PDA

View Full Version : 4 castles claimed

Theghost
12-14-2014, 11:42 PM
gg, thx Gms who gave out 50k mining to specific players. Grats to <fluffy is a lie> for all 4 castles.

peveay
12-15-2014, 01:31 AM
who care same guild have 4 casltes?is pts please.gratz to fluffy and meet you in game guys :) !

jiggu
12-15-2014, 01:51 AM
Not sure how them giving out 50k mining matters. It was to anyone who asked, that guild played by the same rules as everyone else on the server.

0nce
12-15-2014, 11:42 AM
What's this about free 50k mining? Why didn't I get this?

Idontkno
12-15-2014, 12:32 PM
who care same guild have 4 casltes?is pts please.gratz to fluffy and meet you in game guys :) !

They will now be getting free lords coins and 40k gold every week lol

Kumagi
12-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Because the PTS is all about getting stuff... My god, guys... do you even know why you go there?

ironicsilence
12-15-2014, 12:40 PM
I really hope that guild posts some massive butt hurt about losing the castles after the first server wipe

Dalriaden
12-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Woah, the forums have hit a new level when people are legit qqing about who owns castles on the test server.

Zaron
12-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Hey guys, member of Fluffy here! Thanks for all the well wishes. Also, Fluffy is I think the largest guild (At least for the west PTS), so you probably have come across more than just a couple of us.

Whimsical
12-15-2014, 01:50 PM
50k Mining had everything (and nothing) to do with us claiming all four castles. ANYONE who asked in Faction Chat when Firecait was online and giving out mining, was able to recieve 50k mining.

In order to turn Anya Pebbles to Anya Ingots, we needed a Smelting Furnace, which aren't available like the regal benches and are instead crafted only. We did trade runs that first night while half of us scoured the mines for pebbles, and turned our packs in for Charcoal Stabilizer so we could make that smelting furnace the next day. We also had Sessia and Testsubject (with the help of many members including Quest, Exeona, Ace, Slim, Hdrksbv, and MANY others) grinding out 20k metalwork and other necessary crafts, and I think Test nearly went insane grinding out 1000's of chickens with guildies help to get 20k Vocation Badges for an item needed to make the smelting furnace.

We did not get castles just because of 50k mining, but yes, without it we would not have been able to make those packs - but there was also a lot more guild-wide dedication that went into it.

We claimed castles for two main reasons;
One, so that the land on Auroria would be open for anyone to place their houses. We have taxes set at the lowest rate as this is PTS and money is not an issue, and we do not seek to benefit from crazy taxes.
Two, So that if seige updates are implemented any time soon, or any additional fixes, we will not have to wait for others to claim castles etc etc to be able to test that content. Lords coins and 40k gold are worth what exactly on PTS? When you can get unlimited gold by making alts? We get a few appearance items, but that's it.

Again, thank you to everyone in the guild who made building the Galleon and claiming those castles possible. We have been attempting to get ready to spawn the red dragon but have not been able to get what we need to get the Goddess Hunt, so I guess we'll see what happens. :)

peveay
12-15-2014, 02:32 PM
They will now be getting free lords coins and 40k gold every week lol

wow they will have useless gold and useless costume without stat,wow omg

n0xi0us
12-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Because the PTS is all about getting stuff... My god, guys... do you even know why you go there?

Well yeah, its the same reason people throw upward of 150 bucks for an Alpha version of the game! Oh wait..

Scapes
12-15-2014, 05:29 PM
gg, thx Gms who gave out 50k mining to specific players.

The Fluffy bot can be used by any player on PTS to level their mining: in /say chat, enter "level mining fluffy".

Shootersa
12-15-2014, 05:53 PM
The Fluffy bot can be used by any player on PTS to level their mining: in /say chat, enter "level mining fluffy".

and you just tell us that now?

Scapes
12-15-2014, 06:00 PM
and you just tell us that now?

The script to do it wasn't prepared when we launched PTS.

Shootersa
12-15-2014, 06:02 PM

ok well thanks for the heads up, cant wait to see more commands to actually do some testing :)

elineda
12-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Is my progress on PTS permanent?

No, all progress on PTS may be wiped at any time without notice.

Just..... it's only PTS

tBakke
12-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Two, So that if seige updates are implemented any time soon, or any additional fixes, we will not have to wait for others to claim castles etc etc to be able to test that content.

