PDA

View Full Version : Preparing ArcheAge for Version 1.2 on Alpha, Beta, and Beyond

Scapes
06-30-2014, 07:49 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ArcheAge_blog_header_3_720x332.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/preparing-archeage-for-version-1-2-on-alpha-beta-and-beyond)

Busy days ahead, adventurers!

Two weeks ago, ArcheAge Team members returned from visiting the developers in Korea where both XLGames and Trion Worlds jointly decided it best to launch the game in North America and Europe with Patch 1.2. If you haven't yet, be sure to read our announcement (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?12109-ArcheAge-to-Launch-with-XLGames-Patch-1.2) on the topic, then come back and read the rest of this article!

We've been hard at work getting ready for the release of Patch 1.2 on Alpha and are actively QA testing the build set to go live this week. To differentiate from the Korean naming schema, we'll be calling it ArcheAge Version 1.2, Build 4.1. Due to our hurry to get feedback from players on how the gameplay feels, it will not contain the Trion-specific game changes mentioned previously on the forums (such as Gilda Star rewards for international trade routes).

Full patch notes will be published in both the Alpha and public forums before it hits the Alpha servers. Yes, plural: we'll be spinning up a new Alpha server named Omega with the release of this build. Omega is located in North America rather than Europe due to resources in our Amsterdam server location being used for Beta preparation. This second Alpha server will allow us to test what a pure Version 1.2 environment plays like. At this time, server transfers will not be possible.

As a result of our decision to launch with Version 1.2 content, Beta was postponed by a few weeks. With Alpha testing about to begin, we're glad to announce that Closed Beta Events will be starting in mid-to-late July. These events will last three to five days each with access being granted by random invitation or purchase of a Founder's Pack (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/). We'll be hosting invite giveaways in the coming weeks and will open up European servers during these events. An all-access Open Beta phase will follow these events, after which we'll wipe the servers of all progress and data to begin Head Start and launch later this year.

We're thrilled to have you joining us for ArcheAge's path to launch. Thank you for being part of our pre-release community!

The ArcheAge Team

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/preparing-archeage-for-version-1-2-on-alpha-beta-and-beyond)

UPDATE: ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.1 patch notes are now live:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?14265-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.1-(7-2-14)-Patch-Notes

Chaosx
06-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Woot awesome news, thanks Scapes!

Two questions, can you confirm if the Alpha servers will be available for regular play after being converted to PTS? Or will they only be available for testing periods?

Also, can you clarify for us what Trion's position is on having the Alpha server's up during the Closed Beta vs Open Beta events? There seems to be some confusion. If I remember correctly, Victoria mentioned that the Alpha servers would be available for play up until, and including, the first "OBT" event, and may be available for play during future "OBT" events, but it would depend on how things went with beta. Can you confirm this?

SaltyPirate
06-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Were The patch notes at? Will the level 55 trees be going into game just without the ability to get level 55 talents?

Scapes
06-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Two questions, can you confirm if the Alpha servers will be available for regular play after being converted to PTS? Or will they only be available for testing periods?

Remains to be seen. We'll know more about our PTS needs closer to launch.

Also, can you clarify for us what Trion's position is on having the Alpha server's up during the Closed Beta vs Open Beta events?

Alpha and Omega will be available during Closed Beta Event 1, after which we'll evaluate whether they continue to be during CBEs.

Scapes
06-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Were The patch notes at? Will the level 55 trees be going into game just without the ability to get level 55 talents?

Full patch notes will be published in both the Alpha and public forums before it hits the Alpha servers.

See above.

Southernstar71
06-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Is the Mid July(11th-20th) date for the first Closed Beta Event a FIRM date or could it possibly end up being Late July(21st-31st). I arbitrarily divided the month into Early(1st-10th) Mid(11th-20th) Late(21st-31st).

Chaosx
06-30-2014, 08:06 PM

Alpha and Omega will be available during Closed Beta Event 1, after which we'll evaluate whether they continue to be during CBEs.

Thanks for clarifying that!

Scapes
06-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Is the Mid July(11th-20th) date for the first Closed Beta Event a FIRM date or could it possibly end up being Late July(21st-31st). I arbitrarily divided the month into Early(1st-10th) Mid(11th-20th) Late(21st-31st).

We've purposefully used "mid-to-late" July to allow us some wiggle room in case the Beta candidate build we receive doesn't pass muster.

Shaz
06-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Great news Scapes, can't wait to test it out.

Southernstar71
06-30-2014, 08:17 PM
We've purposefully used "mid-to-late" July to allow us some wiggle room in case the Beta candidate build we receive doesn't pass muster.

K... just wanted to double-check if late July was still a possibility so I can have realistic expectations and not make stupid posts if it does slide to late July.

Here's to hoping the Beta candidate build you receive is perfect......

thanks for the reply.....

afro
06-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Can we expect to see the Cash Shop with this update?

Thanks Scapes for posting this info!

Chaosx
06-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Any information available yet Scapes about being able to "pre-download" the new build coming up?

Also, any plans to offer Alpha founder players a beta key to pass to a friend in order to play with a buddy during beta?

Scapes
06-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Any information available yet Scapes about being able to "pre-download" the new build coming up?

Yes! We're working to make it so that players will be able to pre-download the Beta client before the servers open. More on this as we get closer to the start of Beta.

thejoda
06-30-2014, 08:22 PM
..ya ya..more hurry up and wait.

Scapes
06-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Can we expect to see the Cash Shop with this update?

Thanks Scapes for posting this info!

Yes, though it may not be available for testing immediately. Our priority is to get feedback on the adjusted gameplay.

Scapes
06-30-2014, 08:24 PM
..ya ya..more hurry up and wait.

G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Chaosx
06-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Sorry, more question's since you are still here! lol

You stated this in a previous post

Our tools to fight malicious behavior are coming in our next build which isn't ready for Alpha just yet, hence why we're slower than we will be to address compromised accounts. The team is actively investigating these accounts.

Can you confirm if you will have the tools you mentioned in the upcoming 4.1 build, or is it too early yet?

Also not sure if you can answer this, but currently the Rift authenticator only supports one account. Any suggestions for players with multiple accounts wanting to have an authenticator, but have only one device for it?

siralaa77
06-30-2014, 08:36 PM
will u do CB giveaway or just Send us CB inventions
And when that will be?!?!?!?!!?

Scapes
06-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Can you confirm if you will have the tools you mentioned in the upcoming 4.1 build, or is it too early yet?

Also not sure if you can answer this, but currently the Rift authenticator only supports one account. Any suggestions for players with multiple accounts wanting to have an authenticator, but have only one device for it?

To the best of my knowledge, improved tools to combat malicious users are introduced with this build. As for the authenticator, sounds like an important update for us to make.

Scapes
06-30-2014, 08:38 PM
will u do CB giveaway or just Send us CB inventions
And when that will be?!?!?!?!!?

We'll be hosting invite giveaways in the coming weeks

See above.

Chaosx
06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions Scapes! Really appreciate it. And that would be awesome if the authenticator could be updated to include multiple accounts.

Any plans to consider offering Alpha founder players a beta key to pass to a friend in order to play with a buddy during beta? Like a "buddy pass"?

Also, is it too soon in the game's development to ask if Trion plans to have a referral reward system in place for AA, similar to Rift's "ascend a Friend (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/991/~/ascend-a-friend)" program?

Exorbiant
06-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Sounds good ;]

HolyAvengerOne
06-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Yes! We're working to make it so that players will be able to pre-download the Beta client before the servers open. More on this as we get closer to the start of Beta.

-4 days access? XD

HolyAvengerOne
06-30-2014, 09:02 PM
[...lots of stuffs...]

Thanks Scapes :)

A few questions, if I may :

a) Will you guys be discussing further the "16k banned accounts" or will you not?
b) Will Trion be discussing the extent of the customization and customizability of the localized version of the game vs. what XL games is doing? (i.e. can we know what you're changing and what's in your power to change/balance?)
c) Do we get to buy those awesome green AA tees or what =D

Thanks again!

Lelouch
06-30-2014, 09:38 PM
sorry if this will sound dumb but what exactly are the benefits of practicing the events? I mean, knowing theres going to be a wipe means nothing valuable could be earned through the beta events what will makes players actually wish much to take part in them ^^ ?

also by saying omega and alpha will have the korea version of patch 1.2 does it mean alpha and omega will have lvl 55 cap? and lvl 55 skills ? ty

tmncu
06-30-2014, 09:47 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/aep0zp.jpg

Tenziri
06-30-2014, 09:54 PM
sorry if this will sound dumb but what exactly are the benefits of practicing the events? I mean, knowing theres going to be a wipe means nothing valuable could be earned through the beta events what will makes players actually wish much to take part in them ^^ ?

also by saying omega and alpha will have the korea version of patch 1.2 does it mean alpha and omega will have lvl 55 cap? and lvl 55 skills ? ty

Level 55 will not be avaible during this patch they have stated once launch happens andpeople are in need of more content they will turn that stuff online in the future when people are ready for it. But will not be apart of alpha or betas

Chaosx
06-30-2014, 10:03 PM
sorry if this will sound dumb but what exactly are the benefits of practicing the events?
Maybe this will help explain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_testing#Beta_testing

The software is released to groups of people so that further testing can ensure the product has few faults or bugs. Sometimes, beta versions are made available to the open public to increase the feedback field to a maximal number of future users

I mean, knowing theres going to be a wipe means nothing valuable could be earned through the beta events what will makes players actually wish much to take part in them ^^ ? You are looking at it only from what appears to be an entitled players perspective. Beta testing isn't meant to reward testers. They aren't having beta events just to "practice". Being a beta tester is a privilege. You have the opportunity to help shape the game in it's early stages, and help the developer's and publisher's create content you want to see in their game. You also have the opportunity to help find identify the bugs and problems in the program before it goes to launch, which many people enjoy doing.

DesertYeti
06-30-2014, 10:12 PM
@Scapes and devs:

Will we have to delete and reinstall AA for the release of 1.2 this week or will it just patch on to our existing install? If we do, will we get it early enough for those of us that don't have superfast internet to get it downloaded in time for server opening?

