PDA

View Full Version : The Winter Maiden Festival is Here!

Scapes
12-18-2014, 07:15 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/12/winter_maiden_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/12/18/the-winter-maiden-festival-is-here)

The Winter Maiden Festival has arrived in ArcheAge! Celebrate the holidays with new in-game events.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/12/18/the-winter-maiden-festival-is-here)

Dunkelvolk
12-18-2014, 07:28 PM
please , remove the snow

StaticXster70
12-18-2014, 07:39 PM
For the love of all that is good and holy, please patch so that players can turn off the god awful snow effect. It is blindingly bright and is even making quest-givers artifact. Please, please, please provide some way to disable this visual abomination and assault on my eyes. Thank you.

Animaester
12-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Is the Rudolph Hauler glitched? Trying to ride the hauler will sometimes make it so that you can't use it cause you have to disembark first even though you aren't on it.

Gilch2
12-18-2014, 07:58 PM
@scapes oh mannn i cant wait to buy more RNG boxes .... oh wait i cant spend more money ....

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?143969-p2w-fails-100-of-the-time-when-you-dont-even-let-your-whales-play

Agionora
12-18-2014, 09:05 PM
damn like the snow really much leave it deff on its something diff for a change

Theragnar
12-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Turn off snow please k thx bai

Crazy Mike
12-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddd ALL the ♥♥♥♥ worth getting is in the cash shop, expected xD

ManMeetDog
12-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Complain about not getting snow, complain when you get snow. Seems legit.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddd ALL the ♥♥♥♥ worth getting is in the cash shop, expected xD

Would you expect any less? They don't appreciate us, they just take, and take.

Nothing really worth the grind.

BADEVIL
12-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Turn Off this killing eyes snow or make it less white.

Now game are totally unplayable !!!

Bunnyleptic
12-19-2014, 01:20 AM
For people out there who don't have time to read every page, I decided to post this very often, just to help. So excuse me for copy pasting for those who know it already. Please bare with me, I'm just trying to help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To turn off snow effects do the following:

Go into your Documents folder,
then go into your ArcheAge folder,
then in there open the system (system.cfg) file with notepad or similar text editor

add the following lines;

r_Rain = 0
r_Snow = 0

Save it, close it, and restart your ArcheAge game.

Enjoy ;)

GmailTest
12-19-2014, 01:22 AM
PLEASE SEND HELP

http://i.imgur.com/47YlF4K.png

can only post replies in threads in this section

Bunnyleptic
12-19-2014, 01:25 AM
PLEASE SEND HELP

http://i.imgur.com/47YlF4K.png

can only post replies in threads in this section

I had this issue too. Log out from the forums and log back in again solved the problem for me.

GmailTest
12-19-2014, 01:35 AM
I had this issue too. Log out from the forums and log back in again solved the problem for me.

did that multiple times

BADEVIL
12-19-2014, 02:08 AM
For people out there who don't have time to read every page, I decided to post this very often, just to help. So excuse me for copy pasting for those who know it already. Please bare with me, I'm just trying to help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To turn off snow effects do the following:

Go into your Documents folder,
then go into your ArcheAge folder,
then in there open the system (system.cfg) file with notepad or similar text editor

add the following lines;

r_Rain = 0
r_Snow = 0

Save it, close it, and restart your ArcheAge game.

Enjoy ;)

Are you read 2 first line of system config?
Not that I'm paranoid but probably edit this file, cause send information to some stupid Trion system, and next fly to you ban for innocence.
@Scapes are we allowed to make that change?

Bunnyleptic
12-19-2014, 03:16 AM
Are you read 2 first line of system config?
Not that I'm paranoid but probably edit this file, cause send information to some stupid Trion system, and next fly to you ban for innocence.
@Scapes are we allowed to make that change?