You do realize that after this patch is tested and released, the PTR will be disabled and wiped, and if/when a new patch with siege updates are released, you will have to do it all over again?

There is nothing in this patch about updating siege mechanics.

tBakke
12-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Scapes: What commands are available when it comes to fluffybot?
Have you concidered adding "build house fluffy"?

Xenu
12-16-2014, 06:52 AM
You do realize that after this patch is tested and released, the PTR will be disabled and wiped, and if/when a new patch with siege updates are released, you will have to do it all over again?

Thanks for the info. What's your position at Trion?

Corsayr
12-16-2014, 07:08 AM
I know this sounds crazy but you guys WILL make sure fluffybot is disabled in the live version when you push this live, right??

I know I shouldn't have to mention it, but the flower exploit is still out there, and if you can't get a bunch of flowers right..... just saying.:)

Lugi
12-16-2014, 07:54 AM
I know this sounds crazy but you guys WILL make sure fluffybot is disabled in the live version when you push this live, right??

I know I shouldn't have to mention it, but the flower exploit is still out there, and if you can't get a bunch of flowers right..... just saying.:)

I keep seeing this around and I've never done any research into the exploit, but what goes on for this? I'm rather curious :?

ironicsilence
12-16-2014, 08:07 AM
I keep seeing this around and I've never done any research into the exploit, but what goes on for this? I'm rather curious :?

you can use the handicraft flurtious flower item to basically steal a boat/farm cart/wagon/hauler. When you use the item it asks the user to dance, when this happens the driver is kicked off the wheel. So if you havent spammed owners mark you can use it to knock someone off the wheel then steal there vehicle.

This was fixed in a previous build but the fix disappeared / something new caused it

Corsayr
12-16-2014, 08:19 AM
you can use the handicraft flurtious flower item to basically steal a boat/farm cart/wagon/hauler. When you use the item it asks the user to dance, when this happens the driver is kicked off the wheel. So if you havent spammed owners mark you can use it to knock someone off the wheel then steal there vehicle.

This was fixed in a previous build but the fix disappeared / something new caused it

That is the basics, there is another step to take it from useless RP item to vehicle stealing exploit, but the jist is there. :)

It is a useless item that has completely negated the functionality of commerce in the game. They say it is bannable to use it, but no one seems to be getting banned for it and all the common users are still running around using it to this day.

If I were Trion it would be a major source of embarrassment to me that I had not corrected this with a quickness. So far they have been, "we will have a fix in the next build"

If they can mess up 10 roses they can mess up anything.

Symbiotic
12-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the info. What's your position at Trion?

His position is he can ♥♥♥♥ing read the patch notes.

LlexX
12-16-2014, 10:51 AM
50k Mining had everything (and nothing) to do with us claiming all four castles. ANYONE who asked in Faction Chat when Firecait was online and giving out mining, was able to recieve 50k mining.

In order to turn Anya Pebbles to Anya Ingots, we needed a Smelting Furnace, which aren't available like the regal benches and are instead crafted only. We did trade runs that first night while half of us scoured the mines for pebbles, and turned our packs in for Charcoal Stabilizer so we could make that smelting furnace the next day. We also had Sessia and Testsubject (with the help of many members including Quest, Exeona, Ace, Slim, Hdrksbv, and MANY others) grinding out 20k metalwork and other necessary crafts, and I think Test nearly went insane grinding out 1000's of chickens with guildies help to get 20k Vocation Badges for an item needed to make the smelting furnace.

We did not get castles just because of 50k mining, but yes, without it we would not have been able to make those packs - but there was also a lot more guild-wide dedication that went into it.

We claimed castles for two main reasons;
One, so that the land on Auroria would be open for anyone to place their houses. We have taxes set at the lowest rate as this is PTS and money is not an issue, and we do not seek to benefit from crazy taxes.
Two, So that if seige updates are implemented any time soon, or any additional fixes, we will not have to wait for others to claim castles etc etc to be able to test that content. Lords coins and 40k gold are worth what exactly on PTS? When you can get unlimited gold by making alts? We get a few appearance items, but that's it.

Again, thank you to everyone in the guild who made building the Galleon and claiming those castles possible. We have been attempting to get ready to spawn the red dragon but have not been able to get what we need to get the Goddess Hunt, so I guess we'll see what happens. :)
Thats a nice gesture... but then again... your greediness and ego won afterall.
If you wanted to test castles you could have taken one or two, but why all of them? Why not leave some for others for testing. Thats just beyond fairplay...

