PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Public Test Server FAQ

Scapes
12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Adventurers,

Got questions about the Public Test Server (PTS)? Find answers to the most common ones here!

Who has access to the PTS?

Everyone with a Trion account has the ability to play on PTS for ArcheAge.

What languages can I play in on the PTS?

You can play in English, French or German – it just depends on what your Glyph Client is set to.

How do I log into the PTS?

To get to ArcheAge’s Public Test Server, load up Glyph and select “Public Test” from the region selection. You’ll have the option to install the Test client or, if you have already installed it, to play the game.

Can I copy my live game installation to the PTS directory?

If you want to avoid downloading the entire client, COPY your live client folder [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\Live to [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\PTS. Then rename “history.txt” to “pts-history.txt”. Make sure that you COPY your files, or you’ll end up having to re-download the live client. The default game location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games. After you launch Glyph, check the “Settings” to make sure that it’s pointing to the new folder that you just copied everything into, and update to the new build! You should only have a small update (150-180mb) to get you patched up.

Why is my Patron Status missing on PTS?

Anyone who becomes a Patron or begins a new subscription period will get Patron Status on PTS. We are working on getting Patron Status on PTS to existing Patrons as quickly as we can. To help with labor, the online labor regeneration rate has been doubled until we can get all historical Patron Time applied to PTS.

How do I give feedback?

The best way to give feedback is on our forums in the Public Test Server forum (http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?79-Public-Test-Server). There will be threads for specific feedback that we’re looking for to ensure that we see all the feedback on key topics!

If I buy something on PTS does it affect my live Credits?

No. PTS and Live servers have different pools of Credits. Any Credits you spend on PTS will only give you items on PTS, and will not affect your live characters or account.

How do I get Credits on PTS?

There’s a couple different ways to get credits on PTS. Periodically, we’ll be granting players PTS Credits. If you purchase Credits, those Credits will get copied over to the PTS servers for when you’re testing. Remember, your PTS Credits don’t affect your live credits, so you can spend them on testing items safely!

How do I get my character leveled up or receive test items on PTS?

After you’ve created your character and logged into the server, say “Level me up Fluffy” in /say and you’ll get experience, gear, gold, Gilda stars, and a few fun items to help you enjoy your new level. It might take a few seconds and some more chat before your level up happens! (If it you don't see a lot of chat from other players, try talking to yourself.) You’ll need to go to a mailbox to receive your items, so be sure to check all of your mail! Once you get leveled up to 50, select your additional 2 skill trees. Use the Growthstones in your inventory to level additional trees up to 50. Select your skills, equip your gear and you’re all set!

For the latest Fluffy commands, visit this thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?160764-List-of-quot-Fluffy-quot-Commands-for-Public-Test-Server).

How do I level my character's profession on PTS?

The Fluffy bot can be used by any player on PTS to level their profession (such as mining): in /say chat, enter "level mining fluffy". Please note, these commands may be temporary.

Is my progress on PTS permanent?

No, all progress on PTS may be wiped at any time without notice.

Where do I find out what’s new on PTS?

Check out the Public Test Server forums (http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?79-Public-Test-Server) for the latest notes and testing directions.

Got a question we missed? Ask it here! This FAQ will be updated as needed so keep checking back.

flesh
12-12-2014, 08:04 PM

If you want to avoid downloading the entire client, COPY your live client folder [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\Live to [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\PTS. Then rename “history.txt” to “pts-history.txt”. Make sure that you COPY your files, or you’ll end up having to re-download the live client. The default game location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games. After you launch Glyph, check the “Settings” to make sure that it’s pointing to the new folder that you just copied everything into, and update to the new build! You should only have a small update (150-180mb) to get you patched up.

Did all that exactly to the letter, now it wants to download the full game on both live and PTS. I have archeage install in the default directory.

Shootersa
12-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Will the Labor pool be unlimited or restricted?

LianLi
12-12-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm a dumbass and didn't read it fully thanks!

Thanks!

Kerpal
12-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Did all that exactly to the letter, now it wants to download the full game on both live and PTS. I have archeage install in the default directory.

So its not working i guess?

Blakefire
12-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Are we going to be boosted? So we can test out the new instance?

Thanks!Read the FAQ.

