PDA

View Full Version : Directed Feedback: The Red Dragon (World Boss)

Scapes
12-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Adventurers,

Please share your feedback about the new Red Dragon world boss in this thread. While it may not affect build 4.16 before it goes live due to timing, XLGAMES is interested in hearing about your experiences with it for future builds.

For some backstory on this world boss, read this article (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/12/10/red-dragon/).

Thanks!

Blasting
12-12-2014, 09:51 PM
I wish to save this spot here, as I plan to head to red dragon as fast as my feet are able to carry me through west side country and into karasee ridgeland :).

Also, can we PLEASE not touch the Legendary Dragon Glider until it has been fully tested on the PTS so that there isn't any massive lash back from it :)?

Linkthehobo
12-12-2014, 11:34 PM
They normalized Kraken glider, sorry buddy. Also, maybe wait until more people are on tomorrow to awaken the Dragon? Many do not realize what exactly you have to do to get him.

Shinya
12-13-2014, 12:06 AM
You want to hear about Red Dragon but we can't even acquire a Dancing Goddess's Hunt to crack the egg.

Enahgy
12-13-2014, 12:57 AM
Its a nice looking egg.... thats about it considering we need 50k mining to get mats for it.

McFluff
12-13-2014, 02:24 AM
yall need to give us more labor pots, probably around 100 pots tbh, that would give us the mining prof we need to mine those pebbles. everything else better gear would help but this would be a nice way to test their difficulty, and how many people need to be in the raid.

then again a pts only vendor with all gear/gear grades would be nice.

Sintima
12-13-2014, 07:07 AM
DDO has a nice feature that allowed you to selectively select 1 or more characters that could be copied over to their Test server. Specifically, if certain class changes/features needed to be tested, or if new combat animations needed critiquing, or-- surprise- a certain class/skill/etc. was needed for the ability to test a new dungeon, boss, ability change.

Ollerus
12-13-2014, 07:20 AM
Yeah i'm not gonna do the 50k mining necessary to do it, someone might. But you guys really gotta start thinking things through.

Blakefire
12-13-2014, 09:51 AM
I posted this in the PTS forums, but this might be a better spot.

So after doing some research, and testing things my self, you need the Dancing Goddess Hunt. Seems simple enough. I went to some of the mobs needed, killed them a few times and it seem they do not drop the mats required to craft this item. So how do we even test the red dragon if we cant even farm the mats to craft the item to summon him? We also need Anya ingots, which requires 50k mining.... which is a little extreme to do in a TS.

AeonAuron
12-14-2014, 03:04 AM
It is impossible to make the dragon spawn so there is no need of testing it.

EziZurg
12-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Nothing changed from live servers besides the new patch and insta 50?

terrell
12-14-2014, 03:39 PM
@Scapes.
To be able to summon the Red Dragon we will need a smelting furnace as well as the 20K metalwork and have access to the quests to recieve the other items need for the Dancing Goddess's Hunt, (undrying blood, sharpened spine, and sea godesses breath)

Is there anyway we can get a GM to give a few people the 20k metal work needed and a few public smelting furnaces, as well as looking into the quests need for the items.
Thanks, Terrellw on PST western faction

ayounga
12-14-2014, 08:17 PM
as I know, there should be quest to get mats to make a Dancing Goddess's Hunt.

terrell
12-14-2014, 09:39 PM
yes there are 3 quests in karkasse to get the quest items but i cant start them. are there any prerequisite quests that have to be done.. bc these are the only quests i found pertaining to the red dragon

terrell
12-14-2014, 09:39 PM
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quests/category98/

Sessia
12-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Is there a prerequisite to the red dragon quests? According to that database the quest line starts with Delion in Iona, but I don't have an option for a quest from him.

Sessia
12-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Is there a prerequisite to the red dragon quests? According to that database the quest line starts with Delion in Iona, but I don't have an option for a quest from him.

To answer my own question you have to follow the Karkasse line of quests up to Iona and do the quests from Praus. After you investigate the polluted pool etc and find Elhorn in "The Energy's Effects quest you will turn in and learn about the Dragons. This starts the "The Brownscale Wrymkin" quest.

At the same time Delion's "Trace of the Arcane" quest will become available. Following this line of quests will give you all the materials to make the Dancing Goddess Hunt except for the 30 anya ingots.

Sessia
12-15-2014, 11:13 AM
To answer my own question you have to follow the Karkasse line of quests up to Iona and do the quests from Praus. After you investigate the polluted pool etc and find Elhorn in "The Energy's Effects quest you will turn in and learn about the Dragons. This starts the "The Brownscale Wrymkin" quest.

At the same time Delion's "Trace of the Arcane" quest will become available. Following this line of quests will give you all the materials to make the Dancing Goddess Hunt except for the 30 anya ingots.

