PDA

View Full Version : Probably the best thing to fix first.

Testnaming
12-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Out of everything I have see so far on the PTS with PvP and PvE alike the number one thing I think should be on the fix list is game optimization.

The lack of optimization, memory leaks, and CPU throttle is greatly affecting both the PvE and PvP aspects of the game. There are instances where I will cast a spell on someone and they will simply slide away and nothing will happen. The game is much more taxing on computers than it needs to be and the lag it causes is making it extremely difficult to produce consistant results in both PvP and PvE.

The majority of the time it is fine but if you're running anything in the background or have just loaded into a new zone it becomes horribly lagy in combat. The Red Dragon fight will be extremely difficult for a large portion of players, not because of their gear, but because the majority of the time they will have bad FPS and a lot of screen freezes.

Fixing these issues is one huge quality of life change that will greatly benefit the overall experience of the game for new players and veterans alike. This is something that should be taken into high priority and I am sure it may already be. But whatever small amount of pressure you guys are able to apply to XLgames to produce a more optimized version please, apply it.

AcidSLiM
12-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Indeed i agree.