NZ1
12-12-2014, 09:55 PM
how do i get patron on pts? the account is patron but not applying on pts, only na/eu

Banjee
12-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Is the 20 Labor Regen / 5 min only for the Test Server or is this Included in the next Update itself for Live ones? Would be rly nice to see this Live.

Jeebz
12-12-2014, 10:12 PM
i did this step by step but it still wants to download the whole thing again

FireCait
12-12-2014, 10:51 PM

Make sure that you have set the PTS folder (LIVE & PTS have to be in different folders) in the Settings menu in Glyph to the one that you copied your files into, and that you have renamed your history.txt file to pts-history.txt.

Linkthehobo
12-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Wh..wh.whheres my Alpha character =[

I miss him so much..

Miley Cyruuuus
12-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Will we get 4.16 live this year?

Beast Salphira
12-13-2014, 12:03 AM
Will we get 4.16 live this year?

Should yes, I assume this Monday (American).

Aniazi
12-13-2014, 12:04 AM
you said youll reset the progress at any time but will the characters still exist and just be reset to level 1 or will they be deleted and the server will essentially become brand new again?

Blasting
12-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Are there any commands used to obtain Stone, Lumber, Fabric, Leather, or other crafting items for the bot? So that we can actually test out all the different aspects of the game during new patches to the PTS...?

Aniazi
12-13-2014, 12:11 AM
can we get 50% extra success in rng and drop rates? and can we get free gilda so we can craft and test things out that we craft?(if these are already added please do tell me because im not ingame yet.)

Crazy Mike
12-13-2014, 12:21 AM
can the Level me up Fluffy command be unlimited so its easier to start testing some of the new content since its all endgame based and the items you get started with arent

Beast Salphira
12-13-2014, 12:22 AM
can we get 50% extra success in rng and drop rates? and can we get free gilda so we can craft and test things out that we craft?(if these are already added please do tell me because im not ingame yet.)

Test server = test things, not have them handed to you on a platter. The only things they provide is gear, gilda, potions/food and gold to test raids and the like. Giving you extra RNG or % rates isn't testing, that's free loot.

Aniazi
12-13-2014, 12:30 AM
yes but in the future they plan to have us test out unreleased crafting and items that will drop from mobs. if they will take them from us later anyways why the hell should we have to work hard for it to be erased. if they make it easier to do it it wont matter if its erased or not so there isnt any reason they shouldnt make it easier. having their content recieved slowly is counterproductive to getting reports in faster.

Beast Salphira
12-13-2014, 12:59 AM
yes but in the future they plan to have us test out unreleased crafting and items that will drop from mobs. if they will take them from us later anyways why the hell should we have to work hard for it to be erased. if they make it easier to do it it wont matter if its erased or not so there isnt any reason they shouldnt make it easier. having their content recieved slowly is counterproductive to getting reports in faster.

Because testing drop rates and RNG rates is a thing.

LlexX
12-13-2014, 02:01 AM
So, what about your promise about using the Alpha server as the PTS? Will you ever gonna keep your word, or you just keep deceiving us with more lies? :confused:

talizzar
12-13-2014, 04:09 AM
How about seeding the ah with the basics, such as stone, lumber etc. Also how about giving us the pumpkin crow, we don't really need to do the cookie run do we?

Linkthehobo
12-13-2014, 04:40 AM
Copied my live directory over to PTS, renamed my history.txt and I am getting automatic d/c on character selection. Any ideas? This is similar to what would occur after the file integrity checks were implemented last month to stop any edited game files. The copied files from my live client were not edited, as I removed any GUI additions I had when the integrity check was first in place for live. Any idea why I would be hitting this wall now with PTS?

FabledTRUTH
12-13-2014, 07:34 AM

Make sure you DONT name it with .txt at the end, JUST pts-history or else you will end up with a 6 hour download and the copy will have been pointless.

Ayalet
12-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Make sure you DONT name it with .txt at the end, JUST pts-history or else you will end up with a 6 hour download and the copy will have been pointless.

What HE said ^. It works

Zeri
12-13-2014, 10:44 AM
will this use up one of our character slots? or will the test server character not count?

Banjee
12-13-2014, 12:06 PM
will this use up one of our character slots? or will the test server character not count?

