you actually HAD land when majority of the patrons who only got patron so they could have land have NONE. Had a good laugh from this but there is no argument here.

Riddick
Well I would of rather got in store credit to purchase individual products, overall it is fair to all except to those that lost land and items.

What I would like to know is to know exactly what happened. I think what angers players the most is the lack of transparency and explanations as to what has, had, will occur.
Explain what happened in detail, what are you doing/done to resolve the matter. Reasons why Rollbacks are impossible/impractical and sticky the dang posts.
Focus on customer service and public relations and you will have less people jumping ship.

limari
Pfff no me gustó

mb24064
Thanks Trion. I think this compensation is more than fair. The people speaking out are those that wouldn't have been happy with anything you gave out anyway.

Killroth
Sorry it wasn't as clear as it could be initially. The compensation indeed scaled, it just scaled up for everyone.

ummm why would u even state that it was scaling if everyone was going to get the same. You just changed your mind cause it was harderer to implement.

Okamihoro
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM
So lets say: I have 30 days in my billing cycle for "electricity" and somebody only has 25 days. We should both pay the same? Goota lub meh some flawed logics ther!

I pity your need to feel special.

If someone uses 30 days worth of electricty while another only used 25, do both members pay for 30 days?

Gotta love the flawed logiz ther.

Un4GivN
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Except it wasn't. Some servers were basically down for 4-5 days. Their issues started before it spread to all the other servers. 7500 labor is not 4-5 days worth of labor. I know some of you are really excited to get free stuff, and some of it is more than you think you could ever afford or deserve, but a lot of us know better.

If you were logged in 24/7, which you couldnt possibly play 96 hours in a row and hence be afk half of it. You would have gain 11.5k... If you were offline the whole time you would gain 5.7k.

They estimated in the middle figuring you have to sleep or do something which is the case with 90 percent. I really dont see how you can complain about that.

Teelow
12-04-2014, 02:43 PM
You are given an ample grace period to pay your taxes (at least a week before demo). If you lost your land it's only by your own stupidity. Cry b/c you actually HAD land when majority of the patrons who only got patron so they could have land have NONE. Had a good laugh from this but there is no argument here.

Actually I didn't lose any land, but I am taking to task the complete idiots that blame the victim rather then Trion. The mere fact is if the servers were not DOWN for 3 days and the timers kept ticking....many would not of lost their land. You can go ahead and spin it any way you wish, but you can't argue with facts.

hanyoo
12-04-2014, 02:44 PM
We're in process of making it happen, unfortunately it's not instantaneous. As soon as it is completed we'll release instructions.ok thank u ~ me and my friends we are waiting fot it ~~ lol

Killroth
If you were logged in 24/7, which you couldnt possibly play 96 hours in a row and hence be afk half of it. You would have gain 11.5k... If you were offline the whole time you would gain 5.7k.

They estimated in the middle figuring you have to sleep or do something which is the case with 90 percent. I really dont see how you can complain about that.

Because, why would they take the middle ground and do some kinda average figure if they were going to do a "generous package"

Heavenscreed
Trion is quite known for making compensation equal to all. If they made it special for every server, that would entail making 21 different packs for both patron and non patron, then dealing with how to determine which one is received for users of multiple servers. Then people will choose without paying attention and have a thousand support tickets because people are dumb and don't pay attention. Then you have those that depend on other servers to get crafted gear. Maybe they were affected in a way there too. Easiest course of action is a blanket compensation

yes and no. Depending on how you code it. you could make it work as such. 16 of the servers were down for roughly the same amount of time, these servers would have the same package assigned to them. the remainder would be a bit more individualized. So that comes out to more like 3 or 4 different packages for patron and non. Then for each, account if character data existed on said server during its particular down time then that particular package is unlocked for that account. the account holder then can select the package they want but said package is server bound.

I think something like that is within the realm of possibilities and would be considered worth while to the community even if we had to wait a few days for it to be applied.

Again this is all null and void since ocho clarified scapes' post anyways

EvilTachi
quiet f2p newb, you deserve zero compensation.

