PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguard and Sage

Legion
04-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Hi there, I am playing for healer in Korea and RU and now I want help you with this =]

Content:
1. Healer - who is it?
2. Basic builds.
3. Skill overview

1. Healer or in the other words ♥♥♥ saver. First of all I want to say that Healer is group PvP class, because in solo PvP he is very, very and very bad,if you want kill someone alone, he isn't for you, but there is also few bonuses, without healer you can't kill kraken and clear the dungeons, and in const party you will be always welcomed guest =]. The most important for healer is smart head, good hands and experience ofc.

2. There are few most played basic builds.
One of them is my favorite Bodyguard(Vitalism/Auramancy/Defense).

Before 1.0
www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=911100100010010113101010011000110021100011 000100111
http://s019.radikal.ru/i613/1404/d9/81a8aa13fd28.png

After 1.0
http://s019.radikal.ru/i625/1407/ba/8fc6b74ed918.png

or

http://i031.radikal.ru/1407/4c/92742e294cbd.png

Pros:
Higher P def, Health compare to other builds
Unkillable for archers (Shield and arrow blockade combo)
Harder to kill for warriors
Anti stun, sleep
Can carry robe or heavy armor

Cons:
Lower M def
Can take down only 1 debuff (Compare to Sages 2)
Almost no cc
Lower heal potential because using one handed staff and shield.
Vulnerable to M attacks (Songcraft/Sorcery combo)

The 2nd one ist Sage(Vitalism,Auramancy,Witchcraft)

Before 1.0
www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=911100100010010113101010010001110010010101 010011101
http://s020.radikal.ru/i713/1404/a4/470d5f21d3eb.png

After 1.0
http://s006.radikal.ru/i213/1407/11/0b5d83a1c314.png

Pros:
Higher heal potential
Higher M def
2 cc spells with range 20 m, and 1 instant AoE for 5 m.
2 debuff spells
Anti sleep,fear,stun

Cons:
Vulnerable to P attackers (Archers, assassins)
Lower Health (Compare to Bodyguard)

There is also more other builds, but I like those 2 the most =]

3. Skill overview

Lets start with Auramancy:
Inhibition + Charging Up - most important combo for healer, because charging up allows you to make 3 stacks of Inhibition which reduce cd of devotion spells:
1. Light and Darkness - from 5 sec to 3,2 sec cd
2. Group heal - from 21 sec to 14,7 sec
3. Continuous Recovery - most important heal spell, from 9 sec to 5,4
Energy Shield - allows to insta cast Light and Darkness (so it means if it works for 9 sec, we can use light and darkness 3 times without casting time),
also absorb 42 % of dmg, but it works strange, 1st it take dmg, only after that regen 42 % of dmg.
Blink - helps to run away from melee classes
Strong will - self debuff from stun and sleep and become immune to it for 7 sec
Unbeatable + Blockade - grants bonus 1000 mdef, saves bodyguards from sorcery/artistary combo
Pain Killer - reduce dmg on 3 % and 1 % chance to become invincible on 3 sec

The next one ist Vitalism:
Light and darkness - one of the strongest heal spells after Continuous Recovery.
Curse and Blessing - debuff remover and gives buff that increases received healing for on 15 % (ally), on enemy it works like root for 3 sec + debuff that's increasing received damage on 12 % and decrease received healing for 30 %
Flowing life - buff on 10 sec that heals 1200, and also gives bonus received healing from Light and Darkness by 16 % and Group heal by 30 %.
Group heal - Heals smth about 1300 hp, but eats too much mana.
Continuous Recovery - the best healing spell in game. Can use on few target at a time.
Urgent heal - very useful, can save ♥♥♥ sometimes, because it reset all healing spells
Power of Heal - increase healing potential
Loving Soul - grants 500 mdef buff for all allays within 15m, very usefull for bodyguard

3rd one is Defense:
Shield strike - helps against melee classes, stun on 3,5 sec
Vitality - boosting your health on 963, works with Wrath of the bear, also allows you to collect rage(3000)
Scream of Life - extra self heal, at the end, with Strong will and 3000 rage it heals smth like 2 k hp
Blockade - increase chance of block by 38 %, but reduce movement speed by 10 %, also gives bonus mdef with Unbeatable(Will)
Invincible - no one can attack you for 12 sec, you just stay at 1 place and if you move buff is gone.
Arrow blockade - increase chance of blocking physic range attacks by 36 % with 3 stacks. Only because of this you wear shield =]
Iron skin - gives 600 mdef and pdef
Wrath of the bear - bonus 4 % health, and removes stuns and knockdowns by 20 %