Relient
12-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Why you guys harping about PTS? Its gonna get wiped regardless, does it matter who has the castles?

Honestly think you guys just want to cry about something, even when there is really nothing to cry about. Even if you get the castle and gold, you still gonna lose it. If its such a big deal to you then why don't you just do the same thing after the wipe?

ironicsilence
12-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Why you guys harping about PTS? Its gonna get wiped regardless, does it matter who has the castles?

Honestly think you guys just want to cry about something, even when there is really nothing to cry about. Even if you get the castle and gold, you still gonna lose it. If its such a big deal to you then why don't you just do the same thing after the wipe?

Quoted for truth....I dont see what the QQ is all about...its the PTS...its all temporary anyways. With the current state of archeage its not like there is a ton of end game content to do....many people are bored....I bet grinding out the 4 castles gave his guild something to do for a day or two

Corsayr
12-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Quoted for truth....I dont see what the QQ is all about...its the PTS...its all temporary anyways. With the current state of archeage its not like there is a ton of end game content to do....many people are bored....I bet grinding out the 4 castles gave his guild something to do for a day or two

I think the reason for the questions is why claim all 4 when you could have just as easily achieved your objectives claiming only 1 or even 2. Taking everything leaves nothing for anyone else. Which can be interpreted as greedy.

I personally could not care less either way, but its easy to see both sides of this.

Yil
12-16-2014, 11:52 AM

*GASP* You guys? Unprepared? No way!

Xenu
12-16-2014, 01:44 PM
His position is he can ♥♥♥♥ing read the patch notes.

The patch notes say they're wiping PTS? Where are these patch notes?

Trixologist
12-16-2014, 03:15 PM
WTB Siege scroll 2s pls.

Also it should be interesting to see what their peace fund looks like.

Whimsical
12-16-2014, 06:23 PM
I understand some people being upset about <The Fluffy is a Lie> claiming all four castles. That said, and these comments are likely to sound rude but, it is not our fault that you, and/or your guild were not prepared. You had the same opportunity that we did, the same amount of time in which to do so (pardoning real life and possible connection issues), and the same materials at your disposal. I agree that a few people not being able to get 50k mining was an issue, but we were not the only ones to receive the mining boost; there were lots and lots of other people there mining that were not part of our guild.

Personally, I don't understand where all of the hostility comes from in regards to castles being claimed on a PTS server. Please help me to understand why some people posting here are so upset about it (read: calling us greed and egotistical when such is extremely far from the truth) when, as it has been pointed out many times, there is a great likelihood that all of this progression will be wiped.

Why be so concerned with how others spend their gameplay time? We had the Anya ingots, more than enough for four castles and red dragon combined. We planted our trees and mined the stone for our houses so we could place down our Christmas trees to check those out and see the gifts they give. There were several guildies who wanted their land in Auroria, some in Calmlands, some in Marcala, some who didn't care where - so we took what we had and loaded three clippers and a galleon with a total of twelve people combined and, within forty five minutes, sailed from Yny to Auroria and staked our claim without so much as running into a single red-named person, let alone another green-named. We literally had not one problem, even with having to wait a day for Charcoal Stabilizers from a trade pack run we did from Hellswamp back to Solis (a run in which we again did not encounter even a single red-named player). We tested what was available to us in this Christmas update, and spent the rest of our time progressing in ways we saw (and still see) fit for our guild.

With all that said, I'd like to point out the reason that some people seem unsure whether or not this will be an open test server of the kind EQ2 had (where it was many people's main server, though they played under the realization that rollbacks and wipes could happen without notice) or whether or not the server will be disabled once this update hits live.

It depends on what kind of testing we need. We don't intend to do the resets unless we really have to.