Shhh...shhhh *Pets his head* It's okay special snowflake, it's all okay

Didn't knew my comment would damage you so hard, i'm soo sorry, here, take a lollypop and go to play in peace, meanwhile this f2p will keep beign way better than you, period.

*Winks*

Myoko
12-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Why have you guys not said anything about sieges yet? You are neglecting and leaving a huge population of your player base in the dark. When are we going to get answers and reconciliation for sieges? We want to siege!!!

I highly doubt the seiging population makes up any significant fraction of the games total population...

meowmeow
5 days and not to mention apex still ISN'T working?
Do you know how much land people lost cause of your apex + server screw up?

Tiffan
Nice, first step in regaining your awesome trion. Still a ways to go!

thanks for the free stuff tho!

Teelow
I pity your need to feel special.

If someone uses 30 days worth of electricty while another only used 25, do both members pay for 30 days?

Gotta love the flawed logiz ther.

No, they pay different amounts based on USAGE. Therefore those server down longer should of been scaled for more compensation. Don't get why it is so hard for some of you to get this.

Ravyn
12-04-2014, 02:46 PM
I think this compensation is decent for those of us who didn't lose things during the down time. 2 extra days of patron, 15 loyalty tokens, and 7,500 labor is not terrible. Personally, I would have just given an actual week or, given we just went through this kind of crap with Auroria launch, I'd have said 2 weeks, but that's just me.

For those that lost land, resources, etc. during the outage, I think they're not going to see this as enough.

kaoti
12-04-2014, 02:46 PM

Generous is the key word here. Trion's word. Average. Below average. Is not generous. You don't want to complain? Then don't. I do. I cant use exp candies and I know from experience that droprate candies do jack ♥♥♥♥. This game doesnt have monsters that drop stuff, incase you didnt get the memo.

Dandurin
12-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Except it wasn't. Some servers were basically down for 4-5 days. Their issues started before it spread to all the other servers. 7500 labor is not 4-5 days worth of labor. I know some of you are really excited to get free stuff, and some of it is more than you think you could ever afford or deserve, but a lot of us know better.

You're getting all that labor back with just the 5 extra days of Patron (not to mention the offline ticking up to 5k that we all got during the outage).

I see several people implying that the compensation needs to give us everything NOW that they COULD have obtained during the outage days and I think that's nonsense.

We didn't play, so we shouldn't get rewards as if we did.

Factoring in the Tax Credits I'm buying with the Loyalty Points and I am thrilled to have an extra 9.1k labor on top of ticking up to 5k while offline AND 5 patron days worth.

Rubber
well done !!!!!!!

Un4GivN
No, they pay different amounts based on USAGE. Therefore those server down longer should of been scaled for more compensation. Don't get why it is so hard for some of you to get this.

They were scaled!!$!@%!@#^ Scaled to the highest server outage... Could you have gained 30 loyalty points in 4 days? NO, but I dont see you complaining they gave you too many?

You are literally throwing a tempter tantrum cause they didnt ASSUME people stay logged in 24/7 every day for 4 days. And ASSUMED people only play video games for 12 hours a day. Seriously?

Yed

Ocho, does EU also receive this compensation?

meowmeow
12-04-2014, 02:48 PM
is no where NEAR generous with the god dam apex not working. Patron expiring, apex still cannot be used. In the end more people are going to be losing land.

Extend the patron time longer for dam sakes if you can't fix ur shtty apex.

Rhiaden
Generous is the key word here. Trion's word. Average. Below average. Is not generous. You don't want to complain? Then don't. I do. I cant use exp candies and I know from experience that droprate candies do jack ♥♥♥♥. This game doesnt have monsters that drop stuff, incase you didnt get the memo.

Generous is "more than we needed to give you"

Whether or not you find the package acceptable is a personal opinion, and there are some people who nothing short of a month of gametime and several hundred tax certs would have been sufficient.

Kiwibird
does EU also receive this compensation?

Definitely! It's not just for NA. :o

RichWhale
12-04-2014, 02:49 PM

My point was that there are currently players leaving or on the fence about leaving. Trion should have been thinking about this fact and made the compensation package good enough to entice these players into staying with the game. Trion's "apology package" seems kind of half-assed and the fact that they threw in some left-over Halloween candy is kind of sad... it just goes to show that they really don't care and are just giving away some random stuff to get people to shut up, instead of actually looking at the picture as a whole and trying to entice those leaving players to come back/stay with the game. As some one who is on the fence about staying - I have to say this compensation package would not sway me into staying by any stretch... I just look at is as another not-well-thought-out Trion plan.

