PDA

View Full Version : why should i pay to be a patron if i cannot find any land?

andyscasa
12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
i have a 16x16 plot in my inventory for about 3 weeks now and there is NO land to put it! I asked this question in chat and, besides the ignorant people, most said to buy a plot. Why should i buy it when i have one?

Trion wants patrons to make money, but why should we spend money? the biggest reason to be a patron is to be a land owner

So TRION, Patrons get a 16x16 plot, make space available for everybody and some players have 4 or more plots limit them!

im not going to resub till space is available for everybody

Amused Observer
12-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Land is meant to be scarce, and if not having a 16x16 is a deal breaker for you personally, then you shouldn't resub until you find a plot.

Rvyne
12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
then goodbye... if you want guaranteed space play like farmville you'll get immediately a farm... problem with you people you don't do some checking everyday some houses/farm being demolish out there specially in pvp zone... yet alone you have auroria now its not even worth 1 silver so sell those things in that place so its pretty darn cheap.

Of course if you want convenient you have to pay for it.. If you people serious about owning a plot for free do some checking if you keep posting here without even trying to get for urself then its your problem its not games fault. What's with this whining... I can get plot atleast 2 a day if I really want it. So stop whining.. try harder.

andyscasa
12-12-2014, 08:47 PM
if that is the case then land ownership should be for free to play people also, basically a free-for-all land grab. The #1 reason to be a patron is to own land.

Harlox
12-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Give me 35 Gold for the appraisal ♥♥♥♥ and I will give you my 16x16. Its useless. I got it for no reason.

Arenzeb server same name. Message me in-game. Land is useless

Aerendyl
12-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Who knows why people pay anymore? Trion hasn't delivered any form of customer service and expect everyone to shut up an pay. Bots control the land market it's a fact of life. Now the sea that's my home now, fishing is what I do all day erday.

scarlett
12-12-2014, 08:53 PM
if that is the case then land ownership should be for free to play people also, basically a free-for-all land grab. The #1 reason to be a patron is to own land.

So own land. This is a choice you are making. You were told as a patron that you had the ability to own land. No one told you that by being a patron you would receive FREE land.

I now have five plots. an 8x8, two 16x16's and two aquafarms. I bought all five from other players. I bought each one from the profits I made off the ones before and bought the first one from running trade packs. You can do like I did or you can whine and pitch a fit. The choice is yours.

andyscasa
12-12-2014, 08:57 PM
there are two reasons to play this game, one is to PvP and the other is to farm and trade for gold. i for one do not want to do both at the same time and im sure there are a lot mor people like me.

andyscasa
12-12-2014, 09:02 PM
so why do you have 2 16's and i don't have any? i have one in my inventory but i cant use it. i paid to play and that does not sound very fair.

Rvyne
12-12-2014, 09:07 PM
honestly I have 7 farms + 1 marine house in Lucius and 4 farms + 1 house in Inoch... and 2 accounts to divide those properties to pay less taxes.

I did say I can get 2 plots a day if I wanted too..just like I said you need to work for it game won't give you this space you need to find it for yourselves or buy it to someone elses. I honestly bought only 3 properties the rest is from demolish houses/farms.

scarlett
12-12-2014, 09:21 PM
so why do you have 2 16's and i don't have any? i have one in my inventory but i cant use it. i paid to play and that does not sound very fair.

Perhaps I can help you understand.

Like you I ran the quest to get a 16x16 farm design.
Like you I realized that there was no "free" unused land. I had to do something about it.

I ran trade packs, and saved up 400 gold. I bought a 16x16 plot from a player that was selling his.

I used the gold I earned from that to buy a 16x16 cottage from another player for 700 gold, tore that down and put up the design I got from the quest.

That is how I have two. I WORKED for it and EARNED it. I dont see how you think it is not fair. All you are doing is whining about it. Go WORK for what you WANT

Astrothunderkat
12-12-2014, 09:41 PM
What server? I find land all the time, it's everywhere...

Blapp
12-12-2014, 09:55 PM
How exactly does buying land from another player work anyway? I've been wanting to but too scared to jump right into it and make a mistake and haven't really searched up any information about the processs

Rvyne
12-12-2014, 10:06 PM
ya same here.. I started with 8x8 last time.. you have 2 option on buying.. buying with appraisal or just plot he demolish it for you and you pay..

if you're just buying plot its a bit risky but I normally buy through friends, guild mate or to those people in reputable guilds or names that isn't in scam list.

So I suggest join a guild and ask around maybe you could get cheaper deal; last time I even give away my spot just because my guildmate wanted it badly without any cost.

Blapp
12-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Where does appraisal come into play? Also how does the player sell me the land legitimately? How does that process work and once it's done is that land absolutely mine to do with what I please or is it still technically in their name and they have control over it and I'm just kinda renting?

Rvyne
12-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Where does appraisal come into play? Also how does the player sell me the land legitimately? How does that process work and once it's done is that land absolutely mine to do with what I please or is it still technically in their name and they have control over it and I'm just kinda renting?

when you negotiate... owner can set their house/farm for sale (set prices + appraisal cert) that's the only way they can sell you properties safe.... or they can demolish it and you place your farm/house design..

they cant sell any house/farm with appraisal if its not complete too.

Blapp
12-12-2014, 10:15 PM
So when you use an appraisal does it bring up a trade screen of sorts? And are there any known exploits with it where you can get screwed? And is only currency tax certs?

Angelight85
12-12-2014, 10:16 PM
I have 2 8x8's took me 2 months subbed to get those then 2 weeks later got a Aquafarm both for free from demo's and from the garden and aquafarm I have been working them to earn the gold I need to by my first 16x16 which will get my farm then I will save up again and buy my second 16x16 for my house or save up a ton more to get a manor as they look a lot more useful for doing up.

Rvyne
12-12-2014, 10:18 PM
So when you use an appraisal does it bring up a trade screen of sorts? And are there any known exploits with it where you can get screwed? And is only currency tax certs?

no.. the land is set for sale.. you can just right click on it and buy it from there.. you dont need to trade anything to the seller..

unless you choose option #2 which is the seller demolish it for you and you place your farm then you trade them the gold but its risky coz normally seller want to get paid first.

pretty much done of what @Angelight85 starts and alternatively you can really check those expiring properties... I started making golds through 8x8 honestly now I have fishing boat, hauler, marine house and 7 farms.

you can fill single 8x8 with chickens and collect eggs.. plant few barleys illegally since its cheap no one would care just dont plant bunch of it just enough to feed ur chicken

you can also do experiment as I did plant illegal trees huehuehue.. I have done it for 2-3 weeks at few weeks starts on the game.. their is this castle near halcyona I jump into it place trees all over the place near all those Mobs.. lumbers/logs sell well til someone elses uprooted it but I already earn so much gold to move on buying few more farms..

Fargrist
12-12-2014, 10:46 PM
i have a 16x16 plot in my inventory for about 3 weeks now and there is NO land to put it! I asked this question in chat and, besides the ignorant people, most said to buy a plot. Why should i buy it when i have one?

Trion wants patrons to make money, but why should we spend money? the biggest reason to be a patron is to be a land owner

So TRION, Patrons get a 16x16 plot, make space available for everybody and some players have 4 or more plots limit them!

TRION has badly mishandled houses and land in general. They saw it as a way to have players buy APEX to sell for gold so they could buy a piece of land from the land hacking cheating bastards that have hoarded all the land. Currently about 10% of players have 100% of all land.

Which is a recipe for ArcheAge's disaster. Because MMO's are social networks, if you allow players to make money out of shutting your MMO down then your MMO will shut down.

It's too late, Trion doesn't even talk about the issue, and they should have acted by now, unfortunately customers have acted. Especially those with links to game review sites.

At the end of the day the design means players want other players to leave ArcheAge, so they can get land.

Blindly stupid design, which Trion is paying for.

Mayestic
12-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Most important question now is on wich server are you playing andyscasa ?
On my server (EU Eanna) the chat is full with player who want to sell land very cheap.
For example, i got it in the chat at this time i type this, Savanna North 16x16 spot (without house) for 100g.
Its a risk to get scammed but i would try it if i had no land.
So tell us where you play. I would like to see that server where noone want to sell land.

And at last. We will get more land from time to time.
If you would check the AA-worldmap from Korea/Russia you notice that they have much more land.
For example Auroria. If iam right we dont have only 4 castles on Auroria to claim, we have 16.
Same with our faction based homelands. On east and west we have a lot land we cant enter, its greyed out. In Korea these "hidden" zones are open.

The one and only problem that you can get is that a lot player want to leave the pvp-zones and join the pve zones to build houses or farms. So prepare yourself that the most cheapest farms are in pvp zones where you get ganked the whole day and night long and noone cares about you if this happend because this is an open-pvp-game.

But the most important question again.

WHAT SERVER DO YOU PLAY WHERE YOU CANT FIND ANY LAND TO BUY OR GRAB? :cool:

TRION has badly mishandled houses and land in general. They saw it as a way to have players buy APEX to sell for gold so they could buy a piece of land from the land hacking cheating bastards that have hoarded all the land. Currently about 10% of players have 100% of all land.

Which is a recipe for ArcheAge's disaster. Because MMO's are social networks, if you allow players to make money out of shutting your MMO down then your MMO will shut down.

I cant agree 100%. Yes, of course these landgrabbers sucks a bit. But on our server they are very friendly. I can buy full build 16x16 houses or 24x24 farms for a very low ammount of gold. Its very easy to buy from them and the most of them trade with certifs too. A few days ago i payed 699 Gold for an placed and build 16x16 house in Falcorth Plains next to the workbench in Oxion Clan. This Landgrabber is serverknown and we have ~10 of them, more or less. I asked him for the price, he/she told me 699G, i accept and he used his own certifs to sell this house to my charakter. That was an perfect service for me because i bought some land from other player in past and we had many discussions about the part with the certifs including a lot of scamming and Trion would not help you if you got scammed.

For me, some of these "landgrabbing basterds" are much more social like a lot other player on my server who want to sell land.