And now, to respond to a few other comments:

I never said there was anything in this patch about updating siege mechanics. I said that "if seige updates are implemented any time soon, or any additional fixes, we will not have to wait for others to claim castles." Honestly, I don't see why you're so bothered with what we spend our time doing on PTS, as long as we are doing it while testing the material we are presented with to test. If all progression gets wiped, that's fine! You won't see any of us QQing because we all already knew that was a very likely possibility, and all we wanted was to have fun while exploring all that the new update has to offer. (:

Thats a nice gesture... but then again... your greediness and ego won afterall.
If you wanted to test castles you could have taken one or two, but why all of them? Why not leave some for others for testing. Thats just beyond fairplay...
I'm sorry, but I don't see how claiming all four castles is greedy. Perhaps you have a more pessimistic view on the world than we do, but we saw it as a way to open up all of the available housing land to all players, while keeping the taxes at their minimum because we don't seek to benefit from absurd tax rates. Why should we have to wait for other guilds to claim an area just so we can plant a house there if we want to? You are entitled to your opinion however, though I think that calling me greedy and egotistical without even bothering to get to know me is a little ridiculous.

Anyone is free to join our guild. If the PTS is not disabled by the time Lord's Coins are sent, then all the coins are distributed amongst guildies who want them for appearance things and what have you. I have no need nor any real desire for the Lord Coin items.

I sincerely hope that (again, if PTS is not shut down or wiped before then) people do in fact siege the castles. We are only going to be protecting/defending one, perhaps two at most, and the rest will be up for free siege by any guild that wins the scroll. As of right now, we're not even planning to build walls or towers around more than one of them. But I suppose that not building the walls and towers so other guilds have an easier time taking the area they want makes us greedy and egotistical too, right? :) Regardless, we've had fun so far and that's all that matters. Hope you guys have had fun too! If not, maybe you should come hang out with us sometime. (:

Arionell
12-17-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't see how claiming all four castles is greedy.

Seriously? 4 castles are taken by same guild/players in a PTServer and its not greedy? .

Woaw..

tBakke
12-17-2014, 12:33 PM
The patch notes say they're wiping PTS? Where are these patch notes?

No. This little gem is located in the FAQ. You know the FAQ? Where the Frequently Asked Questions are located?

I'll save you the bother of looking it up:

Is my progress on PTS permanent?

No, all progress on PTS may be wiped at any time without notice.

tBakke
12-17-2014, 12:44 PM
I never said there was anything in this patch about updating siege mechanics. I said that "if seige updates are implemented any time soon, or any additional fixes, we will not have to wait for others to claim castles." Honestly, I don't see why you're so bothered with what we spend our time doing on PTS, as long as we are doing it while testing the material we are presented with to test. If all progression gets wiped, that's fine! You won't see any of us QQing because we all already knew that was a very likely possibility, and all we wanted was to have fun while exploring all that the new update has to offer. (:

Look, i don't have a problem with you choosing to spend your PTR time capturing castles. Go right ahead.
BUT.. please stop the entire "we are doing it to help the community. we are doing it to help trion test castle mechanics if they want to in a future patch".
Stop lying to yourselves. You are doing it for your own amusement.. to be able to brag about having 4 castles on these forums.
That is the ONLY reason you are doing it, and you know it.

By the way.. since your guild seem to have a problem understanding how a PTR normally works, let me help you.
1. Patch is added to PTR
2. Patchnotes are put on forum to allow ppl to see what they might want to test
3. PTR goes live
4. Players test PTR content
5. Patch bugs get fixed
6. When enough bugs are fixed, PTR is taken down and wiped
7. Patch goes live on normal servers

You may have a hope that Trion will suddenly add a new patchnote related to siege mechanics in the middle of this patch, but that's not how it is done, even if your name is Trion.
Do siege mechanics need work? YES.. You know this, I know this, heck even Trion know this. But when the time comes, they will add it to a new patch, release specific patchnotes explaining what they have changed, and THEN you can go test those changes to see if things work better.

And Xenu (person from an earlier post): no, i do not work at Trion, but unlike you i decide to use my brain (you know, that gray thing inside your head?). You might want to try that sometime.

Whimsical
12-17-2014, 12:45 PM
No. This little gem is located in the FAQ. You know the FAQ? Where the Frequently Asked Questions are located?

I'll save you the bother of looking it up:

The key word here is may. This word is used to express the possibility of something, not the definite. Regardless, the point of the matter is that you, nor I, nor anyone else aside from Trion knows exactly whether or not the servers will be wiped today now that the patch has gone to live or whether or not they will remain available as a permanent playing/testing atmosphere with simply the possibility of a wipe at any time without notice.

Until then, you are doing little more than assuming a wipe to be the case; I however do not think it will be, seeing that Firecait has explicitly stated they don't 'intend to do wipes unless they really have to'.