Actually this quest doesnt seem connected to the other Goddess Hunt quests

Sessia
12-15-2014, 01:14 PM
I've done all the quests in Karkasse and I havn't been able to get the Goddess Hunt quests.

Hodorr
12-15-2014, 04:18 PM

Can you give us any additional details on this? We have the anya ingots and Sessia has been working hard to figure out how to get us closer to spawning the Dragon (even though the likelihood of pts defeating it is very slim) but so far no luck.

According to what I read on a Google translated Russian site, you need to find an NPC with the category [Evenbard] and buy a Mireyna's Dragon Hunt Journal (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/29236/). I think one NPC will show up randomly in one of three cities on each continent between game time 22:00 to 8:00.

The six NPCs are:

Yariz (Mahadevi) (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/npc/13041/)
Nirha (Lutesong Harbor) (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/npc/13125/)
Aragi (Ynystere) (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/npc/13126/)

Samiel (Crescent Throne) (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/npc/13064/)
Samion (Marianople) (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/npc/13127/)
Samunin (Sanddeep) (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/npc/13128/)

Amary
12-15-2014, 05:03 PM
For those hunting dragons, he's been summoned in Karkasse and spent a good chunk of the afternoon mercilessly roasting some valiant players. :)

My apologies for the repair bills. D:

zrg
12-15-2014, 09:03 PM
It's level 55 content. The adds do too much damage and have too much health even if you can wings vs the fire breath.

No one on NA/EU has killed Anthalon even, and he's much easier than this boss.

Serpentis is also 55 content, the only way it gets done is one of 3 ways: overgearing (delph weapons, celestial geared tanks thanks to box exploits), exploits (everyone in the game exploits the first boss to only pull 1, half of the trash rooms are skippable), and using more potions than the loot is worth.

He isn't meant to be released at this phase in the game, and no one will kill him without an exploit. The content is in the wrong order.

Even if he were killed, you run into the same problem as when Hasla weapons were out on release. The damage vastly outscales the armor. The dragon weapons are an entire tier of gear above delphinad and anyone who runs into one will die in a single combo. Hasla is epherium level, how many players have epherium armor sets? How many have hasla weapon? Easy access to powerful weapons wonked out the gear balance. In this case, there won't be armor in the game available to defend against someone with 800 atk.

Idontkno
12-15-2014, 09:16 PM
From what I saw earlier, Protective wings was not working 100% as it should, the dragon was killing everyone even with wings up.

Kerpal
12-15-2014, 09:55 PM
It's level 55 content. The adds do too much damage and have too much health even if you can wings vs the fire breath.

Serpentis is also 55 content, the only way it gets done is one of 3 ways: overgearing (delph weapons, celestial geared tanks thanks to box exploits), exploits (everyone in the game exploits the first boss to only pull 1, half of the trash rooms are skippable), and using more potions than the loot is worth.

He isn't meant to be released at this phase in the game, and no one will kill him without an exploit. The content is in the wrong order.

Even if he were killed, you run into the same problem as when Hasla weapons were out on release. The damage vastly outscales the armor. The dragon weapons are an entire tier of gear above delphinad and anyone who runs into one will die in a single combo. Hasla is epherium level, how many players have epherium armor sets? How many have hasla weapon? Easy access to powerful weapons wonked out the gear balance. In this case, there won't be armor in the game available to defend against someone with 800 atk.

10/10 Post there.
The People who are deciding these Updates did not play the Game longer than to the charakter creation.

Tammuz
12-16-2014, 07:23 AM

this pretty much hits the nail on the head, 9/10 post (celestial geared tank could just be a whale)

but agree with ESPECIALLY the last paragraph... i hope for the games sake he remains unkilled for now: ayanad weapon drops from a world boss are not a good idea at this stage of the game!

if your looking to improve the game you should consider doing 2 things:

1) enable server character transfers
2) release 1.7 with library and level 55 ASAP! this saved the game in korea!

Ezenkrul87
12-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Yeah no crap. This has been going on this day one of Trion's release of Archeage. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing except when it is an attempt to get money from people. They are mostly fitting the game to their agenda as much as they can and releasing content as if its new and exciting when in reality its not.

They really need to release 1.7 or at least the Library content. It is like talking to a brick wall. Just go play Black Desert in Korean, even if you cannot understand it, its already better.

Tammuz
12-16-2014, 07:40 PM
honestly though its for the best that he ISNT killable right now and hopefully he remains unkilled until 55 content and library are out ... ayanad weapons shouldnt be farmable at this point in the game WITH GOOD REASON!

Hodorr
12-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Maybe this can help:
Killing the Red Dragon (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?143806-Killing-the-Red-Dragon)