PDA

View Full Version : Winter Maiden Festival Marketplace Update

Scapes
12-18-2014, 05:58 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/12/winter_maiden_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/12/18/winter-maiden-festival-marketplace-update)

To celebrate the Winter Maiden Festival event, we've updated the Marketplace and Loyalty Store with new seasonal items!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/12/18/winter-maiden-festival-marketplace-update)

Picker
12-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Since this marketplace update had a bit of a surprise for me (loyalty store), when will the current items be available until?

GmailTest
12-18-2014, 06:20 PM
and servs go down 15 minutes after :c

bigmoe
12-18-2014, 06:26 PM
must really want poeple to spend money expaceally when it crashes the server great game

PunchNinja
12-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Rudolph Hauler Does Not Spawn With Owner's Mark
Just bought the 75 Loyalty Token Certificate to skin my Farm Hauler to Rudolph Hauler, received my new Scroll and summoned it - it can immediately be seated by anyone. There is no Owner's Mark on by default.

0nce
12-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Wait... did I read this correctly...

Rumbling Archeum Saplings will not be a potential drop from either the Winter Maiden’s Gift nor the Rudolph Archeum Supply crate. We will be adding these to the Loyalty Token store in a future update.

Rumbling archeum tree saplings in the loyalty shop?... Archeum and thunderstruck trees....for loyalty points..

Moose Wayne
12-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Wait... did I read this correctly...

Rumbling archeum tree saplings in the loyalty shop?... Archeum and thunderstruck trees....for loyalty points..

Oh hush. This will be so much better for castle sieges and crafters instead of having the prices vary with APEX meaning it's only going to be more expensive in the long run. You have time to sell your current TS trees at a much higher price. Take that opportunity instead of hoarding them and blowing that chance for some measly gold

LVG
12-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Why is the bear gone?

Items removed from the Marketplace
* Classic Racing Kit
* Classic Steamracer Helmet
* Denim Mecha Coveralls
* Flashy Steamracer Helmet
* Mirrorshine Racing Kit
* Mirrorshine Steamracer Helmet
* Punkster Steamgoggles
* Racing Mask
* Scarlet Mecha Coveralls
* Striped Archeum Supply Crate

Scapes
12-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Why is the bear gone?

That is an excellent question, the bear mount and turtle battle pet are missing. Reintroducing items to the Marketplace is something we can do on our side and will try to make that happen quickly.

Dunkelvolk
12-18-2014, 07:28 PM
please remove the snow

Scapes
12-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Rudolph Hauler Does Not Spawn With Owner's Mark
Just bought the 75 Loyalty Token Certificate to skin my Farm Hauler to Rudolph Hauler, received my new Scroll and summoned it - it can immediately be seated by anyone. There is no Owner's Mark on by default.

While this isn't intended, we unfortunately won't be able to fix this before the item leaves the Marketplace (it would require another build and we already have another build slated to hit PTS tonight). Be careful where you spawn it!

Scapes
12-18-2014, 07:30 PM
please remove the snow

The snow is temporary and only on certain days.

Moose Wayne
12-18-2014, 07:32 PM
How long do we have before this stuff leaves? I'm curious if I'll have enough loyalty tokens the hauler fusion item or not before it leaves

xXTamikka
12-18-2014, 07:53 PM
How long do we have before this stuff leaves? I'm curious if I'll have enough loyalty tokens the hauler fusion item or not before it leaves

This, precisely this.

Scapes
12-18-2014, 07:54 PM

Tentatively January 8.

Animaester
12-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Rudolph hauler has a disembark bug. Cannot use another vehicle unless you relog.

Fillyfooler
12-18-2014, 07:58 PM

Can it be temporary for however long it has been turned on and ONLY for today, never to return? It is driving people away faster than anything else that has been done to date. It is physically making people ill.

Ashley Lee
12-18-2014, 08:02 PM

I'll be requesting compensation for all days that snow effects are on. I'm sure its fine on some computers, but i take 30% hit to fps and the conditions are white out. It truly is unplayable.