Test server is like NA and EU Seperated so it will only use the slots u have on PTS. And thats are the standart 2 slots till u extend it with the cash shop items over there.

Xenu
12-13-2014, 12:10 PM
WTF happened to Alpha server?

FireCait
12-13-2014, 01:48 PM

The Public Test Server is it's own "region" - your labor pool, loyalty points and character slots are all specific to the test server.

FireCait
12-13-2014, 01:51 PM
you said youll reset the progress at any time but will the characters still exist and just be reset to level 1 or will they be deleted and the server will essentially become brand new again?

It depends on what kind of testing we need. We don't intend to do the resets unless we really have to.

Please remember that PTS is not a play server there could be situations where we need to bring down the servers or reset them.

BADEVIL
12-13-2014, 02:48 PM
@FireCait - I think somone forgot about Metalworking Profi 20K and House and Smelting Furnance ???

Without this i Can't make anya ingot !!!

Ok I Back to Live server :-P

DragnLdy
12-13-2014, 03:46 PM

Just to be clear on this, the file will show up as 'history' with no extension if you have your folder properties set to 'don't show extensions for known files types' (or something like that). If this is the case, then you don't want to add the '.txt' to the file name as it will grab the extension from the original file name and your file will end up named pts-history.txt.txt and trigger the update.

If you don't have this option set, then the file will display as 'history.txt' and you want to make sure to include the extension when you rename the file.

I'm not absolutely sure that this made things any clearer or just confused the issue. Just deal with it!

Yil
12-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Um, we've been 'testing' this game since June. Some long before that. Little to none of our feedback has been implemented, and def the bugs and exploits found during testing were never fixed either. So what's this test server supposed to do?

jeremmy
12-14-2014, 10:07 AM
what is the server location ? na ?

Apostle
12-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Ok I tried to do this and I broke my NA/EU archeage... I'm sure the problem is with glyph... I did all steps to not download the whole game and didnt work for some reason, then I did a backup to my NA files and changed the beta to PST and history.txt... Then didnt work neither, so I used my backup files and re updated my settings folder in glyph back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta and still makes me re download 8gb... I tried like everything to get back my NA as it was before but he still making a download folder into beta and re downloading the whole game... And I had 2 backups and none is working, pretty sure the problem is with glyph, and even re installing it didnt work... Well I've 1mb internet so would take around 2 days to download the whole game (without im being able to use my laptop), so I'm desperate... How do I fix this?..

Dracokirian
12-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Crest Creation is not working, is it going to be like that? or is just a bug i have?

alexhype
12-14-2014, 06:11 PM
if you buy 2 apex and use it to get patron on live server does the credits get copy over to pts same way

Tzel
12-15-2014, 01:10 AM
make sure you dont name it with .txt at the end, just pts-history or else you will end up with a 6 hour download and the copy will have been pointless.

thank you so ♥♥♥♥ing much think they would mention that -_-

Fakee
12-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Can we get more than the 500g of the beginning ?

Jhonhinds
12-16-2014, 12:01 AM
I have the same question geekdoom:
Well, i have a few question

-Why i can get the quest of Karkasse from the Dragon Slayer's? (I need it cuz i need the rewards to craft the item for summon the red dragon)

-The name of the quest and npc are:

*Dragon Slayer Sardon / Crimson Shadow for Undrying Blood

*Dragon Slayer Bhiren / The Dragon's Enemy for Sharpened Spine

*Dragon Slayer Cardmoz / Eye of the Goddess for Sea Goddess's Breath

-Why dont create a macro (for Fluffy) to get that items?

thx for ur time to read this, i hope u can help me, then i can help you.

oruv12
12-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Hi there everyone especially to Trion,
I am here just to clarify somethings about the PTS,im not sure why other players like me didn't got the free credits?do we need to load up some credits first just to obtain the promised free credits or is it error 'cause 4 of my accounts dont have the free credits while others have and tested out the items from marketplace which is likely unfair.
How can i and so others that dont got the free credits can try out some items in marketplace?

okay next thing is..

Why do we have to gather crafting materials?i thought this was a Test server? And to be honest folks i think they should compensate each everyone who's participating here in PTS its time we spend here all of us and some efforts just to explore things out here. Now look at all players in-game still selling over priced item and now focused on making golds and forgot about testing out and finding out bugs and glitch here in PTS it's like we are in live servers now because of lack of materials we need to progress for further experimenting and exploring.