Tenziri
06-30-2014, 10:19 PM
@Scapes and devs:

Will we have to delete and reinstall AA for the release of 1.2 this week or will it just patch on to our existing install? If we do, will we get it early enough for those of us that don't have superfast internet to get it downloaded in time for server opening?
Glyph client will download it buut it will be the full client again it will replace the existing filees

Malari
06-30-2014, 10:24 PM
So Omega and Alpha will be having two different versions? O.o

DesertYeti
06-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Glyph client will download it buut it will be the full client again it will replace the existing filees

Thank you Tenziri, know I had read something similar to that somewhere but could not find it.

DesertYeti
06-30-2014, 10:35 PM

No, they should both be the same version.

Cersei
06-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Can you clarify when excatly the patch hits the servers? Today, Tomorrow, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday? :) really cant wait and im so happy this patch is finaly coming. I just hope you put all the great thing in it, and take out all the bad things from Patch 1.0...

Chaosx
06-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Can you clarify when excatly the patch hits the servers? Today, Tomorrow, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday? :) really cant wait and im so happy this patch is finaly coming. I just hope you put all the great thing in it, and take out all the bad things from Patch 1.0...

I asked this during the livestream, the most they could narrow down the date for now was "Not Monday, not Friday, but some day inbetween".

Cersei
06-30-2014, 11:10 PM
I asked this during the livestream, the most they could narrow down the date for now was "Not Monday, not Friday, but some day inbetween".

ok but anyway that sounds great :) hopfully we can all play this weekend with the new version 1.2^^

Chaosx
06-30-2014, 11:11 PM
ok but anyway that sounds great :) hopfully we can all play this weekend with the new version 1.2^^

I hope so too!

Artemis
06-30-2014, 11:31 PM
hello scapes glad to hear that information, and would trion combine cbt event and obt event together? so they can release the game as soon as possible? or they just split it and take much longer time to release?

*sorry my english isnt that good

Tais
07-01-2014, 12:34 AM
A shame that the ping friendly skill adjustments could not make it in.

Cyndir
07-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Are y'all gonna put the "fence" lines in that will prevent farms being placed in the middle of the merchant/crafting areas?

Aman
07-01-2014, 01:09 AM
I don't want to make a fuss out of it but will the Omega Server go live during North America peak hours or some compromise for both North Americans and Europeans?

A simple Yes/No will do.

Thanks

ComeWithMe
07-01-2014, 01:16 AM
An all-access Open Beta phase will follow these events, after which we'll wipe the servers of all progress and data to begin Head Start and launch later this year.

Is this mean that we will not get any progress saved from Alpha to PTS or any other form? I think I will express desire of any alpha player if I`ll say: please save us at least into PTS, but preferably save us totally in our own server. It`s one thing to test things and just run around for short time, and it is all another thing spending 150$+ for game and playing for months. Due to very long time of alpha phase, many of us feel attached to our chars, houses and farm places and it`s very sad to being forced to start all over again, or not being rewarded with some kind of saved progress. Yes, I know we all will get special ingame titles and some cash for ingame shop, but is it really mutch to ask: Please save us. Somehow. Somewhere.

meaning
07-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Will it be possible to send mails (maybe even whispers) accross different servers on release (maybe even from alpha to omega already)?

appreciate the information

Chaosx
07-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Is this mean that we will not get any progress saved from Alpha to PTS or any other form?

already answered in the FAQ http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/

Q:Will my Alpha progress carry over to Beta or Live servers?
A: As it is a dedicated testing environment, Alpha progress may carry over to a Public Test Server, but it will not carry over to Beta and the Live launch servers. Alpha and the eventual Test server exist in parallel with Beta and Live, as is commonly done in MMOs. Please treat time on Alpha as helping test and having an early experience with the game – not as progress that will be preserved.

Gank4Fun
07-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Awesome news, Scapes.
I hope the glider debuff will be a part of the 1.2 package.
Nobody will run away from my ganking pleasure :D

Kriptini
07-01-2014, 02:51 AM
I don't want to make a fuss out of it but will the Omega Server go live during North America peak hours or some compromise for both North Americans and Europeans?

A simple Yes/No will do.

Thanks

My guess is that it's going to go live as soon as the patch goes in, which Trion generally likes to do at about 8am Pacific time. Assuming they finish by noon at the latest, that means the Omega server would go live at around 7pm Greenwich time.

Again, this is assuming that the Omega server goes live with the patch. That may not be that actual case.

IKShadow
07-01-2014, 03:27 AM
Iam worried about this part:

An all-access Open Beta phase will follow these events, after which we’ll wipe the servers of all progress and data to begin Head Start and launch later this year.
Any chance we get estimated date eg at least month.

I wonder what are the chances Archeage being released in mid to late September.

thejoda
07-01-2014, 03:54 AM
It will be an xmas launch. ...for some reason they want to drag tail.

thejoda
07-01-2014, 04:04 AM
..Honestly too, why relaunch alpha? We tested the base system and localization. This "so called new version" should be launched in beta so we can have some forward progress. Since "betas" are for testing "new patches or changes" also. Why drag this process out for as long as possible? What can a second alpha server which progress won't be kept in beta prove at this point??

ComeWithMe
07-01-2014, 04:18 AM
Alpha progress may carry over to a Public Test Server

This is not an answer. Word "may" is not the same as "it will". If you will see any answer, let me know, because it`s so obvious that I cannot read and search myself. Anyway you missed my point totally, we dont feel anymore like testers, due to really long playing time, and incoming few more months of 1.2 testing, then closed beta that will be wiped, open beta, that is promised to be wiped (nobody get`s why), and ect. I dont think many people who is already playing will be staying in fall (it is obvious that way more people will come to so it`s called "free-to-play", and it would be "not fair" to those, who didnt pay 150$ to not give them some time to "test" the game, or... is it fair?), specially with many more simuliar projects coming (BlackDesert for example), simply because it`s taking too long. Saving our progress MAY (nice word ahh?) help us mentally to stay in ArcheAge and dont feel like we just wasted half year playing (not testing as it feels!) something that is getting wiped.

Jormie
07-01-2014, 04:29 AM

So are you backing away from Firecait's statement during the last livestream (or the one before that) that it would not be up 24/7 for regular play?

Poppaea
07-01-2014, 04:59 AM
Dang... after I hit submit I realized I wrote a lot. sry.

We're working to make it so that players will be able to pre-download the Beta client before the servers open. More on this as we get closer to the start of Beta.

But what about 1.2/4.1? I expect that to take several hours to download. When can we start?

Glyph client will download it buut it will be the full client again it will replace the existing filees Is it already on Glyph?

Any plans to consider offering Alpha founder players a beta key to pass to a friend in order to play with a buddy during beta? Like a "buddy pass"?
They probably are going to wait it out and see if it even makes sense to do it. They probably have so much demand to get into beta that it would make more sense to give keys out to ppl who signed up to the list months ago. Just speculation.

b) Will Trion be discussing the extent of the customization of the localized version of the game
They mentioned in the last livestream they would dedicate time in the next few livestreams to get us up to date on what is in 1.2. So I would look forward to those. Also the patch notes might help when those come up.

hello scapes glad to hear that information, and would trion combine cbt event and obt event together? so they can release the game as soon as possible? or they just split it and take much longer time to release?
CBT and OBT are different things. So no I wouldn't expect them to get rid of one. If they did they wouldn't be following standard practice and would be rushing things. The amount of time spent on CBT/OBT is to be seen however so it may not be that long.

.Honestly too, why relaunch alpha?
They have answered this already. In this thread even. So they can get a clean environment to test pure 1.2 players/progress. Also they know a lot of folks will be willing to test on the server. So it makes sense. Its for testing! Remember that! It's not about keeping progress. And you don't want to start beta with a huge patch that hasn't been played buy the alpha players. You want to make sure its good before you show your undies to the world.

Word "may" is not the same as "it will".
May not have same meaning, but it is an answer. But I think you are going about it wrong. You are testing. That is all. Even if the character is saved for the PTS it doesn't mean the server will be up much at all. So get used to the idea that you are merely testing right now. Save screenshots of your house and outfits so you'll always remember them. Alpha is for testing and that has never changed.

So are you backing away from Firecait's statement during the last livestream (or the one before that) that it would not be up 24/7 for regular play?
Not really. It won't be needed most of the time 24/7. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were periods it was up for weeks at a time. That's just how it goes. One thing that is for certain is the PTS isn't intended to be your main server. So you can't complain if it is down. There intention isn't to have ppl primarly play there.

Alcatroz
07-01-2014, 05:04 AM
I expect this game to be released somewhere in late august , mid September.

Anyway we'll see!

Poppaea
07-01-2014, 05:15 AM
I expect this game to be released somewhere in late august , mid September.

You betting Gilda?

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 05:40 AM
Another wipe post OPEN Beta?
Are you serious?
A lot of people is bored about playing contents that will be deleted in the future, and then you wanna we play the OB awaiting for another progress loss?

Tenziri
07-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Are you serious?
A lot of people is bored about playing contents that will be deleted in the future, and then you wanna we play the OB awaiting for another progress loss?

if you have a problem with that then don't play them its that simple. launch/headstart(for founders) is around the corner. suck it up
closed beta is a short phase, same as open beta. there really isnt a big deal

Is it already on Glyph?

for alpha testers it is. beta testers will get it when beta comes out.

thejoda
07-01-2014, 05:50 AM
Dang... after I hit submit I realized I wrote a lot. sry.

But what about 1.2/4.1? I expect that to take several hours to download. When can we start?

Is it already on Glyph?

They probably are going to wait it out and see if it even makes sense to do it. They probably have so much demand to get into beta that it would make more sense to give keys out to ppl who signed up to the list months ago. Just speculation.

They mentioned in the last livestream they would dedicate time in the next few livestreams to get us up to date on what is in 1.2. So I would look forward to those. Also the patch notes might help when those come up.

CBT and OBT are different things. So no I wouldn't expect them to get rid of one. If they did they wouldn't be following standard practice and would be rushing things. The amount of time spent on CBT/OBT is to be seen however so it may not be that long.

They have answered this already. In this thread even. So they can get a clean environment to test pure 1.2 players/progress. Also they know a lot of folks will be willing to test on the server. So it makes sense. Its for testing! Remember that! It's not about keeping progress. And you don't want to start beta with a huge patch that hasn't been played buy the alpha players. You want to make sure its good before you show your undies to the world.

May not have same meaning, but it is an answer. But I think you are going about it wrong. You are testing. That is all. Even if the character is saved for the PTS it doesn't mean the server will be up much at all. So get used to the idea that you are merely testing right now. Save screenshots of your house and outfits so you'll always remember them. Alpha is for testing and that has never changed.