Bacause of the fact that Trion cant fight them, i have to accept it or ignore them and get less land. Sorry but i will buy land from landgrabbers in future too if i want this land. Its equal for me who sells it and how he got it. It looks very realistic for me, like in the real world *laughs*

Gobblepuff
12-13-2014, 12:05 AM

Then don't? No one's forcing you to get patron.

Btw plenty of land opening up on the EU servers since they have a high turnover rate.

Feral
12-13-2014, 12:11 AM
its not that hard to find a plot for free, if you were really vigilant about it, could get one in less than a day.. I only pay attention to the demolitions in one zone, and theres going to be at least 3 within the next 3 days

Hajou
12-13-2014, 12:35 AM
Perhaps I can help you understand.

Like you I ran the quest to get a 16x16 farm design.
Like you I realized that there was no "free" unused land. I had to do something about it.

I ran trade packs, and saved up 400 gold. I bought a 16x16 plot from a player that was selling his.

I used the gold I earned from that to buy a 16x16 cottage from another player for 700 gold, tore that down and put up the design I got from the quest.

That is how I have two. I WORKED for it and EARNED it. I dont see how you think it is not fair. All you are doing is whining about it. Go WORK for what you WANT

Quoted for truth.

When you buy patron, you are not paying for FREE land. You're paying for the right to obtain land.

You'll have to either buy property, or be vigilant and look for someone else's that is demolishing and place yours then.

If you can't manage to grab an empty spot (which varies on location/time/luck... still very doable though depending on the situation though), buying property is the way to go. Saving up to buy land is really not hard whatsoever... do some trade runs, save up some gold, look for someone selling in the location that you want.

Boom.

Gumball
12-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Who knows why people pay anymore? Trion hasn't delivered any form of customer service and expect everyone to shut up an pay. Bots control the land market it's a fact of life. Now the sea that's my home now, fishing is what I do all day erday.

+1
/10char

Morpayne
12-13-2014, 12:43 AM
there are two reasons to play this game, one is to PvP and the other is to farm and trade for gold. i for one do not want to do both at the same time and im sure there are a lot mor people like me.

I don't even have time to do both tbh, both are pretty time consuming so it's like you gotta pick one...I don't have 25 hours a day to play.

Mayestic
12-13-2014, 12:50 AM
I don't even have time to do both tbh, both are pretty time consuming so it's like you gotta pick one...I don't have 25 hours a day to play.

OMG you are funny.
You dont need to check every fking house or farm on the whole AA-world.
Only a few of them.
I check out silent forest all few days. There is not a lot space to place 16x16 houses or farms.
Only the one very small spot in north. Maybe you can place 40 or 50 16x16 there.
That dont take houndreds of hours each day.
It need 7 days to be sure that a house/farm dont got payed and running out.
Its enough to check a few farms/houses once a week.
If you dont have the time to run arround 1-2 hours once a week i dont know why you want to own land.
You cant manage this land, set the seeds one bye one or plant trees, chop/harvest them.
You need a lot of time to play farmville in AA.

If you dont have the time to play AA, dont play it. Its so easy. Join another game that is easier to handle with your very limited time.

Zan
12-13-2014, 12:54 AM
Here's what you do: you save money and buy land from a hacker.

Tenki
12-13-2014, 12:55 AM
On Inoch, you can find Windscour land selling for 75-150g, if not just being given away.
I owned an 8x8 scarecrow for a while, and got my first 16x16 by buying it from another player. Since then, I've either found, been given, or bought land from other players.

Also @ OP: You might not always be able to 'find' land (more like demolition plots).

Gingerbrooke
12-13-2014, 01:25 AM
I totally agree. I spent hours looking for a 24X24 piece of land. I just cancelled my patron status. Ill keep looking and if I find something I will go back to being a patron. I WILL NOT pay GOLD for land sense the first person that settled on it only paid taxes for it.

detheler
12-13-2014, 01:31 AM
If you can't find land, u aren't trying hard enough. Three days ago, I went broke as I had got my patron for the first time. On the same day, I managed to get an 8x8 for free(Saw 2-3 in fact). Then, by the same time next day, I got a 16x16 farm on a pumpkin patch AND a free pack on it for 70g(with appraisal). This is because I searched a lot. Asked Questions. Put in effort. Now, Im hunting for a 24x24. Sure ill find one soon.

junweizhu
12-13-2014, 01:32 AM
I say land is only good if you plan on leveling gathering, farming, logging or husbandry. If not then you might as well just buy the materials in ah and sell the products you make if they make more profit. Lately I've been able to get lots of items in the wild, I wonder if I even need land if I wasn't growing trees or animals.

Jcdew67
12-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Sadly owning land in AA IS LIKE playing Farmville. You are a fool to be paying for this game when you can do just fine as ftp. Personally I am surprised they let you own more than one property of each but when a company like this only wants money anything is possible.

But most online games that let you own land still require you to look around,if you must have land then that is what you are going to have to do.

lisa
12-13-2014, 03:43 AM
You will make gold faster as a patron, then can buy your land with the gold. You can still buy your land as a free player, but it will just take a longer time to make the gold.

Hydro Canuck
12-13-2014, 04:25 AM
I pay for patron, solely for the offline labour regen. When I want land, I'll buy a plot of land.

Craggle
12-13-2014, 04:53 AM
I pay for patron, solely for the offline labour regen. When I want land, I'll buy a plot of land.

Labor regen still sux with Patron imo! I used around 4500 doing the fishing quests and chopping some logs with didnt take all that long and ive been stuck around 500 since!

sux balls. As does trying to a plot for my 16x16. As a new player and patron even my gold has stuck around 60 :P .. 4-6 gold per trade run with 22hr wait sux balls. Trying to fish without a proper boat has seen me waist like 6 hours and only come across 2 Tuna schools. Sux balls.

I probably made a huge mistake subbing from day 1 in game :P

Abishai
12-13-2014, 05:03 AM

You don't have a 'plot' as you call it. You have a farm which you can place on land. You need to find free land either by finding some yourself or buying it from an existing land holder.

There's nothing wrong with that, that's how games like this work. If you had played Ultima Online in the past (or any game like it) you'd be aware of how these things work. There's nothing wrong with buying land from another player. You need to work for the things you wish to achieve.

There is free land on most servers in PvP zones and Auroria. If you want land in a safe zone, you'll have to purchase it from someone else or go around finding demolition sites.

If you don't want to do these things, then find another game. This game doesn't give you anything for free - you have to work for it. If everyone could get land whenever they wanted - land would become worthless and the concept of trading property, houses and land would simply not work.

Long story short - the people who spoke to you were not the ignorant ones.

Hydro Canuck
12-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Labor regen still sux with Patron imo! I used around 4500 doing the fishing quests and chopping some logs with didnt take all that long and ive been stuck around 500 since!

sux balls. As does trying to a plot for my 16x16. As a new player and patron even my gold has stuck around 60 :P .. 4-6 gold per trade run with 22hr wait sux balls. Trying to fish without a proper boat has seen me waist like 6 hours and only come across 2 Tuna schools. Sux balls.

I probably made a huge mistake subbing from day 1 in game :P

Or maybe you should spend some time away from your computer....

Yed
12-13-2014, 05:33 AM
For ♥♥♥♥s sake, this again. Land isn't expensive anymore. I started out with nothing because headstart was a fail, I only had my donkey, now I have 2 8x8 and 1 16x16. How did I get this? I invested time and energy in it, gathered up some gold and bought my first real land. How did I get the gold for that first piece of land? I used the Temporary Scarecrow Garden for a week, more than enough time to gather up gold to buy an 8x8 plot, I quickly expanded to a second 8x8 plot, now I have a 16x16 and soon I'll be expanding to a second 16x16. Nothing will be done about the cheaters who use landgrab hacks, nothing will be done about land barons, just accept this and start thinking with your brain, make gold and BUY your land. Get a Farm Cart asap, it's ridiculously cheap now, I made mine back when a TS log was 300g+ and the price of an 8x8 and 16x16 has gone down by a lot, especially in Auroria. The "Land issue" is becoming old and boring now, if you don't know how to make gold to buy land, that is on you, not Trion, not XLGames.

Also, I have NEVER spend a single cent more than my Silver Founders Pack, my patronage is paid by gold (APEX). You should just quit the game because YOU are the ignorant player.

Kai Argentium
12-13-2014, 05:43 AM
Actually right now ( On dahuta anyway ) things seem to be getting much better as far as housing is concerned. Last night I managed to get a 16x16 next to my 16x16 farm without anyone contesting it and no hackers! The day before that my friend managed to put down a 24x24 both in lilyut.

There are houses going down all the time now just keep your eyes peeled :)

Keksarkany
12-13-2014, 05:51 AM
Try in auroria. On server aier in europe there s a plenty 16x16 free maybe even 24x24

NonBritGit
12-13-2014, 06:32 AM
I love how everyone with 8, 10+ plots are the ones to race in here and tell OP to blow off or buy from a scalper.

People are completely disregarding that the game gives you a quested 16x16 farm to place. All people are asking for is what they paid Trion for. Sure, land is a commodity, but what of the quested-for 16x16s that are laying in everyone's inventory?

You're all saying that it's ok to pay full price for a game ticket, but then be faced with a thug at the gates demanding 100 times the ticket price to get in. Please.

ZadiraAA
12-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Yes, it is very interesting how the people who have land are so quick to come on the forums and call people names and make people feel foolish.

There are a lot of variables in this game and one of them is that, if you are able to get land or not, has a lot to do with which server you are on. If you were unlucky and happened to choose Ollo, then you are out of luck. The only way to get land on Ollo is to pay triple the price for a piece of land. It takes a long time to make anywhere from 1100 gold to 2400 gold.

The land snipers have little tools they use to scan the server for plots about to be demoed. They then use another tool to snipe up that land before the 20 to 30 people standing around are able to get it. The sniper then sells that land to the land barons who have tons of land and lots of gold to spend. The sniper then sells his gold to people for real money.

I don't particularly want to give Trion my $14.99 a month to be a part of that.

I know they are testing something new to try to prevent this kind of thing but until I see proof that it works, I will not play ArcheAge.

Switchfeathers
12-13-2014, 08:37 AM
Land is meant to be scarce.

No, it isn't.