Gilch2
12-18-2014, 08:03 PM
@scapes .... awesome man, i cant wait to buy more RNG boxes ... oh wait i cant,
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?143969-p2w-fails-100-of-the-time-when-you-dont-even-let-your-whales-play

xXTamikka
12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Snow is causing HUGE FPS drops on a lot of systems, I have 5 friends who've confirmed they cannot play until the snow is gone,
I personally lose around 12fps.
Please fix.

jumbaliah
12-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Snow is causing HUGE FPS drops on a lot of systems, I have 5 friends who've confirmed they cannot play until the snow is gone,
I personally lose around 12fps.
Please fix.

Where's your Christmas spirit man?! Cheer up champ :)

xXTamikka
12-18-2014, 08:13 PM
@jumbaliah

Oh, It's not really effecting me at the end of the day.
I'd just like my friends to be able to play too. :)

Mukeka
12-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Please turn of this snow

Culland
12-18-2014, 08:22 PM
its horrible, the idea of implementing this trash without a way to turn it off by choice is pretty short sighted and lazy, imo

Franciscothefab
12-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Turn off the snow or I am dumping my account. This is complete nonsense. Also in poor taste that you launch the snow minutes after support chat closes.

Dunkelvolk
12-18-2014, 08:32 PM
unplayable, my head hurts brightness

Franciscothefab
12-18-2014, 08:33 PM
There are a ton of complains in chat about it. But of course if the GMs paid attention to what went on in the game they'd know that.

sarinda
12-18-2014, 08:38 PM
theres also a lot of people that love the snow it wont be here long just deal with it people QQ about anything lol

d3monking
12-18-2014, 08:41 PM
How to turn off the snow ?

Franciscothefab
12-18-2014, 08:45 PM
theres also a lot of people that love the snow it wont be here long just deal with it people QQ about anything lol

Not going to just "deal" with it. Going to dump my account if they can't get this nonsense ended.

just4me
12-18-2014, 08:54 PM
While this isn't intended, we unfortunately won't be able to fix this before the item leaves the Marketplace (it would require another build and we already have another build slated to hit PTS tonight). Be careful where you spawn it!

So glad there is the PST server where patches are tested for bugs .... oh wait .... Seems it's also a fail.

Fillyfooler
12-18-2014, 08:54 PM
How to turn off the snow ?

Exit game, only way to turn off the snow right now. Very unfortunate for all the people that can't play for more than a couple minutes with it turned on due to the eye strain, headaches and vertigo it is causing them. An option to disable it client-side would be nice, but don't hold your breath on that one. Probably going to just have to keep an eye on the forums for when people say it gets turned off, then we can play again until they turn it back on. On the bright side, not being able to play means we aren't paying for an extra set of labor pots since we can't spend the labor in the first place.

Ozzelot
12-18-2014, 09:07 PM
The Icekissed Winter Festival Costum "extra" Hotkey for the music is driving me more crazy than the snow or anything else at the moment, it ruins my hotkeys. :-( Can you please remove it or make another extra key for it!

Edit1: Nevermind I figured it out I just moved the hotkeys +1 and left the first one blank. :D

Edit2: Hmmm, next problem, I also have bound a spell to "R", that I can't use when I am wearing the Costum, even if I have unbound the "R" key from the first status-sensitive keybind, any help on that? As long as I am wearing the costum the hotkey for my spell stays red... maybe just remove the music after holidays!

d3monking
12-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Exit game, only way to turn off the snow right now. Very unfortunate for all the people that can't play for more than a couple minutes with it turned on due to the eye strain, headaches and vertigo it is causing them. An option to disable it client-side would be nice, but don't hold your breath on that one. Probably going to just have to keep an eye on the forums for when people say it gets turned off, then we can play again until they turn it back on. On the bright side, not being able to play means we aren't paying for an extra set of labor pots since we can't spend the labor in the first place.
Thx for the tips. Sad.. Sad.. Sad.. T_T

Klertahn
12-18-2014, 09:49 PM
I hate the snow too - eye strain, and it's too hard to see things anyway.