Not really. It won't be needed most of the time 24/7. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were periods it was up for weeks at a time. That's just how it goes. One thing that is for certain is the PTS isn't intended to be your main server. So you can't complain if it is down. There intention isn't to have ppl primarly play there.

Thanks for the recap...do you lead blind sheep in your time off??

Merzhinhudour
07-01-2014, 05:53 AM
Good news, hope I'll have the chance to try the game.

Poppaea
07-01-2014, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the recap...do you lead blind sheep in your time off??

Only on Tuesdays :)

Starcream
07-01-2014, 06:00 AM
We have to thank not wait to get the game to be released! I hope I have the luck to get a key for the closed beta! ;)

Poppaea
07-01-2014, 06:01 AM
for alpha testers it is. beta testers will get it when beta comes out.

Sorry I mean 1.2/4.1. I logged into glyph and didn't see any update so I'm thinking the update isn't there yet.

HatoriHanzo
07-01-2014, 06:25 AM
Only late July?

Goodbye my vacation ...

:(

Vadian
07-01-2014, 06:27 AM
Cant wait for beta and even more so release

SamBR
07-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Its a sad day. I will wait for Archeage playing swordsman...

Tenziri
07-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Sorry I mean 1.2/4.1. I logged into glyph and didn't see any update so I'm thinking the update isn't there yet.

ah! not atm wait for announcement

Matheus Ferreira
07-01-2014, 07:50 AM
When will you have an update to correct the skills depending on ping? This is a disadvantage in pvp to other countries, in Russian, a system of spells that do not need to have high ping, quickshot example of which 4 are launched in one click is used.

Disco
07-01-2014, 07:54 AM
..Honestly too, why relaunch alpha? We tested the base system and localization. This "so called new version" should be launched in beta so we can have some forward progress. Since "betas" are for testing "new patches or changes" also. Why drag this process out for as long as possible? What can a second alpha server which progress won't be kept in beta prove at this point??
Ok real talk, alpha is for selling alpha packs and testing the local version. Beta won't be testing anything but server stability for the future live servers. A new alpha server gives a fresh data pool of how things work with the 1.2 build as well as fresh land to grab for those constantly crying about no land available.

I'm actually surprised they committed to july beta. I hope that happens, but the fact that they have to wait on another built makes that iffy. People talking about august/september launch need to join us here on planet earth. I'm pretty sure they plan on more than one closed beta event and they won't run back to back. Maybe if we are lucky we can sit at the thanksgiving dinner table and give thanks for AA open beta.

Eliina
07-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Sounds good, excited to try it out :)

Thanks for the update!

Puremallace
07-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Any plans for Coin Lock in ArcheAge? Judging by Alpha it is seriously needed.

Nezo
07-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Take as long as you need. I'd rather wait for a polished game than a rushed clusterf*ck of problems.

Jormie
07-01-2014, 09:29 AM

While there is very little else that we tend to agree on THIS we are 100% in lock step on. ;)

WNxArcticwolf
07-01-2014, 09:47 AM
When will you have an update to correct the skills depending on ping? This is a disadvantage in pvp to other countries, in Russian, a system of spells that do not need to have high ping, quickshot example of which 4 are launched in one click is used.

That will be fixed before or during beta or release. but a fix is coming for it.

Southernstar71
07-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Ok real talk, alpha is for selling alpha packs and testing the local version. Beta won't be testing anything but server stability for the future live servers. A new alpha server gives a fresh data pool of how things work with the 1.2 build as well as fresh land to grab for those constantly crying about no land available.

I'm actually surprised they committed to july beta. I hope that happens, but the fact that they have to wait on another built makes that iffy. People talking about august/september launch need to join us here on planet earth. I'm pretty sure they plan on more than one closed beta event and they won't run back to back. Maybe if we are lucky we can sit at the thanksgiving dinner table and give thanks for AA open beta.

Unless something is really wrong with 1.2 the only changes for the Closed Beta version is more of the Korean being translated into English and the version specific changes that they should have had ready for 1.0.

Meowsiku
07-01-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure i read the article right. Could someone clear it up. Closed beta events will start mid july and only last for a week or so....does this mean open beta is coming in early august? if possible can i get a reply via email @ grifbarrelroll@hotmail.com ....I'm actually kinda freaking out over this and I don't get the chance to check forums that much.

Eilios
07-01-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm really confused on exactly why we're getting 2 different 1.2 updates. The newest of the 1.2 is all the fixes Trion has encouraged XL Games to do based off of us and what they know will work in NA/EU, so why are we even bothering to test the one w/o those updates? All it's going to do is give a huge amount of horrible feedback on things that are already going to change when the next 1.2 comes in. Granted, there are other things and stuff, but the main "issues" brough up and XL agreed to change for us are already going to be done, so why not test only that, and not the stuff that is going to get changed?

Only reasons that come to mind are they're just passing the update to pass it, or the things to change that were "set in stone" to change from 1.0 are in fact not "set in stone" and require feedback first (which I hope it's not the latter because that means XL isn't even working on them yet until enough feedback is given). There just isn't much of a reason to test only a partially finished patch. Where does that make sense at all?

... and is just going to create more negativity and "dumb questions" that have already been answered 1000 times in the community.

Tuzzee
07-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Will people be able to download the game early, So that it is ready to be played when the beta and alpha launches?

Einzbern
07-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Two questions:
1. I think I remember it being stated in one of the live streams that the 1.2 alpha build will need to be downloaded from scratch, and we can't use the current alpha install. Is this still true?
2. I also think I remember hearing in one of the live streams that the beta and alpha will be separate installs. Later in that stream, I think it was also stated that alpha will need a completely new install for the 1.2 patch. Will we still need a second install for the beta, even with the 1.2 alpha client?

Rico
07-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Due to our hurry to get feedback from players on how the gameplay feels, it will not contain the Trion-specific game changes mentioned previously on the forums (such as Gilda Star rewards for international trade routes).
So when can we expect these Trion-specific game changes to pop in then?
You'll probably rub a lot of players (not me as I currently have no need for them for the time being) the wrong way till atleast the Gilda Star change has been implemented.

Also: Founder packs page states we'd get Refined Hereafter Stones. Since they're being removed from the game (and existing ones converted to 3 Hereafter Stone per 1 Refined Hereafter Stone) will you update the founder packs page anytime soon?

Two questions:
1. I think I remember it being stated in one of the live streams that the 1.2 alpha build will need to be downloaded from scratch, and we can't use the current alpha install. Is this still true?
Think this was the case indeed. We'd also be able to download it some time in advance so we could log in and play the moment maintenance was done and the servers would come online.

2. I also think I remember hearing in one of the live streams that the beta and alpha will be separate installs. Later in that stream, I think it was also stated that alpha will need a completely new install for the 1.2 patch. Will we still need a second install for the beta, even with the 1.2 alpha client?
Heard this too so I assume that's still the case (till we're told otherwise atleast).

Nueshak
07-01-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure i read the article right. Could someone clear it up. Closed beta events will start mid july and only last for a week or so....does this mean open beta is coming in early august? if possible can i get a reply via email @ grifbarrelroll@hotmail.com ....I'm actually kinda freaking out over this and I don't get the chance to check forums that much.

Calm down son, it is only a game. Also...I suggest not putting your email in a public forum.

Azathoth
07-01-2014, 12:47 PM
This is the first time I've heard of a wipe post-OBT. I really hope it's true that OBT is as short as someone on here made it seem to be... I play for progress... and having that progress erased is a downer.

Megadone
07-01-2014, 12:49 PM
This is the first time I've heard of a wipe post-OBT. I really hope it's true that OBT is as short as someone on here made it seem to be... I play for progress... and having that progress erased is a downer.

then your not understanding what the *T* stands in AT/CBT/OBT.... let me tell you... *testing*... and first time hearing about it? lol come on do better... 99% of MMO will wipe after OBT, it's to offer clean and fair environment.

Sajiri
07-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Thankyou for the update Scapes :) I have been waiting for the 1.2 patch to come in to go back to playing and it will be good to get in on the Omega server, I started late compared to other alpha testers so everyone around me already seemed to be lvl 50.

It's 3-5 day events, not total. The CBT will be up for a few days, then be taken down so Trion can review the test data and feedback, do it's adjustments, then put them back up again for another few days.

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 01:14 PM
then your not understanding what the *T* stands in AT/CBT/OBT.... let me tell you... *testing*... and first time hearing about it? lol come on do better... 99% of MMO will wipe after OBT, it's to offer clean and fair environment.

Bro i paid 130 Euros for gain infoes and game mechanics knownledge in advantage before to all the freeplayers cuz of the competitive side of the game. Now they said me the freeplayers will have their infoes in OBT for free. Where is the prize for the cores players who paid 130 euro for the AT?A good pieces of the fund for make this game go out come from there.
You think me so stupid i wanted to pay all that money just to have the honor to help the Trion Good guys eh?

They never spoken about Post-OBT wipe and in major part of F2P games there was no wipe after a OB. Which F2P MMO games have you played bro?

Megadone
07-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Bro i paid 130 Euros for gain infoes and game mechanics knownledge before to all the freeplayers. Now they said me the free player will have their infoes in OBT for free. Who is the prize for the cores who paid 130 euro for the AT? You think me so stupid i wanted to pay all that money just to have the honor to help the Trion Good guys eh?

That's what Alpha is... it's helping the developer.. in this case a publisher fine tweek and test stuff... next time before you buy something, first educate your self what THAT IS, you got exactly what the details of packages say's, now deal with it, it's your fault for expecting some kind of huge advantage over everybody els, you get a 4 day start, just you and other Alpha testers, so take it or move on.

Poppaea
07-01-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure there is enough in this game that people who play the beta tests still won't learn everything in the time allotted...so I still think alpha testers will have a huge advantage when it comes to knowledge.

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 01:30 PM
That's what Alpha is... it's helping the developer.. in this case a publisher fine tweek and test stuff... next time before you buy something, first educate your self what THAT IS, you got exactly what the details of packages say's, now deal with it, it's your fault for expecting some kind of huge advantage over everybody els, you get a 4 day start, just you and other Alpha testers, so take it or move on.