Look at the Korean version of the game: Players are much more fair and even about how they distribute land. As I understand it, land hogging (people placing their land plots in such a way that a simple 16x16 ends up blocking anybody else from placing land) and land baroning are practically nonexistant there.

Plenty of players have land, and there's a fair amount of space free even with that. Because people on the Korean servers aren't complete dickwipes who purposely ruin other people's enjoyment for a handful of golden pixels.

The difference is that people on the NA and EU clients are a bunch of selfish ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s with zero consideration for fellow players. The game's set up with the assumption that its players aren't going to be detestable ♥♥♥♥heads, but because the AA playerbase is apparently made up of spoilt 12 year olds, we have a tiny portion of the users hogging the majority of the land.

Cause gotta get them shiny golden pixels, amirite?

Hellbinder
12-13-2014, 08:44 AM

Uh i found a place for my 16x16. In fact i found 2 places. Ive been playing the game for 6 weeks and have a house a 16x16 and a couple of 8x8s with alts. How can anyone complain about that? I got my house spot in gweo from my guild leader for 2 apex and a work comp. You just got to get into a guild and interact with people.

Switchfeathers
12-13-2014, 08:51 AM
I got my house spot in gweo from my guild leader for 2 apex and a work comp. You just got to get into a guild and interact with people.

So you basically spent anywhere between 250 gold and 550 gold on a single 16x16. From your own guild leader.

Land is supposed to be abundant enough that you don't have to spend half a ♥♥♥♥ing endgame weapon's worth of gold just to put down the smallest ♥♥♥♥ing house.

People don't seem to be getting that: The Blue Salt quests, for instance, and many others, operate under the assumption that you at least have a 16x16 farm. Because there should be enough space somewhere for at least that.

But nope, can't have other people enjoying the game! gotta hog all that land up and sell it at absurd prices.

Siobhan
12-13-2014, 08:55 AM
@ the OP:

Other reasons to have Patron status include:

1. More labor.
2. Better regeration of labor.
3. If you happen to find that perfect spot for your farm, you CAN place it. If you give up your patron status, you won't be able to.

Yes, land is the #1 reason to be a patron, but if you're not a patron, and you continue to play, there will be a 0% chance you will get land...ever

scarlett
12-13-2014, 08:59 AM
I totally agree. I spent hours looking for a 24X24 piece of land. I just cancelled my patron status. Ill keep looking and if I find something I will go back to being a patron. I WILL NOT pay GOLD for land sense the first person that settled on it only paid taxes for it.

So, In RL are you living in a cardboard box? Go back far enough in history and any piece of land anywhere was first settled by someone who got it for just taxes (or a filing fee, or NOTHING).

In my state, you only have to go back about 200 years and there was land the government (that existed then) was giving land away for nothing just to get people to settle. Now I had to pay big $$$ for a tiny piece of that.

Damn it, I am NOT buying a house until someone gives me MY free land. If they had it 200 years ago, I want mine NOW

Foomanchu
12-13-2014, 09:00 AM

you get patron for the labor regen

land is overrated anyways

scarlett
12-13-2014, 09:16 AM
the game gives you a quested 16x16 farm to place. All people are asking for is what they paid Trion for. Sure, land is a commodity, but what of the quested-for 16x16s that are laying in everyone's inventory?

You're all saying that it's ok to pay full price for a game ticket, but then be faced with a thug at the gates demanding 100 times the ticket price to get in. Please.

I like your analogy, buy you have it wrong. the farm design is generated into the game by quest. you can only get one. What you do with it is up to you. I bought one from a player that did not want it.

Patron gives you the ABILITY to own land. At no point were you told that patron status CAME WITH LAND.

Where I live you have to be a citizen to own land. As a citizen, I CAN own properity. However, no one from the government is going to come along and give me deed to a lot. If I want to own land, I have to BUY it

Hellbinder
12-13-2014, 09:33 AM
So you basically spent anywhere between 250 gold and 550 gold on a single 16x16. From your own guild leader.

Land is supposed to be abundant enough that you don't have to spend half a ♥♥♥♥ing endgame weapon's worth of gold just to put down the smallest ♥♥♥♥ing house.

People don't seem to be getting that: The Blue Salt quests, for instance, and many others, operate under the assumption that you at least have a 16x16 farm. Because there should be enough space somewhere for at least that.

But nope, can't have other people enjoying the game! gotta hog all that land up and sell it at absurd prices.

no apex was 110 at that time. I got a 16x16 in a prime spot for 2 apex @ 110 and a work comp and he gave me about 20 gold back or something. it was a good deal.

oh and I saw an endgame weapon this week on the AH, it was listed at 4600 gold I think. And it was Saweeet!

Baron Spank
12-13-2014, 09:40 AM
In Janudar you still can get land prety easily. There is plenty of good spots in Auroria, and if you are patient you can get something prety much anywhere without having to pay for it, or at a reasonable price.

Last week I found a spot for a 16X16 in Gweonid in two days, and the same day i put a house on an island, the one in the middle, don't know the name in english. Two days latter another 16X16 on same island.

I have not heared of land hackers on this server.

Hellbinder
12-13-2014, 09:41 AM
I like your analogy, buy you have it wrong. the farm design is generated into the game by quest. you can only get one. What you do with it is up to you. I bought one from a player that did not want it.

Patron gives you the ABILITY to own land. At no point were you told that patron status CAME WITH LAND.

Where I live you have to be a citizen to own land. As a citizen, I CAN own properity. However, no one from the government is going to come along and give me deed to a lot. If I want to own land, I have to BUY it

I think Obama and the Democrats might disagree with you on that. (j/k) (ps not a republican it was just a joke)

Meya
12-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Other reasons to be patron btw, land is more of a pain in the ♥♥♥ then a benefit. LP regen and loyalty points are a good benefit but if you're wanting land, this isn't the game for you.

Meya
12-13-2014, 09:44 AM
So, In RL are you living in a cardboard box? Go back far enough in history and any piece of land anywhere was first settled by someone who got it for just taxes (or a filing fee, or NOTHING).

In my state, you only have to go back about 200 years and there was land the government (that existed then) was giving land away for nothing just to get people to settle. Now I had to pay big $$$ for a tiny piece of that.

Damn it, I am NOT buying a house until someone gives me MY free land. If they had it 200 years ago, I want mine NOW

Difference is, that's Earth, and this is a digital world there is no limit to the expansion of the planet in this game, besides data size maybe.
Earth you can't add more dirt, unless you want to build your own island or claim an astroid in space. :P There is a problem when using reality vs video game. It does not work.

Also Alaska still gives away land to homesteaders through the homesteading act of whatever it was.

Hellbinder
12-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Other reasons to be patron btw, land is more of a pain in the ♥♥♥ then a benefit. LP regen and loyalty points are a good benefit but if you're wanting land, this isn't the game for you.

huh? I need to find my forehead from that other thread and put it back on so I can smack it.

mark007
12-13-2014, 10:09 AM
I only plant and build pens to level all my character classes to 50, but to tell you the truth it does not generate much gold. you are also losing money with taxes per week especially if its on auroria +50% tax. I have 3 land generate about 80 gold per week minus taxes. I don't use labor pots. That 80 gold is enough for 1 apex in 1 month about 250 gold per apex in my server inoch not enough for patron sub. been trying to sell my land hope someone stupid buys lol

Kaosfury
12-13-2014, 10:11 AM
If you cannot find land, your not trying hard enough

Maleficium
12-13-2014, 10:31 AM
These threads grow tiresome. In the first and only 30 days I subbed I managed to acquire through casually gaming;

3 Apex, a farm cart, a 16x16 scarecrow farm, a 16x16 house with 2 adjacent 8x8's. How are you able to be a patron but not even have enough $$$ for a plot?

Moccoo
12-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Labor=gold

not

land=gold

Land does open more roads in turning your labor in to gold, but the majority of farming related activities the labor/gold ratio is not that great.

You pay for patron for the labor regen

scarlett
12-13-2014, 11:07 AM
this is a digital world there is no limit to the expansion of the planet in this game, besides data size maybe.

Just because you CAN expand the game world nearly without limit, does not mean you SHOULD.

Lets say XL/TRION expanded housing areas and guaranteed every patron three 16x16 farms. Those farms would produce enormous quantities of materials that would crash the market on all those items. The very low cost of mats would then crash the prices of crafted items that use those materials.

Severely depressed prices on materials would then make it a poor use of labor to plant and grow crops. Most people would then move on to more profitable ways to spend labor.

End result: Thousands of unused farms and lots more grumbling. Hell walk thru Ollo and you can see this already happening to some degree

Dull
12-13-2014, 11:29 AM

Life isn't fair princess. Either suck it up and do what everyone else has done to get land (make gold and earn it) or stfu and move onto some carebear game that will hold your little princess hands the whole way.

sterob
12-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Life isn't fair princess. Either suck it up and do what everyone else has done to get land (make gold and earn it) or stfu and move onto some carebear game that will hold your little princess hands the whole way.
life isn't fair so let just make a world exactly like that where you the creator have absolute control over it. stfu and get back to your ghetto where selfish prick like you can feel gansta while stealing people money.

MagnumMack
12-13-2014, 12:05 PM
I spent a few days actually checking for land drops and ended up getting 3 properties total. I flipped two and kept a beachhouse that I actually wanted from the very start at game launch.

Put in effort and you get returns. That's the basic concept of this game. You pay in labor, gold, real money AND/OR effort.

That last one is the most important.

Dull
12-13-2014, 12:08 PM
life isn't fair so let just make a world exactly like that where you the creator have absolute control over it. stfu and get back to your ghetto where selfish prick like you can feel gansta while stealing people money.

Awwww poor little baby is upset he can't figure out how to get land. Are you the same in real life? A giant loser who just complains about what he doesn't have and chooses not to do anything about it? /cry Looooooooooser

EcoPanda
12-13-2014, 12:24 PM
No the biggest reason to get patron is for the labor. If you have played Archeage without patron before then you will see that you won't even give a dam about land and would struggle to get enough labor to do anything.