Well thanks for reading this it's just my opinion and hoping that some authorities can look @ this and think, im just saying all this so i can contribute to this community and hope to help others to for giving info for some newbies in this game.. but in the end i can't 'cause of the limitations they've set in PTS server w/c is awkward for the word "TEST SERVER" but its not a total waste because PTS got some cool stuffs to offer and some "commands" feature. overall for me this PTS Server is good but still some updates would be essential to fit the needs of players doing their best to explore here!

Thanks and more power to Trion "I LOVE THIS GAME" but the system is fcked up hope they can fix all of this and make this game TOP NATCH!

Bazinga
12-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Make sure that you have set the PTS folder (LIVE & PTS have to be in different folders) in the Settings menu in Glyph to the one that you copied your files into, and that you have renamed your history.txt file to pts-history.txt.

The correct directory, as for me, is [Glyph/Games/ArcheAge/Beta] and not Live. I tried changing the folder to Live once before. But Glyph wanted to redownload the game into another Beta folder in the same directory.

So if anyone has the game already downloaded, and Glyph is redownloading their game again, just change the game location's folder to Beta.

Faerunner
12-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Why do we have to gather crafting materials?i thought this was a Test server?

He brings up a good point... while collecting materials might be useful as a test to make sure that, say, the RNG on archeum ore drops isn't going wonky after a patch, a command to Fluffy to 'give resources' or 'give crafting materials' would also be useful. A couple stacks of basic materials (wood/ingots/fabric) plus some oils/gems etc to get things rolling. The last test server I played (old MMO) let you claim 1 'starter bag' each of: Lesser Rares, Greater Rares, Crafting Materials, Magic Reagents, Event Tokens/Gifts, and Mounts (clearly they had a lot more space to work with than we do in AA). But you could only claim it once... if you threw it out or used it, you couldn't get more. The limit on claims meant that yes, you did have to 'work' for some things on the server but it also protected the server. They allowed unlimited claims of one kind of item token, and some of us set out to see how many we could collect before the server crashed. We successfully brought it down 3 or 4 times before the dev team set claim limits! ;)

The XLGames/Trion team could come up with a similar idea, I'm sure. It'd help with testing! Also everybody loves getting free stuff to play with, and it's just a test server so it's not like we expect the stuff to stick around. If it's gonna get wiped anyway...

Oh, and can someone tell me how they got the file-copy/not-downloading-everything to work?

I can't get the game to just patch, Glyph wants to download the entire 8gb to my PTS folder even though I followed the instructions to copy everything over and renamed the history file. I suspect Glyph is looking for something else that isn't there, but I have no idea what that might be.

Dedzone
12-17-2014, 11:39 AM
He brings up a good point... while collecting materials might be useful as a test to make sure that, say, the RNG on archeum ore drops isn't going wonky after a patch, a command to Fluffy to 'give resources' or 'give crafting materials' would also be useful. A couple stacks of basic materials (wood/ingots/fabric) plus some oils/gems etc to get things rolling. The last test server I played (old MMO) let you claim 1 'starter bag' each of: Lesser Rares, Greater Rares, Crafting Materials, Magic Reagents, Event Tokens/Gifts, and Mounts (clearly they had a lot more space to work with than we do in AA). But you could only claim it once... if you threw it out or used it, you couldn't get more. The limit on claims meant that yes, you did have to 'work' for some things on the server but it also protected the server. They allowed unlimited claims of one kind of item token, and some of us set out to see how many we could collect before the server crashed. We successfully brought it down 3 or 4 times before the dev team set claim limits! ;)

The XLGames/Trion team could come up with a similar idea, I'm sure. It'd help with testing! Also everybody loves getting free stuff to play with, and it's just a test server so it's not like we expect the stuff to stick around. If it's gonna get wiped anyway...

Oh, and can someone tell me how they got the file-copy/not-downloading-everything to work?

I can't get the game to just patch, Glyph wants to download the entire 8gb to my PTS folder even though I followed the instructions to copy everything over and renamed the history file. I suspect Glyph is looking for something else that isn't there, but I have no idea what that might be.