Who are you to tell me to move on? ♥♥♥♥.
I wanna know why they didnt tell us first about a Post-OBT wipe. And that this is so common in MMOs is just your imagination. In Free to play MMOs OBT wipes are very rare. So stfu.

Megadone
07-01-2014, 01:31 PM
lmao! that's the only comment I have on that and I'm done with you, safe travels.

Blue
07-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Who are you to tell me to move on? ♥♥♥♥.
I wanna know why they didnt tell us first about a Post-OBT wipe. And that this is so common in MMOs is just your imagination. In Free to play MMOs OBT wipes are very rare. So stfu.

The first week the forum went live.. They said that the game would be wiped after OBT..

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 02:10 PM
The first week the forum went live.. They said that the game would be wiped after OBT..

Link plz

I tried to find it but without succes

Chaosx
07-01-2014, 02:15 PM
1)
This is not an answer. Word "may" is not the same as "it will".

That's the best and only answer they are able to give us at this point, until they have more information. We will just have to be patient until they share some updates with us.

2)
Are you serious?

You should really read the FAQ section of the website:

Q: Will my Alpha progress carry over to Beta or Live servers?
A: As it is a dedicated testing environment, Alpha progress may carry over to a Public Test Server, but it will not carry over to Beta and the Live launch servers. Alpha and the eventual Test server exist in parallel with Beta and Live, as is commonly done in MMOs. Please treat time on Alpha as helping test and having an early experience with the game – not as progress that will be preserved.

Source : http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/\

3)

Asked and answered already

Ping-based skills are being fixed to not be ping-based before launch.

4)
I'm really confused on exactly why we're getting 2 different 1.2 updates. .

First (and next) patch = KR AA patch version 1.2. Patch after that = customized content changes for NA requested by Trion from XL games, translations, etc.

5)
Will people be able to download the game early, So that it is ready to be played when the beta and alpha launches?

Already asked and answered, in this thread no less…

6a)

Yes

6b)

Yes

7)
The only thing left after OBT is Patron 4 day headstart and Launch…when did you expect them to wipe the servers? They have said all along:

Alpha progress may carry over to a Public Test Server, but it will not carry over to Beta and the Live launch servers.
http://www.archeagegame.com/en/faq/

Disco
07-01-2014, 02:22 PM
See this is the fault of the MMO industry and the way they do things now. Many games, especially F2P ones, beta is basically the final state of the game. Years ago the idea of paying your way into any testing was ridiculous and unheard of. Now you can buy your way into just about any phase of testing because this has become more about cash grabbing than making good games. Sure you can tell people it is their fault for not doing the research, but when every game has a different definition of what a beta is, you can't be surprised when they are confused. Most people buy into games to play them not to test them. You can't open your game to the public and not expect people to complain after you just took 150$ from them. I don't care of you call it alpha, beta, omega, zulu, or peanut butter kittens. None of it means anything any more because every game does things differently and it is more designed by business managers not game designers.

If they went back to the old ways of having people apply to be testers and then not taking money from people until the game is actually released, then it wouldn't be so confusing to people who don't spend all day researching games and reading all of the fine print through 75 pages of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on the forums.

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 02:23 PM
I read it.

"When can I play?
We are eager to bring ArcheAge to you as soon as possible! Our Alpha test is underway (and you can get access with the Archeum Founder’s Pack!), then onward to Beta with launch coming in 2014. Sign up for Beta and for the latest ArcheAge news, keep an eye on our forums and follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
What is Alpha and Beta?
The 24/7 private Alpha test helps us validate both gameplay and technology while building up the initial community of experts who are willing to share their experiences with others. ArcheAge will have a series of Beta Events before launch. These events will give you a chance to see the game and will also serve as a test of our servers and the service integrations that we’ve made between ArcheAge and our systems.
How do I get into Alpha?
Instant Alpha access is a available in the Archeum Founder’s Pack! Second to that, the best way to get into Alpha is by participating positively in the Trion Worlds ArcheAge community and sharing the news that ArcheAge is coming this year! We’re always on the lookout for folks who demonstrate their willingness to help out their fellow players by turning their interest in the game into actual actions.
You don’t have to have a fansite or a Twitch account to contribute, either! The dedicated folks who make helpful posts on the forums or are willing to bring their game expertise to our wiki are important contributors to creating a constructive grassroots ArcheAge community. In addition, there will be opportunities for Alpha invitations on our live streams, forums, and social media channels to make sure everyone gets a chance. For instance, we’ve randomly awarded invites to active viewers of our Twitch channel when ArcheAge is being demonstrated!
You’ll also want to make sure that you’re signed up for Beta and opted in for our ArcheAge emails as well to make sure you get the latest information and invitations.
When is Beta?
The ArcheAge Closed Beta will be a series of events running over the coming months leading up to Open Beta. Closed Beta Events will be invite-only while Open Beta will not require an invitation. Further details and dates will be announced soon.
How do I get into Beta?
All of our Founder’s Packs include access to any upcoming Beta Events. That said, we’re making sure that there are a number of different ways to get Beta access. If you’re in Alpha, you are automatically included in all Beta Events. You can sign up for a chance to get into a Beta Event at ArcheAge.TrionWorlds.com. We’ll also have contests on our forums, giveaways on our social media channels, and more! There will be lots of ways for people to get into Beta Events. Don’t want to leave your Beta access to chance? We’ll also be offering founder packs that will grant access to Beta Events in addition to other benefits for being an early ArcheAge fan!
Are there going to be Founder’s Packs?
Yes, and they’re now available!
Is there going to be a Patron Program (VIP Subscriptions) like RIFT?
We have gotten great feedback from our RIFT players on the inclusion of the Patron Program. It’s important to us that, as much as possible, Patron benefits add to your fun but are not required to play the game. We are adopting the essence of RIFT’s “No Tricks, No Traps” approach, while balancing the unique concerns of an open-world sandbox game! For players who want to get a little extra out of the game, or who wish to support Trion Worlds, the Patron Program will be available. For those who wish to gain VIP benefits while remaining free, we are also hoping to support earning Patron status via in-game methods similar to how REX works in RIFT. We’ll be announcing the details in the weeks to come!"

This is the section about Beta & Alpha. I cannot find the part where they yell there will be a post open beta wipe.....

Im happy about helping and giving my feedback about the game. But in 90% of the f2p mmos i had played OBT have not a wipe. So i find this so strange that is all

Blue
07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Link plz

I tried to find it but without succes

Sure,
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?721-will-experience-carry-over&
+
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?4028-Wipe/page3&highlight=Open+beta

Chaosx
07-01-2014, 02:34 PM
I read it.

This is the section about Beta & Alpha. I cannot find the part where they yell there will be a post open beta wipe.....

Im happy about helping and giving my feedback about the game. But in 90% of the f2p mmos i had played OBT have not a wipe. So i find this so strange that is all

You didn't answer my question, so once again I will ask you...when did you expect them to wipe the servers? Never?

Megadone
07-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I read it.

still trying to sell something as everybody here was a 5 year old? common LIST your 90% with no wipe, let me guess can't remember,... unless 90% means 2 games... cuz simple fact is alpa/beta is always wiped, just cuz you CLAIM it's not, doesn't mean it's fact.

how about this, go to 10 most popular GAMING sites, and ask them for info, I can guarantee that your so called 90% would be the opposite of what actually is and any person who has actually been in alpha/beta several times knows this.

your ranting about something which YOU consider injustice eaven tho it's not, it's common practice as well as common sense.

@Disco

all true, problem with old days is, actually same as know apart from the money part... ppl sign up for *testing* a game and then end up PLAYING it as if it was the final product, and then ranting and complaining starts eaven thoe they don't help the company improve the game, I do agree that sometimes both developers and publishers push it to much, so on and so fort, but then again we make a choice to stay or leave, to pay or not... so in the end, our decisions are what eather bites us in the back end, or puts a smile on our faces.

@Chaosx

that would be my guess, he all so claims wipe is a new thing *if I can say that* so...

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 02:49 PM
You didn't answer my question, so once again I will ask you...when did you expect them to wipe the servers? Never?

Before Open. Are you stupid? Open Beta in lots of MMOS is a pre-launch and for this reason it oft is not wiped.
I just didnt find the infoes about post-obt wipe.
After 5k post Blue was so gentle to link me 2 anonimous topic with a reply by Scapes that give that info. So excuse me if didint get that the obt will be wiped.
I thought the wipe will be before OB and the head start will be the firsts days of the OB with no wipe. That is all.

Megadone
07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Open Beta in lots of MMOS is a pre-launch and for this reason it oft is not wiped.

WRONG, post title of games, then compare that number to the number of games with a wipe(the normal way) and lets see, all so where is your info coming from?

Chaosx
07-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Before Open. Are you stupid?
I asked you a simple question, you do not need to respond with insults.

Open Beta in lots of MMOS is a pre-launch and for this reason it oft is not wiped.

Please list these MMO's that you say didn't wipe Beta, since I am not aware of a single MMO that hasn't wiped beta before going live, I would be interested in seeing this information.

Scapes
07-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I thought the wipe will be before OB and the head start will be the firsts days of the OB with no wipe. That is all.

We will wipe all progress from the Beta servers after Open Beta and before Head Start.

Chaosx
07-01-2014, 03:00 PM
@Scapes

Also, is it too soon in the game's development to ask if Trion plans to have a referral reward system in place for AA, similar to Rift's "ascend a Friend" program?

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 03:01 PM
My infoes come from my personal experience but i have played major parto of F2P and not Fremium or B2P.

Perfect World is an example. The open beta gone live and no wipe was done.

I asked you a simple question, you do not need to respond with insults.

Please list these MMO's that you say didn't wipe Beta, since I am not aware of a single MMO that hasn't wiped beta before going live, I would be interested in seeing this information.

I replied you in that way, cuz with your question you are assuming that I am the stupid. So dont feel so bad about it.

Chaosx
07-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Perfect World is an example. The open beta gone live and no wipe was done.

Ok that's one example, and thanks for that, I wasn't aware. You did however say "LOTS". Can you name more then one MMO that didn't wipe Beta? Or did you perhaps exaggerate?

Disco
07-01-2014, 03:08 PM

Neverwinter and firefall to name a couple from the past year alone. Many MMO's do not wipe progress once they go into open beta since they have the cash shop open. I just consider open beta as release in those games. That is the problem this industry is full of marking, PR, and word game ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ which confuses people.

