PDA

View Full Version : about "land grab hacker" where I can report?

Amandaa
12-07-2014, 09:55 PM
well today i see a "land grab hacker" called visilant (server is calleil) in dewstone have a screenshot...

but i cant find a place for report... any ppl can help me?

thanks and i hope trion solve this problem about "land grab hacker" soon...

if no i will quit this game... i love this game is really... but... this way i can't love...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CqSR1AKkXks/VIUvCOzrb5I/AAAAAAAAAEo/eVNEu7OcaCY/w1538-h865-no/ScreenShot0002.jpg

Uncle Bob
12-07-2014, 10:31 PM
While in game, click on the little gear symbol at the bottom far right side of the Screen. This is the Menu Icon. Left click "Contact Us". Sign in to your account. when the "Glyph Support Center" Pops up/ left click the "Ask a Question" box on the right side of the screen.

Type in a subject, like "Using 3rd party Software to Grab Land" or such.

In the "Question" Box describe in detail what happened. Make sure you mention that no Claim box popped up, they just were awarded the land (If that happened). The Character name. How many others were there. How many times has this happened. All the detail you can. Where it happened.

In the "Product" box select "Archeage"

In the Category Box, click the down arrow and select "Archeage Game Support". Click the arrow again, select "Report a Player" ( You have to scroll down to this).

I leave "Character Name" blank, as it is not clear what they are asking here, and it is optional. I can assume, but that is normally bad.

Select your Shard (Server) name by using the down arrow at the "Archeage Shard Name"

Click Continue.

There is another screen that pops up. I can not remember exactly what it says, but make sure you complete or submit it.

Do this every time you see a violation. But...please, make sure it really is one. We don not want Trion to waste time sorting out bad tickets. We want them banning cheaters.

Have fun! There are many things to do in this game that do not involve land, so enjoy!!

As you can see, this is not very user friendly , nor an obvious way to report someone. It should work though. I was unaware of this way for sometime as well.

Fargrist
12-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Uncle Bob has the truth of it.

Trion takes about a week to reply. Try and also do an ingame report using the red flashing report unauthorised icon. (in Basic when you press K)

We know for sure that Trion does ban land hackers. Our guild only reports land hackers and we get notifications when an account has been banned.

Trion doesn't tell us which account got banned, but since we only report land hackers, it's all good news.

Later we can tell because their houses start to fall.

For another land hacker to grab. :(

Amandaa
12-07-2014, 10:57 PM
thanks for help

Torto
12-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Shame on you, there is no land hack issue! We know this because Trion and their legion of white knights tell us so.

Also, double shame on you! How dare you try to obtain land for free! Don't you know that free land is the sole province of real estate barons? If they don't get all the free land they won't be able to sell it and they won't be able to enjoy the game! Now be a good person and go buy your land like the rest of us have to. Give your hard earned gold to the guy who clicks the fastest, they deserve it.

Amandaa
12-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Shame on you, there is no land hack issue! We know this because Trion and their legion of white knights tell us so.

Also, double shame on you! How dare you try to obtain land for free! Don't you know that free land is the sole province of real estate barons? If they don't get all the free land they won't be able to sell it and they won't be able to enjoy the game! Now be a good person and go buy your land like the rest of us have to. Give your hard earned gold to the guy who clicks the fastest, they deserve it.

yes lol ... i need be a good girl and buy my land...

thanks

sarcasm.... is true

for this reason about "lot of hackers" and "lot of problem" in this game.......... I think about it and.... maybe i agree in wipe all and relaunch this game.. like FFXIV

FloatingFatMan
12-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Here's how you report:

1. Write out a full and detailed report.
2. Print several screen shots of the hack happening.
3. Record video of the hack happening and copy the file to a USB key
3. Get a thick padded envelope, put your report, printed screenshots and the USB inside.
4. Address it to Trion HQ
5. Post it into the round postbox under your desk.

That will achieve exactly the same result as reporting them via support tickets or any other means. ie: None whatsoever.

undoomed
12-08-2014, 02:03 AM
Here's how you report:

1. Write out a full and detailed report.
2. Print several screen shots of the hack happening.
3. Record video of the hack happening and copy the file to a USB key
3. Get a thick padded envelope, put your report, printed screenshots and the USB inside.
4. Address it to Trion HQ
5. Post it into the round postbox under your desk.

That will achieve exactly the same result as reporting them via support tickets or any other means. ie: None whatsoever.