Go to the base game folder. If you patched from beta, the live server folder will be named 'beta'. if you DL'd after beta, then the game folder will be 'live'. COPY either the live or beta folder. Go back into the (x86)/glyph/games/archeage and create a folder there with the name PTS. open PTS and paste the beta or live folder you had copied. Once that is done, go into the PTS folder and then the beta/live folder, and change the "history" file into "pts-history" DO NOT ADD .txt, as it is already a txt file.
Once that is complete, launch glyph and select the test server. Go to settings and a path should appear in the path box. hit browse and direct it to (x86)/glyph/games/archeage/PTS/"beta"or"live (whichever folder you copied over)
This should work.

Faerunner
12-17-2014, 05:58 PM
COPY either the live or beta folder.
This should work.

I think I just copied the contents into a new PTS folder, and not the Live folder itself. I'll try again. Thank you.

Musashi_Korian
12-17-2014, 06:25 PM
a list of commands for the fluffy bot may be a nice thing to have...

Ria
12-18-2014, 06:33 PM
So is this a permanent region now, or is it staying for limited time?

pplayer
01-07-2015, 02:55 AM
Level Metalwork Fluffy dont work

Senzerar
01-09-2015, 02:26 AM
It indeed doens't work.. Also level printing fluffy also doesn't seem to be functional.

Asphodel
01-09-2015, 05:57 AM
So, what about your promise about using the Alpha server as the PTS?

Wondering about this as well. Is this planned in the future i.e. when some features are added to the game to catch it up with Alpha patches? (i.e. library)

hanban
01-09-2015, 12:05 PM
I cant find the PTS folder anywhere

meersalzrama
01-11-2015, 12:52 AM
thx done all good

Grayla
01-14-2015, 06:21 PM
so I find the option for PTS in the settings in glyph. When I open it there is the installation information but I do not have the button pop below to install. Any suggestions?

joecci
01-14-2015, 11:04 PM
It depends on what kind of testing we need. We don't intend to do the resets unless we really have to.

Please remember that PTS is not a play server there could be situations where we need to bring down the servers or reset them.

The one thing I would say here is to try to avoid this as much as possible as to get REAL testing people need to play the PTS as they would the live server. It's through the course of gameplay that you end up finding and stumbling on bugs/glitches/exploits.

Also if it is possible it would be great to keep at least your character along with any cosmetic hair changes so you don't have to recreate the character from scratch. It would be great to also keep their personal inventories as well but its understandable why you might not be able to do that in all instances.

Also it would be helpful to have some testing notes that you as the devs want us to focus on.

Sil3x
01-15-2015, 05:24 AM
Would it be possible to have loyalty point on PTS to test some items (rumbling, ...) ?

Lexendary
01-24-2015, 05:20 PM
how about How to delete your lv50 character which is after 7 days redded out and i cant make my 2nd main.. GG.. FIX THAT PLEASE

MrBubbleSnatch
01-29-2015, 05:00 PM
I followed the instructions in the original post, and now I don't need to install it anymore. However, upon opening the game, after the "achieved with CRY engine 3" or after I press escape (to skip the intro), the game just crashes. idk if this problem has already been posted, but help pls?

Saveric
01-30-2015, 01:48 PM
I followed the instructions in the original post, and now I don't need to install it anymore. However, upon opening the game, after the "achieved with CRY engine 3" or after I press escape (to skip the intro), the game just crashes. idk if this problem has already been posted, but help pls?
Read this. (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?158316-Public-Test-Server-Offline-Until-Next-Build)

Chiyome
02-11-2015, 11:42 AM
I tried the whole 'rename the history file' thing and I still ended up redownloading the game. Oh well, its ok...

duducasa
02-11-2015, 04:49 PM
keep always the public test server online we want to play in this server not just for test the updates keep it always online we want to play in this server just for have fun with friends

Saveric
02-18-2015, 11:05 PM
keep always the public test server online we want to play in this server not just for test the updates keep it always online we want to play in this server just for have fun with friends

That's what the live servers are for you can play and have fun with friends there. Test server is just for testing.

Monokia
02-21-2015, 09:24 AM
Is there a different way to get the dolphin mount in the PTS or do we have to still use credits to buy supply crate for a rare drop?

