PDA

View Full Version : Directed Feedback: Winter Maiden Festival (Event)

Scapes
12-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Adventurers,

Please share your feedback about the new Winter Maiden Festival event in this thread. While it may not affect build 4.16 before it goes live due to timing, XLGAMES is interested in hearing about your experiences with it for future builds.

Thanks!

MrRiddick
12-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Will we get this event ? and if we will when? and also for christmass costumes when are they coming?

Snuggable
12-12-2014, 11:25 PM
I feel like the Festive Tree Decoration Packs need to drop a bit more. I dunno..I understand that the Festival Tree Decorations have a lower rate, but not the quest items to just get the initial tree.

Desie
12-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Agreed with Snuggable. The drop rate on these items seems really really low

Glove
12-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Well you asked for it Scapes :

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?141668-OMFG-They-have-done-it-again-%28Nurfed-Chistmas-event%29

talizzar
12-13-2014, 12:58 PM
I killed about 50 mobs last night and got 3 of the packs and 2 of the decorations for the quest.

It would help to know how long you expect the players to work on a quest to get the goods to complete it.

At the current rate of drop It would take about another 6 hours of game time to get the drops...........A bit much.

Toy Fuzion
12-13-2014, 01:33 PM
I agree. Especially with many people planning holiday-themed events in-game, seems a bit extreme at such a late time to have a large grind on it. Players won't be able to enjoy the items by the time they grind them out, and it will also create another questing bottleneck as people rush the mobs trying to get their items -which admittedly goes against the spirit of Christmas, and lends to many players having an experience that's not as fun as it could be. If the event was started at the beginning of December, I could understand a bit more the grind, but not now.

ironicsilence
12-13-2014, 01:53 PM
ummm wheres the snow? Why is our regions event so different from the others? What happened to making all regions the same?

AcidSLiM
12-13-2014, 03:10 PM
The droprate is way to low.

Careby
12-13-2014, 03:54 PM
It has been my experience that enthusiasm for all things Christmas tends to fall off rather rapidly after Christmas day arrives. We are barraged with Christmas ads, sales, and events starting before Thanksgiving. Christmas events are coming to the game a couple of weeks late. Hopefully the timing will be a little better next year.

Zallnessa
12-13-2014, 03:55 PM
I have lost count on how many mobs I've killed and I have yet to see this snowman stuff and decorations for the tree. For a daily quest the drop rate is WAY too low. I have been working on this pretty much all day. There are other things I would want to do besides grinding mobs -.-

Zallnessa
12-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Is there a level requirement to get the decorations to drop? Like can a 50 get one from a lvl 10 mob?

Beast Salphira
12-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Is there a level requirement to get the decorations to drop? Like can a 50 get one from a lvl 10 mob?

I've had no issue getting the loot for a full tree and its decorations, 3 cone snowmen and a regular snow man. If the mob yields loot, it can drop what you need.

Zallnessa
12-13-2014, 05:54 PM
I must have rotten luck then lol >.< . I was able to get the 8 to finish the quest but nothing since then.

Zallnessa
12-13-2014, 07:14 PM
It seems the drop rate is misleading for the decorations. When I got the quest the first pack I got was off a level 10 Wild Lilyut horse. And was able to get the 8 needed in low lvl zones. After I turned in the quest I did not see anything event related until I made my way to Hellswamp. I just spent a little over an hour in there farming mobs and this is what dropped, 4 Frosty packed snow, 2 Festival Tree Decoration Pack, and 2 Snowcone packed snow.

This is a daily quest for the tree correct? Then the drop rate needs to be higher. On the live server I do not want to spend hours farming for the tree decorations and I shouldn't have too.