Palinore
12-18-2014, 10:24 PM
It makes me happy to see that the removal of the bear mount wasn't on purpose! I went to go purchase it and it wasn't there.

Nashemon
12-18-2014, 10:35 PM

Do you have a schedule so I can plan my play time around it?

Theragnar
12-18-2014, 10:43 PM
NO MORE SNOW. There, you have feedback. Act on it.

Itaremustbedangeres
12-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Oh my gewds you guys are raging because of the FCKING snow? Seriously.

"Waha the snow is hurting my eyes wahaha plz turns it offs naow" leave the game for a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hour and come back once it's gone if you can't handle it.

People will complain about anything these days. I'm not a fanboy or anything but for ♥♥♥♥s sake I can appreciate it when they implement something neat that supports the Winter/Christmas Spirit...

Mr Bawkbagawk
12-19-2014, 12:55 AM
goodness me the white knights are working EXTRA hard on cherry picking their defenses today. why is it Trinot is the only company I have ever seen that can screw up SNOW? lots of games have winter levels that dont require an adjustment of gamma to get a few min of play before you need to lay down in a dark room. seriously, just get rid of it. white knights will always take the company side no matter how ridiculous they look. this is what makes them trolls. their opinions are neither honest nor valid.

Itaremustbedangeres
12-19-2014, 01:03 AM
goodness me the white knights are working EXTRA hard on cherry picking their defenses today. why is it Trinot is the only company I have ever seen that can screw up SNOW? lots of games have winter levels that dont require an adjustment of gamma to get a few min of play before you need to lay down in a dark room. seriously, just get rid of it. white knights will always take the company side no matter how ridiculous they look. this is what makes them trolls. their opinions are neither honest nor valid.

Nah man Trion ♥♥♥♥ed up on many levels. But seriously people are complaining about snow? This will be gone January 8th at the latest. It's not even permanent they're turning it on and off once in a while.

What I just noticed though: They managed to turn off the snow once you're in your/any house haha. Played AA KR last week and even they didn't manage to do that haha

okwtf
12-19-2014, 01:11 AM
I like the snow, it's a lovely change from the norm. Just way too many serious scrooges who can't take 5 minutes to enjoy anything in life.

Luyu
12-19-2014, 01:16 AM
I can´t play with this snow. My eyes burn after a few minutes. That´s a fact. ENJOY? wtf - I HATE this.

GmailTest
12-19-2014, 01:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/47YlF4K.png

GM'S HELP PLEASE THIS IS LIKE THIS EVERYWHERE

finally found a topic i could post into but everywhere else i get this must be level 15

Bunnyleptic
12-19-2014, 01:23 AM
For people out there who don't have time to read every page, I decided to post this very often, just to help. So excuse me for copy pasting for those who know it already. Please bare with me, I'm just trying to help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To turn off snow effects do the following:

Go into your Documents folder,
then go into your ArcheAge folder,
then in there open the system (system.cfg) file with notepad or similar text editor

add the following lines;

r_Rain = 0
r_Snow = 0

Save it, close it, and restart your ArcheAge game.

Enjoy ;)

BADEVIL
12-19-2014, 02:07 AM
For people out there who don't have time to read every page, I decided to post this very often, just to help. So excuse me for copy pasting for those who know it already. Please bare with me, I'm just trying to help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then in there open the system (system.cfg) file with notepad or similar text editor

add the following lines;

r_Rain = 0
r_Snow = 0

Enjoy ;)

Are you read 2 first line of system config?
Not that I'm paranoid but probably edit this file, cause send information to some stupid Trion system, and next fly to you ban for innocence.
@Scapes are we allowed to make that change?