4rd one is Witchcraft:
Bubble - disable enemy on 18 sec or till someone damage him, there is one funny thing with this spell, when you attack horse with man on it, the horse is flying and the enemy is on horse and cant do anything, so you can attack him, and bubble wont break =]
Cleanse - removes 1 negative effect from ally + increase his mres by 25 % or steal 1 buff from enemy + silence on 3 sec
Wake Up! - removes all sleep or fear effect from ally or you and gives immunity to fear and sleep on 1 min
Scream of Fear - insta cast fear on 3,8 sec, after that they are stunned on 2 sec. Very useful to save your ♥♥♥ from melee clases. SoF + blink
Time Compression - decrease cd by 6 % on Witchcraft tree skills
Absorption - increase mres by 15 %
Pain suppression - if you're critically hit you'll gain 30 % reduced dmg on 3 sec
Profit of spell - increase cc time by 20 %

Whats I change optionally?
Bodyguard:
Pain Killer to Wing of defense - why? there is simple answer, if you are using heavy armor you are too vulnerable to high burst dmg from wizards and this thing can save you and your ally from Wizards meteor or Lighting strike combo.
Shield strike to Whisper of life or force field - I rly can't figure out what I need to take as 5 point in defense, thats why you can chose your 5 point as you think it's better, Whisper of life can help mby when you catch a AoE and heal you a bit faster, but anyway this heal is too low =[. With Force field there is problem that you can use spells only on peoples that is in side this cage, and it wont help when few melee champs attacks you, you'll just kill yourself with it. So I rly don't know what to walk, you can try also with passives.

Sage:
Profit of spell to any - smth those 20 % is nothing because all dies in few seconds =], so you can take other cc spell or buff, do as you wish =]

Those 2 spell build I was using on both, Korea and RU, and they works perfectly, there is also "healers" with Song craft, which is useless because you can't play melodies and heal, also I heard about ones with Occultism, but I don't know how it works =[. But Bodyguard and Sage build is best for pure healer =] And if compare Bodyg. and Sage, Sage is more difficult to handle, so chose wise =]

Sekkusu
04-06-2014, 08:38 AM
That's some hardcore dedicated healing builds. I would love to have you on my team but cannot for the life of me play these builds. How long did it take for you to lvl up?

Legion
04-06-2014, 08:53 AM
That's some hardcore dedicated healing builds. I would love to have you on my team but cannot for the life of me play these builds. How long did it take for you to lvl up?
As Bodyguard it took like 1 week, to make 45 level. But you can easily take sorcery to lvl up devotion and protection, and then change protection to will, you need 40 lvl will only

DeWaLoKi
04-17-2014, 03:53 AM
watch many bodyguard vids on youtube , they are tough and difficult to kill also can do heal to save party xD
i like the class..

iwearsuits
04-17-2014, 04:19 AM
Yes interesting guide, so the body guard is more of a tanky healer and the sage is more of a support healer?

Legion
04-17-2014, 04:41 AM
Yes interesting guide, so the body guard is more of a tanky healer and the sage is more of a support healer?
yap =]

SweatyYoshi
04-17-2014, 05:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6hdV0ea.png
I'd love some opinions on my build, and maybe some help on what to spend these two points on, i'm supposed to be a full robe/staff healer that sits behind everyone else giving heals, while using inhibition in case they get close, stun and use blinky to run away, ressurection is there for longer pvp runs when parts of our team is dead after the battle ends, and they need a res. It's a hybrid build for pvp and pve, any opinions?

Legion
04-17-2014, 05:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6hdV0ea.png
I'd love some opinions on my build, and maybe some help on what to spend these two points on, i'm supposed to be a full robe/staff healer that sits behind everyone else giving heals, while using inhibition in case they get close, stun and use blinky to run away, ressurection is there for longer pvp runs when parts of our team is dead after the battle ends, and they need a res. It's a hybrid build for pvp and pve, any opinions?

first of all you need Charging Up, and don't take reward for the patience - useless, also Resurrection don't works when you're in fight, and take 2,3,5 passive in Will tree, if you're in robe. About Artistry, I see no use in it.

SweatyYoshi
04-17-2014, 05:45 AM
I explained why I needed ressurection, and I want reward for the patience in case I run low on mana to use blink and someone is on my ♥♥♥, one hit will give me enough to actually run away, and what's so bad about artistry that robe doesn't fit in it?