Think about it. You get 5 labor per 5min offline.
If there wasn't a cap that alone adds to 43200 labor which would be about 43 worker compensation.
Times that by how much compensation cost ingame, which is about 28g, and you get a total of 1204g worth of labor, so there is no excuse that you are not able to get any land at all if you really put it at top priority.

Qqu
12-13-2014, 12:53 PM
I spent a few days actually checking for land drops and ended up getting 3 properties total. I flipped two and kept a beachhouse that I actually wanted from the very start at game launch.

Put in effort and you get returns. That's the basic concept of this game. You pay in labor, gold, real money AND/OR effort.

That last one is the most important.

Maybe on your server. I look for land on my server, find properties I am interested in, show up at the demo time along with 8 other people and BOOM! A land hacker who wasn't even there gets it. Yesterday, the same guy got the 6 properties I was looking at.

I don't blame them either, Scapes and company don't care so why worry about being banned. Even if they did care, by the time they investigated the complaint the property is long sold and gold moved to a safe account.

They need to either change the way land is obtained or limit 1 of each plot size per account

jaydefire
12-13-2014, 01:01 PM

did u not read his post...he bought it from other players

overpowered
12-13-2014, 01:27 PM

Cause life aint fair fgt
You spent $15 big ♥♥♥♥in deal so did everyone else + more
Stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing and take more testosterone

Uncle Bob
12-13-2014, 01:30 PM

Sadly, many others are quitting or have already quit due to this issue. Others have quit and/or cancelled patron due to the declining numbers that has resulted from the Land Hackers. Then others have quit because these people have quit. It is a snowball effect.

No, they are not skilled land grabbers with good ping. The main problem is hackers.

The Land Hackers will eventually put themselves out of business. There will be no one to buy the properties, they all left the game. Hopefully Trion and XL will make a change before this happens. Catch 22 thing. The only solution is to redo the way land is acquired AND make more places available for land. Not open the whole world up for land plots, just make a few more places available.

This is really not a hard thing to do. The relationship between players and gold sellers in Korea is different than it is here. What works there will not work here, never will IMO.

mistermacho
12-13-2014, 01:52 PM
so why do you have 2 16's and i don't have any?

Oh, I can answer that question. That is because you are re-tar-ded. :)

Gingerbrooke
12-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Biggest problem with buying land from another player is their is no guarantee that they will give it to you after you pay them for it. Nothing stopping a player from taking the gold for land then logging out without giving it to buyer.

Siobhan
12-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Biggest problem with buying land from another player is their is no guarantee that they will give it to you after you pay them for it. Nothing stopping a player from taking the gold for land then logging out without giving it to buyer.

...and this is why one of my personal soapboxes...

If you want to buy land, make the seller use appraisal certs and sell it legitimately. If people buy and sell as they should, then there is no reason to pay OMG$$$ prices that the hackers want.

In order to facilitate this, Trion really needs to put the appraisal certs on an NPC in-game and DRASTICALLY reduce the price and/or requirements to sell. With the few certificate-based sales I see out there, they couldn't lose that much money

Zengiar
12-14-2014, 04:00 PM

Don't know if you are trolling or not but... http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/28085/

Sucuri
12-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Let me guess, another thread full of people who spend maybe 5 minutes looking for land, give up, race to the forums and rage post.... Been playing this game from launch, still slowly building up land. THERE IS LAND EXPIRING ALL OVER THE PLACE EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!! Frak get out of the PvE zones you can have all the free land you want, no one wants that PvP land, there is even more empty space all over the north....

Hell you want to really screw people over, get the shadow tree, get it to 25, stealth where a property just went down, wait for the land grabber to come back to demo it, good chance they sold it off within 10 minutes of putting their stupid cottage design over it.

Honestly, 16x16 house designs should be BoP, and cost 25 gilda. Guess who would ♥♥♥♥♥ about it....the land grab sellers! No one else would....

Rahvin
12-14-2014, 04:09 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/56929270.jpg

Chari
12-14-2014, 04:22 PM
for the offline labor regen

Ceremoni
12-14-2014, 04:31 PM
of course every area is taking its a way to make gold to grab / sell land

check land going on demolition and try to grab them this your best chance to grab a land for free

imo you will get more chance trying on pvp area since theses area are less popular

Flintgold
12-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Was about 3 weeks before I got my first property and it was only a 8x8 that I was able to move out of the temp area. If I would have known now, I would have been in better shape and hopefully it will help you now.

There are restricted areas in the game where only 16x16 farms & such can be placed. These are generally known as Pumpkin patches. The land grabbers do not usually actively seek out these properties as they do not sell as well. I know there is one in the far southwest corner of Gweonid Forest and Solzreed. Should be visible marker options on your map.

Since Auroria launched a lot of new land has opened. This land is not currently desired as it is in a constant pvp zone and you do pay extra taxes if the castle owners have it set high. Each server is different but for the most part, it should be very easy to find land here.

Do not be lazy. Once I got off my butt & started going to each zone looking & attending all property demolition sites, it did not take long to get my first property. Do not get discouraged, there will be a lot of people attending the demolition sites that use hacks, scripts, mods & 3rd party software like the mouse programs that let them click faster than humanly possible but you will eventually find one that they do not turn up to if you keep trying.

monsters2343
12-14-2014, 05:10 PM
lol biggest advantage of being a patron is land LMAO. the biggest advantage of patron and main reason most go patron is the additional 3k labor with the 10/5 online and 5/5 offline regen

Machineman
12-14-2014, 05:18 PM

Making space available for everyone misses the point of the economy and the real estate market.

You're not entitled to free land - you're entitled to procure it if you can.

Machineman
12-14-2014, 05:19 PM

There are in game systems to handle these transactions.

Lasteran
12-14-2014, 06:34 PM
So own land. This is a choice you are making. You were told as a patron that you had the ability to own land. No one told you that by being a patron you would receive FREE land.

I now have five plots. an 8x8, two 16x16's and two aquafarms. I bought all five from other players. I bought each one from the profits I made off the ones before and bought the first one from running trade packs. You can do like I did or you can whine and pitch a fit. The choice is yours.

Thanks for supporting botting, hacking, and RMT gold selling! When you buy a plot from another player this is what you're doing, just so you know. So yeah, you are not the solution...you are the problem.

Lasteran
12-14-2014, 06:40 PM
lol biggest advantage of being a patron is land LMAO. the biggest advantage of patron and main reason most go patron is the additional 3k labor with the 10/5 online and 5/5 offline regen

Please tell me more about how non-patrons can't regen their stamina with worker's compensation.

The only thing a Patron can do that a F2P can't is own land. Therefore, the only reason to be a patron is to own land.

Please use your brain if you're going to attempt to belittle someone.

Veerdin
12-14-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm seeing a lot of the same posts on here, and I thought I'd throw my two cents on the largest thing people seem to be bringing up.

I'm seeing a lot of people say "You aren't entitled to free land!" and "There's a land limit for a reason".

Okay, I get that, I'm down with that. But, please - to anybody who is saying this... There's some key facts you need to remember.

1) During head-start and early launch, at a time when many, many players where trapped behind 8 hour long queues just to log in (remember those?) there were a few players who did manage to get in-game. These players, or at least the more enterprising of them, grabbed a huge portion of available land. As a result, instead of everybody getting a fair chance at the initial rush - which was the intended result - we had most players locked out of the game, even during the head start that many of us paid good money for.

The fact is, many players that lost the chance at claiming land were - I repeat - not just a result of them simply "not trying hard enough" or "not being dedicated enough" or "not being fast enough". These issues lie squarely with Trion's piss-poor server management and most of the early servers are still reeling from this farce. You cannot honestly be blaming people on these servers for "not being dedicated enough" about getting land when they never had the chance to be dedicated at all. This problem is, without a doubt, faulted at Trion's server management and launch policies.

2) The land hacker problem has declined in recent weeks. But let us not forget that for a while - especially around the launch of the new servers after the initial launch - it was still a major, major problem, with people claiming huge swaths of land through unlawful means before legitimate players even had a chance to click their design. And as a result, we're still feeling the effects. Perhaps the most disgusting example of this was the launch of he Auroria continent at the hight of the hacker epidemic. The land of Auroria we have right now is not small. It's a fairly big expanse of available ground, and yet all of the liveable space was taken within two or three days after the launch, much of it due to hackers. Once again, this is not the fault of legitimate players. This leads right back to Trion and XL and their horrendous game security management, insisting on using Hackshield even after repeated evidence that it's doing more harm than good.

And once again, this has less to do with a lack of dedication on the part of players, and more to do with circumstances created by Trion that effectively prevent huge portions of players from even accessing content before the lucky few that managed to slip between the gaps had a chance at it.

When you think about it, it's sort of like RNG. Early on and during the Auroria launch we were plagued with all kinds of server issues. Whether you even got into the game (and managed to stay there without crashing) seemed to be pretty much down to luck, rather than anything we had any substantial control over. It's like the game is one huge RNG gamble box.

Open today for a selection of cool items! And a super rare chance at the the ability to play when there's actually land available!

So please, people, I get where you're coming from when you say that people aren't entitled to free land and that some people just need to put a bit more effort in. I get it. And in a perfect world, you guys would be 100% right about that.

But this isn't a perfect world, this is Archeage, as run by Trion. And when it comes to land, there are huge portions of players who never even got the chance to claim any due to issues that were, legitimately, beyond their control.

Just think a bit before you start accusing landless players of "not trying hard enough".

Thanks.

Neocaridina
12-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Have a thatched farmhouse (24) with a large farm(16) either side in ynystere, 6aquafarms, a townhouse (24) in castaway straight, cottage in vil surrounded by 8s that I'm developing into a townhouse. I started as free to play, was given 2 8x8 as a guildy and worked from there. I've had to buy and swap land, I can only win an 8x8 in land grabs due to Aussie ping nothing larger.

Moral of the story: get off your ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥ and work for it

Sucuri
12-14-2014, 07:20 PM
GENERAL
* Property placement now has a five-second delay between attempts in order to disrupt rapid spam-placement attempt tools. Please adjust your strategy for property grabs accordingly!

Stop crying already, they are fixing the people with rapid fire mice.