Megadone
07-01-2014, 03:12 PM
dude, I played almost any *decent* F2P out there, including PW... true I wasn't in beta there but considering your whole FACT about MMO world is from there, you should all so know that PW's BETA was just in-name... it was not an actuall beta... all they did was stress test the servers and after that removed the *BETA* from name and that's it...

in reality that is all so know as a *soft-launch*, no matter how you name it, I strongly suggest not taking 1 experiance or rather 1 MMO for a basis for everything, so you know in future... when there is an actual BETA happening, doesn't matter if it's CBT or OBT... wipe does happen, period.

hope that clears everything, and ty to Scapes for posting about wipe in AA, hopefully ppl don't rant or ask about it from now on...

EDIT:
same goes for NW, where I actually was in BETA, soft-launch and unfortunatly it's not really a F2P, more like P2W, had high hopes for it considering the PC single player NW 2 was amazing, NW online failed flat for me.

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Ok that's one example, and thanks for that, I wasn't aware. You did however say "LOTS". Can you name more then one MMO that didn't wipe Beta? Or did you perhaps exaggerate?

Archeage Rus is another example is open beta but there will not be a wipe i think, you pay the premium there.i think nobody will pay item shop with a wipe in the plans.
Allods Online was same way OBT was not wiped.
Ether Saga, Forsaken World ,I didint remember for sure but Rune of magic was one of them

And with this im not ranting or asking for something do not wipe. Im upset that infos was not in the FAQs. Ill wait for the head start like alls dont worry =D.

Chaosx
07-01-2014, 03:15 PM
I replied you in that way, cuz with your question you are assuming that I am the stupid. So dont feel so bad about it.

If that's how you interpreted my question, then I apologize, that's not the way I meant it, and I do not assume you are "the stupid". I legitimately wanted to know when you expected the servers to be wiped. Again, there is no need to be rude about it.

Neverwinter and firefall to name a couple from the past year alone.

Archeage Rus is another example is open beta but there will not be a wipe i think, you pay the premium there.i think nobody will pay item shop with a wipe in the plans.
Allods Online was same way OBT was not wiped.
Ether Saga, Forsaken World ,I didint remember for sure but Rune of magic was one of them
OK, thank you for providing these examples, I had never heard of a beta not being wiped before.

Megadone
07-01-2014, 03:19 PM
all games metioned(aside from Firefall, not on my radar), are soft-launches and reason for no wipe is cuz of the in-game shop beeing so called *buy and keep in beta*... again there are xxxxxxxx mmo out there and you can do your best to find an actuall beta game and I promise you, the number your hoping to find will not happen...

wipe before launch = most mmo do it and will keep doing it's a smart policy

EDIT:
so there is no confusion, yes there is a diference betwin a soft launch and beta, look it up

DaYeL
07-01-2014, 03:26 PM
all games metioned(aside from Firefall, not on my radar), are soft-launches and reason for no wipe is cuz of the in-game shop beeing so called *buy and keep in beta*... again there are xxxxxxxx mmo out there and you can do your best to find an actuall beta game and I promise you, the number your hoping to find will not happen...

wipe before launch = most mmo do it and will keep doing it's a smart policy

EDIT:
so there is no confusion, yes there is a diference betwin a soft launch and beta, look it up

You are calling them soft launch bro. These game devs called it OB. That in the facts they were soft launchs it can be the truth. But the Game designer called it Open Betas for stress testing the servers.

Megadone
07-01-2014, 03:34 PM
A valid point, the reason why there is a fuss about it is simple, you said 90% of mmo's don't wipe... sorry man, that's just not correct, even if you count the soft-launches of games an actual beta(which is not) the numbers would still be small compared to what actually happens, and that's my point.

So just keep that in mind for any future alpha/beta's you play.

Meowsiku
07-01-2014, 03:34 PM
It's 3-5 day events, not total. The CBT will be up for a few days, then be taken down so Trion can review the test data and feedback, do it's adjustments, then put them back up again for another few days.

Soooo...CBT is only going to be a week or two long? That's not really worth 50-100 dollars...I could have used that money for bills :( ...I mean sure I could get a lil bit of game money but I don't even know if I'll be home during those events...

Chaosx
07-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Soooo...CBT is only going to be a week or two long? That's not really worth 50-100 dollars...I could have used that money for bills :( ...I mean sure I could get a lil bit of game money but I don't even know if I'll be home during those events...

He said event(s), as in plural. There will be several Closed Beta events, and potentially several OPEN beta events, so it's well worth the money at this point.

Mauldin
07-01-2014, 03:37 PM
When a game fails open beta turns into launch.

Mauldin
07-01-2014, 03:42 PM
In order to get populations to the live servers they will need to shut down the Alpha and Omega for a while.

If we all keep playing Alpha and Omega during the 1st LBE preventing getting needed data they will need to shut down A & O during subsequent CBT events.
On the data getting theory, it could be best to wipe the Alpha server now. But, there won't be a wipe of the Alpha server, and CBT started in June, right?

Southernstar71
07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Mauldin, I think you know CBT hasn't started yet. The new target date is mid to late July with them hoping to keep it to mid July.

Scapes
07-01-2014, 03:57 PM
@Scapes

Also, is it too soon in the game's development to ask if Trion plans to have a referral reward system in place for AA, similar to Rift's "ascend a Friend" program?

No plans for either at this time.

Southernstar71
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
@Scapes Might we get the Omega post published here for us who don't have access to the post please...

Scapes
07-01-2014, 04:00 PM
They never spoken about Post-OBT wipe and in major part of F2P games there was no wipe after a OB.

We have definitely stated that we'll be wiping all progress after Open Beta. We've stated it as early as before the start of Alpha.

Scapes
07-01-2014, 04:01 PM
@Scapes Might we get the Omega post published here for us who don't have access to the post please...

The patch notes will be published publicly. There is no "Omega post".

WNxArcticwolf
07-01-2014, 04:02 PM
are we any closer to having the patch notes? today?

Southernstar71
07-01-2014, 04:07 PM

If we get Patch notes today it would be around 11PM eastern. If we get them tomorrow it would be around 11AM eastern.

All total guesses on my part.

Scapes
07-01-2014, 04:09 PM

We've actually completed them but postponed posting them by a minute for each post asking about them. (Actually, they're in final editing and we'll publish them the moment they're done.)

Southernstar71
07-01-2014, 04:10 PM
We've actually completed them but postponed posting them by a minute for each post asking about them. (Actually, they're in final editing and we'll publish them the moment they're done.)

Well played sir, well played.....

Scapes
07-01-2014, 04:14 PM

We're in talks with XLGames about implementing this.

When will you have an update to correct the skills depending on ping?

To be determined. However, a fix is in the works.

No.

The announcement said it plainly. We want to test a pure Version 1.2 environment before going to Beta.

Will it be possible to send mails (maybe even whispers) accross different servers on release (maybe even from alpha to omega already)?

Not at this time.

hello scapes glad to hear that information, and would trion combine cbt event and obt event together?

The two are very different test phases.

Can you clarify when excatly the patch hits the servers?

Tomorrow at 8:00 AM Pacific.

Thanks Scapes :)

A few questions, if I may :

a) Will you guys be discussing further the "16k banned accounts" or will you not?
b) Will Trion be discussing the extent of the customization and customizability of the localized version of the game vs. what XL games is doing? (i.e. can we know what you're changing and what's in your power to change/balance?)
c) Do we get to buy those awesome green AA tees or what =D

Thanks again!

a) What more need be said?
b) Our FAQ details this well.
c) We're looking into ways of selling the ArcheAge shirts.

sorry if this will sound dumb but what exactly are the benefits of practicing the events?

To make sure that the software is integrating with our hardware and systems.

Version 1.2 Build 4.1 will require a full redownload of the game client.

No.

WNxArcticwolf
07-01-2014, 04:24 PM
so the patch will come out at 4pm uk time?

Sajiri
07-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Tomorrow at 8:00 AM Pacific.

Dang it! I'll be at work ;_; It's going to be a long day...

myforumuser01
07-01-2014, 04:38 PM
after which we'll wipe the servers of all progress and data to begin Head Start and launch later this year.

Sorry if this already asked, but...

this means OBT is scheduled for November / December?

Scapes
07-01-2014, 05:00 PM
ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.1 patch notes are now live:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?14265-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.1-(7-2-14)-Patch-Notes

Megadone
07-01-2014, 05:12 PM
ty Scapes *reading...*

TwilightAngel
07-01-2014, 05:22 PM

They are wiping Alpha and CBT not OBT since in OBT everyone has access

HolyAvengerOne
07-01-2014, 05:25 PM
a) What more need be said?
b) Our FAQ details this well.
c) We're looking into ways of selling the ArcheAge shirts.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, highly appreciated :)

a) A lot of people have a hard time understanding/believing how it is possible that so many accounts were actually banned -- or actually that so many accounts are in Alpha, period. Are you clear this was only from the NA/EU Alpha held by Trion? Can you tell us a bit more what happened, and some specific numbers to support the 16k number?

b) Well it says you debate features and escalate requests/feedback with XL Games. It doesn't mention whether you control the balance "sliders" (xp rewards, hp amount, buffs/debuffs strenght, stats, etc.), money sinks/faucets, nor how much you plan or have managed to get the changes you asked for in. Will we get a detailed account of what is different between the KR version and the US one? Maybe some comparison chart of some of the key differences/similarities.

c) W00t! =D

Scapes
07-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer, highly appreciated :)

a) A lot of people have a hard time understanding/believing how it is possible that so many accounts were actually banned -- or actually that so many accounts are in Alpha, period. Are you clear this was only from the NA/EU Alpha held by Trion? Can you tell us a bit more what happened, and some specific numbers to support the 16k number?

b) Well it says you debate features and escalate requests/feedback with XL Games. It doesn't mention whether you control the balance "sliders" (xp rewards, hp amount, buffs/debuffs strenght, stats, etc.), money sinks/faucets, nor how much you plan or have managed to get the changes you asked for in. Will we get a detailed account of what is different between the KR version and the US one? Maybe some comparison chart of some of the key differences/similarities.

c) W00t! =D

Closer to 17,000 today, actually. The original article about the banning has the details on what caused those accounts to be removed from the test.