Bunnyleptic
12-19-2014, 03:30 AM
Are you read 2 first line of system config?
Not that I'm paranoid but probably edit this file, cause send information to some stupid Trion system, and next fly to you ban for innocence.
@Scapes are we allowed to make that change?

Yes I have read first 2 lines of the System configuration file and I am well aware of it, however this is not gamebreaking. There is no advantage in removing the snow effects, other than saving yourself a headache while playing.
Another fact is, if I didn't give the information, that would mean that many people who have issues with snow wouldn't be able to play ArcheAge till 8 of January. This could lead to those people leaving the game as well. I am sure, Trion does not wants this to happen...

Orio
12-19-2014, 04:49 AM
Rumbling Archeum Saplings will not be a potential drop from either the Winter Maiden’s Gift nor the Rudolph Archeum Supply crate. We will be adding these to the Loyalty Token store in a future update.

This is actually good choice IMHO, because it will be bound to game time rather than money/credits.

OnlyOneShinobi
12-19-2014, 04:54 AM

1. I can't believe people are threatening to quit over snow effects. This is exactly why they won't listen to you. You guys complain and whine about everything. Have you tried turning down your own brightness settings?

TBH, I turned my brightness all the way up because it was so dark while aquafarming. But did i come on here and complain? NO.
Did I threaten to quit the game because the ocean is too dark? NO. I fixed it myself.

I have no problems with the brightness of the snow. The FPS maybe. And that would be legitimate. But the brightness? Get real, and turn down your display settings.

2. @Mr Bawkbagawk, really. People who call you fools foolish are automatically white knights? And you would defend anyone who complains about anything? What does that make you? Our valiant Bawkbagawk defender of spoiled sullen crybabies? B. Please.

Ya'll need to stop using White knight like its an insult. And start listening to your own complaints. I think you'd go deaf from all the whining.

Amelia Syleste
12-19-2014, 05:02 AM
1. I can't believe people are threatening to quit over snow effects. This is exactly why they won't listen to you. You guys complain and whine about everything. Have you tried turning down your own brightness settings?

TBH, I turned my brightness all the way up because it was so dark while aquafarming. But did i come on here and complain? NO.
Did I threaten to quit the game because the ocean is too dark? NO. I fixed it myself.

I have no problems with the brightness of the snow. The FPS maybe. And that would be legitimate. But the brightness? Get real, and turn down your display settings.

2. @Mr Bawkbagawk, really. People who call you fools foolish are automatically white knights? And you would defend anyone who complains about anything? What does that make you? Our valiant Bawkbagawk defender of spoiled sullen crybabies? B. Please.

Ya'll need to stop using White knight like its an insult. And start listening to your own complaints. I think you'd go deaf from all the whining.

Just AMEN. That is all.

No, wait, lemmie add...I like the snow (I hope it comes and goes sporadically, it'll be fun). I like the Rudolph hauler, I like the trees, I like the Snowmen (especially blue and red :) and I like the stockings. I like the event. Thank you, Scapes and thank you, Trion.

Belhammer
12-19-2014, 06:20 AM
I like the snow. I think it's perfectly fine. In fact, I hope they keep the snow for the entire 3 month season of winter... or at least just long enough for everyone who is THIS mad about it to leave the game.

When we complain about something, we need to make sure what we're complaining about is worthwhile and not something that can be fixed by adjusting a slider.

TBH, if you're thinking about leaving b/c of the snow, then why are you still here? There have been WAY bigger screw ups than snow less than 2 weeks ago. If snow is all it took, you should have been gone a long time ago.

Time to build a bridge ppl

Scarran
12-19-2014, 06:23 AM
Im another one who likes the snow altho I dont want it on permanently, I do hope it comes and goes. It is a Christmas patch after all and the snow gives it a more Christmas feel, especially when you're planting snowmen on green grass it just looks strange.

Namesliz
12-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Why is the poinsettia costume bind on pick up?