Full read here.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?141424-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.16-Patch-Notes&p=1325915#post1325915

Neocaridina
12-14-2014, 07:21 PM
there is no land issues, only idiots.

ZadiraAA
12-14-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm seeing a lot of the same posts on here, and I thought I'd throw my two cents on the largest thing people seem to be bringing up.

I'm seeing a lot of people say "You aren't entitled to free land!" and "There's a land limit for a reason".

Okay, I get that, I'm down with that. But, please - to anybody who is saying this... There's some key facts you need to remember.

1) During head-start and early launch, at a time when many, many players where trapped behind 8 hour long queues just to log in (remember those?) there were a few players who did manage to get in-game. These players, or at least the more enterprising of them, grabbed a huge portion of available land. As a result, instead of everybody getting a fair chance at the initial rush - which was the intended result - we had most players locked out of the game, even during the head start that many of us paid good money for.

The fact is, many players that lost the chance at claiming land were - I repeat - not just a result of them simply "not trying hard enough" or "not being dedicated enough" or "not being fast enough". These issues lie squarely with Trion's piss-poor server management and most of the early servers are still reeling from this farce. You cannot honestly be blaming people on these servers for "not being dedicated enough" about getting land when they never had the chance to be dedicated at all. This problem is, without a doubt, faulted at Trion's server management and launch policies.

2) The land hacker problem has declined in recent weeks. But let us not forget that for a while - especially around the launch of the new servers after the initial launch - it was still a major, major problem, with people claiming huge swaths of land through unlawful means before legitimate players even had a chance to click their design. And as a result, we're still feeling the effects. Perhaps the most disgusting example of this was the launch of he Auroria continent at the hight of the hacker epidemic. The land of Auroria we have right now is not small. It's a fairly big expanse of available ground, and yet all of the liveable space was taken within two or three days after the launch, much of it due to hackers. Once again, this is not the fault of legitimate players. This leads right back to Trion and XL and their horrendous game security management, insisting on using Hackshield even after repeated evidence that it's doing more harm than good.

And once again, this has less to do with a lack of dedication on the part of players, and more to do with circumstances created by Trion that effectively prevent huge portions of players from even accessing content before the lucky few that managed to slip between the gaps had a chance at it.

When you think about it, it's sort of like RNG. Early on and during the Auroria launch we were plagued with all kinds of server issues. Whether you even got into the game (and managed to stay there without crashing) seemed to be pretty much down to luck, rather than anything we had any substantial control over. It's like the game is one huge RNG gamble box.

Open today for a selection of cool items! And a super rare chance at the the ability to play when there's actually land available!

So please, people, I get where you're coming from when you say that people aren't entitled to free land and that some people just need to put a bit more effort in. I get it. And in a perfect world, you guys would be 100% right about that.

But this isn't a perfect world, this is Archeage, as run by Trion. And when it comes to land, there are huge portions of players who never even got the chance to claim any due to issues that were, legitimately, beyond their control.

Just think a bit before you start accusing landless players of "not trying hard enough".

Thanks.
You very nicely wrote down what I wish I could have written in such a great way. Thank you for your fantastic post.

Malakus
12-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Land in the game is a finite resource, much like irl. Either look for demos (foreclosures) or buy property from another player. Wait till AFTER you get a property to become patron if you're that bent about it.

TheOuroborus
12-14-2014, 08:05 PM
I bought the Archeum Patron pack at launch and haven't had any land until about two weeks ago. Now I have a 16x16 house, 16x16 farm, and three 8x8 gardens all adjacent to each other in one nice estate north of Windshade. The only spot I got by setting down a design before anyone else grabbed it, is one of the 8x8s. The rest I bought from other players to create my little personal in-game world.

That's the way of the game. I felt the hurt for a long time myself and still blame Trion for not limiting land acquisition in the first month of release, but the pain slowly goes away. Sure, I spent literally boatloads of gold buying my property and long hours negotiating with owners, but I got it done. You can too.

Ziegfried
12-14-2014, 09:24 PM
You don't need land to play AA. The main reason to subscribe is to have increased labor regen and a larger labor pool. You also get 10% more xp, some loyalty points and some other crap. If you bought the game only to do farming then yes you have no reason to subscribe.

Veerdin
12-14-2014, 10:05 PM
You don't need land to play AA. The main reason to subscribe is to have increased labor regen and a larger labor pool. You also get 10% more xp, some loyalty points and some other crap. If you bought the game only to do farming then yes you have no reason to subscribe.

People subscribe for different reasons, and one of the advertised perks of being a Patron (that Trion still flaunts openly) is "Own your own land!"

Many people bought the pre-order packs specifically because they wanted land.

So you can't just say "That's not why you get Patron!" because for some people, that is why they get Patron. And with their terrible land management policies, Trion have effectively made their own product less attractive for a huge portion of potential customers.

Temasek
12-14-2014, 10:27 PM
The biggest perks of being a patron is the amount of gold u saved from getting labour.

Lets say u play 5 hours a day on average:

A non patron will have 9000 labour points a month

A patron will have 61200 + 6000 (worker pots from loyalty) labour points a month.

In order for a non patron to have the same LP as a patron, he will need to buy 58 worker pots, and that will cost around 1740 gold, each month.

Weaboo
12-14-2014, 10:54 PM

then i encourage you to play a game made by a game developer who designs/develops games (doesn't need to be an MMOrpg), than to play a game made by a game developer who designs/develops a money making agenda and a strat to keep people playing 24/7.

play a skill based game than a grind based game. i think that'll be a good advice.
so that you can make up for a time spent ingame with skill, like time spent ingame doesn't always equal performance.

AredianReload
12-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Actually right now ( On dahuta anyway ) things seem to be getting much better as far as housing is concerned. Last night I managed to get a 16x16 next to my 16x16 farm without anyone contesting it and no hackers! The day before that my friend managed to put down a 24x24 both in lilyut.

There are houses going down all the time now just keep your eyes peeled :)

So I was bored and checked in the last hour every housing zone on dahuta (west) and i found 5 plots who are overdue. I don't know on what kind of dahuta you're playing, but it's not really getting better. And the contest is still there, tried last time to get 3 16x16 and didn't manage to get a single one, because there were about 10 other people how also wanted to get them. Either you're lying or you just got pretty lucky.

Jackoffripper
12-15-2014, 03:34 PM
I would say the land functions just as intended and very similar to RL (as much as I hate to bring real life into a game discussion). In RL you can "OWN LAND" but you are not entitled to land, nor is it free. This is the same in the game, you can own land, sure. But you are not entitled to it, its not a commodity within any of the packages you buy. None of the packs have "land" included in with the purchase of the pack and if they did they would have been limited and bought up before most people could even buy them.

monsters2343
12-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Please tell me more about how non-patrons can't regen their stamina with worker's compensation.

The only thing a Patron can do that a F2P can't is own land. Therefore, the only reason to be a patron is to own land.

Please use your brain if you're going to attempt to belittle someone.

Just as you said please use your own brain as well. A non-patron has a hard cap of 2k labor compared to the cap of 5k on a patron which is already a 3 comp difference. For a non-patron to get labor they need to be online period. Patrons can stay offline for 3-4 days and come back to 5k free labor. F2P can't regen any labor at all while offline but patrons can and do all the time. So in your statement trying to belittle me you are in fact making a fool of your self. Land is just a small bonus of being a patron compared to the massive bonus of online/offline labor regen superiority. That is not even going into the loyalty tokens for just logging in which can and will get you free money and items. So in the future when you try to belittle some one who is correct try rethinking your place in things.

Ilyanna
12-15-2014, 04:09 PM
I say land is only good if you plan on leveling gathering, farming, logging or husbandry. If not then you might as well just buy the materials in ah and sell the products you make if they make more profit. Lately I've been able to get lots of items in the wild, I wonder if I even need land if I wasn't growing trees or animals.
FYI - This is not a very valid gameplan if you planning on leveling Alchemy.

NonBritGit
12-15-2014, 04:19 PM
I would say the land functions just as intended and very similar to RL (as much as I hate to bring real life into a game discussion). In RL you can "OWN LAND" but you are not entitled to land, nor is it free. This is the same in the game, you can own land, sure. But you are not entitled to it, its not a commodity within any of the packages you buy. None of the packs have "land" included in with the purchase of the pack and if they did they would have been limited and bought up before most people could even buy them.

So explain why you quest for a 16x16 farm that you can't place because of land hoarders (probably like yourself)? Working as intended? Don't be an ♥♥♥.

Fargrist
12-15-2014, 04:20 PM
I have to wonder at the argument that "you don't need land to play ArcheAge".

It seems a very bad defense to say this, because it leads very quickly to "you don't need to play ArcheAge".

If a game heavily promotes a feature, which is then monopolised by only 10% of players, then it's not a good argument to tell players to ignore the vaunted feature.

What will happen instead is that players will leave, and they will write and talk about ArcheAge in an extremely negative light.

I bet you that some Massively journalists didn't get land.

Silvermissed
12-15-2014, 05:08 PM
I am also a patron and have a 16x16 land design, and an aquafarm design. i have searched several zones and can't find a place to put them either. I also think that the pvp players should all be on a pvp server while the rest should be on a pve server. the blocking, pushing, pirating, etc, will not be tolerated long, and patrons will leave and trion will make less money.

Jackoffripper
12-15-2014, 05:27 PM
So explain why you quest for a 16x16 farm that you can't place because of land hoarders (probably like yourself)? Working as intended? Don't be an ♥♥♥.

I can get a 16x design as a free to play player. I can't place it, thus meaning I need to invest in the game to use this item. (Just mooted your whole being angry over nothing and wrongfully insulting someone.)

Its a quest simply to expand your land, or find new land to settle. Not for the land to be given to you as if you paid for that in particular piece of land. If you're going to buy land, then buy it. It will be from a player, not from Trion and not from XLgame. The only thing you are paying for via Trion and XL is the opportunity to get land, as well as the other perks of being a patron. Don't like it? I can't help you there, but your inaccurate information and silly name calling only made you look the fool in the end.

helm123
12-15-2014, 05:39 PM
I am also a patron and have a 16x16 land design, and an aquafarm design. i have searched several zones and can't find a place to put them either. I also think that the pvp players should all be on a pvp server while the rest should be on a pve server. the blocking, pushing, pirating, etc, will not be tolerated long, and patrons will leave and trion will make less money.

