PDA

View Full Version : Land Placement Suggested Change

LianLi
12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
If a 'Spam Clicker' is trying to place a house you should make it reset the 5 secs every time during the count down. Currently on the PTS it's still very predictable on when you can place a house.

* Property placement now has a five-second delay between attempts in order to disrupt rapid spam-placement attempt tools. Please adjust your strategy for property grabs accordingly!

TaiiChii
12-13-2014, 08:41 AM
I agree, hopefully this is taken into high consideration.

Myssy
12-13-2014, 11:05 AM
one thing about the new chance, i dont think that this change anything afterall.
A new makro and the landgrabhack for 1 click without the buildbutton wins. So nothing changed here with this 5 sec CD.

Banjee
12-13-2014, 12:03 PM
It even makes the Land Grabbing harder for the legit players. A legit player will mostly fail click and loose. Even if u use a Timer for it its hard. Bot user, or someone who has a good knowledge of programming will allways be faster (for the right millisecond when its free). Another Question would be, will this timer checked by the server itself for every player or will it be Client side again? Cuz if its Client side dont even bother to change it, it only makes things worse.

If u want a fair system for all, u should make it aviable for a bidding option. The Player who did bid the highest Ammount Anonymously in like 1-2 mins after it was Demolished should be the new Owner. So ppl can think about if the place is rly worth the Money, and it will take out Gold of the game. So it benefits all. Cuz with the Gold that will vanish Prices will be Stable/ Lower and even F2P profit from that.

talizzar
12-13-2014, 12:54 PM
With the complete reliance on RNG in the game I am amused that the destruction of a property happens like clockwork.

Make the destruction time random.

This mechanism should only be in place for properties from players who quit or failed to pay taxes.

Player destruction to place a new farm or upgrade should have a different mechanism.