Beast Salphira
12-13-2014, 07:18 PM
I have lost count on how many mobs I've killed and I have yet to see this snowman stuff and decorations for the tree. For a daily quest the drop rate is WAY too low. I have been working on this pretty much all day. There are other things I would want to do besides grinding mobs -.-

It seems the drop rate is misleading for the decorations. When I got the quest the first pack I got was off a level 10 Wild Lilyut horse. And was able to get the 8 needed in low lvl zones. After I turned in the quest I did not see anything event related until I made my way to Hellswamp. I just spent a little over an hour in there farming mobs and this is what dropped, 4 Frosty packed snow, 2 Festival Tree Decoration Pack, and 2 Snowcone packed snow.

This is a daily quest for the tree correct? Then the drop rate needs to be higher. On the live server I do not want to spend hours farming for the tree decorations and I shouldn't have too.

:S Try 1 star mobs somewhere, that should help your cause. Maybe mobs in Rookborne will do you better.

Stonelotus
12-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Add me to the "decorations drop rate being horrible" list.

I don't believe level disparity has an effect on whether or not they drop.

Sessia
12-13-2014, 07:51 PM
:S Try 1 star mobs somewhere, that should help your cause. Maybe mobs in Rookborne will do you better.

I've gotten more christmas decorations and snow from low level mobs even as low as level 7 than 1 star mobs. I only got 1 decoration pack and that was from a lv 50 mob in auroria no star.

Zallnessa
12-13-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm still at 2 of the 4 needed to build the tree and the tree quest reset so i got it again, got the first quest item in hells then popped over to Lilyut and the first wild horse I hit I got a quest loot. So if you havent finished building the tree all you will get is the quest item until that is finished. It REALLY should not be this hard to finish a "fun" Christmas event :( . And the snowmen decorations are just a TAD bit easier to get, which all evening I was only able to get a complete set of 1.

Mukmuk
12-14-2014, 01:30 AM
In 3-4 hours of farming (low lvl mobs) i only complete the tree and got 1 item for the snowman (on a mob lvl40)...

I cant achieve to decorate the tree... MOAR GRIND PLZ §

Seems to me the drop are too low to enjoy this event... I have the tree (great lol),but i cant got anything from it and i've a half snow man from a 4h no brain farming. This event is just FRUSTRATION.

Frane2
12-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Everythings nice and butiful but is the statue in marianople intended to be in the christmas tree or is that a mistake

Nymie
12-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Drop rates - While I was getting the 8 for the quest it seemed like it was taking forever, but afterwards once I placed my own tree, I went to Windscour to farm non-elite mobs, and within 30 minutes I got 7 snow drops and 6 decoration packs.

Item Placement - I was curious, so I tested...and I was able to place my snowman on somebody else's private property which would essentially block that person from growing anything there...with the large quantity of trolls in this game I foresee this as being a HUGE problem.

talizzar
12-14-2014, 11:24 PM
The snowman and tree will block the planting on that plot. You should not be able to plop these down on other peoples property. Public land sure and your own. Also the snowmen have a timer on them as my unfinished ones disappeared. I would guess they have a 24 hour time on them..

Eloura
12-15-2014, 08:19 AM
I guess my main issue is the brightness of the area, especially in a desert where you don't usually find snow (Harani area). I've reduced the contrast brightness but it still is hard to keep to the road if necessary as you can't see it very well. If contrast is too dark, the avatars and npcs are really dark. The drop rates are low, but not unreasonable if you're just doing it as you quest.. so it doesn't become a grind fest.

SonicO021
12-15-2014, 03:58 PM
There is a quest and a event?... Where?

GailMacFade
12-17-2014, 02:57 AM
Drop rate is a bit punishing for a Christmas event. You don't want people to spend Christmas grinding.

Being able to place trees/snowmen on other poeple properties will cause huge amount of grief play.

Tinker
12-17-2014, 12:00 PM
I REALLY liked the snow, was kind of upset that is was taken away.... But not a huge deal. I also agree it was a bit more grinding than i would like seeing as it's so late in the month but still doable! Regardless was much more impressed with this event than i was with the hallowtide event. Hallowtide was a huge crappy joke! Also in patch notes a button in the bottom left hand corner was mentioned that we could click every so often and get stuff for a stocking..... I saw no such button. Did you not want us to test that ?