Silver are you still looking for a 16x16? I might be able too hook you up for 1gold.

Cetra
12-15-2014, 06:43 PM
It's becoming much much easier to get land. Put in the work like everyone else and take down a list of expiring locations you'd like to have a show up when they go demo.

PTS has a stupid 5 second timer on placing property that will give you a better shot over macro people.

People crying actual land "hacks" are pretty much silly at this point, I don't think many people are going to those lengths for property anymore because there's really little money to be made anymore from doing it.

Rvyne
12-15-2014, 07:39 PM
honestly If you have 50k fishing + fishing boat definitely you don't need to own a farm... probably just a house if you're into crafting >.<

jaydefire
12-15-2014, 07:52 PM
If someone wants land on the ezi server I have a 16x16 in solis near traveller's spring for 250g comes with a free 8x8 plot.

Fenris1989
12-15-2014, 09:17 PM

alot of people have had it worse,like those who lost their land during the server outage,their complaints is understandable,but this is something you complain to your friends or guild members,complaining bout it here is pointless because so many people support the housing system.Think about it if free to play could also own land there would be no reason to get patron.Oh and don't say you can't get land If i have managed to do it anyone can maybe not in a peaceful zone,hell my first property was in Cinderstone for Christs sake and that place is cutthroat.

honestly If you have 50k fishing + fishing boat definitely you don't need to own a farm... probably just a house if you're into crafting >.<

and if you make trade packs like I do

I see your point but since the pvp and pve separate server Idea probably won't happen these things you mentioned can be easily avoided:Pirates-stay off the surface of the water.blocking-if you mean blocking trade cart routes easy to fix as well,pushing-I'm guessing you mean off air balloon platforms,just pay attention.

Veerdin
12-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Guys, quick thing to remember:

Due to the design choices of some bright-eyed genuis at either Trion or XL, around half of both Nuia and Haranya, as well as most of Auroria, is currently inaccessible and unreleased.

http://puu.sh/dwEzy/34761078ca.png

Look at the amount of space we have, vs the amount of space we're supposed to have. Is it any surprise that even without land hackers or land hogs, people are still struggling to find anything?

We're missing around half, if not more, of the space we're supposed to have.

CCT75
12-15-2014, 10:36 PM

Just to add on to all the others have said. I started in late beta with the Archeum Founders Packs hence automatically got Patron for 6 months but then I also could not get any "FREE" land. Well, main reason was Trion. Ending Beta and comes the "4 days Head Start" yet there were massive queue and I could not even get on at all. Then eventually, I settled in Calleil and being a not so "early bird", most lands have been grabbed by that time.

I now have several properties. I have 1 Townhouse and 1 Thatched Farm House with 3 16x16 Farms (one of the 16x16 Farm I gave to my guild mate) in Yny, 1 Thatched Farmed House in Rook SW with 3 16x16 Farms and last 1 16x16 Farm and 2 8x8 Gardens in Vill. Non of them come "Free". Every single piece of land I own (even the 8x8) has been purchased via other players in game.

When you quoted saying you have a "16x16 plot in your inventory", all you have is the "design" not the land. I also have a spare 24x24 Thatched Farm House design in my inventory but rather hope to buy another completely built Thatched Farm House then to place the design and the hassle of getting the mats to build.

Hanthos
12-15-2014, 10:56 PM
so why do you have 2 16's and i don't have any? i have one in my inventory but i cant use it. i paid to play and that does not sound very fair.Wow...
I have 5 properties down right now and have had upwards of 8 while my guild created the area we are now in. I think the better question is, "Why aren't you working at getting a property rather than whining here on the forums and expecting someone to just give you one?"

Ziegfried
12-15-2014, 11:07 PM
People subscribe for different reasons, and one of the advertised perks of being a Patron (that Trion still flaunts openly) is "Own your own land!"

Many people bought the pre-order packs specifically because they wanted land.

So you can't just say "That's not why you get Patron!" because for some people, that is why they get Patron. And with their terrible land management policies, Trion have effectively made their own product less attractive for a huge portion of potential customers.

Yeah they do advertise as if you can just log in and get land as a patron, which is false on most if not all servers. I think this is a valid criticism. I understand those who did pre-order got screwed in a number of ways. You can technically own land as a patron if you are willing to pay another player to buy it.

Clownface
12-16-2014, 12:59 AM
As others have said, if you want it work for it. I was let down at first when I started playing from the lack of any open land. I started running trade runs and have now acquired 1 thatched with 2 connected 16x16 all bought at different times. And found a spot in the Arcum pumpkin garden for another 16x16. Land is even cheaper now so it is easier to get then when I started. Sometimes you gotta work for what you want. Patron only gives you the ability to own land.

Also, just look around, I've found 2 empty 16x16 just by simply looking in not so amazing locations of housing/farming zones. Sold one of those for 135G and gave one to a guildie that didn't have any land yet.

Lasteran
12-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Just as you said please use your own brain as well. A non-patron has a hard cap of 2k labor compared to the cap of 5k on a patron which is already a 3 comp difference. For a non-patron to get labor they need to be online period. Patrons can stay offline for 3-4 days and come back to 5k free labor. F2P can't regen any labor at all while offline but patrons can and do all the time. So in your statement trying to belittle me you are in fact making a fool of your self. Land is just a small bonus of being a patron compared to the massive bonus of online/offline labor regen superiority. That is not even going into the loyalty tokens for just logging in which can and will get you free money and items. So in the future when you try to belittle some one who is correct try rethinking your place in things.

You should feel ashamed that I am not at all surprised that you failed to understand the argument.

CCT75
12-17-2014, 02:18 AM

Patrons can stay offline for 3-4 days and come back to 5k free labor
--> Free? Patron is not Free. Patron come at the cost of Real Cash subscription or via Apex Subscription. Eventually, if Patron decides not to continue with subscription, his/her account will then become the Non-Patron account hence 2k Labor cap and no off-line labor regen.

Kayah
12-17-2014, 07:26 PM
You don't have a 'plot' as you call it. You have a farm which you can place on land. You need to find free land either by finding some yourself or buying it from an existing land holder.

There's nothing wrong with that, that's how games like this work. If you had played Ultima Online in the past (or any game like it) you'd be aware of how these things work. There's nothing wrong with buying land from another player. You need to work for the things you wish to achieve.

There is free land on most servers in PvP zones and Auroria. If you want land in a safe zone, you'll have to purchase it from someone else or go around finding demolition sites.

If you don't want to do these things, then find another game. This game doesn't give you anything for free - you have to work for it. If everyone could get land whenever they wanted - land would become worthless and the concept of trading property, houses and land would simply not work.

Long story short - the people who spoke to you were not the ignorant ones.

Ah the days of Ultima Online... As I recall however, there was a limitation in place for one house per account though. Honestly, I think that is what the OP is trying to get at... I think the point of the rant was the fact that everyone here that has patron status has paid money to own land(I know I did anyway), and this is extremely frustrating and seemingly pointless to him because of the limitless land ownership. For example, I was searching for a plot today, didn't find one so I'm going to try again tomorrow. While I was looking in one of the housing areas, there were over 4 16x16 plots all owned by the same person. One of them didn't have anything on it. This I think is the problem OP is having: yes, land is scarce, as it is supposed to be, I know I had to buy my home in UO back in the day(granted it was a mansion), but that problem would be a little less difficult if large chunks of said land weren't sitting in the hands of individual players.

Zengiar
12-17-2014, 07:34 PM
While I was looking in one of the housing areas, there were over 4 16x16 plots all owned by the same person. One of them didn't have anything on it.

I hope you are aware that there are plenty of people who use their land solely for the purposes of storing trade packs, and after they hand them all in and there is no peace times in awhile then they are empty and can be empty for awhile til the next peace period comes round.

Neodoc
12-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Put it in the simplest alot of the people who come to this game want everything free, saying things like "i bought patron so i should get land" is ludicrous as it would stagger, if not completely kill the land market. there are plenty of people who get 2-3 land plots easily. because they look for them instead of complaining like children. theres nothing wrong with how land is atm. if they want to create a zone thats JUST housing fine. but realisticly everyone cant get land unless its instanced. thats what makes this game different. if a person cant accept that they should infact leave.

Mashimara
12-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Wow...
I have 5 properties down right now and have had upwards of 8 while my guild created the area we are now in. I think the better question is, "Why aren't you working at getting a property rather than whining here on the forums and expecting someone to just give you one?"

Ok. I keep hearing all these people ♥♥♥♥♥ about not able to find 24x24 land for free and not buying. The time for anything larger than a 16x16 is over. ONLY unless you camp the plot for it to demo.
That being said. I have been patron since beta. I pay so I regen labor while offline. Housing is a perk.

HOWEVER, I soon realized that I could take a Donald Trump approach. So I did. Buy all those 8x8 plots in your area you can. Fill them with private 8x8 plots for 30 gilda each. After 2 weeks I was able to get enough 8x8 that fell to no taxes to build my own 16x16. I was lucky enough to have found this spot on day 2 of launch. I placed it in such a way that I was able to place my thatched 24x24 but no one could plot anywhere else. I did this so I knew I could build my thatched. However, the 8x8s around me started falling. so I need more accts for 8x8 and spread the now build taxes for all the land.

After weeks of this, I got my neighbors to join me in creating a new neighborhood guild. Now we have more contiguous ("All together") land in a Safe Zone than any other guild in the game. However we are not a huge guild. I personally own over 30 plots across 3 active accounts on the NA server Enla in Falcorth Plains and they are ALL touching and but up against the NPC vendor area. We also have 2 8x8 SCs in Maha but against the Northern specialty Workstation.

I worked for every inch of this land over months.

Fiercesoulking
12-17-2014, 09:57 PM
UPS I see many people posted already.( I was too long in the kitchen)

First getting your own land/house in other MMO isn't easy(HDO/DP/Aion..) but there are only limit things which you can do with. In this Game you basically need it for crafting and it is that what the game relative special.