Yes I have read first 2 lines of the System configuration file and I am well aware of it, however this is not gamebreaking. There is no advantage in removing the snow effects, other than saving yourself a headache while playing.
Another fact is, if I didn't give the information, that would mean that many people who have issues with snow wouldn't be able to play ArcheAge till 8 of January. This could lead to those people leaving the game as well. I am sure, Trion does not wants this to happen...

duque
12-19-2014, 05:23 AM
Very nice snow, whenever damage eyes shall look to the sun and not burned with a game, snow in arid and tropical serious? and you can imagine my part where you can get the effect of nive

Mrrshaw
12-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Snow was wonderful. And now it seems to be turned off.... Sad day.

imnotyoda
12-19-2014, 02:18 PM
please fix the servers.

Polar
12-19-2014, 04:42 PM
60 Winter Maiden's Gift packs so far not one Poinsettia Winter Festival Costume .... Enjoy RNG!!!

Polar
12-19-2014, 06:33 PM
60 Winter Maiden's Gift packs so far not one Poinsettia Winter Festival Costume .... Enjoy RNG!!!

Now up to 90.. still no Costume...

SuperNoob
12-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Yes I have read first 2 lines of the System configuration file and I am well aware of it, however this is not gamebreaking. There is no advantage in removing the snow effects, other than saving yourself a headache while playing.
Another fact is, if I didn't give the information, that would mean that many people who have issues with snow wouldn't be able to play ArcheAge till 8 of January. This could lead to those people leaving the game as well. I am sure, Trion does not wants this to happen...

No... THERE IS... in pvp map I EXPECT you have snow - so my play is different.

And more... removing snow take OFF your discomfort - WHILE mine still be ON = DISADVANTAGE

Rhua
12-19-2014, 06:50 PM

And more... removing snow take OFF your discomfort - WHILE mine still be ON = DISADVANTAGE

I think you have chosen your forum name quiet accurately.

Hellbinder
12-19-2014, 10:45 PM
screw you guys I love the snow.

freakin bunch of grinches.

BADEVIL
12-20-2014, 02:25 AM
screw you guys I love the snow.

freakin bunch of grinches.

If you love it so much, then you shuld pay for pain killers. My head is going to explode from watching that white Lack of competence.
I like snowbut this what you call snow in AA is bad graphics effect causing headache.

Zhalik
12-20-2014, 05:50 AM
i like the snow

Polar
12-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Now up to 90.. still no Costume...

NOW UP TO 100, congrats trion

Polar
12-20-2014, 07:10 PM
NOW UP TO 100, congrats trion

http://content.screencast.com/users/nobodyplays/folders/Snagit/media/237137b0-cc1b-480e-bfb4-bbb025a4204d/12.21.2014-10.09.png

Bunnyleptic
12-20-2014, 10:55 PM

As your name says, you have no idea what you are talking about, keep up with being a noob.

Pssst, Scapes already gave an official statement that they won't ban anyone for removing snow effects. If they would think that it gives advantages many people including me would have been banned already. Or Scapes would give us a warning and tell us not to change snow effects.

Last but not least:
If you choose to win a pvp just because your opponent has a "discomfort" as you call it, then you are definetly a noob.
Not winning a pvp fight in an honorable way makes you a scrub.

So please, go back to your cave where you came from.

Tourmaline
12-20-2014, 11:17 PM
http://content.screencast.com/users/nobodyplays/folders/Snagit/media/237137b0-cc1b-480e-bfb4-bbb025a4204d/12.21.2014-10.09.png

Yeah I opened at least 100, didn't get either. And what is this email? Is that random or something b/c I haven't gotten an email with a free box. Probably done spending money with them with such abysmal chances at a untradeable item no less.

guelle2410
12-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah I opened at least 100, didn't get either. And what is this email? Is that random or something b/c I haven't gotten an email with a free box. Probably done spending money with them with such abysmal chances at a untradeable item no less.

why do you people keep giving money to greedy trion? What the fck is wrong with them? why put a costume in a rng box with so little chance to get? GREEDY TRION IS GREEDY...

eehbiertje
12-23-2014, 11:33 AM
why do you people keep giving money to greedy trion? What the fck is wrong with them? why put a costume in a rng box with so little chance to get? GREEDY TRION IS GREEDY...

because dumbasses like that buy the stuff? (and i am fine with that it's not gamebreaking/ effort killing )
like the bear mount that people work months and months for to get it.. and suddenly pops up at cash shop?

