PDA

View Full Version : can I sell a house after my patron expires

Solday
12-16-2014, 09:43 AM
So, I have an account that is currently patron and I'm paying all my taxes on my properties. My patron expires on this account in a few days. Can I hang on to the property for a week or so and then sell it via appraisal certs even though my patron will have expired?

Will it make a difference that my property taxes will be in that "past due" stage?

Freezman13
12-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Taxes csnnot be past due.

klaern
12-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Yes, you can sell it, you just can't pay taxes.

Trubbles
12-16-2014, 10:08 AM
You will be locked out of paying your taxes AND selling your house once the taxes are late. So sell it quickly or watch it demo.

klaern
12-16-2014, 10:17 AM
You will be locked out of paying your taxes AND selling your house once the taxes are late. So sell it quickly or watch it demo.This is also true, you can't sell a house that is late on taxes, so you'd have to sell it before the taxes deadline.

Waldo
12-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Can't unsubbed people just buy tax certificates in AH?

klaern
12-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Can't unsubbed people just buy tax certificates in AH?Yes, but there's no way to pay them. You don't get the tax bill via owl mail if you're not patron.

Sucuri
12-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Talk to your neighbors, I can guarantee they will pay the most for a plot adjacent to land they already own. One guy wants my land so bad they will even pay for the certs to appraise it lol

klaern
12-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Talk to your neighbors, I can guarantee they will pay the most for a plot adjacent to land they already own. One guy wants my land so bad they will even pay for the certs to appraise it lolCuz appraisal certs are expensive? O_o

If someone wants your land that badly and isn't offering up the certs, they're idiots, or they think you're an idiot.