LoveToDie
02-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Is there a way to copy my hotbar/hotkey settings so i dont have to redo them for every alt?

ThatGuyRightThere
02-22-2015, 01:29 AM
Commands are not working on PTS right now :(

TrapGod
02-22-2015, 02:03 AM
pllease fix the commands

maza
02-22-2015, 07:59 AM
Fluffy down pls fix it

kokU
02-23-2015, 08:43 AM
I just installed the PTS and I have no characters in the selection screen...

Infraction
02-23-2015, 08:59 AM
I just installed the PTS and I have no characters in the selection screen...

Characters don't copy over.

There is a list of commands put together by players to assist in leveling so you cant test though.

Why Trion hasn't put a list of commands together in an easy to find place is astounding but par for the course.

zeeyen
02-24-2015, 06:50 PM
error #1005 tho i did all of the above. even if i run admin and switch off firewall. delete the chance. etc. please help

Canofwhoopass
02-28-2015, 05:05 PM
when is the commands getting fixed?

Sairu
03-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Did the credits reset after the last PTS wipe?

Brightstar
03-28-2015, 07:41 PM
That copy paste of the live folder contents to a folder named PTS is not working it still says update and if u do that its want to download 9Gb so redownloading the whole thing

someone knows a solution?

Debi
03-29-2015, 12:02 AM
Did you read all the instructions and rename the file they told you to? Did you go into glyph and point it to the new directory? Just copying won't work without all the steps.

Tramyer
04-07-2015, 12:48 PM
I could use some credits please on PTS im out.

Scapes
04-17-2015, 06:43 PM
For the latest Fluffy commands, visit this thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?160764-List-of-quot-Fluffy-quot-Commands-for-Public-Test-Server).

Orochimara
04-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Erm when will the market be up again?;o

Endermax
04-22-2015, 06:06 AM
As soon as i got PTS i can't log onto my NA server same with EU i cant log on.The gods DC me every time i press connect maybe its The maintenance but i don't think its that uninstalled the PTS naw getting error on live server 'never gonna test game in PTS' pts installed in the same folders as my live i think ehh maybe its coz my folder is still called beta :P

ARCHE AGE
04-23-2015, 09:20 AM
\

pug
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
can you help me I am new

Markupatam
04-24-2015, 06:15 AM
As soon as i got PTS i can't log onto my NA server same with EU i cant log on.The gods DC me every time i press connect maybe its The maintenance but i don't think its that uninstalled the PTS naw getting error on live server 'never gonna test game in PTS' pts installed in the same folders as my live i think ehh maybe its coz my folder is still called beta :P

I second this. Tried to uninstall PTS. It ended up uninstalling all Archeage. Reinstalled. Still getting the bug (PTS installed too for some weird reason..). Any help with this?

Please??

Grakru21
04-26-2015, 10:07 AM
Do i really have to sit through this intro??? Its so damn long I just want to test some builds and armor out. Is there a way to skip all this stuff?

Hodor69
04-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Adventurers,

Does not seem to work.

I did it exactly as stated. I have now a Live and a PTS folder.

The history.txt is renamed pts-history.txt, and yes I have file extensions on so I can see.

When I launch Glyph from the folder hierarchy and go to Settings I see Archeage Live, and Archeage PTS. I *repeatedly* have tried selecting PTS, however every single time I press PLAY, it loads me into the regular server.

When I go back into settings, it's re-selected Live and will not save/"Sticky" the PTS setting.

What's going on, why can't I select - and save the fact I selected - PTS?

Thanks

Mysticalmel
05-10-2015, 05:55 AM
Does not seem to work.

I did it exactly as stated. I have now a Live and a PTS folder.

The history.txt is renamed pts-history.txt, and yes I have file extensions on so I can see.

When I launch Glyph from the folder hierarchy and go to Settings I see Archeage Live, and Archeage PTS. I *repeatedly* have tried selecting PTS, however every single time I press PLAY, it loads me into the regular server.

When I go back into settings, it's re-selected Live and will not save/"Sticky" the PTS setting.

What's going on, why can't I select - and save the fact I selected - PTS?

