PDA

View Full Version : what happens to stuff when selling a house

Solday
12-16-2014, 04:29 PM
I have a couple accounts. I'd like to sell a house with all my stuff in it to my other account.
I understand that somethings, like mailboxes, will stay with the house. What will happen to chests and all the stuff in my chests? Will I lose the stuff if I don't empty the chests before the sale?

klaern
12-16-2014, 04:29 PM
It goes with the house unless it's untradable.

I think (not positive) that the untradable stuff (that doesn't say otherwise) will get sent to you via omail.

Solday
12-17-2014, 08:12 AM
thanks.
i was hoping i wouldn't have to empty the chests and try to find space in alts and banks to hold it just put it all back.

Cocoa
12-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Are those Pushie tradeable?

I bought my friend farmhouse yesterday which he had a purple pushie. It didn't disappear but went under my name. I picked it up and noticed I could not trade it to anyone.

Corsayr
12-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Anything untradeable is probably destroyed. Some untradeable stuff acts differently then others, but the good rule of thumb is if it is untradeable pick it up before transferring ownership don't take chances.

But the chest which you mentioned specifically WILL transfer with all if its contents intact as well as anything growing on the land.

Careby
12-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I bought a house that came with some items. One of which was a Plumed Helm Stand (untradeable). It was bound to the previous owner, and now it's bound to me. YMMV.

Corsayr
12-17-2014, 09:00 AM
U got lucky and the game not working as intended, not worked in your favor. :)

NotAnAdmin
12-17-2014, 09:19 AM
The other concern is contents of chest.

Untradeable items stored in chests:

a) get destroyed (most likely)
b) get mailed to you (less likely)
c) transfer to new owner

(c) would be heavy exploit, i hope it doesn't work this way

Sass
12-17-2014, 09:40 AM
I am pretty sure you cannot store anything bound or untradeable in your chest. So your chest mats should transfer.

Ember1017
12-17-2014, 09:47 AM
I am pretty sure you cannot store anything bound or untradeable in your chest. So your chest mats should transfer.
Correct. If there is a bound item that you are able to put in a chest, it most likely is bugged and should be reported. But bound items will give an error if you attempt to place them in a chest i.e... bound tax certs, quest items etc.

Mystriss
12-17-2014, 10:00 AM
I was actually wondering about this myself, I have 3 accounts, 2 of them are my crafter alts, I got a sewing machine for my tailor but I'm not sure I want to maintain 3 houses so I was wondering what would happen if I sold a house with the sewing machine in it to my main. No one in faction had the answer either.

I'm thinking about testing it on a sewing kit since that's easy enough to replace. I'll try to remember to report back what happens :)

Kytchi
12-17-2014, 10:03 AM
If you don't want to lose things in your house:

1. Pick up all your ♥♥♥♥ (no I am not your mother).
2. Mail tradable items to yourself. The mailbox can be used as temporary holding storage.
3. Keep untradable items on your person so you don't lose them.

Easy cheesy.