Much as the FAQ states, we work very closely with XLGames to make ArcheAge the best free-to-play sandbox MMO it can be for North America and Europe. Adjustments to individual gameplay mechanics are part of that joint process. For sample changes, we've included a brief list of western adjustments at the top of our latest patch notes: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?14265-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.1-Patch-Notes

Xaadus Creed
07-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Woot confirmed beta! All my friends are excited and can't wait lol!

Scapes
07-01-2014, 05:38 PM
They are wiping Alpha and CBT not OBT since in OBT everyone has access

Wrong. All Beta server progress is being wiped before Head Start. That includes Open Beta.

Scapes
07-01-2014, 06:28 PM

Unfortunately, our Alpha and Omega servers must come down together. However, rest assured that for live servers, we will be taking the EU servers down at an appropriate time for EU players.

lwcdr
07-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Ty, i will play with my wife. :P

Dain
07-01-2014, 07:38 PM
dude i got friends that have alienware computers and while i was talking in faction chat ingame i heard the game won't work for alienware users IS THAT TRUE?

CuddlesthePanda
07-01-2014, 07:59 PM
@Dain i dont understand anything about that lol, the brand really shouldn't matter Alienware is actually really well known for building gaming computers so it should be able to run ArcheAge just fine if it has the right specs for it. :)

Deathshades
07-01-2014, 08:39 PM
@Dain i dont understand anything about that lol, the brand really shouldn't matter Alienware is actually really well known for building gaming computers so it should be able to run ArcheAge just fine if it has the right specs for it. :)

best was tell if you run AA is go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ and see how good your pc run CRYSIS 3 as long you have min Quad core and min 4 and 4 Gs ddr3 ram or more you should be fine if video card works on that site

HolyAvengerOne
07-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Closer to 17,000 today, actually. The original article about the banning has the details on what caused those accounts to be removed from the test.

Much as the FAQ states, we work very closely with XLGames to make ArcheAge the best free-to-play sandbox MMO it can be for North America and Europe. Adjustments to individual gameplay mechanics are part of that joint process. For sample changes, we've included a brief list of western adjustments at the top of our latest patch notes: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?14265-ArcheAge-Version-1.2-Build-4.1-Patch-Notes

Ok, I understand there's only so much you guys can actually divulge about these things, no matter how inquisitive/curious minds may want to know more ;) Thanks though for the level of communication, its appreciated!

Eiz
07-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Wait the entire closed beta will be 3 to 5 days!?

MoVe
07-02-2014, 12:14 AM
we work very closely with XLGames to make ArcheAge the best free-to-play sandbox MMO it can be for North America and Europe. Adjustments to individual gameplay mechanics are part of that joint process.

In order not to make this best free to play, not A2W (afk to win). My idea is to remove bonuses of online LP. Give a small amout of LP for free players. In order not to screw economy up using alt chars with this, you should implement offline LP regen when char is 20+ or 30+ or 40+ level. What do you think guys?

And why is the auction house banned for free players? Is it for moneyz or I miss a possible issue that could occur because of this ?

Astezy
07-02-2014, 02:55 AM
I honestly don't understand the whole thing with testing... Isn't the game live in Korea and Russia? I played a bit in the russian OB this year, and as far as I remember, they said they won't be wiping OB. So why would you? Let us say that these tests are really that relevant to you guys. Where can we see what have been changed since the alpha start? I was thinking of buying the closed beta access pack, but since there is no schedule or even information of how many and how often the CB events will take place, I change my mind. I get that you make decent money from alpha and beta packs. Maybe it is part of your advertising campaing plan, who knows. But imo, we deserve more detailed information from your side.

Tritium
07-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Could you compare this toughness stuff with resilience from wow? God I hope not...

Derp
07-02-2014, 04:54 AM
In my minds "sandbox" is not limited by a set amount of LP.
So no this is not sandboxy.

Innadril
07-02-2014, 06:25 AM
When can we "redownload" the full game with 1.2? Is Trion going to give us any link or instruction?

Puremallace
07-02-2014, 06:41 AM
We're in talks with XLGames about implementing this.

To be determined. However, a fix is in the works.

Can you please let XLGames knows that most of the Traceroute pings I have done on these various gold sites are out of China and the sites I have checked are loaded with Malware keyloggers. This would go a long way in shutting down accounts that do get compromised. It did great in Rift.

Megadone
07-02-2014, 07:07 AM

no, that's for 1 CBT event, there can be 1... or 10... depends how many they need or how many they want to do...

And why is the auction house banned for free players? Is it for moneyz or I miss a possible issue that could occur because of this ?

There will be an unlock for AH in in-game store, which all F2P can buy eventually... after you unlock it, it stays unlocked, so no it's not banned for F2P.

I honestly don't understand the whole thing with testing... Isn't the game live in Korea and Russia? I played a bit in the russian OB this year, and as far as I remember, they said they won't be wiping OB. So why would you? Let us say that these tests are really that relevant to you guys. Where can we see what have been changed since the alpha start? I was thinking of buying the closed beta access pack, but since there is no schedule or even information of how many and how often the CB events will take place, I change my mind. I get that you make decent money from alpha and beta packs. Maybe it is part of your advertising campaing plan, who knows. But imo, we deserve more detailed information from your side.

every publisher has there OWNE way of doing things, just cuz somebody didn't do something, doesn't mean the next one won't... wipe is a GOOD THING. All so read all the post's in the forum as well as watch all the live streams, there is PLENTY info floating around.

When can we "redownload" the full game with 1.2? Is Trion going to give us any link or instruction?

I would think as soon as the Omega server is up and running, hopefully the client on webby is updated by then so you guys can re-download it and do some more testing :)

I think they all so said they will try and make it so you can download it before the servers get up, so you can be ready, not 100% on this thoe.

BigMac
07-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Each CB event will be 3 to 5 days. We don't know yet how many CB events there will be. For Trion's Rift it was 7 CB events.

Songtress
07-02-2014, 07:23 AM
I second this question, mostly because with the servers down for 12 hrs it'd be nice to know when I can start DLing the NEW version.

Drahmin
07-02-2014, 07:31 AM
I second this question, mostly because with the servers down for 12 hrs it'd be nice to know when I can start DLing the NEW version.

Indeed I'd like to download the new client while I sleep. I was hoping that Glyph would tell me when I could, but maybe we have to re-download and install Glyph?

Poppaea
07-02-2014, 07:42 AM
They have said you can download it when the server goes down at today for maintenence. Which should be pretty soon but I forgot the exact time. So you will have 12 hours to download it. Either server goes down in 15 minutes, or in an hour and 15 minutes. I forget. But either way it is soon.

Innadril
07-02-2014, 07:58 AM
@Scapes hear our cry, throw some light on when and how should we redownload ;_D

HyuuGakro
07-02-2014, 08:01 AM
i hope u guys give us atleast 4-5 days notice before beta since some of us take long time to download such huge sized game :p

Teryfi
07-02-2014, 08:03 AM
start the download now?

Anubisx84
07-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Should we start download new 1.2 version client?

Poppaea
07-02-2014, 08:14 AM
start the download now?
Good question. I can't tell which one is up right now LOL

I started to download again, and it was 22.4 gigs. then i decided to cancel it and close Glyph and relaunch it. Now the download is 23.1 gigs. That doesn't mean much per say but I need to get back to work so I'll just hope its the right none LOL.

Megadone
07-02-2014, 08:18 AM
new download is not ready yet, they will announce it once it is, should be soon so keep an eye on for that

nPole
07-02-2014, 08:21 AM
It's ready now apparently. You can login with Glyph and press "UPDATE" .. there was no update until then, so it makes sense.

Megadone
07-02-2014, 08:21 AM
update !!!

read this

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?14373-Amary-Archeage-Down-12-hr-Chat-Room

chespy670
07-02-2014, 09:28 AM
how big is this new update? i cant download it keeps telling me i dont have space. i have 50G free and still wont let me download it, thats 2 time what the game already is.

Vallentyne
07-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Well I'm writing this post via google translator, so forgive me.
I want to understand this we have to download the game again is that right?
Delete what we have now and download it again the site?
Thank you

Anubisx84
07-02-2014, 09:36 AM
yes, delete old game and download new :)

Megadone
07-02-2014, 09:39 AM
how big is this new update? i cant download it keeps telling me i dont have space. i have 50G free and still wont let me download it, thats 2 time what the game already is.

uninstall old and then try

Astezy
07-02-2014, 10:05 AM
All so read all the post's in the forum as well as watch all the live streams, there is PLENTY info floating around.

I am sure what you are saying is true, but I don't think it is the right way to be done.

Megadone
07-02-2014, 10:25 AM
I would think that IF they are adding every single info on changes anywhere... it would be in alpha forums and not in public

Rawrthefox
07-02-2014, 11:35 AM
@Scapes is commerce nagotiation bonus being fixed in this update? Or is commerce in any way getting any sort of bonus related to handing in packs.

Xenon
07-02-2014, 01:59 PM
HUSBANDRY
* Certain livestock now feed on Ground Grain - Hens, Geese, Ducks, Turkeys, Halcyona Chickens.

How i can feed geese to get feathers? looooo ?o

Ekron
07-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Um who does whipes after Open Beta anymore get with the times guys...but whatever just happy to hear the progress

Trekkan
07-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Um who does whipes after Open Beta anymore get with the times guys...but whatever just happy to hear the progress

Anyone with half a brain really. Just because others don't do it, doesn't mean they shouldn't just to appease the masses. Generally speaking, beta is where all sorts of nice bugs/exploits are found and keeping that player data is just stupid for... well every reason. It's called a beta for a reason and it's time more developers stopped bowing down to the masses and screwing things up because of it.

CrowScorned
07-02-2014, 06:01 PM
I don't want to delete my characters either but let's face it...they never promised, beyond all doubt, that we wouldn't lose them. It is an Alpha we paid for and its an Alpha we got. A highly pre-tested (in other global markets) Alpha sure..but an Alpha none-the-less. I don't regret spending one dollar. I love my time playing and look forward to checking out the changes and starting anew. Anyone who thinks it would have been otherwise..some basically threatening to leave if they lose their characters..oh well. MMO (or any) Alpha and Beta's are not head starts whether we paid for the time or not. They are a chance to jump in an contribute to the shaping of a virtual world that you, and hopefully many others, may call "home" at the end of it all. To help in the creation process of a potentially great game.