Antonuis
12-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Drop rate way to low guys - c'mon - it's Christmas...

the silver shadow
12-17-2014, 06:20 PM
i usually dont complain but: wheres the snow, the awesome costumes and cart skins, THE QUEST ITEMS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE QUEST TO GET THE TREE, and all the other cool stuff that the Koreans and Russians get. you cant seriously tell us that your idea of editing this game for western audiences is take away everything that makes this game fun and unique because it lacks realism or some other nonsense. ITS A GAME, A FANTASY ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BLOOMING REALISTIC. i mean the chances of getting the decoration quest items is already so low your looking at a February time frame before everyone gets these things. so please stop doing what almost every other western/american company is doing AND BRING IN THE FUN STUFF. dont be fun nazis and stop nerfing everything. just because the catchphrase "its nerf or nothing" is popular DOES NOT MEAN U HAVE TO FRICKIN LIVE BY IT AS IF ITS GOSPEL. :mad::confused::eek::mad::confused::eek:

Nazarian
12-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Found some issues:

Dim Daybreak (apparently a drop from the 30min gift packs) has a Korean Description
It's messed up that you cannot place trees/snowmen in Auroria. My house happens to be in Auroria so this is insanely annoying and I know I'm not going to be the only one extremely dissappointed with this.

I actually like the drop rates, I don't think this should be crazy easy to do. Work for it guys!

sarinda
12-17-2014, 07:15 PM
3 hours of farming mobs no décor packs no ty these events should be fun not a endless grind

codalafin
12-17-2014, 07:40 PM
I've gathered information where people have earned all of the items dropped by the mobs (the quest items, decoration packs, snowcone items, any of them you can name) off of nearly every level mob that exists. I've also ensured that the people I've gathered this intel from are level 50 or so. They were all level 50. And yet, despite their luck, I've had the torture of spending the entire night's time playing this game trying to collect these items. I've begun a killcount and it just keeps rising, so many mobs yet no item drop. I've earned over 60 noble's coinpurses too. There's so much wrong with this event. Scapes, if you want feedback, here's your feedback. It's all broken and I'm giving up.

Nazarian
12-17-2014, 07:46 PM
If you're not getting the drops you may need to accept the quest in your main town Marianople Growlgate and whatever the big town in the east is. The decoration (orangy) gifts and snow are very rare, if you only got 60 coin purses out of an "entire night" you haven't tried hard enough. From what I've seen; grinding low level mobs helps in quickly getting your Christmas tree. I don't know if there's any level restriction on the other drops though. They're not easy drops but doable none the less I got my tree + decorations and almost a full snow man in about an hour and a half of "grind"

sarinda
12-17-2014, 07:52 PM
this is supposed to be a fun event grinding isn't fun we could at least get a break from grinding when events happen its gets old all we do is grind for everything endlessly can we get a break from this crap for events at least

folek
12-17-2014, 08:17 PM
seriously 3 hours of farming mobs no décoration packs weel done

folek
12-17-2014, 08:19 PM
I really started to hate playing AA not good for the futur

Nochi
12-17-2014, 08:41 PM
The droprate is way to low.

I think its actually pretty high IMO, Farmed lvl50 mobs for 1.5 hours and im done with event..to easy, but fun :D
Got 132 jester purses ( so maybe 150 mobs it took to complete)

All n all...Good job on this patch Archeage !

(Play Drakensang Online, then tell me about your low droprate!)

ironicsilence
12-18-2014, 07:13 AM
I dont think the real issue is the drop rate, the issue is the rewards you get from the quest box....they suck...and are 100% not worth the amount of time it takes to grind out the decorations.

talizzar
12-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Comment: I just got the phonograph on the live server and cannot use it on my breezy bungalow. Also the tree you get from the quest cannot be placed anywhere around the bungalow either. It appears that nobody considered the bungalows when these items were made.