Or you can continue doing whatever the ♥♥♥♥ you are doing and ignore it. Same effect as reporting to Trion.

CheatersBuster
12-08-2014, 02:23 AM
Reporting them does nothing, we have the same land hackers not by days or weeks.. but from the start and no action has been taken, even with hacking evidences (ie: Banished on Dahuta taking multiple lands in different places at the exact moment.. that is technically impossible while playing legit) ...guess what? He still there using that same hack.
TRION only cares when their profit is directly affected (example APEX exploitation and such...).

Aeducan76
12-08-2014, 02:31 AM
What exactly is that screenshot supposed to prove or what proof have you of a land grad hacker?

The screenshot says nothing.

You couldnīt see him?
You can place a house in stealth.

He was super fast before you even got your pop-up windows with the "Build" button?
Well there is a way using just a mouse with just a left button and no fancy macro software and everyone can do it really fast - if they do not use a null-modem cable transfer for i-net.

So i am wondering again. Where is any proof.

Nirvii
12-08-2014, 02:58 AM
Your evidence is still flawed. They wont do jack to the player if u just get them one screenshot which show nothing.
Here are steps to grab the land hackers:
-Gather friends, the more the better
-Record the video
-Kill every single one near the land grab except your party. Make sure they have stealth detection lens
-Make sure there is no one around by walking around the premise after it been clear
-If you still lose to a say hacker, that's the solid video proof you got. (Even screenshots the attempt of clearing is ok)
-Spam report the hacker with more people

We did this to one hacker and he's going down within a month. With only multiple screenshots not video also.

Only a few ppl used the said program, they will be able to place their home regardless of range/line of sight and even on death. The rest 80% use spam click macro with good latency (20-30ms). Those will be hard to get rid off since they cannot win the land anyway if u can clear the space around the plot. Right now there is no mean to deal with those macro players.

Uncle Bob
12-08-2014, 03:10 AM
Your evidence is still flawed. They wont do jack to the player if u just get them one screenshot which show nothing.
Here are steps to grab the land hackers:
-Gather friends, the more the better
-Record the video
-Kill every single one near the land grab except your party. Make sure they have stealth detection lens
-Make sure there is no one around by walking around the premise after it been clear
-If you still lose to a say hacker, that's the solid video proof you got. (Even screenshots the attempt of clearing is ok)
-Spam report the hacker with more people

We did this to one hacker and he's going down within a month. With only multiple screenshots not video also.

Only a few ppl used the said program, they will be able to place their home regardless of range/line of sight and even on death. The rest 80% use spam click macro with good latency (20-30ms). Those will be hard to get rid off since they cannot win the land anyway if u can clear the space around the plot. Right now there is no mean to deal with those macro players.

There is a way to deal with them, and this should be done. Your Physical World Location should never give you an advantage claiming a game resource. See this post http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?138933-Need-Some-Sort-Of-Cooldown-For-Land-Grabbing

I would also say that Trion has probably already submitted a proposal for a game change to XL on this situation. If they have not then they have dropped the ball.

Aeducan76
12-08-2014, 03:23 AM
To provide some comfort...

When i first tried to place a few houses, being new to the game, i got pretty frustrated with ppl seeming to place houses at unnatural speeds. "Cheaters" crossed my mind.

But once i looked into how placing and building works, in general and when a spot gets free again - i get the spots i desire most of the time. And yes a good ping is a big plus there is no denying it. Turning down the graphics (with a game client restart) as a preemptive measure will also help, even if you system can handle the Very High / Ultra settings.

I know the housing issue from Ultima Online, which was a great game back then and before they introduced a candyland PvP free Zone. Point is - you will always have ppl that will grab "your land" before you can do. No matter what placement system. Be patient, look for other opportunies and maybe you can claim your most desired spot at a later time or even trade with the inhabitant.

Edit:
I know this shouldnīt be an issue but - if you know an AA player that has both a low ping and a decent pc, ask him to try for you (assuming your ping is above 50 and framerate not at optimum (60 or higher) ).
This can help but is no guarantee.

And not a totally justified reason for complaints either. If i play an online FPS with a poor ping and 15 Frames per second and get my butt shot to pieces every time... well then i am either to slow or cannot jump, shoot, kill like the other because of computer performance.

Uncle Bob
12-08-2014, 03:42 AM
To provide some comfort...

When i first tried to place a few houses, being new to the game, i got pretty frustrated with ppl seeming to place houses at unnatural speeds. "Cheaters" crossed my mind.