Luna91
12-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Personally love the snow, it gives the event something different. However not happy with the fact that the Rudolph Hauler broke my game. Unable to run my trade runs properly because I can't even get on the thing :( Foolish to think that something that takes 15 days of logging in to get would be as buggy as it is. Stuck using my alt's farm cart!

Hanthos
12-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Not going to just "deal" with it. Going to dump my account if they can't get this nonsense ended.Then stop QQ'ing and bloody well just leave! And please take your poor attitude with you.

Joll1Roger
12-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Stop this snow or give us choice to do it.Its killing my eyes cant play at all.
Thank y0u

Bunnyleptic
12-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Stop this snow or give us choice to do it.Its killing my eyes cant play at all.
Thank y0u

add the following lines;

r_Rain = 0
r_Snow = 0

Enjoy ;)

Joll1Roger
12-19-2014, 08:51 AM

add the following lines;

r_Rain = 0
r_Snow = 0

Enjoy ;)

I have read ur posts Bunny but its Trion job to answer about this problem.For what i give them money?

Bunnyleptic
12-19-2014, 08:53 AM
I have read ur posts Bunny but its Trion job to answer about this problem.For what i give them money?

Well ok, then stop asking them to "fix" it, and just wait. I was just trying to help.

junweizhu
12-19-2014, 11:00 AM

To support them in hosting the game? Why are you guys so stubborn to demand an answer from the publisher while another already has given you an appropriate one? For one they can just copy paste his post if that's really what you want. If you don't want anyone else's answer on your post, then use livechat instead of the forums.

dash
12-19-2014, 11:55 AM
J'avoue avoir trouvé le temps long pour l'arrivée de tout ce qui concerne noël mais c'est prenant, assez complet, beau, la neige est tout simplement magnifique et a mes yeux sans vraiment d'encombre, aller osons un peu et chapeau-bas l'équipe un noël sans fausse note.

Renyen
12-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Just wanted to let trion know to get ride of the christmas tree event or put in there that only higher lvl 1 star and up mobs drop anything for the tree. i did the quest once and got the tree and then after that nothing and killed atleast 500 - 700 mobs lvls 18-40 and still got nothing. i dont want to waste time like that again its not worth it at all.

frozen
12-19-2014, 01:16 PM
The snow is really pretty. But i have lag like hell because of it :( So hope it turns off fast...

Franciscothefab
12-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Then stop QQ'ing and bloody well just leave! And please take your poor attitude with you.

Shove it buddy. Only a complete tool and ♥♥♥♥♥♥ bag uses "QQ"

Mardyr
12-19-2014, 01:44 PM
This is my first post for Archeage: Please turn this snow off.

Or give me the option to do this. I play for a while and i felt sick and my eyes hurt.
I am not a player who hates about the publisher or the game.

Please its Christmas, dont forcing me.

__________________________________________________ ________________
[German]

Bitte deaktiviert den Schnee.

Oder gebt mir die Option es selbst zu tun. Nach einer weile im Spiel wurde mir übel und meine Augen schmerzen.
Ich meckere sonst nicht über Publisher oder Spiele, aber hier ist eine Grenze überschritten.

Zwingt mir euren Sch... nicht auf, es ist Weihnachten.

Eichiro
12-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Why are you asking to remove the snow? it's very selfish, and unfair for the people who can play with it and like it. Instead ask for an option to turn it off...

Bravix
12-19-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm playing on a >5 year old laptop, and the snow really hasn't been that big of a deal.

Maybe you need upgrade from the potato you're running the game on.

Virilitas
12-19-2014, 03:37 PM
goodness me the white knights are working EXTRA hard .

That is not what a 'White Knight' refers to. That is called 'fanboy', where the person defends the target of their fandom regardless of what they do.

'White Knight' is when people jump into the defense of women for no reason other than them being female. As in the Knight saving a Princess, and just as sexist as insulting women just the sake of being women.