Like I said in this Game I found many aspect which you will find in Everquest and ROM(still running but dead) and are completely out dated. It is stupid putting players against each other and the next moment you need to work together.

The things what irretade me most is you can grap land with other chars what people did. This combination of grinding and griefing by making things very exclusive leads to a very long list of things which are not only against the rules it inspire to break the rules.
Like:
AC selling(with land)
Buy at Goldseller (for all kinds to go around hardcore grinding)
Botting ( for farming / land graping )
Exploiting (Hell how should a keep up with those above)

It is not so that we always talk about companies here we also talk about gilds which suck out real money out the game. Hell I know calculation in which the high gilde sucked about 10 mio $ out of ROM over the years(no not the goldseller) which has a similar philosophy of making things exclusive.

In the end by making supply short you increase the price which increase the possible gain of money, you attract a pool of sharks in your MMO.

Fiercesoulking
12-17-2014, 09:57 PM
[too many posts]

Ziegfried
12-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Ok. I keep hearing all these people ♥♥♥♥♥ about not able to find 24x24 land for free and not buying. The time for anything larger than a 16x16 is over. ONLY unless you camp the plot for it to demo.
That being said. I have been patron since beta. I pay so I regen labor while offline. Housing is a perk.

HOWEVER, I soon realized that I could take a Donald Trump approach. So I did. Buy all those 8x8 plots in your area you can. Fill them with private 8x8 plots for 30 gilda each. After 2 weeks I was able to get enough 8x8 that fell to no taxes to build my own 16x16. I was lucky enough to have found this spot on day 2 of launch. I placed it in such a way that I was able to place my thatched 24x24 but no one could plot anywhere else. I did this so I knew I could build my thatched. However, the 8x8s around me started falling. so I need more accts for 8x8 and spread the now build taxes for all the land.

After weeks of this, I got my neighbors to join me in creating a new neighborhood guild. Now we have more contiguous ("All together") land in a Safe Zone than any other guild in the game. However we are not a huge guild. I personally own over 30 plots across 3 active accounts on the NA server Enla in Falcorth Plains and they are ALL touching and but up against the NPC vendor area. We also have 2 8x8 SCs in Maha but against the Northern specialty Workstation.

I worked for every inch of this land over months.

This is not a good thing. You own over 30 plots over 3 accounts now think about the 29 players who could have used a little land to get started. Of course you won't, I can tell you consider this style of gameplay to be perfectly fine and technically it is since the game mechanics allow it. Who knows how many players this type of greed has scared off? And you are one of the legit players I assume. The land hackers multiplied this problem tenfold! Good thing I read the forums before playing and didn't subscribe. And if I ever do subscribe I expect to buy what I want from another player. But so many players bought the founders packs, subscribed, etc. and got screwed thinking there would be open land!

Without the land hackers I am betting there still would have been a huge land shortage. But it would have been more spread out among players instead of a handful of land barons sitting on tons of land. It really hurt the health of the game and caused a lot of players to leave. Land in AA could have been implemented a lot better.

Fiercesoulking
12-17-2014, 11:57 PM
This is not a good thing. You own over 30 plots over 3 accounts now think about the 29 players who could have used a little land to get started. Of course you won't, I can tell you consider this style of gameplay to be perfectly fine and technically it is since the game mechanics allow it. Who knows how many players this type of greed has scared off? And you are one of the legit players I assume. The land hackers multiplied this problem tenfold! Good thing I read the forums before playing and didn't subscribe. And if I ever do subscribe I expect to buy what I want from another player. But so many players bought the founders packs, subscribed, etc. and got screwed thinking there would be open land!

Without the land hackers I am betting there still would have been a huge land shortage. But it would have been more spread out among players instead of a handful of land barons sitting on tons of land. It really hurt the health of the game and caused a lot of players to leave. Land in AA could have been implemented a lot better.

Yeah on that other page before I forgot to say that in every other MMO land you buy are always in instances so you can scale than up when the player base expand and those lands are for housing not for farming. So I had made 2 different types of land at the beginning on on which you can built also houses and on where you can't. Changing it now is extremely difficult and from my experiences with Asian developers they won't do it because otherwise they had done it or announced it and their mentality is we know best and not the western customers.

Killroth
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
if you cant find land you are blind

Euthymia
12-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Put it in the simplest alot of the people who come to this game want everything free, saying things like "i bought patron so i should get land" is ludicrous as it would stagger, if not completely kill the land market. there are plenty of people who get 2-3 land plots easily. because they look for them instead of complaining like children. theres nothing wrong with how land is atm. if they want to create a zone thats JUST housing fine. but realisticly everyone cant get land unless its instanced. thats what makes this game different. if a person cant accept that they should infact leave.

no one mentioned anything about getting anything free, but on the flip side land shouldn't be mostly tied up by people who spent 150$ to get into the game before anyone else and scoop it all up or by bots.

The way patron is advertised gives the impression that a person should automatically be able to claim and own a piece of land. It makes no mention of having to find a free spot first, so I can see how someone could get the wrong idea.

There should be a hard limit on the land people own and/or buildings should have to build on said land before more is claimed on that account.

The land system is neat and all, but as a whole it's a disorganized mess of unoptimized clutter and I hope the XL team is thinking of a revamp for a future patch.

Orio
12-18-2014, 02:22 AM

One day I realized that I have 100 gildastars, so I checked prices for the houses, and available places. I found nice spot in Silent forest for Medium/Big house. I wasnt patron at that time. I purchased the house design and asked a friend if he cannot place it. I wanted only take care of the yard. Then I realized that I want to go patron, because I enjoyed the game a lot, and next day I had two apexes with patron...

This happened on server Nebe six weeks ago. I was third person to settle there.

LadyLarena
12-22-2014, 11:19 PM
I think the gripe is justified - as it states you must be a patron to own land, however, nowhere did it state, this does not guarantee you will find land!

LadyLarena
12-22-2014, 11:23 PM
if you cant find land you are blind

That may have been the case on your server back in September. It is certainly not the case on Saphira in December.

CCT75
12-23-2014, 01:06 AM
I think the gripe is justified - as it states you must be a patron to own land, however, nowhere did it state, this does not guarantee you will find land!

You MUST BE a Patron to own land(s). However, it did not also guarantee you can find land unless you are those "early birds" or land grabber/hacker. I myself are one of the "not so early" bird as I started Late Beta and not able to get the 4 Days Head Start which I am supposed to be "enititled" as I purchased the Archeum Founder's Pack. I end up also not getting any "Free" lands and had to go through "buying" from existing land owners or worst scenario those land grabbers/hackers or you simply have 5K labour but no land to work with.

Your choice or else quit :D

CCT75
12-23-2014, 01:10 AM
That may have been the case on your server back in September. It is certainly not the case on Saphira in December.

And you are referring to Saphira which is one of the "oldest/matured" servers of all NA servers. Even on Calleil (which is supposed to be among the newest servers), most of us also had a hard time finding "free" lands. Unless you compete with others on the time when the next possible propert(ies) is/are about to demolish. If you can get that, you got "free" land. If you cannot (usually, land grabbers/hackers will get it), curse and swear but what else can be done to move on hope for the next to-be-demolished plot or come back to forum and QQ?

Fiercesoulking
12-23-2014, 01:12 AM
You MUST BE a Patron to own land(s). However, it did not also guarantee you can find land unless you are those "early birds" or land grabber/hacker. I myself are one of the "not so early" bird as I started Late Beta and not able to get the 4 Days Head Start which I am supposed to be "enititled" as I purchased the Archeum Founder's Pack. I end up also not getting any "Free" lands and had to go through "buying" from existing land owners or worst scenario those land grabbers/hackers or you simply have 5K labour but no land to work with.

Your choice or else quit :D
The choice is for most players easy and for the most who hit with the crafting quest the needs of land very early in the game also...quit....quit....quit.

CCT75
12-23-2014, 01:28 AM
The choice is for most players easy and for the most who hit with the crafting quest the needs of land very early in the game also...quit....quit....quit.

And yes, once they "quit" but does not means they owned lands previously and if they did, land grabbers/hackers are more than happy to take over their lands.

Jacra
12-23-2014, 01:55 AM

It's too late, Trion doesn't even talk about the issue, and they should have acted by now, unfortunately customers have acted. Especially those with links to game review sites.

At the end of the day the design means players want other players to leave ArcheAge, so they can get land.

Blindly stupid design, which Trion is paying for.

Agreed. I'm clearly not target audience though as I indeed expect a real chance to place a 24x24 farmhouse as patron - without having to skip my job or family life (and that includes grinding). Casual player I am ... I'm not dumping money anymore into that game. I'd be happy to, but it plain isn't worth it for me.

Jacra
12-23-2014, 01:59 AM
No, it isn't.

Look at the Korean version of the game: Players are much more fair and even about how they distribute land. As I understand it, land hogging (people placing their land plots in such a way that a simple 16x16 ends up blocking anybody else from placing land) and land baroning are practically nonexistant there.

Plenty of players have land, and there's a fair amount of space free even with that. Because people on the Korean servers aren't complete dickwipes who purposely ruin other people's enjoyment for a handful of golden pixels.

The difference is that people on the NA and EU clients are a bunch of selfish ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s with zero consideration for fellow players. The game's set up with the assumption that its players aren't going to be detestable ♥♥♥♥heads, but because the AA playerbase is apparently made up of spoilt 12 year olds, we have a tiny portion of the users hogging the majority of the land.

Cause gotta get them shiny golden pixels, amirite?

Thanks, eloquently put. ;)

Fiercesoulking
12-23-2014, 02:02 AM
And yes, once they "quit" but does not means they owned lands previously and if they did, land grabbers/hackers are more than happy to take over their lands.
Because they can do it and they benefit from it it is just a broken game.

Torto
12-23-2014, 02:25 AM
Agreed. I'm clearly not target audience though as I indeed expect a real chance to place a 24x24 farmhouse as patron - without having to skip my job or family life (and that includes grinding). Casual player I am ... I'm not dumping money anymore into that game. I'd be happy to, but it plain isn't worth it for me.

Don't feel too disappointed, the game is actually working as Trion intended.