Hell...I'd chip in another $100 (possibly a bit more) if I could get a lifetime Patron status/subscription....and I'd still likely shop the ♥♥♥♥e out of the upcoming store. ; )

Ekron
07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Anyone with half a brain really. Just because others don't do it, doesn't mean they shouldn't just to appease the masses. Generally speaking, beta is where all sorts of nice bugs/exploits are found and keeping that player data is just stupid for... well every reason. It's called a beta for a reason and it's time more developers stopped bowing down to the masses and screwing things up because of it.

well how about that....but to reply No games do whipes after opeb beta anymore they havent for the last 5-10 years yes im right look it up

TheDeathWish
07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Just want to say impressed with the game thus far and is really an amazing game to play

@Scapes I posted before that having controller support would bring alot more players to the game for those who like that play style and i know alot was concerned with amount of functions you can do but there is lots of room for configs with a controller. I also no this was not intended in game play but at least support for controllers and other input devices would be great. Any chance of this being supported in some way? At least throw the idea out there.

Megadone
07-02-2014, 06:08 PM
well how about that....but to reply No games do whipes after opeb beta anymore they havent for the last 5-10 years yes im right look it up

your not, you look it up, hell since you metioned 5-10 years which is just funny as hell, just to mention 1 SIMPLE game which did a wipe WoT anybody? I mean come on the data you guys keep trying to sell here is just funny as ... you know what.

just cuz you know of 7 games who didn't wipe doesn't mean the rest 993 games diden't... in fact they did, YOU LOOK IT UP.

Teryfi
07-02-2014, 06:11 PM
I keep clicking my archeage icon and I know it will someday say play lol

Teryfi
07-02-2014, 06:13 PM
rift did a wipe after open beta so did swtor ,sto,aion

Ekron
07-02-2014, 06:50 PM
your not, you look it up, hell since you metioned 5-10 years which is just funny as hell, just to mention 1 SIMPLE game which did a wipe WoT anybody? I mean come on the data you guys keep trying to sell here is just funny as ... you know what.

just cuz you know of 7 games who didn't wipe doesn't mean the rest 993 games diden't... in fact they did, YOU LOOK IT UP.

ok maybe i was aff a good bit with No games but ur is even more outrageous 993 comon man and 1 thing iv played played prob 50 or so diff mmo in last 10 yr and no it is very rare to see games do a whipe after OB....CB for sure pretty much always but not OB

Ekron
07-02-2014, 06:52 PM
rift did a wipe after open beta so did swtor ,sto,aion

i was in rift CB SWTOR CB and AION and no they all roll straight from OB into Launch witch is what most mmo do now days

Megadone
07-02-2014, 06:54 PM
ok maybe i was aff a good bit with No games but ur is even more outrageous 993 comon man and 1 thing iv played played prob 50 or so diff mmo in last 10 yr and no it is very rare to see games do a whipe after OB....CB for sure pretty much aloways but not OB

your confusing a beta with a soft-launch.... this was discussed before no point in again, look it up....

Teryfi
07-02-2014, 06:54 PM
you where not there they did an open beta and then wiped then did the headstart I only used those games because I played them

bearsocks
07-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Anyone else having some severe gamer withdraws here?

Sairii
07-02-2014, 07:13 PM
i am having acute withdrawls right now lol

Lash
07-02-2014, 07:44 PM
your confusing a beta with a soft-launch.... this was discussed before no point in again, look it up....

Yeah, Ekron - Me thinks you are way off. I cannot think of a single game that did not wipe after beta. You might mean the "headstart" ??

Poppaea
07-02-2014, 07:50 PM
loggin in now

Grinchybitch
07-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Um who does whipes after Open Beta anymore get with the times guys...but whatever just happy to hear the progressUm, who does wipes after open beta anymore? Get with the times guys...but whatever, just....

well how about that....but to reply No games do whipes after opeb beta anymore they havent for the last 5-10 years yes im right look it upWell, how about that? But to reply no games do wipes after open beta anymore and that they haven't for the last 5-10 years. Yes, I am correct. Look it up.

ok maybe i was aff a good bit with No games but ur is even more outrageous 993 comon man and 1 thing iv played played prob 50 or so diff mmo in last 10 yr and no it is very rare to see games do a whipe after OB....CB for sure pretty much always but not OBOK, maybe I was off a good bit with no games. However your (??) is even more outrageous. 993? Come on man. Also, 1 thing I have played probably 50 or so different MMOs in the last 10 years and it is very rare to see any games do a wipe after OB....

i was in rift CB SWTOR CB and AION and no they all roll straight from OB into Launch witch is what most mmo do now daysI was in Rift (CB) and AION and they went straight from OB into open launch, which is what most MMOs do now a days.

Pathetic... absolutely and totally pathetic.

Poppaea
07-02-2014, 07:56 PM
you can now make brown elves and brown humans. Woot!

Even Hurani (who already had 2 tan options) got a few more dark skin options.

Hooray!

Sadly, in game these characters are not brown at all :(

I did not realize you shared LP across all servers...I just thought it was per server. OUCH!

DesertYeti
07-02-2014, 08:04 PM
You sure you're not confusing open beta with head start? I was a closed beta tester for several games in the last 10 years (Rift included) and most I remember went OB to headstart, to live with awipe between OB and headstart.

XxHodgie
07-02-2014, 08:15 PM
anyone having trouble getting on? I open game through the Glyph client and the little green ♥♥♥♥ with the words that light up pops up and light until bout half way through the quote then it dissapears?

Azsai
07-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Same thing is happening with me.

XxHodgie
07-02-2014, 08:45 PM
i love the response and the direction to the "help us out" forum... (sarcasm)

Poppaea
07-02-2014, 08:49 PM
servers just went down for emergency maintenance. Scapes wasn't taking enough Fall dmg so they are looking into it.

XxHodgie
07-02-2014, 08:52 PM
i couldnt log in in the first place like an hr ago so w/e

RaveKnave
07-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Honestly this patch just ruined this game, heads up guys i just did one of these new trade pack runs. got 2 Gilda stars for a trade run from gwenwood forest to ynister. wow so much for the normal gamer in less you have a large scale guild you will not have to much fun with this game. Kinda like the normal gamers are just filler for big guilds. now. i love this game not to say you guys wont change the game just giving feed back on some of these things. not wanting to complain. keep working hard guys :)

RaveKnave
07-02-2014, 10:39 PM
or just go to all Gold

Richard Lionheart
07-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Trade Ship now costs 400 Gilda!!! Is trion insane! If you think anyone will hand in 200 trade packs you gotta be outta your mind! This North American generation is more conscious about personal heath, and sitting on a computer screen for each 15min trade pack run, summarizes this game as a HUGE time waster! Unless you have a huge guild, and enjoy using other's time for your own gain, few independent gamers will contribute time to this gaming end aver.

RaveKnave
07-02-2014, 11:01 PM
I agree Richard Maybe it is a game just for the nui world order, or we are legend. Massive guild dominating the world. Your average game is your key to the money not, the big time 15 hour a day MMO player out there. The poeple who pay your bills Trion have jobs, not Mom's basement lives.

Donbeario
07-02-2014, 11:06 PM
lol you gona see lot of people using rowboat with those kind of price

Ishnom
07-02-2014, 11:43 PM
I was looking for a game I liked since wow went to ♥♥♥♥ after first expansion. Been like 8 years nothing was looking good then Arche Age Was advertising this new Sandbox game. Looked great had to get the alpha friends told me it was A dog eat dog world Pirating farming trading make what you want out of this new sand box. I loved it needed no changes maybe some more land for people to grow on change the annoying Immune when you step on a slope up behind you. Little things but had so much potential. So then they decide we want to make this free to play WHYYYYY!!!!!!!! Total crap is what I think when I think free to play games you get what you pay for. Why not keep game as is charge 14.99 USD$ and make it the best game ever made as far as mmo sandboxes go and let us true games that pay for games support you. JUST FYI there are lots of us. Just waiting for the right game. WOW ♥♥♥♥ed up you have a chance. If game continues forward like this free to play crapo style I will feel scammed again and look on.

Teryfi
07-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I was getting 2 guilda stars for most of the starter quest I got a nui tears for

Riverwind
07-02-2014, 11:56 PM
I was looking for a game I liked since wow went to ♥♥♥♥ after first expansion. Been like 8 years nothing was looking good then Arche Age Was advertising this new Sandbox game. Looked great had to get the alpha friends told me it was A dog eat dog world Pirating farming trading make what you want out of this new sand box. I loved it needed no changes maybe some more land for people to grow on change the annoying Immune when you step on a slope up behind you. Little things but had so much potential. So then they decide we want to make this free to play WHYYYYY!!!!!!!! Total crap is what I think when I think free to play games you get what you pay for. Why not keep game as is charge 14.99 USD$ and make it the best game ever made as far as mmo sandboxes go and let us true games that pay for games support you. JUST FYI there are lots of us. Just waiting for the right game. WOW ♥♥♥♥ed up you have a chance. If game continues forward like this free to play crapo style I will feel scammed again and look on.

I totally agree with this guy! We paid 150 dollars and do not regret it!! Please don't let spammers ruin this game by making it free to play!!! Make them pay! Earn more money!

Applebear
07-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Its not about instant gratification. Something you Americans seem to have so much trouble understanding.
Trade ships are something to work for, over time. That is the inherent nature of an MMORPG if you want a quick fix - PLAY A CONSOLE GAME -
People like you are what ruin mmo's.
"Give us everything right NOW"
and then you cry and cry about being bored.
Please.
If you need to work for something, that is GOOD. More people using other methods of trade, working together, being sneaky, making use of the rowboat other than "it was on my bars for a couple days"
Seriously.
Just stop.

DrizztDoUrden
07-03-2014, 12:47 AM
The only game I am sure of that went from open beta to start without a wipe was lineage 2. i started playing late march 2004, and it rolled live pay to play april 27th 2004, no wipe, but took me a month to get to lvl 20 before it launched. the wipe for this game is necessary. no one wants to start the game several thousand gold and 50 levels behind several thousand players. The new update, other than the LP changes are awesome. the nerfs to worms and lock box removal can be lived with. Unfortunately anything fun non pvp oriented now takes lp. even opening the drops from grinding monsters takes lp which is dumb. you cant make everything lp based. Even though it will restrict ppls ability to advance to quickly in game... felling helpless, having no LP, makes ppl not want to play. hopefully this will be evaluated. Or perhaps, make LP potions a random drop from opening jester pouches off mobs. that would be nice. Or perhaps you gain some lp from doing raid bosses. there should be some fun group activities in game that reward extra labor points other than sleeping. You developers are inventive I am sure you can think of a way to make it interesting, worthwhile, but not op. and ppl will still always want more labor points and will likely buy from cash shop anyway.