But once i looked into how placing and building works, in general and when a spot gets free again - i get the spots i desire most of the time. And yes a good ping is a big plus there is no denying it. Turning down the graphics (with a game client restart) as a preemptive measure will also help, even if you system can handle the Very High / Ultra settings.

I know the housing issue from Ultima Online, which was a great game back then and before they introduced a candyland PvP free Zone. Point is - you will always have ppl that will grab "your land" before you can do. No matter what placement system. Be patient, look for other opportunies and maybe you can claim your most desired spot at a later time or even trade with the inhabitant.

Edit:
I know this shouldnīt be an issue but - if you know an AA player that has both a low ping and a decent pc, ask him to try for you (assuming your ping is above 50 and framerate not at optimum (60 or higher) ).
This can help but is no guarantee.

And not a totally justified reason for complaints either. If i play an online FPS with a poor ping and 15 Frames per second and get my butt shot to pieces every time... well then i am either to slow or cannot jump, shoot, kill like the other because of computer performance.

The complaints stated here are 100% justified. If someone has a slow computer, lower ping, bad connection, whatever, yes that will effect gameplay. What they are saying here, and I agree with is that does not need to effect land ownership.

The current system undeniably favors hackers and people with low pings and mouse macros running. If they implement a different award system, this would not be so, and should not be so.

This is a game, keep it fun for the majority of the players, not for a few people who use 3rd Party Software or happen to be located in a good place in the world.

Amandaa
12-11-2014, 06:24 AM
What exactly is that screenshot supposed to prove or what proof have you of a land grad hacker?

The screenshot says nothing.

You couldnīt see him?
You can place a house in stealth.

He was super fast before you even got your pop-up windows with the "Build" button?
Well there is a way using just a mouse with just a left button and no fancy macro software and everyone can do it really fast - if they do not use a null-modem cable transfer for i-net.

So i am wondering again. Where is any proof.

OMG.... you is stupid?????? no need put more evidence..... i need put only time and day. and this screenshot... and the admin need just check the log of server in this time...

the admin have all log system from the server

if visilant using hack... the admin can find it in log system is simple...

if admin find any anormality in log in this time is hack system

Aeducan76
12-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Actually yes, time and day would really help, especially the admin. I know that because i am one. Not in AA of course, but my users repeatingly try to steal my time with gibberish like "something happend, dunno when and i of course did nothing at the time, which i cannot tell exactly. but i canīt do my work because of it".

I donīt play on NA - canīt judge the situation there - but after my many failures when starting AA i got my way around in placing structures. Not that i need any more owning a farm house and three crows next to it - one bought from another player, two out of demos.

I do agree however if someone almost instantly (where speaking of max 2-4 sec window here) places 2 buildings. At least thatīs suspicious. But technically possible if they go down one after another. Before the changes he could have simply used a short cut key to activate the second building design place it and start clicking the build button location, all possible withhin a few secs after the first buildings - if no lag or low fps interferes.

And if he has line of sight to both locations and is in placement range.

Now due to the changes he would have to acutally look at the building for disappearing or if he managed to click the health bar up first wait for that to disappear.

Point is, itīs not an exact science if you make a screenshot to prove anything. Even with the exact time given, the logs may prove empty of useful information.

I have seen so many ppl raging about others placing houses faster then they did and i have peronally witnessed a guy i demoed my old house for taking several seconds!!!! to place his crow after my house was already gone... i could have retaken that spot 5 times. But who does that to a friend :P

Aeducan76
12-25-2014, 02:44 PM
This is a game, keep it fun for the majority of the players, not for a few people who use 3rd Party Software or happen to be located in a good place in the world.

In denial to that, due to christmas i am at my families place, the worst inet since morse code over here. So i used my cell phone which also had a less than perfect reception for inet and yet i was able to beat a placement against 6 or 7 players by just hammering my left mouse button with two of my fingers once the house disappeared (the health bar to be exact, i donīt really look at the house).

Thatīs several clicks in a second and lag didnīt seem to matter...

Also you argument that the game is only fun if you can have a house - or at that matter place it your own. At least thatīs what your saying with your last sentence bottomline.

And tbh - i like to loose or win the placement game of thrones like it is - gives me a real hard adrenaline rush every time.

Filmoret
12-25-2014, 04:55 PM
You're too lazy to work your ♥♥♥ off and buy this land from this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. At least that's what people say when you talk about land hackers and greedy ♥♥♥♥♥♥s. I have yet to hear of 1 person being banned for land grab hacking.