Legion
04-17-2014, 05:54 AM
I explained why I needed ressurection, and I want reward for the patience in case I run low on mana to use blink and someone is on my ♥♥♥, one hit will give me enough to actually run away, and what's so bad about artistry that robe doesn't fit in it?

Don't like artistry for healer, and If someone will be on your ♥♥♥ with this build you wont live too long, mby 1-2 sec, you almost don't have CC

SweatyYoshi
04-17-2014, 06:12 AM
That's quite invalid though, a root and a stun is enough to get away and let my team deal with them, and you also seem to forget that you're able to heal yourself.

Legion
04-17-2014, 06:32 AM
That's quite invalid though, a root and a stun is enough to get away and let my team deal with them, and you also seem to forget that you're able to heal yourself. 1 cc and you are death =]

SweatyYoshi
04-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Seems about right, alright, I made a decision, im going to play as a Sage, but for leveling i'm going to exchange will with sorcery or necromancy (tell me which is better, it would be most appreciated), just because I love a challenge, and I wish to be a better healer once I get experienced with said class.

Legion
04-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Seems about right, alright, I made a decision, im going to play as a Sage, but for leveling i'm going to exchange will with sorcery or necromancy (tell me which is better, it would be most appreciated), just because I love a challenge, and I wish to be a better healer once I get experienced with said class.
When I was playing for Body guard I took sorcery,dev and protection, then on level 50 changed protection to will and leveled up it to 40 level

But you can take sorcery conjurity and devotion and on level 40 change conjurity to will and level up it to level 35
I think you'll got enough xp to level up 40 conjurity and 35 will

Thasarthir
04-17-2014, 01:06 PM

Another option is lvling in duo or group. I've been lvling in AA Ru with my bro and we reach lvl 44 pretty easily. I was playing with a Bodyguard, pretty pure healer build and he was an archer.

Legion
04-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Another option is lvling in duo or group. I've been lvling in AA Ru with my bro and we reach lvl 44 pretty easily. I was playing with a Bodyguard, pretty pure healer build and he was an archer.

But if you level up sorcery you can easily grind mobs =]

Whoaness
04-20-2014, 08:07 PM
So you definitely need to level with a DPS skill set. That kinda sucks since I try not to play games with respec in mind. =(

robaroo
05-21-2014, 01:43 AM
So i started a templar char yesterday (Now level 19) and yeah the leveling is slow. Im just curious what was your cycle for killing mobs. I have been lucky just random inviting people. When they notice im a pure healer they tend to still around :)

Can you explain your cycle or should i just drop the Auramancy and go sorcery now?

Also as i started leveling with cloth im wondering if its a good idea to focus on the plate now for later use?

Really cant work out (no idea) if i should go plate or cloth.......

Misa
05-21-2014, 03:25 AM
So you definitely need to level with a DPS skill set. That kinda sucks since I try not to play games with respec in mind. =(

if you lvl your gathering and uproot trees and plants, help build stuff for people and such you'll gain a lot of xp too ^^

KeksX
05-21-2014, 03:28 AM
If you want to level Sage, switch Auramancy for Occultism first. Powerful class and a lot of fun to play!

@OP:
Great builds, great post.

My personal varitations of the proposed builds:
Bodyguard:
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#10.4.3/tkCKxAlK83gv
Sage:
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#10.2.4/tPpKvG0KmsGv

Legion
05-21-2014, 03:55 AM
If you want to level Sage, switch Auramancy for Occultism first. Powerful class and a lot of fun to play!

@OP:

Bodyguard:
Sage:

bad idea =], you will be useless because of lack in dmg

KeksX
05-21-2014, 07:12 AM
bad idea =], you will be useless because of lack in dmg

Not at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg3zrfAfcQo
The damage is quite good actually, as long as its not 1.0!

Batiatari
05-21-2014, 07:35 AM

@OP:

Bodyguard:
Sage:

Bodyguard - useless without Invictible

Sage - good for 15 vs 15, not more

KeksX
05-21-2014, 07:37 AM
True, no idea why I didn't have invibility in. Easy to miss picked skills on that calculator^^

Nekky
05-21-2014, 08:06 AM
I have been playing this class. I leveled up to about 42 with Vit/Prot/Occult. After that we have been running around in groups all of the time so I dropped my Occult and went to Aura which is now at about 30. I also wear plate armor with Int and use a scepter/shield. This is a fun class but you do need some friends if you want to effectively kill mobs.