Dandurin
I highly doubt the seiging population makes up any significant fraction of the games total population...

I don't siege (yet) or own a castle, but it's the pinnacle of the game, it should be respected.

Teelow
They were scaled!!$!@%!@#^ Scaled to the highest server outage... Could you have gained 30 loyalty points in 4 days? NO, but I dont see you complaining they gave you too many?

Obviously you were not one of the five servers down 24+ hours longer then the rest so.....meh

Okamihoro

Im sorry, perhaps using electricity was a poor example. Lets use a cable plan for an example instead. These are both utilities.
Both people have contracts for the same plan.
Person 1 watches uses the same cable package every day for 30 days.
Person 2 only uses it 10 days in a 30 day period.
Both people pay the same $$ amount regardless of usage.

Additionally, your post about the whiners and their land. To some degree you are right, they would have sold it.
It is the players fault for neglecting taxes. They should not be compensated for neglecting themselves.

Dandurin
12-04-2014, 02:50 PM

You're an Archemaster?

meowmeow
12-04-2014, 02:50 PM

So you're basically ignoring the apex issue how people patron is EXPIRING due to them + the server outage + apex STILL isn't working?

Are you trying to make more people quit by losing their land with only a 5 days extension?

TattedSoul
12-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Calleil was down for at least a day long than most the servers. So much for adjusting it accordingly to the downtime..

Loconia
12-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Ocho, does EU also receive this compensation?

And all the rift players too... gotta be equal to everyone.

antsrkool
12-04-2014, 02:52 PM
what about all the tax we payed for land that we could not use for all that time. what about all the stuff people had listed on the ah that they paided listing fee's for.

Okamihoro
So you're basically ignoring the apex issue how people patron is EXPIRING due to them + the server outage + apex STILL isn't working?

Are you trying to make more people quit by losing their land with only a 5 days extension?

If you have the apex in your inventory you can use live chat.....
Apex cant b fixed by trion, if i recall correctly it needs to be fixed by XLgames.

You could also get a job and pay for patron like a normal human being.

wei9fhr78g2uf

I love how the Trion community members only reply to nice post.

Kytchi
Patrons have a max of 5,000 labor, get 7,500 labor in pots = 1.5x of max labor (5.2 days of online regeneration)

Non-Patrons have a max of 2,000 labor, get 5,000 labor in pots = 2.5x of max labor (3.47 days of online regeneration)

What's wrong with this picture? Patrons get 5 extra pots for paying $15 a month?

http://i.imgur.com/pqidr7I.gif

Okamihoro
12-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Calleil was down for at least a day long than most the servers. So much for adjusting it accordingly to the downtime..

It was though.... Please review the thread and read the OP.

Un4GivN

They did it to the LONGEST DOWNTIME... Is that that hard to understand. So yes some servers that were only down 2 days got the comp for being down 4. But it is scaled to the LONGEST DOWNTIME!

Obviously you were not one of the five servers down 24+ hours longer then the rest so.....meh

You didn't answer the question? If you want it scaled exactly do you want to lose the loyalty tokens?

Teelow
Im sorry, perhaps using electricity was a poor example. Lets use a cable plan for an example instead. These are both utilities.
Both people have contracts for the same plan.
Person 1 watches uses the same cable package every day for 30 days.
Person 2 only uses it 10 days in a 30 day period.
Both people pay the same $$ amount regardless of usage.

Additionally, your post about the whiners and their land. To some degree you are right, they would have sold it.
It is the players fault for neglecting taxes. They should not be compensated for neglecting themselves.

Wrong....when you get a tax email, they have a "due" by date. It doesnt say PAY IMMEDIATELY, correct me if I am wrong? Trying to say people that lost their land are at fault is stupid. The mere fact if the servers were up, the MAJORITY of people would of been ONLINE to be able to pay their tax bill thus NOT losing their land. Keep on blaming the victim though.......