DrizztDoUrden
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
I'm cool with ships being expensive, i didnt expect when i started to even make a clipper as fast as i did. Boats should be something that requires many people to create, and be a status of wealth. but a trade ship should not cost more than 20 times the amount of cargo it can carry. It is not easy to make a successful trade across the ocean 200 times on a row boat.... considering that is also 20k labor to create the packs and move them plus 1k gold just for the crafting certificates for the 200 packs not even counting the other mats. and that is just for the merchant ships recipe.

DrizztDoUrden
07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
assuming, the trade ship is really 400 gilda, like earlier mentioned *

Linesey
07-03-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm cool with ships being expensive, i didnt expect when i started to even make a clipper as fast as i did. Boats should be something that requires many people to create, and be a status of wealth. but a trade ship should not cost more than 20 times the amount of cargo it can carry. It is not easy to make a successful trade across the ocean 200 times on a row boat.... considering that is also 20k labor to create the packs and move them plus 1k gold just for the crafting certificates for the 200 packs not even counting the other mats. and that is just for the merchant ships recipe.

would it not be 100 gold for 200 trade packs, at 50 silver per certificate?
or did they make certificates more expensive?
also, and anyone please correct me if i am mistaken, a merchant ship can carry 40 packs in storage right?
a group of 50 people could take up to (assuming it is 40 packs storage) 80 packs, 1 per person + 1 per person per storage slot, with 1 man to captain and 9 more to fight in defense unencumbered.
I worry slightly about the difficulty to get stars now, but i like everything else in this patch, baring of course the labor re-gen rates, i still think 5/5 for non patroons and 10/5 for patroons 24/7 online or not would help server stress, and reduce AFK macro-lords.
i don't feel like putting cat food on my computer so my cat keeps me from disconnecting when i'm at work or in the shower. (and that's not AFKing a living being is at the computer pressing keys, and as for inelegance level of that being? well my cat is smarter then some people i have seen playing AA, let alone people in general.)

DrizztDoUrden
07-03-2014, 01:40 AM
your right lol 100 gold. bot only 20 slots on a merchant ship or 22.

Disco
07-03-2014, 04:28 AM
Its not about instant gratification. Something you Americans seem to have so much trouble understanding.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/78/78e1b58cc263fc700e498b76982fb091b0c69c0ac8489875e9 e0a55b5833af62.jpg

Applebear
07-03-2014, 07:55 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/78/78e1b58cc263fc700e498b76982fb091b0c69c0ac8489875e9 e0a55b5833af62.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8113/taenge.jpg

Unbeaten
07-03-2014, 01:43 PM
A released game's "conversion" has never taken this many beta,omega,butter,cookies,fluff and money farmed as this one. Every fan boy can sit here and defend a great game that trion did not even create and I will with you. But fact is, in every aspect of business they are farming the players for that 150 dollar purchase for as long as they can for little to no real changes in stability and pliability. They have even begun balancing which should be a final stage of beta but still title it closed so you may pay 150 dollars to get in. Now we are going to extend that to a few more phases finally stress test and wipe again so that we can hold on to the "closed beta" and make that still the only place to play continuously. You may make the most money anyone has ever seen in a closed beta atmosphere but you have also pissed off even the most docile player base, well done. MMO's used to have to pay for testers to test their games and find bugs, not only do we do that for free they have no begun to charge us, and its now at the cost of 3X a standard game, how much will us idiots myself included take?? AA may just find those limits.

Unbeaten
07-03-2014, 01:49 PM
@applebearkid

Actually its a game and its meant to entertain and yes instantly so your an uneducated fan boy who test's a game for free as they fill there pockets off of your hours of hard work............. Yeah I will stick to America where I bought to play and IDGAF about the rest, rofl that wambulance.

Applebear
07-03-2014, 10:14 PM
@applebearkid

Actually its a game and its meant to entertain and yes instantly so your an uneducated fan boy who test's a game for free as they fill there pockets off of your hours of hard work............. Yeah I will stick to America where I bought to play and IDGAF about the rest, rofl that wambulance.

You should really go play world of warcraft. I think you'd love it.
You'l be running around in circles in the main city totally bored with your experience with all your end game items within a week, Fantastic!
P.S - Most of your reply is written so poorly its hard to comprehend. Cool American education bro.

Lizz
07-04-2014, 06:39 AM
[...]and its now at the cost of 3X a standard game, how much will us idiots myself included take?? AA may just find those limits.

We paid so we can play an unfinished version of the game, nothing less, nothing more.

The moment AA is finally released, trion starts earning monthly fees/cash shop-money etc from a 10 times bigger playerbase then right now. ;)

Trion has nothing to gain from a longer alpha/beta besides a better fixed client/serversoftware.

Sharinganvs
07-04-2014, 08:03 AM
When will dis game be availble to evryone i.e free for all or do u hv to pay to play??

Megadone
07-04-2014, 08:06 AM
When will dis game be availble to evryone i.e free for all or do u hv to pay to play??

no official date... but as far as I'm aware it should be this year...
Closed Beta is planed for mid to late July(this month), so we'll see how much more to go...

slow is good as long as stuff is being tested and balanced

Asgardian
07-04-2014, 08:51 PM
I originally saw the game being advertised in a Youtube video, and this looks awesome. I'm starting to get bored of Aion and kinda wish I had known it had existed when it first came out. Won't let that happen with this. Not sure if I will be a Founder or not but I will definitely get this game as soon as it comes out. and is this going to be Free 2 Play or Pay 2 Play?

TheArtisticFox
07-05-2014, 02:59 AM
I originally saw the game being advertised in a Youtube video, and this looks awesome. I'm starting to get bored of Aion and kinda wish I had known it had existed when it first came out. Won't let that happen with this. Not sure if I will be a Founder or not but I will definitely get this game as soon as it comes out. and is this going to be Free 2 Play or Pay 2 Play?

As far as i know its going to be F2P, but with a cash shop, i hope it wont be P2W, im hoping for just cosmetic stuff. i cant wait to play this game and get away from aion as well, right now im trying swordsmen from PWI. but this game from what i seen will blow it out of the water.

Novex
07-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Can't wait for Beta to begin! If only I had the money to put into a founder's pack I'd definitely buy Archeum if I had the money to spare.

Simmons
07-06-2014, 09:54 AM

F2p with a subscription option and cash shop.

Bulgaria
07-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Amazing!

We cannot wait anymore.. we need to ride our donkeys :D

The game is really nice. It puts a different touch to MMO's.

Regadrs

P.S. What is the probability that Closed Beta Accounts will be given to Bulgarian region?

Megadone
07-06-2014, 01:31 PM
same as anybody els... it's lottery...

PxPx
07-10-2014, 06:14 PM
So what mechanics are being implemented to prevent this from being Pay to Win, and more importantly what is being done to keep end game interesting.

fireheart
07-11-2014, 02:36 PM
when is the open beta going to reach the us because i have been waiting for a long time

Gilgamesh
07-11-2014, 03:08 PM
when is the open beta going to reach the us because i have been waiting for a long time

You could get a free, official Closed Beta code here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?15861-ArcheAge-Closed-Beta-Code-Giveaways).

Devilbrat
07-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Greetings Trion team -

Having played the new patch now enough to comment, there are a couple of shortfalls that significantly will impact the game play of any player starting at beta or that buys at this time into the existing Alpha.

Since it strongly appears that XL Games developed this patch with the cash shop being a pre-eminent driver, no player can for example any longer upgrade their bag or warehouse slots....what are your plans in regards to this?

Another area where the "cash shop patch" becomes beyond obvious is the LP consumption. XL Games clearly was setting things to push players to buy the LP pots from the shop as it has become pretty much a daily struggle to get things done especially with pouches or gear drops costing between 15-450 LP to open at the higher player levels. The 20 LP every 5 minutes really don't even dent the deficits created with the enormous amounts of activities that are now LP based.

In order for us to enjoy as well as test the functionality within the upcoming beta events and for you to also continue to actually keep your clientele versus loosing them due to frustration, the shop feature seriously needs to be enabled to achieve adequate game functionality.

Having spent serious thoughts into this, I cannot see a reason that would prohibit Trion to give players the amount of "play monies" based on the level of pack purchased for the cash shop feature of the game in the upcoming beta events as well as the Alpha. As much as I understand the importance of "family and friends" and players that were initially invited pre-packs or gained access via keys, with the amount of paying customers, Trion's outlook should seriously change. When everything is said and done, anyone that has not bought the packs is at this time a F2P player and maybe it's time that the same rules as in the planned release version should start to apply for those that have not spent any monies into this game....

This would not only give a much better picture of the housing situation that remains a nightmare, especially with you now waiving taxes due to the tax payment issue in game which results in no lots of players, that have decided to move on and are inactive, coming up for destruction. It would additionally show appreciation from your end to those that have actually thus far financially supported you through the pre-release phases of this game to date (...and probably bring you more pack purchases from those that have not paid anything yet - you are running a business after all!) and last but certainly not least would also enable feedback to Trion where potential changes to the planned F2P scheme vs Patron scheme need to be considered.

As is, you are pushing a version that is cash shop dependent without the shop out for exploration to the current player base. I understand you want to change the dynamics of what is done in Korea with the cash shop and the version itself, but releasing this Korean patch without the shop, makes it a very frustrating game experience as they go hand in hand and without it, we all suffer the consequences....and they are not pleasant ones.

While I guess we all have to respect your stance on the level 50 cap, I really disagree with this decision as it has significantly impaired the game functionality on Alpha as certain upgrades / play can simply not be achieved - i.e. Library additional floors to name one that then subsequently also does not allow for the library costume to be upgraded...levels of mobs on Auroria vs level cap of 50...skill sets no longer can be completed as last and most deadly skill in any category is a level 55 skill....many currently playable areas are geared towards level 51 and up....I could go on, but I think you are very well aware of the significant downfalls this decision brings / has brought along.

I appreciate you taking this as food for thought and maybe bringing a change rather sooner than later to these issues.

Thanks for bringing a great game to us and working hard to make it the best version of them all <3