Legion
05-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Bodyguard - useless without Invictible

Sage - good for 15 vs 15, not more

I will open you one little secret, Invincible is not most usefull skill at all and bodyguard need Defense tree not because of it =]

Batiatari
05-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Yeap, say it brust mages

Legion
05-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Yeap, say it brust mages
brust mages won't kill bodyguard even without invincible =]

Legion
05-25-2014, 02:31 AM

@OP:

Bodyguard:
Sage:

No charging up =[, without it you can't stack Inhibiotion, also Scream of life insta heals 2 or 3 k hp =], and why you don't take loving soul? nice buff on 500mdef, also hammer of wrath got to slow animation, and circle is too small, easy to escape it

Yogurt
05-26-2014, 07:29 AM
www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=911100000010000003111110011001010121111001 001100011

This is what I use in arena

KeksX
05-26-2014, 08:13 AM
No charging up =[, without it you can't stack Inhibiotion, also Scream of life insta heals 2 or 3 k hp =], and why you don't take loving soul? nice buff on 500mdef, also hammer of wrath got to slow animation, and circle is too small, easy to escape it

The charges aren't actually that useful in most situations, but if you want to reduce first healing skill cooldown you could use it..
Which skill do you mean with Scream Of Life?

500 Mdef is not that much, I like the other passives and skills more.

Whats Hammer of Wrath? Confused about the skillnames since I normally use numbers for them :D

Nazer
05-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Legion if you're apart of a large active guild, what healer would you pick? If you say bodyguard just know I hate crafting and will be stuck using cloth for a long time until I can afford a int plate set.

Legion
05-27-2014, 02:04 AM
The charges aren't actually that useful in most situations, but if you want to reduce first healing skill cooldown you could use it..
Which skill do you mean with Scream Of Life?

500 Mdef is not that much, I like the other passives and skills more.

Whats Hammer of Wrath? Confused about the skillnames since I normally use numbers for them :D

Srsly? Charging up only recude 1st skill cd?There you go:

6th active is scream of life and 8th active hammer of wrath

Legion if you're apart of a large active guild, what healer would you pick? If you say bodyguard just know I hate crafting and will be stuck using cloth for a long time until I can afford a int plate set.
Bodyguard, but he can use robe, better in some ways, because reduces cd and gives int, which increases heal potential, most important in bodyguard is shield against archers, so you can choice whats you like more plates or robe. So I would say that robe is better for small scale wars (10x10), plates for large(30x30 and more)

Darkleaf
05-27-2014, 04:06 PM
And so Seed of Restoration is more if you just have that one point and don't care where to spend it.? or can it actually be useful in certain situations (pvp or pve).? Or don't touch it with a 10 foot pole, or at least don't tell anyone you have it.?? Seems like a so so addition, but then again paper stats and actual use are not always the same..

Legion
05-28-2014, 01:18 AM
And so Seed of Restoration is more if you just have that one point and don't care where to spend it.? or can it actually be useful in certain situations (pvp or pve).? Or don't touch it with a 10 foot pole, or at least don't tell anyone you have it.?? Seems like a so so addition, but then again paper stats and actual use are not always the same..

In vitalism tree you won't find useless one point, and SoR is useless in any situation, too little chace that it'll works.

KeksX
05-28-2014, 03:11 AM
Srsly? Charging up only recude 1st skill cd?There you go:

Good point, the CDs are reduced quite a bit if you keep the charges up constantly.. I'll probably change that in my builds.

6th active is scream of life and 8th active hammer of wrath

I've had good experiences with hammer of wrath, maybe I'm just lucky though :D. Scream Of Life is definitely good, but I wanted to have Scream Of Pain for the AoE CC, so I took it out.

Also: Seed of Restoration is BRILLIANT against archers that just spam their bow skill on you. Against bursters its not that good, but against spammers it rocks!

Legion
05-28-2014, 03:14 AM
Good point, the CDs are reduced quite a bit if you keep the charges up constantly.. I'll probably change that in my builds.

I've had good experiences with hammer of wrath, maybe I'm just lucky though :D. Scream Of Life is definitely good, but I wanted to have Scream Of Pain for the AoE CC, so I took it out.

Also: Seed of Restoration is BRILLIANT against archers that just spam their bow skill on you. Against bursters its not that good, but against spammers it rocks!

against archers there is passive in defense tree

KeksX
05-28-2014, 03:15 AM
against archers there is passive in defense tree

The Sage doesn't have that though :D

Legion
05-28-2014, 03:20 AM
The Sage doesn't have that though :D

Then Sage is bad healer =]