Thanks

ensure that you also have Public Test Server selected in the drop down box on the right at the top as well as in your settings :)

Skinku
05-11-2015, 12:38 PM
i just maid a new account on the PTS and i got a msg sayin the gods have disconted you. i cant even play becuase!! i added Level me up Fluffly and now i cant even play the PTS. thanks trion.

Darkwolfer
05-11-2015, 02:26 PM
is Dc'ing everyone when you use labor or buy from a npc, take stuff from your mail and so on. and the fluffy commands arent working either

Skinku
05-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Well trion aint helpin on this part and they wanted to open the PTS for 2 week BAHH. PLEASE TRION FIX THIS!!!

Yaminn
05-19-2015, 03:12 PM
What is up on PTS right now, Pre-1.7B?

XxThatWhitexX
05-22-2015, 06:41 PM
@Khrolan can u reset the credits on pts ? we would love to be able to try out the new chests and items but no credits to try it

Crowley3
05-23-2015, 05:16 AM
To the people having problems with copying live client to pts so you don't have to download it again, make sure you rename the history file to pts-history NOT pts-history.txt worked for me :D

Hera
05-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Super Trion :)

http://www.youscreen.de/gdcxkknf33.jpg

normaler Speed 15 m/s

ich bin begeistert

+++++

Archspell
09-12-2015, 03:27 PM
public server too closed?

also anyone can tell me to version of public test server please?

version 249044f now mine

IzzSoNinja
09-17-2015, 04:03 AM

Ok the problem i had was it wanted me to install the client even after i copied the live files. Typing "pts-history.txt", i had to drop the ".txt" and just rename it "pts-history" fixed the problem!

TheAncients
09-18-2015, 12:27 PM
I've been trying to figure out whether Chalets with a balcony design when upgraded still have the full roof space or whether only the upgraded terrace chalets have the full roof space. Have had no luck finding any pictures of both on forums.

Liloou
09-18-2015, 01:03 PM
everyone can join the pts (PUBLIC test server). you dont need an invite. just turn the region on pts and download the files or copy your live folder.

Akaviri
03-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Need Help with a Bug in My personal inventory... i was somehow able to open the bag wider than normal and cannot use the sort bag button at the bottom or the X (close) button at the top.. please advise

eliea
05-04-2016, 02:58 PM
hi :o when we will got new credit? :(

Zetsueno
06-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Eliea, If you have gotten credits on live you should get credits on PTS and usually you get new credits after a big update, such as 2.9.

ShinobiKitten
06-13-2016, 12:26 PM
I installed the entirety of the PTS and now it wont let me play, merely says "Offline". Anyone know why and/or how to fix it?

kind of annoyed since i just spent about 2 hours downloading it instead of playing AA :mad:

Daeci
06-13-2016, 12:57 PM
I installed the entirety of the PTS and now it wont let me play, merely says "Offline". Anyone know why and/or how to fix it?

kind of annoyed since i just spent about 2 hours downloading it instead of playing AA :mad:
PTS has been offline since June 1 for long-term maintenance. We are still waiting for it to come back online.

benzyboy5
06-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Hi I'm new to the forum and this section

I noticed various Items have been removed from the guild prestige shop on pts.
This is a little shocking because I've been buying many of these items including charms for regrade testing. I spend hours on pts everyday on top of live testing and reporting issues/ suggestions to trion.
Myself and everyone on pts would greatly enjoy items returned to the prestige shop and I'd particularly appreciate the charms being restored :S.

Thank your so much for your time and hard efforts!

Forestranger
07-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Is it true that the pts servers are going to be wiped after the 3.0 patch comes out? :(

Secondplzz
11-15-2016, 12:38 PM
Is it true that the pts servers are going to be wiped after the 3.0 patch comes out? :(

hue

arnie
11-30-2016, 12:24 AM
HI, i have download 3.0 patch but "file corrupt error #1004" .
Do you have any idea to help me?
I have try to re-dl the game and same error....

Richie1979
12-01-2016, 11:53 AM
HI, i have download 3.0 patch but "file corrupt error #1004" .
Do you have any idea to help me?
I have try to re-dl the game and same error....