Somber
Awesome package. Way more than I expected. Useful items to everyone. Also I love seeing all the recent posts from staff. Keep up the good work!

Yed
12-04-2014, 02:54 PM

Thanks! I'll just patiently wait until it shows up on my Glyph page.

FloatingFatMan
You can go ahead and spin it any way you wish, but you can't argue with facts.

Now you're just being silly. This is the internet, you know. Of COURSE people will argue with facts!

Okamihoro
Patrons have a max of 5,000 labor, get 7,500 labor in pots = 1.5x of max labor (5.2 days of online regeneration)

Non-Patrons have a max of 2,000 labor, get 5,000 labor in pots = 2.5x of max labor (3.47 days of online regeneration)

What's wrong with this picture? Patrons get 5 extra pots for paying $15 a month?

http://i.imgur.com/pqidr7I.gif

Do premium members in any community online or in real life, typically get better service over people who pay less? Yes..
Support the game and be rewarded.

Teelow
They did it to the LONGEST DOWNTIME... Is that that hard to understand. So yes some servers that were only down 2 days got the comp for being down 4. But it is scaled to the LONGEST DOWNTIME!

You didn't answer the question? If you want it scaled exactly do you want to lose the loyalty tokens?

Seeing I was on a server that was down 24+ longer then 16 others, it would not be me losing loyalty tokens if they scaled it.

Un4GivN
12-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Seeing I was on a server that was down 24+ longer then 16 others, it would not be me losing loyalty tokens if they scaled it.

Yes it would, you were not down 6 days... at most 4, if you couldnt log in at all. So 20 tokens

Wolvar
Seems more than fair to me.

Okamihoro
Wrong....when you get a tax email, they have a "due" by date. It doesnt say PAY IMMEDIATELY, correct me if I am wrong? Trying to say people that lost their land are at fault is stupid. The mere fact if the servers were up, the MAJORITY of people would of been ONLINE to be able to pay their tax bill thus NOT losing their land. Keep on blaming the victim though.......

Again, sorta right again. They have 1 week to pay, then they accrue a late fee with 1 more week before demolition...

Enoeth
Good news, thanks!
Now that things have been solved and people are satisfied, perhaps you can now focus on re-enabling the Apex again.

Etch
12-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Everyone getting equal rewards when servers where not down equally is a load of crap.
The packs themselves are laughable. Maybe for the servers that came up in a timely manner.

I lost land. COMPENSATION? The same little prize bag of trash items that people who logged in day 2.

meowmeow
If you have the apex in your inventory you can use live chat.....
Apex cant b fixed by trion, if i recall correctly it needs to be fixed by XLgames.

You could also get a job and pay for patron like a normal human being.

I did PAID them, founder pack + over 200 bucks of credits I used on the marketplace for those god dam RNG boxes, decoration, and other sht.

I got apex left and I wish to USE THEM like they're suppose to do. Trion screwed up way too much lately for me to have faith keep recurring my payment honestly.

So i rather be using my apex that i stocked up a bit for my friends (which they quit now thanks to all the exploits and sht)

And live chat did not help. waited hours in queue to only get a disappointed chat of they cannot help me use up the apex, and how I have to wait for them to fix it first.

Davo
I have 4 characters, so 8k Labor per day was lost.

That's 24k labor I lost and you're not even giving a 1/4 of it back. Pure BS.

wei9fhr78g2uf
Good news, thanks!
Now that things have been solved and people are satisfied, perhaps you can now focus on re-enabling the Apex again.

Are you ♥♥♥♥ing nuts, this is bollox, along with trion's efforts

Roark24601
12-04-2014, 02:57 PM
This was exactly the compensation I expected. It adequately compensates for time lost and does nothing to restore faith in the brand.

I'm glad it lives up to my expectations perfectly.

Un4GivN
12-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Everyone getting equal rewards when servers where not down equally is a load of crap.
The packs themselves are laughable. Maybe for the servers that came up in a timely manner.

I lost land. COMPENSATION? The same little prize bag of trash items that people who logged in day 2.

Your compensation for losing your land is a hard lesson to not be a duh duh da. And pay your taxes on time. Bet you don't make that mistake again.