USFNOOB
12-19-2014, 03:50 PM

So I got this and then reverted it cause I cant have this issue... I put in a ticket for it but we all know that will not get resolved for a very long time... Also the Yuletide Hauler has the same issue. So yeah... 75 loyalty and 1000 credits back please.

Also please edit it so we can buy the reindeer armor directly on the marketplace, I'm not going to buy another 20 archeum packages to MAYBE get one of the armor peices... got the Reindeer... first good RNG item I ahve gotten of more than 200 boxes. So yay for first times T.T

Idajiah
12-19-2014, 03:51 PM
For everyone having issues with snow, look up the Reddit post about disabling the snow effect. It's done in config. Now, whether editing this particular line of config is bannable is another story. Hence why I won't post details here. Find and use at your own risk. But might help those with medical or omg-bad-potato issues.

Krynch
12-19-2014, 03:52 PM
I like the snow. I think it's perfectly fine. In fact, I hope they keep the snow for the entire 3 month season of winter... or at least just long enough for everyone who is THIS mad about it to leave the game.

People crying over an effect, that IMO enhances the emersion atmosphere of the game.
Bring on the white outs, the rains - hell spawn some killer lightning that fries the buggers in plate armor!

USFNOOB
12-19-2014, 03:54 PM
That is not what a 'White Knight' refers to. That is called 'fanboy', where the person defends the target of their fandom regardless of what they do.

'White Knight' is when people jump into the defense of women for no reason other than them being female. As in the Knight saving a Princess, and just as sexist as insulting women just the sake of being women.

Sorry but WHAT? It's sexist to do things for women because they women? That is called being an Adult, it's human nature. No wait I forgot, Human Nature died in the last few years and now all you want to do is bang them and throw them to streets. Sorry but what is more rude here?

If this is what a White Knight is described as then I HAPPILY take that title.

taxcollector
12-22-2014, 01:21 PM
@Scraps

Bro, the update has really messed with drop rates. I have 3k worth of Auroria kills with 40% +DR on and not 1 piece of Auroria gear dropped.

I've brought this the the attention of the severs chat and confirmed that no 1 has had an Auroria gearbox drop since the Dec17 update.

Not really a ticket for sever and update issues, So logged this under loot. hope it helps sort out future sever issues like this in later updates.
T #141222-001812

Mimosa
12-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Where is the item that allow me to have more skills in the marketplace?

Virilitas
12-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Sorry but WHAT? It's sexist to do things for women because they women? That is called being an Adult, it's human nature. No wait I forgot, Human Nature died in the last few years and now all you want to do is bang them and throw them to streets. Sorry but what is more rude here?

If this is what a White Knight is described as then I HAPPILY take that title.

You're surprised to learn the definition of a word? Sexism is treating somebody differently based upon their gender. Usually it's referring to negative treatment, but it just as equally applies to positive deference for no reason.

We should treat everybody, regardless of race, age, or gender -equally-. Whether you're a dickhead or a polite and kind soul, you should treat everyone the same or it's racism, ageism, or sexism.

Swolja
12-22-2014, 07:32 PM
You're surprised to learn the definition of a word? Sexism is treating somebody differently based upon their gender.
WRONG. Sexism is treating someone "unfairly" because of their gender. That's a very important distinction, women don't want to be treated the same, because they're not the same, or vice versa. Example: A guy asks off work for pregnancy leave, gets laughed out of office. Girl does and boss is already filling out paperwork.
Call a guy coworker a ♥♥♥♥♥ and he laughs and hi-fives you, call a girl a ♥♥♥♥♥ and spend the next 3 hours in HR filling out you severance package.

This is why our generation is laughed at, you can't take a piss without offending 3 different ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ self-entitled ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s these days. Everybody feels like everybody else "owes" them something, bad news, the world don't owe you ♥♥♥♥, and if you weren't safely tucked away in your Midwest Starbucks and somewhere a bit less civilized....well, give it a shot, you might be surprised..