PDA

View Full Version : Just imagine..

Josh the Wizard
04-05-2014, 06:50 PM
If they made an SAO (Swords Art Online) game based off ArcheAge, the engine and everything but just SAO related.. It has the same aspects housing, rents, fishing, marriage.. It's brilliant!

What do you guys think?

ANIME: Sword Art Online (SAO) is a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), released in 2022. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds. Read more about SAO here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online)

Rumaskin
04-05-2014, 07:58 PM
You should read the novels. go to the website http://www.wattpad.com/story/6143973-sword-art-online-light-novel-volume-1-aincrad

Quang
04-06-2014, 04:13 AM
If you want the virtual world, then I prefer Log Horizion. The world is more in depth there. In SAO you have a goal, and that is to complete all 100 floors while in Log Horizon there is no goal at all. And it is a virtual game turned real so it is more sandbox and open world while in SAO you have to complete a stage to get to the next area which makes it very linear.

It is more about what are the limits of the world? Since the world was originally a game but now it is real so it got tons more opportunities like building a ship which was not possible in a game.

xDrac
04-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Oh god, I would absolutely love a SAO mmorpg, seriously. The whole concept is brilliant!

Josh the Wizard
04-06-2014, 06:27 AM
You should read the novels. go to the website http://www.wattpad.com/story/6143973-sword-art-online-light-novel-volume-1-aincrad

Thanks for suggesting but I'm not much of a reader, I only read when I'm told to.. I don't like to read just as a hobby or pastime.

I've seen all the episodes though and I'm looking forward for the new "season".

Josh the Wizard
04-06-2014, 06:29 AM
If you want the virtual world, then I prefer Log Horizion. The world is more in depth there. In SAO you have a goal, and that is to complete all 100 floors while in Log Horizon there is no goal at all. And it is a virtual game turned real so it is more sandbox and open world while in SAO you have to complete a stage to get to the next area which makes it very linear.

It is more about what are the limits of the world? Since the world was originally a game but now it is real so it got tons more opportunities like building a ship which was not possible in a game.

Same thing, I also watch Log Horizon but I just said SAO because imo it has a larger audience than Log Horizon at the moment, but sure that'd would too.

Quang
04-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Same thing, I also watch Log Horizon but I just said SAO because imo it has a larger audience than Log Horizon at the moment, but sure that'd would too.

Yes, but the 2 worlds are really different. Only thing they have in common is that they are virtual worlds but I think Log Horizon has more depth in what they can do in the world which I think is the most important part since it is an open world sandbox game.

Yama
04-06-2014, 07:55 AM
I agree with Quang. I loved SAO but log horizon would be more fun. You even get to create your own skills

Senpai noticed
04-06-2014, 11:04 AM
a lot of SAO addicts..