Gameless
12-24-2014, 01:17 PM
It is xmas and I thought "Ok, I will give Trino a chance. I will do the Xmas event."

So I took the quest in Caernord where you need 8 Items to get the Xmas tree. I've killed 79 (!) mobs to collect the 8 items, turned in the quest just to find out that I need more of those items to decorate the tree.

I've killed all kinds of mobs the last 2 hours and not a single item dropped? Are you kidding me?

Keep your ♥♥♥♥ing event, keep your ♥♥♥♥ing game. And I keep my money.

That was my last post, I promise. I'm done with AA and I'm done with Trino.

Khaza
12-26-2014, 04:15 AM
So does Trion have a good answer to why we don't have the same opportunity to get nice items from the christmas event as Koreans do?
Afer all, what I've heard the goal is to get us to same stage as koreans.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/424877/Christmas-Event-items-Trion-puts-on-its-Grinch-costume.html

XL list of items for their gift box for Korean players.
Carrot Dash
Drop of a Hat Box1
Gilt Steamfish Submarine
Iron Will Potion
Mirage Bjorne
Naval Service Uniform
Overdrive Giftbox
Peasant's Secret Stash x3
Rainmaker Cleaner
Resplendent Armor Regrade Scroll
Resplendent Weapon Regrade Scroll
Steeled Will Potion
Sweettooth Star Cake

Below is what Trion is putting in the gift box for the NA/EU playerbase.

Candy Cane
Dragon Firework
Heart Firework
Lollipop
Snowball
Starpop
Winter Maiden Festival Phonograph

Bunnyleptic
12-26-2014, 05:47 AM
So does Trion have a good answer to why we don't have the same opportunity to get nice items from the christmas event as Koreans do?
Afer all, what I've heard the goal is to get us to same stage as koreans.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/424877/Christmas-Event-items-Trion-puts-on-its-Grinch-costume.html

Because most of us don't want to spend over 9000 credit's to get a Mirage Bjorn Bear for example!!

I for one love that mount and to see it only obtainable through a RNG-box would hurt my soul :(

Khaza
12-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Because most of us don't want to spend over 9000 credit's to get a Mirage Bjorn Bear for example!!

I for one love that mount and to see it only obtainable through a RNG-box would hurt my soul :(

And it is from the christmas tree box, not store bought...

Hanyuu
12-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Please friends! Give me the boxing day sales and the good things please.

CashforCookies
12-26-2014, 12:12 PM
It is xmas and I thought "Ok, I will give Trino a chance. I will do the Xmas event."

So I took the quest in Caernord where you need 8 Items to get the Xmas tree. I've killed 79 (!) mobs to collect the 8 items, turned in the quest just to find out that I need more of those items to decorate the tree.

I've killed all kinds of mobs the last 2 hours and not a single item dropped? Are you kidding me?

Keep your ♥♥♥♥ing event, keep your ♥♥♥♥ing game. And I keep my money.

That was my last post, I promise. I'm done with AA and I'm done with Trino.

are you seriously crying over killing a mere 79 mobs? i kill like 500 mobs per day easily lol

and for decorating a tree you need another item which also drops while farming for the tree (i could decorate 10 trees by now, since those drop fast enough)

Bunnyleptic
12-26-2014, 03:24 PM
And it is from the christmas tree box, not store bought...

Stil RNG is RGN and I dislike it.

kathrinalewis
01-30-2015, 07:42 AM
That's a wonderful article. The snow is eyecatching