Clearly they didn't want too many people playing the game (why they had so few servers at start), so they will be happy that so many casuals are leaving in droves. All Trion want is a few thousand no life whales that will put up with whatever ♥♥♥♥ XL/Trion throw at them and all they have to do is sit back and rake in the cash.

All these unwanted extra players must be giving them a headache and XL/Trion will be happier when we are gone.

Autymnfyres
12-23-2014, 05:57 AM
then goodbye... if you want guaranteed space play like farmville you'll get immediately a farm... problem with you people you don't do some checking everyday some houses/farm being demolish out there specially in pvp zone... yet alone you have auroria now its not even worth 1 silver so sell those things in that place so its pretty darn cheap.

Of course if you want convenient you have to pay for it.. If you people serious about owning a plot for free do some checking if you keep posting here without even trying to get for urself then its your problem its not games fault. What's with this whining... I can get plot atleast 2 a day if I really want it. So stop whining.. try harder.
------------------------------

Hee-hee-hee yup, lots of space available in the PvP "zones". Run right out there, do the toiling needed to get it set up and MAKE SURE you provide for crafting or any other thing inside your home where you actually might spend a few minutes inside..you know, where you can't see incoming chicken♥♥♥♥s who are just bored and wanna a-o-e ♥♥♥ witcha through the walls of your house ... PvP attacks inside houses: where the real gamer men and women are. o-0 /sarcasm off.

No. Don't. If you are looking for land, make it outside so-called PvP zones. Or, alternatively put a house there if its primarily so you can get pissed on, and then work out some rage, sorta like a workout spot for those who need that kinda stimulation. *Nods.

Voluntaris
12-23-2014, 08:28 AM
------------------------------

Hee-hee-hee yup, lots of space availabe in the PvP "zones". Run right out there, do the toiling needed to get it set up and MAKE SURE you provide for crafting or any other thing inside your home where you actually might spend a few minutes inside..you know, where you can't see incoming chicken♥♥♥♥s who are just bored and wanna a-o-e ♥♥♥ witcha through the walls of your house ... PvP attacks inside houses: where the real gamer men and women are. o-0 /sarcasm off.

No. Don't. If you are looking for land, make it outside so-called PvP zones. Or, alternatively put a house there if its primarily so you can get pissed on, and then work out some rage, sorta like a workout spot for those who need that kinda stimulation. *Nods.

I haven't had any issue with my main house being in Hasla (I'm a Westy), a 16x16 in Rockborne, a 16x16 in Karkasse, a 16x16 in Hellswamp, Aquafarm in Cinderstone (all lands were obtained with no hacks/exploits - Hasla medium home was placed on open land a few weeks after release / all other 16x16's were obtained at house/farm demolitions after hours of searching/recording properties scheduled for demo and always having my mouse clicking finger at the ready).

mangoskittle
12-23-2014, 08:33 AM
What server you on? I got a bunch of land. You sound like a non-land-flipper. I got land on lucius or kyrios. We can work something out.

Gaiinahat
12-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Go WORK for what you WANT

Excellent explanation. Ironic conclusion. :)

Tumulty
12-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Lol, I've had my 16x16 in my inventory since launch. But I'm making due with my 8x8 and the public farms. No biggie.

nelson
12-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Fishing obviously.

Kayah
12-23-2014, 12:57 PM

Yeah. Pretty much this.

Oldmann
12-23-2014, 01:04 PM
I agree with you. I have a 16x16 plot that I can not find land. I even looked in contention areas and got my self killed 5 times. I dont mind getting killed if I can find land. I will not continure to resub if I cant find land!!!!

DankasaurusRex
12-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Dear Everyone ♥♥♥♥♥ing About Land,

Stop being cheapasses, buy a ♥♥♥♥ing plot, and drop the sense of self entitlement.

Sincerely,
Everyone else

TenDesires
12-23-2014, 01:27 PM
How many times will we have to tell people that land is meant to be scarce and create a market ?

ZadiraAA
12-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Land is not supposed to be controlled by land snipers. They snipe up all the land, sell it for gold and then sell the gold and make real money. That is not what I paid a three month sub for. Having land in this game is supposed to be part of the fun. People have every right to complain. I got a full refund for my three month patron and will not play again until they fix the land problem.

Shiverwind
12-23-2014, 01:33 PM
good can I have your stuff plz

dirtydan
12-23-2014, 01:35 PM
This is getting so old reading these sob stories about I can't find land😭. I have 24 16x16 farms , 2 thatched, and 2 manors. I bought them all by playing the game and I'm sure u could do the same if u quit ♥♥♥♥♥ing and got to it!

Fiercesoulking
12-23-2014, 01:37 PM
How many times will we have to tell people that land is meant to be scarce and create a market ?
Infinity times because the crafting quest says otherwise to the players.

TenDesires
12-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Land is not supposed to be controlled by land snipers. They snipe up all the land, sell it for gold and then sell the gold and make real money. That is not what I paid a three month sub for. Having land in this game is supposed to be part of the fun. People have every right to complain. I got a full refund for my three month patron and will not play again until they fix the land problem.

Yes, it's a problem, but it does not comes from the fact that land is scarce. The issue here is the unfair land grab system.

Still, it's not hard to find a 16x16 plot for a very small price.

Faithkills
12-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Well you are pretty dumb if you pay for land that you don't have.

But the good news is because so many people didn't in fact bother to keep playing due to the land inequity, not fixing hacks, queues on golive and then not pulling the plug on auroria, many people have quit, and the land hacker barons are having to unload. So due to trions incompetence you will likely soon be able to get land in a dying game.

What happened was that they were satisfied with the land hackers owning all the land because they were paying taxes. After all taxes is taxes right? But it was obvious the hackers would only keep the land so long as people were playing the game. And not being able to get land is a large part of why people quit. Very short sighted on Trions part. Making land acquisition more equitable would have made their revenue stream MUCH more stable because all those people that got land would have a reason to keep subbing. They could have had 5 to 10 times more land owners and all of those would have been much less likely to quit. Instead it was concentrated among a few people who profited while players cared but are now having to sell.

Fiercesoulking
12-23-2014, 03:04 PM
True but they will hold on it until the final moment when they can't pay the taxes anymore

TenDesires
12-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Well you are pretty dumb if you pay for land that you don't have.

When you pay for patron you don't pay for land, you pay for the RIGHT to own land. They don't offer you land on a silver plate, it's a valuable asset.

GomiChan
12-23-2014, 04:10 PM
To this thread I'd just like to add that on Ezi server today there are over 6 spots for 16x16 in Mahadevi. 1 spot for 16x16 in Solis, and few in Ynystere.

So The land is no longer an issue in Archeage.

Dracoban
12-23-2014, 04:57 PM
some of you that buy land from land grabbers r part of this problem like it or not. Stop buying from them .... today (about 30 min ago) it was me and a land grabber after 24X.. which I been trying to get ever sense I started to play.. I dint get it.. I never win land when a grabber trying for it...

lately I never see any trying for land anymore.. the only ones ever there r the grabber.. which tells me ppl r giving up on that.. Sure theres land to be had if you try for it... but u never win against the grabber...

Dundun
12-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Yes, it's a problem, but it does not comes from the fact that land is scarce. The issue here is the unfair land grab system.

Still, it's not hard to find a 16x16 plot for a very small price.

Yeah, the land sniping is actually really depressing. It's really not hard to know who the bots, cheats, hacks (or w/e you wanna call them) are. They aren't some computerized, programmed sentinal, they are actual players using some sort of cheat to get these lands. You just have to look in Faction chat and you will see the SAME PLAYERS over and over and over and over again, selling land. THE SAME PLAYERS (most of which are just alts).

TheOuroborus
12-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Never mind the fanboy knee-jerk disagreers here, land IS a major issue for patrons. ESPECIALLY for new patrons who have been excited by the trailers and let down hard once they get in-game.

Both XL and Trion knew it going in and said nothing! Much could have been solved by having a temporary per-toon/per-account property cap for the first couple months. But scarcity generates APEX sales and that's their business model despite all of the ad claims about how fun it will be to own your own farm.

So yeah, I feel your pain. The hype does not match the experience. At all. Not one bit. No way.

Galix
12-23-2014, 08:01 PM

Other than land and labor-points there is no other point to Patron. :)

Chari
12-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Never mind the fanboy knee-jerk disagreers here, land IS a major issue for patrons. ESPECIALLY for new patrons who have been excited by the trailers and let down hard once they get in-game.

Both XL and Trion knew it going in and said nothing! Much could have been solved by having a temporary per-toon/per-account property cap for the first couple months. But scarcity generates APEX sales and that's their business model despite all of the ad claims about how fun it will be to own your own farm.

So yeah, I feel your pain. The hype does not match the experience. At all. Not one bit. No way.

No. You're just an _____ (fill in any word for the back side of a horse).

DankasaurusRex
12-24-2014, 02:33 PM

There's more than enough 8x8 spots open. Use that to start, plant stuff on it, then build your way up to enough gold to buy a 16x16. I've seen plenty of plots going in windscour for around 300g on Naima and even less on other servers.

Land is ♥♥♥♥ing cheap. If you complain about land at this point you are just terrible at this game.

GomiChan
12-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Again. Since this thread started land prices went really down. There's open place for 16x16 farms in Mahdevi on Ezi. My friend is selling here 16x16 in Ynystere for 50g for a week now and there are no buyers (and you can build a small house there).

So really land stopped beeing a problem a while ago.

jstoker1238
12-24-2014, 02:39 PM

Land is supposed to be scarce, that's what makes it valuable. You think you're supposed to just have a land spot reserved for you just because you bought patron? News Flash. You're not that special. You can either claim land when you find it available or you can easily purchase land from another player.

Cyronik
12-24-2014, 04:27 PM

Buy the plot to put it on from another player. Plenty of players sell land, and prices are competitive. It's what I did to get my house and it only took me a week of casual play tone to save up for it. :)

Gegoben
12-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Cant believe this thread is still active. So much land is available its crazy. I sold a waterfront 24*24 for 99 gold just last week, cause i got a new waterfront townhouse that was demo with no other people trying for it. Land should not be an issue.