Whimsical
12-17-2014, 12:51 PM
By the way.. since your guild seem to have a problem understanding how a PTR normally works, let me help you.
1. Patch is added to PTR
2. Patchnotes are put on forum to allow ppl to see what they might want to test
3. PTR goes live
4. Players test PTR content
5. Patch bugs get fixed
6. When enough bugs are fixed, PTR is taken down and wiped
7. Patch goes live on normal servers

Your timeline of events is already off. PTR was not taken down and wiped, yet the patch is already live on the normal servers. Again, this does little more than prove that you are assuming when you have no real proof, and when proof exists to counter your claim you are ignoring it. For example, what Firecait stated.

Also, I'm going to attempt not to post here any longer and entertain your argument. In the end the fact of the matter is that neither of us know exactly what will happen, if/when a wipe will happen, etc. I don't appreciate you attempting to tell me my own motivations when I've already clearly stated them and you do not believe me. Not really my problem if you want to continue to try to find something to argue about, and a way to put someone else down to make yourself feel better. I, personally, don't need to do that and so I won't. :)

By the way, I didn't create this post to "brag about having 4 castles on these forums." I didn't create this post, neither did any member of Fluffy. It was created by someone complaining about us claiming the four castles, so please get your facts straight before you try to say I came here simply to brag when I've only come here to defend the actions of my guild and myself. (:

Have fun on PTS!

Linkthehobo
12-17-2014, 12:57 PM
The fact that you have your PTS signature makes me giggle. Enjoy your new main server.

Idontkno
12-17-2014, 01:10 PM
The fact that you have your PTS signature makes me giggle. Enjoy your new main server.

+100

Trying to tell people to not take this server seriously yet you are maining this server. The fact is that some of us on west would've liked to mess around with castles as well, as most of us are not in guilds with castles on live servers. Saying that you took all 4 to help trion is BS.

JenRenegade
12-17-2014, 01:15 PM
btw, they haven't put any of the cash shop stuff yet. All they did was put the christmas decor on the servers, so there is a possibility of the server being wiped once they fully update the servers. So all that work for 4 castles was a waste a time, just saying.

teek
12-17-2014, 06:48 PM
guys

sell me accessory regrades/lucky starpoints/red charms

i want to break this ring

Nochi
12-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Ahh i Love PTS

<The Fluffy is a Lie> Prevails :P

Stonelotus
12-17-2014, 08:23 PM
so what is so hard about rolling a new character, taking the 3-4 minutes to level up to 50 and level up all the trade skill proficiencies you need and asking someone in <The Fluffy is a Lie> for an invite to the winning team?

out of character slots? use some of those free credits you got to max out your slots.

what am I missing here?

Victa
12-18-2014, 07:12 AM
This isnt normal stupid this is ADVANCED STUPID!

alexhype
12-19-2014, 07:32 AM
I really hope that guild posts some massive butt hurt about losing the castles after the first server wipe

y would we get butt hurt you **** its a pts server we know its gonna get wipe you whiney ♥♥♥♥ find something use full to say before you post stupid things on forums you just mad cause we got all 4 haters will always hate :cool::cool::cool:

ironicsilence
12-19-2014, 08:13 AM
y would we get butt hurt you **** its a pts server we know its gonna get wipe you whiney ♥♥♥♥ find something use full to say before you post stupid things on forums you just mad cause we got all 4 haters will always hate :cool::cool::cool:

lets all read my post....then lets read your post....then we can revisit your comments about being a whiney ♥♥♥♥....yes I'm super mad you got castles on a test server I'll hardly ever play on...you win

Stonelotus
12-19-2014, 08:18 AM
lets all read my post....then lets read your post....then we can revisit your comments about being a whiney ♥♥♥♥....yes I'm super mad you got castles on a test server I'll hardly ever play on...you win

let's be honest for a second. why else would you wish a bad experience on someone? such a sad petty thing to waste your hope on.

alexhype
12-19-2014, 09:11 AM
ROFL you hardly ever play on right but yet you find the time to whiney about it on forum why was this post created in the first place fk the haters fluffy to the world we took all 4 and it was fun as hell and we will do it again when they wipe server

Nochi
12-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Fluffy 4 lyfe

Astray
12-23-2014, 01:05 AM
vsALL were such ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Fluffy 4 ever

-Nightblur

Murdokk
12-26-2014, 05:17 PM
And that's it. Return to your home servers, lads.