Anyone have a sollution to fix this issue? Reinstall 3 times, reinstall glyph, delete temp files, set administrator, set antivirus exception, balahblah and corrupt again and again :(

LittleTimy
12-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Anyone have a sollution to fix this issue? Reinstall 3 times, reinstall glyph, delete temp files, set administrator, set antivirus exception, balahblah and corrupt again and again :(

use a cleaner to uninstall all items from the install - Iobit uninstaler is good - before you reinstall search for any thing left behind - when you reinstall pick a new location folder dont user default

Jive
06-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Adventurers,

Got questions about the Public Test Server (PTS)? Find answers to the most common ones here!

Who has access to the PTS?

Everyone with a Trion account has the ability to play on PTS for ArcheAge.

What languages can I play in on the PTS?

You can play in English, French or German – it just depends on what your Glyph Client is set to.

How do I log into the PTS?

To get to ArcheAge’s Public Test Server, load up Glyph and select “Public Test” from the region selection. You’ll have the option to install the Test client or, if you have already installed it, to play the game.

Why is my Patron Status missing on PTS?

Anyone who becomes a Patron or begins a new subscription period will get Patron Status on PTS. We are working on getting Patron Status on PTS to existing Patrons as quickly as we can. To help with labor, the online labor regeneration rate has been doubled until we can get all historical Patron Time applied to PTS.

How do I give feedback?

The best way to give feedback is on our forums in the Public Test Server forum (http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?79-Public-Test-Server). There will be threads for specific feedback that we’re looking for to ensure that we see all the feedback on key topics!

If I buy something on PTS does it affect my live Credits?

No. PTS and Live servers have different pools of Credits. Any Credits you spend on PTS will only give you items on PTS, and will not affect your live characters or account.

How do I get Credits on PTS?

There’s a couple different ways to get credits on PTS. Periodically, we’ll be granting players PTS Credits. If you purchase Credits, those Credits will get copied over to the PTS servers for when you’re testing. Remember, your PTS Credits don’t affect your live credits, so you can spend them on testing items safely!

How do I get my character leveled up or receive test items on PTS?

After you’ve created your character and logged into the server, say “Level me up Fluffy” in /say and you’ll get experience, gear, gold, Gilda stars, and a few fun items to help you enjoy your new level. It might take a few seconds and some more chat before your level up happens! (If it you don't see a lot of chat from other players, try talking to yourself.) You’ll need to go to a mailbox to receive your items, so be sure to check all of your mail! Once you get leveled up to 50, select your additional 2 skill trees. Use the Growthstones in your inventory to level additional trees up to 50. Select your skills, equip your gear and you’re all set!

How do I level my character's profession on PTS?

The Fluffy bot can be used by any player on PTS to level their profession (such as mining): in /say chat, enter "level mining fluffy". Please note, these commands may be temporary.

Is my progress on PTS permanent?

No, all progress on PTS may be wiped at any time without notice.

Where do I find out what’s new on PTS?

Check out the Public Test Server forums (http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?79-Public-Test-Server) for the latest notes and testing directions.

Got a question we missed? Ask it here! This FAQ will be updated as needed so keep checking back.

Are they going to fix the issue for steam users where nothing happens after they press play?

Regalia
06-04-2017, 04:32 AM
Are they going to fix the issue for steam users where nothing happens after they press play?

I'm stuck with the same issue, pressing "PLAY" on the launcher, ArcheAge pops up on taskmanager for a secound, then closes itself again.
I sure hope they don't want us to reinstall the whole PTS, just not on Steam, to be able to get in and test things for them...

iCustomBoxes
08-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Hi , i am jimmy i did this step by step but it still wants to download the whole thing again, I also recommended you Read the FAQ.

Balmaro
08-28-2017, 03:39 AM
Hello I will try to solve your problems, in this respect you should re-download your PTS.

Then
1 - Close Glyph/ArcheAge completely
2 - Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\PTS
3 - Edit pts-history.txt
4 - Replace the version number with 345131 or 351593f

5- Save and Close the text file
6 - Close Glyph and attempt to patch once again, additional files will be required to download

This is only for those who are doing well all steps of Scapes otherwise if your problem is not that PTS wants to redraw 12gb ignore this

Zarcata
03-14-2019, 10:53 PM
The PTS is how big?

Snerdles
03-15-2019, 02:35 AM
The PTS is how big?

It's the same size as the game, it's just another copy installed on your machine.